How to avoid the next balance disaster

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

When you nerf sword thief, ranger, necro, all ai, stunlock warriors and elixr r (which you surely will)…..then please remember the effect this has on mesmer and ele. These classes will then not be held down by the weight of condi spam which counters them hard.

The mesmer and ele dps is way too high. Once you remove the sword thief (ele/mesmer cant win this) and necro/ranger dominance then you will have another broken and lame meta where mesmer and ele damage is way too high for all the extra things they can provide.

So when you nerf condis also nerf these classes dps.

Everybody knows this to be true who is good at the game. If you listen to people on the forums you will have another broken meta, just with different culprits.

Necro didnt need buffing ever. It was fun and balanced. Other stuff needed its condi removal being worse. Please dont repeat the same mistakes again.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

The mesmer and ele dps is way too high.

Necro didnt need buffing ever. It was fun and balanced. Other stuff needed its condi removal being worse. Please dont repeat the same mistakes again.

Mesmer possibly /shrug

Erm, you may want to add weapons, because there is no way in hell the ele d/d or staff is way too high, or even passable lately.
Yes sceptre can do some good damage, but definitely not way too high, but once their bursts is through they`re sitting ducks unless built tanky, in which case again, the damage is a joke.

I agree about necro, it was fine before, ran into plenty of really good necro players in the bgs that wiped the floor long before the stupid buffs were added.

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Glass ele and Glass mes are both high risk high reward, that frankly get shut down really easily.

Condi builds in this current meta have no risk and high reward (I’d even be willin to argue condi mes falls into that category almost) the problem is with the risk reward factors. Dagger thief pre nerf IMO was never rally broken other than they can burst 100-0 at leasure with no risk during set up. Which risk during set up and easily avoidable burst is the general case with Mesmer and Ele.

The previous meta and standings of mes and ele were not OP in anyway unless you A – didn’t know how to react to them. Or B – they caught you with your pants down with all your C/Ds popped.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Glass ele and Glass mes are both high risk high reward, that frankly get shut down really easily.

Condi builds in this current meta have no risk and high reward (I’d even be willin to argue condi mes falls into that category almost) the problem is with the risk reward factors. Dagger thief pre nerf IMO was never rally broken other than they can burst 100-0 at leasure with no risk during set up. Which risk during set up and easily avoidable burst is the general case with Mesmer and Ele.

The previous meta and standings of mes and ele were not OP in anyway unless you A – didn’t know how to react to them. Or B – they caught you with your pants down with all your C/Ds popped.

Mesmer GS and ele burst is basically impossible to avoid. Also standing 1200 away spamming gs is hardly skill based, difficult or risky as a mesmer. The only thing shutting it down is OP condi spam and brokenly OP s/d thief. The ele burst is pretty much undodgable and is aoe. Again its bad atm just because s/d thief just owns them and condi spam owns them. It doesn’t change that the damage is way too high. 1 shotting people isnt a good thing.

Like I said. They will probably listen to people like you who say this wont happen. But the end result will be another balance disaster because they just make kneejerk reactions without considering how one change effects another.

Your post is pretty much just plain wrong in every respect. I can’t really prove that thoug so you are entitled to your view.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

this very much.any class that goes full glass,can do massive dmg and neither ele nor mesmer are the top dmg dealers.
as a mesmer our main dmg comes from phantasms and shatters while thief for example has amazing dps with autoattacks. i never felt eles or mesmers were op in spvp and i do not play a phantasm build. i play reflect/condi mesmer. the hardest classes to beat were thieves and guardians and then engi. now in this meta it is stunlock warriors and necros,followed by thief and guardian.

i know the op tries to prevent those to classes to get a well deserved buff, but honestly the builds u are soo scared of, are not the ones that need a buff. phantasm builds are fine as they are, but as a mesmer i would love to see other builds made viable like mantras,condition, interrupt or punishing builds like reflection. build diversity is not that great for eles or mesmers atm. most of us are forced to use those shatter and phantasm builds if we wanna keep up with the current spam meta. if they buff other aspects of mesmers, believe me u will see way less phantasm/shatter mesmers. same with ele bunker.

and btw i wouldnt mind giving up our stupid moa elite ;-)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

@Lordrosicky

Lol your worried about GS mes when staff is stronger. Plus their pew pew doesn’t really hurt that much, it’s such a weak auto attack unless you yourself are glass. Mesmers only do that to get a little bit of more deeps on a target at mid fight or to get some early pokes to have an advantages fight later when people approach a point.

