Is the new reward system being worked on?

in PvP

Posted by: Beastjk.6531

Beastjk.6531

Dec 10th is the balance patch, while that is being worked on, is the new reward system on hold? Also I would assume the leaderboards and matching fix would come with it.

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

~January 2014 dev said I believe. To be safe lets just assume Dec 2014

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

Probably at the end of 2014, but personally I think of it as unlikely because too many promises were made so far.

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

they said its already in developement and first step should be done before the end of the year… and then followed with more parts of overall reward system…

as of now, they already changed how glory/rank points are gained in the match, lets hope its just a first small step and we will get much more and finally get rewarded for skilled play…

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

The balance changes are being done by the Skills and Combat team. The rewards are being done by the PvP team.

I believe we are getting close to revealing more details about the reward changes, but I’m not certain about when that will be.

The solo arena roster shuffling should be in the next update (11/12) unless we find a critical bug and have to back out the change. This change should eliminate the sync queuing, and do a great deal toward preventing lopsided matchups.

More significant changes to matchmaking will come sometime next year, and I’ve already been told I can write-up a blog post and start a conversation with you guys, so keep an eye out for that.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

The solo arena roster shuffling should be in the next update (11/12) unless we find a critical bug and have to back out the change. This change should eliminate the sync queuing, and do a great deal toward preventing lopsided matchups.

This is excellent news. I can’t emphasize enough how important this is in restoring players’ faith in the soloQ system.

Concurrent to rolling out the MMR fixes, please do a reset of the soloQ leaderboards. It might seem like a hard step to take, but it’s the only correct one. Also consider starting new people at a lower MMR, so that people who go 11-0 do not end up leading the boards. Oh, and fix decay so that 11-0 people don’t stay up top forever.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Concurrent to rolling out the MMR fixes, please do a reset of the soloQ leaderboards.

This would require resetting everyone’s MMR, which is something we could do, but I’m not sure is something we’d want to do.

Also consider starting new people at a lower MMR

This is something we’ve been talking about for multiple reasons. I don’t recall if its something we’re doing soon though.

Oh, and fix decay so that 11-0 people don’t stay up top forever.

The decay seems fine to me, the problem is that they’ re taking advantage of the decay reset by playing every so often. Sit tight for news about how we will make this problem go away.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Gesamtkunstwerk.6590

Concurrent to rolling out the MMR fixes, please do a reset of the soloQ leaderboards.

This would require resetting everyone’s MMR, which is something we could do, but I’m not sure is something we’d want to do.

Could you guys give us the option of resetting our personal MMR? A lot of players were on the receiving end of imbalanced match-ups. Shouldn’t they have the opportunity to rebuild their damaged MMR if they choose?

Diotima of Mantinea, r65 Elementalist
Vovin, r65 Warrior
Guild: V A E V I C T I S [HEX]

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

The decay seems fine to me, the problem is that they’ re taking advantage of the decay reset by playing every so often. Sit tight for news about how we will make this problem go away.

Sounds good.

Looking forward to your blog. I like the recent efforts you guys have done in improving transparency regarding the changes you do, especially explaining why you contemplate a particular change and what effect you hope to achieve. Latest patch preview with explanations was a positive surprise. I hope the blog continues in the same vein.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

(edited by Aereniel.7356)

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

The balance changes are being done by the Skills and Combat team. The rewards are being done by the PvP team.

I believe we are getting close to revealing more details about the reward changes, but I’m not certain about when that will be.

More significant changes to matchmaking will come sometime next year, and I’ve already been told I can write-up a blog post and start a conversation with you guys, so keep an eye out for that.

Oh I can’t wait for this new reward system. All of my friends and people I’ve built relationships with don’t play sPvP because its either boring in terms of game mode, they don’t feel like they’re accomplishing anything, and it doesn’t affect PvE at all for them. So I’m stuck with roaming with them in WvW and dealing with the abysmal combat in there.

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Will the region change tournament chest reward bug finally get sorted out too?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

The PVP Team

Attachments:

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Good news Justin

really – im very happy to read this

and mmr + leaderboard reset is needed after finally fixed the broken matchmaking

we have people could freefarm wins for months with good team vs low team (we see this in leaderbaords – all top 100 have 60-70% win lose)
and we have a loooooot people who never had a chance cause they had to run vs a wall

clear line –
mmr fixed + reset

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

This is something we’ve been talking about for multiple reasons. I don’t recall if its something we’re doing soon though.

