Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

really bad map, Id rather play capricorn

Up Rerroll

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

Well, that’s just like, your opinion, man.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

L2p.

Just another noob thief…

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Phaatonn, London UK

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: ghaleon.2861

ghaleon.2861

Just leave the map for hot join heros, but I agree that map is garbage. Everytime I find myself playing this map I just leave. This map should never be in team queue.

Onesixty IQ Genius[Mesmer]
Zulu OxTactics[Zulu]

(edited by ghaleon.2861)

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: joni.7619

joni.7619

or atleast remove the cannon.. u ve to be more worried with things outside the real pvp

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: yolosmurf.8052

yolosmurf.8052

lol no underwater is kittened and if u cant handle skyhammer you should just stop playin

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Axis.1085

Axis.1085

Agree, necroes engi and guardians are so OP on this map. Its so easy to knock down people from points thakittens scarry.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Skyhammer is great, it has a whole new way of taking out the opposition – especially silly super tanky troll builds – with new tactics. Every profession can set up to use the map to their advantage, some people just don’t want to…I for one really like it and find it keeps things from getting stale. I also have more fun on that map than others usually – win or lose – due to those dangerous pitfalls.

Please don’t listening to the vocal whiners again A-net.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

Skyhammer is great, it has a whole new way of taking out the opposition – especially silly super tanky troll builds – with new tactics. Every profession can set up to use the map to their advantage, some people just don’t want to…I for one really like it and find it keeps things from getting stale. I also have more fun on that map than others usually – win or lose – due to those dangerous pitfalls.

no, not all classes can set up to their advantage, making the game unbalanced and unfun

Up Rerroll

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

I used to hate Skyhammer too, then I worked on my chip shot.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

no, not all classes can set up to their advantage, making the game unbalanced and unfun

But I want to use the hammer, daddy! It’s just. Not. Fair.

pouts

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

lol’d +1

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Just make a trollspec necro. You don’t have to play it, just walk in, get CCed in some way, boom, everyones dead. Man the cannon. Tell the other team it’s all about pro positioning when they complain.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: forrae.6708

forrae.6708

Just make a trollspec necro. You don’t have to play it, just walk in, get CCed in some way, boom, everyones dead. Man the cannon. Tell the other team it’s all about pro positioning when they complain.

haha. i might actually have to try this.

thugged out since cubscouts

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

This map is terrible. I don’t want to touch solo que because of this map.. and capricorn.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

haha. i might actually have to try this.

The best part is that if you get pulled, it triggers at the location you get pulled to, not the location you get pulled from. Outplayed.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Rerroll.9083

Everyone knows necro is insanely hard to play

lol jk

>> Place marks in the cannon portal requires a lot of skill & pressing fear is extremely skilled

Up Rerroll

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

It’s genuinely concerning they think Skyhammer can be worthy of solo queue while Capricorn isn’t. Neither should be on the rotation, but Capricorn is easily more deserving.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

Yes delete this map. Only kittens enjoy it.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Spyro.3261

Spyro.3261

I play Necromancer and I say I HATE this map A LOT. It doesn’t matter you can fear off people from edge, I want good duels not this… also this weapon skyhammer hitting 10k+knockback+insane wide range+fast cooldown… right…

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: CowAbductionInc.9687

CowAbductionInc.9687

I personally love Skyhammer….agree with earlier post, l2p

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Considering ArenaNet has removed the map in real arenas, I don’t think it’s a learn-to-play issue.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

yes, even teamq is more reasonable to have it than soloq

its all about rng and get luck to have classes who run fear push back launch build.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Xfusion.2931

Xfusion.2931

plz remove it from solo que or make cannon dodgeable

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Make no changes. Best map so far. Long live Trollhammer.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

I don’t think I’d still be playing if there was no skyhammer.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Neare.9703

Neare.9703

Skyhammer is awesome. Most people actually laugh and enjoy themselves while playing it and keeps you on your toes far more than any other map has done. On that note Capricorn is also great, underwater combat is a mechanic of the game. Why people hate it I really don’t know.

