I'm a bit disturbed over the rank changes

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

funny how some rank 70+ players conflict each other what they want. those 2 to 4 rank 70+ players screaming that only them should reach rank 80 will get no support besides from them. and those who are thinking of other way they can be compensated have my support instead of this same people who are arguing and conflicting each other. i agree to what marvin, jose, and ostrich have said they need to be compesated more like extra chest and maybe unique titles or finisher. (seriously not all players cares bout how few other have extra cosmetic) but those who says rank 70+ players only one who will reach rank 80 should realize its for the good of many not just few. stop being selfish and greedy

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

funny how some rank 70+ players conflict each other what they want. those 2 to 4 rank 70+ players screaming that only them should reach rank 80 will get no support besides from them. and those who are thinking of other way they can be compensated have my support instead of this same people who are arguing and conflicting each other. i agree to what marvin, jose, and ostrich have said they need to be compesated more like extra chest and maybe unique titles or finisher. (seriously not all players cares bout how few other have extra cosmetic) but those who says rank 70+ players only one who will reach rank 80 should realize its for the good of many not just few. stop being selfish and greedy

I’m r52 and I agree with the r70+ players. Because you know what? I care about things like “fairness” and “justice”. That could have been me facing the prospect of wasted thousands of hours.

Fairness might be an alien concept to you, but it’s not to most of us.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I’m r52 and I agree with the r70+ players. Because you know what? I care about things like “fairness” and “justice”. That could have been me facing the prospect of wasted thousands of hours.

You’re talking about fairness and justice? Hotjoin heroes like yourself have gained much more rank points than players that solely play tournaments so please spare me with your fairness and justice crap

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

You’re talking about fairness and justice? Hotjoin heroes like yourself have gained much more rank points than players that solely play tournaments so please spare me with your fairness and justice crap

That´s untrue. We´ve been receiving chests with 1.000 rank points / win every tournament won for more than 6 months. We´ve been getting in solo/team Q much more rank than hot join players.

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I’m around rank 47 and I’ve only focused on PvP’ing for about 3-4 months. I probably average about 2-3 hours a day playing. I figure I’m about halfway to the “new” 80. This would mean Dragon will be achievable in somewhere around 500 hours. Still not a small accomplishment, but let’s compare it to WvW….

Even when account-bound WxP hits, nobody will be even remotely close to the top rank 9,945 – after the first couple thousand ranks you have nothing left to spend your rank points on, but you do get rank chests, and you keep earning new titles until finally you achieve the rank of Diamond Legend. But even in WvW you cannot see the rank of your allies on your server, and enemies that see your rank cannot see your player’s name, so even there with that progression system that continuously rewards and goes seemingly forever, there is still no real recognition!

It’s not a coincidence. It’s what Anet thinks it needs to do in order to keep catering to new players. They want to keep selling copies and making money. They want you to BUY your rewards. They don’t care so much about rewarding you for time spent, because the only way time spent = money for them is if the game had a monthly fee.

Bottom line is no monthly fee = cater to new players and monthly fee = cater to existing players.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

That´s untrue. We´ve been receiving chests with 1.000 rank points / win every tournament won for more than 6 months. We´ve been getting in solo/team Q much more rank than hot join players.

Yes because pvp didn’t exist before that let’s forget all about that

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Ironically enough it’s not the rank 70s screaming for dragon for the most part. I’m pretty sure at this point we all realize the goal is unattainable even for us.

Hitting rank 70 is about 30% of the total rank points needed to reach 80. That’s a problem and something that a-net obviously seeks to fix.

But no matter how you cut it, anyone who spent even a second in pvp above rank 55 is being punished for playing the game. It’s like arena-net saying “you guys were hella stupid for playing this pile of crap for so long!”.

At this point I don’t expect they’ll do anything about it or reward those who’ve played longer than the rest. I think that the fact they haven’t responded to the entire situation is a good indicator of that. I figure that they hope that once the patch hits everyone will forget about it and carry on with their fancy, nearly ubiquitous, dragon finishers.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Ironically enough it’s not the rank 70s screaming for dragon for the most part. I’m pretty sure at this point we all realize the goal is unattainable even for us.

Hitting rank 70 is about 30% of the total rank points needed to reach 80. That’s a problem and something that a-net obviously seeks to fix.

