Change the current scoreboard in sPvP

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Please remove the personal point system in the score board. It only fuels ignorance.

Remove it and put something useful like actual stats.

Physical Damage Done
Condition Damage Done
Overall Damage Done
Healing Done
Healing Received
Interrupts
Resurrections
Damage Received
Damage Blocked
Damage Dodged
Damage Evaded
Dodges
Damage Reflected
Deaths
Points Neutralized
Points Capped
Decaps Prevented

Just to name a few.

Currently the point system accomplishes nothing but cultivating foolish behavior.

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in PvP

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Agreed. They also need to determine participation better. Currently, if you don’t kill someone or are on a point when it switches over, you don’t get any personal score points. This encourages people to double/triple cap points or zerg around just to inflate their score. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but if you don’t score any personal points, you don’t get any reward track progression. A handful of times, I’ve been matched way out of my league or with people who are totally inept, and I wasn’t able to kill anyone or decap/cap a point, meaning I didn’t get any track progression for my time.

in PvP

Posted by: Spooko.5436

Spooko.5436

yes, the scoreboard does need a drastic makeover, as the points displayed are relatively meaningless, since everyone gets the same amount of rank points, unless you get a few #1`s

since it does not show rank, and the score is largely irrelevant, it should show something of use

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Agreed. They also need to determine participation better. Currently, if you don’t kill someone or are on a point when it switches over, you don’t get any personal score points. This encourages people to double/triple cap points or zerg around just to inflate their score. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem, but if you don’t score any personal points, you don’t get any reward track progression. A handful of times, I’ve been matched way out of my league or with people who are totally inept, and I wasn’t able to kill anyone or decap/cap a point, meaning I didn’t get any track progression for my time.

Precisely, personal score needs to go. It does not add any value to the game and it encourages stupidity. They also need to rework the dailies to discourage people from doing stupid things.

in PvP

Posted by: Gorni.1764

Gorni.1764

+1 for this idea. The current scoreboard doesn’t say anything about the performance of the players.
At least total damage/healing done/taken and decaps/captures as well as deaths/finishers/resses would be very interesting to see. Since there is already a combat log displaying damage done/taken I think it wouldn’t be difficult to sum it up and show it on the scoreboard. Same goes for healing. Decaps/captures are already displayed more or less.

But I think something like this will never be implemented because it would display the large imbalance between classes. It’s the same reason why there is no damage-meter in PvE.

Rachat – Elementalist (Abbadon’s Mouth)

(edited by Gorni.1764)

in PvP

Jasher.6580

I just saw a thread about someone requesting extra personal points for defending a point. The current system fosters these erroneous perceptions of shortcomings in a player. The ignorant masses will look at his contribution as inferior due to his role as a point defender and it racking up less “points” than everyone else.

The current personal point system needs to go. Please give us real statistics.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Agreed, personal score is a hindrance

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

/signnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The current scoreboard only encourages people to aimless zerg points, and play solo rather than help win the game.
There’s nothing more annoying then seeing several people rush home point at the beginning of a game for those points.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

So tired of these PVE masters with 80 games played come into soloque and say kitten like “Ive got the most points, I’m carrying YOU”

Soloque isn’t serious business but these pveers talk kitten like they own the place.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Inscrutable.8347

Inscrutable.8347

I completely agree that this scoreboard is and has always been garbage. It actually gives people incentive to not defend points, let them get capped, and then fight on the node that isn’t theirs to get kills, decap, and captures.

It literally promotes the kind of play that would get 500-0’d in any competitive game. New players need to be given incentive to defend points not give them up.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

I completely agree that this scoreboard is and has always been garbage. It actually gives people incentive to not defend points, let them get capped, and then fight on the node that isn’t theirs to get kills, decap, and captures.

It literally promotes the kind of play that would get 500-0’d in any competitive game. New players need to be given incentive to defend points not give them up.

True, but this is only one of the smaller reasons why this is an issue.

in PvP

Posted by: Morderger.6298

Morderger.6298

Shut up and hire Jasher!

Morderger – Elementalist / Zarnik – Warrior /Zerlurd – Ranger/ Slurd -Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/morderger

in PvP

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

+1 this thread and every other thread about getting rid of personal score.

#RealStatsOrRiot

in PvP

Posted by: Evocatus Rex.6857

Evocatus Rex.6857

+1 would love to see something like this

in PvP

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

Oh Dear!
As I am rather new to tPvP I was totally wondering the whole time where personal stats of the last games could be seen and what this strange page should actually signify.

I thought I was too stupid to find it^^ because I couldn’t believe you have PvP without that…

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Oh Dear!
As I am rather new to tPvP I was totally wondering the whole time where personal stats of the last games could be seen and what this strange page should actually signify.

I thought I was too stupid to find it^^ because I couldn’t believe you have PvP without that…

Well you better believe it.

in PvP

Posted by: Nutshel.7264

Nutshel.7264

these things are still not in that sorry exceuse of combat log… so don’t expect them being added anywhere

in PvP

Jasher.6580

these things are still not in that sorry exceuse of combat log… so don’t expect them being added anywhere

We can’t be so negative friend.

in PvP

Posted by: muscarine.5136

muscarine.5136

I used to play SWTOR at launch, their pvp scoreboard was interesting, and the individual achievements (medals) were something that made sense considering the objectives (except for huttball i guess.).

