List of things which need fixing

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

As for team queue. Sure it shows skill too. But it is a different part of skill. It is more about finding a lame comp and abusing it vs pugs. I have had opportunities to play with top players in teams. Many times. But to be honest that isn’t fun to me. In team queue I pug and we basically will never play the meta set up. I know who the best players are solo, I can tell when I fight them. There are bad players at the top and all through both leaderboards. There are also bad players carried by lame specs. That is what I want to change, and that is the point of this thread.

Going by the skills/traits on top of your list, it seems like your agenda is to remove everything that hard counters necros as a whole. I would disagree with removing hard counters, they are useful in fighting against cheesy builds that would otherwise dominate the scene in pvp or wvw. Anet probably thinks so too, since they’re adding more to the game instead (anti-stealth)

Edit: Though I agree with some points such as asura size and sigil of energy

Fair enough. We aren’t all going to agree on everything after all.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Stof.9584

Stof.9584

No point in throwing oil on the fire here, but this is the most awfully skewed series of posts I have hoped to contribute to constructively on these forums.

Seriously, what happened to the awesome community we had?

To the new players: learn the game before you start calling out people who have played it since beta, you don’t know how different the meta used to be and how bad it is now.

To the senior players: stay away, if you left. I sure know I will from now on.

To ArenaNet: GG, make some more PVE skins.

Desolation EU – Necromancer / Thief
Top 100 Solo Q for a full minute

in PvP

Posted by: tichorum.2415

tichorum.2415

• Insert something I can’t beat* : * Insert thing how to nerf it* : * Don’t insert a reason behind the nerf*
  • Insert something I need for my class to beat everyone that I normally can’t beat* : * Insert amount to buff it by* : * Insert that it would make me a better player because I can’t play a game that already is 75% skill spam*
Former PvP commentator for ESL & Arenanet.

I used to run the Academy Gaming tournaments for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Sure, let’s take out all invulnerability too.
mesmer f4, mist form, guardian elite and more

because they counter all damage, no counter play, very lame

remove stealth too because it counters an entire type of classes, i can’t attack as a ranged class if i can’t target the enemy

and AoEs, remove AoEs because it counters all the summon pets builds.

oh and root ranged classes,like mages. because that’s how balance should be

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Posted by: Pawstruck.9708

Pawstruck.9708

This is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen.

in PvP

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

stuff was said

Dude, i’ve no interest in talking with you about something which is obvious to the vast majority of high end players, since they agree there’s something wrong.

I’m just giving my input as one who OBVIOUSLY knows his class and what he’s talking about (since lot of good thieves agree with me) against a “random” guy who is not even in the leaderboard.

S/D thieves, spirit ranger and necros ( wars subsequentially, but most people already left ) made LITERALLY QUIT THE VAST MAJORITY OF TEAMS.

It’s been a month i’m not playing anymore, but team queue was already dead and in solo queue nobody above top 300 was playing anymore ( aside Ultima with whom i played a couple of matches) and i’m SURE things are not better now.

Yet you say S/D thief is fine, altough it totally removed 2 CLASSES from the meta ( ele-mesmer) along with the necro.

I just want to nerf the reason why S/D thief is so effective in the hands of non-effective players, instead of having aNet to nerf “whack a mole” like they always do with the thief ( OH dagger, tactical strike, Pistol whip etc etc) ruining this profession even more.

But please, talk as much as you want, i’m done.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

@oidmetala

You want me to prove my SOLO skill level in TEAM arena? How can I do that. I can’t win 1 vs 5 I am afraid.

Look, I dont want to talk about my own skill level really. Honestly, I just want the lame kittene to be fixed. It is people like you they should ignore – players with a vested interest.

On my skill. ATM I am out of practice seriously. Before I stopped I would say I was one of the best players in the game. I dont think that because of what I think, but instead because of the facts. Such as getting two accounts in the top 10 of the leaderboard (each with at least two dozen games) AT THE SAME TIME. That was hard to do. I couldnt do that now because I am not even close to that level anymore. So yeh, I suck now…compared to how I was. I still understand the game more deeply than you do though.

As for team queue. Sure it shows skill too. But it is a different part of skill. It is more about finding a lame comp and abusing it vs pugs. I have had opportunities to play with top players in teams. Many times. But to be honest that isn’t fun to me. In team queue I pug and we basically will never play the meta set up. I know who the best players are solo, I can tell when I fight them. There are bad players at the top and all through both leaderboards. There are also bad players carried by lame specs. That is what I want to change, and that is the point of this thread.

So please, stop your BS dude. It is boring and makes you look silly. If someone with my record is unable to offer critic on specs without you saying that I suck and must L2P then there is basically nobody who can offer any feedback as far as you are concerned because my record speaks for itself.

kk dont need to talk with you soloq king anymore if you rly think soloq shows more skill then teamq.

sry but looks like you have never played in a good team vs an other good team at tournaments or mistleague games.
i have played with ppls vs tp, cc, nn, shad, mim, vg, ugly, tfl, boon and more.
that is/was good guilds with skilled players and to fight this was real pvp.
not random soloq braindeath matches full of noobs.
i cant play soloq, its 0 strategy, i start to whine when i see the ppls doing chieftain at begining.

and no, you are for sure not one of the best players, nobody know you, so shut up. anet should not listen to a fail topic like this, YOU have 0 idea about the gameplay.
good players play team vs team not soloq, there you can see what things work well and what things dont work well.

but yes, teamq is death atm, because all good teams left the game, thats right.
but soloq is also death, its so easymode to play there and 0 strategy, thats most bad feel of this crapmode.

at least how u can speak for teamq players about lame setups vs pugs.
maybe u should ask yourself about lame when playing a necromancer.
but well when 2 good teams fight each other with lame setups, still the better one wins.

ask yourself why team queue is dead.

