At this rate Anet might delete PvP......

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I know they won’t but they almost might as well, so let’s take a look at the history of PvP for a little bit….

A year ago:
- Winning Gems from Tournaments were from deleted
- Paid tournaments were deleted
- QP’s were basically deleted(non obtainable anymore)
- 3 round Tournies were deleted

Also………
-Ranks were ALMOST deleted
-Hot joins were in contemplation about being deleted

Coming up:
- Glory is being deleted….
- PvP specific materials are being deleted….
- Match win chests are being deleted…
- PvP only gear is no more….

Those who invested a large amount of time into PvP are losing out in so many ways and getting no compensation back for it besides those who had QP’s.

With this upcoming patch and the deletion of so many things, those who are being rewarded the most are those who didn’t even pvp seriously. How? Lets take a look;

• Hotjoin heros, gained as much rank or more and glory for farming hotjoins instead of those who tpvp’d for the LONGEST time. Anet mentioned those with high rank will be rewarded, meaning mostly hotjoin heros…….
  • PvE players, they will now be able to look better then those veteran PvP players who’ve invested countless hours in PvP without even PvPing, due to PvE and PvP gear crossing. Especially considering rank will not mean anything. At the moment, we STILL do not have any PvP specific gear so we are at a loss. And lets not even talk about gold…

At this rate, this game has been all about PvE considering everything worth playing after this patch, could’ve been obtained if you just PvE’d. And what do PvPr’s get as compensation? Not a kitten thing…..

Anet might as well have deleted pvp.

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

in PvP

Posted by: kenny.3627

kenny.3627

they don’t care

Lvl I-R80
eSports-2015
Main-Bunker Guard

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

I know but they need to relook at how no PvP’r is getting compensation for anything. Anything we’ve spent time in doing or that was worthwhile/worth saving in PvP is just deleted. That is so fustrating. Glory, ranks, Qp’s, Match win chests, PvP mats…..All become utterly useless.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

I agree with you on rank and glory the incentives were messed up before when mindless zerging in hotjoin would give 200+ points per round and skyhammer farmers made 300 rank and glory in 5 min. or less. They tried to fix it by making the winning team get more at the end of the match and by buffing soloq and teamq to be the best ways to earn rank and people who had thousands of rounds won in the past don’t get anything. Good intentions bad execution.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

Yeah I am just asking Anet indirectly to reconsider how they plan on compensating us for PvPing without completely giving us the boot. At this rate it seems so because we have nothing.

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Uh, well. I think you have an interesting perspective. It’s amusing to think of all the changes to PvP since launch as ‘deletions’, but I think you’re pretty misleading in a lot of your points.

It was obvious that the paid (tickets purchased), 3 round tournaments were not what the playerbase wanted. It’s more accurate to say they changed the 3 rounders into a 1 round match, and removed the buy-in as well as the gem reward.

As for what’s happening in 2014, it’s pretty clear to see that the ill-thought out PvP progression system that also is apparently not working, is being replaced with something different, which I will pass judgement on when the time comes.

It does suck that there will be an undetermined period in where Glory won’t be attainable, and we won’t be progressing in the NEW PvP system. This is obviously what’s been the cause of “straw that broke the camel’s back” threads like these from the PvP community. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth too, because I don’t know if my character progression is stopped for a week, or 6 months? Nobody knows the feature patch date.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

Posted by: DoYourBestBear.6810

DoYourBestBear.6810

You will be able to progress in PvP soon

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

Yeah true Chaith, but what I am also trying to say is…..Yes they deleted things to make things better, but that has me wondering. Do I have faith in anything Anet will implement now or in the future? They didn’t get it right from the first time, and continue to struggle to do so and just keep getting rid of things. So its a question as to whether or not we should even invest time in their PvP system because there might be a possibility it will just get removed later because they didn’t get it right.

And we don’t know if this new system will work, because they never tell us anything. So when it is implemented, it could end up being bad again in the long run and its deja vu all over again.

“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

in PvP

Posted by: stobes.9254

stobes.9254

Unfortunately, Skyhammer is one of the few things that has yet to be deleted.

Pandaz

in PvP

Posted by: Steve Whitley.8359

Steve Whitley.8359

they want you to be able to spend real money on pvp, which you cant do now, so how else to do that but remove everything that made pvp unique and enjoyable, and join pvp into the stinkhole pve environment that the rest of us avoid, hand back junk that nobody wants or needs (believe me we’re going to get a majority of t7 mats that most of us wont use, cant salvage, or sell & end up destroying doing absolutely no good to anybody, which they’ll call “great rewards”).

in the end, OP’s suggestion is worthy. time to move on i think. qq on the dragon rank & system at large.

