New Engi 100 Nades build

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Disgustingly OP burst in what looks like 16k in 0.1 seconds , is this a legit build ? I’ve seen this twice now… Makes warrior/thief burst look like it takes skill.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Darnis.4056

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

link’s not working

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

copy link in your browser and it’ll work.

I’ve seen builds like that and they do insane DPS. I don’t know if it was exactly this build though. That being said, Grenade-Power-builds have a set of Problems they are facing:

- The engi has no real gap-closer
- You need to be in Melee-range for the burst to really work
- The build is pretty glassy besides the few defensive-CD’s and pressure-DPS (both Power or Condition) will kill it easily.
- The Engi only has an easy to dodge Immobilize to keep the opponent in place for the Spike, yet grenades can easily be kited.

It has a nice surprise-effect, but in the long run, I don’t think this build will be viable in tPvP.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

I think it will be very good! And it brings to light that engineers are not as Underpowered as people would have us believe… There are a few maps where an engineer could make use of these and surprise the heck out of people leaving them wondering why they instadowned and then look at the log to find out it wasn’t a backstab thief… GOOD SHOW!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

Only works on non moving enemies at pointblank range. And even then it would only hit for 10k max on GC, you got a pic? Cuz I’ve never seen Grenade barrage do more than 11k or so.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

trebuchet engy anyone?

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

This build is such a one hit wonder.

Sure if you can pull it off, you can do some damage.

But vs good player it’s impoossible to pull. You have to be “IN” the ennemy to use it at full potential. If you don’t do it perfectly, your grenade will spread out and do low damage.

Juhst use your defensive cooldown once he immobilize you, and he is dead. After his combo, he doesn’t have anything else for 30 sec.

And it doesn’t hit for 16k. Never seen that.

And by the way, our grenade damage got reduced by 30%. So please we can’t take anymore nerf. We aren’t even part of the Top tier meta. Give us a break.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Darnis.4056

I don’t have a screenshot, so I guess you can take my evidence as anecdotal, but I had full hp18k coming out of blurred frenzy next to the engi and insta dropped to 2k hp before I could hit distortion.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Kardiamond.6952

So Darnis, did you try to combo yourself? Create a level 1 engin, and try to use the combo in tpvp.

Tell me how good it went.

I tried it all week end, it’s going to work like once every 10 fights, if you hit a glass cannon.

Others will just laught at you.

Our static discharge build are a lot better in my experience.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Disgustingly OP burst in what looks like 16k in 0.1 seconds , is this a legit build ? I’ve seen this twice now… Makes warrior/thief burst look like it takes skill.

Can we stop using threads like these to say that the weaker professions are actually OP? I realize it’s uncomfortable to come to the forums and see a lot of calls for nerfs on your favorite profession, but the correct response is not to call weak professions OP.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Obsidus.1206

Obsidus.1206

This has to be a joke topic; that build is not even remotely new, and is inferior to the static discharge build anyhow. Additionally, both of those builds are “when planets align” sorts of builds, and are horrendously terrible if things go wrong with the burst combo. Any decent player not caught with his pants down can completely trivialize this build. And the OP is a Mesmer? Hahahahahaha, oh man, definitely a joke topic.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

While this spec is interesting, and probably going to cause some QQ, id be a little suprised if it changed the real top meta any. Possibly it gives engy a viable build?
idk yet

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Kardiamond.6952

@DayDream

Don’t think so, If it ever looks like a Meta-possible build, it will prolly get nerfed before we can use it.

But as Powerr said, the one that made that build popular by streaming it : “The engineer is prolly the worse in pvp right now”. Even with that “godlike” cookie cutter build.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Sylosi.6503

Sylosi.6503

I think it will be very good! And it brings to light that engineers are not as Underpowered as people would have us believe… There are a few maps where an engineer could make use of these and surprise the heck out of people leaving them wondering why they instadowned and then look at the log to find out it wasn’t a backstab thief… GOOD SHOW!

Except of course that it is underpowered compared to other classes burst builds, it involves having to immobilize the target (with that terribly difficult to avoid net shot), because you have to stand inside them to get the barrage from kit refinement to hit (because it sends out grenades in all directions, so if not directly on top of the opponent most of them miss).

So in essence it takes longer to apply & is easier to avoid than the burst of classes like mesmer or thief and has less survabilty than other classes burst builds.

So essentially has the same issue as glass cannon static discharge builds, why use it when other classes do it better, do it with more survabilty / ability to disengage and in the case of mesmers, also offer the glory that is portal.

Though I agree it will surprise the heck out of people, for a while…

(edited by Sylosi.6503)

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

Let me tell you the problem is not the engineer being underpowered, is the other classes being op, once they ‘fix’ them to match the rest of the classes it will be the same.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Visionary.5681

Visionary.5681

I love it !!!!

A mesmer died to an Engi, so he ran to the forums to moan.

I think this shows that Engi is underpowered, if people think that dying to one is gamebreaking

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Kardiamond.6952

@Visionary

He never said he died!! But he came close to, that’s enought for a mesmer to post on the forum about it.

P.S : I think we deserve a nerf for it, Man we nearly killed a mesmer!

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Kamahl.3621

Kamahl.3621

Magnet. Hardly even has a tell. Works 70% of the time, every time.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Magnet. Hardly even has a tell. Works 70% of the time, every time.

Love it. Oh, also has an added bonus of working great on flat terrain.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Phuriocity.9218

Phuriocity.9218

Running a condi spec on my engi, I got 100-0’d by an engi running this spec.

Once.

After that, I realized I should probably dodge his net shot, and that if I didn’t and he came running on up, I should probably Elixir S.

He didn’t kill me again.

