Dishonourable - rage quit punishment?

in PvP

Posted by: JonG.7206

JonG.7206

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1iwok3/dishonorable_mini_pets_motd_armors_and_much_more/

Recently data mined stuff apparently. If you scroll down to dishonourable it looks like some kind of afk/ rage quitting punishment is on its way.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

It’s Rift PVP all over again.

Are there any developers reading this?

This exact same issue creeped up in Rift about 16-20 months ago. Players would quit warfronts because they were losing, which resulted in a more lopsided finish.

The solution was to implement the “Deserter” debuff – that’s exactly what this “Dishonorable” debuff was.

However, there was a problem – matches where you had PuG vs Pre-made. Those games were an absolute slaughter, in favor of the pre-made team naturally, and they’d effectively farm the PuG team.

It was not fun and made the overall experience much less enjoyable. People quit.

Eventually Trion fixed this by implementing queue systems that prevented this kind of match up…. which eventually killed pre-made teams due to a lack of competition.

The moral of the story is this: When you implement this feature, please use sound judgement. Don’t punish players who want to leave a PuG v Premade game in the same manner you would punish players who leave more appropriately matched teams.

in PvP

Posted by: Debois Guilbert.6413

Debois Guilbert.6413

In a hot join match today there was a player on my team who spent almost the entire match dead at a capture point. Then there are the players who just stay at spawn for the entire match. I know it is hot join and not a rated match, but is that considered “honorable?”

Altoholic Luciana Delaluna, Ranger
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness
“This space intentionally left blank.” ~ Zork

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

What everyone has been playing now will become ‘Team Arena’ (group queue), and we will additionally add a ‘Solo Arena’ (solo queue). The ratings will be split, and each will have their own leaderboard. We’re also planning on shipping a couple other long-standing requests with Solo Arena that many have been waiting for. A blog post will go into details about everything.

in PvP

Posted by: Issues.5789

Issues.5789

What everyone has been playing now will become ‘Team Arena’ (group queue), and we will additionally add a ‘Solo Arena’ (solo queue). The ratings will be split, and each will have their own leaderboard. We’re also planning on shipping a couple other long-standing requests with Solo Arena that many have been waiting for. A blog post will go into details about everything.

This is coming soon guys; real soon; like 2015 soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Will the “dishonorable” debuff be arriving concurrently with this change (ideal), or prior (sub-optimal)? That is, is the debuff one of those “long-standing requests”?

If so, then Bravo! That is the optimal solution and avoids all the headache I witnessed first-hand with Rift’s implementation of the debuff.

(edited by Thedenofsin.7340)

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Cool. hopefully its sooner so we will know who will be the king of Solo Que, the most skilled person there is because he is adaptable and reacts well with any given situation. Solo Que king is also the most congenial tpvper there is, coz he will be required to be courteous and cordial to people that he doesn’t know for his team to feel comfy and perform well.

The Solo Que king is like the 6th man awardee, jelling well with 4 other people without any problems at an instant.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

The introduction of the solo arenas wont change now the frustration we´ve got past from fighting full premade teams.

If you really wana save this bad pvp you´ve got to créate excellent new game modes and completely focus on pvp for at least half a year.

otherwise say bye to the population, since its already dead.
also free 2 play mists, a must to increase population and enjoyment

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

i don’t understand the bad vibes. this is supposed to be a good news. for you will face a team without any advantages. mano y mano. i don’t need to list the advantages of a premade vs pug coz you know that.

Or maybe you’re sad coz you won’t noob/pug stomp anymore. yeah, winning feels good.. sometimes..

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

This is absolutely great news. Should have been in game since release but better late than never.

To respond to another post its already been hinted upon that the Mists will be one location across servers with multiple Overflows that you can join i.e. Overflow1, Overflow2, etc…. Will most likely be able to join certain Overflows at will. Probably won’t mix up NA and EU though.

in PvP

Posted by: dillius.2531

dillius.2531

Bought this game on release, came back only recently. Already quitting again due to the terrible state of sPvP, primarily due to this function and solo queue being missing.

