Can Mesmers be reworked?

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

I find mesmers incredibly frustrating to fight against at the moment. I don’t think they are overpowered, they are pretty squishy and die if I can catch them in a net. But I do know that after fighting a team with three mesmers on it I just want to stop playing pvp for the night. Being unable to use my skills, taking damage for using my skills, and constantly losing my target and having to try and retarget among a myriad of clones is just not fun. It feels like I am fighting the mechanics of the game and the class instead of the person behind the keyboard. If anet would tone down the number of clones/phantasms and reduce the skill lockouts/confusion and buff mesmers in other ways I would enjoy the game a lot more.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

After they make eles viable

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

I have to agree, fighting mesmers is just frustrating with so many target drops, clones, phantasms, confusion, stealth, teleports…

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

Someone is inevitably going to say l2p despite losing or winning not being the actual issue here.
The problem is similar to the reason it isn’t fun to fight thieves or anyone playing an asura really.

What can be done though? Thieves and mesmers were practically built around denial of information, teleports, and simply irritating the other player. It’s too late to change now.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

If the targeting system didn’t suck, it wouldn’t be such an issue.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Pollution.8703

“If the targeting system didn’t suck, it wouldn’t be such an issue.”

Yeah. Hopefully the new patch will help with that. But I don’t think it will make it that much better. I still don’t like the idea of being punished for using my skills.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

They can’t change the class mechanic, it’s too late. The mesmer is just a poorly designed class, like the ranger. It’s not a coincidence these 2 classes have the 2 most spam-friendly weapons in game (mesmer gs and ranger sb). Mesmer is a low risk high reward (well…not really esp in this meta, still low risk tho) class. People tend to complain a lot about stun lock warriors, and no doubt there is a reason for that, but I mean at least a warrior has to actually land the stuns (and most of them are easy to dodge except for sc); a mesmer doesn’t even need to chase the target, just press 1 button and you summon a phantasm, another one and you can teleport to your target, shatter your clones etc; this while spamming gs #1 (or staff skills) like a baws.
At least it’s not like spirit rangers, since you can at least see the difference between a good or a bad mesmer, mostly due to smart portal play.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I’ve been thinking, Phants should be immune when spawned. Perhaps even come out faster so the summon animation is the tell “To doge/interrupt”. But then make phants even squisher than they are now after being summoned, the kind of thing where they will die among the cleave of most weapons even against bunker builds. (except maybe warden and utility skill phants) This is to make the weapon skills feel like ya know, a weapon skill.

I think the way clones are work pretty well, mesmers can run away while running 3 invis, but they wont effect a 5v5 game as much as a bursty mes in a team fight only running one invis, which can be focused.

I feel your pain however in a 3 mesmer team if we didn’t have condi and stun spams but realistically 2v2, 3v3 fights past a certain rank (lets call it rank 20 for arguments sake) most people stop having problems telling which mesmer is the real one and the mechanic becomes a gimmick.

I’d say over all other than phant they are pretty balanced since you can outplay them as almost any class 1v1, but having so many clones in such a cluster of pixels can make the whole thing seem daunting. But atleast the class isn’t auto attack to win while being tanky, with evade spam and instant full rezes.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

The illusionist/trickster class is hard to fight? I wonder if this is intended…

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

I’d say over all other than phant they are pretty balanced since you can outplay them as almost any class 1v1, but having so many clones in such a cluster of pixels can make the whole thing seem daunting. But atleast the class isn’t auto attack to win while being tanky, with evade spam and instant full rezes.

I still find staff + offhand torch, prismatic understanding + debilitating dissipation condi mesmers running decoy and blink with mass invis to be extremely hard to kill on burst Ele regardless of the variant of the build. Thief as well, although shortbow alleviates the trouble a bit. The build seems to be ridiculously strong in general when encountered 1v1, but as someone mentioned earlier in the thread; they don’t do a very good job of holding point and don’t contribute as much to teamfights as some other builds do.

#ELEtism

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

I find mesmers incredibly frustrating to fight against at the moment. I don’t think they are overpowered, they are pretty squishy and die if I can catch them in a net. But I do know that after fighting a team with three mesmers on it I just want to stop playing pvp for the night. Being unable to use my skills, taking damage for using my skills, and constantly losing my target and having to try and retarget among a myriad of clones is just not fun. It feels like I am fighting the mechanics of the game and the class instead of the person behind the keyboard. If anet would tone down the number of clones/phantasms and reduce the skill lockouts/confusion and buff mesmers in other ways I would enjoy the game a lot more.