Surely not because of lame meta, no skill involved, AMIRITE ?

Take a look at Helseth streams, JUST TAKE A LOOK .

You defend spirit ranger which is the lamest thing i’ve ever seen IN EVERY GAME.

No doubt why team queue is dead but you’re still here.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

@oidmetala

You want me to prove my SOLO skill level in TEAM arena? How can I do that. I can’t win 1 vs 5 I am afraid.

Look, I dont want to talk about my own skill level really. Honestly, I just want the lame kittene to be fixed. It is people like you they should ignore – players with a vested interest.

On my skill. ATM I am out of practice seriously. Before I stopped I would say I was one of the best players in the game. I dont think that because of what I think, but instead because of the facts. Such as getting two accounts in the top 10 of the leaderboard (each with at least two dozen games) AT THE SAME TIME. That was hard to do. I couldnt do that now because I am not even close to that level anymore. So yeh, I suck now…compared to how I was. I still understand the game more deeply than you do though.

So please, stop your BS dude. It is boring and makes you look silly. If someone with my record is unable to offer critic on specs without you saying that I suck and must L2P then there is basically nobody who can offer any feedback as far as you are concerned because my record speaks for itself.

kk dont need to talk with you soloq king anymore if you rly think soloq shows more skill then teamq.

sry but looks like you have never played in a good team vs an other good team at tournaments or mistleague games.
i have played with ppls vs tp, cc, nn, shad, mim, vg, ugly, tfl, boon and more.
that is/was good guilds with skilled players and to fight this was real pvp.
not random soloq braindeath matches full of noobs.
i cant play soloq, its 0 strategy, i start to whine when i see the ppls doing chieftain at begining.

and no, you are for sure not one of the best players, nobody know you, so shut up. anet should not listen to a fail topic like this, YOU have 0 idea about the gameplay.
good players play team vs team not soloq, there you can see what things work well and what things dont work well.

but yes, teamq is death atm, because all good teams left the game, thats right.
but soloq is also death, its so easymode to play there and 0 strategy, thats most bad feel of this crapmode.

at least how u can speak for teamq players about lame setups vs pugs.
maybe u should ask yourself about lame when playing a necromancer.
but well when 2 good teams fight each other with lame setups, still the better one wins.

Ok fine. If you have got anything constructive to add beyond “Lordrosicky sucks” then please feel free to contribute. Otherwise, I think everyone gets your point by now. I, or anyone who disagrees with you, sucks and therefore shouldn’t be heard. We get it

in PvP

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

oh i not only defend spirit ranger,

i defend the condi necro, cc warriro, spirit ranger, s/d thief, shatter mesmer, s/d ele, bunker guardian and bomb engi,
because all of them are lame and op, so the game should be ok?

and whats most lame on spirit ranger?
you can lose and win against every other profession

you guys speak about
cc warrior = lame
s/d thief = lame
spirit ranger = lame
bunker guardian = lame
condi necro = lame

you just forget the

shatter mes burst = lame, because mes is for sure viable atm
ele burst = lame, also viable class

so everything other profession ppls not play is lame. looks like we have a good balance.
if you not like your own meta anymore, you need to leave.
reason for this meta is your much forum posting like this, now you have your meta guys, anet was listen much to you.

and why i should care to helseth?
is guys like helseth your every time speaking truth gods?
this is also just a player and we have win vs him in past also,
same for team paradigm and car crash before they went to pax.
so i dont have to care when such players dont like the meta.
im fine with the old meta and the actual meta.
i will be also fine with the future meta, because i like the game mechanic.

my problem is just, i hate this whine topics so much.
and this one is whine topic number 4.
this guy spam them like hell with the hope anet listen to the guys who cry most load

and the points on his first post are crap srsly…
i only agree on asuras, but also this is a not must have.
and how much ranger hate i can read on this points is just interesting…

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

in PvP

Posted by: ekleenex.1654

ekleenex.1654

People still play S/D thief? _ I mean… I do prefer when the opposing team has one, it’s more of a handicap if anything…

sociablegnomes / ekleenex / swághili [Rekz]
“dodging saves lives.”

in PvP

Posted by: Arheundel.6451

Arheundel.6451

i defend the condi necro, cc warriro, spirit ranger, s/d thief, shatter mesmer, s/d ele, bunker guardian and bomb engi,

you guys speak about
cc warrior = lame
s/d thief = lame
spirit ranger = lame
bunker guardian = lame
condi necro = lame

you just forget the

so everything other profession ppls not play is lame. looks like we have a good balance.
reason for this meta is your much forum posting like this, now you have your meta guys, anet was listen much to you.

this guy spam them like hell with the hope anet listen to the guys who cry most load

Glad somebody else realized it.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

you guys speak about
cc warrior = lame
s/d thief = lame
spirit ranger = lame
bunker guardian = lame
condi necro = lame

you just forget the

I also like the game, and i think all people who left the game still like it tough.

Infact as soon as i go back to my place i ’ll be back playng again, i give kitten about the meta.

Still i can recognize there’re issues with it.