True being at a distance isn’t risky nor skillful but it’s not more rewarding than a ranger or warrior in ones face.

And if eles are so impossible to avoid tell that to the ones who go for so long before even landing a meaningful hit.

Also in refrence to “one shotting” mesmers need to blow atleast two shatters to do that, and that requires a setup of 6 illusions, and requires pretty much all the cool downs of both weapon sets (for biggest numbers). which are easy to avoid by doging into them. As for Ele, well yes they can keep it up more and it does feel like a one shot when they get it off, but it’s so easy to turn the preassure around as pretty much any build or any class.

I don’t know how what I said was wrong. And your only detailed reference is Mesmer GS, where the pew pew hits very lightly, and most agree staff is a stronger weapon anyways.

If your getting hard focused in hotjoin then your problem is that your playing hotjoin.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

The ele burst is pretty much undodgable and is aoe. Again its bad atm just because s/d thief just owns them and condi spam owns them. It doesn’t change that the damage is way too high. 1 shotting people isnt a good thing.

Are we playing the same game? I think we mustn’t be. Ele burst is aoe that’s new, undodgable, also new to me.

Point blank AoE, I’ll pay that.

Undodgable, no. Eles burst is dodgable, however you have to predict it as the tell is not as visual as every other move in the Ele moveset. That is fully related to Fresh Air and the lightning strikes. The other parts of their burst is very possible to dodge.

The elementalist “thing” that they do is healing. Necros have 2x health pools, mesmers have invisibility and clones, thieves have stealth etc etc. Eles have healing. Going into a GC spec works you away from your “thing” (less healing, less sustain, I mean com’on we already have the lowest health pool, where is our 2nd health bar?) whereas other classes can still get theirs (backstab thieves for example).

If anything the ele should have more trade off. Specking away from healing should increase damage / conditions more then it does. Specking into healing should less their damage a little further

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

what does stunlock warrior have anything to do with condition damage in the 1st place
or did you just put it in for kitten sake?

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

I think it’s important that the nerfs to these professions/overperforming builds happen on a small scale basis. 5% efficiency shaves with 2 week public tests.
Hell maybe one shave is enough.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

Next

Agreed on the shaving + making sure we don’t overdo it with big hits to the classes.

Also good points about making sure that we don’t take away the things “holding down” some of the strong builds. I think Mes and Ele are probably ok for the most part, as long as we tone down the conditions output from some classes, and bring the S/D Thief in line.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

So wait… I heard more ranger nerfs… Could you all just please instead remove the whole class from PvP isntead? That’d be a lot faster and save a lot of time (and our sanity in PvE). Thanks

in PvP

Posted by: JonathanSharp.7094

Previous

JonathanSharp.7094

Game Design Lead

So wait… I heard more ranger nerfs… Could you all just please instead remove the whole class from PvP isntead? That’d be a lot faster and save a lot of time (and our sanity in PvE). Thanks

Wait til you see the update! You may be making it out in your mind to be more drastic than it really is.

IGN: Chaplan
“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.”
-Arthur Schopenhauer

in PvP

Posted by: Blimm.5028

Blimm.5028

Rangers are the most broken op thing in the tPvP universe, no skill/risk, high reward.
This is PvP forums, and the only thing likely to be nerfed bout rangers is spirits, wich suck in PvE anyway so calm down.

Think With Portals [TWP]: 4th of 16 at Guildnews.de cup
Liane Frostfire – Elementalist [TWP] Ilona Frostfire – Mesmer [TWP]
Enya Frostfire – Mesmer [OMFG]

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

Mesmer GS and ele burst is basically impossible to avoid. Also standing 1200 away spamming gs is hardly skill based, difficult or risky as a mesmer. The only thing shutting it down is OP condi spam and brokenly OP s/d thief. The ele burst is pretty much undodgable and is aoe. Again its bad atm just because s/d thief just owns them and condi spam owns them. It doesn’t change that the damage is way too high. 1 shotting people isnt a good thing.

