Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

[Merged]Stun warrior meta

in Warrior

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

You’ll be able to hold nodes with invulnerability after the Oct. 15 patch.

in Warrior

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

Your post oozes of ignorance. Spamming stuns on CD is a great way to miss them.

You sure?
Because as far as I know, the stun cooldowns are so low that you can afford to spam them mindlessly. I even use Earthshaker on enemy I’m sure they have stability on, because I just don’t care. 8s later I’ll have ES back on.

AND it will remove 3 condis

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

I can’t win against the QQ, please move to proper forum/merge with other QQ threads.

in Warrior

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

AND I can even restore 50% endurance if I have 15 TP in Strength.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

AND I can even restore 50% endurance if I have 15 TP in Strength.

Yeah! Level 95 Warrior here!

15/10/30/0/30 For the win!

I can’t wait till they make shouts heal, then I can level to 125!

15/10/30/30/30! Pwn some newbs!

in Warrior

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

People are talking about three or four different builds of warriors in here.

The warriors that beat mesmers are bleeds/burning. This is an okay 1v1 build against most things too, but anything that can remove more than one condition at a time is going to cause you problems because chances are they’re going to remove your bleed stack.

The warriors that beat necros are heavy CC/anti-condition with big investment into defense points for stuff like cleansing ire and hammer trait to keep up on damage. Mesmers shouldn’t really have many problems either beating or escaping from these guys. If they switch to longbow, dodge. If you did not dodge an arrow with white circle effects around it, count to 3 and dodge again, they’ll likely fire it once weapon switch cooldown is up and they can combo it into earthshaker.

The warriors that people are raging about on forums are Unsuspecting Foe/Burst Mastery mace/greatsword warriors. Those guys should get eaten alive by mesmers and don’t really have anything more than eight seconds of survivability against condition builds. Same thing as back when frenzy/100b was the big thing. DON’T STAND IN 100B.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

(edited by Corian.4068)

in Warrior

Derps.7421

Yah this looks really balanced….

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

What about 20/0/20/0/30?
Or 20/10/20/0/20 if you can survive with half a second more recharge on your burst skills.

in Warrior

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

Warriors are okay because the collective complaints, as I just posted in another thread, are actually about a number of different warrior builds. Yeah, Unsuspecting Foe needs to be trimmed down to like 10-20% crit. We all know.

Other than that, the builds each have their weaknesses that can be exploited.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in Warrior

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

What about 20/0/20/0/30?
Or 20/10/20/0/20 if you can survive with half a second more recharge on your burst skills.

20/0/20/0/30

This would mean no Unsuspecting Foe or Forceful GS.

20/10/20/0/20

Not only means a longer CD on burst but also slower to gain AND less damage.

Your post shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how Warrior works. Missing 1 stun means 8 seconds of dealing very little DPS not to mention greatly reducing the efficiency of your Healing Signet. The stuns/lock downs are a big part of what makes the heal worthwhile because while you aren’t hitting we’re healing.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in Warrior

Derps.7421

The bs op build that beats everyone is 0/10/30/0/30 Hammer Longbow

in Warrior

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I don’t know whats so great in hammer+lb.. Im eating them alive with hammer+mace/shield..

in Warrior

Derps.7421

I don’t know whats so great in hammer+lb.. Im eating them alive with hammer+mace/shield..

More aoe better condi cleanse better damage due to might stacks has a ranged option its more tpvp orientated.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

More aoe better condi cleanse better damage due to might stacks has a ranged option its more tpvp orientated.

At the cost of mobility and the ability to quickly disengage in team fights.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

OP necro…. took community awhile to realize warrior counter them

OP warrior…. rising number of mesmer coming out to counter them

The circle of life as once taught by Lion King movie =]

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

OP necro…. took community awhile to realize warrior counter them

OP warrior…. rising number of mesmer coming out to counter them

The circle of life as once taught by Lion King movie =]

So now Warrior is countered by mesmer? I don’t think so:

The funny thing is that Warrior is countered by Warrior itself, there is no circle of life, it is a vicious circle of Warrior rising in popularity day after day.

20/0/20/0/30

This would mean no Unsuspecting Foe or Forceful GS.

20/10/20/0/20

Not only means a longer CD on burst but also slower to gain AND less damage.

Your post shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how Warrior works. Missing 1 stun means 8 seconds of dealing very little DPS not to mention greatly reducing the efficiency of your Healing Signet. The stuns/lock downs are a big part of what makes the heal worthwhile because while you aren’t hitting we’re healing.

