A small note for Anet

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Penace.7304

Penace.7304

As a fan of GW2 I come here to say I have played this game rabidly for 4 weeks now, and I have to say congratulations for an amazing game. I also have to say that unfortunately it is taking a bit too long for you guys to “fix” or at least start correcting some major issues, and the time you are wasting may be costing you players (2 of my friends already stopped playing until stuff gets done).

From a PvP PoV the things I think that simply must be looked at asap(I won’t justify why I think they should be looked at, most of it is self-explainatory):

- Quickness;(Specially the part that it affects stomping speed)
- Moa Morph;
- Caltrops on Dodge (and the whole build for that matter);
- Toss Elixir R and healing scaling with it;
- Illusionary Berserker hitting trough walls and LoS;
- Necromancers 12842912948391723 bugs and Necromancer in general; (Imho needs tone up)
- Elementalists survivability in non-support builds; (Needs tone up imho)
- Elementalists downed state;(Needs tone up imho)
- Rangers utility;(Its nothing compared to other professions and the damage they bring doesn’t make up for it, needs tone up Imho)
- Thief,Mesmer and Engineer downed state;(Tone down Imho)
- Thief Backstab Builds; (One shotting the other teams damage dealer on the demand it’s not/never going to be OK, tone down Imho)
- Mesmer Team Utility and defending;(AoE quickness, portals, 1v2 defending (only properly done with Moa Morph))
- Illusionary Persona and Illusionary Invigoration in a 5v5 format.

Outside of class balance, other things that I think are making people abandoning the game already:

- General Lag and horrible lag spikes for no reason;
- Terrain bugs/getting stuck;
- Everything about Underwater PvP and water downed state feels like a gigantic waste of time;
- Minimap not showing team mates names makes it difficult to play organized unless your using voice communication;
- Imho Stun Breakers should break Immobilize;
- 5 Mins before the game starts is too long for a 5v5 with random people, 3 mins would be more than enough;(Yes I know there’s a ready button but I can’t press it for the other 9 players)
- For some reason some skills have a 50% missing chance either because of ridiculous animations that everyone will just move out of/dodge or because It just misses if the target is two close or lagging (Flaking Strike, Banish, Shield Bash among many others);
- Condition damage shouldn’t be kittened at damaging trebuchets/doors, it just feels unfair (make trebuchets and doors still imunne to conditions but make the damage dealt to be calculated from Power+Condition Damage+Weapon Damage, instead of just Power+Weapon Damage;
- Many graphic bugs either on the preview window, or Black Lion trading center and during the game in general;
- The point system is good but with many flaws, discouraging players to play well in 8v8 random, witch can lead to a lot of frustration by new players/players that are just farming glory and actually play well;

Thats about it, sorry for the long post, have this Cheeto that was on my pocket, toodles

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Penace.7304

• Forgot to add camera issues.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

*tune
Also, as far as Ranger goes, he can be likened to a Necromancer in the way that he only has one viable PvP build (quickness power shortbow), but that build rocks all kinds of socks, so he is much better off.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Penace.7304

Rocks all kinds of socks but its boring Imho and not very diverse or in-depth gameplay, also thanks for correcting me, sometimes I do make some awful typos.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Add also:

1)all mesmer illusions are able to teleport near target regardless of the starting position of the mesmer himself, in the Forest map if attacking from the top of the platform, the mesmer illusions can teleport next to you and follow you around afterward

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

+1, you should only get points for actually making your team get points or denying enemies’ points. Wtf is objective assaulter or skirmisher? It’s also ridiculous to see 8 people standing on one point for 10 seconds to get points for it…

What’s your opinion of conquest?

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Penace.7304

@ Arheundel: Yes there are several problems with illusions, in terms of LoS and glitches. On a side note do please do not turn this into yet another Mesmer QQ tread if possible, this is a tread about the state of PvP in general, according to my opinion.

@ pullnointer: Didn’t understand your question, what do you mean by conquest?