I’m just wondering what part of mesmer/ele burst is unavoidable? What builds are you specifically referring to?

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I’m just wondering what part of mesmer/ele burst is unavoidable? What builds are you specifically referring to?

I’m guessing he’s referring to the new Fresh Air trait. It’s a step backwards since Ele is probably the best class in terms of well telegraphed attacks that require CC to really combo together.

Fresh Air is COMPLETELY instant burst.

It’s amusing seeing someone complain about the Mesmer GS considering it’s inferior to the staff as far as our most efficient burst builds are concerned (shatter). The GS will only outperform the staff+s/x combo in a phantasm build, which already suffers from being considerably inferior to shatter builds in group fights, essentially making it a specialized dueling build, which tPvP is not based around, anyway.

The only argument you can make for the GS being too powerful would rely on the notion that ANet start balancing around hotjoin, which is even more laughable than proposing that the GS is over-powered in the first place and can effectively be “spammed from range” against any half-decent player. The very act of using the weapon robs the Mesmer of a substantial about of mobility and defense (staff, sword, scepter, etc).

Yeah I wish the weapon was a little better and wasn’t so niche. It’s sort of like warrior rifle, it’s really not that great overall but only if you want long ranged burst/spike.

Mesmer GS burst is pretty massive from a long range but that’s all it accomplishes.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

^ fresh air is not instant burst..the 15 minor is that triggers when swapping to air and hits for 1-2k is an istant burst
The trait is godsent in so many ways for the ele that if they touch it ill go kill myself (lol not really ). It basically makes tha att rotation unpredictable and gives you the room to effectively use your air spells at the right time.That has nothing to do with instant damage which btw for the ele is only in a single weapon that is scepter!
In fact i ll make a petition for fresh fire,earth ,water(maybe too op ??! lol )

in PvP

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

Agreed on the shaving + making sure we don’t overdo it with big hits to the classes.

Also good points about making sure that we don’t take away the things “holding down” some of the strong builds. I think Mes and Ele are probably ok for the most part, as long as we tone down the conditions output from some classes, and bring the S/D Thief in line.

Jonathan, you recently made a huge change to the way mesmers work in general (making IC grandmaster instead of minor) which messed up rotations/cooldowns/balance of the class since the begging of the game. No explanation was given, no room to discuss or just work with the community as to why this affected so much but didn’t tone down the elements of the class which are so strong.

Would you consider popping over to the mesmer forum one day to discuss this change or just explain why it was done and listen to peoples feedback. We want to help you guys, we know our classes inside out and when you tear things apart, don’t explain the change to make an effort to discuss/reason with players, it wears away at our patience and trust of your balancing team.

The same could be said of all classes and major changes… but in this case you changed an aspect of the class which was regarded as somewhat essential since release… without communication…

Oh and if you have contacts in WOTC, you have no excuse to use proxies. :P

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

^ fresh air is not instant burst..the 15 minor is that triggers when swapping to air and hits for 1-2k is an istant burst
The trait is godsent in so many ways for the ele that if they touch it ill go kill myself (lol not really ). It basically makes tha att rotation unpredictable and gives you the room to effectively use your air spells at the right time.That has nothing to do with instant damage which btw for the ele is only in a single weapon that is scepter!
In fact i ll make a petition for fresh fire,earth ,water(maybe too op ??! lol )

I know, but it’s not about trying to beat Ele down, it’s that unpredictable instant burst like that isn’t very healthy for the game, and Ele used to be (well still is) the best in well telegraphed attacks.

Like for instance back in the day when S/D fire burst combo was popular, it’d be either a stun/kd or signet of earth immobilize with Dragon/Phoenix/Fire Grab combo, VERY telegraphed except for maybe the immobilize or w/e, but you had plenty of time to react to the incoming attacks, and those attacks were hard to get off w/o the CC.