Justin, do you have any plan to introduce Seasons in Spvp like in WWW? We talked a lot about this in the reward thread and i think it’s an amazing way to introduce unique rewards linked to ladder positions and reset mmr for example every 2 months when new season starts.

But really you need to find a solution for 11-0 + afk situations.

Bonus pool like in starcraft?

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

in PvP

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Dear Anet,

Can you explain to me why (after 14 month since release) there are no rewards in pvp to show off except rank emote wich have been exploited with skyhammer map ?

You dont want to frustrate pve boys , you know the one who buy gems ?

I mean, guys look at your number, PVP is a disaster. Look at Twitch, oh dear jesus what a fail.

What are you waiting to improve it? Wildstar? Eso? I can understand this. At least say something.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

Dear Anet,

What are you waiting to improve it?.

Dear playandchill.3908,

First off, thank you for taking the time to write to us. In answer to your question, we aren’t waiting. We have been improving PvP and will continue to improve it even more, it just takes time.

We understand your frustration, and rest assured we feel the same way about the time it takes to roll out changes.

Best regards,
Justin O’Dell
Server Programmer
PvP Team
ArenaNet

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

That’s awesome! Thanks for taking time to post this over the weekend. And for programming the update. And for explaining the new reward progress.

in PvP

Posted by: Lawfer.4092

Lawfer.4092

Dear Anet,

Dear playandchill.3908,

First off, thank you for taking the time to write to us. In answer to your question, we aren’t waiting. We have been improving PvP and will continue to improve it even more, it just takes time.

We understand your frustration, and rest assured we feel the same way about the time it takes to roll out changes.

Best regards,
Justin O’Dell
Server Programmer
PvP Team
ArenaNet

I like you.

in PvP

Posted by: Immortalz.3152

Immortalz.3152

Dear Anet,

Dear playandchill.3908,

Best regards,
Justin O’Dell
Server Programmer
PvP Team
ArenaNet

Hi, to fix people leaving the game and stuff why can’t you guys just add a simple “ready” button before joining the game? This will easily fix 80% of the 4v5’s. Every competitive game has a ready button (cs go, dota 2 etc etc) I also remember some dev talking about this. I don’t see how hard it is to implement this.

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

Not sure I am the biggest fan of “eliminating” sync queues, mainly because there is hardly anyways to play with friends in spvp. If you want to duo queue you have to queue for team queues, and play against a full 5 man team that is using a voip, and has more coordination, than the 3 man group you were grouped with.

Hopefully more “significant” changes mean the capability of duo queues. Honestly the new the players in Guild Wars 2 get the worst end of the stick.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Fantastic. This really couldn’t wait any longer.

I’d also like to throw out there that a ladder reset is necessary if the leader boards are to ever be taken seriously. The team que LB’s are still clogged with people who farmed solo teams to get a ridiculous w/l record and rating, then just stopped playing. Likewise, the Solo LB is clogged with people who took advantage of the flaws in matchmaking and will take forever to be displaced after it is fixed.

Decay — Needs to become more aggressive and probably exponential in nature. People who disappear for entire balance passes shouldn’t be on the board at all.

(edited by Myrmidian Eudoros.4671)

in PvP

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Dear Anet,

Dear playandchill.3908,

Best regards,
Justin O’Dell
Server Programmer
PvP Team
ArenaNet

I see what you did there.

RIOT !

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Not sure I am the biggest fan of “eliminating” sync queues, mainly because there is hardly anyways to play with friends in spvp. If you want to duo queue you have to queue for team queues, and play against a full 5 man team that is using a voip, and has more coordination, than the 3 man group you were grouped with.

Hopefully more “significant” changes mean the capability of duo queues. Honestly the new the players in Guild Wars 2 get the worst end of the stick.

Are you sure there aren’t any ways to play with friends? Because most times I venture into a hotjoin to try a new build, there’s 2-3 teammates playing together. Many times when I solo queue there are 2-3 teammates playing there. And obviously when I team queue it’s against teams.

New players have the short end of the stick because good players hotjoin farm them and sync queue farm them. I can’t think of any reason this could be a bad change.

in PvP

Posted by: Beastjk.6531

Beastjk.6531

thank you for the response

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

Dear Justin,

If this is how I can get your attention, that would be awesome. Your hard work is very much appreciated as is all other dev work.