A small note for Anet

in PvP

pullnointer.1476

I’m talking about the game mode of capturing points.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Penace.7304

I’m sorry didn’t know it went by that name (it’s actually pretty obvious I just never thought of it).
I think it’s the best mode for the way this game was created, position, displacement skills, and bursting key targets are pretty much everything in terms of fighting, so a stationary point that if controlled gives points to your team seems the best option to me. If you compare it to capture the flag for instance it would either tanks with stability broken for capping or make knockbacks wayyyy too good for defending.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Ithir Darkleaf.7923

Ithir Darkleaf.7923

I can’t agree more with EVERY point that you made Penace. I hope ArenaNet keep in mind this post and improve at least some of the things it mentions.

~ The light of a new day

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Penace.7304

Thanks Ithir Darkleaf, I just want to play a balanced and enjoyable game, like everyone else

A small note for Anet

in PvP

pullnointer.1476

I’m sorry didn’t know it went by that name (it’s actually pretty obvious I just never thought of it).
I think it’s the best mode for the way this game was created, position, displacement skills, and bursting key targets are pretty much everything in terms of fighting, so a stationary point that if controlled gives points to your team seems the best option to me. If you compare it to capture the flag for instance it would either tanks with stability broken for capping or make knockbacks wayyyy too good for defending.

I find that it takes away a lot of excitement for me :| You can come back sure, but it’s just points.. I like the foefire map the best because of the guild lord mechanic which was pretty much what made gvg interesting in gw1(flagging also added an element of tactics into it)

The way it is currently (people just bunkering up and little skirmishes) I don’t particularly find fun.. Though that may just be because there is no competition yet..

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Penace.7304

There could be more “mini objectives”, maybe, on Forest mostly, since i find Khylo and Legacy to be really well designed maps, but I don’t know how would that affect the flow of Objective Capturing and positional control, if it would turn it to a random zerg of “MUST TAEK ALL THE OBJECTIVES, EVERY1 RALLY 2 MEH!”

A small note for Anet

in PvP

pullnointer.1476

There could be more “mini objectives”, maybe, on Forest mostly, since i find Khylo and Legacy to be really well designed maps, but I don’t know how would that affect the flow of Objective Capturing and positional control, if it would turn it to a random zerg of “MUST TAEK ALL THE OBJECTIVES, EVERY1 RALLY 2 MEH!”

that surely wouldn’t be the case with tournaments, and that’s all there is to care about really..

even on kyhlo and legacy, you must have bunkers standing on your captured points all game long or else they’ll just get neutralized instantly. It might be worth a shot for anet to try and increase neutralization times imo.. They said that they wanted to make it easier to turn games around doing this but that makes absolutely zero sense to me, especially in tournaments. If you’ve kittened up the first 3 minutes, just trying really hard because “oh we can still win this” won’t magically win you the game. In pvp what you need is perfect execution.

more objectives on forest sounds nice. or maybe more frequent respawns with slightly less points awarded.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Penace.7304

Of course I’m exagerating about the Zerg ball, but you know what I mean, if the “Mini Objectives” were more worthwhile than nodes, there would be zerg balls running from point A to B and back again.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Kalar Meadia.8439

Kalar Meadia.8439

That’s not a small note. That’s a large gripe, and again, nothing that hasn’t been said or rebutted before.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: HiddenFear.3618

HiddenFear.3618

- Rangers utility;(Its nothing compared to other professions and the damage they bring doesn’t make up for it, needs tone up Imho)
- Thief,Mesmer and Engineer downed state;(Tone down Imho)

Stopped reading here honestly. Power Shortbow Rangers and Condition are both excellent at what they do, their damage exceeds other classes in a short time-span.
Also, there is nothing wrong with engineer downstate.

Kaldir / Kalvir [ULTD]
Condition Engi / Control Guard
Afternoon & Late Night Crew – WvWvW

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Penace.7304

No, the damage doesn’t exceed, and the problem is their utility compared to other classes. Engineers downed state is competing with mesmers and thieves downed state for the best downed state of the game, the 3 should be toned down Imho.