Necro spamming is not skillful.
Ranger spamming is not skillful.
S/D thieves teleports are not skillful.
Passive procs spamming is not skillful.
Ele insta burst is not skillful.

And there are plenty of utilties out of tune ( shadow refuge, stand your ground) and other completely out of balance totally countering certain classes ( zerker stance, auto response).

Imho the only proffs that are fine are mesmers, engies ( without auto response) and D/* eles.

The rest is totally out, being it in negative or positive.

The game is full of “no skill needed” crap which should removed.

That’s the biggest reason why good players actually left: because they do not feel rewarded enough for being better, because the meta is stronger than their capability to overcome it.

The game has been flat out too much, there’s actually a very small difference between a “pro” and an “above average” or even “average” player.

This is unconfutable.

If you like the game in this status and don’t want to push it towards a better, more skill dependant ( like the old burst meta) meta, than i don’t really know what to say .

in PvP

Posted by: Shar.3402

Shar.3402

Is it already that time of the month when LordOfWhine posts the list of things that he can’t deal with?

Shar Teel – Elementalist
Yolo queue FTW [YOLO] – Desolation (EU)
Champion Magus, Genius

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

@Mrbig
Imho the only proffs that are fine are mesmers, engies ( without auto response) and D/* eles.

Basically all specs you can beat when used by your average players ( 9 out of 10 ), you hate s/d eles because they can rip you another while you use s/d thief build…heard that, seen that and been that, nothing new, just a typical whine..moving along

edit: you hate even more s/f eles because skilled ones can rip you another even larger compared to s/d eles… GG.
When you used to play d/d thieves ..d/d eles were not “fine” am I right?

(edited by Arheundel.6451)

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

@Mrbig

Basically all specs you can beat when used by your average players ( 9 out of 10 ), you hate s/d eles because they can rip you another while you use s/d build…heard that, seen that and been that, nothing new, just a typical whine..moving along

Omg are you that dumb.

Can’t you kittenin see how is the game right now ?

DEAD.

MOST TERRIBLE NO SKILL META EVER.

This is all due to how terribad this community is, whining about the wrong stuff and asking for buffs.

BUFFS BUFFS BUFFS.

This game has reached a ridicolous power creep, EVERYTHING need to be nerfed to the ground.

Scepter eles deal istant burst , HOW IS THAT SKILLFUL WTF are you that kittening crazy about your profession to be so blind ?

I’m asking for nerfs TO MY PROFESSION because i know it’s cheap, unskillful and bad for this game balance.

DO THE SAME.

Or just don’t ever post again, jesus.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

@Mrbig

Basically all specs you can beat when used by your average players ( 9 out of 10 ), you hate s/d eles because they can rip you another while you use s/d build…heard that, seen that and been that, nothing new, just a typical whine..moving along

Omg are you that dumb.

Can’t you kittenin see how is the game right now ?

DEAD.

MOST TERRIBLE NO SKILL META EVER.

This is all due to how terribad this community is, whining about the wrong stuff and asking for buffs.

BUFFS BUFFS BUFFS.

This game has reached a ridicolous power creep, EVERYTHING need to be nerfed to the ground.

Scepter eles deal istant burst , HOW IS THAT SKILLFUL WTF are you that kittening crazy about your profession to be so blind ?

I’m asking for nerfs TO MY PROFESSION because i know it’s cheap, unskillful and bad for this game balance.

DO THE SAME.

Or just don’t ever post again, jesus.

Well said.

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Solo Que, there is your main balance problem. It’s random you can’t come to forums and complain if you Solo Que allot. Your playing a game mode that promotes Hero Builds.

Try Team Que, it’s not that bad and your rarely going to see Team’s stacking professions. Pick a team roll and learn it, there is no god-mode build, so stop trying to demand balances/nerf’s when all you need to do is take hope over the fench and check out why SPvP was designed around team play not Hero play.

I’m not trying to hate on anyone or the OP, as I do understand it can be painful at times. But there is so much counter play going on atm, just matter of time before the meta will shift again.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

Lol..what are you on about?

The ele has always been about air insta burst, go play GW1 and educate yourself.
With : invoke – lightning surge – etc etc I was doing the same I’m doing in GW2, the dmg has already been nerfed on arcane skills ( by 22% ) but you were so taken by your blind hatred for eles to even realize that..go check the latest ninja nerf from Anet…seriously…so sad

(edited by Arheundel.6451)

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

The ele has always been about air insta burst, go play GW1 and educate yourself.
With : invoke – lightning surge – etc etc I was doing the same I’m doing in GW2, the dmg has already been nerfed on arcane skills ( by 22% ) but you were so taken by your blind hatred for eles to even realize that..go check the latest ninja nerf from Anet…seriously…so sad

it’s not about nerfs.

It shouldn’t even exist.

Like S/D thief spamming.
Necro spamming.
Ranger spamming.
War stunlocks.

And such.

Again, i would be again happy if we could just go back to “god mode” eles meta, at least that meta was skilled and the only class out of balance was the ele.

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

it’s not about nerfs.

It shouldn’t even exist.

Like S/D thief spamming.
Necro spamming.
Ranger spamming.
War stunlocks.

And such.

Again, i would be again happy if we could just go back to “god mode” eles meta, at least that meta was skilled and the only class out of balance was the ele.