However, what will waiting for revealing the upcoming reward changes do aside from anger the PvP community even more? You are being asked two different things:

1) What the new reward system will consist of
2) When the new reward system will be released

What harm is done in telling us what will be coming?

Your Beloved,
Tichorum.

Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: dDuff.3860

dDuff.3860

Justin, hello
Is there any plans on implementing “check” system to prevent 4v5 matches?

Faeleth

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

Dear Justin,

I, for one, certainly appreciate the recent attention that the pvp dev’s have given us. You have given us proper explanations in regards to the future balances that we might expect. The current state of “transparency” is quite welcome even if it might, regrettably, be a tad too late.

Having said that – as far as I can tell you, the Anet staff, have virtually admitted that the current match making system is flawed. So why not reset everyone? Those who deserve to be at the top will naturally gravitate back to the top. If you look closely most at the top basically remain there because they do not PLAY.

How would resetting the current leaderboards hurt anyone?

Give everyone a clean slate and let us start over. In fact I would recommend leaderboard “seasons” and reset leaderboard ranks every 3 months or so. This would only serve to encourage everyone to play more often as opposed to making the current high ranked people quit.

Again, those who are currently high ranked will regain their previous spots and those who wish to place on the leaderboards will have a better chance to do so.

Seems like a win/win.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

1) I don’t know. I’m busy writing servers, I haven’t read up on all the latest details. I’m also not sure if we are ready to discuss the details yet.
2) See #1. I don’t know if we’re rolling it out in phases or as one big drop.

In the long(er) run, very likely. In the short run we’re looking at ways to improve the situation, and speculatively been searching for bugs that may be related.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

So why not reset everyone?

I brought this up at our Monday morning meeting, and it’s on the table.

Server Programmer (sPvP)

in PvP

Posted by: Absinth.6917

Absinth.6917

So why not reset everyone?

I brought this up at our Monday morning meeting, and it’s on the table.

I’d wager more would be agreeable to this as opposed to it.

Thank you for the response sir.

Potential For An Esport [NONE]

Haiku FTW

in PvP

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Dear Anet,

Dear playandchill.3908,

Best regards,
Justin O’Dell
Server Programmer
PvP Team
ArenaNet

Where do I vote for you? I think you would be a just king.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

in PvP

Posted by: Sudden.8729

Sudden.8729

Thanks for the news. I currently find myself only playing Solo Q tourney until I win a game and then take a break from it for an hour or so to allow for different rosters, especially if I just played in a vastly lopsided match.

Vandallias – Champion Hunter Too Seksi – Guardian
www.twitch.tv/the_chach – Random sPVP/WvW

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

i hope new achivements or better reward for completing a achivement is related to the new reward systems. some achivements or to be clearer the points u get for completing are a joke.. the same in wvw..

in pve u get 5 or more points for doing crap like gathering stuff. in pvp and wvw u need to kill or win 10000000000000 …. ridicilous

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

1) I don’t know. I’m busy writing servers, I haven’t read up on all the latest details. I’m also not sure if we are ready to discuss the details yet.

In the long(er) run, very likely. In the short run we’re looking at ways to improve the situation, and speculatively been searching for bugs that may be related.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate you taking the time to give us some information on whats going on even though its not your area.

in PvP

tichorum.2415

Then why don’t we get someone who actually knows what’s it in to write a blog post? Not ready to discuss the details? Why not? Because the details have been in discussion for 14 months and aren’t ready yet?

(edited by tichorum.2415)

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

@Tichorum – Things change on a daily basis. We’ll be able to release details on the system when we have everything finalized. Releasing the information sooner than later isn’t going to make the update come any quicker.

That said, we’re working on a blog post to explain the upcoming changes.

Thank you for your patience.

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Then why don’t we get someone who actually knows what’s it in to write a blog post? Not ready to discuss the details? Why not? Because the details have been in discussion for 14 months and aren’t ready yet? lullllllll

If I worked for Anet, I wouldn’t step foot in these forums unless my boss’s boss made me.

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

When you implement rewards, please remember a team consists of 5 players, special rewards for the highlighted top3 on Leaderboard make no sense, just wanted to remind you.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I first want to say I appreciate ANET using my old thread to start their new Collaborative Development thread.