20/0/20/0/30 means only no Unsuspecting Foe. Warriors don’t run GS anyway and yes, you’re right, it is not a good choice.

20/10/20/0/20 means only less than 1s more cooldown on burst skill but no less damage. The damage loss of less point into discipline is gained by +200 power, which is actually more damage compared to 10% more critical strike damage.

Missing one stun does not mean 8s of very little DPS, missing one stun means that the only thing you have to do is to use the other kittenloads of stuns you have instead of the one you’ve missed.

You missed ES? What’s the problem? Use Backbreaker. You missed Backbreaker too? Switch to Mace/Shield and use Skull Crack. You missed Skull Crack too? Use Pommel Bash. Missed Pommel Bash too? Use Shield Bash. Missed Shield Bash too? No problem, ES is now available, just switch to hammer and repeat.
There is no 8s of reduced dps in an average situation.

That’s not my post that shows lack of understanding, it’s your post that shows lacks of practical experience.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

You missed ES? What’s the problem? Use Backbreaker. You missed Backbreaker too? Switch to Mace/Shield and use Skull Crack. You missed Skull Crack too? Use Pommel Bash. Missed Pommel Bash too? Use Shield Bash. Missed Shield Bash too? No problem, ES is now available, just switch to hammer and repeat.
There is no 8s of reduced dps in an average situation.

That’s not my post that shows lack of understanding, it’s your post that shows lacks of practical experience.

I don’t know about u, but from my experience if i want to reach maximum dps using hammer and take advantage of unsus foe+merciless hammer i need to use a specific rotation

Pommel>Skullcrack to make sure its will crit>switch to hammer:

Fierce blow>Staggering blow >Eartshaker>Backbreaker
^stun from skullcrack should still be on right after staggering

Switch back to mace/shield> shield bash>2x reg>skullcrack>hammer repeat.

Many wars i see trying to faceroll keyboard pushing any key off cd they has, so i don’t think they are a issue.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

I don’t know about u, but from my experience if i want to reach maximum dps using hammer and take advantage of unsus foe+merciless hammer i need to use a specific rotation

Pommel>Skullcrack to make sure its will crit>switch to hammer:

Fierce blow>Staggering blow >Eartshaker>Backbreaker
^stun from skullcrack should still be on right after staggering

Switch back to mace/shield> shield bash>2x reg>skullcrack>hammer repeat.

Many wars i see trying to faceroll keyboard pushing any key off cd they has, so i don’t think they are a issue.

You don’t need a rotation. You can just stun your enemy when you can and autoattack while he’s stunned.

It is effective, deals a lot of damage and works.
Anything else is just a pretense to make the Warrior looks hard to play.

in Warrior

Posted by: wildfang.9670

wildfang.9670

hammer mace + shield wow that’s a lot of crowd control goodthing theirs stablility or well staying out of range of the attacks. or blinds

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

So you should balance the game so hard to play classes are stronger then simple to play ones, so the top players can play an Alpha Class?.

Dude the risk vs reward ratio is totally skewed for example a warrior with regen can pretty much not risk much while one shoting someone and there is little counter to regen since when poison is applied they will pop burst skills over and over and keep doing so to get rid of condis.. But, yea easy to play builds that are effective need to be toned down because well the goal is to be a better player so yea I think they should incentivise people to actually rely on skilled play rather than ai clutter, regen, or massive condi pressure with little counter play since there skills have no travel time and utilities are unblockable and insta casts. If you or you’re team are more skilled than the others you should have the advantage regardless what spec you’re running (I mean that in sensible terms not like if you are running 5 thieves or something).

Poison IS the counter to regen.

Did you not read what I said burst skills can pretty much keep removing poison again and again cleansing ire plus everything else that was added to warrior should be reverted except zerk stance (so that zerk warriors can exist since its only type of warrior that takes skill).

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Nerf signet, 3 sec stun on mace should be toned down to 2.5 secs, change the brawn to give a different bonus or nerf cleansing ire. If all that is done warrior will be balanced class.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Taking away our only good cleanse not on a stupidly long CD will not fix our class. Ugh, every game I play, people always whine about Warriors. First it was WoW, then it was RIFT, TERA… I don’t understand people. I honestly don’t see anything wrong with our class save the bugged Para sigil that rounds to the nearest second. The old Discipline Bonus sucked, seriously 3% more burst damage…?