But no matter how you cut it, anyone who spent even a second in pvp above rank 55 is being punished for playing the game. It’s like arena-net saying “you guys were hella stupid for playing this pile of crap for so long!”.

At this point I don’t expect they’ll do anything about it or reward those who’ve played longer than the rest. I think that the fact they haven’t responded to the entire situation is a good indicator of that. I figure that they hope that once the patch hits everyone will forget about it and carry on with their fancy, nearly ubiquitous, dragon finishers.

I can’t wait to use it.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Adrianicus Shield.6803

Adrianicus Shield.6803

As the forums are well aware, next patch is bringing free dragon to all! That’s all well and cool because the current rank/reward system is a pile of crap. As a player who’s rank 71 now, I’m alright with not being able to show off my finisher and all that jazz. I’m even alright with being rank 80 4x over.

The one thing that’s really been bugging me though is the fact that I am going to be punished for being higher ranked than 55 at this point. It simply boggles my mind.

I hate to be the one to play the victim card, but no matter how you cut it anyone who has spent a second in pvp over rank 55 before they added chests is getting screwed. Those who are super high rank, like myself, are just getting the D even harder.

I mean, I partook in the system you created more than most of your playerbase. In PvE and WvW that means something. But because I’ve PvPd I’m now going to receive less rewards than those who didn’t. Honestly it doesn’t matter too much. It’s more symbolic than anything…

Could I at least get an apology? “Sorry for kittening you for playing our game” would be fine :P

Source:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/April-15th-Effort-Require-to-Rank-up-in-PvP/first#post3832959

Edit: What I mean is that chests are not going to be retroactive. A player who is currently rank 55 will receive chests all the way up to dragon rank, 35 or 36 according to Evan. Because I am rank 71 I will receive 9 or 10 chests…

I’m sorry. I’m not a dev, and I didn’t change the rank system, but I’m still sorry.

in PvP

Posted by: Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

So yeah… ESO is looking mighty good right about now.

Diotima of Mantinea, r65 Elementalist
Vovin, r65 Warrior
Guild: V A E V I C T I S [HEX]

in PvP

Posted by: chriswho.8605

chriswho.8605

Not even a single response from devs one week after, what does that mean ? They don’t give a crap about it ? It’s just sad, we could’ve had some discussion about all this, but here, it’s just a slap in our faces.

in PvP

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

Not even a single response from devs one week after, what does that mean ? They don’t give a crap about it ? It’s just sad, we could’ve had some discussion about all this, but here, it’s just a slap in our faces.

I would say this is mainly because there are so many threads regarding this issue, they aren’t going to answer every single one of them. Evan did answer in one of the threads and got a very disrespectful response from one particular user, so I doubt it’s encouraging to them when even the responses they get are toxic.

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in PvP

Posted by: Krittz.6013

Krittz.6013

What makes me happy about this is I did not have to bash my head against meta built teams in tpvp for quick rank points or farm or anything – just had fun. And there are ranks above r47? I’m sure that’s about when I stopped caring. c:

in PvP

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

. . . in 5 years we will get another gamemode and this game will be #1 esport with 50million viewers on twitch

Yes I can’t wait!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Most funny thing is how pve heroes are storming forums to defend their free ranks while they never gave a single kitten to pvp or balance discussion (Even if they are worthless cause player’s feedback counts pretty much 0) …noname randoms suddenly becoming pvp experts now that they see free rewards for doing nothing incoming..i bet most of those defending this crap are even under 2k total tpvp matches…but still talking..

epic

(edited by Seifer Thalaen.7869)

in PvP

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

I feel like phoenix should be what more casual players (me) strive for. I would propose the following: set Phoenix at 1,092k rank points and make dragon around 3,275k rank points. This would make players about half way through r69 (I think) and above dragon.

The phoenix emote is very cool and unique looking, and at just over 1m rank points to acquire would make it a very rare finisher and emote with respects to the entire GW2 population and preserve dragon as a finisher for those players who have stayed committed and dedicated to this game through thick and thin (and there has been, sadly, a lot of thin).

Additionally, rank up rewards chests need to be retroactive and available once per day on log in just like the AP chest implementation.