This game has done more good for MOBA’s than anything the MOBA developers have ever done. One of if not the most popular MMO outside of WoW has treated its PvP with such insane disregard that it absolutely boggles the mind. I do not think I have ever so quickly decided to go back to DOTA/LoL from “taking a break to play another game” in the many years I have been a gamer.

Reyanna Archania – Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Bought this game on release, came back only recently. Already quitting again due to the terrible state of sPvP, primarily due to this function and solo queue being missing.

This game has done more good for MOBA’s than anything the MOBA developers have ever done. One of if not the most popular MMO outside of WoW has treated its PvP with such insane disregard that it absolutely boggles the mind. I do not think I have ever so quickly decided to go back to DOTA/LoL from “taking a break to play another game” in the many years I have been a gamer.

Err…if you want Solo Q…you should…um…how do I say this….“check back” ….. “soon”.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

Err…if you want Solo Q…you should…um…how do I say this….“check back” ….. “soon”.

You like to tease people heh? ^^
Anyway, I can assume a soloq leaderboard will come along with soloq mode…can’t I?

in PvP

Posted by: LiveSpartan.8206

LiveSpartan.8206

Anyway, I can assume a soloq leaderboard will come along with soloq mode…can’t I?

They already confirmed this it was in the Looking Ahead blog post Colin did Soloq and soloq leaderboard are coming

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Ya, those features go hand-in-hand, so we’ll release them together.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I hope this won’t cause problems for DCers.

NSPride <3

in PvP

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I hope this won’t cause problems for DCers.

It did in GW1 but tbh, if you frequently DC, is dishonourable your biggest issue?

It worked fairly well in GW1. You get dishonourable if you score 10 dishonour points or more. Dishonour points expired I believe 10 mins after you received them. You got 5 points for leaving a match, so if you left two matches within 10 minutes you couldn’t join again for 10 more minutes. You could also get points for being AFK. If you were AFK the entire match you got at least 10 points, you would also get two points for every person who reported you as “leeching”. If more than 50% of your team reported you (GW1 had PvP maps with 4-12 people on a team) you got at least 10 points. If less than half of your team reports you, the people who did will also get 2 points each (to stop false reporting). If you accumulated more than 10 points your dishonour status became a lot longer and seemed to take longer to expire.

If you commonly disconnect more than once every 10 minutes, you are a burden on your team and not really helping them out like you should be. You are also probably not having a very enjoyable experience in general.

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I’ve been playing War Thunder, tried to fly my plain to the horizon. Didn’t find the solo que or dishonourable there :p

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Cool. hopefully its sooner so we will know who will be the king of Solo Que, the most skilled person there is because he is adaptable and reacts well with any given situation. Solo Que king is also the most congenial tpvper there is, coz he will be required to be courteous and cordial to people that he doesn’t know for his team to feel comfy and perform well.

The Solo Que king is like the 6th man awardee, jelling well with 4 other people without any problems at an instant.

Haha, oh boy.

I like the self-humouring part (if i understood that right), but what a pity it is that you’re 1 year (too) late with such and similar features.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I am holding Jonathan on his word about the “soon” part of solo queue implementation. However, I would also like to comment on this gem:

Eventually Trion fixed this by implementing queue systems that prevented this kind of match up…. which eventually killed pre-made teams due to a lack of competition.

OK. So… what you mean is that in Rift premade teams got killed becouse they lost a constant stream of newbie PUGs to farm (served roasted)? And that was the lack of “competition”? Please tell me how stomping disorganized PUGs can be called a “competition”? If the game lacks people to form the competetive scene of skilled teams than I would say there is some underlining problem with the PvP system but this is a whole different issue from solo queues. If there are not enough organized teams to fill the team queue then Arena should think about how to bring more competetive players into the game. Matching PUGs with full premades and sending those PUGs like pigs to the slaughter is not an answer and never will be.

in PvP

Posted by: LuBu.7145

LuBu.7145

i have a brother who downloaded pretty much everything the internet had to offer and he was the reason i got this meaningless debuff, does Anet even consider people’s situations? obviously not with this so helpful and shallow feature, the epic " Dishonorable"….not all people leave because they wanted to leave, i got diconnected for like a minute (thanks to my brother) but when i got in, debuff was on…..care for the few others, for the million time some of us had problems when they got their debuff….fix your pointless problem Anet, none of you ever asked “what if people disconnected?” ? nobody at all?…such a shame really

and a side note: 12 hours is just way way too long…banned for like a day because of my brother….FML.