Skullcrack + 100swag has been alive for quite along time, but it took a bugged sigil to make it viable? Really, I call BS. Mace + Shield/ Hammer has also been around along with unsuspecting foe. Healing siggy is fine the way it is. The problem is that when people fight a Warrior they would rather sit and play defensively rather than taking the initiative and putting immediate pressure on him/her. If you play in a way that’s not aggressive you won’t beat a warrior. I have fought many opponents, who know what the meaning of pressure is, and healing sig and my hammer stuns aren’t gonna make up for it. Necromancers, Mesmers, Thieves, hell even rangers, Guardians can even cut through my hp like butter with the right combination of moves.

Let me say it again: PRESSURE. The Warrior will do everything he can to pressure you, if you don’t counter pressure and make him pop his defensives he will eat you alive every single time.

Sigil of Para needs to be fixed firstly. After that I hope the devs can think of something that will silence the cries for nerfs without being over-the-top. That’s all I wanted to say.

Gates of Madness

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

Horrible players are horrible.

They looked like new players who just started the game, they weren’t even using any sort of spec and the clones just stood there auto-attacking instead of using them to shatter or anything.

In fact.. they were just standing AROUND while you snuck up on them, it looks like they were partly afk before the match even started.

They both failed as mesmers.

My necromancer could destroy 4-5 of these guys probably.

These mesmers are HORRIBLE!
1 They move around and run away so you know exactly which ones are which.
2 They are both using old builds, not running shatter.
3 They are not using staff to disengage.
4 They are not abusing stealth to confuse their opponent.
5 They are just bad players.
6 Your playing SoloQ in a match that is more then 5v5 fighting against randomly ranked players.

If you play your class safe and refuse to pressure the Warrior, then your NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER going to ever beat him.

(edited by Daecollo.9578)

in Warrior

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I usually have no problem with warriors being strong but the ability to just spam cc is too much. They can just spam it all the time and there is nothing i can do its so op. I play spirit ranger so I have no stun breaks so its ridiculous they can just spam it. When playing against normal people with only so many stun breaks i can very easily predict them and just evade them but the warriors can just spam so much it makes no sense.

Also, thieves are ridiculously overpowered they can just evade everything its stupid they just spam evade. Really a rookie class, just spam evade and win. I think some ranger pet attacks should go through evade to make a counter against evade spam.
Another good change would be to make nature spirit to predicially cause stability to prevent the stun spam.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Warrior

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Hint: warriors are very bad with condition removal. Use that to your advantage.

in Warrior

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

a spirit ranger complaining about a stun warrior lol. ive seen it all and whos fault is it that you play a build with no stun breakers. lmao.. you already know that 90% of all warriors are kitten near running perma stun builds why not switch your build and actually grab stun breakers ? Your only hurting urself there. Hell if i see more than 1 warrior on the opposing team ima put on some stun breakers for sure.

in Warrior

Daecollo.9578

in Warrior

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Hint: warriors are very bad with condition removal. Use that to your advantage.

Hint: warrior are very good with condition removal and stuns all in the same build…

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Warrior

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

This forum is very entertaining. I think that portal bomb is next sPvP meta or maybe turtle.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

I play spirit ranger so I have no stun breaks so its ridiculous they can just spam it.

Time to stop spamming 1 , get some stunbreakers and..change build completely? The last spec that should complains about this build is spirit ranger – 100% passive build, 0 skill to play.

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

Stunbreakers do nothing against any braindead stunwarrior. Don’t give suggestion you clearly know that won’t work.

in Warrior

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

This tread will soon be merged into the warrior forums tread thats like 7345984 pages now.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in Warrior

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I particularly enjoy when a warrior has berserker stance, runes of lyssa boons and endure pain up at the same time.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Warrior

Scoobaniec.9561

Stunbreakers do nothing against any braindead stunwarrior. Don’t give suggestion you clearly know that won’t work.

Explain me how i killing these stun braindead warriors.. Idk about lb+hammer, but hammer+mace/shield can be killed easily when someone kiting it.

in Warrior

Derps.7421

Horrible players are horrible.

They looked like new players who just started the game, they weren’t even using any sort of spec and the clones just stood there auto-attacking instead of using them to shatter or anything.

In fact.. they were just standing AROUND while you snuck up on them, it looks like they were partly afk before the match even started.

