Discussion : How to deal with the Warrior regen signet ?

in PvP

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

At the moment warriors can just equip their passive regen signet and be unable to be killed. When a warrior is 4v1 and not dropping below 50% health and able to kill the other 4 players, it simply makes PVP unfun. Just had two games where it was impossible to kill any of the opposing team because it was all passive regen warriors.

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Guardian, Warrior, Spirit Ranger, with a Thief/Necro/Engi burst. Seriously, teams are actually pretty bad when they don’t play meta comps; it’s getting annoying losing to bad players.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

So you’re saying it’s acceptable for one Warrior to REQUIRE a team of 5 to take them down? As it stands I only play the PVP in this game for the 4 Achievement Points a day as it is otherwise insufferable.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

So you’re saying it’s acceptable for one Warrior to REQUIRE a team of 5 to take them down? As it stands I only play the PVP in this game for the 4 Achievement Points a day as it is otherwise insufferable.

Oh sorry, that’s the team comp you normally see in tpvp, I wasn’t saying you need to do that in order to win but was just adding on to your concern. You can toss in another warrior usually but I was more or less agreeing with you. Warriors are way over the top at the moment in various aspects—healing signet being one of them. They have become a necessity in competitive play because their assets are just too much to ignore.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

At the moment warriors can just equip their passive regen signet and be unable to be killed. When a warrior is 4v1 and not dropping below 50% health and able to kill the other 4 players, it simply makes PVP unfun. Just had two games where it was impossible to kill any of the opposing team because it was all passive regen warriors.

Something is wrong with your team then if you’re losing 4v1.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

Warriors are over the top in PVE for a year now and yet no nerf came. I’m afraid it will be the same with PVP.

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Something is wrong with your team then if you’re losing 4v1.

The fact that a warrior can’t die 4v1 doesn’t surprise me in this case. The fact that the warrior killed 4 player is where something seems out of the norm even with OP warriors unless it’s an exaggeration.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

If 4 ppl can’t kill a warrior should simply drop pvp and go pve.If the 4ppl also get killed by the war then i’m sorry to say videogames are just not your calling.
I can beat almost every warrior 1v1 on my zerk amulet build including the banner regen full tank cleric, shaman gear.I should assume 1can kill16 ppl solo if these warriors can kill 4 all by themselves then.

Join a random 1v1 server and see for yourself how easy good players kill warriors.If it can be done 1v1 than your and other nerf threads ops are simply l2P issues.

I can kill warriors, others can kill warriors, you and 4 ppl can’t 4v1 so seriously leave pvp for who has what it takes for it.

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

If 4 ppl can’t kill a warrior should simply drop pvp and go pve.If the 4ppl also get killed by the war then i’m sorry to say videogames are just not your calling.
I can beat almost every warrior 1v1 on my zerk amulet build including the banner regen full tank cleric, shaman gear.I should assume 1can kill16 ppl solo if these warriors can kill 4 all by themselves then.

Join a random 1v1 server and see for yourself how easy good players kill warriors.If it can be done 1v1 than your and other nerf threads ops are simply l2P issues.

I can kill warriors, others can kill warriors, you and 4 ppl can’t 4v1 so seriously leave pvp for who has what it takes for it.

in duel servers, healing signet is banned

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Guardian, Warrior, Spirit Ranger, with a Thief/Necro/Engi burst. Seriously, teams are actually pretty bad when they don’t play meta comps; it’s getting annoying losing to bad players.

Is it not a good thing that most classes can now be on a team? Before it wasn’t uncommon to see up to 3 of one class on a team because it was simply the best option? While roles should be expanded so that other classes can fill them, such as making Ele able to bunker as well as a Guardian, right now pretty much every meta build has multiple counters.

Condition Necro/Ranger is countered by Warriors, which are countered by Mesmer/Thief. It’s impossible to avoid a meta in any sort of competitive game. If they just keep making it so that more classes can fill different jobs then the game will be fairly well off balance wise.

Unlike some of the more vocal people here I feel the meta is the best it has been. Before it was all power, then it was all conditions, now you see a combination of both in addition to control. I’m not sure what people really want the meta to be because they aren’t pleased no matter what it is.

Because we should balance the game around duels? The game isn’t balanced around 1v1, because it’s a team game. You balance things based on how it affects fights involving multiple people.