It had its flaws, like not enough medals for healers, but it was much more accurate and educational.

Would love to see a scoreboard overhaul inspired by this one.

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

I would pay for something like this.

Attachments:

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Shut up and hire Jasher!

How much would they pay me?

in PvP

Posted by: Zero.6592

Zero.6592

Would be an awesome update. This current point system complete bs.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Would be an awesome update. This current point system complete bs.

Yeah. I agree. Though I wonder how difficult it would be to implement.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Shut up and hire Jasher!

If I recall correctly, you live in Jamica as a project manager, which is very good income considering the fact that the average rent for 1 person is around $300.

I don’t think ArenaNet would be able to outpay that.

in PvP

Jasher.6580

Shut up and hire Jasher!

If I recall correctly, you live in Jamica as a project manager, which is very good income considering the fact that the average rent for 1 person is around $300.

I don’t think ArenaNet would be able to outpay that.

lol

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

We agree the scoreboard needs an overhaul at some point. What kind of functionality would you want to see on the scoreboard? Stat comparison between teams? Between players? What you scored best in?

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

We agree the scoreboard needs an overhaul at some point. What kind of functionality would you want to see on the scoreboard? Stat comparison between teams? Between players? What you scored best in?

Please remove the personal point system in the score board. It only fuels ignorance.
Physical Damage Done
Condition Damage Done
Overall Damage Done
Healing Done
Healing Received
Interrupts
Resurrections
Damage Received
Damage Blocked
Damage Dodged
Damage Evaded
Dodges
Damage Reflected
Deaths
Points Neutralized
Points Capped
Decaps Prevented

Just to name a few.
Currently the point system accomplishes nothing but cultivating foolish behavior.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

@infantrydiv, we could list individual stats for days, but what kind of features would you like on the scoreboard? Sorting? Comparisons? Histories? Live updates for spectators?

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

Physical Damage Done
Condition Damage Done
Overall Damage Done
Healing Done
Healing Received
Interrupts
Resurrections
Damage Received
Damage Blocked
Damage Dodged
Damage Evaded
Dodges
Damage Reflected
Deaths
Points Neutralized
Points Capped
Decaps Prevented

Just to name a few.

I’d like to second this. I would want the window to be significantly larger, right now it feels pretty small and uninformative. People can find all sorts of things to be proud of if you give them the tools to see what they’ve actually done and contributed.

This also means showing things like deaths, downs, etc so people can properly gauge what happened. It’s not only fun to look at all of this during / after a match, but it’s a very helpful tool.

The current score system makes for a terrible teaching mechanic because players are more focused on personal score than team score. It needs to go away, quickly. We have a massive influx of new players that are learning the wrong way to play.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

(edited by Steb.2571)

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

In TPvP it would be nice to have as much data thrown at is in a sort of after-action report as possible. A person-by-person breakdown of damage dealt (further broken down by the sources), damage received, points captured, points defended, secondary objective (stat depends on map), things like that. If there was a was to see these reports in the PvP window it would be good for figuring out where you’re strong and where you’re weak.

As for what you see on the standard score screen I think captures and defends are probably the most important. That way home and mid guards receive recognition for their contribution because currently they could be the reason you won but have hardly any points. As to what counts as a defense I guess it would have to be something like every X amount of time spent on a point or something. A way to see who was the top at certain things like how you currently see at the end but it’s on the final score screen as opposed to just the person who got the reward would also be nice.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Jasher.6580

The comparison would be between players (in sw:tor you have the option as you can see on the tabs below the scoreboard [all, allies, enemies]). I also like the idea of an MVP vote option like in SW:TOR. You can’t vote for yourself. You have to vote for someone else on the team, and they get a bonus for the MVP placement.

Attachments:

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

+1 Make it happen!
Also give at the end of a match some Information:
Team/Player Health at every time
Damage-output per team in Conditions and Physical Damage at every time
Highlite spikes, etc
And maybe for the sake of tactics add a function to replay the match, if not physical
than on a map where it shows every player as an icon, how they rotate and everything related,
so you can see rotation-mistakes, etc

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I have to say, and I know people are all “damage done doesn’t matter” but topping charts is what kept me PVPing in WoW for 8+ YEARS… Wonky “points” system doesn’t do my any good, I need to know I’m wrecking kittenes.

But also, charts are a good way to see just how much imbalance exists believe it or not. It helps collect a lot of useful information~ Who’s making the most kills the most often, what builds are dominating in damage ACTUALLY, who’s getting dem stomps and rezzes off. Stuff like that.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Yeah an MVP thing would be nice, encouraging people to play well. Sortable lsst for basic statistics, certainly an improvement over a flat score.

in PvP

Posted by: Acgsev.6931

Acgsev.6931

@infantrydiv, we could list individual stats for days, but what kind of features would you like on the scoreboard? Sorting? Comparisons? Histories? Live updates for spectators?