Both WvW and PvE players were given this courtesy (WvW as double chests per rank up and PvE as mentioned above), so I see no reason not to do the same for PvP players.

You guys made the right choice in listening to the community regarding perplexity runes, and I hope you do the same with rank and with amulets/jewels, because other than these few issues, all the changes you’ve shown look really cool, and I’m excited for April 15th.

tl/dr: Make phoenix the emote for the more casual pvpers and preserve dragon as the finisher for those dedicated players who have stayed with this game through thick and thin. Don’t under estimate how important this is to players.

Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: EnVy.3819

EnVy.3819

I think ANET wants an overall progression system with ranks, so I understand making everyone above rank 55 into r80 dragons will be the equivalent to hitting lvl 80 in PvE. In this way, dragon finishers will just be markers for playing enough PvP.

I don’t think that giving r70s “special” finishers is fair though (like a rainbow dragon or something) unless other players can also achieve that finisher after playing for like another year.

However, I do believe that a progression system is needed to differentiate players who are hardcore pvp’ers, or are PvE’ers who just came to farm PvP until r80. Like others have suggested before, I think an addition to the champion title tracks are sufficient. This way, people who have played a bunch of tourneys at least have an exclusive title to show off.

I propose the addition of tiers to the champion profession title track:
150 wins – Champion X
300 wins – Elite X
500 wins – Heroic X
1000 wins – Legendary X
2000 wins – ??? X

With this addition, the existing high rank players will still have some exclusiveness and have something that sets them apart from the other players that will basically get boosted to their same level, since I’m sure most high ranked players already have 500 if not 1000 wins with a single profession.
Also, implementing this will differentiate the high ranked hot-join heroes/skyhammer farmers from people who actually played PvP, and if you skyhammer farmed your way to r60-70, no one has any respect for you anyways.

Just my 2 cents

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

I think ANET wants an overall progression system with ranks, so I understand making everyone above rank 55 into r80 dragons will be the equivalent to hitting lvl 80 in PvE. In this way, dragon finishers will just be markers for playing enough PvP.

I don’t think that giving r70s “special” finishers is fair though (like a rainbow dragon or something) unless other players can also achieve that finisher after playing for like another year.

However, I do believe that a progression system is needed to differentiate players who are hardcore pvp’ers, or are PvE’ers who just came to farm PvP until r80. Like others have suggested before, I think an addition to the champion title tracks are sufficient. This way, people who have played a bunch of tourneys at least have an exclusive title to show off.

I propose the addition of tiers to the champion profession title track:
150 wins – Champion X
300 wins – Elite X
500 wins – Heroic X
1000 wins – Legendary X
2000 wins – ??? X

With this addition, the existing high rank players will still have some exclusiveness and have something that sets them apart from the other players that will basically get boosted to their same level, since I’m sure most high ranked players already have 500 if not 1000 wins with a single profession.
Also, implementing this will differentiate the high ranked hot-join heroes/skyhammer farmers from people who actually played PvP, and if you skyhammer farmed your way to r60-70, no one has any respect for you anyways.

Just my 2 cents

oh well i would be way above the new X ??? title too then…just make all ranks going +10 and it would be fine, if ppl managed to get r70 it means new r80 wouldn’t be impossible to get at all (But you must dedicate to it, as it should be) considering rewards are way higher now than before. But just stop rewarding casuals with free stuff they don’t deserve…seriously..

sad thing is that anet never consider player’s feedback (Expec from old pvp players) as you can see looking at the actual pvp sotg, if we’re playing a dead pvp there’s a reason after all..this new crap is only gonna make more old loyal players quit, gl with your casual pvp then..

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

I couldn’t agree more…veteran players are being punished again
make rank70=dragon
I am rank 66 myself and i get punished for playing team q… how sad

in PvP

Posted by: DanzelOPP.5068

DanzelOPP.5068

How dare arena net make rank 80 an obtainable goal!!!! I understand you guys at 70 put a lot of time in the game and deserve some rewards but I really don’t see the problem with this goal being obtainable in 500 hours rather than 2 years.

B O I N K

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

How dare arena net make rank 80 an obtainable goal!!!! I understand you guys at 70 put a lot of time in the game and deserve some rewards but I really don’t see the problem with this goal being obtainable in 500 hours rather than 2 years.

