If you can't beat em, join them

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

I decided to roll a turret engi because i am so tired of their brokeness in pvp, and man the free wins have been pouring down like candy.

(edited by Lifestealer.4910)

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydivEU.9670

infantrydivEU.9670

Pooptastic! Wahoo!

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

I’ve only seen a turret engi a couple of times but it always ended with a warrior just wading into his defensive setup smashing everything.

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Turret engine extremely good soloQ but at the higher end of teamq not so good.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Turret engis are easy if you are not focused on fighting on the point. Back away, range and AoE them, lure them away from turrets if you can. When his turrets start getting low and going down, pop stab and go in for a burst.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in PvP

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Turret engis are easy if you are not focused on fighting on the point. Back away, range and AoE them, lure them away from turrets if you can. When his turrets start getting low and going down, pop stab and go in for a burst.

The problem is a turret engi will always be contesting a point with your bunker. They are literally the only bunker that can rush far early by themselves and completely push out the other bunker, forcing them to back off or die. Are you going to tell me when you are bunkering home that you will get off the point and stand away and just slowly take down the turrets and then slowly kill the engi?.. because even if that somehow worked, you would be sitting at 50+ point deficit in which case i think the engi already has done his job.

This is how my games usually go (in an ideal situation ofc). I go far to contest point with enemy home bunker, i kill him or he runs away ( most stay and get killed). I take point, the bunker either comes back and die, gets help (in which case they lose mid because they would be down a person), or just try to make a play elsewhere which may or may not work.

The only true counter i found to turret engi is zerker staff ele but then that build is free food to thieves and there is no shortage of thieves in tpvp.

(edited by Lifestealer.4910)

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Great tip!!!! but I remind you we play in a conquest mode and we need to stay on point to get what? points yes points.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

I am curious – what is this unkillable turret engy build, because every engy I see sporting turrets just gets hambowed. Can you link it?

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

That’s easier said than done though. Like i just had, when you have to deal with a team of 2 turret engi and a mm necro, being a glassy team, it’s literraly not doable.

One team requires a lot of communication, solid team composition, solid builds( i like testing some in soloQ), doing complicated tricks like you mentionned to kill. Other team can win by simply having 1 engi camp mid and the mm necro camp home, rest watching map.

However, it’s easier to deal with in teamQ yes..

in PvP

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

On my Necro, I beat engineers everytime…Engineers can’t seem to cope with a good/decent Necro but vs any other class they are PURE EVIL. Unless I am on my Necro, don’t even bother now when I know a skilled Engineer is on a point, just clear off to cap another point.

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

There’s only 1 turret that I think is broken , the one that blocks projectiles which allows the engi to camp in his turrets without being attacked.

The rest is fine.

…which is all of them because the shield is a trait. (except we’re not talking about the same thing)

in PvP

Julie Yann.5379

The problem is a turret engi will always be contesting a point with your bunker. They are literally the only bunker that can rush far early by themselves and completely push out the other bunker, forcing them to back off or die. Are you going to tell me when you are bunkering home that you will get off the point and stand away and just slowly take down the turrets and then slowly kill the engi?.. because even if that somehow worked, you would be sitting at 50+ point deficit in which case i think the engi already has done his job.

This is how my games usually go (in an ideal situation ofc). I go far to contest point with enemy home bunker, i kill him or he runs away ( most stay and get killed). I take point, the bunker either comes back and die, gets help (in which case they lose mid because they would be down a person), or just try to make a play elsewhere which may or may not work.

The only true counter i found to turret engi is zerker staff ele but then that build is free food to thieves and there is no shortage of thieves in tpvp.

Send in a DPS build to deal with them, a Zerk Hambow or Eviscerate Warrior will clean them out fairly quickly, Rangers, Eles, a DPS Guardian, and a good Necro can also handle them pretty well. The thing is in soloq not everyone knows how to rotate and you often get people focusing on the same points and dying.

Great tip!!!! but I remind you we play in a conquest mode and we need to stay on point to get what? points yes points.

So staying on point and dying giving the opposing team extra points from your death plus the points for the cap is a better idea? If you are going to lose the fight you are better off leaving the point and either help at mid or push far. Dying at home doesn’t help anyone.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Send in a DPS build to deal with them, a Zerk Hambow or Eviscerate Warrior will clean them out fairly quickly, Rangers, Eles, a DPS Guardian, and a good Necro can also handle them pretty well. The thing is in soloq not everyone knows how to rotate and you often get people focusing on the same points and dying.

