Decap Engi

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

When this abomination will be put back in line? If you ALWAYS need 2+ ppl just to stop 1 man from decap – this is not normal.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

o.O never see a decap thief or a decap guardian???

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

He’s referring to a super tanky engi who has a lot of CC to push a backpoint defender off point for the decap. Backpoint defenders usually can’t 1v1 decap engies hence a team usually has to commit 2 to win back home.

[SoF]

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

No skill required, 100% effectiveness, spammable CC, no skill ceiling at all.
Reminds me of HamBow.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

Power necro to the rescue!!

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Yeah I agree it’s a pretty dumb build and shouldn’t really allowed to exist.

With a little luck we might see it nerfed by Summer 2015.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

All they have to do is remove automated response. Since its lame anyway. Besides i seen elementalist (not staff one) can prety easy counter decap engi. I was once in one team tourney (top 400) and we had 1 decap engineer (we were all solo there) vs premade team. First game we won (i think they had ranger on their close). Next game we were against same team (and our team also had same ppl) and they decided to leave ele on close and they won. Decap engi didnt decap single time far point.

As for power necro, in my opinion and experience, you must be prety lucky and outplay decap engi to kill it, not so easy. + he might cap point for them before you kill it.

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Its braindead in both game sense and mechanics. Far/Decap/Die <- repeat. And ye the only thing that is keeping it alive is automated response.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Reminds me of HamBow.

Decap engi can’t kill you 0_o

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Reminds me of HamBow.

Engis actually probably require more skill than most other classes to really play well. Sure, the build is powerful and, as a result, still viable even in less capable hands, but the skill cap for playing the build well is much, much, much higher than hambow.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: cuge.5398

cuge.5398

There are many builds that work too well in this game mode and might be considered boring to play against, but thats a problem of the game mode. If the main goal of the match would be to win teamfights and not just to run around the map capping points we wouldnt see this kind of builds.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Reminds me of HamBow.

ye and hambow is the best counter haha. But nothing counters this. Its just no skill cheese

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

There are many builds that work too well in this game mode and might be considered boring to play against, but thats a problem of the game mode. If the main goal of the match would be to win teamfights and not just to run around the map capping points we wouldnt see this kind of builds.

^ Exactly. The game types also force people to build around clustering on top of a tiny point making AoE spamming classes like this extremely powerful, even though a decent ranged build could likely counter it easily if it weren’t for the fact that standing at range does nothing for point capture.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Reminds me of HamBow.

Engis actually probably require more skill than most other classes to really play well. Sure, the build is powerful and, as a result, still viable even in less capable hands, but the skill cap for playing the build well is much, much, much higher than hambow.

Why? Spamming knockbacks is no skill whatsoever unless you mean waiting for stab to run out before doing it lol. Really there are rank 20 decap engis who could run this build and be a pain in the kitten . Its a total pain in solo q too because they just cap your close all game whilst you have two idiots failing to kill him

Decap Engi

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Player vs point isn’t fun at all.

When people say “rotations” they just mean player vs pointing pretty much. Going to the point where you have a favourable match up/stop the decap or cap. That just isn’t fun. Losing to teams with people like decap engi or other bunker set ups who just rush points and try and survive on them whilst they do the same elsewhere is really lame.

In conquest kills should be worth 15 points not 5 points. That would be a good start point.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

Reminds me of HamBow.

Why? Spamming knockbacks is no skill whatsoever unless you mean waiting for stab to run out before doing it lol. Really there are rank 20 decap engis who could run this build and be a pain in the kitten . Its a total pain in solo q too because they just cap your close all game whilst you have two idiots failing to kill him

It’s like you didn’t even read what I posted at all, lol. I never said that a mediocre player couldn’t perform well with it.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Poeple ALWAYS come up with “decap guard” . OK, what does he got?
-40s shield CD , basicaly unavoidable – effective on mid kyhlo
-25s Hammer CD , but has 1s cast , launch can be stun-broken
-will die 1v1 eventualy

What does decap engie have?
-15s CD on rifle , INSTANT
-15s CD on flamethrower, INSTANT
-CONDITION IMMUNITY and 3s block on 16s CD for survival , 1v1 u wont kill him , 2v1 it just takes too much time/manpower

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I think the build is pretty stupid and low skill, esp because of automated response.

That being said, a warrior homepoint shuts the build down hard. And I think a dps ranger would too (if the build could kill anything else).