So what do the new rank 80s have to aim for? No use for gold in PvP and PvP doesn’t give achievement points which is a PvE reward. In the absence of other rewards yeah, we need something that will unfortunately always be unobtainable by most people.

Essentially an infinite progression.

in PvP

DanzelOPP.5068

There is going to be a use for gold in pvp…that’s the currency the new system will use. I assume ( or hope) they add some end game content. Skins? Titles? I don’t know what you want but I can tell you it doesn’t bother me people will be rank 80. They just need titles or some special rewards to seperate the average from the great.
Unobtainable goal? Let’s ask a game made up of 95% casuals and throw some unobtainable goals at them… That’s makes a lot of sense. I agree that there should be something that sets the pros apart from everyone else but rank should be obtainable by everyone.

B O I N K

(edited by DanzelOPP.5068)

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

There is going to be a use for gold in pvp…that’s the currency the new system will use. I assume ( or hope) they add some end game content. Skins? Titles? I don’t know what you want but I can tell you it doesn’t bother me people will be rank 80. They just need titles or some special rewards to seperate the average from the great.
Unobtainable goal? Let’s ask a game made up of 95% casuals and throw some unobtainable goals at them… That’s makes a lot of sense. I agree that there should be something that sets the pros apart from everyone else but rank should be obtainable by everyone.

No one is forcing casuals to aim for titles. They can peacefully continue playing the game. There are some PvE players with 1000s of gold that can never be matched by casuals. Does anyone complain? No. There are players with 3-5 legendaries which will never be reached by casuals. Does anyone complain? No. There are PvE titles which 95% of people can never reach. Does anyone complain? No.

PvP is no different.

in PvP

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

No one is forcing casuals to aim for titles. They can peacefully continue playing the game. There are some PvE players with 1000s of gold that can never be matched by casuals. Does anyone complain? No. There are players with 3-5 legendaries which will never be reached by casuals. Does anyone complain? No. There are PvE titles which 95% of people can never reach. Does anyone complain? No.

PvP is no different.

So you’re telling me :
Casuals = No grind
Hardcore = Grind

Dude you’re hilarious!

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

PvP is no different.

So you’re telling me :
Casuals = No grind
Hardcore = Grind

Dude you’re hilarious!

That’s one way of defining it sure.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

Well I think anet is trying to get away from things that REQUIRE you to play one type of game mode absurd amounts. The new ranks will already be difficult for players to obtain if they want to spend any time in pve/wvw, and many won’t get them.

Nobody is getting the new dragon without devoting a significant amount of time to pvp… and that’s all it’s really meant to show. How easy is it to get level 80 in pve and yet many pvp players only have 0-2 level 80 characters?

I would say if somebody spends the amount of time to get dragon, then they kitten well should be rewarded for their commitment to pvp, they’ve done their part, and shouldn’t feel obliged to continue grinding endlessly if they don’t enjoy the game for what it is yet.

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

i know few of the same people championing that only rank 70+ players get to be rank 80. and mind you that some of them are hotjoin players who only started playing pvp recently when all the extra rank are being handed out like candies. and 1 of the most vocal here is in fact and proven skyhammer farmer. if im a rank 70+ players and those guys are the one backing me ill be embarass coz those are same people these rank 70+ players are saying who cheated and was playing the game wrong.

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

DanzelOPP.5068

Your right I am sure NO ONE has ever complained about those things in pve. Also it doesn’t take two years of pve to acquire any of those things you mentioned.

B O I N K

in PvP

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

soon you can buy your r70 with reallife money anyway
(without ever having played spvp^^)
when chalices of glory become chalices of rank points…

only solution would be that you can buy the deluxe upgrade only once…

provided that you are no poor person ofc
but working in real life and spending the money for gems and then buying rank points will definitly befaster than farming it

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

and 1 of the most vocal here is in fact and proven skyhammer farmer.

