How's matchmaking now?

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Updated the matchmaking algorithm to better match new players.

This was the most interesting part of the patch notes for me. Anyone seeing any better matchmaking since the patch? I’m at work so I can’t test it right now.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: xehn.3420

xehn.3420

nothing changed.

Attachments:

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

nothing changed.

rofl thats it. no more gw2ing till the next patch i guess

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Wizzy.7910

Wizzy.7910

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8835/gw092e.jpg

to me its only gone worse lol..other team around top 100..and our team soloq with..well not so high ranks

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Pandabro.8743

:( that’s really disappointing.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

Well, u can patch whatever u want, but if there is only 6 low skill level players queueing, you can either make them wait or put them in som games.
No match-making system can make up for a low playerbase.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Pandabro.8743

Well, u can patch whatever u want, but if there is only 6 low skill level players queueing, you can either make them wait or put them in som games.

I think I’d rather wait longer to have a more even match than get placed into a game instantly. Honestly que times seem very fast for the amount of miss matched games I’ve had.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Baldric.6781

Sure, but how much will you wait, 10 minutes, 20, 30 ?
What about a rank 1 that starts playing, will he wait 10 minutes ? Or will he stop queueing and go play something else ?

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

The matchmaking is the main reason nobody is queuing for sPvP. I know a lot players including myself that stopped queuing weeks ago. Queing solo is almost guaranteeing a loss with the mismatched teams, partial teams, and ragequitters / leavers. Its ladder suicide.

Solo queue was more fun and more popular Before the leader boards came out. I would happily wait up to an hour to get queued into an all solo vs solo evenly ranked and rated match. I doubt however that it will take anywhere close to that long though. The matchmaking system has to take Rank into consideration. Its the only way to avoid getting paired up with utterly useless noobs. I’ll take a less skilled rank 42 over a more skilled rank 2 any day. The experience, role recognition, profession strength and weakness understanding, map memorization, and map strategies is crucial.

Bottom line, fix match making and more people will queue thus solving the low population concern you’re having.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Pandabro.8743

What about a rank 1 that starts playing, will he wait 10 minutes ? Or will he stop queueing and go play something else ?

Sure, the devil’s in the details, but I’m pretty sure there is a system that finds a good balance and I was hoping this patch would make some progress on that.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Theplayboy.6417

Who cares how long a Rank 1 waits or doesn’t wait. He should never be queued into the same match as us and the Rank 1 should be playing hotjoin not tourneys anyway. At least to learn the maps and create/understand how to play a build that works in sPvP.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: DevO.9854

DevO.9854

I found it better, much more even skill wise. During the day time it will be sketchy regardless because of lack of players. I suspect at night it will work rather well.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Looking at those pictures only tells me, you got a solo que team with a low rank player vs a premade. Now how the hell is solo que suppose to beat a premade if one or two of there players don’t even know how to play that well?

If it was Team 1 has a rank 5 and rank 40s vs a Team 2 with a rank 6 and rank 40s with both teams being solo que I could understand but a solo que with low rank vs premade aint nothing reasonable about that, its game already, that’s why you have people leave and quit.

Solo que shouldn’t be playing premade period. But if they have to, your current algorithm is unacceptable, there should be no reason why a low rank would be in a high ranked match.

As far as waiting goes, I’d rather wait till another high rank joins rather than have a low rank. Having a low rank join a high ranked match will just make everyone quit the game for the day, would you rather have 1 guy quit the game “the low rank” or have 5 people quit the game “the team with the low ranked”. Have 1 bad apple spoil all the other apples, or you just toss that bad apple out of there. Anet developers CHOSES 1 bad apple spoils all the other apples, that’s why people are flustered and quitting.

