in PvP

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

-Condition spam burst > pwr builds
-Invul/Block
-High Regen
-Multiple knockdowns
-Immbo immunity

Spvp-mode has become engi city right now.

Engis are becoming a problem

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

-Roll necro
-Nom all of these engi
-Profit

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Even I am finding them an issue and I run necro which used to farm engis haha

Who cares though. At least they kittening die. Way better meta than no skill, lyysa carried warriors and thieves who are all USELESS (skill wise) and yet all “top” players purely due to have 2 lives and ridic amounts of damage and sustain.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Who cares though. At least they kittening die. Way better meta than no skill, lyysa carried warriors and thieves who are all USELESS (skill wise) and yet all “top” players purely due to have 2 lives and ridic amounts of damage and sustain.

Uhhh… what type of eng v what type of necro? I don’t see why you should be having problems. My cond necro still rotflstomps engis… even more now that AR was nerfed and the lol increased fear duration.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

-Condition spam burst > pwr builds
-Invul/Block
-High Regen
-Multiple knockdowns
-Immbo immunity

Spvp-mode has become engi city right now.

Can you show me the engi build that has both condi burst and multiple knockdowns plz. Just curious.

in PvP

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Lel. I’ve only seen rank 6 warriors with sunrise or twilight all day.

elite specs ruined pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Weird, I literaly rofl stomp them even more now that AR is nerfed, and I was already able to kill them before nerf.

in PvP

Posted by: glaphen.5230

glaphen.5230

Engineer condition builds are fine because other broken condition builds can kill them, great logic in this thread.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Engineer condition builds are fine because other condition builds can kill them, great logic in this thread.

Fixed it for you. Back to hambow and evade spamming thief now, on your way !

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I think both Engi and Necro are a bit over the top. I think a big part of this is how much cover they have. Warrior aren’t half as powerful because each cleanse means so much more than against and Engi/Necro. Not much anyone can do about it unless they start remaking grenade abilities and changing some necro skills.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

(edited by ronpierce.2760)

in PvP

Posted by: cyn.6748

cyn.6748

The actual guard bunker build has so much difficulties against engis now.
I get kitten d only by one engi before the update I could stay alive on a point really easily.
Now I have to use my elite in like 10 sec and even after that I die. It’s really frustrating to fail like that, thoses engis got so much burn you can’t even clean it, it comes back again and again :’(

Guardians will play vertues build against condiburst like that for sure

Cynsocute – Guardian / Engineer – Otist Team [To]
Bunker Warrior:
http://intothemists.com/guides/3507-bunker_warrior

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

The sigil/rune changes give them so much more coverage and capability to burst out condis. Its a little over-the-top. Perhaps everyone needs to run generosity or something?

But, the condi-bursts are VERY real, and I am almost up to running ele 6-water (old 30 water) full condi-clear support build just to give a chance vs. these builds.

Then again, a lot of things are over-the-top right now.

The power creep is astranomical!

in PvP

Locuz.2651

People got so used to playing vs soloq teams filled with decap engineers. Now that most guys switched back to condi engineer ppl get caught off guard by the condi pressure.

The only thing that changed are the runesets. Specific runesets are really good and synergize really well with specfic engie builds and abbilities. They might be a bit over the top even.

Sigils didnt change for me at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Imo Engineers are the most overpowered class in the game and have been so for a while now. They just flew under the radar for a long time because the class itself was unpopular and took a little more finesse to master compared to your average Warrior.

But it’s a pretty broken class without any real counters. I’m not just talking about sPvP here which they have already turned into a mockery but WvW as well. I have mutiple classes and multiple builds and NONE of them can deal with an Engineer.

Engineers can do stuff no other class can or should be able to do. Their condition damage and their ability to kite people while CCing them is just a broken concept. It needs some serious revision.

A lot of their power though is derived from their ability to spam conditions without limit. If conditions ever are adjusted in a way, it should help keep Engineers in line.

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

But it’s a pretty broken class without any real counters

Nice troll. Try condition necro or any other condition class.

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

Dee Jay, condi-engineer is still pretty hard-countered by necros, who heal more while clearing condis on consume condis, and have 2-3 condi transfers.

Besides necros, engineers seem to have the upper-hand in almost every other fight. The new capability to take extra on-swap or on-crit sigils to improve condi-spread, combined with balthazar runes that turn IP into a 7s proc make them absolute BEASTS (7s burning guaranteed to apply every 10s is also OP as anything, combined with the kiting ability engies have vs. power builds).