So staying on point and dying giving the opposing team extra points from your death plus the points for the cap is a better idea? If you are going to lose the fight you are better off leaving the point and either help at mid or push far. Dying at home doesn’t help anyone.

Btw I’m saying about Solo Q because in team Q this build is useless.

In Solo Q the communication is a lot more difficult and thus this build is more successful.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

also 2 of the turrets will be hitting you from 1500 and the engi will be hitting you from 1200, even the flame turret has a range of over 700 when traited,

and you better pray the haven’t traited for the reflect shields or the plan to stay away and spam ranged attack crumbles :P

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I really don’t understand why people consider turret engineers to be strong. I have yet to even feel threatened while fighting one. Maybe its because I have typically only fought them using a condition ranger build, but still.

in PvP

Posted by: Inscrutable.8347

Inscrutable.8347

Everything is OP to the sheep

in PvP

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I think the 20s Chill from Necro is more broken than anything on Engi.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in PvP

Julie Yann.5379

I think the 20s Chill from Necro is more broken than anything on Engi.

or that chain immobilize that some builds can pull off.

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

That AI cancer kitten is not over powered; but it’s for sure the lamest and most unfun builds to fight of all builds ever used in soloque almost as bad as Pre-nerf Hambow/Mm Necro.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Zadarh.1932

Zadarh.1932

Anyone with some protection and reliable condi cleanse can stand in the circle with a turret engi. I run rt up to them, drop a chaos storm and run in. Depending on the map, some points are bigger than others, I can get the engi to start dancing in and out. It’s a lengthy process but it’s not unusual for aid to be sent from other pts, now it’s 2v3 on 1 pt, my team has an extra player somewhere taking something.

~Gw2 Machinima, WvW Tips & Much More~
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperJunkShow

in PvP

Posted by: bethekey.8314

bethekey.8314

I never thought I would see the day.

Guild Wars 2 Bucket List

• People complaining about turrets – Check

(edited by bethekey.8314)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I really don’t understand why people consider turret engineers to be strong. I have yet to even feel threatened while fighting one. Maybe its because I have typically only fought them using a condition ranger build, but still.

Most engineer builds are weak to conditions and kiting, so that would make sense.

Unfortunately one reason people find turret engineers strong is because of the forums. We’re somehow convinced that winning the fight isn’t as important as standing on the node and dying…things as simple as firing a single combustion shot onto the point, waiting five seconds, and then going melee with the engineer could be enough to win the fight instead of lose it, but people tend to suicide on points constantly. Not to say that decapping builds aren’t effective, but they’re only truly effective when they can’t be killed 1v1, like the old AR decap builds. If you have to choose between dying or killing a guy but losing control of the node for 30 seconds, win the fight.

In addition, engineers do have powerful anti-melee. A lot of people play melee builds, say stuff like greatsword guardian. And of course a semi-tanky greatsword guardian that that isn’t really very good at dps or sustain will get crushed by a turret engineer.

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

I am curious – what is this unkillable turret engy build, because every engy I see sporting turrets just gets hambowed. Can you link it?

this is what i ran few days after patck. cant hold a point, but is very good at killing anything, 1v1 or teamfight.

just put your turrets in a LARGE triangle around the point, away from teamfight AOE deathball and not let bouncing/aoe hits (like thief sb or staff ele shower) hit all of them at once. try to put flame first (mind 750 range) in enemy’s way and make sure enemy is exposed to rocket and rifle (1500 range) while bringing flame down. then stay away from anyone and at most help with occasional pistol #2,3. dont use as blast finishers, but just as a plain damage.

if needed, can pick up flame, rifle and help side nodes (keep rocket at center). otherwise hang out at mid.

when really in pitch, drop supply truck.

yesterday i went back to this build for couple of games. enemy zerker guard and thief battled for a while off nifhel mid (hotjoin) and killed 2v2 our two. i stayed put at mid point. then they ran at me. i managed to keep running in circles and drop supply cart. i went down. enemy thief went down. enemy guard tried to rez him and went down. thief died and i rallied. guard died. 1v2 engi won against zerker thief and zerker guard.

when downed, game is far from over. in fact, bulk of your dps is still up. enemy better stomp you fast.

