Thiefs ruining balance again ? [Merged]

in PvP

Posted by: RinKyu.4317

RinKyu.4317

Makes me lol when people in this thread think that the stealth from Shadow Refuge breaks from going outside of it. You guys do know it was fixed to not do that, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Ember.4326

Ember.4326

Makes me lol when people in this thread think that the stealth from Shadow Refuge breaks from going outside of it. You guys do know it was fixed to not do that, right?

Makes me lol when you don’t even bother to log on a lvl 1 thief to test that if you leave shadow refuge before it fades (4seconds), your stealth breaks as soon as you leave the refuge area. You need to stay in full 4 ticks before you can leave if you want to keep your stealth.

Really, it’s hard to make a lvl 1 thief and go to mists to test this stuff out guys, really hard!

in PvP

Posted by: WhimsicalPacifist.2943

WhimsicalPacifist.2943

Makes me lol when you don’t even bother to log on a lvl 1 thief to test that if you leave shadow refuge before it fades (4seconds), your stealth breaks as soon as you leave the refuge area. You need to stay in full 4 ticks before you can leave if you want to keep your stealth.

Really, it’s hard to make a lvl 1 thief and go to mists to test this stuff out guys, really hard!

Five slots and eight classes makes this impossible at all times.

in PvP

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

This is why I hate thieves…. didn’t even have time to mist form 16,355 damage in 3 hits, and I only have about 14.5k life. But I guess its cool, because they die in 3 hits too right?

Attachments:

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

in PvP

Otaur.9268

Im so tired of going into a game full of thieves and they run around stealthed so you can’t even see them and kill you in 3 hits. Its NOT fun, and it is the stupidest thing I have EVER witnessed. How is this a Balanced game. Even with 3k Armor they do on average 5k+ a hit with Backstab. I will be in middle of 2 v 1 and not doing bad and BAM, insta-death from the unseen. This is absolutely pathetic Arena Net. Bring back Pre-BWE3 Balance, atleast the game was fun in Beta. Now it is just Flavor of the Month professions using the same Backstab build. You knew about this BEFORE last patch, yet you did nothing to fix this issue. Absolutely frustrating knowing we are being ignored…

I know previously in one of the Live Q&A’s one of you were playing a mesmer, one was playing an Ele, the Ele repeatedly died (think it was Jon Peters) this wasn’t due to his lack of skill, this is due to the Nerfs they through out BWE3. Im probably going to get banned from the Forums again for this, but this has got to stop. We feel like you are ignoring everything that is posted on here, and you only answer posts that have no relevance to the issues. And usually an answer is “Thread Merged – So we know where NOT to look.”

Done, I am trying so hard to like this game, waited so long for it, loved it in Beta, then it was ruined on Release.

in PvP

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

So you want to revert the game back to a build where the culling bug still existed in sPvP? Yeah right, this would definitely enhance your chances vs. Thieves

I’m not usually the guy to say this, but this is a l2p issue. With good map awareness it’s very difficult to be surprised by a Thief, their Stealth usually doesn’t last that long. And even if they do, you could pop a defensive cooldown or dodge immediately after getting hit by an unknown source.
If you have no def.cd available/ready or are running around with glasscannon gear&spec, then they should be able to kill you fast when adding into a 1v1. Nothing wrong with that imho.

in PvP

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

He was already 2v1 Socram. When it became 3v1 he died instantly as the thief tipped the scales and he’s angry about it.

You will get no sympathy nor support from me in your misguided belief that you should be able to 3v1 with or without 3k armor. You didn’t say what class you were playing and I’m seriously considering making up a scenario that fits your attitude but I will refrain from suggesting that you got too comfortable abusing mace 3 on your guardian in a long drawn out story.

in PvP

Posted by: Azadoras.2790

Azadoras.2790

This obviously is a learn to play issue.

You didn’t say what class you were playing and I’m seriously considering making up a scenario that fits your attitude but I will refrain from suggesting that you got too comfortable abusing mace 3 on your guardian in a long drawn out story.

Block-Bug has been fixed with the last patch, no more 5s blockings for guardians.

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

If u took some time to reply , u could atleaste to see his post history . Especialy his schreenshot in his 3rd post …

Ah well , having 3k Armor and taking huge amount of damage , its a L2P issue than something is broken :P

in PvP

Otaur.9268

So you want to revert the game back to a build where the culling bug still existed in sPvP? Yeah right, this would definitely enhance your chances vs. Thieves

I’m not usually the guy to say this, but this is a l2p issue. With good map awareness it’s very difficult to be surprised by a Thief, their Stealth usually doesn’t last that long. And even if they do, you could pop a defensive cooldown or dodge immediately after getting hit by an unknown source.
If you have no def.cd available/ready or are running around with glasscannon gear&spec, then they should be able to kill you fast when adding into a 1v1. Nothing wrong with that imho.

Edit: Sorry, I am an Elementalist, was running conditon/heal build at the time. I was doing fine versus 2 people, just keeping the point contested when I got jumped from full life to none instantly. I don’t care who you are, if you are watching 2 people and managing your heals/knockdowns/utilities, if you got smacked for over 15k in under a second, you wouldn’t be able to do anything.

This is not a L2P issue. This is from a different match, but it pretty much sums it up… Everyone keeps saying L2P, frankly, I only have problems with Thieves and Mesmers. I can spec Glass cannon if I want, matter of fact after making this post I said screw it, I die in 3 hits, I might as well do some damage. As of right now I am running a 20 20 0 10 20 build doing 1k – 5k dmg depending on the skill used. But that is only versus other people with glass cannon. If u cant out bunker them, then try to burst them before they burst you I guess.

And if you played Beta you would know what I meant by the Reverse balance. Back when Ele Fire Grab did 10k + dmg. We got nerfed almost instantly, but another class with just as much if not more survivability in glass cannon spec, doesn’t receive the nerf. At the very least, Ele’s have Cooldowns to make this kind of damage temporary… It is not spammable like initiative based attacks.

Attachments:

(edited by Otaur.9268)

in PvP

Posted by: Socram.6587

Socram.6587

This is not a L2P issue. This is from a different match, but it pretty much sums it up… Everyone keeps saying L2P, frankly, I only have problems with Thieves and Mesmers. I can spec Glass cannon if I want, matter of fact after making this post I said screw it, I die in 3 hits, I might as well do some damage. As of right now I am running a 20 20 0 10 20 build doing 1k – 5k dmg depending on the skill used. But that is only versus other people with glass cannon. If u cant out bunker them, then try to burst them before they burst you I guess.

And if you played Beta you would know what I meant by the Reverse balance. Back when Ele Fire Grab did 10k + dmg. We got nerfed almost instantly, but another class with just as much if not more survivability in glass cannon spec, doesn’t receive the nerf. At the very least, Ele’s have Cooldowns to make this kind of damage temporary… It is not spammable like initiative based attacks.

I played a lot of Structured in the BWEs with a Ranger and Engineer, and since release I play exclusively Elementalist (rank 26 atm, coming from about 95% Free Tournaments).
In this time I tested out a lot of builds, first with staff, then with d/d, which suits my playstyle a lot more.
When I tried berserker gear with a spec that was meant to burst down an enemy quickly, I got frustrated quite fast… I had almost no control over the fight, and other glasscannons with the initiative on their side or multiple enemies resulted in pretty much instadeath for me. Not very enjoyable and also not helpful for the team.
The best results in the tournament format I got with a well balanced setup as a roamer, meaning neither bunker nor glasscannon. 1v1 encounters work extremely well vs most enemies (especially glasscannon Thieves, stealth is imho not such a big survivability factor as you say it is) and sometimes you last long enough vs a superiority to get some help from teammates.

You might want to try this out yourself… adapting to the metagame and trying to find out a build that suits your playstyle is generally more rewarding than blaming the Devs (who, in my opinion, made a mostly well balanced game in it’s current state, definitely better than in the beta).

(edited by Socram.6587)

in PvP

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

This is exactly what I’ve been doing with every class now. It’s the only option. Either going full glass spec or full defense and healing…there is no in between. Hell, with my Guardian I have 14k/hp and 3400 power with the staff/hammer and 12 stacks of might. I need to spam every shield to stop one thief burst on me or a teammate. Sometimes it feels cheap that I’m knocking a single target around five to eight times, but then I remember I have to. I wish I could sacrifice some power for healing or defense;however, the Mesmer and Thief burst is just too high for me to even think about it. Might as well die in 3 hits and do a bit of damage than survive for 4 seconds and do nothing to your opponent. On the other hand, I’ve noticed a lot of players walking right through all my defenses (ele, too) without stability. I think Anet put survivability type classes that already had weak power (Ranger) in an awkward spot. They can’t have a great burst damage to compete and their defense tree/utility is often weak, too. These classes end up right in the middle with low armor and hp to top it off. Not a great way to balance a game when the hp and armor difference is so dramatic in a melee/dodge based combat system.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

(edited by Panther Chameleon.8465)

in PvP

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

Thieves are like the third less played class in high level sPvP.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

erhh what ? Oxygen … like every team in the top has a thief. I can make free statements as well. If you want to come with these kind of statements, back them up.
Last data I saw, thieves was in top3 as usual … (the data, that was posted on the forum).

in PvP

Posted by: Fletch.4603

Fletch.4603

I was doing fine versus 2 people, just keeping the point contested when I got jumped from full life…

Everyone keeps saying L2P, frankly, I only have problems with Thieves and Mesmers.

and this guy has the nerve to complain about other classes when in his own words he dominates 75% of the playerbase easily, even 2 on 1.

in PvP

Poxxia.1547

I was doing fine versus 2 people, just keeping the point contested when I got jumped from full life…

Everyone keeps saying L2P, frankly, I only have problems with Thieves and Mesmers.

and this guy has the nerve to complain about other classes when in his own words he dominates 75% of the playerbase easily, even 2 on 1.

Tanks do that … stays alive … that doesn’t mean they do a lot of damage. Ele’s make sacrifices as well, even if they aren’t tanks. If you build for conditions, you are supposed to stay alive for a while … nothing new, really?
@Socram: I tend to agree with you … balanced builds does work for me as well. Even when pugging or doing 8vs8 … you just have to know when to pull out and not overextend.

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

in PvP

Oxygen.5918

erhh what ? Oxygen … like every team in the top has a thief. I can make free statements as well. If you want to come with these kind of statements, back them up.
Last data I saw, thieves was in top3 as usual … (the data, that was posted on the forum).

Someone posted data showing that at level 1-10, thief was most played (which makes sense, people are horrible there and the seemingly “easiest” class will always be most popular); after level 30, theives fall just ahead of rangers and another proff I can’t recall.

So, yes, you’re right in your own pathetic vacuum.

didn’t move.

in PvP

Posted by: edamber.1549

edamber.1549

Mesmers are the real problem in sPVP. Their burst is far superior to thiefs.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

More nerfs? Please go ahead. I already deleted my character.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I vote they give both Mesmers & Thiefs a -50% dmg reduction, and make there main weapon a wet paper bag, and turn all there skills to “Your Still Stronger Then Rangers”.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Raytek.6193

Raytek.6193

Im so tired of going into a game full of thieves and they run around stealthed so you can’t even see them and kill you in 3 hits.

>First off, don’t look to 8v8 for balance. That’s your first problem. Thieves can’t “run around stealth” they have shadow refuge which is on a minute cooldown and stealths them for 10 second among a few other skills with provide short 3 second stealths.

Its NOT fun, and it is the stupidest thing I have EVER witnessed. How is this a Balanced game. Even with 3k Armor they do on average 5k+ a hit with Backstab. I will be in middle of 2 v 1 and not doing bad and BAM, insta-death from the unseen. This is absolutely pathetic Arena Net. Bring back Pre-BWE3 Balance, atleast the game was fun in Beta. Now it is just Flavor of the Month professions using the same Backstab build. You knew about this BEFORE last patch, yet you did nothing to fix this issue. Absolutely frustrating knowing we are being ignored…

>Yeah, 1v3 is usually instant death regardless of the class you’re playing.

Edit: Sorry, I am an Elementalist, was running conditon/heal build at the time. I was doing fine versus 2 people, just keeping the point contested when I got jumped from full life to none instantly. I don’t care who you are, if you are watching 2 people and managing your heals/knockdowns/utilities, if you got smacked for over 15k in under a second, you wouldn’t be able to do anything.

>Whatever build you were running must’ve been very squishy. A thief doesn’t hit you for 9k backstabs unless you’re a glass cannon. You got “smacked for over 15k in under a second” because you had bad awareness and didn’t anticipate the thief’s burst. If you had seen it coming you could have EASILY popped mist form/earth shield after the start of his burst and healed back up. You would have died with 3 people attacking you but it wouldn’t have been a 1 second insta-kill that I always here people complaining about.

>This isn’t a game balanced around 1v1s. With a bunker build you won’t kill anyone (you’ll eventually win a 1v1 against a glass cannon if they’re stupid and keep fighting you) and as a burst elementalist expect to have a hard time because your class doesn’t benefit much from speccing entirely into damage.

>It got nerfed instantly because it WAS OP. You’re forgetting that elementalists aren’t supposed to be played as glass cannons. You actually do have a lot of survivability and even as tanky-DPS aren’t focused first in fights. Fire grab was hitting way too high and that’s just a fact. Thieves have incredibly low survivability, they melt in team fights and can’t fight in melee range for very long before they’re focused and dead. Thieves have cooldowns too. Their burst damage is high but they rely on skills like Venoms/Steal/Haste to be able to do that burst. Much like 100b warrior, if they miss that they’ve basically lost a lot of their spike potential. Initiative on Thief is mainly used for for utility, not burst damage.

in PvP

Poxxia.1547

Someone posted data showing that at level 1-10, thief was most played (which makes sense, people are horrible there and the seemingly “easiest” class will always be most popular); after level 30, theives fall just ahead of rangers and another proff I can’t recall.

So, yes, you’re right in your own pathetic vacuum.

Strange .. we saw the same data and saw different results. Really .. you retort to some childish insults. I refer to the exact same data. Thieves were not horrible off in 30+, and in case you didn’t notice many high end guilds do run with thieves. No .. they are not stackable .. and yeah, that can be argued to be an issue.
Oh .. and btw: Those data were for 1821 matches. Exactly how many fights were over 30+ … I will let it hang there for you to figure out the importance of that.

in PvP

Posted by: Raytek.6193

Raytek.6193

Hard to judge from that data because you’re drawing it from people who for the most part don’t know how to play the game.

Basic roles in 5v5:
Back point holder (Guardian, Mesmer, Elementalist, Engineer)
Middle bunker (Guardian, Engineer)
High damage (Thief, Warrior, Engineer, Necro, Ranger, Mesmer)
Tanky damage (Warrior, Necro, Elementalist)
Condition damage (Engineer, Necro)
Support (Guardian, Elementalist)

People in free tournaments don’t put much thought into their team comp and it is almost never optimal.

How you want to throw your comp together is up to you, but make sure that it’s balanced and synergizes well.

(edited by Raytek.6193)

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

It got nerfed instantly because it WAS OP. You’re forgetting that elementalists aren’t supposed to be played as glass cannons. You actually do have a lot of survivability and even as tanky-DPS aren’t focused first in fights. Fire grab was hitting way too high and that’s just a fact.

> PPL could still pop their defensive cds or anticipate the air attument knockback
It had a telegraphic animation like warriors bull rush or Mesmers pets , and not istant like Thief Steal

Thieves have incredibly low survivability, they melt in team fights and can’t fight in melee range for very long before they’re focused and dead.

> Same with my Enginner and his Rampager Amulet . But ppl around here tell me to get the Soldier or go home :P

Initiative on Thief is mainly used for for utility, not burst damage.

> D/D 5th attack enables u to get in stealth :P
And u need to be behind or more than 181 degree angle of the target , so u can succefuly backstab
So its kinda used for burst damage :P

in PvP

Posted by: Zaviel.1245

Zaviel.1245

“Anet has heard your concerns about Thief bursts and after careful consideration we have decided to nerf Elementalists so some more to address the issue.”

I would have lol’d if you weren’t probably right.

in PvP

Posted by: Ember.4326

Ember.4326

Five slots and eight classes makes this impossible at all times.

delete one of the lvl 1 or 2 characters?

or if you leveled all 5 slots up, buy more slots? should have gold if you have 5 pve toons. Buy gems buy slots.

in PvP

Posted by: Gintoki.6405

Gintoki.6405

as someone who plays thief aswell as ele,engi,necro i would say that the steal/cnd/backstab/heartseek burst is op, and it was nerfed in a pointless way, personally i feel what needs to be done, is steal mechanic needs fixing abit, so cnd cant be cast during for a teleport stealth. generally i think the thiefs profession mechanic just needs a relook. i mean come on.. hit f1 every 45 seconds is the worst profession mechanic in the game.. it just feels ill thought out. that being said some builds on thiefs should be encouraged, some of the dual skills need sorting out, because yeah d/d glass cannons are boring to fight against even when on alot of classes they arent really much of threat and they easy to kill, they are boring lets face it. that being said i do enjoy playing pistol/dagger and i personally thing there should be abit more condition dmg weapon options, atm i find myself relying on venoms/pistol auto atk and sneak shot, and cluster bomb. now if trick shot applyed bleeding but slightly less base dmg that would be nice :P

Aurora glade [FURY] clan. Zetsu (zetsudai, zetsu mei, Zetsu Rounin)

in PvP

Otaur.9268

Im so tired of going into a game full of thieves and they run around stealthed so you can’t even see them and kill you in 3 hits.

>First off, don’t look to 8v8 for balance. That’s your first problem. Thieves can’t “run around stealth” they have shadow refuge which is on a minute cooldown and stealths them for 10 second among a few other skills with provide short 3 second stealths.

Its NOT fun, and it is the stupidest thing I have EVER witnessed. How is this a Balanced game. Even with 3k Armor they do on average 5k+ a hit with Backstab. I will be in middle of 2 v 1 and not doing bad and BAM, insta-death from the unseen. This is absolutely pathetic Arena Net. Bring back Pre-BWE3 Balance, atleast the game was fun in Beta. Now it is just Flavor of the Month professions using the same Backstab build. You knew about this BEFORE last patch, yet you did nothing to fix this issue. Absolutely frustrating knowing we are being ignored…

>Yeah, 1v3 is usually instant death regardless of the class you’re playing.

>Whatever build you were running must’ve been very squishy. A thief doesn’t hit you for 9k backstabs unless you’re a glass cannon. You got “smacked for over 15k in under a second” because you had bad awareness and didn’t anticipate the thief’s burst. If you had seen it coming you could have EASILY popped mist form/earth shield after the start of his burst and healed back up. You would have died with 3 people attacking you but it wouldn’t have been a 1 second insta-kill that I always here people complaining about.

>This isn’t a game balanced around 1v1s. With a bunker build you won’t kill anyone (you’ll eventually win a 1v1 against a glass cannon if they’re stupid and keep fighting you) and as a burst elementalist expect to have a hard time because your class doesn’t benefit much from speccing entirely into damage.

>It got nerfed instantly because it WAS OP. You’re forgetting that elementalists aren’t supposed to be played as glass cannons. You actually do have a lot of survivability and even as tanky-DPS aren’t focused first in fights. Fire grab was hitting way too high and that’s just a fact. Thieves have incredibly low survivability, they melt in team fights and can’t fight in melee range for very long before they’re focused and dead. Thieves have cooldowns too. Their burst damage is high but they rely on skills like Venoms/Steal/Haste to be able to do that burst. Much like 100b warrior, if they miss that they’ve basically lost a lot of their spike potential. Initiative on Thief is mainly used for for utility, not burst damage.

I was not in 8v8, I was not running a squishy build. If you took the time to read, 3k armor is a toughness / condition build. My point of this is the fact armor means absolutely nothing. Being in a 2v1, a lot of my utilities were on cooldown. The map was khylo, the thief was never visible for me to even ready a counter. I went from 75% life to 0 instanty. The image I provided is from a different match, but sums up what I dislike. I knew this thread would turn into a l2p thread, because those who like broken mechanics will defend those broken mechanics. Guess I will keep tweaking my build until I feel like we are on a level playing field.

in PvP

Posted by: Jackie.1829

Jackie.1829

Thieves exist to kill bunkers anyways, if we didnt have classes capable of bursting high numbers then bunkers would be immortal in tpvp and nodes would never flip in competitive play. It is already a fine line with some top teams running 3 guardians.

My only gripe is that the thief can execute the combo so easily. I rather the combo be possible but take more skill to produce so not everybody can do it but only the handful of really good players. I do agree that for hot join it kind of breaks the game because anybody can run around and deal massive damage but the players against them cant counter it due to inexperience (mind you I am saying the thief is also inexperienced, as is the average player in hot join, but the combo can be executed even by an inexperienced player).

Anet should seek to make the combo harder to execute in some way, but retain the damage output.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net
GW1 Rank 1 – 2 Gold Capes – [sC] [sup]

in PvP

Otaur.9268

Thieves exist to kill bunkers anyways, if we didnt have classes capable of bursting high numbers then bunkers would be immortal in tpvp and nodes would never flip in competitive play. It is already a fine line with some top teams running 3 guardians.

My only gripe is that the thief can execute the combo so easily. I rather ooo the combo be possible but take more skill to produce so not everybody can do it but only the handful of really good players. I do agree that for hot join it kind of breaks the game because anybody can run around and deal massive damage but the players against them cant counter it due to inexperience (mind you I am saying the thief is also inexperienced, as is the average player in hot join, but the combo can be executed even by an inexperienced player).

Anet should seek to make the combo harder to execute in some way, but retain the damage output.

Hmm, I like this solution… Make the combo more skill based and not a 2-3 button instant win.

in PvP

Oxygen.5918

Strange .. we saw the same data and saw different results. Really .. you retort to some childish insults. I refer to the exact same data. Thieves were not horrible off in 30+, and in case you didn’t notice many high end guilds do run with thieves. No .. they are not stackable .. and yeah, that can be argued to be an issue.
Oh .. and btw: Those data were for 1821 matches. Exactly how many fights were over 30+ … I will let it hang there for you to figure out the importance of that.

I missed the insult part, I’m sorry? Point it to me

I think the number of high level matches should speak for itself, at a level beyond thief popularity. A large number of people are clearly not interested in sPvP as it stands. An open mind could help.

didn’t move.

in PvP

Posted by: Reicta.2178

Reicta.2178

I felt like you do for a long time. I think the backstab stab build is too easy to pull off and that something should be done about their risk-free ability to escape. On my tanker characters thieves are fine, but I feel your pain when they utterly destroy glass cannons in the OPENING combo.

in PvP

Posted by: Joric.5376

Joric.5376

I play a lot sPvP, mostly hot-joining matches, some tournaments. What I learned is, that there are a few players, that are just experts in what they do, this includes offensive (Guardian eating enemies alive) as well as defensive playstyle (Elementalist outlasting 2 Thieves and kill them in the end). As a more casual player I tend to die to these experts… including the good Thieves.

And I see many people in the forums complaining about the fact, that they were killed by another player. A player, that (maybe!) just was better than they. To all these people: I think there are some pro players on your server too. People that can counter every thief or at least stand a fair chance. Find those and learn from them. Part of the whole thing is the classes, granted. But there are many other things to take into account: player skill, the special situation, cooldowns, buffs/debuffs, pure luck etc.

If you really feel, a high burst glass-cannon Thief is godly in sPvP… roll one and play a while. Any good player will be hard to kill if you don’t have the right “counter-build”. You will loose against any pro player, regardless of the enemies profession. And you will notice, that Thieves are just different, not OP.

Playing your “nemesis” class on your own was always a good way to learn it’s weaknesses and problems and that holds true for GW2.

Just crying for a nerf killed many good MMORPG games and chances are high that this behaviour will kill GW2 too. Please stop it so we can enjoy the game for some time.

just my 2 cents

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

We don’t really know enough about the fight the OP was in. Maybe he really was more skilled than those other 2 players and perhaps deserved to win. I’m not sure if anyone could pull it off against 3 though even if no thief was involved, it’s probably best to flee a 3v1 with no incoming support.

However, thieves do have damage that is too high and too easy to land. When I tried one I was dropping people like flies before I even knew what half my abilities did and used absolutely no utility skill. Building a glass canon thief and unloading your initiative on someone you tunnel vision is enough to drop him.

in PvP

Otaur.9268

We don’t really know enough about the fight the OP was in. Maybe he really was more skilled than those other 2 players and perhaps deserved to win. I’m not sure if anyone could pull it off against 3 though even if no thief was involved, it’s probably best to flee a 3v1 with no incoming support.

However, thieves do have damage that is too high and too easy to land. When I tried one I was dropping people like flies before I even knew what half my abilities did and used absolutely no utility skill. Building a glass canon thief and unloading your initiative on someone you tunnel vision is enough to drop him.

I was trying to wait for backup, I believe I was on mansion cap point right near enemy base. The point was to outlast the 2, but got insta-dead by a 3 button combo.

in PvP

Posted by: shadows wolf.6928

shadows wolf.6928

last time i checked this game did not want the perma stealth mechanic now its so kittening broken thieves only show up when there hitting you then poof gone becuse the so called anti stealth timer happens to be just about as long as it takes to render the kitteners thanks A net for kittening up a good PvP game and not patching or fixing jack kitten

and i fully expect the im going to magically be maxed out on infraction points after this post to later guys

in PvP

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Dude. the whole class is broken as hell!

WTF you can stealth in 2-3sec delay, SPAM your kitten 4-7k crits every 1sec ???
WUUTTT.

Whenever I use my kitten #1-2-3-4-5 skills, recharge time is like 5-9 seconds at least.
Whenever use my utility recharge time is like 30-90 seconds.

Whole sPVP is a joke.
Simple don’t play it.
Try to get pvp experience at WvW. that’s what I do too…

in PvP

shadows wolf.6928

WUUTTT.

Whenever I use my kitten #1-2-3-4-5 skills, recharge time is like 5-9 seconds at least.

Whole sPVP is a joke.
Simple don’t play it.
Try to get pvp experience at WvW. that’s what I do too…

lol there is no WvW my server is a “high” pop server yet we are kittening empty
the only servers that are still active in WvW are the locked ones….

in PvP

Posted by: SpecterMAT.7306

SpecterMAT.7306

Server transfer to a nice one.
I am on Fort Aspenwood now (i transfered at 8-10 am at GMT+1) for a week or two.
Good WvW, nice enemies.

in PvP

Posted by: Psikerlord.2569

Psikerlord.2569

Is this serious? OP is complaining about dieing in a 3v1? how about it’s ridiculously OP that an ele can outlast a 2v1 for a very long time. EVery class should be able to 1v1 every other class, that would be a balance. Jesus kittening christ. Bunker ele needs the nerf.

Having said all that, Anet should have added a .5 sec cast time to steal ages ago. The 33% nerf to CnD was about 1-2K on the bs burst build, which doesnt fix anything. Fast losing faith in this game.

(edited by Psikerlord.2569)

in PvP

shadows wolf.6928

Server transfer to a nice one.
I am on Fort Aspenwood now (i transfered at 8-10 am at GMT+1) for a week or two.
Good WvW, nice enemies.

would love to join ya but apparently instead of blocking my forum account they locked out my game account this time, so funny that ANet keeps tying to cover up bad PR

in PvP

Posted by: Gintoki.6405

Gintoki.6405

the rendering is only usually an issue in wvw.. you need to realise its not as easy as you think to play thief…. wvw is great and all but interms of learning about balanced pvp its no use really..

Aurora glade [FURY] clan. Zetsu (zetsudai, zetsu mei, Zetsu Rounin)

in PvP

shadows wolf.6928

the rendering is only usually an issue in wvw.. you need to realise its not as easy as you think to play thief…. wvw is great and all but interms of learning about balanced pvp its no use really..

LOL how ezey to play thief… it takes just a hair more skill than mezmer i know ive played them it took me all of 10 minits to look up a OP build and kitten face in PvP all you do is spam 1 button and dodge

in PvP

Posted by: Zeitti.9635

Zeitti.9635

LOL how ezey to play thief… it takes just a hair more skill than mezmer i know ive played them it took me all of 10 minits to look up a OP build and kitten face in PvP all you do is spam 1 button and dodge

You sir, try doing that in tPvP, see how you end up.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeitti.9635

Zeitti.9635

The problem is. Random noobs in sPvP run around with a full glass cannon build, 0 stun breakers, and a experienced thief strolls along, and 1 shots them. gg Then you see this kinda thread pop up, seriously? Pathetic if you ask me

in PvP

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

I still can’t understand how thieves still have the insanely repeated stealth during each encounter. They can re-stealth repeatedly and on short times.

Also, Why hasn’t the insanely fast teleportation across the map not been nerfed? Why are thieves the only class who can engage whenever they want and escape whenever they want? Isn’t it bad enough that they can initiate the combat on their terms? Let the thief class play on equal ground similar to the other classes.

How can you fight something you can’t see 50% of the time? What? Spam your AOEs – assuming they are PBAOE or AOEs- and hope you get lucky? Is this Anets idea of esport pvp?

Why are thieves allowed to stomp from stealth? This should be disabled. Anyone with common sense would see how ridiculous that is. Simple stealth preventing almost all the downed abilities from working?

Everytime I suggest to my friends to come try out pvp in GW2 they link me a thief video saying the pvp balance is a joke at the moment.

We have been asking for balancing for the class and we are still seeing these issues unaddressed.

Are we to assume that our options are either to roll a thief and call this thief wars or play another game since a broken class is considered acceptable months into the game?

(edited by XII.9401)

in PvP

Posted by: XII.9401

XII.9401

Um no..thieves are the easiest class to play. Anyone who played one and rolled ANY other class can say that if they are honest.

Its not about rendering issues, they can restealth so many times during a fight that fighting a thief now is a joke.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

WUUTTT.

Whole sPVP is a joke.
Simple don’t play it.
Try to get pvp experience at WvsW. that’s what I do too…

ROFL

1. This is NOT the dam WvsW forum so if you want to talk about WvsW go into WvsW section.

2. Experience in WvsW…lolwhat? Zerging around like chickens killing ppl with lv 30 gear, in a world where if you have the bigger zerg you win even if you suck? No skills, no everything…you buy sieges and nuke people to hell…profit, wow those are some amazing pvp skills… Are you serious? Really? Go Orr, it’s way more challenging than WvsW if you want to make experience, and you have also the same PvE skills that you have is WvsW (Amazing uh?)

3. Culling was fixed like…a week ago, just for you to know, because i think you’re so experienced that you don’t read patches…

Seriously go whine on WvsW’s forum with those bs permastealth topics, this is sPvP and you are in the wrong place.

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

blah blah blah

So we should limit player options to two specific professions? I’m guessing you’re Jumper X from Anvil Rock who regularly plays Thief, yes? Regardless, sure the Thief dmg is high and I’m okay with some of it…But the kittening stealth just takes all that is good in spvp mixes it with kaka (stealth) distributes it to the Mesmer and Thief. Now, we have two burst assassins with the strongest survivability (invulnerability/stealth) prancing around melee focused maps. Then, they go on the forums and tell other to L2P when the odds are indefinitely in their favor.

Tldr; Buying a new game? Make sure there isn’t stealth. No dev will ever get it right. Unless, you need a crutch…Mesmer/Thief strategy might be your thing.

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

in PvP

Posted by: Jumper.9482

Jumper.9482

Every class has a counter to glass cannons. I just picked the two easiest ones to execute to describe because the OP seems to not have played the game past rank 10.
Nor have you apparently. Well, maybe in another two months’ time you’ll figure it out.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Jump-s-Ultimate-PvP-Teef-Wishlist-Jump-Doc/
Winner of Curse’s NA Masters Tournament
twitch.tv/loljumper