(edited by LuBu.7145)

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

If you dc 5 times in less than 3 days, and don’t reconnect, check you internet connection before making 4 more people lose matches (and rating) because you lag/dc.

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Posted by: Swampman.8921

Swampman.8921

A Guildy of ours and us were playing a PVP match and he DC’D and now is blocked for 24 hours, I completely agree with the new rules for rage quitting and support it, but what about this situation. 1 DC and your out??? Ruined our gameplay!!

in PvP

Posted by: Asahi.1487

Asahi.1487

nope, you need 3 points of dishonor before it blocks you, so your guildy had left more than 1 time. Deserved it

in PvP

Swampman.8921

Well he only plays with us and does not leave matches early. 1 DC!!!! So didn’t deserve it

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

This thread is FIVE MONTHS OLD.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: fugazi.5139

fugazi.5139

I have never left a match out of rage or any other reason. I was having bad weather, I dc’ed 3 times in a row and now I have dishonor for one day and half? Seriously? That is absurd. I play more than most people do and in all the time I have played, I’m sure it can be seen that I never left matches like that. And the length of the dishonor for the first offensive is absolutely absurd.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

And the length of the dishonor for the first offensive is absolutely absurd.

there is no special length for the first.
one stack lasts 72h and at 3 actual stacks you cannot join a rated match anymore as long as you have 3.

i think its fair and legit.
it may happen to me from time to time because of bad interwebs, but i’m fine with that

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

in PvP

Posted by: Freeelancer.2860

Freeelancer.2860

I dc’ed 3 times in a row and now I have dishonor for one day and half?

You “dc’ed” 3 times during a 36 hour period, not in a row. Fix your interwebz, PC or whatever else made you dc cough cough.

Also, nice job with necromancy, Swampman, and it is indeed 3 stacks before the game locks you out. If your friend is absolutely certain he didn’t leave 3 games in 72h period he should contact support.

in PvP

fugazi.5139

You “dc’ed” 3 times during a 36 hour period, not in a row. Fix your interwebz, PC or whatever else made you dc cough cough.

Also, nice job with necromancy, Swampman, and it is indeed 3 stacks before the game locks you out. If your friend is absolutely certain he didn’t leave 3 games in 72h period he should contact support.

I don’t know who you are but anyone that is anything in the tpvp or soloQ would know that I would never just leave a match. The first offense time is just to long. Just like everything else in Gw2 they overreact or under react to everything. They can never find a balance in between.

in PvP

Posted by: Sianon.3586

Sianon.3586

I don’t know who you are but anyone that is anything in the tpvp or soloQ would know that I would never just leave a match. The first offense time is just to long. Just like everything else in Gw2 they overreact or under react to everything. They can never find a balance in between.

But it wasn’t your first offence, it was the third offence in 36 hours, whether that be the weathers fault or not, it still affects your teammates. I don’t think its too harsh, I do think its unfortunate when you dc though rather than when people just leave.

(edited by Sianon.3586)

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

this thread is 5 months old

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

fugazi.5139

But it wasn’t your first offence, it was the third offence in 36 hours, whether that be the weathers fault or not, it still affects your teammates. I don’t think its too harsh, I do think its unfortunate when you dc though rather than when people just leave.