(edited by uberkingkong.8041)

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkle.4013

Nikkle.4013

Devils advocate: Those players could have played there first match prior to the patch and had a high rating. Without having actually having the algorithm all we can do is speculate as to the problem. I remember playing my first ranking matches in starcraft 2 against a diamond player and going wtkittend of match making is this? Sometimes they need high variation to give people proper ratings off the start. Its a problem in team games where someone else is involved in this process.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

to me its only gone worse lol..other team around top 100..and our team soloq with..well not so high ranks

Haha best. You also captured my rage

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

A reason why I rarely soloQ. How can a good premade as twg face a soloQ-grp?
Totally broken.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Horo.7395

Horo.7395

thank you kind sir for saving my time from logging in this “e-sport” game

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Haha best. You also captured my rage

I wonder if there cursing in german or whatever language that is. Also wonder if GW2 filters bad german words, well if german language has any words similar to F word, B word, A word, N word.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

Im entering to a lot of matches that have 0 vs 0 then it turns out to be 1 vs 2, 2 vs 2 , i even did one 1 vs 1 … i dont know what they did to the match making but i think they broke it.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

Totally broken.

ofcourse no other premade is queing at this time, or at least only lower ranked premades than the soloQ ranked group :-) Anet only told they want to increase the LB’s for working better, but they didn’t say there will be a seperated split for solo and premade que.

Thats the point, the playerbase is too low for a split que, we all saw it during the paid tournaments were online, huge queing time until game start.

At least yesterday, after the patch, we also got longer que times vs high tier teams than in the past… Example, a week ago, if 2 top20 LB Teams are queing, you had an instant pop for the tourney, yesterday after this patch, we weren’t able to get a pop up in less than 5minutes vs top 20 players.

Give the paid tournaments back like the old premade system without!!! any pay admission, give a interesting winning reward that players are supposed to build teams and than the solo Q games could be seperate fully. The mistake at the paid tournament was just the word “paid”, free joining and lower reward like in past and thats it. ppl also are focused on $, thats the way you get the missed playerbase into, maybe think about the Gem reward again.

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

(edited by prozon.3561)

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Totally broken.

ofcourse no other premade is queing at this time, or at least only lower ranked premades than the soloQ ranked group :-) Anet only told they want to increase the LB’s for working better, but they didn’t say there will be a seperated split for solo and premade que.

Thats the point, the playerbase is too low for a split que, we all saw it during the paid tournaments were online, huge queing time until game start.

At least yesterday, after the patch, we also got longer que times vs high tier teams than in the past… Example, a week ago, if 2 top20 LB Teams are queing, you had an instant pop for the tourney, yesterday after this patch, we weren’t able to get a pop up in less than 5minutes vs top 20 players.

The 3-round paid tournaments weren’t working because of the high entry-fee of 5 tickets, which is similar to win 4 3-round free-tournaments + the daily-reward-ticket. Besides that the rewards were a bad design.
The 1v1 on the other side had nearly everytime Qpops in under a minute.

To the topic: It’s fine to not split the qeues because of the low playerbase, but come on . . . a r1 paired into this? I’m sure there are other ppls qeueing at this time who were above r1.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: prozon.3561

prozon.3561

edited the post during yours, the failure is visible… buts thats the way to fix it fast in a couple of days…

I actually dont know how many players queing during the primetime, but the devs have this informations. The thing is, if 2 top tier teams are in the que, they always will met each other for sure! For this point, the MM must be working! Other option for these unserios rated games in my opinion can only be a small playerbase… You need 2 equal ranked grps during this 7minute que time, if not enough are in the que, the system still pics up 2 teams

www.twitch.tv/mufasapk

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

edited the post during yours, the failure is visible… buts thats the way to fix it fast in a couple of days…

I actually dont know how many players queing during the primetime, but the devs have this informations. The thing is, if 2 top tier teams are in the que, they always will met each other for sure! For this point, the MM must be working! Other option for these unserios rated games in my opinion can only be a small playerbase… You need 2 equal ranked grps during this 7minute que time, if not enough are in the que, the system still pics up 2 teams

The idea is good and many players wish this feature. There are many unexperienced/casual teams which are, let’s say “beatable” , for full soloQ-teams and that’s totally okay. But if I face for eg. TCG (which I did twice) during soloQeueing this is something different.
There are about 10 teams which I can call competitive enough to not loose against a soloQeue-team. And to seperate those 10, there is a daily tournament needed to draw in these competitive teams. Would definitely improve the feeling of “high-end-solo-qeuers”.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Insyder.3871

Insyder.3871

It’s not right to place people who just started playing spvp with people who have been playing for a long time just to be crushed. I would think that it would be a big turn off for new players as well. Anet acknowledges this, but their “fix” is flawed, imo.

