I Hope Team Que Takes Higher Priority

in PvP

Posted by: Kline.9561

Kline.9561

this is a team based game
I just hope that when the new reward system comes out that it has more incentives for you to play Team Que over Solo Que.

this could help form community’s small and big which I think would be healthier for spvp overall.

my major concern is Team Que wont motivate players enough if your able to get the same rewards from Solo Que, since Team Que does take more effort, requiring more people with lives and schedules to play against other organized teams with everyone most likely using VoiP program.

My suggestion is make specific or better rewards that can only be achieved through Team Que

And before says my build doesn’t work, when Ele’s get nerfed it will be -Schwahrheit

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

My suggestion is make specific or better rewards that can only be achieved through Team Que

This. Team queue is the most fun to be had in game. Can we please provide people with an incentive to form teams?

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

glory will be removed.
gold will be the universal currency.

simply increase the gold rewards for team arena.

for example,

mode | gold rewards %
casual PvE | 100%
casual WvW | 100%
sPvP hotjoin | 200%
sPvP solo arena | 350%
sPvP team arena | 500%

team arena would earn 5 times gold reward when compared against casual PvE players.

rewarding enough?

yes. gold as a reward is excellent.
gold buys many times.
gold can be converted into gems.
gems are used to buy various finishers.
etc

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

lol what, no. Some people don’t have the time to play with a team due work or school. People should be rewarded the same for winning a match, regardless if it’s solo or in a team.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Oraith.1732

Oraith.1732

lol what, no. Some people don’t have the time to play with a team due work or school. People should be rewarded the same for winning a match, regardless if it’s solo or in a team.

So people who organize and go against harder teams should be rewarded the same as people who aren’t organized and go against easier teams?

in PvP

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

So people who organize and go against harder teams should be rewarded the same as people who aren’t organized and go against easier teams?

Just to point out the obvious……an unorganized team is going to have a harder time against that “easier team”, so it won’t be easier for them necessarily.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

invite people to party, que up for team que, tough life huh? If people in a team want to earn something go enter a tourney, there are enough sites out there that are handing gems/money out to the top 3 or even lower. Stop kittening about dumb kitten, just because you’re in a team doesn’t mean you have the right to earn more than other casual players.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Team Arena will provide the most gold, followed by Solo Queue, followed by hotjoin.

I believe we’ll be giving specific numbers on Friday’s livestream.

in PvP

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Team Arena will provide the most gold, followed by Solo Queue, followed by hotjoin.

The numbers will need to be significantly more than solo queue to entice people to form pugs and play team queue.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

HOTJOIN is getting gold? Lol this will be good.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I’m not at the office so I can’t look it up, but if I remember correctly, you get more gold for LOSING Team Arena than you’d get for WINNING a CA/hotjoin match.

Edit: It’s the same amount. There’s an updated table in the “New to PvP?” guide at the top of the sPvP sub-forum.

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

in PvP

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I understand that the team arena format is a higher competition format… but that leaves me lingering with a question.

Are the rewards for playing solo / tournament arenas going to be linked to your rating?
If not the whole argument of rewarding a more competitive scene kind of goes to waste, as really bad people would still get rewarded more in low rated matches.

in PvP

Posted by: BlackhawkSOM.6401

BlackhawkSOM.6401

I’m not at the office so I can’t look it up, but if I remember correctly, you get more gold for LOSING Team Arena than you’d get for WINNING a CA/hotjoin match.

Why on earth would you reward someone AT ALL for losing? I can’t really see how that can work..won’t this encourage afk players or people bsing around for free money…

Also I don’t see how gold in hotjoins can make any sense. Maybe the steam on friday will clear things up.

Retuxan-80 Ranger-Rank 40
Jade quarry, MoG

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

I understand that the team arena format is a higher competition format… but that leaves me lingering with a question.

Are the rewards for playing solo / tournament arenas going to be linked to your rating?
If not the whole argument of rewarding a more competitive scene kind of goes to waste, as really bad people would still get rewarded more in low rated matches.

Skill level is relative. Ten equally skilled players in the lower end of matchmaking are playing just as hard as the top ten players. Their game experiences are identical for their skill level.

This isn’t about rewarding people for being better at the game – that’s what the ladders are for.

in PvP

eekzie.5640

Why on earth would you reward someone AT ALL for losing? This will just encourage afk players or people bsing around for free money…

Gold in hotjoin ..why? I don’t see the logic here not trying to sound like an arrogant kitten just it doesn’t make any sense to me…. maybe the steam on friday will clear things up.