Old Janx // [THG] Jade Quarry / Seafarer’s Rest
secessit viri bellatores

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

I can’t wait to delete the old PvP servers!

Chaith.8256 is right though, a lot of those changes were in response to what the playerbase wanted at the time.

lilz shorty.1879, I respect your critical approach to the subject, but I have to disagree. As a counter-argument, consider the reverse. Would you prefer we remain more (or completely) static and not respond to changes and player feedback? Yes, being agile can have its downsides, I believe (and hope you will soon™ agree) the benefits greatly outweigh the costs.

Really DoYourBestBear.6810, really? It’s not funny when you do it. :P

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Chaith.8256

And we don’t know if this new system will work, because they never tell us anything. So when it is implemented, it could end up being bad again in the long run and its deja vu all over again.

I see that as being a big problem, too.

It’s an undeniable fact that overwhelmingly one sided feedback from players DOES hold sway on the iteration process of features. There are tons of unexpected reactions, on tons of features that Anet has implemented.

3 Round paid tournaments as an intended design has proven to be not what works with the game/playerbase. This was changed!

No map-rotation, as an intended design. IE: playing the same map for a week at a time has proven to not be what works with the game/playerbase. Thank god this was changed!

The intention of removing Ranks in the new PvP progression system plan has proven to be not what works with the playerbase. Thank god this was changed too!

Typically, there is a somewhat useful Blog Post before a huge change is rolled out, and the playerbase is free to discuss how that will affect the game for them! An example is the mention that ranks are intended to be removed when the new PvP progression system rolls out. This was super useful to mention – and the feedback given made this decision pull a complete 180’.

Currently, with this (hopefully) imminent PvP progression overhaul, things are locked up SO tight behind closed doors. I can only imagine one outcome, really.

• A lot of overall positive changes are made, PvP progression is much improved, BUT many toes are clearly stepped on due to lack of previous player feedback on a clearly controversial change.
Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

ITS GOING DOWN, IM YELLING TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Davinci for war chieftan

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Typically, there is a somewhat useful Blog Post before a huge change is rolled out, and the playerbase is free to discuss how that will affect the game for them! An example is the mention that ranks are intended to be removed when the new PvP progression system rolls out. This was super useful to mention – and the feedback given made this decision pull a complete 180’.

Currently, with this (hopefully) imminent PvP progression overhaul, things are locked up SO tight behind closed doors. I can only imagine one outcome, really.

We’ll have a lot to talk about, so be sure to catch the Ready Up this Friday.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

-_-

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

in PvP

Chaith.8256

Ah. #ReadyUpHype. So you guys will finally dish on some of the PvP Progression overhaul. I’m still sceptical of what developers are allowed to discuss, but I will tune in for sure. Thank you.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

DoYourBestBear.6810

Justin, you might be happy to know I’m reinstalling GW2 against my better judgement.

More or less, it’s difficult watching a game I loved die a slow and painful death.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I can’t wait to delete the old PvP servers!

Chaith.8256 is right though, a lot of those changes were in response to what the playerbase wanted at the time.

lilz shorty.1879, I respect your critical approach to the subject, but I have to disagree. As a counter-argument, consider the reverse. Would you prefer we remain more (or completely) static and not respond to changes and player feedback? Yes, being agile can have its downsides, I believe (and hope you will soon™ agree) the benefits greatly outweigh the costs.

Really DoYourBestBear.6810, really? It’s not funny when you do it. :P

Stop acting like you people do stuff based on player feedback,its BULL.If it is so,we would have proper game modes for pvp by now,balanced pvp and more maps instead of stuff being stripped from pvp.

By all means,dont respond,do as you normally do,ignore this kitten and go on with your day.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Justin, you might be happy to know I’m reinstalling GW2 against my better judgement.

More or less, it’s difficult watching a game I loved die a slow and painful death.

I hope you hear you shout-casting soon then. ^____________________^

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

-_-

Less talk, more action, Flytrap?

I am excited for the changes, but the villagers are getting all pitchfork-y.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Iason Evan.3806)

in PvP

DoYourBestBear.6810

#LeshFanClub

#BullkittenMountainIncoming

#Ican’tshoutcastbecausealliedeniedmefromshoutcastinguntilafterihostthemaytournamentwithmyownmoney

in PvP

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I want to write a comment but I am speechless….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Stop acting like you people do stuff based on player feedback,its BULL.If it is so,we would have proper game modes for pvp by now,balanced pvp and more maps instead of stuff being stripped from pvp.

Yes! Genie, make it so!

In all seriousness… We DO listen to you guys. We can’t snap our fingers and have it all done. That’s just not how game development works, unfortunately.

These things take time. We need to flesh out ideas, brainstorm, iterate, code, script, document, etc. Not all in the order, but you get the idea. There is a process. One that takes time.

We’re not like the sims, where you can just fast forward to the results. We have put a lot of features in this game as a direct result from player feedback.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

soon™

So ArenaNet employees are required to use the trademark. What about When It’s Ready™?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

official anet public hotjoin servers will not be removed because most sPvP players play in the official anet public hotjoin servers.

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

Yes! Genie, make it so!

In all seriousness… We DO listen to you guys. We can’t snap our fingers and have it all done. That’s just not how game development works, unfortunately.

These things take time. We need to flesh out ideas, brainstorm, iterate, code, script, document, etc. Not all in the order, but you get the idea. There is a process. One that takes time.

We’re not like the sims, where you can just fast forward to the results. We have put a lot of features in this game as a direct result from player feedback.

The pvp base is waiting for almost 2 years for these things to happen Allie,while you guys have been working kitten the PVE side of this game,there hasn’t been anything remotely interesting happening to the pvp side.While there have been so many great suggestions being made by the community on this forum on how to improve pvp,thus my reaction on how i couldn’t quite understand that the devs do things based on player feed back since those suggestions have been around for months now and i haven’t seen them ingame.

Trust me..i love this game,still do,but pvp needs a HUGE overhaul,it needs to be rechecked balanced wise ( counts for All classes ) and is in desperate need of new gamemodes and new maps to keep your current players and to make sure they want to return for more and to eventually attract even more players to your game.Current pvp mode is lacking in numerous ways.Amulets need to be removed and replaced by proper rings and necklaces to add more variety in build setups,new game modes and a way to remove the zerging aspect that is going on in pvp.You have loads of balancing issues going on aswell that seem to go completely unnoticed.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Less talk, more action. Justin, when the patch rolls out, you get on your Mesmer and I will get on my lolwarrior and meet me on a 1v1 server. Then we will see how well this game was balanced over the past 5 months.

#gauntletThrown
#dropsTheMic

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Yes! Genie, make it so!

You may listen but its pretty obvious its low priority…every single important thing has taken way too long to happen… why is there soo much more focus on living story ? I just don’t get it…..

1.5 years and we still have a very broken class (ranger)
1.5 years and there very few new skills/build diversity(10% nerf to crit damage is not going to make change my gear from zerk. Thats literally the only stat combo you need for PvE…no diversity…)
one entire new map for wvw (albeit it because of the outcry from community due to high queue times
Broken PvP system
Mindless champ train zerging ftw
Low pop servers barely hanging on to life
ONE update (fractured) to the what i consider endgame for PvE (high lvl fractals…)

Is this the trend that will be continuing for gw2?
more focus on LS + gemstore items, less on meaningful content?
I love the game, and I’m still gonna play (mainly thx to guildies.. but quite a few are going to be giving new MMOs a shot and If the guild im in dwindles down….i’ll have very little reason to keep playing)

(edited by SkiTz.4590)

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

Less talk, more action. Justin, when the patch rolls out, you get on your Mesmer and I will get on my lolwarrior and meet me on a 1v1 server. Then we will see how well this game was balanced over the past 5 months.

#gauntletThrown
#dropsTheMic

A good shatter mesmer should beat a good warrior in a 1v1 arena. :/

in PvP

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

Some of you guys haven’t matured fully if you can’t handle disappointment. Just uninstall the game and move on. Lol.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

You said this last ready up and instead we got some match up between some people who don’t even play the game anymore, some pointless questions to Allie (although Allie came across well so maybe it was a nice segment), and some other BS that nobody cares about. People just want information on when the patch is and what is in it. That is all we care about.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Yes! Genie, make it so!

You listen to the community? Is that why skyhammer is still in the rotation? Also I’ve read a previous post where you responded to a player who did a strawpoll about keeping or deleting skyhammer from the que, and you responded that the number of votes wasn’t sufficient. I guarantee if you made a thread or a strawpoll giving the community the option to get rid of skyhammer, then you would save yourself half of the Spvp threads that would have been littered with posts referring to how much they dislike skyhammer being in solo que.