I’ve adapted..starting using s/f ele, suddenly I start winning against warriors, rangers and necros ( to a lesser degree ), and s/d thieves I can fight them even using d/d ele.
I simply don’t get it, we’ve been “trained” in instant mechanic since GW1, there I was playing mesmer and interrupting 1/2s cast skills..using prediction, that’s your counterplay, in GW1 my air ele used to kill any opponent with 2 skills..just 2 skills, this shows me that Anet got no intention to remove instant burst .

Burst= instant
Burst /= hit harder
And Anet already stated in the past that while burst must not be over the top, it is also necessary to the game

in PvP

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Stability+ zerk stance= dead engi.

No.

After all, why one of the best engies in EU ( super) would have rerolled to war, i must be an idiot.

I didn’t even tell that engi is viable in 5×5 or not.

After all,
1)you failed saying that immobilize and fear is one of the strongest ccs.
2)you also failed saying that berserker stance prevent you from kiting warrior.

And that’s fine for me.

Overall i agree with point that warriors are very strong right now and that current “meta” is “broken”, but i just do not understand why it prevents people from being objective.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

it’s not about nerfs.

It shouldn’t even exist.

Like S/D thief spamming.
Necro spamming.
Ranger spamming.
War stunlocks.

And such.

I’ve adapted..starting using s/f ele, suddenly I start winning against warriors, rangers and necros ( to a lesser degree ), and s/d thieves I can fight them even using d/d ele.
I simply don’t get it, we’ve been “trained” in instant mechanic since GW1, there I was playing mesmer and interrupting 1/2s cast skills..using prediction, that’s your counterplay, in GW1 my air ele used to kill any opponent with 2 skills..just 2 skills, this shows me that Anet got no intention to remove instant burst .

Burst= instant
Burst /= hit harder
And Anet already stated in the past that while burst must not be over the top, it is also necessary to the game

1/2 cast time is enough to spot a burst.

0 cast time is not ( air burst)

D/P thief is a good example of right burst. Mesmer is a good example of right burst. 100 blades is a good example of burst.

instant cast burst is not. NOPE.

As I said plenty of times, i know ele is not that good currently, if the issue is sustained damage than fix it, rearrange skills, make it like the warrior, do whatever you want, but INSTANT BURST no, no NOPE.

Warriors are mostly fine, the only issue is skull crack which, guess what, IS INSANT.

Super powerful insta skills are bad. Skull crack is bad, Air burst is bad.

Mug was a good example of an instant skill : long CD, good effect ( 3-4k damage as a full glass cannon, 2.5-3k damage on sustained DPS builds).

You know that with fresh air you basicaly have old mug ( that one critting for 4k+) every 5 secs, do you ?

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

No.

Yes. Unless you pack yourself with 4 stunbreakers, now or then the war will get you. Any build the war runs will kill you as long as he has cleansing ire and zerk stance.

Unless you build yourself anti-stun ( those 53% damage reduction engies are so proud about) becoming totally useless for your team.

Any engi meta build will lose to a competent war. ALWAYS.

I didn’t even tell that engi is viable in 5×5 or not.

After all,
1)you failed saying that immobilize and fear is one of the strongest ccs.
2)you also failed saying that berserker stance prevent you from kiting warrior.

And that’s fine for me.

Overall i agree with point that warriors are very strong right now and that current “meta” is “broken”, but i just do not understand why it prevents people from being objective.

If you don’t think engi is viable in 5vs5 why even talking about wars vs engies.

Immobilize and fear ARE among the strongest CCs.

1. immobilize cannot be stunbroke. you need condi cleansing and not all condi cleanse are instant. Only shadowsteps are good against both: any other condi cleanse, aside guardian shouts , signet of renewal ( and engi elixir and mesmer mantra which nobody pick) cannot be triggered, while stunbreaks will do nothing.

Overall immobilize has always been better to set up a burst, so a lot more deadly.

2. Fear gets you out of position. Skyhammer docet. A good fear will put you into the AoE chaos at mid ( Nifhel, Khylo).

Fear can be chained and its duration will always be additive, unlike other CCs, since they overwrite each other.

I would argue that Fear is the strongest CC in game, balanced only by the fact it can also be condi cleansed.

So you’re wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

The whole reason complain and make lists like these and complain and qq is because they care about the game. If they didn’t care about want the game to get better they would just quit.
I agree with your list on everything but the engi healing turret.
This game has amazing potential. This game can become esports or extremely popular but the way anet is taking it. This game will dead in another year unless anet does some sweeping changes.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

it’s not about nerfs.

It shouldn’t even exist.

Like S/D thief spamming.
Necro spamming.
Ranger spamming.
War stunlocks.

And such.

Burst= instant
Burst /= hit harder

1/2 cast time is enough to spot a burst.

0 cast time is not ( air burst)

D/P thief is a good example of right burst. Mesmer is a good example of right burst. 100 blades is a good example of burst.

instant cast burst is not. NOPE.

As I said plenty of times, i know ele is not that good currently, if the issue is sustained damage than fix it, rearrange skills, make it like the warrior, do whatever you want, but INSTANT BURST no, no NOPE.

Warriors are mostly fine, the only issue is skull crack which, guess what, IS INSANT.

Super powerful insta skills are bad. Skull crack is bad, Air burst is bad.

Mug was a good example of an instant skill : long CD, good effect ( 3-4k damage as a full glass cannon, 2.5-3k damage on sustained DPS builds).

You know that with fresh air you basicaly have old mug ( that one critting for 4k+) every 5 secs, do you ?

So d/p thief burst is a good example of burst..and let me see what would be the counterplay?
-random aoe on my feet?
-sit inside the aoe blind field?
-random back dodge?

