Can they admit it?

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Pray For Kosmos.5849

Pray For Kosmos.5849

That sPvP is and always will be focused around Capture Nodes and that they do not plan to release any further modes. Is this game pigeon-holed since no healers or trinity?

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

They have said it, to not expect new modes in the near future.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Thank god I can except new games.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Jesus christ what is this obsession with modes?
If the combat itself doesnt keep you interested, new modes will only have the “release” effect for you, after that you realise new modes dont change the combat that you didnt like in the first place.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

If the combat itself doesnt keep you interested, new modes will only have the “release” effect for you, after that you realise new modes dont change the combat that you didnt like in the first place.

But combat isn’t necessarily bad once certain issues are dealt with. The node game however, is bad and will always be so.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Vena.8436

Vena.8436

But combat isn’t necessarily bad once certain issues are dealt with. The node game however, is bad and will always be so.

Would you like to follow your seeming statement of fact with some actual… reasons for why you seem to believe that it is a fact?

Vena/Var – Guardian/Thief
[Eon] – Blackgate

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

Would you like to follow your seeming statement of fact with some actual… reasons for why you seem to believe that it is a fact?

which thing? that the combat is good or that conquest is bad?

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

I covered the main reason why conquest is bad here, check it out:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/This-game-is-too-hard/first

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Thesilentflute.8761

Thesilentflute.8761

New modes are a big investment new large interactive/reactionary maps, revamping both tpvp and hot join browsers, and keeping a class balance that works in each. I think it may be something they do in the future, but at least for right now they are having trouble with balance alone.

While new game modes would be great the current issue is the game play not the game mode. The balance right now is horrid, but you have to look at the bigger picture with the addition of torment to warr.thief.mesmer, and necro they are trying to advance these classes so they are less reliant on basic mechanics and bring those that were not being used some use.

The trinity has nothing to do with it look at spirit watch or the boat map if you want to know why we do not have other game modes. Spirit watch is pretty much cap the flag and is not in tourney rotation because they have not balanced for mobility or cc and the boat lv is not in rotation because underwater combat is not balanced.

While I think the way they are doing it is silly whats done is done and the game play will get better over the next few months and hopefully we will have better balance with all the classes used.

I see good ideas every day …good in theory. – Shawn Farthing
Masters in Geek Mythology
YOU ARE NOT THE INVENTOR OF WORDS!!! lol

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

Thank god I can except new games.

I’m with ya man.

New modes are a big investment new large interactive/reactionary maps, revamping both tpvp and hot join browsers, and keeping a class balance that works in each. I think it may be something they do in the future, but at least for right now they are having trouble with balance alone.

While new game modes would be great the current issue is the game play not the game mode. The balance right now is horrid, but you have to look at the bigger picture with the addition of torment to warr.thief.mesmer, and necro they are trying to advance these classes so they are less reliant on basic mechanics and bring those that were not being used some use.

The trinity has nothing to do with it look at spirit watch or the boat map if you want to know why we do not have other game modes. Spirit watch is pretty much cap the flag and is not in tourney rotation because they have not balanced for mobility or cc and the boat lv is not in rotation because underwater combat is not balanced.

While I think the way they are doing it is silly whats done is done and the game play will get better over the next few months and hopefully we will have better balance with all the classes used.

I think you couldn’t be any further from the truth. Balance has nothing to do with new game modes. Balance could quite possibly fix itself with introduction of new games modes. No MMO is balanced, ever. This is a copout, and Anet knows so. They are doing everything they can to keep conquest as a mode (i.e. reduced game effects). All I’m saying is don’t expect sPvP to go anywhere in this game. This is not an e-sport game because the actual game mode is horrid. This is a huge problem for me and others since PvP is my end game. Without strong PvP, there is simply no reason to log in.

(edited by Pray For Kosmos.5849)

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

Yeah at least I can expect new games lol.

After about 6-8hrs of SPvP you are looking for something else to spice it up… If i had TDM or something else it would spice it up as it is.. meh

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Wait, so you’re telling me that because people are stupid, ANet is in the wrong? That because people don’t understand something, conquest is bad?

So, if I don’t know how to play Starcraft II, does that make the game or Blizzard bad? Maybe this game is supposed to be hard so that this game can be interesting and incorporate features of esports like, y’know, skill and strategy.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Pray For Kosmos.5849

Wait, so you’re telling me that because people are stupid, ANet is in the wrong? That because people don’t understand something, conquest is bad?