I don’t even know why I respond to you anymore, you’ve posted pictures that show you hardly ever play PvP.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in PvP

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

There are no issue with healing warrior signet.
The only issue is skilled players (these who knows how to mitigate incoming damages each seconds and placements/reactions etc…).
Signet alone is not anyhow powerful, but in the right hands with the right build it’s very efficient.
I play warrior since start and I was running regen based build long before the signet upgrade. Now the base regen of warrior is balance and make it worth it in completing your other damages mitigations tools and powers.
I spvp since 14 days and I am rank 37 already… I was only doing WvW so far then i went for spvp but ranks are all about capturing stuffs it has nothing to do with skilled pvp players it’s a l2p issue.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

As for healing signet, it just needs a change. The default heal should be cut in half and the tie to healing power should be increased dramatically.

In other words, if someone goes zerker or soldier, the passive heal should be less than today (cut in half). If a warrior wants to go cleric, it should heal for MORE than today.

in PvP

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

There are no issue with healing warrior signet.
The only issue is skilled players (these who knows how to mitigate incoming damages each seconds and placements/reactions etc…).
Signet alone is not anyhow powerful, but in the right hands with the right build it’s very efficient.

It’s more than twice as powerful as the equivalent class mechanic of the Guardian class which, as stated by the game’s developers, is supposed to have more regen and blocking due to having so little hp.

The warrior regen is out of hand, that amount of regen would be acceptable on characters who are geared and traited for high regen, but so much healing with only one utility is absurd and is making the zerker amulet/stun specs ridiculous.

in PvP

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Before signet upgrade I was running it with mango pie in WvW to have about the same efficient that now: without this the passive regen is not enough to sustain fights what warriors are said to be about. Like I said regen itself means nothing BUT with dodge blocks blinds positions etc : each seconds you are avoiding getting hit you benefit regen then it’s efficient… Signet alone is nothing really. the overall heal points you gain via regen is about the same as the raw healing under fury level 3 so… nothing OP…
Btw I had an ele spe water scepter dagger that Anet nerfed the regen and really that was really what I call OP even with ele water regen nerf you still can have perma regen with lower hp/sec and last very long…
As you said CC warrior builds benefits efficient regen not because of the regen/sec value but because of the stuns durations and spams. if ennemy cant hit you in some timeframe you benefit regen while he s stun… Issue is more about CC.

(edited by Titan.3472)

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Not at all only in those wich the host is bad.As a matter of fact healing sig is only good against bunkers with zero dps.Every burst build player just loves a signet war cuz boom one landed shatter and bye bye warrior hp for all the fight..Adapt to meta bringing huge dps.Drop your bunker build unless you want yo hold caps in wich case don’t qq you can’t kill ppl.Once you go zerk oneshot warriors and l2p or you will die in one second.Simple and easy.

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Guardians have way more healing besides its healing skill..

As do warriors

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

That’s no different to going 30pts to get monk’s focus or alt. healing as a guardian. And you are right about the weapons, staff and mace are both healing orientated weapons, which is good design.

Bad design is giving warriors better regen than guardians, with more hp, without needing to run with a healing-style weapon, they can run with hammer/longbow for high damage and CC, and still keep their insane healing.

There is no justification for that

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

That’s no different to going 30pts to get monk’s focus or alt. healing as a guardian. And you are right about the weapons, staff and mace are both healing orientated weapons, which is good design.

Bad design is giving warriors better regen than guardians, with more hp, without needing to run with a healing-style weapon, they can run with hammer/longbow for high damage and CC, and still keep their insane healing.

and guardian is still a better bunker, explain that?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

Actually some teams use a bunker warrior, even though most of the time they are used as off tank.
Put a Guardian and a Warrior together and they’ll hold 2-5 players a long.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Actually some teams use a bunker warrior, even though most of the time they are used as off tank.
Put a Guardian and a Warrior together and they’ll hold 2-5 players a long.

and why would any team put two bunker on one point, and why guardian and warrior, guardian guardian can do the same.

and yea, off tanks, that justify my argument even more.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Posted by: ExaFlare.1390

ExaFlare.1390

I’m not saying that they put them on the same point all the time. But if needed they can hold players while the rest of the team as the advantage.
I play guardian, and with the warrior on our team we often hold 3 or more people on the far point while the 3 other members of our team are against 2.
And why guardian warrior? Because a warrior, while being incredibly tanky will do damages a bunker guardian will never be able to do.