I think there should be a rank limit when you can queue for ranked tournaments. 10? 15? 20? I don’t know. but this is how it’s done in most of the games. You need to level up first to max level before you can pvp with/versus max level people. In GW2 there are no requirements, random Joe from the street can fight Muhammad Ali for the title just because matchmaking couldn’t find anyone else for him to fight.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

It won’t be fixed until there’s a split between team/solo and a rating sweep. Then things can settle. I just think it’s too messy atm.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

It’s not right to place people who just started playing spvp with people who have been playing for a long time just to be crushed. I would think that it would be a big turn off for new players as well. Anet acknowledges this, but their “fix” is flawed, imo.

I think there should be a rank limit when you can queue for ranked tournaments. 10? 15? 20? I don’t know. but this is how it’s done in most of the games. You need to level up first to max level before you can pvp with/versus max level people. In GW2 there are no requirements, random Joe from the street can fight Muhammad Ali for the title just because matchmaking couldn’t find anyone else for him to fight.

And then most people will have quit before reaching tht rank because of Hotjoin idiocy. This might happen.

I agree something has to be done, though.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

And then most people will have quit before reaching tht rank because of Hotjoin idiocy. This might happen.

r10 is done in a maximum of a week? It’s not about zerging, but rather that a r1 doesn’t even have a knowledge how conquest works or how the map iz structured. It would be better to force the player to know the individual maps first before he actually jump right in the more competitive mode called tournaments.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Insyder.3871

Insyder.3871

I don’t know what you mean by “hotjoin idiocy”, but I doubt new players will know how better or worse tpvp then spvp is, if they don’t have access to tpvp in the first place. Having a rank limit will give people goal of reaching that rank so they can do tpvp. It doesn’t mean they will quit if something is not available to them from the start.

I played League of Legends (before gw2 came out) and non-ranked matches never deterred me from reaching max level so I could do ranked matches. And I bet lots of people thought the same as me, seeing as there a lot of max level people who played the game. It’s not just about one particular game. In Aion my goal was to get max level and best pvp gear, best enchantments so I could have the most advantage I could in pvp. Having a goal and working towards that goal is what makes me want to play a game. A game with no goal can be fun for a while, but it gets boring really fast. Well, I’m just rambling now. My point was that having a rank limit is a goal that people will work towards if it’s not too painful that is (cough Legendary cough). I highly doubt people will quit over some “hotjoin idiocy” if they really want to tpvp.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Still sux..obviously..

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

my take on all this:
give the new matchmaking a few days to a week before making a judgement.
be aware that offpeak times may have high leniency to match a large variation of rank / experience
they have talked about in forums and on sotg there is a plan to implement solo q team split…and also its high on their priority lists…once that comes in effect we’ll see a large increase of pvp’ers i believe.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

they have talked about in forums and on sotg there is a plan to implement solo q team split…and also its high on their priority lists…once that comes in effect we’ll see a large increase of pvp’ers i believe.

let me guess…whan it’s ready…?

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Totally broken.

Give the paid tournaments back like the old premade system without!!! any pay admission, give a interesting winning reward that players are supposed to build teams and than the solo Q games could be seperate fully. The mistake at the paid tournament was just the word “paid”, free joining and lower reward like in past and thats it. ppl also are focused on $, thats the way you get the missed playerbase into, maybe think about the Gem reward again.