So, if I don’t know how to play Starcraft II, does that make the game or Blizzard bad? Maybe this game is supposed to be hard so that this game can be interesting and incorporate features of esports like, y’know, skill and strategy.

No. That is a troll post. Nobody thinks capture points is hard, in fact, we think it’s too simple and makes a very boring experience. People will only complain about capture points in a public match since they are bad and everyone is farming rank and dailies. Blame Anet for that once again.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Did they really say this?

Wow, I guess at least Wildstar is coming and has arena and capture the flag already in game in beta.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

Is this a joke? Look, this is a MMORPG and people who PvP in MMORPGs expect more than just one game type. As a matter of fact, I expect at least 3 different gametypes, and that is not including an arena format. Nobody thinks it is hard, what they think is that it is boring and stale, and promotes the same boring gameplay over and over.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Uh, no. Your statement isn’t exactly oozing insight. Grade F. For example a deathmatch or GvG mode would promote tactical group play (that is, most of the team present) much more strongly, versus the more common 1v1/2v2/2v1 (<last one is an inherent flaw of cap node gameplay) encounters in conquest.
The map design shakes things up further. You can’t exactly employ a semi-linear or open field map in conquest, for example.
Don’t even get me started on how objectives influence strategical decisions.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

SWTOR has a new patch up on their test Server.

4v4 Death Match Arena’s

Best of 3, Matches are 5 minutes long (before Gas starts coming in)

a Group and Single Player Queue, in the Single Player queue, sides are matched based on Roles

So if one side has 2 Healers, the other side will have 2 Healers as well. If one side is 4 tanks, the other side is 4 Tanks.

Its also got ranking.

I played on the PTS the day they came up, and its VASTLY more fun then anything in this game in terms of Structured PvP (GW2 still has it beat on World PvP, but then again World PvP in SWTOR is so God Awful its about comparable to SPVP in this game)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

I think you couldn’t be any further from the truth. Balance has nothing to do with new game modes. Balance could quite possibly fix itself with introduction of new games modes. No MMO is balanced, ever. This is a copout, and Anet knows so. They are doing everything they can to keep conquest as a mode (i.e. reduced game effects). All I’m saying is don’t expect sPvP to go anywhere in this game. This is not an e-sport game because the actual game mode is horrid. This is a huge problem for me and others since PvP is my end game. Without strong PvP, there is simply no reason to log in.

Listen man I listed the reasons and gave examples of why you were mistaken you can’t just say I am wrong with no evidence to the contrary.

While it may be true that no mmo is completely balance you have to at least hit in between the lines and this isn’t your normal mmo, this is a strategic fighting game or at least was till they made aoe here the top strat.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

4v4 Death Match Arena’s

a Group and Single Player Queue, in the Single Player queue, sides are matched based on Roles

So if one side has 2 Healers, the other side will have 2 Healers as well. If one side is 4 tanks, the other side is 4 Tanks.

Its also got ranking.

I played on the PTS the day they came up, and its VASTLY more fun then anything in this game in terms of Structured PvP (GW2 still has it beat on World PvP, but then again World PvP in SWTOR is so God Awful its about comparable to SPVP in this game)

Hmmm might have to redownload TOR just to see what has changed.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Thesilentflute.8761

4v4 Death Match Arena’s

Its also got ranking.

What we should all do is just stay away from mmo’s they are all crap gw2 is just be least smelly. We should stick to games like dark souls and push the market in that direction instead of wasting our times on these poor BTL’s. All though it would be cool to bust out my no longer obtainable pvp speeder.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Conquest is fun, just like solo arena is fun (if you ignore the syncers). It is probably the best mode of all. And different maps require different builds and tactics. I think the mode is perfect and should never be changed.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Game mods, which are maps and rulesets, surely do affect combat. If the game isn’t about standing in tight spots and running around as quickly as you can to stand in the other tight spots, mobility and AoE suddenly become less valuable, which might make games about burst, avoidance and CC, rather than spamming AoE dots. At least it’s a shift.

Can they admit it?

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

It makes it kitten poor for a supposedly PVP game.

No open world pvp.
Two game modes…zerg vs zerg – World vs World.#
or
Team Domination.

Where as a true pvp game would have multiple modes and open world pvp.

Games called Guild wars…LOL you can’t do anything remotely like Guild vs Guild.