I hope you’re not referring to me…

Also, another thing I just heard is that people are getting reimbursed dyes for the duplicate dyes they have on other chars… Second rate citizenship at its finest

Attachments:

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching

(edited by Ostricheggs.3742)

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Also, another thing I just heard is that people are getting reimbursed dyes for the duplicate dyes they have on other chars… Second rate citizenship at its finest

Second rate citizenship?! You?! Are you whining that you are a second rate citizen? That smacks of super entitlement man and I am a fan of yours. About the dye thing…you are like one of a handful of people that could actually win a Legendary, and you are whining about dye? Wow.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

He’s talking about the Nary Irk Why or w/e, the guy came out and said he skyhammer farmed, but he has been the most vocal out of everyone(except bigwad) about "ONLY 70+ DESERVES DRAGON).

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

IMO skyfarmers dont deserve kitten, they should just rank people base on tournaments played.

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Second rate citizenship?! You?! Are you whining that you are a second rate citizen? That smacks of super entitlement man and I am a fan of yours. About the dye thing…you are like one of a handful of people that could actually win a Legendary, and you are whining about dye? Wow.

ummmmm put this it this way.

people who invested in dyes, are getting compesated for changes Anet made!

Anet: “I’m sorry you made you buy different dyes for every character”

people who invested in PvP, are Not getting compensated for the changes

Anet “I’m sorry you spent 3k hours in PvP, you’re NOT getting anything, infact! people who played a fraction of what you played, are getting compensated more than you”

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Anet “I’m sorry you spent 3k hours in PvP, you’re NOT getting anything, infact! people who played a fraction of what you played, are getting compensated more than you”

Don’t forget:
PvE hero: What can I do with all these useless blade shards? (recent ls thing or w/e)

Anet: (direct quote): “Please don’t delete them!
You can hold on to your extra blade shards, as the team will be adding something later which will allow you to convert the shards to something of value. Dev will be announcing more on that later. Thanks!”

in PvP

Posted by: SZSSZS.3784

SZSSZS.3784

To be fair, I’d say the compensation in these two examples is consistent. In other words awful.

Those who bought a unique abyss and celestial dye across 10 alts will be give 18 unidentified dyes. As pvper’s who’ve opened hundreds, we know how awful the drop rates are XD.

In either case those who’ve played longer (earned more gold/played more spvp) are being poorly compensated; a few unidentified dyes for all that gold lost, and a few champ bags for countless hours of tourneys.

(edited by SZSSZS.3784)

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

That isn’t really a good comparison and totally misses my point. Both the PvE player and the person I was speaking to have access to dye. In fact, I would say that I have gotten more dye from PvP than I ever got in PvE and I have more hours played in PvE, but it’s not like I haven’t played my fair share of PvP(rank 49).

But back to my point that you derailed. My point was about the hypocrisy of calling someone else entitled about dye, when a highly ranked —and highly skilled-- pvp player has had more access to dye through PvP crafting mats than Johnny “PvE Hero” as you so kindly put it. ArenaNet is making PvP better and this thread is all about people arbitrarily picking a rank they think should be bumped up. Those ranks have been picked. If you got past a certain rank, you get bumped up to a different one. ArenaNet announced months ago that this change was coming. I have posted the link on previous pages. I agree that these new chests should be retro-active. I don’t agree however with the some of the hypocritical comments flying around in this thread though. It’s not cool.

in PvP

Ostricheggs.3742

That isn’t really a good comparison and totally misses my point. Both the PvE player and the person I was speaking to have access to dye. In fact, I would say that I have gotten more dye from PvP than I ever got in PvE and I have more hours played in PvE, but it’s not like I haven’t played my fair share of PvP(rank 49).

But back to my point that you derailed. My point was about the hypocrisy of calling someone else entitled about dye, when a highly ranked —and highly skilled-- pvp player has had more access to dye through PvP crafting mats than Johnny “PvE Hero” as you so kindly put it. ArenaNet is making PvP better and this thread is all about people arbitrarily picking a rank they think should be bumped up. Those ranks have been picked. If you got past a certain rank, you get bumped up to a different one. ArenaNet announced months ago that this change was coming. I have posted the link on previous pages. I agree that these new chests should be retro-active. I don’t agree however with the some of the hypocritical comments flying around in this thread though. It’s not cool.