L2 distinguish the player from the clones. Bring condition removal. Understand the class mechanic rather than being pathetic. You can go a step further and try to understand the builds you are facing.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I still find staff + offhand torch, prismatic understanding + debilitating dissipation condi mesmers running decoy and blink with mass invis to be extremely hard to kill on burst Ele regardless of the variant of the build. Thief as well, although shortbow alleviates the trouble a bit. The build seems to be ridiculously strong in general when encountered 1v1, but as someone mentioned earlier in the thread; they don’t do a very good job of holding point and don’t contribute as much to teamfights as some other builds do.

I look at it this way, if you made them run away with their tail between their legs. Yeah you didn’t get your snowballing stack, but you pretty much won the fight.

I laugh sometimes seeing thieves and stun warriors run from a 1v1 with a glass cannon and be like “WHAT’S THE MATTER? COULDN’T KEEP IT UP?”

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

I just kill everything without discrimination: clones, phantasms, pets, players, etc. It happens to find the mesmer down in the middle of the carnage. But most of the time I just spot the original one hiding somewhere and rush to bring him down.

But I agree, Mesmers/Necro are annoying with pets and clones, and perma steallth thieves with perma de-targetting.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Michael.7382

Michael.7382

“I still don’t like the idea of being punished for using my skills.”

Clearly, U didn’t play GW1 PvP where I could punish U for using ur skills harder than here (Say Hello to Power Block WoH monkz <3). There was muchMORE control but less dmg. Here we got more dmg and less punishment.
And really? Ppl still got problems to find mesmer, de-targetting after over of year pvp? U just need some awerness and good eye to spot real one. And if u know build u fight against and basic rotation it’s really not hard…or maybe u got slowed reaction time? ;d
I agree fighting vs 3mesmer in mid fight is annyoing coz we can have up to 12 mesmers in the bettlefield, but fighting single 1 isn’t that hard really… PU mesmer IS annyoing but he can’t hold a point due to his stealths.

And as a class – for me it’s one of the best designed class, if not the best. The idea of clones and all mechanic is really gr8 job by ANet.

Champion: >| Illusionist | Shadow | Phantom | Legionnaire | Magus | Hunter |<
r[5x] tPvP onlY.
|>>> 2000+ Tournament Matches won, still rising <<<|

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

“I still don’t like the idea of being punished for using my skills.”

Clearly, U didn’t play GW1 PvP where I could punish U for using ur skills harder than here (Say Hello to Power Block WoH monkz <3). There was muchMORE control but less dmg. Here we got more dmg and less punishment.
And really? Ppl still got problems to find mesmer, de-targetting after over of year pvp? U just need some awerness and good eye to spot real one. And if u know build u fight against and basic rotation it’s really not hard…or maybe u got slowed reaction time? ;d
I agree fighting vs 3mesmer in mid fight is annyoing coz we can have up to 12 mesmers in the bettlefield, but fighting single 1 isn’t that hard really… PU mesmer IS annyoing but he can’t hold a point due to his stealths.

And as a class – for me it’s one of the best designed class, if not the best. The idea of clones and all mechanic is really gr8 job by ANet.

That’s not.
The problem isn’t spotting the real mesmer, the problem is managing to get the target on him once you have spotted it.
With all the clones and the AI entities in this game, click targeting is insanely difficult and mesmer abuses that a lot.

After you managed to target the mesmer after a lot of failed attempts, the mesmer just stealths and let you lose the target.
Most of the mental efforts are wasted to get the proper target on the mesmer and, while doing so, you’re not putting pressure nor giving the proper attention to animations and skills.

And I don’t even touched the topic of Asuran mesmers, which I’m 100% sure you play one.

When you are fighting against a mesmer you are not fighting against him, but against the horrible targeting system.

So no, mesmer isn’t the best designed class at all.
It doesn’t fit this game, its targeting system and the rest of other professions’ design.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Michael.7382

No1 ever told U, U can’t be sure 100% anything in life? Sorry to dissapoint U, but I play, big female norn mes, I don’t like the asura look and armor on them.
And here is the case – I don’t fail to keep target on real mesmer, if I got to retarget it I got close to 0 difficulty in it. Maybe iI had problem, back 1 year ago when I was learnign the game, but hell not now after over 1 year…Thats why I don’t get crying on target loosing, stealth etc coz if I can do it, other can to.
Targettin for example on necros minions should be improved, but on mesmer it is hwo it should be, clones are to confuse enemy, whats the point of having them if u just target real mesmer with ease (which actually u can do with good awerness)?