Ranger | Elementalist

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Poeple ALWAYS come up with “decap guard” . OK, what does he got?
-40s shield CD , basicaly unavoidable – effective on mid kyhlo
-25s Hammer CD , but has 1s cast , launch can be stun-broken
-will die 1v1 eventualy

What does decap engie have?
-15s CD on rifle , INSTANT
-15s CD on flamethrower, INSTANT
-CONDITION IMMUNITY and 3s block on 16s CD for survival , 1v1 u wont kill him , 2v1 it just takes too much time/manpower

sorry but this must be a joke. Show me one replay from a good tpvp team with a decap engi that is not dieing in 1vs1.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/events/Summer-Opener-5-31-14/first#post3570281

At the summer opener you can see the decap engi in action and how easy it is to counter it. Look at the fight decap engi vs guardian. Come on watch it.
The immunity to conditions is a joke.
It is much easier to kill the engi then a warrior or guardian.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

If you know they have a decap engi, just bring 4 stab war, gg.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

Decap Engi

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I think the build is pretty stupid and low skill, esp because of automated response.

That being said, a warrior homepoint shuts the build down hard. And I think a dps ranger would too (if the build could kill anything else).

Seems to be a lot of people here who probably have never played an engi, but feel like they can evaluate the skill required to play one based upon Auto Response.

Yes, auto response does reduce the threat of conditions, but there’s so much decision making involved in everything else an engi does, it blows most other classes out of the water.

On most classes, if you need to heal, you press your heal button. There’s a few exceptions where current conditions suffered and such are considered, but that’s mostly it. For an engi, you consider what your current health is, then weigh that against whether you detonate your healing turret, whether you blow other CDs for a blast finisher (Big Ol’ Bomb, Shield #4, etc.) to get extra healing, or whether you just pop the turret for the base heal and pick it back up for a reduced cd. A good engi will know exactly how much to blast for extra healing and when to save cooldowns.

And that’s just the heal. Engis have a lot of combo fields, which means that knowing what combo finisher to use at the right time adds another element to gameplay, and that’s before you even consider all the extra potential actions to take with the extra skills that kits provide.

So if you want to claim that engis are overpowered, go for it. That’s a valid argument. If you want to say that engis require no skill just because you’re frustrated at losing to a strong class, then just stop and go educate yourself.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

Seems to be a lot of people here who probably have never played an engi, but feel like they can evaluate the skill required to play one based upon Auto Response.

Yes, auto response does reduce the threat of conditions, but there’s so much decision making involved in everything else an engi does, it blows most other classes out of the water.

On most classes, if you need to heal, you press your heal button. There’s a few exceptions where current conditions suffered and such are considered, but that’s mostly it. For an engi, you consider what your current health is, then weigh that against whether you detonate your healing turret, whether you blow other CDs for a blast finisher (Big Ol’ Bomb, Shield #4, etc.) to get extra healing, or whether you just pop the turret for the base heal and pick it back up for a reduced cd. A good engi will know exactly how much to blast for extra healing and when to save cooldowns.

And that’s just the heal. Engis have a lot of combo fields, which means that knowing what combo finisher to use at the right time adds another element to gameplay, and that’s before you even consider all the extra potential actions to take with the extra skills that kits provide.

So if you want to claim that engis are overpowered, go for it. That’s a valid argument. If you want to say that engis require no skill just because you’re frustrated at losing to a strong class, then just stop and go educate yourself.

Just jumped on an engineer, never played it before, not even in PvE.
Played a couple of hotjoin matches just to have a clue of which button to press and how to use the turret heal, jumped in SoloQ and kept far decapped against 2 people for an insane amount of time while my team got the other two nodes.

That build is braindead and you don’t really need to be an engineer pro to be way more useful to your team compared to an extremely good Elementalist or any other build (yes, hambow too).

Decap Engi

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

I give up. Reading comprehension must not be a strength of people on these forums. Third time someone’s argued a point I’m not making, lol.

Decap Engi

in PvP

sorrow.2364

I give up. Reading comprehension must not be a strength of people on these forums. Third time someone’s argued a point I’m not making, lol.

No, what you’re failing to understand is that “hard to play” doesn’t necessarily mean “hard to understand”.
Engineer is a profession which is hard to understand, pretty much like Elementalist, because of the tedious class mechanic, but it isn’t necessarily hard to play overall. Once you get used to the profession mechanic, which usually takes just a couple of games in hotjoin if you’re not new to the game, the profession is baseline as easy to play as any other profession.

A profession is hard to play when it is unforgiving, thus making a single mistake the cause your death. Glass Elementalist, for instance, is an hard to play professions and Thief in some extents. Glass Engineer or triple kit engineer (with 30 Explosives) can be considered hard to play.

