Low levels squishier in sPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I’ve heard a lot of speculation about NPC’kittenting harder. But is it possible that this is because the PvE gear being carried over into the mists is bugging out and has a lower armor value than level 80 gear?

Now I know this is a shot in the dark, but it is something we could potentially look into as this armor transferance may also be related to Ranger pets dying too quickly after the patch.

It could be isolated to only low level players. Could be…

The claim is that helm and shoulder items do not contribute to your overall armor value, but maybe that could be bugging out as well?

At the end of the day, the devs should take a look at all those factors including NPC damage and pets dying too quickly.

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Seems like people just forgot to take of their tin-foil hats, really.

Shouldn’t be happening, would be an enormous miss if it was. Thus very unlikely.

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Armor stats don’t matter, all it does is check of you have on chest, legs and boots and gives you armor based on your class armor proficiency, afaik.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

well there is definately something up with the NPCs,
the ele for example casts vapor blade (which hits you twice) it hit for 2 4k hits and then the ele used their arcane skill which hit for 9k,
and the mesmers auto attack hits 4k

but i can confirm that its not pve armour values, it happens to my lv 80 wearing exotics too.

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

well there is definately something up with the NPCs,
the ele for example casts vapor blade (which hits you twice) it hit for 2 4k hits and then the ele used their arcane skill which hit for 9k,
and the mesmers auto attack hits 4k

but i can confirm that its not pve armour values, it happens to my lv 80 wearing exotics too.

Yeah, again, it was a shot in the dark really.

in PvP

Posted by: Seifer Thalaen.7869

Seifer Thalaen.7869

they’re just nabs…not squishier..but the result is the same

in PvP

Posted by: Honeyboy.9167

Honeyboy.9167

Could be lvl 2’s playing without the benefit of the extra armor provided from helms and shoulders

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Could be lvl 2’s playing without the benefit of the extra armor provided from helms and shoulders

They removed the armor value from helmet, shoulders, and gloves, and consolidated all of it onto the three parts characters have from level 1: chest, legs, and boots

Call me Smith.

in PvP

Posted by: Honeyboy.9167

Honeyboy.9167

They removed the armor value from helmet, shoulders, and gloves, and consolidated all of it onto the three parts characters have from level 1: chest, legs, and boots

thanks, looked over the patch notes again and confirmed