People who put in time and effort should be rewarded, regardless of the outcome of the match.
Even now if you lose a game you still get rewarded with glory.
Considering they are replacing glory with gold, why would they change this all of a sudden?

The rewards of winning should still be good enough to make you want to actively win.
An idea here could be to reward you based on total points won. In example, winning would give you 500 pts would be 25 silver and an additional 10s win chest. But losing with 300 pts would then give you only 15s.

in PvP

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

This seems overly silly.

It will just encourage people to team queue with no chance of winning to farm gold.

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

I wonder how long it will be before people start afk wall running in hotjoin for money. or botting “queue” solo for teamq’s as that will be better money than winning hotjoin.

(edited by Taym.8326)

in PvP

eekzie.5640

Skill level is relative. Ten equally skilled players in the lower end of matchmaking are playing just as hard as the top ten players. Their game experiences are identical for their skill level.

This isn’t about rewarding people for being better at the game – that’s what the ladders are for.

The problem is that ten equally skilled players in the lower tier are more likely to have less time invested in setting up matches. In practicing for those matches and in the whole preparation together.

I’m not saying that the rewards for winning low rated matches should be negligible… but if you would compare the competitiveness of a solo que of people fromt he top 25 in a 5v5 against eachother… or some unranked 5v5 team arena… I would only assume the solo que will be a lot more competitive.

This is in contrast of rewarding high competitiveness.

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

I’m completely against giving gold to hot-joiners unless the ratio is like 5x more for solo/team q. Yes this will help us get more population but honestly the last thing pvp needs is more hotjoiners.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

I wonder how long it will be before people start afk wall running in hotjoin for money.

We’ve been discussing ways to more strictly police being AFK and leaving the game early. We don’t like the idea any more than you do.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I don’t see a good thing to lose in soloqueue and gain money. There is an high risk to see people not interested to win but only to farm money.

It’s acceptable for hot join and team queue instead.

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

how much gold?

right now though PvE is like 5x more profitable than WvW

All is vain.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

thanks josh!

by the way, would it be possible for you guys to increase the rewards for the various topstats?

as of now, only 5 glory and 5 rank points is awarded.
when gold rewards are introduced, could the gold rewards for getting various top stats increase?

and also, the reward for an auto balance volunteer for helping a losing team win. at the moment only 25 glory and 25 rank points is awarded for the auto balance volunteer who helped the losing team win. that seems quite a low amount for such effort put in even though it is only in a hotjoin. though i understand that people may abuse this system inside their own custom arenas though. this is why we can’t have good things. >.<

thanks josh!

in PvP

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

I wonder how long it will be before people start afk wall running in hotjoin for money.

We’ve been discussing ways to more strictly police being AFK and leaving the game early. We don’t like the idea any more than you do.

The issue is that if doing team queues rewards more per minute than hotjoins I will simply join the harder ones and lose.

I wont afk, but I certainly wont try and I’ll find 4 others with the exact same attitude.

This isn’t hypothetical, it’s what I would do if implemented like suggested.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Losing tPvP match will be more profitable than hotjoin win?
Gratz, you just created new skyhammer farm.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Ulalume.9584

Ulalume.9584

How about hotjoin players get nothing and only the winning team in team queue gets any gold? That would be beautiful. Please make it happen…

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

I think I like the idea. People farming rank is a medium priority for Anet, people farming gold can cost them money. I’m assuming hotjoin farmers have seen the end of their days…

IGN: Aussie Archer

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Here are some ways you can try to deal with the afk problem:

• During a match, whenever you spawn in your base, you have X seconds to leave the base or you are disqualified from rewards. This would have to be done in such a way as to forgive disconnects, though. As part of this, make respawning automatic in an sPvP match (don’t make the user click the button).
  • If your team lost, you have to meet a certain threshold of a personal score, otherwise you receive disminished rewards based on how much you missed the mark by. In order for this to work properly, you should also give 5 points for being killed, so that a very disadvantaged team still has a way to meet the threshold. As an easy example, let’s say the threshold is 50 points. If your team loses, as long as you score at least 50 personal points by the end of the match, you will get full rewards for losing. These 50 points could be gained by dying 10 times.
Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

(edited by cymerdown.4103)

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I think I like the idea. People farming rank is a medium priority for Anet, people farming gold can cost them money. I’m assuming hotjoin farmers have seen the end of their days…

So you are assuming what cutting rewards for basic and most popular sPvP mode and patting tPvP players (0.01% of total GW2 players) is good for game health? Wow.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

You are being subjective. Some SOLOq teams are extremely good and would wipe the floor against other “supposed high rated” tpvp teams, you can’t assume causation = correlation.