As thieves in this game can renew stealth ..while stealthed I’m interested in knowing your idea of counterplay, I found my own way…but maybe you can share your knowledge with the rest of us.

So you want to have an ele with 900 range sustained dmg weapon and the reason being?

So far you must have been the first guy who ever complained about ele focus and the reason is they can counter your build while you try to pew pew from distance with shortbow and they can burst from distance.

Once removed the burst, you’d have nothing more to fear from a ranged ele, so you’d be free to pew pew with your trusted shortbow, spamming cluster bomb? disabling shot?…as the ele become weaker and weaker, you’ll then proceed to jump on them with s/d set.

Now having nothing to fear from the ele in terms of dmg ..you feel confident..but oops the ele use obsidian flesh , ruining your day……quickly you run to the forum to complain : " ele defense on focus is OP ".

You see @Mrbig…you and @Lordrosicky play a single class and single build, pretty much you’ll come to the forum every time you get beaten.

-warrior stun lock…as they CC you at mele range
-spirit rangers …as they condi bomb you at mele range
- s/d ele…as they much harder to counter compared to d/d eles, with s/d you can teleport in and out against d/d eles making the fight one -sided in your favour.

Maybe you should just adapt your build and tactics….

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

The whole reason complain and make lists like these and complain and qq is because they care about the game. If they didn’t care about want the game to get better they would just quit.
This game has amazing potential. This game can become esports or extremely popular but the way anet is taking it. This game will dead in another year unless anet does some sweeping changes.

You’re the last person who should talk..or even dare to say of caring about the game.
Somebody who talk like this : Noob! l2p scrub! uninstall, the class too hard for you! etc etc
You, @lordrosicky and @Mrbig do not care about the game, you’re just people with an over inflated ego.

in PvP

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

So:
Classes:
1) Warriors OP
2) Thieves OP
3) Engis OP
4) Rangers OP
5) Eles OP
6) Necromancer OP

Two guesses as to which class you play.

Mesmer and guardian are OP too. Just slightly less lame, so nerfing them can come later. Although phantasms are still very lame.

That is the very definition of balance. You are calling every class “overpowered” relative to each other, which is akin to saying 1>1, or 1<1. This statement is inherently false. By your own admission, then, we have equality.

in PvP

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

You’re the last person who should talk..or even dare to say of caring about the game.
Somebody who talk like this : Noob! l2p scrub! uninstall, the class too hard for you! etc etc
You, @lordrosicky and @Mrbig do not care about the game, you’re just people with an over inflated ego.

Alright when you are an ele complaining about burst damage and wanting the class changed so it can be easier for you to play. I am going to call you out. But seriously I care about this game and I want it to succeed that is why every thread on the forums are ideas and ways to change the game. Since all the posts are opinions they appear right the the person and other people who agree. If i wanted this game to fail I would just stop playing it. Everyone gets frustrated when they want a game to succeed but it keeps on making mistakes.

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

- s/d ele…as they much harder to counter compared to d/d eles, with s/d you can teleport in and out against d/d eles making the fight one -sided in your favour.

Those specs are broken or, better said, are unhealthy for the game.

A skill that stuns for 3 seconds (4 with the current sigil of paralyzation) cannot be instant cast, plain and simple. Currently the best (maybe the only) way to counter a mace warrior is to play a ranged class yourself and kite him.
The fact that this might not be a problem at all for high level play (the current state of the game doesn’t exactly favor melee sustained damage) is no excuse for having such a mechanicaly broken thing in the game.
The hammer, which is seen much more often in competitive play, is perfectly fine animation wise, so this rant is less about OPness and more about mechanics that just shouldn’t be in the game.

We face the same exact issue with Fresh Air eles. It doesn’t matter how it worked in GW1; that game hadn’t an endurance bar you were suposed to wisely use against spikes and other dangerous effects.
You can’t react to an instant effect. With fresh air, you can’t even predict when the burst is going to happen (and it happens very often). This doesn’t mean the ele is OP, it means that giving a class a tool that goes against the core mechanics of the game is an awful way to compensate other weaknesses.

Spirit Ranger is a completely different kind of beast. It somehow manages to gather up almost every other unhealthy mechanic in the game:
- Minions, which create a lot of clutter on the screen
- A pet, which is AI controlled for the most part.
- Evade spam.
- Procs. Procs everywhere. Burning proc, protection proc … even the condition removal is a proc.
All the ranger class is somehow broken to be honest. Spirit ranger is just the highest layer of bad design.

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

1, Berserker stance – Nothing should give immunity to entire types of classes. no counter play. Very lame. Just make it 90% reduction in condition duration then at least necros can interrupt them

2, Automated response – see above. Losing to someone who is just 100x worse than you just because of a trait they take it total BS. How is this still in the game?

3, Warrior stuns – insane. You literally get knocked around like a ping pong ball by the warrior then die. Interrupt them you say! No you cant. Because they are immune to anything I do (lol)

4, Sword thief evades – way too many evades, teleports, etc on this weapon set

5, Thief feline grace trait – seriously wtf. They get to dodge for less. Anet need to realise dodging and evades = invulnerable. Invulnerable is good in pvp. Seriously.

and so on…

Oh strange you forgot to put perma fear necros, insane aoe cond spam, minions everywhere and stuff into your “to fix” list…but since you play it i guess it’s fine as it is…am i right?