The entire idea behind the comparison is the reimbursement of time (which gold essentially equates to gold). I’ll get plenty of dyes from the change, which I find ironic considering I would have even more had I PvE’d to any extent. They actually cared about the reaction of anyone who has an amount of dyes on multiple chars. That’s something I take offense to given that I’ve spent FAR more hours PvPing for the sake of PvPing than doing any game mode for the sake of dyes. If anyone has the ability to gain any amount of dyes then it’s pvers with their vast quantities of gold.

The issue that I was QQing about in my previous post that you railed on was that they are reimbursing anything that might be subject to being kittened over with the coming patch regarding PvE while the only form of reward that I have for my own time spent is getting destroyed.

They did NOT announce that any rank past rank 55 was going to be pointless ranks gained. They indicated otherwise by increasing ranks. They hinted previously at doing away with ranks in their entirety. Then they increased rank points gained which greatly sped up ranks which implied they were fine with the current system given they increased rewards to make them more attainable.

They left us totally in the dark over their final decision, which kittens rank 70+’s more than anyone else, until the last ready up. That is why you see these QQ threads pop up.

in PvP

bhagwad.4281

The entire idea behind the comparison is the reimbursement of time (which gold essentially equates to gold). I’ll get plenty of dyes from the change, which I find ironic considering I would have even more had I PvE’d to any extent. They actually cared about the reaction of anyone who has an amount of dyes on multiple chars. That’s something I take offense to given that I’ve spent FAR more hours PvPing for the sake of PvPing than doing any game mode for the sake of dyes. If anyone has the ability to gain any amount of dyes then it’s pvers with their vast quantities of gold.

The issue that I was QQing about in my previous post that you railed on was that they are reimbursing anything that might be subject to being kittened over with the coming patch regarding PvE while the only form of reward that I have for my own time spent is getting destroyed.

They did NOT announce that any rank past rank 55 was going to be pointless ranks gained. They indicated otherwise by increasing ranks. They hinted previously at doing away with ranks in their entirety. Then they increased rank points gained which greatly sped up ranks which implied they were fine with the current system given they increased rewards to make them more attainable.

They left us totally in the dark over their final decision, which kittens rank 70+’s more than anyone else, until the last ready up. That is why you see these QQ threads pop up.

Agreed. Dyes are not a measure of a PvE person’s progress. Ranks however, are the only measure of a PvP player who is 2 years old and one who joined a week ago.

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Again put legendaries into the gem shop for 100 gems..let’s see how pve heroes who worked for them (Not nearly as much as it takes for r60 btw) would welcome that…would be fair for those new players right? Every pve scrub or random casual wants pvp ranks to be easy…why not pve stuff too then? Bring it on…see what happens, they farmed their gold anyway so what’s the point having something someone farmed for? Legendaries to everyone…now

btw 3500 views…anet still doesn’t give a single kitten…

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

Yeah, the last ready up showed what this whole push is for and what did we expect? The majority of the threads in the PvP forums over the last year have been about how, “PvP is dead! No one is playing PvP”. So what did they do? They smartly made PvP more accessible. Colin talked about how they had a 40% increase in PvP during Wintersday. That is a mind boggling increase. PvP’ers that play a lot also benefited heavily monetarily if they changed their Glory into gifts. It was a win/win. I think the shift to this system in the end is better for PvP overall. Do some people miss out on some things in the short term? Yeah. But in the long term, PvP will be stronger because of this shift. There will be more people playing, and that is what the main thrust of PvP threads have been about for months. This change addresses that in a positive way.

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

Yeah, the last ready up showed what this whole push is for and what did we expect? The majority of the threads in the PvP forums over the last year have been about how, “PvP is dead! No one is playing PvP”. So what did they do? They smartly made PvP more accessible. Colin talked about how they had a 40% increase in PvP during Wintersday. That is a mind boggling increase. PvP’ers that play a lot also benefited heavily monetarily if they changed their Glory into gifts. It was a win/win. I think the shift to this system in the end is better for PvP overall. Do some people miss out on some things in the short term? Yeah. But in the long term, PvP will be stronger because of this shift. There will be more people playing, and that is what the main thrust of PvP threads have been about for months. This change addresses that in a positive way.