Decap engineer is by far not hard to play.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Ok some of you are wayyyyy exaggerating the effectiveness and ease of play of the bunker/decap engi. Yes it’s effective and relatively easier to play than other engi builds but engis aren’t the easiest class to play either.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

You act like timing your heal is something that is high skill. Don’t you think that other classes have crap like that too? I’ll name some that I do just for you.

Swapping pets and timing their 1st hit skills like drake blast and wolf knockdown in fields like water/fire/poison.
F2 canceling and pet position.
Comboing through your heal field once or twice using sword f2.
Comboing through your bonfire.
Timing your condis to enemy condi removal.
Timing spirit active to self res.
Smart evade use due to NO stability. (RaO not taken).
Timing your evades on your own condi removal to counter smart players.
Counting enemy evades and weaponsets.
etc.

Stay on your high horse of skill as long as you want. The fact that you play engie doesn’t make you some golden super bonjwa of skill. You do the same crap as everyone else.

I’d make an engie and record some meta build gameplay, but I don’t have the time and even if I did, I wouldn’t care enough about some random person’s opinion to do it.

gg for getting this response though.

Ranger | Elementalist

Decap Engi

in PvP

Dahkeus.8243

No, what you’re failing to understand is that “hard to play” doesn’t necessarily mean “hard to understand”.
Engineer is a profession which is hard to understand, pretty much like Elementalist, because of the tedious class mechanic, but it isn’t necessarily hard to play overall. Once you get used to the profession mechanic, which usually takes just a couple of games in hotjoin if you’re not new to the game, the profession is baseline as easy to play as any other profession.

A profession is hard to play when it is unforgiving, thus making a single mistake the cause your death. Glass Elementalist, for instance, is an hard to play professions and Thief in some extents. Glass Engineer or triple kit engineer (with 30 Explosives) can be considered hard to play.

Decap engineer is by far not hard to play.

Let me parse this down for you:

I never said it was hard to play. I specifically said that it is not hard to perform well without understanding the intricacies of the class/builds.

I said it is hard to play well, meaning that there’s a high skill ceiling. I’m not arguing the low skill floor.

Even if entry level decap isn’t hard, perfecting the play is much harder than most builds out there.

Decap Engi

in PvP

sorrow.2364

Let me parse this down for you:

I never said it was hard to play. I specifically said that it is not hard to perform well without understanding the intricacies of the class/builds.

I said it is hard to play well, meaning that there’s a high skill ceiling. I’m not arguing the low skill floor.

Even if entry level decap isn’t hard, perfecting the play is much harder than most builds out there.

Playing well means being successful in my vocabulary and I think in most people’s one.

It doesn’t matter how you can refine your style of play if you can win by just spamming CCs against most people, that’s the point.

It is the same about hambow, you can refine your style of play as much as you want, but if you are a bad player, you’re still a pretty good player if you play that specific build.

(edited by sorrow.2364)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

lol at this thread.

Elephantitas Ftw….

Also 4 stab warrior or ANY guardian does not shut the build down… 30 seconds max till I decap.

@throw mine 6 boon rip 20s cd.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

(edited by JinDaVikk.7291)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Wow .. the game must have changed a lot since I left. Thieves are now unforgiving and die easily (no spamable stealth, no spamable evades, etc … ), warriors have no stability and hambow is now considered hard to play. If nothing else, the discussion is more amusing, than the game. Uh .. back to Mighty Meak for my daily fix.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: isendel.5049

isendel.5049

I play the decap engi 30/30/30/30/30, i must say it’s kinda op. Permavigor, permafury, permastealth, permaban coz i’m too good for this game.

Seriously..there are A LOT of counters to decap engi. He deals no damage, you have to run with rifle, flamethrower, bombs, no synergy at all..you’ll probably go with apothecary (how is it called now? not shaman anymore i think) so you won’t have a lot of condition damage either. You won’t take the augmented bomb radius because it doesn’t fit in the build (unless you run the 30/30/30/30/30 of which people seems to be complaining here). Your main weapon has no condition based skills (don’t even think at blunderbluss as a condition skill plz).

How to counter it? Stability works nice ofc. Blinding works perfect too. Rifle cc has a relatively short cd, true, it will take some timing to predict them. If you ever get hit by big ol’ bomb well, i don’t know exactly what to say, it’s the most dodgable aoe in the game probably..but you won’t even have to dodge, it rarely covers the entire point without augmented radius.