The only thing tpvp has over soloq is most likely some sort of teamspeak program allowing more coordinated plays, that is all. Tpvp def has an edge based on that, but a high rated solo q vs a high rated tpvp would not be a 500-0 win or loss, it would actually still be a close game.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

You are being subjective. Some SOLOq teams are extremely good and would wipe the floor against other “supposed high rated” tpvp teams, you can’t assume causation = correlation.

The only thing tpvp has over soloq is most likely some sort of teamspeak program allowing more coordinated plays, that is all. Tpvp def has an edge based on that, but a high rated solo q vs a high rated tpvp would not be a 500-0 win or loss, it would actually still be a close game.

No, not really. Only pugs full of experienced team q players will give good matches to the better teams. Granted, a lot of those guys also do pretty well in solo q, so there’s some crossover. But generally, voice comm adds a whole new dimension to coordination, such that you’re severely handicapping yourself by not taking advantage of it against a team that is, just watch any twitch stream of a good team playing and you can easily see what I mean.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: aussieheals.6843

aussieheals.6843

So you are assuming what cutting rewards for basic and most popular sPvP mode and patting tPvP players (0.01% of total GW2 players) is good for game health? Wow.

I should of said rank farmers rather than glory, I quite enjoy the old hotjoin but hate the system being abused

IGN: Aussie Archer

in PvP

Posted by: fodem.2713

fodem.2713

Team >>>> solo >>>>> hot join > pve

Victory = many pieces of gold
Lost = zero gold

Team should be top , than solo, hot join and pve
This makes people try to Win and never afk… Losses giving gold = afk all day ….

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Lost = zero gold

Team should be top , than solo, hot join and pve
This makes people try to Win and never afk… Losses giving gold = afk all day ….

i can agree with this hierarchy

but not this.
Lost = zero gold

there needs to be some gold for participation.
maybe just enough, so it would not motivate farmers to farm or AFK etc.

consider increasing the bonus rewards from topstats.
maybe i should start a new topic regarding that since i am not getting much attention in other existing topics.

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

and whats bout “LF 4 ppl to afk farming gold in teamQ” ?

noone will report than for afk^^

in PvP

fodem.2713

Top status should give different rewards, maybe titles etc but not gold , gold only for winners. Or you will have a game full of afk, bots, cheaters and gold farmers selling gold in pirate websites for money….

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hi justin, would you guys consider drastically increasing the gold rewards from various top stats to encourage active play and not A F K (anet’s hotjoin / custom arena) instead?

Common
Objective Assaulter
Objective Defender
Objective Neutralizer
Objective Capturer
Player Kills
Skirmisher
Teammate Revivals
Points Scored

Map-specific
Cannon Shooter (Raid on the Capricorn)
Commune Successes (Temple of the Silent Storm)
Trebuchet Hits (Battle of Kyhlo)
Trebuchets Destroyed (Battle of Kyhlo)
Trebuchets Repaired (Battle of Kyhlo)
Orbs Captured (Spirit Watch)
NPCs Killed (Legacy of the Foefire)
Guild Lords Killed (Legacy of the Foefire)
Forest Creatures Killed (Forest of Niflhel)

at the moment, only 5 glory and 5 rank points is awarded to a player on each team if they scored one or more of these top stats. some top stats are not easy to achieve (top player kills, points scored) while some may be easier to achieve (teammate revivals, map specific ones) as many people do not bother with them.

if the bonus gold rewards for these top stats are drastically increased, perhaps we could see more active play in the anet’s hotjoins and maybe less A F K farming in various custom arenas?

for example, for hotjoin

end of match participation reward = 10 silvers
- if match is 7 minutes or longer (lesser if match ended faster)
- if player achieved the personal score threshold (lesser if did not reach threshold, no rewards if 0 personal score)

win reward = 10 silvers
- if match is 7 minutes or longer (lesser if match ended faster)
- if player achieved the personal score threshold (lesser if did not reach threshold, no rewards if 0 personal score)

each top stats = 25 silvers
- consider

auto balance volunteer = 20 silvers
auto balance volunteer who helped the losing team win = 50 silvers

for solo arena, increase the rewards by 100% or higher
for team arena, increase the rewards by 200% or higher

but the sad part is that, farmers with a custom arena can farm top stats also in their own custom servers. 2 players, 1 on each team can farm all the top stats.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Maybe its just because I play other games like LoL. but is it too much to ask for a duo que option instead of simply solo que? Team que really should only be 5v5 anyway….but many of us have one good bud we play with, and simply cant get 3 other competent players who work well with us and just happen to log on always at the same time we do through out a week. So it would be nice, I know many people want it and have asked about it.