“Just make it 90% reduction in condition duration then at least NECROS can interrupt them” Made my day…..just make every class (Even more) easily killable with my op-mancer anet, so we can run 3 necros teams owning everything just spamming random kitten on points with no effort…seriously? Some classes obviously deserve a nerf…and yours sir is definately one of those…

(edited by Archaon.6245)

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Healing turret can also be interrupted has a cast time not instant.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

arena net how could u let warr perma stunlock us for over a month,not only that u overbuffed healing signet and top of that u gave them immunities to condis and dmg,no counter play no nothing!how could u let that happen i ask again,are u guys out there kittened?

They get immunity for 10 seconds tops. I like how ppl say immunity, like nothing will stick.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Those specs are broken or, better said, are unhealthy for the game.

A skill that stuns for 3 seconds (4 with the current sigil of paralyzation) cannot be instant cast, plain and simple. Currently the best (maybe the only) way to counter a mace warrior is to play a ranged class yourself and kite him.
The fact that this might not be a problem at all for high level play (the current state of the game doesn’t exactly favor melee sustained damage) is no excuse for having such a mechanicaly broken thing in the game.
The hammer, which is seen much more often in competitive play, is perfectly fine animation wise, so this rant is less about OPness and more about mechanics that just shouldn’t be in the game.

We face the same exact issue with Fresh Air eles. It doesn’t matter how it worked in GW1; that game hadn’t an endurance bar you were suposed to wisely use against spikes and other dangerous effects.
You can’t react to an instant effect. With fresh air, you can’t even predict when the burst is going to happen (and it happens very often). This doesn’t mean the ele is OP, it means that giving a class a tool that goes against the core mechanics of the game is an awful way to compensate other weaknesses.

Spirit Ranger is a completely different kind of beast. It somehow manages to gather up almost every other unhealthy mechanic in the game:
- Minions, which create a lot of clutter on the screen
- A pet, which is AI controlled for the most part.
- Evade spam.
- Procs. Procs everywhere. Burning proc, protection proc … even the condition removal is a proc.
All the ranger class is somehow broken to be honest. Spirit ranger is just the highest layer of bad design.

“The only way to beat a mace warrior….” You really think all that?. I just swapped to melandru runes and have been skating ever since against them. We can try your way, or just change a few runes..but that might mean people have to give up there lyssa runesx6..and we can’t have that now, can we.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Even if Arheundel and MrBig are getting a bit mad at eachother, I think this thread does rise a serious question about the the intentions of the class-design and balanced dmg-design. How are classes supposed to work and do damage?

I find it disturbing, that the most successful speccs are some of the most simple, in the sense that they focus on doing one thing good. It isn’t a balancing act, it is taking one particular thing to the limit. That must be intentional, right? Especially after what devs said about how pleased they are with the current state of warriors.

I just can’t see how a “simple-minded” design is the best way. Evade-spam, Fear-spam, Stun-spam … all mechanisms with little to no real counter. Shouldn’t it instead be a limited resource to use at the right time? Is it really right, that you have access to such abilities in a way that you can take another player from 100 to 0 by spamming these abilities? Shouldn’t it instead be a balancing act where you have to weigh several abilities/aspects? Or isn’t it possible within the limits of how the game is constructed?

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

So:
Classes:
1) Warriors OP
2) Thieves OP
3) Engis OP
4) Rangers OP
5) Eles OP
6) Necromancer OP

Mesmer and guardian are OP too. Just slightly less lame, so nerfing them can come later. Although phantasms are still very lame.

That is the very definition of balance. You are calling every class “overpowered” relative to each other, which is akin to saying 1>1, or 1<1. This statement is inherently false. By your own admission, then, we have equality.

That isn’t the point. Everything is OP. That means everything is lame. It is power creep. And the game full of cheese. Why do you think everyone quit this game?

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

“The only way to beat a mace warrior….” You really think all that?. I just swapped to melandru runes and have been skating ever since against them. We can try your way, or just change a few runes..but that might mean people have to give up there lyssa runesx6..and we can’t have that now, can we.

I don’t know, never tried them to be honest.
On paper, a 25% decrease on stun duration should be obviously helpful. However, I’m currently so far from being a threat for them on any guardian build that I can’t really see those runes working at all.
On practice, seeing how a 15% increase form sigil works, it could be a insane difference.

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

So d/p thief burst is a good example of burst..and let me see what would be the counterplay?
-random aoe on my feet?
-random back dodge?

As thieves in this game can renew stealth ..while stealthed I’m interested in knowing your idea of counterplay, I found my own way…but maybe you can share your knowledge with the rest of us.

So you want to have an ele with 900 range sustained dmg weapon and the reason being?

So far you must have been the first guy who ever complained about ele focus and the reason is they can counter your build while you try to pew pew from distance with shortbow and they can burst from distance.

Once removed the burst, you’d have nothing more to fear from a ranged ele, so you’d be free to pew pew with your trusted shortbow, spamming cluster bomb? disabling shot?…as the ele become weaker and weaker, you’ll then proceed to jump on them with s/d set.

Now having nothing to fear from the ele in terms of dmg ..you feel confident..but oops the ele use obsidian flesh , ruining your day……quickly you run to the forum to complain : " ele defense on focus is OP ".

You see @Mrbig…you and @Lordrosicky play a single class and single build, pretty much you’ll come to the forum every time you get beaten.

Since when backastab is a burst ? thief burst is no longer good, eles do it 10 times better and so do mesmers.