When i play decap engi i find myself in two situations: people who can counter me and people who doesn’t. When they don’t, i can decap their point and hold it outnumbered. When i find someone who can counter a decap engi i simply change point, i have no 1v1 use. Decap engi gets NUKED by conditions, it’s only cond removal it’s the healing turret. It has NO stunbreakers equipped, the slightest cc and you’re done.

Engi requires a lot of skill to be properly used, but i get that most of the people complaining on how easy it is never actually tried it. There are some classes that have a very hard time countering it, i’ll admit that. But is it op? Lol, no..op is one of those immortal warriors that runs soldier and nukes you with burning. Op are those necromancer who can chain 7 8 hits of fear while keeping up the other conditions. Op are those bunker guardians that stay still in the middle of the point and /laugh at you. Try running a decap engi against them and then tell me how op is it..

The fact is that conquest mode is broken, this is for sure..it leads to these kind of builds which would have no space at all in a decent game mode. Bunker or decappers can be really fun to play, i really enjoy seeing people stare at me saying “omg i can’t help but loose the point”, but i’ll gladly exchange it for a game-mode where i could run something that requires some teamplay instead of splitting people alone over a map to hold some red circles..

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

K stop making up random builds.

Toolkit 2 makes blinding me impossible
Throw mine > bomb kit (I have 6 boon rip 20s cd LOL at your stability)
healing turret is crap for the build med kit is far superior.

Lol.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

Lol.

thats what i always dont understand if ppl tell that healing turret is the best skill cause removing condis.. well yeah healing turret places a water field but med kit has a complete condiremoval on 20sec cooldown.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: AsmallChicken.9634

AsmallChicken.9634

Bad game mode allowing dumb builds like this to succeed.

You don’t hear any complaints about this being op in wvw.

(edited by AsmallChicken.9634)

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

Bad game mode allowing dumb builds like this to succeed.

You don’t hear any complaints about this being op in wvw.

But PU mesmers and P/D/permastealth thieves are eternally complained about because of the fact that in WvW you can just disengage and not need to fight properly at all. As well as abuse of food, stat spreads like dire, etc.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Liza.2758

Liza.2758

engi / guardian decap , regen bunk warrior, evade thief ..

all the dumb builds that have no will to fight are as dumb as thief permastealth in wvw

Decap Engi

in PvP

sorrow.2364

engi / guardian decap , regen bunk warrior, evade thief ..

all the dumb builds that have no will to fight are as dumb as thief permastealth in wvw

Those build aren’t there because they have no will to fight.
Engi decapper has the will to fight, but he has also the will to not dying at all and to not allow you to step on the node.

They are also extremely useful in teamfights because the insane amount of CCs is extremely useful for defensive purposes too, not to say the AoE healing.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

engy decapper miss on stability
knock, launch, push, stun when he/she try to heal and u can kill him/her

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

engy decapper miss on stability
knock, launch, push, stun when he/she try to heal and u can kill him/her

Yes, you just need to have a class with a lot of knockbacks on short CD. Oh wait…

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Reminds me of HamBow.

I wasn’t specific enough here, my bad. You don’t have to play good to reach an absurd level of effectiveness.. That goes far beyond of the limit of a warrior.

And ye, if you bring skill with you, than you will be more effective, same goes for every build. The problem is, that in the actual meta with the warriors, there is no real counter to this build, besides a mesmer (which is rarely played in the meta).

So These are not really good arguments you brought up. And we don’t talk about kit-engineer in this thread, that requires definitely more skill

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

The problem is not the pushbacks. That is actually a unique and cool thing.

The problem is the high block uptime (toolkit shield) with a low cd heal rotation (which engi needs though). Blocking never was supposed to be an engi thing so if I would nerf I would start with the cooldown of tool shield.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I find this thread pretty amusing. Heres a build for a specific game mode for a specific point on the map that was made to use an engineers greatest strength to its advantage.

And of course the engineer is gonna push away the pont defender and cap. You know why? Because the defender went bunker and can’t kill for crap and engineers have strong area conrol.

There are skills and traits that help against cc and bypass blocking status but five dollars say no one takes them, they’ll just rather take the easy way and come complain on forums.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I find this thread pretty amusing. Heres a build for a specific game mode for a specific point on the map that was made to use an engineers greatest strength to its advantage.

And of course the engineer is gonna push away the pont defender and cap. You know why? Because the defender went bunker and can’t kill for crap and engineers have strong area conrol.

