Is the Community just bad ?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

these players want to continue running (example) the same shatter build they have been runnimg from launch, the same DD ele build from 7 months ago, same cheesy BM Ranger, etc on the same team comp they run for every map, every month… completely ignoring the unique mechanics of every map.

That’s because the only people still TPvP’ing in this game tend to be diehard fans who are clinging on to one aspect or another they feel Anet did greatly.
Throwing the game through a few loops, whether good or not, tends to jeopardize that.

It’s a terrible place for a game to be, one that easily could have been solved by not trying to entirely reinvent a genre with very restricted/quality time to work out the major kinks in the base game dynamics… before release…

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

I fail to see how 1 or 2 days of this map in the tournament rotation is bad.

If people only play when there favorite map is in the tournament rotation, and they remove there favorite map, people just wont comeback anymore.

People need diversity anyways, this map gives people time to relook at other skills besides the skills they’ve been playing with for 7 months.

As far as the map goes, I think its perfect where it is at. The cannon should get bunkers off the nodes, it makes the cannon a lot more important. Last thing engineers suck on this map, they lack stun breaks, stun breaks are huge on this map because it could save you from being feared when about to run off cliff or being knockbacked and laying on the glass too long. If you come in with 8 knockbacks that’s fine, all that means is I’ll make short work of you, I don’t have to worry about you breaking a fear or stun.

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I fail to see how 1 or 2 days of this map in the tournament rotation is bad.

If people only play when there favorite map is in the tournament rotation, and they remove there favorite map, people just wont comeback anymore.

People need diversity anyways, this map gives people time to relook at other skills besides the skills they’ve been playing with for 7 months.

As far as the map goes, I think its perfect where it is at. The cannon should get bunkers off the nodes, it makes the cannon a lot more important. Last thing engineers suck on this map, they lack stun breaks, stun breaks are huge on this map because it could save you from being feared when about to run off cliff or being knockbacked and laying on the glass too long. If you come in with 8 knockbacks that’s fine, all that means is I’ll make short work of you, I don’t have to worry about you breaking a fear or stun.

Engineers are god on this map. I love my engi build. Its amazing here. Do I only have one stunbreak? SURE! But I will make even shorter work of anyone that has less than permanent stability.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Well, saying engi are bad in this map isn’t totally correct, imho. But i would rather say that you can be a sort of “glass control”. You can do builds with many knockbacks…and at the same time, you will also be quite weak to them. Similar builds wouldn’t work in other maps, sure. But i don’t see how this should be a problem – you already know where are you going to play, after all.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Like recently, it was Necros. Now that has quieted down a bit, because people have learned to adapt a bit to the condition meta

Don’t get it twisted. Necromancers are still very overpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

What do you guys think?

• do you want more fun and creative maps, with innovate mechanics ?
    OR..
  • plain boring maps with meaningless mechanics so you can run the same build and team comp map after the next?

I’ll just leave this here:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/loaded-question

And clearly your idea of innovative is something different than mine, the map has the trebuchet from battle of kyhlo(1 instead of 2) and you can’t dodge it this time, nor do you have to aim with it. Aside from that there is nothing special about it.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

What do you guys think?

• do you want more fun and creative maps, with innovate mechanics ?
    OR..
  • plain boring maps with meaningless mechanics so you can run the same build and team comp map after the next?

Played Skyhammer. If you like it, you are for the second option.

Fallacy for fallacy.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

The GW2 sPvP community is terrible and has been since October. The largest collection of whingers I’ve come across but thankfully it’s shrinking everyday (the sPvP community as a whole is shrinking and is in its last legs IMO).

For months the community have collectively whinged about balance in quite possible the most balanced MMORPG’s going around when the glaring issue has and always was infrastructure. Too many players have a personal investment in thier class and every balance discussion is skewed to purely subjective gibberish.

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The GW2 sPvP community is terrible and has been since October. The largest collection of whingers I’ve come across but thankfully it’s shrinking everyday (the sPvP community as a whole is shrinking and is in its last legs IMO).

For months the community have collectively whinged about balance in quite possible the most balanced MMORPG’s going around when the glaring issue has and always was infrastructure. Too many players have a personal investment in thier class and every balance discussion is skewed to purely subjective gibberish.

Sorry but if you think the game is balanced, You are crazy. Sure the whinging is bad Anets poor useless attempts of “balance” and bug/issue fixing is ALOT worse and seems to get worse by the day.

Until Anet get a handle of what the issues are and actually FIX whats broken rather then fix what doesnt need fixing and BALANCE the classes then the game WILL continue to go downhill

The game STILL has bugs and issues that were in the BETA, Necro has again become the pre-release Overpowered class that were nerfed to much come release. Thief is STILL overpowered and Stealth (at least with them) is still broken.

The game has very little in build diversity either which is also ruining the game and making it VERY poor.

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

Its not that the PvP community hates change, they just want to fight other players with their class. If they wanted to kill players with siege they would be doing WvW a game mode with massive amounts of overpowered siege.