They should try to make the other classes follow that example a little bit more.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

^ i know im just implying that fresh air is definately not the problem but rather traits and skills that were designed long long before fresh air was even conceived
Also the air burst is what for now makes me have a chance against necros ,warriors (no not rangers ) and is THE only way to deal with s/d thieves for the ele so im a bit biased

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

*Holding my bleeding hearth in anticipation of a dhuumfire nerf and a ,non fear, crowd control mobility buff…

~necro~

“I am so glad to see all these red icons back on the spvp board again..”
next: seeing them in the mist! ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

What? I enjoy the Ranger in PvE. It seems people just don’t get the Ranger in PvE.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Wait til you see the update! You may be making it out in your mind to be more drastic than it really is.

I took the “wait and see” approach with the necro patch. Sorry if we remain skeptical till we see the evidence. It’s fine to mess up, just don’t expect us to trust you implicitly afterwards.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

in PvP

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

You must be insane if you think ele damage is too high. Except for a gimmicky burst build which sacrifices ALL survivability and is still sub-par compared to thief burst, ele damage is crap. If anything it needs a buff so other builds are actually viable. Try doing something like queens gauntlet with an ele, then try doing it with ANY other class. Notice something? That thing made it painfully obvious how weak the class measures up against all the others. And if you can’t dodge s/d burst, i’m sorry you’re just a really bad player. I eat them for breakfast on my warrior. Try not being glass and you can shrug off the laughable damage they do while you can drop them with one good hit after they blow all of their cooldowns. Because after they do that burst combo, everything they have is on cooldown and they’re extremely vulnerable.

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

" I eat them for breakfast on my warrior."
For a while now warrior has been eating entire teams for breakfast, brunch, lunch, supper, dinner and dessert.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

When you nerf sword thief, ranger, necro, all ai, stunlock warriors and elixr r (which you surely will)…..then please remember the effect this has on mesmer and ele. These classes will then not be held down by the weight of condi spam which counters them hard.

The mesmer and ele dps is way too high. Once you remove the sword thief (ele/mesmer cant win this) and necro/ranger dominance then you will have another broken and lame meta where mesmer and ele damage is way too high for all the extra things they can provide.

So when you nerf condis also nerf these classes dps.

Everybody knows this to be true who is good at the game. If you listen to people on the forums you will have another broken meta, just with different culprits.

So you’re basically saying “Leave my class (Necro what else) op as it is so i can keep facerolling mesmers and eles all day long” …pretty solid…

in PvP

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

I think Mes and Ele are probably ok for the most part, as long as we tone down the conditions output from some classes, and bring the S/D Thief in line.

Wow, just wow….

Attachments:

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

(edited by Fishbait.6723)

in PvP

Nikkinella.8254

I think Mes and Ele are probably ok for the most part, as long as we tone down the conditions output from some classes, and bring the S/D Thief in line.

Wow, just wow….

I know. I threw up a little in my mouth reading that. S/D thief isn’t a problem anyway. Its the only type of thief that actually is fun to fight against for me since it actually requires some semblance of intelligence to use unlike the brainless 5,2,1 spam D/P , troll stealth spam build. THAT is what needs to be brought in line. Not S/D. Are we even playing the same game here Jonathan?

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I will wait and see but by the looks of it the thieves will have no spec left, every single one of our weapon sets has been nerfed even the laughable short bow…. what next?

in PvP

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I’m guessing he’s referring to the new Fresh Air trait. It’s a step backwards since Ele is probably the best class in terms of well telegraphed attacks that require CC to really combo together.

Fresh Air is COMPLETELY instant burst.

The Fresh Air burst that I’m aware of involves chaining Earthquake into an arcane/air spike, and it’s telegraphed before the spike even starts. Of course, I could be completely out of the loop and the build is run differently.

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Wow, just wow….