They both failed as mesmers.

My necromancer could destroy 4-5 of these guys probably.

These mesmers are HORRIBLE!
1 They move around and run away so you know exactly which ones are which.
2 They are both using old builds, not running shatter.
3 They are not using staff to disengage.
4 They are not abusing stealth to confuse their opponent.
5 They are just bad players.
6 Your playing SoloQ in a match that is more then 5v5 fighting against randomly ranked players.

If you play your class safe and refuse to pressure the Warrior, then your NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER going to ever beat him.

Yes lets pressure the wqrrqir because as soon as go to attack them we are going to get stunned and crted for 3-4k. Seriously wqrrqirs complains about thieves damage. Hammer hits stunned targets for ridiculous damage.

in Warrior

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Ah, one thing:

to all the thieves around here…

You keep getting steamrolled? Play a warrior! Then you’ll understand how they move and you’ll avoid their mace. :P

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Warrior

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Ah, one thing:

to all the thieves around here…

You keep getting steamrolled? Play a warrior! Then you’ll understand how they move and you’ll avoid their mace. :P

Or just use a 0s cd movement skill to escape the combo following the stun anyway…

in Warrior

Posted by: Mepheles.2087

Mepheles.2087

Earthshaker is heavily telegraphed. If you can’t dodge, blame you’re subpar reaction time. As for skullcrack, you can always tell it’s coming when the warrior switches to the mace shield. pommel bash, into shield stun into skullcracker. if you’re not a dummy you’ll break it right after skull crack so that he will have wasted most of the stuns in the rotation. Or grab some defensive food, try melandru runes in a second set. I admit the current stun in 100b is cheesy, but there are more people here crying about it, rather than going out and practicing like alot of other people are and improving.

I guarantee that the meta will still be alive and kicking after sigil of para nerf and the skullcrack nerf, and people will continue to whine, and whine, and whine because they never tried to practice.

Gates of Madness

in Warrior

Posted by: JKwervo.7852

JKwervo.7852

Earthshaker is heavily telegraphed. If you can’t dodge, blame you’re subpar reaction time. As for skullcrack, you can always tell it’s coming when the warrior switches to the mace shield. pommel bash, into shield stun into skullcracker. if you’re not a dummy you’ll break it right after skull crack so that he will have wasted most of the stuns in the rotation. Or grab some defensive food, try melandru runes in a second set. I admit the current stun in 100b is cheesy, but there are more people here crying about it, rather than going out and practicing like alot of other people are and improving.

I guarantee that the meta will still be alive and kicking after sigil of para nerf and the skullcrack nerf, and people will continue to whine, and whine, and whine because they never tried to practice.

Pretty much this.

in Warrior

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Imo I’m really good pvp player I have decent rank (30+) playing almost every day since headstart with my beloved engi and 1v1 I havent much problem to beat anything. Dont get me wrong those arent some easy fights I always must do my best. But those stunlock Warriors? I was yesterday easily beated by some War rank 5 what was noob on first look he even turn on arrows! Right now here isnt any counter to that only think what you can is manage some bunker build, survive his stun 100b and flee.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Warrior

sorrow.2364

NO.
The whine will keep going on until they rightously nerf the cooldown on burst skills or look into Unsuspecting Foe.

True that ES is heavily telegraphed BUT it isn’t only ES the problem. The problem is that you can spam an hell lot of stuns without worrying about cooldowns.

If you manage to dodge ES, then the Warrior will try to hit you with Backbreaker. If he fails, he’ll try with Shield Bash. Then Pommel Bast, then Skull Crack and then he will try ES again since 8s has passed and repeat the chain. Even if you manage to avoid all of the stuns, the warrior will keep spamming them until you are out of endurance and stunbreakers.

Then, if he manage to hit you, he will deal an hell lot of damage while being incredibly tanky.

People don’t need to practice: that has been the battle cry from every OP build this game has seen. It is the warrior that seriously needs to be looked at.
Every people that reroll Warrior “to see how to counter it” don’t reroll back to their profession because Warrior is incredibly easy win. Face with that.

in Warrior

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

I wonder if anything will ever be learnt from past mistakes.. cause it’s kinda becoming a habit

First Necros
Then Spirt Rangers
Now stun lock warriors

Which will be the the next class to be dumbed down and overbuffed for the casuals, my bets are on staff Ele!!!

in Warrior

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

People asked for new builds. they begged for them. Then they emerged in necro, warrior professions are now everyone wants it reverted back.