As I was in the game posted in the screenshot, I can tell you that the queue time was a couple of seconds. For now maybe only Iisey and Mogwow doing more solo q – My experience is that solo q teams play rarely against each other. Often its the case that Good premades are playing against good solo q groups and bad premade will play against mixed solo q (1-2 r45+ plus r1-10). Classes are not taken into account.
I tested the system in about 10 games yesterday and I can really tell – Nothing changed. And as a experienced player you get frustrated the way some lower players playing the game. The first couple of games I told the players what there role is, however actually I have rank where I dont want to talk about really basic stuff (like please dont kill svanir/chieftain at the beginning).
Actually the MMR system deteriorated my Pvp experience in general. I mean I wait up to 15 minutes to get ranked against players r40-45 and my team is a good mix out of everything. 7 Months ago the same happened but the queue time was at least much shorter.
They always talk they want to improve PVP but nothing changed in 10 months. All incentives are gone and players are begging for new rewards since months- Devs only say “Its on our priority list” but a shout caster program is more important than satisfying the general player base.
And Empa is right Paid Tournament failed due to high entry costs, which also led to the high q times – You had to win at least first round if you didn’t want to pay for the competitive experience BUT instead of lowering the tickets costs to 3 tickets they removed it completely and two weeks later most of the competitive teams were gone because they were too lazy to implement a compensation for the lack of incentives. They think giving some t-shirts or in game gold will healthen the scene but at the end of the day MiM, TCG or Paradigm will have 10 GW2-T-Shirts in their closets and the average player base has nothing from that.

So enough Rage ;-) but I think posts like have to open the eyes of all developers. I believe Karl, Colin and John are passionate pvp players but they dont get support from other devs at Arenanet. They really have to change their strategy otherwise, from what i have seen, the other NCSoft MMO will make the game in terms of pvp.

(edited by HPLT.7132)

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Empathetic Fighter.2065

The biggest mistake they made in terms of competition was actually the outtake of the 3-round paid-tournaments. From then competition was for 3 months not existing. Seems like reducing the entry fee to 3 tickets was too difficult for them to handle. Instead they brought up 1-round-tournaments, which were more about a grind-fest and which team had more time to play.
At least they recognized that tickets in this system had no value anymore for the 1-round-paid-tournament. And now we have free-1-round-tournaments. Everyday, on and on. It is so interesting, really.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

^They just need to implement the Automated tournament structure. They talked about it at launch, but i’ll guess we’ll never get it… It would be a good way for some consistent tournaments with better rewards and a natural easy way to get more teams forming.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

Who cares how long a Rank 1 waits or doesn’t wait. He should never be queued into the same match as us and the Rank 1 should be playing hotjoin not tourneys anyway. At least to learn the maps and create/understand how to play a build that works in sPvP.

Who cares U ask? clearly NOT you. Everyoe gets that some people don’t want to play with newbs. But the ENTIRE existing player base should care IF they want to sustain/create a growing player base…

I’m just a lowly deer (darn I didn’t start PvP early enough to have high enough rank at this time to compete against you). So with the NEW algorithm , most of my matches now are just 1v1 or 1v2 (not enough newbs like me online apparently). So to your point about “create/understand how to play a build that works” actually STEERS NEWBS into excluding those classes that are less viable soloing & instead favor thief or mes in order to gain ranks to play with non-newbs. Case in point, I’ve now witnessed (more than a few times) that the tactic used to win matches for the other classes (less viable for soloing) in 1v1 matches have deteriorated into just cap & try to outrun…

I absolutely applaud Anet attempt to incorporate aglorithms segregating the PvP community to address EVERYONES concerns. I personnaly don’t want to spend my available liesure gaming time just… waiting/queing. When new players MUST wait, they WILL just leave to do ANYTHING else and therby reduce the available player pool on an ongoing basis.