Backstab is nothing more than a hard hitting skill like eviscerate.

Counter? simple

Dodge away, D/P thieves are slow. Blocks. Protection. CC near you.

And lol wtf i never complained about S/F eles, i just said they’re strong and that eles complain too much.

I play ALL classes otherwise i would never understand this game mechanics and it’s not about what beats me and what not, it’s about “what takes skill and what takes not”.

All meta builds now can be effective by spamming, flatting out the difference between a good player and an average one.

I consider myself a very good thief, yet i have to struggle against spirit rangers spamming 1, against necros spamming AoE condies everywhere when a single grasping hands with burning proc will eat about half of my hp etc etc.

I still win them, but i have to UNNATURALLY struggle against them, and it’s ridicolous.

Even my thief is ridicolous, i feel bad for the mesmer-ele when they get me in their burst combo and i simply port 1200 range away because i used inf strike which has no range requirments.

I want cheese to disappear from the game. And accept it or not, insta burst is cheese.

in PvP

Posted by: Sachit.9753

Sachit.9753

Only if its backed by stating facts that effect the game as a whole, not when the guy brings his inflated ego after defeat and vent on the forums hoping anet would see why he failed.

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

https://www.guildwars2.com/de/the-game/releases/october-01-2013/

Nothing to fix anymore Dead game is dead – Leaving is the only language devs understand.

in PvP

Arheundel.6451

-random aoe on my feet?
-random back dodge?

Since when backastab is a burst ? thief burst is no longer good, eles do it 10 times better and so do mesmers.

Backstab is nothing more than a hard hitting skill like eviscerate.

Counter? simple

Dodge away, D/P thieves are slow. Blocks. Protection. CC near you.

And lol wtf i never complained about S/F eles, i just said they’re strong and that eles complain too much.

I play ALL classes otherwise i would never understand this game mechanics and it’s not about what beats me and what not, it’s about “what takes skill and what takes not”.

All meta builds now can be effective by spamming, flatting out the difference between a good player and an average one.

I consider myself a very good thief, yet i have to struggle against spirit rangers spamming 1, against necros spamming AoE condies everywhere when a single grasping hands with burning proc will eat about half of my hp etc etc.

I still win them, but i have to UNNATURALLY struggle against them, and it’s ridicolous.

Even my thief is ridicolous, i feel bad for the mesmer-ele when they get me in their burst combo and i simply port 1200 range away because i used inf strike which has no range requirments.

I want cheese to disappear from the game. And accept it or not, insta burst is cheese.

I repeat : d/p thieves can re-stealth while stealthed so you block what? got no aegis, use protection and CC when? and dodge in which direction?
Basically I’m forced to do random actions hoping to catch off guard an invisible enemy that can remain invisible like forever…why this is not part of your “cheese” I dunno, if we expand the argument to WvWvW, there it is full of d/p thieves with shadow refuge, basically 24/7 stealth users…isn’t this cheese?

Sure you want to remove all “cheese” from the game?
Let’s start :
-clones
-stealth
-turrets
-spirits
-asura
-initiative mechanic
-perma CC
…and more and more

Is there cheese in this game? Yeah you’re correct, everywhere you turn there is a cheesy mechanic… but now if you want to change this game in the MMO version of Eve Online then we need to remove ALL CHEESE from all professions, including yours, then we need to go back to the drawing board and start anew with all professions.

And how would you differentiate one profession from the other?
You can’t possibly have 8 professions dealing the same amount of dmg, or that have the same defense level or support level because there would no point in having 8 professions then

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

Next patch engineers will be buffed with team stability to counter warriors . Problem solved. Mesmers and engineers will be the bane of warriors

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

I repeat : d/p thieves can re-stealth while stealthed so you block what? got no aegis, use protection and CC when? and dodge in which direction?
Basically I’m forced to do random actions hoping to catch off guard an invisible enemy that can remain invisible like forever…why this is not part of your “cheese” I dunno, if we expand the argument to WvWvW, there it is full of d/p thieves with shadow refuge, basically 24/7 stealth users…isn’t this cheese?

Let’s start :
-clones
-stealth
-turrets
-spirits
-asura
-initiative mechanic
-perma CC
…and more and more

Is there cheese in this game? Yeah you’re correct, everywhere you turn there is a cheesy mechanic… but now if you want to change this game in the MMO version of Eve Online then we need to remove ALL CHEESE from all professions, including yours, then we need to go back to the drawing board and start anew with all professions.

You can’t possibly have 8 professions dealing the same amount of dmg, or that have the same defense level or support level because there would no point in having 8 professions then

you can make a game without cheese.

The problem is that “swag players” want swag, so they get swaggy stuff such perma-stealth, perma-evades, perma-ccs, instant burst so they can feel pro.

-clones are not cheesy, mesmer is like one of the best classes in game.
-stealth can be balanced, they just need to remove shadow refuge and problem solved
-turrets are not cheesy, they are just like wow shaman totems, also they’re not really viable so who cares.
- spirits= lame
-asura= lame
-perma CC= lame

Remove them or balance them. Why can’t skull crack have an animation ?

Why can’t air burst have an animation ?

Why U-skills like spirits, zerk stance and shadow refuge even exist ?

Why engies, rangers and necros have passive, unavoidable, procs of the most damaging condition in the game ?

All we need now is NERFING EVERYTHING.

Too much power creep, the game is dead and won’t be saved otherwise.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

Let’s start :
-clones
-stealth
-turrets
-spirits
-asura
-initiative mechanic
-perma CC
…and more and more

you can make a game without cheese.