Also if you start a post by “Stopped reading here” I won’t have much respect for you opinion either, might skip a few words and paragraphs, just because you said something I disagree with.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: metaphorm.6904

metaphorm.6904

Stopped reading here honestly.

when you include this sentence in one of your posts this is what you are really telling other people:

“i’m close minded and ignore people who have opinions different then my own. i am an irrational personal who is not worth talking to.”

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

- Elementalists downed state;(Needs tone up imho)

Something like transfering Elemental 3 downstate button (mist form) > at 2 ?

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: konvay.2157

konvay.2157

Stopped reading here honestly.

when you include this sentence in one of your posts this is what you are really telling other people:

“i’m close minded and ignore people who have opinions different then my own. i am an irrational personal who is not worth talking to.”

I completely disagree, I’m sure many people have stopped at the same point but didn’t say it. Instead of being closed minded, he’s being completely open spoken that there isn’t a problem here except on your end. Ranger utilities sound the most broken when they are paired with a trait (I’m mostly referring to spirits and signets). I think the OP should go into more detail on these to provide reasoning that we can compare and determine if they are in fact problems or not.

I have no problems with thief, mesmer, and engineer downed skills. That being said, I also have no problem with elementalist downed skills, and I play one.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Fenix.4795

Fenix.4795

They need to fix Khylo, the whole map is revolved around the treb and mesmers have a disgusting advantage due to their portal skill, making it nearly impossible to beat unless you have a mesmer yourself or commit 2 people to the treb every time he repairs it which ultimately loses you the game.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfe.3097

Wolfe.3097

its proof, every single spec of thief is being whined about

any thief that uses stealth=whine

any thief that uses dodge=whine

any thief that uses dagger mainhand or sword/Pistol=whine

ive even seen whine about shortbow DAMAGE not its mobility

yup, thieves must be broken in every freaking aspect of this game /sigh

i agree with you guys, delete the class, nobodies gonna be happy until its gone

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Elloni.2473

Elloni.2473

Add also:

1)all mesmer illusions are able to teleport near target regardless of the starting position of the mesmer himself, in the Forest map if attacking from the top of the platform, the mesmer illusions can teleport next to you and follow you around afterward

Based on how stupid the Mesmer class is I’d be surprised if they aren’t working on a way to have clones appear in the real world and kick you in the nuts.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Ecliptica.7509

Ecliptica.7509

I play a Ranger trap build because is the only build that haves utility thats are not a completely $%##

Lets see:
Guard: Your pet will aggressively protect the target area. WTF?? why should i need that? i mean… if that were in the control pet thing i might use it? but in a utility?
Protect Me: Instead of attacking, your pet will protect you by absorbing all damage you would take. Sounds good, does it? well not… your pet must be a bear to take the dmg, other way your pet will instatly die.
Search and Rescue: Your pet will seek out and revive a downed ally nearby. ……..
Sick ‘Em: Your pet runs faster and does more damage. Translate “More Damage” means hit for a couple more. very usefull -.-
Signets.. the passives are ok but when you active them… they do %#$$, i mean "Active: Your pet’s next attack deals more damage." come on…
Spirits: they are broken, to much buffs… they are OP. Seriously, WTF with these? they do something?

If you play a ranger y MUST play a trap build, otherwise you dont do anything.

A small note for Anet

in PvP

Posted by: Ashenz.6934

Ashenz.6934

150% damage on your pet next attack -thats one of ranger’s signets.
And you forgot to add traits like giving 1% vulnerability on opening strike or amazing 30 pointers like ‘moments of clarity.’

But you’re right. Talent like ‘Guard’ should have been simply removed, its current state says a lot about atitude of developers.

The most sad part about the ranger however is the pet – traited with speed it is barely able to catch and hit moving golem, not to mention players.

Balance. Really, balance is pretty good.
-Jonathan Sharp, game designer