TL/DR:

An alternate segregation could be to allow players of any rank to CHOOSE whether they’re willing to be be matched with various ranks (high or low). Those selecting the unwilling option will ONLY be matched with close ranks, those selecting the willing option will be matched more broadly. A simple check box in the pvP browser should be sufficient to determine which algorithm gets used for matchmaking…

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

If you are in a 1v1 tournament that is a bug or 4 people quit or you are not talking about tournaments but a hotjoin game with only 2 people on the server. A tournament should not fire until a full roster is queued and the matchmaking happens. If its less then 5v5 at any point after thakittens because people quit. Otherwise they have some bugs to fix. To me a lot of the problem with matchmaking is due to a finite population to draw teams froms and the game not waiting long at all to match you.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: doomfodder.2906

doomfodder.2906

If you are in a 1v1 tournament that is a bug or 4 people quit or you are not talking about tournaments but a hotjoin game with only 2 people on the server.

guess I was off topic… soz everyone. I was referring to hotjoin & had assumed that the new matchmaking algorithm covered that as well. Up until 06/11/13 change, I could get hotjoin matched with up to r40’s in a typical of 4v4 + … doesn’t seem to happen any more who knows, maybe my 12 matches since update is too small a sampling

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Baldric.6781

He is probably talking about hotjoin, 1 vs 1 seems too crazy, even for gw2 tournies .
But he is right, u cant expect new players to wait 10 minutes in queue because the playerbase is low, it will be even lower if u make them wait this much.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Tyler Chapman.1832

Tyler Chapman.1832

PvP and Balance QA Embed

Next

Hey all! Let’s make sure to remember that matchmaking is based off your rating and not your PvP rank. Players cannot currently see their ratings but our new matchmaking is much more efficient at pooling players together for matches. You should be experiencing much smaller rating deviations in games without a terrible sacrifice to queue time.

Be sure to give constructive feedback on how you feel the matchmaking is working for you.

in-game alias: Powerr
Skills and Balance/PvP Team Principal QA
Former active member of Team PZ

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

If that’s the case Tyler, then why can we not see rating in game? It’s beyond pointless for there to be this invisible system and expect reasonable feedback on it. All we can see are ranking to it is reasonable for us to assume that a rank 1 would have far less rating than that of a rank 40.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

If that’s the case Tyler, then why can we not see rating in game? It’s beyond pointless for there to be this invisible system and expect reasonable feedback on it. All we can see are ranking to it is reasonable for us to assume that a rank 1 would have far less rating than that of a rank 40.

Well said..Rank matters when theres so much difference….

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: renegade.4851

renegade.4851

I for one can say that the matchmaking has improved. However it ended up giving us the same matchups over and over again who are at the same leaderboard rank as us

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

exactly. what possible useful feedback could we ever give if we never see the rating the system uses.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: nakoda.4213

nakoda.4213

what if…

there were a “tournament training” achievement line which offered rewards and titles for successfully engaging tournent specific needs such as…

- an achievement for 25 wins for each map in rotation (each)
- an achievement for 100 kills vs each profession (each)
- an achievement for time spent within x range of an enemy node under attack
- an achievement for time spent within x range of a friendly node under attack
- an achievement for 250 over all kills while assaulting/defending
- an achievement for 25 revives

once all achievements are earned, the “tournament ready” title unlocks, and said player can queue for tourneys regardless of rank

this could be a series of challenges offered by a drill sergeant npc, and make a viable platform for progression based rewards

what if…

Boundaries are for the effortless.
Benn E Violence :: 0/20/30/20/0
You kittens don’t even know what the prefix “meta” means.

(edited by nakoda.4213)

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

what if…

there were a “tournament training” achievement line which offered rewards and titles for successfully engaging tournent specific needs such as…

once all achievements are earned, the “tournament ready” title unlocks, and said player can queue for tourneys regardless of rank

this could be a series of challenges offered by a drill sergeant npc, and make a viable platform for progression based rewards

what if…

You single? but seriously thats a pretty awesome idea …. I like it. Numbers can be tweaked of course but yea.