The problem is that “swag players” want swag, so they get swaggy stuff such perma-stealth, perma-evades, perma-ccs, instant burst so they can feel pro.

-clones are not cheesy, mesmer is like one of the best classes in game.
-stealth can be balanced, they just need to remove shadow refuge and problem solved
-turrets are not cheesy, they are just like wow shaman totems, also they’re not really viable so who cares.
- spirits= lame
-asura= lame
-perma CC= lame

Remove them or balance them. Why can’t skull crack have an animation ?

Why can’t air burst have an animation ?

Why U-skills like spirits, zerk stance and shadow refuge even exist ?

Why engies, rangers and necros have passive, unavoidable, procs of the most damaging condition in the game ?

All we need now is NERFING EVERYTHING.

Too much power creep, the game is dead and won’t be saved otherwise.

Yeh, people can’t see past their balance perspective. This thread is about cheese and lameness….not balance. Who cares about balance. That can come after the cheese is fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Exactly.

On topic: yes, a few of the issues mentioned in the OP are real problems and should be changed. No, they should not all be changed RIGHT NOW. That would just make balance even worse. Have we already forgotten the way we got ourselves into this mess?

in PvP

Mrbig.8019

Exactly.

On topic: yes, a few of the issues mentioned in the OP are real problems and should be changed. No, they should not all be changed RIGHT NOW. That would just make balance even worse. Have we already forgotten the way we got ourselves into this mess?

We got into this mess because aNet listened to the wrong feedback: casuals.

UE UE necro bad pls buff
UE UE necro war pls buff

Etc etc.

It’s true some classes needed buffs but they were NOT that bad, but the community was crying so much that devs representation of the class was “omg they’re terribad BUFFHAMMER” while they jjust needed some fine tuning.

When engi was “fixed” teams already started running with engi+ epidemic necro for a reason, and that condi pressure team was very common in EU and pretty balanced: this clearly shows how necros were not as bad as the community was picturing them.

Now we need changes, FAST, because PvP is seriously dying like it has never been.

Even gw2pvptv now streams WvW and there’s no more interest in the game PvP: we need lame stuff to be DELETED and rewards reahuling, otherwise before i come back playing ( october) there will be already no one left playing PvP, if it’s not already the case.

in PvP

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

So:
Classes:
1) Warriors OP
2) Thieves OP
3) Engis OP
4) Rangers OP
5) Eles OP
6) Necromancer OP

That isn’t the point. Everything is OP. That means everything is lame. It is power creep. And the game full of cheese. Why do you think everyone quit this game?

Could you be more specific than “lame”? Also, it is rather obvious that there are still many, many players. Don’t make dramatic statements which are patently false just for the sake of making dramatic statements; it makes it more difficult to listen to your other arguments.

in PvP

jportell.2197

Remember january when everyone said this game was dead and had no hope for esports ever… here we are 10 months later people are still singing the same tune yet the game is still here and has actually achieved somewhat of an E-sports status with PAX, ESL etc…. So maybe whiners gonn whine…. Here’s some cheese

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

A game can have many players, without competition PvP is just meh. Competing and progression is the essential part of why PvP is existing in games. The big side-effect of this is called “Fun”.
Guildwars 2 may have many players playing it, but that doesn’t make the game successful (PvP-wise) at all. Why there is a huge number of players listed? There was a feature called “Daily Achievement”, mabye you heard bout it. ESL and PAX? Not gonna comment on that, we all know that was a joke (or a Pet-Zoo how the development calls it).

A puzzle would be a good analogy for that. 10 pieces won’t satisfy / challenge you for a long time. It gets boring quiet fast, because it is mastered quiet fast. A puzzle with 10’000 pieces will satisfy you for a longer period of time. Not just because it has more pieces, but because it is more challenging and more rewarding, due to the fact, not everyone is able to master it / or not that fast. Seems like A-Net likes to sell 10-pieced-puzzles nowadays.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

jportell.2197

A game can have many players, without competition PvP is just meh. Competing and progression is the essential part of why PvP is existing in games. The big side-effect of this is called “Fun”.
Guildwars 2 may have many players playing it, but that doesn’t make the game successful (PvP-wise) at all. Why there is a huge number of players listed? There was a feature called “Daily Achievement”, mabye you heard bout it. ESL and PAX? Not gonna comment on that, we all know that was a joke (or a Pet-Zoo how the development calls it).

A puzzle would be a good analogy for that. 10 pieces won’t satisfy / challenge you for a long time. It gets boring quiet fast, because it is mastered quiet fast. A puzzle with 10’000 pieces will satisfy you for a longer period of time. Not just because it has more pieces, but because it is more challenging and more rewarding, due to the fact, not everyone is able to master it / or not that fast. Seems like A-Net likes to sell 10-pieced-puzzles nowadays.

Well I’m not in this game to make money and those that are won’t make very much because trying to make money off of video games as a player is 1 really hard to do and 2 not very profitable. That’s what college is for

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Well I’m not in this game to make money and those that are won’t make very much because trying to make money off of video games as a player is 1 really hard to do and 2 not very profitable. That’s what college is for

Agree, seems like you didn’t play guildwars1 then. I don’t want a E-Sport game. I want a challenging game with some competition and not a game where passive traits and spam doesn’t allow any skill-ceiling. It’s not fun to master a class after 1 day. :/

Read It Backwards [BooN]