We even see more teams running 2 warriors and 1 guard.

Server : Vizunah Square [FR]
Chars : Exa Flare | Exaflare | Aurora Wall | Aurora Sword | Azure Flame God

(edited by ExaFlare.1390)

in PvP

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Your team is terrible if they are losing 4v1.

BeeGee
Beast mode

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Your team is terrible if they are losing 4v1.

Yep.

in PvP

Posted by: DXIEdge.2789

DXIEdge.2789

Right now Healing signet is more powerful (twice as much in fact) than Ele Signet. And Ele’s DO NOT have twice as much EHP (Effective HP) to warrant this…

Either nerf it or revert Ele’s Signet Heal Nerf…preferabbly the former

R40! Ele/Ranger for GW2 Esports Guild
@DXIEdge on twitter.

in PvP

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

I think one option might be an indirect nerf, by buffing poison condition to make it more effective or more difficult to cleanse.

Same for stuns, instead of tweaking warrior stun skills, make it so that while you are under a stun-breakable effect, other stun-breakable effects cannot be applied, with a 1s immunity after the effect ends.

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Right now Healing signet is more powerful (twice as much in fact) than Ele Signet. And Ele’s DO NOT have twice as much EHP (Effective HP) to warrant this…

You can not directly compare two healing skills of different classes. There are so many other mechanics to take into account such as boons, traits, and other sources of healing.

Just an angry old man…

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

You can not directly compare two healing skills of different classes. There are so many other mechanics to take into account such as boons, traits, and other sources of healing.

Yeah obviously..thats why you see tanky eles surviving forever dealing damage and ccing everything in soloq,right?.. RIGHT?? :p

in PvP

BurrTheKing.8571

Yeah obviously..thats why you see tanky eles surviving forever dealing damage and ccing everything in soloq,right?.. RIGHT?? :p

So it’s Healing Signets fault that Ele is weak? Sounds like you should be proposing buffs for Ele, because I doubt that ANet is going to bring every class back down to that level.

Just an angry old man…

in PvP

Avead.5760

So it’s Healing Signets fault that Ele is weak? Sounds like you should be proposing buffs for Ele, because I doubt that ANet is going to bring every class back down to that level.

True..but the general opinion is that ele is fine and everything else ahs been power creeped to death. I personally dont care one bit if they buff ele to match this disgusting meta or nerf everything else. But then again i dont care about this game..its a pile of kitten and it deserves to go die in a fire pvp wise.They need to man up admit they were wrong close pvp and leave hotjoin for the random pvers that want to spend an hour or 2 and work silently for a year to release what they promised..

in PvP

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

It’s so tedious to see all these nerf threads. Not because they are wrong, but because Anet let these situations go on so long before addressing them.

Warrior healing signet is undermining the entertainment value of tpvp right now in a non-trivial way. Anet should nerf the signet tomorrow. If it has too extreme an effect, put it back up slightly the next day. How hard is that?

Instead they sit on these decisions forever agonising over whether they should make a minor tweak or not and let the players suffer for weeks and months.

in PvP

Avead.5760

^ Yeah ..isnt it weird?All these months of waiting cause they didnt want oto affect the pax outcome with their balance changes..and then what? NOTHING..Just nothing.
Come on..why would you play this games pvp any more.There are so many alternatives on the market that have all the infrastracture and the features we want anet to add and takes so long for them.
I get this is a 3 sides game and they have to cater to them all.Maybe its the players that are demanding too much.You cant blame them for overhyping it and luring people cause dreams of esports and competition, cause every company lies to sell.
The hard part is to admit to yourself that this isnt going anywhere and stop playing if you dont have any fun .And i bet a lot of people that liked to pvp arent having any fun no more..They just play out of habit and cause they dont want their commitment so far to go to waste.
But the reality imho is..if you ve been playing gw2 for the spvp part then you d better move on.

(edited by Avead.5760)

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

That weak warrior?
I rip the ground with them

in PvP

Posted by: Icetrinity.3804

Icetrinity.3804

I’m sorry, but this is an out right exaggeration, or you and your team mates need more practice. Thieves, in my experience, do quite well against them due to being able to boon-strip, blind, maintain high up-time poison, kite/evade/stealth during invulnerabilities, and having a high damage output (my D/P perspective). I know that Phantasm Mesmers also devour warriors, but simply struggle more to hold a place in teams given the amount of conditions encountered in most matches.

TL;DR: Warriors aren’t so strong as to be able to maintain 50%+ HP in a 4v1 unless played against AFKers.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I just watched a duel between two Warriors in WvW.

They couldn’t kill each other, even after fighting for 5 minutes. I think one of them got close to 50% HP at one point, but that didn’t last long.

The funny thing was that the guy from my servers was wearing near full Berserker gear….

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

It’s so tedious to see all these nerf threads. Not because they are wrong, but because Anet let these situations go on so long before addressing them.

Warrior healing signet is undermining the entertainment value of tpvp right now in a non-trivial way. Anet should nerf the signet tomorrow. If it has too extreme an effect, put it back up slightly the next day. How hard is that?

Instead they sit on these decisions forever agonising over whether they should make a minor tweak or not and let the players suffer for weeks and months.

Yep, this is the truly frustrating thing.

You’d think by all the resistance developers have to balance changes that they need to be “perfect”. Yet the changes they do make are more often than not misplaced or inadequate.

What’s so bad about mixing things up every few weeks? It’s not like any balance change made is permanent. If you overnerf something, just change it back again asap.

Because let’s be frank here. We players are right, we always are. I personally campaigned for Mug to get changed….and then 4 months later it finally was. That was 3 months longer than it needed to be.

By the rate of change to the meta you’d think that every modification needs to go through 4 different management lairs, all with their own seal of approval.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

We all know the healing is just way too high (maybe 20%), especially given that it keeps ticking while the warrior is cc’d, blocking, running, dps-ing. They never have to let up, peel off, and heal, so they never feel counter-pressure until it over-whelimingly too large against them.

I doubt they are going to nerf the signet, because they previously buffed it, and that would be admitting a mistake. The balance team’s track record indicates they will try to find some roundabout way to deal with the issue, rather than make the most obvious change: just change the number a bit patch by patch until it seems good. This means that it should have seen a 5-10% reduction last patch, with more on the chopping block the next patch if that doesn’t fix it.

My guess is that they will try to do something entirely more convoluted, like give mesmers a skill that does more damage to targets that have regen, or something equally silly to solve the problem. This will go on for a while (power-creep) until they eventually get to the root, after messing around hacking at branches for quite a while.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeon.8239

Zeon.8239

Healing signet is countered by burst, but guess what? With the amount of stuns Warriors have access to, it’s still easier for them to drop the GC than it is for the GC to drop them in most cases.

We all agree that passive play is what’s killing this game, and yet when aNet decided to buff Warrior sustain, they buffed their PASSIVE heal. Now, at 0 healing power, healing signet outheals both mending and healing surge by a LANDSLIDE while still requiring no risk from the player, and being much harder to counter. That’s what’s contributing to the braindead state that the class is in.

Nerf healing signet significantly; it should be noticeably worse than its active counterparts due to being harder to counter and easier to use.

Buff Mending, and buff healing surge so that when used well, they’re obviously better options.

Finally, make the change that we’ve been talking about for MONTHS and have warriors consume adrenaline on miss/evade/etc. Right now there is NO punishment for using burst skills (which happen to be the stuns we complain about for two of their weapons) at times when it’s clearly wrong to do so. There’s nearly no reward for dodging a warrior’s burst skill when it’ll be off cooldown shortly after.

And for those of you who say, “Oh but this will be worse because they’ll just cleanse more conditions via cleansing ire,” why should Cleansing Ire active on a burst skill miss?

I don’t disagree that Warriors needed buffs, but buffing passives to the point of making a class braindead easy via few risks and many rewards is NOT the way to buff a class.

#ELEtism

in PvP

Posted by: Zeus.3760

Zeus.3760

When a warrior is 4v1 and not dropping below 50% health and able to kill the other 4 players then u really need to learn to play oh lol, or the warrior was maybe chuck

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

I’m able to 1v1 any Warrior without any problems whatsoever, so clearly you’re doing something wrong.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Beltronz.8517

Beltronz.8517

I run the signet “build”. It’s awesome, but in no way impossible. I am easily killed by condition spamming the crap out of me.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

healing signet is fine the way it is now.
it was weak previously.

but now it is working nicely.

those 4 players who cannot beat 1 warrior need to rethink their strategies.