Matches are at most 15mins long and different maps mix things up. I hear MOBA’s have 1 map, go give them a shot but people please don’t qq to take variety away from the we the majority. The last thing I want to do is play the same map over and over.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

I just did a hotjoin and sat on the cannon uncontested the whole game, I think a lot of people still don’t get whats going on with this map.

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

I think Skyhammer should stay in the soloQ map pool, it allows different builds/strategies that focus more on CC, Stability, and positioning.

I have fun on Skyhammer because it is a break from the same old AOE/Condition you see nowadays. However, I have definitely been frustrated on Skyhammer at times, as getting chipped of the green when you think you are safe, well, it can make people rage

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I just did a hotjoin and sat on the cannon uncontested the whole game, I think a lot of people still don’t get whats going on with this map.

Too many newbs running around with there “support build” so they cant handle anything 1v1 related therefore too scared to even try and contest it or anything 1v1 related.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Sampo.9678

Sampo.9678

They should get the build templates working soon though, especially for this map.
But furthermore they should really keep this map.

“Be brave, little rabbit. Take a chance.”

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

Here you go, run into the cannon room, spam 2s and 3s fears randomly to pull stunbreaks (they have to stunbreak or you’ll chain them over the edge), spectral walk if you’re going to get knocked off. Reapers procs, 4s aoe fear. They die, you press spectral walk again. All the fears make it very difficult for them to stand where they want to be, spectral wall can block them from getting off the glass or just chain them over the edge if they’re out of stunbreaks. Golem charge will bounce portal huggers to the middle of the platform so you can begin to properly demonstrate your pro skills.

Warning, advanced players only, it’s very hard to randomly spam CC abilities. Nightmare runes are better of course, because they let you randomly gib people more randomly. I just posted with necro runes because 4s fears are funnier than 3.8s fears. Of course you do have to watch out for the guys running the super secret 5 stunbreak build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fQAQNArYWjMah7xbeb07JEJFXD0A9YXkGQkSR5kOA-TsAAzCpIiSFlLKTUyosRN8Y5xcBA

They fixed golem charge into reapers mark instagibbing anyone stupid enough to be on the cannon when you enter, now golem charge just hits them for a ton of damage and knocks them down.

Oh, and you know what’s really fun? Going in there, getting a warrior to pop berserker stance, and playing ‘chase me through the portal’ for ten seconds. Then you corrupt his balanced stance. Benny Hill music recommended. Watch that debuff though, you may get hit if you press F too early!

Trollhammer. It’s all about positioning.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Yes delete this map. Only kittens enjoy it.

Kittens are wonderful and majestic animals. Whats wrong with giving them a map to play around?

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: KUJIRA Kamimaki.4506

KUJIRA Kamimaki.4506

The problem is not the top of this map. Not the worst, at least.
The problem is the side points(A and C). Immobilize, Toolkit, Die. So fun.
And of course, Skyhammer itself. Bunker Grds can win 1vs3 with the hammer shots. So balanced.

Yeah I think it could be a good match if all of the 10 are the “Skyhammer builds”, but it never happens in soloq. Not many people want to practice the builds only for one map. Me neither.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Mammoth.1975

The more people running troll builds, the quicker skyhammer will get fixed. If you really don’t like the map as it stands, make an alt.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Baughy.6971

Baughy.6971

Positives:
*I can use my ele staff build really well there with the 2nd stories.

Negatives:
*Hammer is too powerful, and control room is designed for cc builds.
*Its funny the first time knocking someone off, then its just not even fun anymore.
*the breaking platforms are too hazardous. Im sure a more skilled player can mind their surrounding more than me; but after avoiding enemies, ledges and the skyhammer, doesn’t it become a bit much?…. especially in the control room.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Baughy.6971

Baughy.6971

Maybe the hammer would be better if the doors to the control room were only open during certain times (like how Svanir and Chieftain come back). And everyone was kicked out after a short time.

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

The map isn’t bad. I just think the canon needs to be nerfed. That’s it really…

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

I think they should make a map called Sky Dragon that had tameable Claw of Jormag with frozen breath of doom that destroys everything within 500 miles every 2 minutes. Only rangers could tame him of course.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

Delete skyhammer

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

Skyhammer is not suitable for conquest and i think it should be removed from solo queue just like it was removed from team queue.
Each time i get it i go afk.