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

(edited by Michael.7382)

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

No1 ever told U, U can’t be sure 100% No, I play, big female norn mes, I don’t like the asura look and armor on them.
And here is the case – I don’t fail to keep target on real mesmer, if I got to retarget it I got close to 0 difficulty in it. Maybe iI had problem, back 1 year ago when I was learnign the game, but hell not now after over 1 year…Thats why I don’t get crying on target loosing, stealth etc coz if I can do it, other can to.
Targettin for example on necros minions should be improved, but on mesmer it is hwo it should be, clones are to confuse enemy, whats the point of having them if u just target real mesmer with ease (which actually u can do with good awerness)?

You completely missed the point.
The point isn’t that you can’t recognize the mesmer, the problem is that you continuously mistarget the mesmer because the click-targeting is horrible and character/AI models overlap like hell on conquest nodes.

You are not supposed to fight against the targeting system, you are supposed to fight against the mesmer. You are not fighting against the mesmer if you fail most the time to target him because the clicking area of the mesmer is completely covered by the clicking area of clones/minions/spirits.

That is an issue of thief too, but at least thieves don’t spam AI entities as much as mesmer do, not to say that once the tab targeting is fixed, that won’t be a problem anymore as much as mesmer will be, since clones will have the same targeting priority as the real mesmer, meaning that click-targeting will remain the only option to get the mesmer.

It is clear as morning that every mesmer is abusing that flaw, trying to let the enemy lose the target as much as possible.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Michael.7382

I’ll repeat, I don’t have problem with clicking on real mesmer among all clones and never had so sorry, can’t understand Ur pain =/ Maybe I got some godlike clicking skills I wasn’t aware of?
I like to fight vs mesmers, especially shatters, thay are so lovely squishy when u get them.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Mes is a joke class and has no place in pvp until we get a ‘target nearest enemy player’.

Relying on AI to play for you plus confusing the other player with your constant clone spam is just bad gameplay. It has absolutely no place in e-sports.

I’m glad I main a thief though, shortbow takes care of clones in a matter of seconds so I can actually fight the player and not have my screen full of AI clutter.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

I’ll repeat, I don’t have problem with clicking on real mesmer among all clones and never had so sorry, can’t understand Ur pain =/ Maybe I got some godlike clicking skills I wasn’t aware of?
I like to fight vs mesmers, especially shatters, thay are so lovely squishy when u get them.

So explain me why Necromancer targeting among minions is an issue and should be improved in your opinion while Mesmer targeting among minions/clones isn’t.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Michael.7382

It’s just class design, thats why. Mesmer was made to ccnfuse, loose target, being not easy to target when ur not familiar with it. If u just tabbed to target mes where is the confusion, finding target? there isn’t. And it’s good, coz it’s not hard, also clicking on mes isn’t hard at all for me.
Necro is rather a solo one, MM is just one of the build, I’d say minions r to fight for u and defend u, rather than confuse enemy and trick him. Necro and spirit ranger weren’t made at core design to be confusing, mesmer was.

U see, I guess we can’t agree coz I don’t have problems with finding, click among closnes, while U seem to have such problem. Dats all.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

It’s just class design, thats why. Mesmer was made to ccnfuse, loose target, being not easy to target when ur not familiar with it. If u just tabbed to target mes where is the confusion, finding target? there isn’t. And it’s good, coz it’s not hard, also clicking on mes isn’t hard at all for me.
Necro is rather a solo one, MM is just one of the build, I’d say minions r to fight for u and defend u, rather than confuse enemy and trick him. Necro and spirit ranger weren’t made at core design to be confusing, mesmer was.

U see, I guess we can’t agree coz I don’t have problems with finding, click among closnes, while U seem to have such problem. Dats all.

So you are saying that it is class design that Mesmer exploits the horrible targeting system?

While MM isn’t good that they exploit the targeting system since they are not designed to do so?

What kind of philosophy is that?!

Mesmer are designed to confuse the enemy, not to make enemy fight against targeting instead of players.
Once I have spotted the real mesmer, I have breached his defenses and I’m supposed to attack him. The targeting which comes after the spotting isn’t part of class design, it is just something not working.