Decap bunker engies also seem to be stronger now, and simply can’t be killed with power builds. However, necro is still the solution, it seems. Maybe some new builds could give them trouble, but it looks like you either bring a necro or are at a severe disadvantage.

Maybe generosity sigil will help?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Yes! I am so happy to see this thread. People laughed at me when I said that AR wasn’t going to solve the problem.

Where are all these people who were critical now????

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

Yes! I am so happy to see this thread. People laughed at me when I said that AR wasn’t going to solve the problem.

Where are all these people who were critical now????

People here are QQ-ing about condition engi, not decap engi.

in PvP

Posted by: Constantine.7812

Constantine.7812

Dee Jay, condi-engineer is still pretty hard-countered by necros, who heal more while clearing condis on consume condis, and have 2-3 condi transfers.

Besides necros, engineers seem to have the upper-hand in almost every other fight. The new capability to take extra on-swap or on-crit sigils to improve condi-spread, combined with balthazar runes that turn IP into a 7s proc make them absolute BEASTS (7s burning guaranteed to apply every 10s is also OP as anything, combined with the kiting ability engies have vs. power builds).

Decap bunker engies also seem to be stronger now, and simply can’t be killed with power builds. However, necro is still the solution, it seems. Maybe some new builds could give them trouble, but it looks like you either bring a necro or are at a severe disadvantage.

So what you all are saying is engi kills everything right? necro kills engi right? Doesnt this mean necro is the real problem here and not eng? Do you even listen to yourselves? Necro has same condi spam plus twice as much HP. Wake up guys and stop complaining about something all the time just because you have been killed by someone. You cannot have 1 build to beat every build.
I say necro is far more dangerous than engi. Also try to hit moving/evading target with grenade. Go on try it.

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

So what you all are saying is engi kills everything right? necro kills engi right? Doesnt this mean necro is the real problem here and not eng? Do you even listen to yourselves? Necro has same condi spam plus twice as much HP. Wake up guys and stop complaining about something all the time just because you have been killed by someone. You cannot have 1 build to beat every build.
I say necro is far more dangerous than engi. Also try to hit moving/evading target with grenade. Go on try it.

Hahaha, 7s incendiary powder makes all your other arguments invalid, on top of all the easy cover condis you get.

The point is, this game is clearly going to devolve into engies beating everything, necros taken to counter them, maybe staff eles to condi clear, but if they can’t keep up just more condi spam, and a thief to decap.

Hitting grenades on a moving target isn’t really hard, especially fighting on-point. People who main engineer like to pretend there is some black magic behind it, when its really just learning how players move and projecting their location.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Hahaha, 7s incendiary powder makes all your other arguments invalid, on top of all the easy cover condis you get.

The point is, this game is clearly going to devolve into engies beating everything, necros taken to counter them, maybe staff eles to condi clear, but if they can’t keep up just more condi spam, and a thief to decap.

Hitting grenades on a moving target isn’t really hard, especially fighting on-point. People who main engineer like to pretend there is some black magic behind it, when its really just learning how players move and projecting their location.

“I predict that they will… Try to stand in the circle! Wtf, #Genius”

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Poplolita.2638

Using your logic. I don’t how you came with : A kills BCD, E kills A. Therefore, E is broken. What kind of argument is that?

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

But it’s a pretty broken class without any real counters. I’m not just talking about sPvP here which they have already turned into a mockery but WvW as well. I have mutiple classes and multiple builds and NONE of them can deal with an Engineer.

WvW is an entirely different beast and the fact that you derived your opinion of condi engis from WvW is crazy. Condi engis in WvW are just stupid, just like the game mode’s balance itself.

Well it’s the hardest, most common skillshot in the game… It’s also punishing if you miss comparing to what it would do if it hit. Land more grenades, deal more damage. Land none and you may as well be afk.

The main reason why condi engis are MUCH more broke than before is because of balthazar runes. 45% burn duration = 7s IP. 7s IP wasn’t even possible to get prepatch. 6 second IP required major sacrifices.

Another thing to keep in mind is how the new sigils benefit engis quite possibly more than any other class. Engis have always been able to take the best advantage of on-swap sigils and adding another doesn’t help things.