They are actually good when you take down the builds holding them back. But what do you understand about balance anyways?

in PvP

Posted by: josh.7390

josh.7390

Decrease the impact power has on shatter and increase the shatter base dmg. probably shatter could be playable w/o bersi amu…

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Ya S/D thief makes bringing an ele or mesmer pointless right now. Toning that down makes it an option instead of a liability. The condis will help, but if they overdo it then eles and mesmers will replace engis and necros entirely tho

in PvP

selan.8354

Wow, just wow….

yup really wow. it’s official they hate ele and mes. so mesmer updates will be: added 2 more butterflies to illusions and eles fire effect has been improved.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

Please also look at the engineer. Some month ago all groups needed one. Now no engi is welcome (except teldo but he mentioned that the engineer is dying).

in PvP

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

Also good points about making sure that we don’t take away the things “holding down” some of the strong builds. I think Mes and Ele are probably ok for the most part

Does somebody of your team actually play the game? Everybody and his mother moved away from Ele.
This is disappointing… thank god I levelled a Warrior now.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in PvP

Nikkinella.8254

Wow, just wow….

I know. I threw up a little in my mouth reading that. S/D thief isn’t a problem anyway. Its the only type of thief that actually is fun to fight against for me since it actually requires some semblance of intelligence to use unlike the brainless 5,2,1 spam D/P , troll stealth spam build. THAT is what needs to be brought in line. Not S/D. Are we even playing the same game here Jonathan?

What? S/D evade thief is more fun to fight agaisnt than a D/P? A D/P thief you can prevent him from stealh if you are inside his #5 when he tries to to combo it with HS.

A D/P thief you can actually reliably hit your CCs and focus him down pretty fast, when compared to S/D thief low non-evade uptime.
(“Wow that simple? Jeez guess I should go back to learning the darn game instead of forum complaining heh!”)

S/D thief it actually requires some semblance of intelligence to use unlike the brainless 5,2,1 spam D/P , troll stealth spam build

AHAHAHAHAHAH
S/D uses more intelligence than D/P? Do you know the basic rotation for S/D? It’s 3-3-1dodge and repeat, with the ocasional 2 as a “oh-sheet” button in case you have a bad positioning. D/P is a far more complete and balanced kit, where every skill in the weapon set is used and they all tie nicely with each other.

Im speaking you this a thief main and former S/D. Analyze S/D kit for a second. .S/D #2 and the number of evade frames + feline grace + perma vigor all combined are an example of low skill floor build.

You trying to make this build look like its some kind of high skill cap build it’s laughable at best.

You are a joke.

EDIT: Look! more jokes from this comedian!

Nikkinella: If they insist on the ridiculous cooldown on Ride the Lightning, damage needs to be upped by 200% and it needs to become unblockable and be a stunbreaker.

No words can describe your stupidty.

I said that to make a point on how ridiculous the long cooldown is. If they’re going to be stupid about it, might as well go FULL stupid. I guess sarcasm doesn’t translate too well on the internet.

in PvP

selan.8354

Also good points about making sure that we don’t take away the things “holding down” some of the strong builds. I think Mes and Ele are probably ok for the most part

Does somebody of your team actually play the game? Everybody and his mother moved away from Ele.

feel your pain. due to the messed up balance ,eles are in wvw aswell as mesmers only used as an extra utility slot for the dominating classes warrior,guardian, necro. statistics have already proven that mes are the least played class. not everyone wants to be a phantasm or shatter spec.
i tryed some pve and with the zergs there i am having a real hard time to tag,so im forced to use boring phantasm dps specs. i like reflection and spampunishing builds like glam used to be….

and honestly the ranger does need buffs in other areas once they nerf the spirit ranger build.
the class that is gonna shine a lot is the stunlock warrior after the next patch.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Zumy.6318

I dont feel pain, I can perform pretty well on my Ele in WvW.
But since I played Warrior and saw how much dps, cc and armor/hp you can achieve all in one, I just feel like having to work harder to get same rewards. This is not balance.

95% of players in this game are terrible pvpers. For the other 5% I have thieves and mesmers in my squad to help me.

As talking for tPvP, I get mad just from seeing one Ele or Mes in my team.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

in PvP

Posted by: FirstBlood.7359

FirstBlood.7359

Many here love to quote Helseth’s Rant of the Week as pinnacle of human wisdom. While I almost never agree with his points, he’s absolutely correct that only S/D thieves and necros kept the buffed ele and mesmers in check. If it turns out that the ele is not ok, then it is because the class is slightly overpowered, not the opposite.

