Dishonor NOT turned on Dec 2 update

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

I left pvping 1 or 2 months ago after i had 7 match in a row in 4vs5, and the guys leaving us in 4 were always the same.

So when i see your pvp pack notes i was really happy.

I was really happy mainly for 1 single reason: new dishonor would finally stop these guys from pvping.

Then we had a nice kittenstorm over dishonor.

Some critics were fine (like people telling you should add a minus to normal score to push mini-dced player to come back rather than give just a -3 points)

Some other critics were kitten (like people telling dishonor would kill the game etc): basically the same guys that now keep leave match in 4 telling you to not put dishor.

Now they will keep afk, leave, rage and leave the team in 4 grats to your dishonor delay (delayed when? 1 week? 1 month? never?) and the only reason to come back pvping in new pvp pack for me disappear.

Gratz to have listened the wrong people like usually anet

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

(edited by aelfwe.4239)

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

We’re not enabling dishonor immediately because we want to make sure that all of our systems work properly on live after release. We’ve done thorough testing internally, but there’s always a chance that the thousands of players who log in on December 2 might find a new interesting way to break things. We want to make sure that players aren’t awarded dishonor for anything outside of their power.

Rest assured, as soon as we’re confident that the systems are working properly, we will turn dishonor on.

in PvP

Posted by: aelfwe.4239

aelfwe.4239

We’re not enabling dishonor immediately because we want to make sure that all of our systems work properly on live after release. We’ve done thorough testing internally, but there’s always a chance that the thousands of players who log in on December 2 might find a new interesting way to break things. We want to make sure that players aren’t awarded dishonor for anything outside of their power.

Rest assured, as soon as we’re confident that the systems are working properly, we will turn dishonor on.

Thx for the fast answer, still I hope the problem i mentioned above will get solved sooner than later :-)

Aelfwe Dark Asura Mesmer\Thief,
FREE PYRO

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Needs to be HARSH dishonor.

I’m so SICK of games like this.

BACK 2 BACK 4v5.
Just 5 minutes ago.

If your connection is bad.. DONT PLAY
If your going to leave soon.. DONT PLAY

Developers stop being easy on people that cause 4v5 games.

My record is SO bad because of this.

Also DO NOT allow people to switch professions during the game. I don’t care if they switch before game starts but not DURING the game.

You guys wonder why I’m so angry all the time. This game makes me so angry. Look at those games, terrible matchmaking. I’m stuck with 2 classes of same type, 1 game 3 classes of same type. Other team is PERFECT, DESTROYER type team… AS usual.

If you got your stuff ready, than IMPLEMENT it now, no reason to wait.

I feel like NOT PLAYING tPVP anymore because of this.

Ever heard of timing is everything?
Go ahead and implement your thing later… There may only be 50 people left playing, rather than IMPLEMENTING it now while you still have a bit more players left playing.

You think I ENJOY huge loss streaks. WRONG.

edit:

+1 +thousand

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Needs to be HARSH dishonor.

I’m so SICK of games like this.

BACK 2 BACK 4v5.
Just 5 minutes ago.

If your connection is bad.. DONT PLAY
If your going to leave soon.. DONT PLAY

Developers stop being easy on people that cause 4v5 games.

My record is SO bad because of this.

Also DO NOT allow people to switch professions during the game. I don’t care if they switch before game starts but not DURING the game.

You guys wonder why I’m so angry all the time. This game makes me so angry. Look at those games, terrible matchmaking. I’m stuck with 2 classes of same type, 1 game 3 classes of same type. Other team is PERFECT, DESTROYER type team… AS usual.

If you got your stuff ready, than IMPLEMENT it now, no reason to wait.

I feel like NOT PLAYING tPVP anymore because of this.

Ever heard of timing is everything?
Go ahead and implement your thing later… There may only be 50 people left playing, rather than IMPLEMENTING it now while you still have a bit more players left playing.

You think I ENJOY huge loss streaks. WRONG.

edit:

+1 +thousand

Calm yourself.

Anet is simply not adding dishonor for the first couple days because that would possibly result in critical errors / crashes that are always associated with patch day, TO CAUSE DISHONOR.

They are being quite conscientious and proactive by delaying dishonor until the coast is clear.

If Solo Q gives you a stroke in between the couple days it takes for the critical errors/server instability to get busted, then please seek a doctor.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

I have received 0 server lag at all. If its server lag it will affect EVERYONE. server goes down, everyone dc’s. server is slow everyone is slow.

I have received no lag from server.

Now if someone is dcing because they playing on NA server from argentina.. Why you put all those bad connection type people on my team? Are these people that dc those people trying to play NA from EU???

Ask yourself these kinds of questions.

in PvP

Chaith.8256

I have received 0 server lag at all. If its server lag it will affect EVERYONE. server goes down, everyone dc’s. server is slow everyone is slow.

I have received no lag from server.

Now if someone is dcing because they playing on NA server from argentina.. Why you put all those bad connection type people on my team? Are these people that dc those people trying to play NA from EU???

Ask yourself these kinds of questions.

Do you know what a critical error is?

It’s when you do something in-game like open a UI or perform some funny action, resulting in your game having to close.

This happens on, and around patch day, occasionally.

Nobody is purposefully putting Argentinians on your team, please, remove your tinfoil hat and continue with your life.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

We’re doing this because even though I consider myself perfect and incapable of writing bugs, I don’t have much empirical evidence to back that up.

On the off chance I messed up, it’s better that other people don’t get punished for it.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

Sry Josh, but this problem exists since years. But since the mass of players realized it it became a huge problem. you now had more then 2 years to fix it and its depressing that I need to read an excuse that you didnt have enough time for proper working solution.

Just add a team internal “forgive” feature like in counter strike if someone gets a dc or smthn. If 3/4 forgive him nothing will happen. So its a good intention not give team players a penalty but separate the black sheeps at the same time (imo).

I dont want more afkers. I noticed that over 90% of all my 4on5s are based on dcs after the time limit just because players registered to the queue but simply forgot it, go afk or be on desktop.

Btw uberkingkong:
Western EU has a stronger and more stable connection structure as big parts of the US (especially france, germany, swiss and austria[hi, DSL 300k]). You also can hit pings under 100ms from EU to US with extrem fast path connections. Im playing Ragnarok Online private server for more then 8 years now and trust me I know my stuff.
So the chance that EU players would cause those 4on5s just because of their connection basicly a wrong fact based on non-existing knowledge. The big mass of EU players gives a kitten about joining US servers. They arent the center of the universe.
Thxbye

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

(edited by exii.8913)

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

Western EU has a stronger and more stable connection structure as big parts of the US (especially france, germany, swiss and austria[hi, DSL 300k]). You also can hit pings under 100ms from EU to US with extrem fast path connections. Im playing Ragnarok Online private server for more then 8 years now and trust me I know my stuff.
So the chance that EU players would cause those 4on5s just because of their connection basicly a wrong fact based on non-existing knowledge. The big mass of EU players gives a kitten about joining US servers. They arent the center of the universe.
Thxbye

If its a European playing on an American server they will receive more lag than an American playing on that server due to distance. Also, vice versa an American playing on an EU server.

Ask yourself why is there an American server and a European server and a Chinese server. Rather than 1 server that does all.

Thxbye.

in PvP

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

We’re doing this because even though I consider myself perfect and incapable of writing bugs, I don’t have much empirical evidence to back that up.

On the off chance I messed up, it’s better that other people don’t get punished for it.

Best dev response NA.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

(edited by Helly.2597)

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I may be missing something, but can you please explain how you reconcile the bolded statements (one of them is from another thread)?

does this means, once we got disconnected due to server issues, we cannot rejoin the match?

If you get disconnected you can still reconnect, but you will receive dishonor regardless.

It seems they kinda contradict each other…

in PvP

Chaith.8256

I may be missing something, but can you please explain how you reconcile the bolded statements (one of them is from another thread)?

does this means, once we got disconnected due to server issues, we cannot rejoin the match?

If you get disconnected you can still reconnect, but you will receive dishonor regardless.

It seems they kinda contradict each other…

You misunderstand. Arenanet doesn’t want players to receive dishonor for server issues on their end. Lol. This means critical errors / broken things that normally come with patch day.

Arenanet can’t spare people dishonor when all it takes it to alt-f4 or reset the internet router to make it impossible to tell a leaver from someone who got booted off the internet, out of their control.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh

in PvP

Posted by: kiimi.2853

kiimi.2853

i really understand the reasoning behind this but at the same time i am very worried that some people will make use of this in a very bad way :/

in PvP

uberkingkong.8041

i really understand the reasoning behind this but at the same time i am very worried that some people will make use of this in a very bad way :/

If your thinking someone will ping bomb. Let me tell you this. Its against the law to ping bomb someone, and they’d have to have your ip address as well.

Why do you think people who do such actions are from places like China? Our laws cant get them. You don’t see joe schmoe down the street doing things like that to banks, companies, people.

Thing is, many people are not knowledgeable to even find out who it is and how to report it, or if something even exists.

If you get ping bombed its from your friend, the game doesn’t show your ip address.

in PvP

Posted by: kiimi.2853

kiimi.2853

If your thinking someone will ping bomb. Let me tell you this. Its against the law to ping bomb someone, and they’d have to have your ip address as well.

Why do you think people who do such actions are from places like China? Our laws cant get them. You don’t see joe schmoe down the street doing things like that to banks, companies, people.

Thing is, many people are not knowledgeable to even find out who it is and how to report it, or if something even exists.

If you get ping bombed its from your friend, the game doesn’t show your ip address.