I seem to be the only one of few that don’t seem to have issue with stunning warriors. When the flavour of the month appeared I went and got my free superior runes of melandru. I switched from power to condition and bought a long a block. After that the cheese was easily. They have to be close to stun, I keep ground targeting on auto, so if I don’t want it to cast at my feet I have to have my mouse position away from me..slowly and surely they walked into every ranger trap, every thief black power, every engi elite turrets and just about all necro marks and wells. There stuns don’t last long enough for them to chain without me getting an evade out.

The issue is too many people have their 2-3 Go To builds that they are comfortable with and know what counters work in bad situations and something relatively new has emerged and they keep doing what they’ve always done and keep getting the same result.

I mean no offense, but maybe time to change your builds, rather than seek to have others change their’s.

in Warrior

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

People asked for new builds. they begged for them. Then they emerged in necro, warrior professions are now everyone wants it reverted back.

I seem to be the only one of few that don’t seem to have issue with stunning warriors. When the flavour of the month appeared I went and got my free superior runes of melandru. I switched from power to condition and bought a long a block. After that the cheese was easily. They have to be close to stun, I keep ground targeting on auto, so if I don’t want it to cast at my feet I have to have my mouse position away from me..slowly and surely they walked into every ranger trap, every thief black power, every engi elite turrets and just about all necro marks and wells. There stuns don’t last long enough for them to chain without me getting an evade out.

The issue is too many people have their 2-3 Go To builds that they are comfortable with and know what counters work in bad situations and something relatively new has emerged and they keep doing what they’ve always done and keep getting the same result.

I mean no offense, but maybe time to change your builds, rather than seek to have others change their’s.

Good for you
But: Where is the compromise in the warrior-builds? You know … the ones other classes have to make. Warriors cleanses are among the best now with cleansing ire and beserker-stance (and lyssa runes and signet, if you really feel for it). They can burst due to UF even with soldier/berserker amu/jewel. Their CC is a massive support for even only a slightly coordinated group. Should you opt for skullcrack it is not even hardly visible on an asura. So yeah … I am just puzzled where the compromise is, since it doesn’t really feel like there is one.

in Warrior

BurrTheKing.8571

Pretty much agree, this is a totally different situation than Necromancers and Spirit Rangers. Those builds had very few counters, but rather than nerfing them to the point of being worthless they buffed Warriors and made then a Condition Crusher. Obviously I can’t list exact builds for every class but I do know that every class has plenty of Control skills. The current Warrior builds were designed to counter the current meta and are now becoming the meta. The initial surge though will probably even out. People who get beat by one of these builds make a Warrior and try them out, and many will probably decide to go back to their original class.

Time to stop relaying on your old builds, the meta has shifted without any major nerfs, which is actually pretty impressive. Now it’s time to go here and start coming up with builds that are highly resistant to CC. You may not even have to make a totally new build, adding a utility with a stun breaker and Stability and throwing on Runes of Melandru will already make you much harder to take down.

Try to actually beat it instead of using the same build you have for once. Also, stop thinking of things in terms of 1v1, the game isn’t balanced in that way. Still finding it very amusing that now that the condition meta is drying up these forums instantly try to get the thing replacing it nerfed. Guess what, if stun Warriors go, there’s a good chance we will end up back in a condition meta.

These builds do have tradeoffs and weaknesses, but I have only seen a few clever people actually bothering to exploit them.

Just an angry old man…

in Warrior

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Fixing the stun-duration runes is a great start. Buffing hammer 5 is not, however. Most of all, unsuspecting foe (+50% crit chance vs. stunned foe) lets them get tons of dps while building great defense/sustain. The signet also allows them to just ignore what you do and focus on stunning you at the right time.

If they fix the sigil, and maybe move or decrease unsuspecting foe the problem would go away.

in Warrior

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah, this chain-CC spam, especially with much of it being AoE, is god kitten atrocious.

Nobody likes being chain-CC’d and to be fair GW2 managed to avoid it on most classes, Warriors being the exception.

I mean 7 second stun-chains would be a hard sell in WoW, but at least there every class could tank another for 10 seconds. In GW2 your time to live is far shorter and a single stun can often be the end of you.

In that kind of environment such CC-chains as featured by the Hammer are impossible to justify.

Maybe make Hammers about more than simply AoE stunning your opponents until they rage quit.