I would venture a guess that the majority of the tPvP community would be ok with the new map minus the cannon and super tiny nodes.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Sorry but if you think the game is balanced, You are crazy. Sure the whinging is bad Anets poor useless attempts of “balance” and bug/issue fixing is ALOT worse and seems to get worse by the day.

Until Anet get a handle of what the issues are and actually FIX whats broken rather then fix what doesnt need fixing and BALANCE the classes then the game WILL continue to go downhill

The game STILL has bugs and issues that were in the BETA, Necro has again become the pre-release Overpowered class that were nerfed to much come release. Thief is STILL overpowered and Stealth (at least with them) is still broken.

The game has very little in build diversity either which is also ruining the game and making it VERY poor.

Once again, another player who thinks balance is the reason for GW2’s downfall not the complete lack of infrastructure.

Every game has a built in unbalance and that’s fine. The game is built around 5v5 and most commonly those fights aren’t taking place so there is a perceived imbalance which isn’t the case.

Sure, there’s bugs but they aren’t show stoppers by any stretch.

in PvP

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Once again, another player who thinks balance is the reason for GW2’s downfall not the complete lack of infrastructure.

Every game has a built in unbalance and that’s fine. The game is built around 5v5 and most commonly those fights aren’t taking place so there is a perceived imbalance which isn’t the case.

Sure, there’s bugs but they aren’t show stoppers by any stretch.

i didnt say it was the ONLY issue, the game has MANY in my opinion but the awful balancing, bug issue fixing is right up there. Sure they wont get 100% balanced, but lets be honest in several areas of the “balance” they are going backwards. Take Necro they were OP in Beta, got nerfed and now look where they are….back to Beta OP-ness.

They are not learning from the mistakes they KEEP making. The S/TPvP has alot of issues as well and the SERIOUS lack of new content is a major issue as well. As long as the game has so many issues it will NEVER be a eSport like Anet wish it could be

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Its not that the PvP community hates change, they just want to fight other players with their class. If they wanted to kill players with siege they would be doing WvW a game mode with massive amounts of overpowered siege.

I would venture a guess that the majority of the tPvP community would be ok with the new map minus the cannon and super tiny nodes.

because then we could go back to the 2 bunkers 3 roamers setup we use on every other map, right?

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Anet… custom loadouts please, so that I can switch to my build for this map, that map, bunker here, burst there, based on the map.

Will not make people stop resisting change and complaining, especially on a map where you can be punished so easily as this one, but it will at least ease the symptoms, and it’s a good tool to implement anyway in a game based around build tinkering. I have 3 toons at the moment that are nothing more than variations of builds I want to run, just so I don’t have to rebuild on the fly and risk missing the wrong amulet or trait, etc.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

in PvP

Posted by: ryston.7640

ryston.7640

no, the game, and i infer the devs, are bad.

the community is comprised of leftovers that still play this mostly bad game.

in PvP

Posted by: Dominarian.1750

Dominarian.1750

The community has kind of gone down the toilet lately. +1 to keeping the map.

in PvP

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

no, the game, and i infer the devs, are bad.

the community is comprised of leftovers that still play this mostly bad game.

…why are you playing a bad game then? and if you’re not, what the hell are you doing on the forums? :/

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

because then we could go back to the 2 bunkers 3 roamers setup we use on every other map, right?

Because Anet should balance the classes not add a gimmick to hide poor game balance.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

I agree with the OP. The map is awesome and I absolutely love how it forced shift away from just bunkers and AOE condi spam. It gave new options to outplay your opponent and honestly is just a ton of fun once you learn all the mechanics of the map. I love the jump pads and possibilities opened up by that for assaulting someone or sneak attacking them from above before dropping down to try to blast them on some glass and land an immobilize so they can’t get off.

It makes me laugh how the people who hate the map scream skill-less. Just makes me think they got owned by someone more skilled at working the map than them and now they are on the forum to QQ about it.

Know what else was cool about the map for me? When I got outplayed, I was never angry. It wasn’t like other maps where I would sit there thinking how ridiculously lame the AOE condition spam was (talk about SKILL-LESS lol) or anything else…instead I would usually have a smile on my face and a determination to go back and see if I could outplay the person and get them into one of the traps.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Skyhammer wasn’t fun.

What people want is deathmatch, so people like maps that present the least obtrusive mechanics and allow players to actually fight against each other.

Not necessarily true. I want 2v2 and 3v3 arenas and also want CtF added to the game, but I also liked Skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Lue.6538

Lue.6538

So some people actually enjoy playing their old build and doesn’t want to be forced to change? Such atrocity.

Most warriors still run the run of the mill berserker 2h sword/axe+shield combination and it kinda works, the problem isn’t really as much that people are opposed to change as they are to actually having to find out things for themselves, it is far more convenient to just pop onto these forums, enter your professions subforum and pick up one of the cookiecutter builds presented, they’ll rarely or never be the best builds, but you can be kitten sure that they work to a certain extent.

And the meta has shifted, since they buffed necromancers beyond recognition theres just a huge shift in the professions that you encounter in tPvP, alot of champion paragons/magis/geniuses and illusionists all run around as rookie necros now.