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Theplayboy.6417

Who cares U ask? clearly NOT you. Everyoe gets that some people don’t want to play with newbs. But the ENTIRE existing player base should care IF they want to sustain/create a growing player base…

I’m just a lowly deer (darn I didn’t start PvP early enough to have high enough rank at this time to compete against you). So with the NEW algorithm , most of my matches now are just 1v1 or 1v2 (not enough newbs like me online apparently). So to your point about “create/understand how to play a build that works” actually STEERS NEWBS into excluding those classes that are less viable soloing & instead favor thief or mes in order to gain ranks to play with non-newbs. Case in point, I’ve now witnessed (more than a few times) that the tactic used to win matches for the other classes (less viable for soloing) in 1v1 matches have deteriorated into just cap & try to outrun…

I absolutely applaud Anet attempt to incorporate aglorithms segregating the PvP community to address EVERYONES concerns. I personnaly don’t want to spend my available liesure gaming time just… waiting/queing. When new players MUST wait, they WILL just leave to do ANYTHING else and therby reduce the available player pool on an ongoing basis.

TL/DR:

An alternate segregation could be to allow players of any rank to CHOOSE whether they’re willing to be be matched with various ranks (high or low). Those selecting the unwilling option will ONLY be matched with close ranks, those selecting the willing option will be matched more broadly. A simple check box in the pvP browser should be sufficient to determine which algorithm gets used for matchmaking…

You don’t need to capitalize your words we can read them just fine. I realize you have very little understanding and experience being just a Deer. The noob players you mentioned shouldnt be grinding anything at that low of a level. They should be playing for fun and learning the game. Even if they do play tournaments their teammates and competitors should all be at a similar experience level AND rating. It would make the match more even and fun for everyone.

You’re right however that I’m not too concerned about how long a Rank 1 should have to wait in queue for a tournament. Mainly because I am more concerned about the quality of matches the veteran players have. It has nothing to do with me not wanting to grow and expand the player base but has everything to do with retaining sPvP players. It all comes down to poor design by ANet. That’s the real root of the problem. New players that enter the Mists for the first time have no idea where to go or what they are doing. All of their skills and traits have changed and I would imagine that very few players actually click on the NPC Mist guide preferring to explore and figure out the area for themselves. The direction they often head is of course right. That’s where the weapon, jewel, and armor vendors are and that’s where most of the other players in the Mists are too. They see a guy with a trophy above his head so they go to investigate. They talk to the NPC and they see a giant “Join Solo” button that geniuses at ANet decided to create. What do you think happens next?! They click that button and boom they guaranteed 4 other solo queue players a loss and will probably have a miserable experience getting dominated by other players in the ANet stock build that was given to them when they entered the Mists. This absolute poor design. A big fat Fail and its not even really the noobs fault. If he gets into a match with all experienced players he will be made fun of, told to gtfo, stick to PvE etc….. Funny thing is though that if those experienced players have around a 50/50 Win/Loss ratio they are probably pretty close to the Rank 1 in rating. Again, failed design. The rank 1 noob gets frustrated and goess back to PvEasy never to return. The experienced players get frustrated because this is an every other match occurrence and go play a different PvP game never to return. Poor design.

And FYI when you queue for a tournament you don’t have to just WAIT. You can sign up and go do what ever else the heck you want to do in game until the match starts. I do your like high/low queue option idea. I think its brilliant.

(edited by Theplayboy.6417)

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

what if…

what if…

You single? but seriously thats a pretty awesome idea …. I like it. Numbers can be tweaked of course but yea.

Tourneys without rating changes would be better result. Hot Joins don’t teach you how to play in tourneys, so whole idea of putting this kind of achievment is kinda ridiculous.

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Keep Calm and add Soloq

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

what if…

what if…

Or….just let TPvP be pre-made only and let the community sort out if they want to run with low ranks. Solo que really should be for SPvP only for the time limited player base.

-KNT- BG

How's matchmaking now?

in PvP

Theplayboy.6417

what if…

what if…

Brilliant. Its too good of an idea not to be implemented. Thus, it will never happen. ANet stopped implementing good ideas after Guild Wars 1.