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

I run the signet “build”. It’s awesome, but in no way impossible. I am easily killed by condition spamming the crap out of me.

There is something significantly wrong here

in PvP

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

Are you positive warrior is your only issue? Losing 4v1 is pathetic lol.
Maybe, just maybe… you can use your head and equip a sigil of doom

Holycowow

in PvP

Posted by: jalmari.3906

jalmari.3906

.. wait they buffed healing signet?

Guardian 80 Necromancer 80 Ranger 80 Mesmer 80 Elementalist 80 Warrior 80

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

This “omg noobs just use poison kitten ” argument is getting tired, for a number of reasons;

1) Hello! It’s called cleansing Ire
2) Hello! it’s called 100% condition duration reduction from stance
3) HELLO! The point is that spamming sceptre autoattack as a necro to keep up poison spells death as the warrior is vastly going to out-damage you, cleanse the conditions and regen up to 3k+ hp during one skull crack which will, again, cleanse the poison until you can try to reapply it doing pitiful damage

in PvP

Posted by: AtoBoss.2906

AtoBoss.2906

This “omg noobs just use poison kitten ” argument is getting tired, for a number of reasons;

1) Hello! It’s called cleansing Ire
2) Hello! it’s called 100% condition duration reduction from stance
3) HELLO! The point is that spamming sceptre autoattack as a necro to keep up poison spells death as the warrior is vastly going to out-damage you, cleanse the conditions and regen up to 3k+ hp during one skull crack which will, again, cleanse the poison until you can try to reapply it doing pitiful damage

Lol no offence but it’s clear you do not play a warrior and simply choose to believe the over exaggerated lies because you cannot beat one, so just stop there before you embarrass yourself further.

1) On paper it looks good. Zerker stance, cleansing ire, shrug it off – omgzz unlimited condi removal right? Well Hello to you, poison works – you apply it faster than a warrior can cleanse it.
2) Gee. Maybe googling how zerker stance actually works before posting your wild guesses may save you from looking bad. 60 sec cd, 8 sec condi immunity – what more do I have to say… Change your playstyle and actually time your attacks – spamming doesnt work honey.
3) Lols. Firstly I said nothing about spamming an auto for poison. I know you probably do that on your necro, poisoning and seeing if you get anywhere but nope. Secondly, cleanse the conditions and regen up to 3000hp+ per skullcrack? What are you smoking? give me some of it. Skullcrack = 3 seconds. healing signet = 400 hp/s, poisoned 290hp/s (not including the addition 100+ condition ticks) – so unless your running some stupid full clerics banner build 3000hp+ for a skullcrack? embarassingly inaccurate.

I can continue to blab on but no use with you. Pvp some more and actually learn a warrior if you want to counter it appropriately.

Holycowow

in PvP

Posted by: GeoPro.7530

GeoPro.7530

spamming doesnt work honey.

Does for warriors!

BURN!

in PvP

azuzephyr.7280

Wow Ato, I really don’t care what you play, I have beaten plenty of warriors – that doesn’t make it okay. You are right, 8 seconds of condition immunity on 60 second cooldown doesn’t sound like much until you consider how much a warrior could do in that timeframe and is still hard to kite/counter outside of it, that 8 seconds just takes the gameplay from minimal skill level required to none temporarily. I really should have stopped caring when I read use sigil of doom, I don’t know why I didn’t.

Please take your own advice and stop blabbing on.
Az

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Well, I haven’t personally experienced this “ban” on healing signet but I can tell you why it would be banned since you seem to lack the ability to determine that. The reason people on duel servers would ban it is because it is very effective against low damage builds. For a long time, duel builds have mostly been low damage builds meant more to outlast than to burst someone down. Therefore, it would be very powerful against duel builds. In real PvP, where nobody runs duels builds, not so powerful. You know, I bet most of the people that whine on these forums about HS are duelers or people who run duel builds in PvP. lol

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Its banned on Distubin’s server [Angz] which is populated by S/D thieves, Fresh Air eles, Shatter and Condi mesmers and Med Guards. Its pretty high damage stuff for the most part, still banned because it takes the kitten .