Also, saying that you don’t have problem is not a valid argument. Most players have problem as you can clearly see in this topic; the fact that you don’t means absolutely nothing and it can be easily a lie, since you apparently play mesmer.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

Main Profession: Mesmer

Totally unbiased. Nothing to see here.
But Michael is quite correct tbh, most of the time I have no problem targeting the real mesmer. I have while fighting on a point with 6 spirits, clones, pets etc, but that’s not a mesmer related problem. What I really don’t like is how almost every other class has to work twice as hard to fight a mesmer while the pink guy can just run around spamming buttons. This is especially true for phantasm builds, shatter is different but still you can always macro. I was exaggerating a bit tbh, mostly cos every class can spam things in this game and most players do (why not? You don’t get punished for doing that anyway), as a mesmer is just easier to do so.
Oh and yes, it’s class design, working as intended, like pets, stun-chains, pema evade etc, that’s why this game is so awesome and ppl love it so much.

(edited by Fjandi.2516)

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Michael.7382

Sorrow, U see, targettin a mesmer is a part of confusing, thats the point. And I still don’t understand Your clickin problems among clones, sorry.

Fjandi, Yes, my main is mesmer, so? As U see in my signature, I play much other classess to and have to deal with mesmers. Mes is just most fun and the best designed for me and I enjoy it the most thats why its my main.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

seriously, this is all that we have left. confusion got nerfed to the kitten ground and destroying the only viable zerg builds for wvw btw. in spvp yeas, we are great, but necros eat us alive and thieves down us in like 2 sec if we are not careful.
u complain about the one class that is right now at the bottom right above eles.

but hey yes please rework the mesmer and make us viable in zerg wvw again and im happy to give u all my illusions and clones. we got no stability, weak condition cleansing and pretty much nothing for teamplay atm appart from stupid veil and stupid portal services.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

Sorrow, U see, targettin a mesmer is a part of confusing, thats the point. And I still don’t understand Your clickin problems among clones, sorry.

What can’t you understand?
Confusing and targeting are two different things.
The confusing part takes action before targeting comes in.

You don’t understand the clicking problems? Ok.
Try to target a mesmer inside 4 spirits, 6 minions and 3 clones on a 240 radius node.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: swordbreaker.5189

swordbreaker.5189

I liked to have Mesmers in the enemy team easy to kill target. Spot the right one and then kill him with condi. I wan’t to see the mesmer to come back. It’s really fun to play and to watch with portal play and interrupts.
The only viable build in TPvP is the shatter Mesmer and his burst is easy to predict doge the clone running towards you. It’s only hard to doge when he use the skill in invis and stand direct in front of you.
What I want to see for TPvP is a class restriction only one per Class so we don’t need to fight vs 3 Mesmer or 3 stunlock Warriors.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Michael.7382

“What I want to see for TPvP is a class restriction only one per Class so we don’t need to fight vs 3 Mesmer or 3 stunlock Warriors.”

This x 100.

Also Sorrow, I think those 2 are strongly conencted with each other.
In situation like U discribe, I still can do it rather easily. Thast 1. 2nd thing, it hapens rarely to me to have mesmer, spirt ranger and mm necro on same small node. Its rather 1v1 in 80% cases, and if its +spirt ranger I don’t find it difficult, sorry, maybe I just play 2much and got no problems coz of practise.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

Also Sorrow, I think those 2 are strongly conencted with each other.
In situation like U discribe, I still can do it rather easily. Thast 1. 2nd thing, it hapens rarely to me to have mesmer, spirt ranger and mm necro on same small node. Its rather 1v1 in 80% cases, and if its +spirt ranger I don’t find it difficult, sorry, maybe I just play 2much and got no problems coz of practise.

Having a lot of AI entities is fairly common in conquest.

Of course there is no problem at all with targeting in 1vs1 or small scale combats, the problem comes when you are fighting in points with an huge clutter in it; the mesmer constantly lose targeting make it impossible to focus him in group fights.

I refuse to believe that in your experience in tPvP 80% of the the encounters are 1vs1.

Just a spirit ranger and a mesmer means 9 enemy entities on the node, which is a lot considering how shallow capture nodes are.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Mesmers should be glad I’m not the game designer for GW2 lol. If I were this is what I’d do to mesmers:

-Mesmers can now only have 2 clones out at a time (Phantasms won’t be destroyed by new clones, clones would replace other clones based on lowest HP, same with Phantasms except phantasms would overwrite clones before other phants.)

-Shatter’s damage would go up about 25% per clone so the burst is actually a bit nerfed but not so hard due to the lack of a 3rd.

- Increased damage of most (not sword) auto attacks.

- iDuelist/Swordsman and Berserker deal less damage.