This change is only making many high ranked players quit for obvious reasons. Getting decent game modes, balanced classes and better overall quality and rewards would bring more ppl in pvp. This is just going to attract ppl farming for cheap ranks and then leaving forever …can’t believe ppl are so blind.. I know pve heroes still want to get their free emotes for doing nothing so they are going to defend this change till death…but lol, seriously? Just say “I want cool emotes but i don’t want to work hard for them, give me my free ranks and screw those who have 3k+ hours in pvp” still sounds more reasonable than all this bs you’re bringing up to support this crap.

in PvP

Posted by: ens.9854

ens.9854

We want people coming in to farm cheap ranks because in that amount of time they may realize they enjoy pvp and stick around. Or if not, at least they devoted some hours and increased the playerbase

Anybody who claims they are leaving over this is either a troll and will end up playing still or just wants an excuse to move on from a game they don’t really like.

It’s time for the elitists to suck it up for the benefit of the game overall. They are an itty bitty minority after all

in PvP

Posted by: Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

I guess some of you never heard the phrase, “the ends don’t justify the means”?

Diotima of Mantinea, r65 Elementalist
Vovin, r65 Warrior
Guild: V A E V I C T I S [HEX]

in PvP

Iason Evan.3806

[/quote]

This change is only making many high ranked players quit for obvious reasons. Getting decent game modes, balanced classes and better overall quality and rewards would bring more ppl in pvp. This is just going to attract ppl farming for cheap ranks and then leaving forever …can’t believe ppl are so blind.. I know pve heroes still want to get their free emotes for doing nothing so they are going to defend this change till death…but lol, seriously? Just say “I want cool emotes but i don’t want to work hard for them, give me my free ranks and screw those who have 3k+ hours in pvp” still sounds more reasonable than all this bs you’re bringing up to support this crap.[/quote]

It’s not bs. Look at the forum threads over the last year. How many do you think were about how dead PvP was? So what did they do? They implemented a system that will get bodies into PvP. Everyone in the PvP forums just kept saying, “PvP is dead. We need more people. lolz if you think this is esports.” For months that was all that was being said. They make the change and no one focuses on the positive that will come out of it. Everyone wants to whine and then set an arbitrary rank that should get boosted while forsaking all the other ranks. That is the crap part. As if my thousand or so hours of playing pvp mean absolutely nothing. Sure, rank 70’s have played more than me, but that doesn’t mean people who have put less time in haven’t put a lot of time in, because they have.

It is a really myopic thing to only look at this one change and not see the bigger picture. If you don’t think they will reward the best and longest standing players you are totally missing the point and also not giving ArenaNet enough credit. Is it gonna take your patience? Yeah, but if you have spent thousands of hours playing a video game then you have nothing but time on your hands, so it’s all good.

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

not you of course i cant name him cause i got 2 warning already for makin fun of him.

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

not you of course i cant name him cause i got 2 warning already for makin fun of him.

14 Nary Why Irk.8150 Bombing Technology 1198 807 59,75% Bahía de Baruch [ES]

Make fun of what? Can´t see you up there on leaderboard

in PvP

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

I dint say its you. why you so defensive? haha lol are you skyhammer farmer?

Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Nary Why Irk.8150

I dint say its you. why you so defensive? haha lol are you skyhammer farmer?

Yes I farm it often with my decap engi in hot joins, mostly everyday, and it´s very fun
Does that mean farming skyhammer you can´t be a top player?

in PvP

Seifer Thalaen.7869

It’s time for the elitists to suck it up for the benefit of the game overall. They are an itty bitty minority after all

For the benefits of what? WE ARE THE ONES WHO KEPT THIS PVP ALIVE TILL NOW, PLAYING SINCE START AND KEPT PLAYING EVEN IF IT WAS PURE TRASH, IF THERE IS SOMEONE WHO MUST BE REWARDED IT’S US…NOT THOSE FREE UBER RANKS WANNABE NONAMES. Tired of all those pve heroes coming on forum talking about pvp benefits while they didn’t give a single kitten till now, want your free ranks? Fine, you’ll still suck anyway but, as i said before, just write down you want this patch just because you can’t get high ranks the legit way so they must dumb down everything just to make randoms happy. Someone who didn’t play this crap pvp since start has no right to talk about pvp benefits or not. Random ppl telling ostrich to sacrifice for them while he probably already went for more pvp than you’ll ever do in your whole life together and freaking anet supporting all those scrubs. Just be glad for your free stuff and gtfo already..