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you do this i guarantee you, that you will see:
1.) red resign day
2.) massive amount of bots in teamQ
3.) players matching second accounts vs main acc’s
4.) many more good ideas that are borne from the idea to make tons of money…

I’m not sure if you understand that you are not only dealing with ingame gold…
People are paying REAL money for this ingame currency. Rewarding looses will bring a lot of criminal minds on the playground… BE CAREFULL!

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

If you do this i guarantee you, that you will see:
1.) red resign day
2.) massive amount of bots in teamQ
3.) players matching second accounts vs main acc’s
4.) many more good ideas that are borne from the idea to make tons of money…

I’m not sure if you understand that you are not only dealing with ingame gold…
People are paying REAL money for this ingame currency. Rewarding looses will bring a lot of criminal minds on the playground… BE CAREFULL!

that’s what we are here for. brainstorm up ideas so they can implement nicely.

so that those who participate are reward appropriately for trying their very best.

while those schemers will not get their way.

come on, people, josh and justin need our help!

lets think of something!

in PvP

fodem.2713

Reward losses = most stupid ideia ever….

Reward losses = bots, afks, cheaters and gold sellers for REAL money….

Reward losses = Bring gw2 to complete failure…

in PvP

Posted by: Dinster.7063

Dinster.7063

I honestly believe, that u will be rewarded for losing only in team arena.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I honestly believe, that u will be rewarded for losing only in team arena.

well, there needs to be some form reward for participation since glory will be removed.

with careful planning, farmers, botters, cheaters, etc can be stopped.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Here are some ways you can try to deal with the afk problem:

• During a match, whenever you spawn in your base, you have X seconds to leave the base or you are disqualified from rewards. This would have to be done in such a way as to forgive disconnects, though. As part of this, make respawning automatic in an sPvP match (don’t make the user click the button).
  • If your team lost, you have to meet a certain threshold of a personal score, otherwise you receive disminished rewards based on how much you missed the mark by. In order for this to work properly, you should also give 5 points for being killed, so that a very disadvantaged team still has a way to meet the threshold. As an easy example, let’s say the threshold is 50 points. If your team loses, as long as you score at least 50 personal points by the end of the match, you will get full rewards for losing. These 50 points could be gained by dying 10 times.

this has potential.
let’s work more on this!

1. X seconds to leave spawn base or disqualified from end of match rewards.
2. losing team members must meet score threshold or receive lesser rewards

well, the “getting points for being killed” must be coded carefully or else some people may just form a team of “lets get killed for gold” and queue for the team arena.

i think a very disadvantaged team would also be able to score a few points, so i think the “getting points for being killed” would not work well.

the important question is, what personal score threshold should be fair and not easy to abuse?

and, what about those who leave the spawn base and hide somewhere in a corner?

we call them manual A F K players who wants the end match reward but do not wish to put in additional effort.

should the personal score threshold be a variable? not a fixed amount.

in PvP

Posted by: Richy Lao.8346

Richy Lao.8346

They should put back Dhumm as GW1 to ban all bots from the game.

But as you said, the problem will be the 2nd account vs the main account…

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

They should put back Dhumm as GW1 to ban all bots from the game.

But as you said, the problem will be the 2nd account vs the main account…

how do we prevent such problems?

there must be a way!
errr ban those accounts?

since now gold is involved, the enforcement will be much, much stricter.

in PvP

Richy Lao.8346

I don’t know how, but in GW1, they was able to catch and ban most of the bots and macro used to gain an advantage (as interupt 1/4 second skills)…

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

“LFG: Team Arena auto-lose farming. We just let ourselves die and don’t cap points. The quicker the matches end, the faster we get gold per match.”

I can see it already. >_<

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Richy Lao.8346

Unless it depends on the personal score…. then farm the PVE will be more profitable.

in PvP

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

“LFG: Team Arena auto-lose farming. We just let ourselves die and don’t cap points. The quicker the matches end, the faster we get gold per match.”

I can see it already. >_<

if gold is involved, then the enforcement will be more strict.

expect more account termination perhaps?