- Illusionary leap no longer roots, but cripples for 4 seconds instead, and is reworked:
Illusionary leap no longer leaps a clone at the target. Instead, it is now a 1-button ability that teleports you to your enemy and deals “x” damage and cripples the target. If possible (If there aren’t 2 phantasms out), it will spawn a clone in your starting position.

- Blurred Frenzy can be used while moving, but no longer auto-faces.
(So you can control your ability to do damage, but its not done for you in a 2 button kitten combo while your phants go to town…)

- Clones and Phantasms hp is equal to 1/3 of the caster’s HP (makes Vitality more lively).

Reasonings:
There’d be less clutter, they’d win less based on just BEING the most confusing class (cause fewer clones to worry about at once), more of their skill will be based on what they do not what their phantasms could do, and less “easymode” combos like the iLeap Blur, and more emphasis is places on actually doing damage yourself.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Oh and if they did that I wouldn’t be too upset if they lowered the Blur cooldown back down to 10 seconds, really. and maybe spice up their survivability in some other places since they’d get hit more.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

The illusionist/trickster class is hard to fight? I wonder if this is intended…

What is hard about spamming pistol whip and having a dead Puma?
If I could change 1 thing on a mesmer I would delete iduelist because I despise it.

The great forum duppy.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Try to target a mesmer inside 4 spirits, 6 minions and 3 clones on a 240 radius node.

To be fair, any class would be a nightmare to target in that scenario.
I think your “problem” will already be adressed with the upcoming patch. Tab targeting still won’t ignore clones, but in fights like the one you described, it will be alot easier (and faster) to get the Mesmer as your target. I guess it will be something like pressing tab 2-3 times to get the right one.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

To be fair, any class would be a nightmare to target in that scenario.
I think your “problem” will already be adressed with the upcoming patch. Tab targeting still won’t ignore clones, but in fights like the one you described, it will be alot easier (and faster) to get the Mesmer as your target. I guess it will be something like pressing tab 2-3 times to get the right one.

Yes, but only two professions constantly lose target once you get them: mesmer and thief.

The next patch will solve the thief problem, but you still have to mouse-target the mesmer since clones have the same priority in tab-targeting.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Let’s just see what the patch actually does, I’m assuming there will be some improvements to click-targeting as well. But… doesn’t the fact that clones will still be affected by tabbing make it obvious that the Mesmer it is indeed intended to work that way?

My main is Mesmer and yes, targeting them can sometimes be somehow difficult, but is it really that bad that it needs a complete overhaul? It’s a bit harder than targeting other classes, but it’s not nearly as impossible as some people describe it. That “bit harder” is probably intended, considering the upcoming patch. Personally, I don’t have problems with targeting and with the upcoming patch, it will already get easier. Even for Mesmers.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

I do know that after fighting a team with three mesmers on it I just want to stop playing pvp for the night.

..Wait.. People use Mesmer’s in Tpvp now?
-targetting, spotting the real Mesmer is usually childsplay, click that one.
-stuns and dazes, Warrior’s have more of both.. more often.
-AI wars, So Spirit Rangers and MM Necro’s aren’t a problem for you then?
- Confusion, Bring condi cleanse skills.. Necro condi’s are far worse…

Basically try play a Mesmer and get to know your enemy, if you got beat by a good one then GG to them, no point making threads to complain about it.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Michael.7382

Sorrow means it’s quite hard to target in big teamfights when u got spirit ranger, a mm, a one more guy and the mesmer. And when u finally target it for burst he can port, stealth etc. But when targetting mesmer on teamfight, I target it myself for the team so they see him all the time and ther eis no problem killing it as its paper.

Ok, maybe 80% was rlly 2much :> but as i said be4, catching mes in teamfight is not a problem for me. When I play necro hes pretty much dead the first second I see him on the team fight Maybe its just me, but very rarely i loose target on mesm, I find it worse to maintain it on stealth thieves.

r[5x] tPvP onlY.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

Sorrow means it’s quite hard to target in big teamfights when u got spirit ranger, a mm, a one more guy and the mesmer. And when u finally target it for burst he can port, stealth etc. But when targetting mesmer on teamfight, I target it myself for the team so they see him all the time and ther eis no problem killing it as its paper.

Ok, maybe 80% was rlly 2much :> but as i said be4, catching mes in teamfight is not a problem for me. When I play necro hes pretty much dead the first second I see him on the team fight Maybe its just me, but very rarely i loose target on mesm, I find it worse to maintain it on stealth thieves.