You know, for the end of match scoreboard, why not make it fullscreen a la Halo? Since there are so many possible stats to show, then I think it makes sense to direct a players attention to them in this way. You could even make it a part of the loading screen for the exit button, to make it non-intrusive. Also, histories would be great. I sometimes miss the scoreboard on some games and I find the info useful to analyze my plays. Even a limited one, past game, past five, past ten, would be really cool.

Forget it, Jake. It’s SoloQ.

in PvP

Posted by: Steb.2571

Steb.2571

Yeah an MVP thing would be nice, encouraging people to play well. Sortable lsst for basic statistics, certainly an improvement over a flat score.

An MVP would be awesome.

IGN: Steb
Team: Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Why not remove the scoreboard entirely? Serves no purpose. Previously I could see people’s rank points so it had show off value. Now nothing…

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

You know, for the end of match scoreboard, why not make it fullscreen a la Halo? Since there are so many possible stats to show, then I think it makes sense to direct a players attention to them in this way. You could even make it a part of the loading screen for the exit button, to make it non-intrusive. Also, histories would be great. I sometimes miss the scoreboard on some games and I find the info useful to analyze my plays. Even a limited one, past game, past five, past ten, would be really cool.

Fullscreen UI would be a bold maneuver. If we keep adding things to the end of the game like stats and reward tracks, we’ll need to eventually do something about the fact that you can still respawn and fight after the game ends. We could switch everyone to be friendly, deny respawn, kill everyone

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

An MVP would be awesome.

Only problem with an MVP mechanic, is that, like the “points” mechanic now it teaches some people to play towards whatever formula calculates the MVP role, even if its not what the team needs. If this is implemented, so many new players who play some 1v1 spec and fight off-node all game will think they are playing well, b/c they earned more points, or are “team MVP,” even if they are the weakest link on the team.

90% of the time, the team MVP in soloQ is the one guy who bunkered mid all game and got the fewest points, and not the guy who pushed far all game, constantly died, and got the team steamrolled in teamfights – but hey – he had a few kills and had the HIGH SCORE. He must be playing well, right?

(edited by BlackBeard.2873)

in PvP

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

If a player kills another player after scoreboard is prompted, both players should die.
Would bring back some funny weird stuff like GW1 did randomly.

“Why?” isn’t the question. “Why not?”

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

We could switch everyone to be friendly, deny respawn, kill everyone

As long as we finally get our statistics and numbers, this will be fine

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I think one of the biggest things you could do from a spectator perspective is to change Kills to be assigned to the player who did the most damage on the killed player. This is good from a viewer perspective because it allows people to see who is really “on a rampage”.

I think even a featureless scoreboard with stats for each player would be much better than what we have currently.

A simple start would be a chart with damage done, damage taken, healing given, kills, assists, etc where you could sort by which ever category you were most interested in.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Jasher.6580

An MVP would be awesome.

Only problem with an MVP mechanic, is that, like the “points” mechanic now it teaches some people to play towards whatever formula calculates the MVP role, even if its not what the team needs. If this is implemented, so many new players who play some 1v1 spec and fight off-node all game will think they are playing well, b/c they earned more points, or are “team MVP,” even if they are the weakest link on the team.

90% of the time, the team MVP in soloQ is the one guy who bunkered mid all game and got the fewest points, and not the guy who pushed far all game, constantly died, and got the team steamrolled in teamfights – but hey – he had a few kills and had the HIGH SCORE. He must be playing well, right?

The difference is that in the proposed system there wouldn’t be a “score” much less a “high score”… there will just be data. Statistics. It’s for the intelligent player to look at the data and decide who the MVP will be.

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

The comparison would be between players (in sw:tor you have the option as you can see on the tabs below the scoreboard [all, allies, enemies]). I also like the idea of an MVP vote option like in SW:TOR. You can’t vote for yourself. You have to vote for someone else on the team, and they get a bonus for the MVP placement.

+1

Very cool.

BTW the “MVP” in conquest is not to easy to define mechanically, there are different roles and movements, so i think a comparison between players with A LOT of stats available is a very good option. Infantrydiv list is pretty good.

And combat log is very bad too.

(edited by philheat.3956)

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

+1, this has to be gone. Still see too many players multi-capping etc.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

Any changes to make players understand that multi-capping is bad is a start, redoing the whole thing only leaves space for you guys to mess it up. How about baby steps?

in PvP

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Respawn after game is over should be disabled indeed. It’s just annoying to get plus one loading screen for no reason.

in PvP

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

And after that players will still multicap anyway, because many of them enter just for daily achievement, which requires you to (multi)cap nodes.

Signed, level 1 alt

in PvP

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

And after that players will still multicap anyway, because many of them enter just for daily achievement, which requires you to (multi)cap nodes.

Good point! Should be simple to remove that daily, how about you guys start with that.

in PvP

Posted by: Torsailr.8456

Torsailr.8456

deny respawn, kill everyone

Finally! Proof that the devs really are out to kill us!