Honestly at this point balthazar just needs to be converted to a power rune and things would settle down at least a bit.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Honestly at this point balthazar just needs to be converted to a power rune and things would settle down at least a bit.

Offtopic: please don’t do this or my speculation buy order is going to be 100% ruined.

in PvP

BlackBeard.2873

Well it’s the hardest, most common skillshot in the game… It’s also punishing if you miss comparing to what it would do if it hit. Land more grenades, deal more damage. Land none and you may as well be afk.

I’ll agree that landing them does take some skill, but so many engies act like its something that is so hard to do. Its really the same as landing staff ele damage, in that it is telegraphed and has travel time, so you have to know and predict your opponent. That being said, landing grenades isn’t something that takes years of practice is my point. Skill required – yes. Incredible challenge that only master’s can comprehend – no.

The main reason why condi engis are MUCH more broke than before is because of balthazar runes. 45% burn duration = 7s IP. 7s IP wasn’t even possible to get prepatch. 6 second IP required major sacrifices.

Another thing to keep in mind is how the new sigils benefit engis quite possibly more than any other class. Engis have always been able to take the best advantage of on-swap sigils and adding another doesn’t help things.

I agree 100% with this. there is no sacrifice for getting such unreasonably long burns (and even just 4s every 10 was REALLY strong by the time you factored in +30% from Explosives). Combine balthazar with sigils and traits that instantly give tons of cover condis, and a profession that once required skill has just become faceroll due to its extreme power.

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

Offtopic: please don’t do this or my speculation buy order is going to be 100% ruined.

Funny thing is, they were power runes before the update.

in PvP

Posted by: Brigg.6189

Brigg.6189

engi and necro condi meta is back

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

I wonder how it’s back. Engi never were in the meta.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

I’ll agree that landing them does take some skill, but so many engies act like its something that is so hard to do. Its really the same as landing staff ele damage, in that it is telegraphed and has travel time, so you have to know and predict your opponent. That being said, landing grenades isn’t something that takes years of practice is my point. Skill required – yes. Incredible challenge that only master’s can comprehend – no.

I agree 100% with this. there is no sacrifice for getting such unreasonably long burns (and even just 4s every 10 was REALLY strong by the time you factored in +30% from Explosives). Combine balthazar with sigils and traits that instantly give tons of cover condis, and a profession that once required skill has just become faceroll due to its extreme power.

It’s faceroll at the moment for sure. But comparing staff ele damage to nades is a little overboard…

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

in PvP

Uhtameit.2413

He’s not comparing the damage, just the gameplay.

in PvP

Posted by: Hype.8032

Hype.8032

I noticed engi’s and necros being over the top pretty quickly. I thought anet would finally rid us of MM… sadly it didn’t happen. All this powercreep is making it so thieves get practically one shot by condi bunkers.

Tualek & F I Monk / Thief —-- Tk E / Engineer
Highest Solo Queue Rank Achieved: 40
Highest solo-join Team Queue Rank Achieved: 198

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Engies can now burst me down instantly with conditions, death report reads 50+ hits of 3 forms of condition damage but its basically instant death.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Ever saw an engie that wasn’t an asuran btw ?

in PvP

Posted by: Theologus.7085

Theologus.7085

Sorry for my english
What has changed since 10 December for condi engi? Or earlier?
Balthazar runes + IP – ok, its OP. But what else?
Rabid grenade engi always has been very strong (maybe not condiburst, but best condi stacking).

Sorry for my english, guys. I try.

in PvP

Posted by: Logicx.5832

Logicx.5832

Meh it all depends on how well you play your class and how well you know the other class.

I play engi, not because they’re “OP” but because it’s fun and it took me a while to get it. I (personally) think that Engi was one of the more difficult classes to master (but that’s just my personal opinion). I had trouble against necro’s, but by playing engi a lot I could beat almost any class. I just think it’s all about knowing your enemy and your own class.

I also play other classes and I’ve been able to beat engis, not all, but most (since I know the class so good myself I suppose).

Zwartwerk – Human Mesmer
Gandara [EU] – Old & returning player

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

So true. Invisible telegraphs.

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: Constantine.7812

Constantine.7812

Using your logic. I don’t how you came with : A kills BCD, E kills A. Therefore, E is broken. What kind of argument is that?

I ll explain it just for you then. A is condi spam, E is condi spam, A meets E and E wins, meaning E is more dangerous condi spam with twice as much HP. Is this logic enough for you now? Good.

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

It’s not like engis got a huge buff except balth, the real problem is that wars dont faceroll them anymore and thiefs got an even harder time. Both classes didnt get nerfed extremly but lyssa is gone aka. a full cond cleanse. Necros and engis werent seen often latley due to wari, they always were strong but had a very hard time agains war. With lyssa gone no1 has a chance against all the conds flying ’round…

in PvP

Poplolita.2638

I ll explain it just for you then. A is condi spam, E is condi spam, A meets E and E wins, meaning E is more dangerous condi spam with twice as much HP. Is this logic enough for you now? Good.

???
Necromancer counters engi because of their unparalleled condition control… Come back to earth.

in PvP

Posted by: Myst.5783

Myst.5783

I really, really, really hate the new turret bubbles.

1.) Bubbles in this game infuriate me.

2.)They are way too spammy.

Not to mention condi engies are a massive kitten.

Currently playing: Mesmer/Ele/Theif
JQ

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Theyre side effect of the smartaas concept. same as charriors

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

???
Necromancer counters engi because of their unparalleled condition control… Come back to earth.

Yup. You could win with a power necro vs condi engie, if you land dagger and staff #4. That doesnt make power necro condi spam

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Djazz.4786

Djazz.4786

I really, really, really hate the new turret bubbles.

1.) Bubbles in this game infuriate me.

2.)They are way too spammy.

Not to mention condi engies are a massive kitten.

haha so much hate to engi in here….
first some of you guys wanted AR nerfd it happend..
now u want condi engi nefd..?
now ure complaining about turret build also?

just grow a pair of —-
try to make a build that counters it.. make some new tactics..

and the bubble’s only last 4 sec.. common..

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

There’s enough builds that counter condi engi. This is another L2P thread…

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in PvP

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

“The meta is changing and I don’t like it! My build doesn’t own anymore! Please nerf the other guy!”

This thread. Much win.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Played a bit of a trollish full glass power BM ranger. It literally 3 shots most engineers and necros if you have CDs up, Meanwhile you sit on a safe ledge a mile away due to the insane range. Both the pet and myself can do multiple 5-8k crits in a row np.

The only issue is if the oposing team had a decent thief. The rest was quite manageable.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: Exile.8160

Exile.8160

to me conditions are getting out off hand (more than it already was) since the patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

Condi engis were a problem before the meta shifted to Hambows etc. But no one used them anymore because of the meta.
The problem was still there.

As most people have been mentioning Balthazar Rune needs a slight tone. Same for Burn as a whole. the damage is out of control for the ticks a burn does.

Just reducing the base condition tick on burn would be enough.
You already gave guardians a % tick increase on it. if it scales properly guardians will not notice a thing.
As for everything else. not much to say.

(edited by Nhalx.9735)

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

Condi engis were a problem before the meta shifted to Hambows etc. But no one used them anymore because of the meta.
The problem was still there.

As most people have been mentioning Balthazar Rune needs a slight tone. Same for Burn as a whole. the damage is out of control for the ticks a burn does.

Just reducing the base condition tick on burn would be enough.
You already gave guardians a % tick increase on it. if it scales properly guardians will not notice a thing.
As for everything else. not much to say.

I don’t think that reducing the strength of burning as a whole would be the most beneficial fix to the current problem. The main issue is that condi engis have taken a whole new level of broken because of balthazar and the sigil changes. Any nerfs to anything but balthazar or sigils with regards to engis would probably harm other classes unintentionally

While it’s really difficult to fix sigils on engis, it’s not the serious issue. Balthazar runes giving a burn duration that was impossible to achieve pre-patch, even with major sacrifices in your build, is the main issue.

There needs to be a swift nerf on a-nets part to these runes. I would take care in calling for nerfs to engis before these are fixed. It simply has too much burn duration in addition to the condi damage. I would hope that they consider nerfing the burn duration to 15%. Even better would be converting balthazar to a power rune like it was previously to prevent the condi it supports from getting out of hand.

With even a 20% burn duration and condi damage balthazar would be overpowered because it would make IP tick for 6 seconds at a 50% total burn duration for explosives engis.

Until they do something, prepare your anus for engis everywhere…

in PvP

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Engi needs to be “toned” down period.

Condi as a whole needs to be “toned” down as well