1.5 day for first offense is absurd. If you can’t see that, whatever. I could only imagine your views on other things.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

this punishment is fine and should teach people

in PvP

Swampman.8921

Thank You for the info and the compliment, I may show how little I know here, but how did you know I run a Necro. Have I played you?

in PvP

Swampman.8921

Is there a way people can view how many points are stacked against them? I don’t think I’ve ever DC’D in a match but I would like to know. Also overall I really think this is a good thing. I can see where it’s not full proof and some innocent folks are going to be affected but for the most part it’s worth it to stop the RAGE folks!!

in PvP

fugazi.5139

Typical ’Merica. Punish the innocent to teach the guilty. Jesus Christ.

in PvP

Posted by: Ursuletul Morocanos.2958

Ursuletul Morocanos.2958

This would work better if you gave us the option to chose what maps we want to play. In my case you are just forcing me to play Skyhammer when the maps comes up in SoloQ.
If you could chose the maps you want for soloq and still quit the the punishment would be ok but if you are forced to play a broken map like Skyhammer which you don’t like 2 times in a row you get punished for nothing. I thought the hole idea was to have fun playing the game not being forced into something you don’t like.

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

This would work better if you gave us the option to chose what maps we want to play. In my case you are just forcing me to play Skyhammer when the maps comes up in SoloQ.
If you could chose the maps you want for soloq and still quit the the punishment would be ok but if you are forced to play a broken map like Skyhammer which you don’t like 2 times in a row you get punished for nothing. I thought the hole idea was to have fun playing the game not being forced into something you don’t like.

Ressing a 7 month old thread, that is unrelated to Skyhammer, to complain about Skyhammer? Really?

If you want to pick the map, play hotjoin. If you’re playing for rewards, then you don’t get to pick. If you’re just looking to avoid Skyhammer but still get good rewards, enter team queue.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: The Primary.6371

The Primary.6371

It’s Rift PVP all over again.

Are there any developers reading this?

This exact same issue creeped up in Rift about 16-20 months ago. Players would quit warfronts because they were losing, which resulted in a more lopsided finish.

The solution was to implement the “Deserter” debuff – that’s exactly what this “Dishonorable” debuff was.

However, there was a problem – matches where you had PuG vs Pre-made. Those games were an absolute slaughter, in favor of the pre-made team naturally, and they’d effectively farm the PuG team.

It was not fun and made the overall experience much less enjoyable. People quit.

The moral of the story is this: When you implement this feature, please use sound judgement. Don’t punish players who want to leave a PuG v Premade game in the same manner you would punish players who leave more appropriately matched teams.

Guild wars 1 had a /resign command. Everyone in the team would type it, thus allowing the team to forfeit the match and leave the session without incurring the debuff or death count. For some reason it does not exist in gw2, even though it’s easy enough to implement.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I wish there was a way that I could give a dishonorable buff to ANET every time spirit watch or skyhammer come up in solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: Ursuletul Morocanos.2958

Ursuletul Morocanos.2958

Ressing a 7 month old thread, that is unrelated to Skyhammer, to complain about Skyhammer? Really?

If you want to pick the map, play hotjoin. If you’re playing for rewards, then you don’t get to pick. If you’re just looking to avoid Skyhammer but still get good rewards, enter team queue.

The main idea was that because of one map you can’t choose you could get dishonorable because you can get two in a row. Starting with this year I decided to no longer play that map just because I wouldn’t be fair to the other players. There are threads and threads about Skyhammer and yet Anet doesn’t do anything. If they don’t care why should I? And to make matters worst you may end up not being able to play spvp for one or more days because of dishonorable.
I play team areana when I have a team assembled and we are on TS. And also I like to play solo and team because they challenge you in different ways.

in PvP

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

The main idea was that because of one map you can’t choose you could get dishonorable because you can get two in a row. Starting with this year I decided to no longer play that map just because I wouldn’t be fair to the other players. There are threads and threads about Skyhammer and yet Anet doesn’t do anything. If they don’t care why should I? And to make matters worst you may end up not being able to play spvp for one or more days because of dishonorable.
I play team areana when I have a team assembled and we are on TS. And also I like to play solo and team because they challenge you in different ways.

So you think that you should be able to ragequit without getting dishonor because you don’t like one of the maps? How would that be fair to anyone else?

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in PvP

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

/resign function ftw, ohh wait doesn’t exist,…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]