There are skills and traits that help against cc and bypass blocking status but five dollars say no one takes them, they’ll just rather take the easy way and come complain on forums.

which one should i take on my thief? i am all ear

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Jinx.7258

Jinx.7258

Decap engi gets NUKED by conditions, it’s only cond removal it’s the healing turret. It has NO stunbreakers equipped, the slightest cc and you’re done.

You mean the biggest condi dmg dealer the Necro nukes you down in >1< second from 100% to 25% then your idiocy activates and the only ways to get you killed through the DS skills are blocked by the toolbelt shield? Ye, man, skill required 101. The condis you talking about are out-healed very easily by just swapping your kits constantly for the passive regen…. Not to mention you can deploy your turret when your HP is dropping down and destroy it IF you get feared right before that tresh-hold and thus clear the condis…

This is relying on passive mechanic and is by far NO different than Dhuumfire!

#VoTF4Life

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: isolatedchimp.2510

isolatedchimp.2510

Decap engi gets NUKED by conditions, it’s only cond removal it’s the healing turret. It has NO stunbreakers equipped, the slightest cc and you’re done.

You mean the biggest condi dmg dealer the Necro nukes you down in >1< second from 100% to 25% then your idiocy activates and the only ways to get you killed through the DS skills are blocked by the toolbelt shield? Ye, man, skill required 101. The condis you talking about are out-healed very easily by just swapping your kits constantly for the passive regen…. Not to mention you can deploy your turret when your HP is dropping down and destroy it IF you get feared right before that tresh-hold and thus clear the condis…

This is relying on passive mechanic and is by far NO different than Dhuumfire!

I think AR should be reworked so that it’s not useless in some situations and OP in others. The trick to beating AR is exploiting what makes it useless, which is to NOT put all your condition burst when the AR engi is at full health but whittle him down close to 25% and THEN put your full burst of condis on him. AR doesn’t get rid of existing condis only condis AFTER the 25% mark. He should die from those conditions or at least be at such low health that regular damage can kill him.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

hard to catch :~)

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

hard to catch :~)

nice joke lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Lol.

thats what i always dont understand if ppl tell that healing turret is the best skill cause removing condis.. well yeah healing turret places a water field but med kit has a complete condiremoval on 20sec cooldown.

The med kit antidote only removes one condition, so…

I think med kit is considered superior for this build because the ~1.5k bandages can keep you alive and under 25% health pretty well. And if I were a dev, I would nerf AR to get this build in line, not any of the kit skills. AR is basically “low-hanging fruit” as everyone hates it. Might even open up the possibility of seeing engineer condition removal become less horrible.

I haven’t actually done these vs. an organized team running a decap engi, but in theory they should work as counters: full cheese phantasm mesmer; 100% fear duration condi necro (save it for ~35% health); full zerker longbow ranger. Haven’t played any proper team queues for a while so I could be wrong, but it would be really cool to see a team actually try something different and crazy instead of all top teams just running whatever’s easiest at the moment.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

AR is definetly the key for their incredible sustain, remove it and engis will be back in their well balanced spot.

And while you all talk about their utilities and traits, the worst thing about decap engis is that they don´t even need to participate on the match, and this is why its actually the easiest build you can run.

A newbie can straight jump in from pve into tourney and beeing pretty effective. All you need to do is running far like a braindead lemming, no matter what´s happening. There´s simply no strategical component in their game, which usually defines how successfull someone is. GW2 is all about deferring smartly accross the map, decap engis avoid this.

And when it comes to traits, its cheese as well. Everything the decap engi relies on are passives: prot on crit, prot on stun, 20% less dmg on stun, full condition immunity at 25%, paired with the most defensive stats you can find. Something like this should never ever be that effective.

So finally remove AR from the game Anet, im just sick of playing vs. teams running 2-3 AR engies and seeing “immune” blink up everywhere. And nerf fast please, actually this destroys half of the matches and is no fun to anyone.

Decap Engi

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

decap engi is a big joke.

there are situations we lost vs teams when they used the decap engi and then after they dont used the decap engi we farmed them hard.

so i think this build carrys to hard for less skill and brain use.
i like it when this decap engis go immune on low hp when i have to fight one with my ranger.
in bad situations i always have try to dodge his knock spams untill a teamplayer come to the point and i can leave or we can kill him, but 2vs1 a engi means most time teamfight is lost somewhere.

atm its a joke like hell, theres 2 professions can kill it and thats even not easy without getting decaped all the time…
the well ballanced warriors =>bersi warrior with axe/sword and bow
and s/p thief or s/d thief

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus