Dishonorable debuff and server instability

in PvP

Posted by: krow.4836

krow.4836

Hi Anet, all;

I’m newer to GW2 and just discovered sPvP with the last patch and the option to purchase tomes to level. Now that I got a taste of how fun this mode is I’m hooked. If the upcoming changes get more players to try sPvP I think it’ll add a lot of new players to that element.

However, with the recent server instability at night it’s become VERY hard to sPvP in NA prime time. Being new I had no idea what the dishonorable debuff was all about until I reloaded after a crash and found myself with a 3 day ban. That is a motivational killer. I realize the importance of debuffs like this to promote good gameplay, but 3 days is way to long for a first offense. That debuff should build over number of offenses from something short like 1-2 hours to something like 2 days, but 3 days is crazy long and steals from the community of players.

We all know something phishy is happening to NA servers during prime time. Now I will be very reluctant to play if it looks like the servers are not stable. That’s rewarding who ever is perping this and punishing both the player and ANET.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Hi Anet, all;

I’m newer to GW2 and just discovered sPvP with the last patch and the option to purchase tomes to level. Now that I got a taste of how fun this mode is I’m hooked. If the upcoming changes get more players to try sPvP I think it’ll add a lot of new players to that element.

However, with the recent server instability at night it’s become VERY hard to sPvP in NA prime time. Being new I had no idea what the dishonorable debuff was all about until I reloaded after a crash and found myself with a 3 day ban. That is a motivational killer. I realize the importance of debuffs like this to promote good gameplay, but 3 days is way to long for a first offense. That debuff should build over number of offenses from something short like 1-2 hours to something like 2 days, but 3 days is crazy long and steals from the community of players.

We all know something phishy is happening to NA servers during prime time. Now I will be very reluctant to play if it looks like the servers are not stable. That’s rewarding who ever is perping this and punishing both the player and ANET.

It isn’t one occurrence and you get the debuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Being new I had no idea what the dishonorable debuff was all about until I reloaded after a crash and found myself with a 3 day ban.

You need to leave 3 games before you get the debuff, so one crash won’t be enough.
72 hours are not long, and will even go away when you are not logged in. You can also still play hot-join, just not ranked.

Just think about your teammates, due to you leaving / crashing, they have to fight a 4vs5 match, and that’s really a motivation killer for every other person out there.
99% of the time out there, people have the dishonorable debuff due to their own fault or technical problems at there own side => mostly not anets fault. If you continue to have technical problems, please visit the technical support forum or write a ticket directly at the support.

The whole ranked system will get a complete revision soon (next feature patch, probably end of march), and this will mostly include a new system for leaver.
On Monday a discussion / player feedback thread for the new league system is going to start in this forum. You are welcome to participate there (under “CDI / Collaborative Development”)

PS: Only writing this whole post, because you are new, hope you appreciate that.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: krow.4836

krow.4836

Last night the server crashed 4-5 times during a 1 hour play session. It’s been like that each prime time this week. Not all the crashes were the fault of ANET and this post was more about a 72 hour ban vs something more manageable like 6 hours as a first warning.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Last night the server crashed 4-5 times during a 1 hour play session. It’s been like that each prime time this week. Not all the crashes were the fault of ANET and this post was more about a 72 hour ban vs something more manageable like 6 hours as a first warning.

So, last night, after the first 2 times you crashed and weren’t able to enter back into the match you continued?

in PvP

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Yea in this case it isn’t his fault. A lot of servers were crashing, and I was actually sPvPing at the time. But since I’m not new I stopped trying sPvP after the first crash since I didn’t want to get dishonorable.

I think that with the recent nightly server crashes that Anet has had this week they should lighten up on the dishonorable debuff, or remove the 1 stack from everyone that dcs during a match when they crash like that.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

in PvP

Posted by: Systemthree.7640

Systemthree.7640

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I just don’t do ranked if i notice lag like that. You won’t get debuff from just one dc.

It is your own fault for keep queueing up despite the obvious server instability.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>