Bank of the mists

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

first off, I personally cannot understand the need for some sort of restricted access at all. like it has been stated over and over: you can already go to the mists and get free bank+tp access by using the LA portal. you can also go to the borderlands, that’s also free, although sometimes there’s a queue, but then again, you can walk up to the nearest asura gate and go to any city you want – also free of charge.
so there are numerous ways to get to free and easy bank+tp access. putting a bank+tp station in HotM wouldn’t do any pve’er any additional favors. it would just give them one more way to access these features free of charge.

secondly: The same principle of getting free bank access goes for PvP’ers. just press “leave the mists” and kablam, you’re in the grove, doing grovey (yes, bad pun intended) stuff with your bank clerk. you don’t have to go to LA and suffer endless loading screens and bad city design (although it’s gotten waaaaay better since the destruction and reconstruction, kudos for that).

thirdly: i don’t understand the need for a bank in pvp at all. just buy some 18 slot bags for 2g or sth like that and you’re set for ages. unless of course you want to arrange a mosaic with all the “2 blues and a green” rewards you’re getting of pvp. it takes ages to complete a stack of level up tomes and skill rolls. the occasional exo being rewarded is actually not interesting, when you think of 20+4*18 inventory slots you can easily obtain by investing close to nothing and less.

summarizing: the bank in pvp land would be nothing more than convenience and a nice bonus for EVERY player who hangs out with us pvp guys. it’s not essential and therefore should be free of charge, ungated and acessible to everyone.
you could consider it a “thank you, pvp-players, for supporting us for so long, even though we tend to neglect you from time to time and haven’t gotten any new content and game modes out. also, we love you and we want to show you that we do in fact care!”-gift.

and, last but not least, i ask you to consider one thing: who in their right set of mind would use a bank that costs silver, tokens or anything, if you can get it for free around the corner?

he idea with the token works a bit differently u can only earn it through the last slot of a pvp reward track and u cant use it any other way than on the pvp locker
its automaticly activated once u get the last reward of the reward track
so everytime u complete a reward track you have access for another two weeks
that is REEEEAALLLLY easy for everyone who does just a bit pvp now and then
whilst not allowing pvers to get it for free so it wouldnt be the new central of the world

i dont really see a problem in a compeltely free access
but this reward track 2week access sounds okay to me

the itmes in the locker dont disapper once you loose access
theyre still there for you
you just need to unlock access…
probably a last reward of reward track adds +1week so if u have 5days left ull have 12days then..
or could buy next ti him a few of these access tokens for a bit of money if u are pveer and want to spent gold into a goldsink like 1gold a day

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: cheese.4739

cheese.4739

tanztante

first off, I personally cannot understand the need for some sort of restricted access at all. like it has been stated over and over: you can already go to the mists and get free bank+tp access by using the LA portal. you can also go to the borderlands, that’s also free, although sometimes there’s a queue, but then again, you can walk up to the nearest asura gate and go to any city you want - also free of charge.

tanztante: using the PvP window, it’s possible to enter the HotM from anywhere in the open world... and leave HotM to exactly where you started, be it the top of a jumping puzzle or next to a contested waypoint in Orr.
The Heart of the Mists is a pretty unique map in that you can stay in it while logged out (unlike WvW/instances/PvP maps) but it’s not considered part of the open world.

Yes, the WvW maps also allow you to return to your previous location, but as you say they can have queues and there’s no guarantee of access to what you want outside of your home borderlands (where crafting/banking/tradepost are aways available). EDIT: okay, trade post is always accessible, but that’s about it - and that’s most likely because players using the trade post are constantly sinking gold away.

If players go through the portal to get to LA, they lose the ability to return to their previous location, since their open-world location is then set to Lion’s Arch.

If we had free-for-all bank (and/or tradepost and/or mystic forge...) access in HotM, it would, as some have said, become a PvE hub for players with characters parked in good farming spots.

One way to stop this from happening is putting restrictions on access to any NPCs in HotM - a one-time fee or purchase; a rank requirement; a small transaction every time it was accessed; something linked to reward tracks giving regular access to PvP players.

Another way is to put a restriction on the ability to enter from anywhere and freely return to exactly the same spot - this is my favourite solution to the problem, and it could easily enough be implemented is by only allowing players to leave HotM through the Lion’s Arch portal (having removed the ’Leave the Mists’ button from the PvP window).
With this in place, the PvP hub couldn’t be used for ’perfect’ access to utilities - anyone who entered, in an attempt to do so, would only be able to exit to LA... where they could’ve just waypointed to get at the useful NPCs anyway.

(edited by cheese.4739)

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

hm..... i haven’t thought about it that way. so you basically say, it’s not that "we pvpers" don’t like having pveguys around, but that it would basically make the waypoint system regarding bank access and so on obsolete? if so, then i can fully agree to removing the leave the mists button to be the best solution, instead of charging a fee or implementing any other form of access restriction.

if there’s a bank in the mists, i wouldn’t have to leave anyway. who wants to leave this awesome island full of fluffy people <3

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

Bank of the mists

in PvP

cheese.4739

Yeah, things like bank access tokens/contracts and similar would still be occasionally useful for convenience in dungeon/fractal instances, but would lose an awful lot of their value related to general open-world use.

I first thought the best way to deal with it would be to only allow folks to *enter* HotM from LA... but later someone mentioned the leaving restriction instead and that makes so much more sense. We should be able to enter the PvP hub from anywhere, and if that involves abandoning a PvE area, so be it!

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

tanztante

first off, I personally cannot understand the need for some sort of restricted access at all. like it has been stated over and over: you can already go to the mists and get free bank+tp access by using the LA portal. you can also go to the borderlands, that’s also free, although sometimes there’s a queue, but then again, you can walk up to the nearest asura gate and go to any city you want – also free of charge.

tanztante: using the PvP window, it’s possible to enter the HotM from anywhere in the open world… and leave HotM to exactly where you started, be it the top of a jumping puzzle or next to a contested waypoint in Orr.
The Heart of the Mists is a pretty unique map in that you can stay in it while logged out (unlike WvW/instances/PvP maps) but it’s not considered part of the open world.

Yes, the WvW maps also allow you to return to your previous location, but as you say they can have queues and there’s no guarantee of access to what you want outside of your home borderlands (where crafting/banking/tradepost are aways available). EDIT: okay, trade post is always accessible, but that’s about it – and that’s most likely because players using the trade post are constantly sinking gold away.

Have you not read the majority of this thread or do you skim posts and ignore what isn’t useful for your argument?

It has been mentioned many, many times in this thread that:

a) even on t1 (NA) servers, there is generally only a queue on reset and generally only lasts for an hour (two, tops) and -
b) you can access your bank and trading post from any WvW map, NOT ONLY ON YOUR HOME BL.

I don’t have a huge issue with a somewhat low-mid tier PvP rank requirement (30-40?), but I am absolutely against making people pay for a bank in HoTM. I really don’t understand why people keep arguing back about it being a ~free bank for PvErs~. This isn’t about PvErs, it’s about people who PvP and want a kittening bank to deposit the items they gain in PvP. This argument is old and tired, and it might help if people would stop spreading misinformation by parroting, “but queues! but home bl!”. In case none of you have noticed, there is also a button to leave WvW and return to the same spot you were in before – this isn’t something exclusive to HoTM.

Why everything in this game always has to revolve around PvErs baffles me. A reasonable request was made for a bank with many fair reasons as to why there should be one in the first place. Now it “shouldn’t happen” because PvErs. Give me a break.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

cheese.4739

Why everything in this game always has to revolve around PvErs baffles me. A reasonable request was made for a bank with many fair reasons as to why there should be one in the first place. Now it "shouldn’t happen" because PvErs. Give me a break.

You open your response saying that I’m clearly not reading things, then completely ignore my post - and the several others that I’ve made in this thread. Please read my whole post this time - you’ll probably find that we actually want exactly the same things (though you may disagree about how best to implement changes).

A few things that you seem to have missed:

I am very much in favour of a bank in the Heart of the Mists.

I am very much against making this bank require payment of any sort from PvP players.

I noted (with an edit) that it’s always possible to access the trading post in all WvW maps - though I was unaware until this thread that it was possible to access the account bank in WvW (if repping a guild with a bank upgrade). That moving things to inventory appears to require the use of two windows is... strange, but as this access seems to have been pretty common knowledge for a while I guess it’s not an exploit.

I was already aware that it’s possible to leave WvW to return to original location.

I was also already aware that it’s very rare for all WvW maps to be full, apart from occasionally at reset... or during WvW seasons. Gunnar’s Hold (certainly not a full pop server) regularly had queues for all four WvW maps during peak times last season.

Another thing to note (that I’m not sure has actually been brought up yet) is that WvW has a pretty low inactivity timeout, and Heart of the Mists doesn’t. While this isn’t important for people quickly popping to the bank, it *is* for making the place easy to hang out in.

The high inactivity timeout, in combination with the current ability to port in from anywhere and straight back out to where you came from - is why the restrictions are "because of PvErs".
With a bank in HotM, PvE players could just port there from their favourite farming spots, hang out with friends, use bank/TP/etc... then instantly port back to where they were. This is why we’re unlikely to get bank access in our PvP hub unless it involves some restriction to make it inacessible to non-PvP players - or at least less desireable to use than a port to a city or a banking consumable.

We want the bank and hopefully other things for the benefit of PvP players, yes - but ANet likely don’t want to give PvE farmers (another?) easy place to pop to for bank access, and the PvP community definitely wouldn’t be happy if HotM filled up with non-PvP players when it became a better place to afk than LA. The majority of discussion in this thread has been working out how to stop PvE players from swarming the PvP hub, not how best to pander to them and create shiny things for them.

The latter half of my post actually considered ways to add restrictions that would stop PvE players from just popping by; I mention the purchasing/earning access thing (which I’m against) and then another solution, which doesn’t impact on PvP players at all: removing the ability for players to return to their original PvE location. No longer can PvE players pop in and out again, so we don’t have to worry about a bunch of PvP lurkers invading the PvP space... and no daft tokens or rank requirements or tracks that need fiddled about with.

tl;dr: I want my bank access! I want the Forge back! I want a trading post! I just don’t want the Heart of the Mists filled with non-PvP players!

(edited by cheese.4739)

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Mmm, I’d like to note that the Guild Registrar gives access to the Guild Bank, not the Personal Bank. You still have to go to “Your World” or an upgraded Keep for access to a Personal Bank.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

cheese.4739

Mmm, I’d like to note that the Guild Registrar gives access to the Guild Bank, not the Personal Bank. You still have to go to “Your World” or an upgraded Keep for access to a Personal Bank.

This was what I thought – but there’s a small drop-down menu in the upper left corner (just above the list of items in your inventory) from which you can select your personal account bank. Open your inventory in a seperate window, and you can move things about.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

the PvP community definitely wouldn’t be happy if HotM filled up with non-PvP players when it became a better place to afk than LA.

Eh? Why? I can understand if Anet doesn’t want them going there to use bank access for free, but what do you care? Are they lowering the average l33tness of the place or something?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

I said it before and I will say it again! Thank you for keeping this constructive and civil, that makes coming to the forums very refreshing.

Next I wanted to say my purpose for being here. My goal every time I come to the forums is to create conversation and try to truly understand what each of your thoughts are on a particular topic. Anyone can write “I want XXXXXX” and that doesn’t really mean anything to someone who is not willing to read between the lines. The first question I ask when I see such a statement is, Why and does is affected by that decision?

Luckily our community (yes I mean you fine gentlemen and women) are very good at explaining yourselves and giving great feedback on both high level and a detailed level, and for that I again appreciate you as a community.

Now back to the topic at hand.

I really enjoy the multiple ways that people are trying to solve this specific issue. I know people have been asking for it and that is why I am here. The goal here which a few of you have touched on is that this request actually meshes with a few high level design decisions. For instance:

1. Does this request (bank in the mists) fall into convenience or core functionality?
* Free, Gems, or gold
2. Should this be a reward for PvP’ers only?
* Based off rank, achievements, etc.
3. How do we gate it?
* Time, Prestige, etc.

I don’t think these questions are unsolvable by any means, but that still need to be solved. Many have already weighed in on these questions and came up with really good points.

I’ve been playing WvW in T1 since forever, so I think i can bring some feedback here. The queue problems have disappeared from T1 after the addition of the EotM map (since most of the “karma trains” happen there now). That said, anybody can just port to a WvW map and do w/e they need since it very rarely happens that all 4 maps get queues these days (friday reset being the the obvious full time for all servers even out of T1).

Now When it comes to PvE players “abusing” the mists for that simple golem banker should not be a consideration in this decision (my opinion). Why? Simply because anybody can just port to the mists from anywhere and then take that extra portal to Lion’s Arch which has all the services (all that @ no cost of silver but simply loading times).

I really do believe adding that banker would make little to no difference for the other aspects of the game and improve the quality of life of your s/tPvP crowd.

Edit: (for a bit of dry humour) You could make “PvE” players port randomly back in the world after they used the golem banker in the mists.

(edited by LostBalloon.6423)

Bank of the mists

in PvP

cheese.4739

the PvP community definitely wouldn’t be happy if HotM filled up with non-PvP players when it became a better place to afk than LA.

Eh? Why? I can understand if Anet doesn’t want them going there to use bank access for free, but what do you care? Are they lowering the average l33tness of the place or something?

And that fewer people are likely to be around for any one lfg, if a lot of the shard isn’t PvP players? And spam in mapchat? PvE players are rather more likely to attract goldsellers, too – right after the megaserver update, HotM and WvW maps were the worst places for goldselling spam, I guess because they’re easy to get to for new characters. I don’t think we really want that again, if there’s new incentive to constantly spam the map.

Really, though, I’m coming at it assuming that the main reason we don’t already have this (and the reason we lost our Forge) is because the devs thought it would be too easy for PvE players to pop in to access things. This is why I want to find ways to restrict that access for people who’d just come in and leave, but keep everything free (and simple) for PvP players in the PvP hub.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

This was what I thought – but there’s a small drop-down menu in the upper left corner (just above the list of items in your inventory) from which you can select your personal account bank. Open your inventory in a seperate window, and you can move things about.

Oh I’ll have to check that out later, thanks!

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Stephapanda.5804

Why everything in this game always has to revolve around PvErs baffles me. A reasonable request was made for a bank with many fair reasons as to why there should be one in the first place. Now it “shouldn’t happen” because PvErs. Give me a break.

You open your response saying that I’m clearly not reading things, then completely ignore my post – and the several others that I’ve made in this thread. Please read my whole post this time – you’ll probably find that we actually want exactly the same things (though you may disagree about how best to implement changes).

A few things that you seem to have missed:

I am very much in favour of a bank in the Heart of the Mists.

I am very much against making this bank require payment of any sort from PvP players.

I noted (with an edit) that it’s always possible to access the trading post in all WvW maps – though I was unaware until this thread that it was possible to access the account bank in WvW (if repping a guild with a bank upgrade). That moving things to inventory appears to require the use of two windows is… strange, but as this access seems to have been pretty common knowledge for a while I guess it’s not an exploit.

I was already aware that it’s possible to leave WvW to return to original location.

I was also already aware that it’s very rare for all WvW maps to be full, apart from occasionally at reset… or during WvW seasons. Gunnar’s Hold (certainly not a full pop server) regularly had queues for all four WvW maps during peak times last season.

Another thing to note (that I’m not sure has actually been brought up yet) is that WvW has a pretty low inactivity timeout, and Heart of the Mists doesn’t. While this isn’t important for people quickly popping to the bank, it is for making the place easy to hang out in.

The high inactivity timeout, in combination with the current ability to port in from anywhere and straight back out to where you came from – is why the restrictions are “because of PvErs”.
With a bank in HotM, PvE players could just port there from their favourite farming spots, hang out with friends, use bank/TP/etc… then instantly port back to where they were. This is why we’re unlikely to get bank access in our PvP hub unless it involves some restriction to make it inacessible to non-PvP players - or at least less desireable to use than a port to a city or a banking consumable.

We want the bank and hopefully other things for the benefit of PvP players, yes – but ANet likely don’t want to give PvE farmers (another?) easy place to pop to for bank access, and the PvP community definitely wouldn’t be happy if HotM filled up with non-PvP players when it became a better place to afk than LA. The majority of discussion in this thread has been working out how to stop PvE players from swarming the PvP hub, not how best to pander to them and create shiny things for them.

The latter half of my post actually considered ways to add restrictions that would stop PvE players from just popping by; I mention the purchasing/earning access thing (which I’m against) and then another solution, which doesn’t impact on PvP players at all: removing the ability for players to return to their original PvE location. No longer can PvE players pop in and out again, so we don’t have to worry about a bunch of PvP lurkers invading the PvP space… and no daft tokens or rank requirements or tracks that need fiddled about with.

tl;dr: I want my bank access! I want the Forge back! I want a trading post! I just don’t want the Heart of the Mists filled with non-PvP players!

Sorry for that post’s tone – it wasn’t intended to sound hostile. It was just very late and I started getting annoyed with the whole WvW/home borderland thing. I’ve personally posted about it several times and even posted a screenshot when someone didn’t believe it, so it gets a bit frustrating having to repeat it. Also, I may have misinterpreted your post – I don’t remember why but I thought that you were posting in support of a fee for using the bank (which I completely disagree with).

I’m in definite agreement with most of your points – which is why I mentioned that I’d be fine with a low-mid tier rank requirement. However, under no circumstances do I believe that we should have to pay silver for this bank. That hardly seems fair when people in PvE and WvW don’t have to. Removing the “Leave the Mists” button would be fine, too. The reward track idea isn’t a bad idea but seems like it might be kind of messy (the last thing I’d need is more stuff clogging my inventory – isn’t that the reason we want a bank in the first place? ).

Bank of the mists

in PvP

tanztante.6532

I personally am strongly against a rank restriction, for I, and i guess many others, have a twink account which is probably going to remain below r30 or r40 for quite some time, because in our pvp guild, we use our twink accounts to play with unranked or low ranked guildmates, also players who are completely new to PvP, for training, so that they don’t get confronted with high ranked teams from the top end of the ladderboard.

also, i have to add that, them being achievement hunters and completionists, most pve players will, and i can guarantee that to you, not play tpvp, but use the rank farm servers or afk soloq to simply increase their pvp rank to said rank to be able to access the bank, so that is de facto not an option to make the mists unattractive to pve players. the same goes for the reward track and every other solution involving an unlock system. please consider this, when arguing about restrictions.

The way i see it, there is literally NO way to keep pve-players from overcrowding the mists other than either removing instant access or the possibility to return to wherever they came from.

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Otaking.4675

Otaking.4675

Dear god please do this.

I PVP nearly 100% of the time playing and having to screw around with walking on a level 1 new character to bank or even an 80 character is so annoying with pointless load screens detracting from PVP time.

Your PVP experience should be able to be purely PVP in game if you want it. I still have enough incentive to go into PVE occasionally for new models or WVW gearing.

Every load screen, every auto ban decreases the available pool of players PVPing keep in mind. If you want to grow this portion of the game you will cut out these time wasters.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Otaking.4675

Otaking.4675

I challenge the base assumption that PVE players in Heart of the Mists is a Bad Thing™.

-Mapchat is already full of pointless conversation and trolls on the Chuck Norris level. Plenty instigated by myself :P

-PVE players might actually be enticed to PVP more by hanging around the hardcore PVP crowd, thereby growing the PVP side of the game.

-Mapchat being empty is pretty boring while waiting for a queue anyway.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

I’m on blackgate and we are second place, and there is no queues except maybe 5-10 per bl for the first hour of reset, so therefor people can access their bank via crafting stations, Trading Post on any BL, and Guild Merchants too. HotM bank and tp and MF etc. would be really useful for those who pvp then get a full inventory of all the junk off the reward track lil boxes.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Sogradde.8016

Sogradde.8016

Someone already put up a good argument point for this statement, that WvW isn’t always accessible. Sometimes there is a queue which for players in a hurry will cause them to spend some silver to get to a place with a bank instead of going to WvW for free.

Is everyone here forgetting that you can access LA via EotM for no fee at all and with no queues?

Midnight Mayhem [MM]
Gunnar’s Hold

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Soinetwa.5193

Someone already put up a good argument point for this statement, that WvW isn’t always accessible. Sometimes there is a queue which for players in a hurry will cause them to spend some silver to get to a place with a bank instead of going to WvW for free.

Is everyone here forgetting that you can access LA via EotM for no fee at all and with no queues?

free to go there but not free to go back

Bank of the mists

in PvP

manveruppd.7601

And that fewer people are likely to be around for any one lfg, if a lot of the shard isn’t PvP players? And spam in mapchat? PvE players are rather more likely to attract goldsellers, too – right after the megaserver update, HotM and WvW maps were the worst places for goldselling spam, I guess because they’re easy to get to for new characters. I don’t think we really want that again, if there’s new incentive to constantly spam the map.

I’m pretty sure LFG is cross-instance, so no problem there And, unfortunately, I personally get as much goldselling spam in HOTM as I do in LA, so that’s not an issue – I’m pretty sure goldselling accounts are botted: they cycle automatically between a few different maps, repeating their ad at intervals. HOTM is just one of 5 highly populated maps (along with the WvW ones) which are accessible directly from LA, so it makes sense for them to cycle between those. As for map chat spam, frankly HOTM has the worst whining and spamming of any part of the game, so pve players could only improve it.

Really, though, I’m coming at it assuming that the main reason we don’t already have this (and the reason we lost our Forge) is because the devs thought it would be too easy for PvE players to pop in to access things. This is why I want to find ways to restrict that access for people who’d just come in and leave, but keep everything free (and simple) for PvP players in the PvP hub.

Yeah, I agree that that’s the real reason, that’s what I said before. But that’s Anet’s problem, not ours. I don’t see how we would suffer from pve players hanging around HOTM.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I love the ideas in this thread for a bank. It would really make my life so much better.

I REALLY like the idea of rank 80s having access to a “royal terrace” section. It would really give lower ranked players extra incentive. My only issue with this is that it could potentially further divide high rank vs low ranked players.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Stephapanda.5804

Bumping for visibility, I’m hoping that they will add a bank with the upcoming feature patch.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Soinetwa.5193

Bumping for visibility, I’m hoping that they will add a bank with the upcoming feature patch.

since the pvp week is over and anet asking how we would like to have this suggesting that theyre not even working on it

if they were they wouldnt be allowed to say anything…xD

i highly doubt it.. -.-

well.. maybe in 6months… : (

Bank of the mists

in PvP

tanztante.6532

i managed for 2 years, i can do another six months xD

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

Bank of the mists

in PvP

tanztante.6532

hey anet!

since you obviously forgot, i will necro this thread!