Mantaining target on thief is as hard as mantaining target on mesmers. It is a problem of stealth itself.
The fact that mesmer generates AI while thief doesn’t makes mesmer harder in some aspects.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

If everything was an insta cast, thieves and mesmers wouldn’t be a problem, the fact that most abilities, even most autoattacks have a cast time is why these 2 classes are so broken and problematic in pvp, GG having 90% of your gameplay negated by spammable de-target mechanics

I think stealth should just make players transparent, like a phantasm, that way we can still see where they are and predict their attacks

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Funny how all mez specs you’re complaining about are all hotzerg oriented, with 3 self utilities not viable for tpvp for sure (Well mesmer itself is not really viable anyway)…but nvm…keep whining…

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

Funny how all mez specs you’re complaining about are all hotzerg oriented, with 3 self utilities not viable for tpvp for sure (Well mesmer itself is not really viable anyway)…but nvm…keep whining…

What are you talking about?
Now pro-hardcore-kitten mesmers run without stealth in super-duper-leet tPvP?
Like decoy isn’t in pretty much every mesmer bar.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

What are you talking about?
Now pro-hardcore-kitten mesmers run without stealth in super-duper-leet tPvP?
Like decoy isn’t in pretty much every mesmer bar.

illusion, portal, mirror (needed for shatter) and decoy + elitè…sure..

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Indrea.7803

Indrea.7803

There was a single Mesmer in the last tournament…it’s pratically not viable in tpvp and you are frustated for targeting one, in a game dominated by aoe damages?

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

sorrow.2364

illusion, portal, mirror (needed for shatter) and decoy + elitè…sure..

Decoy > Mirror
Mirror is not a must go for shatter.
Portal is a must-go only on khylo.
Many mesmers run without illusion of life just fine.

So, no. Don’t act like you are the poor victim being forced to pick always the same utilities.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

Mesmers aren’t really viable in tPvP right now. In hotjoins though, every single match has Mesmers and Warriors. Last match, the opposition team had 3 Mesmers, 3 Hammer/Longbow warriors. You can imagine how much fun that was lol But you can get that in every game, 5 thieves in the previous match!

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Pollution.8703

There was a single Mesmer in the last tournament…it’s pratically not viable in tpvp and you are frustated for targeting one, in a game dominated by aoe damages?

So if they are frustrating to fight and non viable wouldn’t that make them a good target for a rework? And part of my frustration comes from confusion, which I know other classes have but most of the time I see it coming from Mesmers.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Darnis.4056

I’m not sure what kills diversity more, Being able to only have 1 class per team or Disallowing 3 players on one class per team if they’re all different builds.

Also all these people saying confusion is op/ridiculous mechanic..
ha ha good joke friends.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

No offense but you just have to learn how to play. Yes i know it’s the age old phrase, however you cannot complain about the Mesmer at this point.

I don’t want to make assumptions, but I feel as if you’ve been playing for only a few months judging by your posts. I don’t know why you are saying Mesmers are frustrating to face “at the moment”

There has been nothing, and i mean NOTHING that the devs has done to truly buff the mesmer in many months. Go and read the past patch notes and you’ll see that between the elementalist and the Mesmer, those two classes have had several nerfs.

Oh and if you think confusion is a problem now, then you’d have a fit if you had played the game in the first few months.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Darnis.4056

No offense but you just have to learn how to play. Yes i know it’s the age old phrase, however you cannot complain about the Mesmer at this point.

I don’t want to make assumptions, but I feel as if you’ve been playing for only a few months judging by your posts. I don’t know why you are saying Mesmers are frustrating to face “at the moment”

There has been nothing, and i mean NOTHING that the devs has done to truly buff the mesmer in many months. Go and read the past patch notes and you’ll see that between the elementalist and the Mesmer, those two classes have had several nerfs.

Oh and if you think confusion is a problem now, then you’d have a fit if you had played the game in the first few months.

That’s not totally true, they’ve buffed underused abilities and weapons for mesmer which are still mostly unused except by hotjoin/duel heros.

Can Mesmers be reworked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

That’s not totally true, they’ve buffed underused abilities and weapons for mesmer which are still mostly unused except by hotjoin/duel heros.

I said “the devs have not truly buffed”

I never said they havn’t given any buffs. I’m not trying to come at you but just wanting to prevent future posts from others if they don’t fully read the context of my post.

Additionally, I am not wanting to create an argument, but I want to shed some light on the matter of how the Mesmer is not some alpha profession. Dynamic and versatile, yes.