Countless

in PvP

Posted by: Elegant Avenger.8042

Elegant Avenger.8042

Now I know game development takes a long time, but aren’t there changes that can be made in a better time frame? For instance, certain skills/ runes that are bugged or obviously over powered.

Why can’t we get hot fixes? I know all you’re going to say is “it isn’t as easy as just changing a couple of numbers.” But to me that is a lame excuse. Making skills work the way they were intended shouldn’t be a difficult process.

Additionally, it just seems to me like PvErs get constant updates with awesome rewards, but PvPrs rarely get feature updates with little to NO rewards. Why is this? I feel like PvP is WAY overdue for a good update with good content. I’m not just talking skill balance.

Why didn’t you guys copy Guild Wars 1’s guild system with an actual TEAM ladder (a ladder that shows your team’s name and not individuals to promote guild prestige)? Why didn’t you guys copy the monthly tournament design? Why did you have to implement a boring game mode when you had an e-sport quality game mode in GW1 GvG? I feel like Arenanet just tried to fix what wasn’t broken. Right now there is literally zero reason to continue playing PvP except for goofing around with friends.

Listen, I know it isn’t easy to develop things quickly, but can’t there be updates that come in a timely manner? We shouldn’t have to wait in a stale meta for 4 months just to get a few small skill tweaks.

Anyways, thats just my 2 cents. I’m not trying to rant or anything. I just think this game had so much potential for being competitive but it was blown by not having fundamentals in the game at launch. Now the community is all but dead.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Countless,

Yes, I did say that. I also said in that post that we are investigating ways that we can get proper metrics to reflect the majority of the playerbase. If you knew the amount of players that actually played PvP in our game, then you would understand why a strawpoll with 300 votes is not sufficient.

That’s not to say that we don’t talk about it internally. We talk about it quite a lot.

If the issue was as simple as me making a strawpoll, I’d do it; but it’s not. A very, very small percentage of our playerbase even visit these forums, let alone vote on a poll.

in PvP

Posted by: Gene Rojo.4207

Gene Rojo.4207

I love you Allie Murdock!

Thank you so much for the thought about “We talk about it quite a lot” Makes me feel that there’s something you guys are hiding from us then suddenly.. BOOOM! Everyone is back playing Guildwars2 again and everyone is talking about this new ideas, new release, the change to fractal, the change to Structured PvP, Elder Dragons rising up, Opening up new contents/maps/areas. OHHH I CAN’T WAIT FOR THATT!! *drools

My love for Guildwars2 shouts in this picture

Attachments:

in PvP

DoYourBestBear.6810

Oh man, I bought the CE’s as well, that Rytlock so gud.

Evan, can you sign my Rytlock?

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Allie, people suggest the same things since beta.
Most have quitted others joined in asking the same questions all over again.
While devs always say they look into it, nothing changed since headstart.
Conquest isn t just the tip of the iceberg it s all you had at the time and still is yet.
You never implemented such easy methods like reporting for afk or a resign function.
I understand people who get tired from excuses of a long development process,
but I consider 2 years for simple features enough otherwise I would buy the game in like 10 years. Tbh this is not only a spvp problem pve and wvw players suffer from the same problems or how can the partyleader still kick the whole instance?
Maybe focusing only on living world content which gets cycled every two weeks wasn t the right way to go otherwise this game wouldn t still be in beta state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

#gauntletThrown
#dropsTheMic

A good shatter mesmer should beat a good warrior in a 1v1 arena. :/

I’m not a good shatter mesmer!

Alas, the gauntlet has been thrown, honor demands I rise to the challenge.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

(edited by Justin ODell.9517)

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Countless,

Yes, I did say that. I also said in that post that we are investigating ways that we can get proper metrics to reflect the majority of the playerbase. If you knew the amount of players that actually played PvP in our game, then you would understand why a strawpoll with 300 votes is not sufficient.

That’s not to say that we don’t talk about it internally. We talk about it quite a lot.

If the issue was as simple as me making a strawpoll, I’d do it; but it’s not. A very, very small percentage of our playerbase even visit these forums, let alone vote on a poll.

You need to do in-game poll, there is very large amount of players whom refuse to read the forums at all and play PvP.

You guy’s need to check out what Dota 2 does, after I think it’s 3 games they have quick popup and ask you to rate, E.g. how was your team communication. This helps Dota 2 dev’s find where the problems are and work on ways to improve it.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I was gonna post a long-winded rant but … no.

I’m just gonna say this, if you want to keep what’s left of the dwindling veteran PvP playerbase there needs to be something good happening soon because over a year of inaction or perceived negative actions has really killed most player’s patience.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidian Lee.1462

Obsidian Lee.1462

srsly who cares? I waited more than 1 year for a good balance update….there was no! Last pvp-update was in decembre and you even cant call this a real update…..GW2 PvP is more dead than GW1 is more than 5 years after release!!!!!…….so just give up ur hope and stop playing it…..like nearlly all other “top” pvpplayer

Elementalist and Ranger

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Always the same. “Just you wait! Big announcements coming soon! This Friday!” And then disappointment.

More action, less PR hype is what we need.

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

Respond once,ignore the rest.Yeah i see how it goes,pretend play right.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Countless,

I know alot of people may not do this either…maybe give them some incentive but:

Use the beta feedback system to do the strawpolls. Have players who fill out the poll get a small in-game gift for filling out the survey/poll

Even something like: Should Skyhammer be in the Solo Arena rotation? Yes/No, and give them like….150 rank points for filling it out or something.

But agree with the above…use an in-game system, just try it, don’t think and think and think…just try it. You guys need to TRY more things, instead of brainstorm > trashcanning everything.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Countless,

Why can’t there a poll implemented in game than?

put up a poll whenever you enter heart of the mists and ask if the players want skyhammer

guarantee you it will be a minimum 75% that want that map removed.

in PvP

Posted by: gregor lightbringer.7143

gregor lightbringer.7143

As someone who played GW1 from day one, I remember all the balancing done in GvG. Sometimes it was meant to mix things up to change meta and other times it was because of gimmicky builds that unbalanced PvP. Now it SEEMS like balancing has been ignored and as much as I liked the idea of a different mechanic, I would now like to see the trinity come back so that GvG, or something similar, can come back to bring back what Guildwars was about in the beginning: Guilds fighting Guilds. Just add a healer class, nerf healing type skills on the other professions to balance, and it will be good to go. It will be a lot of work, but it will bring a lot of friends back if it works.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

I opened GW1 and instantly had 4 things appear in front of me that I wish we had:

Build Templates
GvG
Body Blocking
Skill Variety

:(

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: TainoFuerte.8136

TainoFuerte.8136

I can’t wait till PvP gets what it really needs and what the playerbase really wants; to have to grind skillpoints or gold or whatever to use new skills, runes or stat amulets.

That’ll really show how much they care and respect the PvP community.

in PvP

Posted by: stobes.9254

stobes.9254

Countless,

Wouldn’t it be an easy fix to just add in a Veto system like many other games have? Take Starcraft for an example. There are like 8-12 maps in the 1v1 pool, and they allow people to veto 3 maps. Let’s say there are 10 maps, and each person vetoes 3 different maps, that would leave 4 possible maps that those 2 players could get matched up on. I understand that a system like that is much easier when its just 2 players instead of 10, and 10 maps instead of 5, so here is what i propose:

Let each player veto ONE map from the pool. Since there are more players in a match than there are maps in the pool, it couldn’t be a perfect veto system, since theoretically, all maps could be vetoed for a single match, but if certain maps (like Skyhammer) have the most vetoes, then you could take it out of the selection for that specific match up. Even though i cant understand why anyone enjoys playing the map myself, we cant argue that there are at least a few players who are fine with it. With a system like this, even though it wont prevent people who hate Skyhammer from being forced to play it every once in awhile, it will at least reduce the chances by a lot. For the players who actually enjoy it, they can veto something else, and depending on the players they’re matched with they might even get to play it MORE. Please stop making the majority suffer because of a smaller portion of the community. If you’re still not sure that the people who hate Skyhammer greatly outnumber the people who like it, then a system like this would be a perfect way to research what maps people enjoy, and which maps we don’t, which could also benefit any future maps that you guys come up with.

Pandaz

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Countless,

You need to do in-game poll, there is very large amount of players whom refuse to read the forums at all and play PvP.

You guy’s need to check out what Dota 2 does, after I think it’s 3 games they have quick popup and ask you to rate, E.g. how was your team communication. This helps Dota 2 dev’s find where the problems are and work on ways to improve it.

This, or a simple veto system in game would be good.

Countless