With that said, I still think the way you are handling things atm is the wrong approach. It’s been 14 months and we have not a single lick of information as to the ideas you guys have been working on for the rewards. As you said in your big blog in July, rewards are your main focus this second half of the year. So my question is to why can’t you tell us some of the ideas you maybe working on? Leaving us in the dark while we have been waiting patiently and saying the same bull kitten like “we cannot share details” is quite annoying and a bunch of bs to me tbh. You can at least tell us what you have been working towards and the concepts you’ve come up with etc………

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

in PvP

Posted by: hooma.9642

hooma.9642

I first want to say I appreciate ANET using my old thread to start their new Collaborative Development thread.

With that said, I still think some of the ways you are handling things is the wrong approach. It’s been 14 months and we have not a single lick of information as to the ideas you guys have been working on for the rewards. As you said in your big blog in July, rewards are your main focus this second half of the year. So my question is to why can’t you tell us some of the ideas you maybe working on? Leaving us in the dark while we have been waiting patiently and saying the same bull kitten like “we cannot share details” is quite annoying and a bunch of bs to me tbh. You can at least tell us what you have been working towards and the concepts you’ve come up with etc………

cause they has no ideas? they still discuss different ideas. “worked on” is the new phrase for “we discuss that”!

in PvP

tichorum.2415

@Tichorum – Things change on a daily basis. We’ll be able to release details on the system when we have everything finalized. Releasing the information sooner than later isn’t going to make the update come any quicker.

Okay, makes sense. Obviously releasing information isn’t going to make the update come sooner, but it will stop the kittening about what is coming and will give us something to look forward to rather than wonder about for the next three months.

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

Okay, makes sense. Obviously releasing information isn’t going to make the update come sooner, but it will stop the kittening about what is coming and will give us something to look forward to rather than wonder about for the next three months.

This times 100

“Best Guardian NA”

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Agreed! This is why we’re working on a blog that will detail the changes. Rest assured, this information will be available before the updates hit the servers. Trust me, we want to tell you guys everything…and we will. =)

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.5621

Blackjack.5621

nice, last time you implemented rewards for qp´s you did it without announcing details and i missed just a few ranks to achieve another reward level (custom arena kit). Also remember that rewards for top 1 , top3 etc make no sense since a team consists of 5 players.

I Zapdos I
WTS Boston winner
Esl profile: http://play.eslgaming.com/player/7930634/

in PvP

Posted by: BlackhawkSOM.6401

BlackhawkSOM.6401

Watch this is what anet is going to do:
“Oh players want more rewards!?!” Gives all skins to pvp players that take about a day to get get and done.
No real incentive nada. What needs to happen is for them to make certain skins only accessible by using a currency only obtainable by doing a real tournament that happens weekly.
All this game needs is a working weekly tournament system or a 3 times a week tournament system that awards skins/gems to players competing. This lets you show off how good of a player you are.

I posted this on another thread a lot of people seemed to agree. I hope anet can put some depth in their rewards system and not just scrap something together to calm people down in the short run.

Retuxan-80 Ranger-Rank 40
Jade quarry, MoG

(edited by BlackhawkSOM.6401)

in PvP

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Agreed! This is why we’re working on a blog that will detail the changes. Rest assured, this information will be available before the updates hit the servers. Trust me, we want to tell you guys everything…and we will. =)

I hate to continue on with similar questions but is there any chance you could tell us if the blog is coming before/after 2014? What better way to get people into PvP early than releasing notes saying it’s going to pay off! ^^

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Throwing my 2c in.

Why not reset MMR but have a minimum based on rank. Sure this wont solve some problems and the people who head bashed their way to 50 from 10 in glory farms are still going to be matched higher than they should but at least majority will be in the right spots.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

The hostility towards devs on forums is surprising. Keep in mind while posting:
1. At least these people took the initiative to answer our questions.
2. The people with the Anet tag on forums may not be responsible for the changes they have to present on forums.
3. #BelieveInGrouch
4. Be nice. It’s just a game.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

2. The people with the Anet tag on forums may not be responsible for the changes they have to present on forums.
3. #BelieveInGrouch

This right here…

in PvP

lilz shorty.1879

3. #BelieveInGrouch

They deleted my post again.

As I was saying;

Anyway we know they aren’t all responsible for everything but at the same time when they said they would release something, we didnt expect them to release it at literally the last moment before the year ends (christmas). How am I supposed to convince the hundreds of people ive told about this game to come over to PvP if they have nothing to even look forward too.

“Best Guardian NA”