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Guild Wars 2 Bucket List

Tears slowly form in my eyes. The day i saw turrets and nerf in the same sentence, a feat believed to be impossible.

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Guild Wars 2 Bucket List

Tears slowly form in my eyes. The day i saw turrets and nerf in the same sentence, a feat believed to be impossible.

Funny, isn’kitten It was only about 6 weeks ago where a turret engi would be laughed out of the match. And now people complain that it’s too powerful? No, it isn’t. So much godkitten kittening, and engineers can never win. ANet, two years into release, finally gives engineers options for viable turret builds, and the forums QQ? Good God, lets just scrap every godkitten profession in a game and make a single new one just called ‘Vanilla’. There’s just one skill bound to the 1 key called ‘Sally eats vanilla ice cream’. That way we can all sit around mid point and eat ice cream with your toons and nobody will ever have to cry again.

Or, or, or just learn to counter a turret engi. Not that hard.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Guild Wars 2 Bucket List

honestly? you didn’t foresee Anet buffing another AI spec?
give it time and i’m sure they’ll buff spirit weapons too so you can cross another AI crutch build off your list too!

ironically the only AI they seem to consistently nerf is the ranger pets,
which is the one AI that we’d expect to be decent since it is a mandatory mechanic for the entire class.

in PvP

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Guild Wars 2 Bucket List

honestly? you didn’t foresee Anet buffing another AI spec?
give it time and i’m sure they’ll buff spirit weapons too so you can cross another AI crutch build off your list too!

ironically the only AI they seem to consistently nerf is the ranger pets,
which is the one AI that we’d expect to be decent since it is a mandatory mechanic for the entire class.

You obviously didnt get the memo about bearbow.
Which is completely OP AND can 1 v 1 everything in the game.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in PvP

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

im joining the walking dead legion of warriors,

they be like: 2/0/6/6/0, healing signet, bow/(insert any autoattack weapon here). and if you complaint or make a thread you get interacted by the white knight defenders.
So from now on, im a brainless too.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

in PvP

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I run a turret engineer.

Learn how to beat them.

1.) Extremely weak against conditions – water turret only cleanses two at a time.
2.) Has one or no stun breaks.
3.) AoE the turrets down – once turrets are down, has very little else to deal with.

Geez people, L2P.

in PvP

Posted by: Nadha.6097

Nadha.6097

Guild Wars 2 Bucket List

^This! wooow! my turrets are actually hitting something! yaay! part of the class can actually be used

in PvP

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Guild Wars 2 Bucket List

This is great.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

ITT: Ai specs aren’t cancer! Learn to play!
In MMnecro Threads; AI Specs are cancer, Anet plz Nerf!
In Phantasm Mesmer threads; AI specs are cancer, Anet plz Nerf!

Make up your God kitten mind engies.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: alofear.9637

alofear.9637

I think this topic was posted once before, there are two turret builds that have been floating around, there are the Knock-back-neers and the Turret-neers that have popped up recently.

IMO I’m happy that I have a new build that is fun for my play style. (I play a Knock-back-neer)

And I’ve mention before I’ve taken on 3 or more people and was able to hold my ground until the match was over. The whole point of my class is to stand my ground and hold a point (that is what bunkers are for).

BUT!! I have gone 1v1 with a lot better players who doge thru my turrets knock-backs and where able to down me easy. And its not the same class/build every time. The builds we all know (hambows, d/d eles) are easy for me to deal with, because I know there attack plans. Its the players who understand there classes so well that if i make one wrong move I’m dead.

There is no “win” all class that can take on a whole team and win. unless the team is clueless and the player knows how to counter other players.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

This statement applies to all meta builds. For quite some time I became invested in playing off meta builds. After playing round for ages I went back to a simple meta build just to change things up. The change was instant. Too many nerfs aimed at what people QQ the most, not enough development to other aspects that would make them more viable. Warrior illustrates the issue the most. Hammer/longbow vs Great sword/axe-shield. Both builds are good, however one is far more straight forward and bug/pathing issue free, so therefore it will win far more often no matter how averagely it is played against how well played great sword was played. Waiting for the meta to settle actually only entrenches it further.