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Wow. I thought they’d give PvP players something with this patch. Instead we just got the new no-stomp feature.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

tanztante.6532

hey, necros wanted increased survivablity, now they cannot be stomped if you hold down free look

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

Add a bank vendor and other handy merchants through your guild influence system. If your worried that we will get it cheaper than guilds then make it only last a certain time. For example a month or so. This may actually help build community in pvp land as well as give us something to work towards.

IGN: Aussie Archer

Bank of the mists

in PvP

cheese.4739

Wheee!

So it’s no longer possible to just pop into WvW to get bank access.

Can we get a bank in the HotM, with some way to stop folks from just popping in-and-out to use it, please? Once again, my preferred solution is to stop players from leaving HotM apart from through the LA portal, but still allowing us to enter the map from anywhere.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

I want a jumping puzzle on the mist with a bank at the end….

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Chukree.1756

Chukree.1756

I want a jumping puzzle on the mist with a bank at the end….

Same. A jumping puzzle with a merchant where you can sell your unopened chests for some money..!

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

A bank in EoTM would solve several of these issues, someone suggested that in the past.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Dominus.4153

Dominus.4153

Add a bank to the Heart of the Mists but make it restricted to players who have recently PvP’d (and not just hotjoin AFK). For example, as long as you have 3 tournament wins in the last 24 hours, you unlock access to the bank.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: yoyi.3469

yoyi.3469

My problem with HotM is that after the patch of wardrobe and the remove of glory this map offers nothing. Before that you go to this map and you can do stuffs, but now is only a place to wait.

I think that a route of unlocking things in this map can be help, for example when you reaches dolyak unlocks the mystic forge, wolf rank unlock the bank, at bear the trading post, at tiger harvesting nodes, etc etc.

And you can add other stuffs for example reaching 200 victories in tournaments with a class unlocks a specific area in which you can fight a champion or another player to gain a daily chest.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Scaredycat.7153

Scaredycat.7153

As a r80 PvPer, I think that having a gated area by rank that contains at the least a bank in the heart of the mists is a fair idea. This would not only serve as a further reward to those who are dedicated to pvp, but also be a fair trade off for not paying way point fees . The current pvp reward system , although improved, is lacking . Pre rank system update patch, the rank system required exponentially more work for significantly less reward. The patch stole many hours worth of rank points from higher rank players, without rewarding them. For instance, a player who was rank 54. Pre patch would be boosted to 80, receiving chests for the 26 level difference. However a player who was 64, would only recive 16 chests even though the rank point difference between. 54-64 is around 1million rank points and about 4 months of play. Adding any addition privileges for r80s who put in a lot of time and effort to be cheated of their work would be appreciated.

(edited by Scaredycat.7153)

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

Adding any addition privileges for r80s who put in a lot of time and effort to be cheated of their work would be appreciated.

And also extremelly selfish. If anything is added to the lobby then it should be available for everyone or nobody at all.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Scaredycat.7153

Scaredycat.7153

Tell me how it’s fair that those like me who where high rank post patch get our rank points taken away from us for no reward and given even less reward then those who did much less work. Giving the loyal pvp players a reward for once instead of taking things away would be nice for a change. And how is it selfish? Anyone can get rank. 80. Now. It would be an incentive for those who are not rank 80 Yet. Also, the heart of the mists is for PvP players in the first part.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

tanztante.6532

just put a kitten ed bank in the mists and stop kittening around already! srsly, anet

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

Bank of the mists

in PvP

Posted by: Revoke.1425

Revoke.1425

maybe the easiest solution is indeed to remove the “leave the mists button” forcing people to use the LA waypoint (already suggested in this thread) or change the “leave the mists button” to teleport you to the same place the LA waypoint brings you.

Bank of the mists

in PvP

manveruppd.7601

Here’s an alternative suggestion: you get a chest each time you rank up, right? Well, put a 2-week bank access golem. Even at rank 80 you can easily rank up once every 2 weeks if that’s your main playmode.

It’s not ideal though, since you’ll only get the 1 and your characters will have to share it, I know.