Ah thats not what i meant, im worried people will just leave the game once it doesnt look good since there is no dishonor anyway, check hotjoin, people do it already jus beeing 50 points down there^^.

in PvP

Posted by: exii.8913

exii.8913

Just lol@this. Im not sure if you dont know that you are talking about DDoS or if you generally dont know what you are talking about. DDoS and client side specific dcs have absolutely nothing to do with each other. DDoS is causing server side specific lag spikes which affecting every connection on this server (on standart model).
Your impersonation of a big monkey is really matching with your knowledge.
Btw: continously sending of pakets (this what stability means) and delay due location range are 2 completely different things if the server notice your timeout after several seconds for the first time. #knowthedifference

But fot the rest I still have to agree with you. It doesnt matter why the person has a dc for me. I saw some players which said they had pc crashes – 5 matches in a row. Lets be honest: if I know that my pc crashes that often I really have some other problems as to play a game where I crash every single round.

Just see what parameters are necessary for a penalty (and length of it)

dc time
->the longer you arent ingame the longer the penalty should be
-> starts at a timeout of more then 1 min to give players the chance to reconnect asap if they arent afk

spawn area timer
->if you stand 30 sec in the base after the round has been started you should be punished because this only can mean you are a deserter or just be afk
→just combine it with the invuln state icon and please fix this area for this icon

voting delay timer
Its not really hard to choose one of the spare maps when this system will be implemented.
->1min without a vote: kick if solo registered
->2min without a vote: kick if party registered

forgive feature
->all modes have this
(I firstly wanted to suggest to limit it to ranked queue and costum arena but then I realised that the players with perma afk attitudes and or weak connections always just would play modes were this feature is active which would make ranked queues more worse as before)
->limit this feature to the first 3-4mins (this should be far enough even to restart the computer and re-connect to the running game)

Im sometimes just ceating my concepts while Im typing in under 1 minute. And you really want me to say 2 years were not enough?

However.
After this long time I finally have a very positive impression of anet just because the staff now is responsing to a lot of topics. It doesnt matter what the answer is, I feel really happy to get a feeling not to talk against a wall.

Will quit when the addon appears. Wont pay for turrets, cele amulet and shoutbow meta trash.

(edited by exii.8913)

in PvP

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

RE playing on NA/EU servers from EU/NA. I don’t know if this is an issue with PvP specifically. I’m in NA and have an account on EU servers and one on NA servers. I don’t notice any difference between the two playing PvE. Sometimes NA lag is worse that EU lag.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

As a programmer myself, I’m saving this for future, personal use xD

As of justification of withholding, that’s perfectly fine. I’m sure we’ll see dishonor fixes sifted in fairly soon after anyway.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

No problems with 4v5s from quitters at a reasonable level on EU, except for skyhammer, but thats a different issue

Ppl will just run around at spawn swearing at their team XD

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Jak Shadow.2864

Jak Shadow.2864

Even if someone is genuinely disconnecting, he should be punished. People with crappy internet shouldn’t be queueing in the first place.

Totally disagree. I have fibre connection and I still get at least one DC a day on a long session. I will always log back in and continue on within a minute. I don’t have a problem with other games and don’t see why I should be punished for ANet’s poor servers.

in PvP

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Even if someone is genuinely disconnecting, he should be punished. People with crappy internet shouldn’t be queueing in the first place.

Totally disagree. I have fibre connection and I still get at least one DC a day on a long session. I will always log back in and continue on within a minute. I don’t have a problem with other games and don’t see why I should be punished for ANet’s poor servers.

its amazing how some people thinks Anets servers are flawless

if someone gets a dc he should have 1min max to logg back in before getting dishonor

in PvP

Posted by: Rusc.4978

Rusc.4978

Forgive me, Justin, but I’m a little confused. The patch notes are written in a way that implies Dishonor did get implemented, but your response in this thread indicates that it did not, and it does not seem to be in game.

What is currently going on with the Dishonor system?

Prosper

Brought to you by ArenaNet. Soon™.

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Forgive me, Justin, but I’m a little confused. The patch notes are written in a way that implies Dishonor did get implemented, but your response in this thread indicates that it did not, and it does not seem to be in game.

The patch notes indicate the change to dishonor, not the current configuration state of dishonor.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Rusc.4978

The patch notes indicate the change to dishonor, not the current configuration state of dishonor.

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply.

Do we know an approximate time for when it will be implemented?

Prosper

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

No, I don’t believe we have anything currently planned. We’ll probably want to regroup and evaluate the current state of the servers before we decide.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Rusc.4978

No, I don’t believe we have anything currently planned. We’ll probably want to regroup and evaluate the current state of the servers before we decide.

Okie dokie. Thanks again.

Prosper

in PvP

Posted by: Milferd.3780

Milferd.3780

I hope you do realize that dropping from battles is the cheap way for your greater number of friends on the other side to win. As such I hope it is back up as soon as possible.
I in over 400 matches have never won outnumbered. I don’t know why you enrage players by making them stay in outnumbered fights. And outnumbering someone gets boring. If someone DC’s stop the battle and award partial scores to everyone. If you can figure out some way to have a replacement player drop in where the DC was instantly that better but continuing outnumbers fights is stupid. I though balancing where you still don’t correct the outnumbered problem has also been stupid.