Tz tz

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

I agree with OP. Next patch balance not only the strongest professions at the moment should be reworked but also the ones that are weaker. But one thing that needs a huge rework its the AI. I want PvP in PvP areas, not PvE.

in PvP

Zumy.6318

Many here love to quote Helseth’s Rant of the Week as pinnacle of human wisdom. While I almost never agree with his points, he’s absolutely correct that only S/D thieves and necros kept the buffed ele and mesmers in check. If it turns out that the ele is not ok, then it is because the class is slightly overpowered, not the opposite.

Buffed what?
Did you even understand what he said?

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

in PvP

FirstBlood.7359

Do you even read patchnotes?

Tz tz

in PvP

selan.8354

we do,but erm what buffs u referring to?

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

FirstBlood.7359

Doubling the speed of Phoenix and making the spell unblockable. The introduction of the fresh air trait. Just to name two.

The trait reworks made the S/D ele stronger, but the meta shifted in an unfavorable direction. Once the meta shifts again, the public perception of the ele will change.

Tz tz

in PvP

Zumy.6318

Doubling the speed of Phoenix and making the spell unblockable. The introduction of the fresh air trait. Just to name two.

The trait reworks made the S/D ele stronger, but the meta shifted in an unfavorable direction. Once the meta shifts again, the public perception of the ele will change.

Point given. If s/d thieves and necros get nerfed to hard, fresh air build will be insanely overpowered. Apologies.

Still this build has zero to one stunbreaker so that a metawarrior should take care of it with 2 cooldowns. Yesterday I critted a burst ele to 50-60% just by using GS 4. Another 20% with shield bash and a 4k skullcrack. I did not even have to swap to GS again to finish him off, the next autoattack did the job.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]

(edited by Zumy.6318)

in PvP

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

Ele have some ridiculous high burst and correctly played it hits pretty often. I have to agree, he is squishy.
high risk, high reward.

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Jon, well more Ranger nerfs may be needed in PvP…in PvE, WvW the Ranger needs additional nerfs like a hole in the head…

Rangers are a joke and laughed at on a constant basis in WvW, dungeons, fractals, boss fights, gauntlet (often kicked, excluded on PURPOSE) and can’t complete endgame content because they have not got enough DPS, the pet(parrot..lol) is dead, I tell you its a dead parrot…

By the way I have not played my Ranger since you NERFED shortbow range by 25% and after 2 pet updates they ended up worse than when you started…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Eles and mesmers were top classes in pvp before the current meta came in. Once devs tone down the current meta, eles and mesmers should be widely used again.

That being said, if the combat’s pace is ever to get a bit slower, eles and mesmers will need some nerfs in the future too.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

….The mesmer and ele dps is way too high. Once you remove the sword thief (ele/mesmer cant win this) and necro/ranger dominance then you will have another broken and lame meta where mesmer and ele damage is way too high for all the extra things they can provide….

@Devs I highlighted the part that I feel you need to reconsider….you mentioned ele and mesmer are in a good spot once we tone down the condi damage which counters them so, however from our experience as a PvP Playerbase we know that the moment condi damage is reduced and the specs that counter these 2 professions get toned down these 2 professions of Mesmer and Ele will become the new brokenly OP profession in the meta because of their burst capabilities.

With all due respect, if you do intend to JUST nerf condi damage etc please be ready and I sincerely mean this, be ready to roll out quick fixes of tiny changes to mesmer and ele prior to the sept 17th patch, simple tweaks like this need to happen frequently in large disparity meta games. To give an example with the Elementalist. When specs that counter them get toned down they are now in a position to run their usual fresh air s/d or s/f burst builds, the issue with said burst setup majority of it is off the global cooldown so chainable quite quickly together, and above that the cooldown for fresh air and similar burst capabilities is quite low which I don’t have a problem with but its burst damage is too high for its low cooldown and off the global cooldown capabilities.

I hope you take this advice under consideration and if you don’t I would sincerely appreciate perhaps chatting to us on SOTG why you feel ele and mesmer’s burst isn’t too much given the apparent condi nerfs etc. Thank you for your time.

(edited by Zanthrax.6538)