It’s a decent build and it does burst hard, but it’s not really out of line.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

This coming from a mesmer. Engineers need buffs. This is a rare, gimmick build, and it’s utterly depressing that it’s considered at all “good” for engis… but it is, because engineers need buffs, and really should get them. IMO, alot of them.

I’d prefer to see Engi get buffed up to OP, and then nerfed down to balanced just so people finally start playing them and running them in teams.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Phuriocity.9218

Phuriocity.9218

The funny thing about this video is that with throw bolas, bulls rush, frenzy, and hundred blades, you do equivalent damage in equivalent time with a combo that is a quite a bit easier to pull off.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

zone.1073

The funny thing about this video is that with throw bolas, bulls rush, frenzy, and hundred blades, you do equivalent damage in equivalent time with a combo that is a quite a bit easier to pull off.

Equivalent time?

His burst = literally 0.5 seconds. Less than half a second. Faster than an eye-blink.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Kardiamond.6952

@Zone

The only way this combo can work, is be being in the ennmy, and using it. Exactly like your video.

Mistake one : You got it by net shot
Mistake two : You didn’t use any defensive cooldown
Mistake three : You got no armor if he can hit for 8k with grenade barrage.

Thief can do the same thing, do it with a easier combo, and use stealth and mobility.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Kardiamond.6952

And by the way, you hit the guy with one swirl from GS, and he got to 30% HP.

You had to hit him twice, and he would be dead.

This is a pure glass cannon vs glass cannon situation.

I don’t like it, but that’s how the game work already. Your combo is easier to pull, but does less damage.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

kitten it, don’t nerf us engineers again…

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

This thread is full of ignorance.

The OP’s build has been tried and tired since Day 1. There is nothing NEW about it.

It’s glass-cannon, so expect to die really easily in tPvP. It’s your typical hot-join sPvP build.

The damage isn’t that great when you have targets whom are intelligent and actually stay mobile and spread apart.

Grenades is worse today than it was at release, so I’m baffled at anyone preaching Grenades as if they’re this new amazing thing Engineers have just discovered. They’re not. They really don’t do that much damage anymore, and I’m saying this as an Engineer who had full Level 80 exotics like 2 weeks after release. That’s when Grenades were actually good, and even then it sometimes paled compared to Cluster Bomb and always has paled compared to Bomb Kit’s damage.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Visionary.5681

This thread reminds me why i dont play my engi in pvp anymore.

It definately doesnt make me think Engi are op.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

If you are dumb enough to stand still and let a grenade engi hit your for 16k you deserve to die.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

GUYS, you say that combo is not OP because thieves/warriors/mesmer can do exactly the same. It is still OP, but not only eng, all of them, so have fun with future nerfs.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

That looks like an exploit zone. He threw two grenade barrages at once. Grenade barrage is on a 30 second cooldown.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

That looks like an exploit zone. He threw two grenade barrages at once. Grenade barrage is on a 30 second cooldown.

Most likely. It’s the only way Grenades can do that much damage in such a short window, and sPvP at that.

Exploits are OP. News at 11.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

GUYS, you say that combo is not OP because thieves/warriors/mesmer can do exactly the same. It is still OP, but not only eng, all of them, so have fun with future nerfs.

Yes because you can dodge a thief and mesmer burst by strafing…

It’s not OP because if you strafe left you won’t get hit by the grenade. It takes 2 seconds from the time the engineer throws the grenade to the time it goes off. It’s not that hard to avoid. And you can see them coming. Can you dodge a thief in stealth? No. Can you dodge a mesmer’s illusion bomb? No. You’re guaranteed to take damage from two of them and they can do it more than once every 30 seconds.

Plus they have to be aimed. None of the thief’s or mesmer’s burst damage requires any kind of skill to aim like an engineer’s does.

Engineers have already had a 33% damage nerf to grenades. Maybe if they didn’t do any damage, like all the other engineer skills, you’d be happy then. No, you’d just find an elementalist’s AoE to stand in with your glass cannon build and then you’d want them nerfed too.

Exploits are not a good reason to nerf engineers grenade damage again. You may as well take the kit away and replace it with a nerf gun.

(edited by Zonzai.2341)

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

You can actually use jump shot and then switch to grenade in air and kit refinement will send the grenades all at your landing point, handy when you overcharge shot then jump shot them.
Also for the one saying its exploit, kit refinement trait creates a grenade barrage, not sure if you’re being sarcastic. But OP? Not even close for what you have to sacrifice to pull that off, and compaired to what other professions can do.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

zone.1073

@Zone

The only way this combo can work, is be being in the ennmy, and using it. Exactly like your video.

Thief can do the same thing, do it with a easier combo, and use stealth and mobility.

Is it balanced? Debatable. Is it super duper cheesy? HeII yes.

(edited by zone.1073)

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

People are just now figuring this combo out? Haha this is nothing you could do way better than this before they nerfed boon duration runes and elixir b with perma fury. You could actually not be a glass cannon and still retain this same (except damage was higher)

(edited by Raijinn.9065)

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

For all of you claiming exploits look up the kit refinement trait. When swapping to grenade kit (with a CD) it throws a grenade barrage at your feet.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Obsidus.1206

@Zone

Is it balanced? Debatable. Is it super duper cheesy? HeII yes. A Warrior’s burst relies on CC. Counter: Break CC. A thief’s burst relies on multiple things which are counterable. This burst? You don’t even have time to bat your eyelashes, let alone pop a defensive cooldown or react. You can preemptively invuln yourself in anticipation, in which case the Engineer can just wait and look at you funny, then burst you. The burst is quite literally less than a second.

Just no. Out of all the super cheesy glass cannon builds out there, the Engineer nades build is the easiest to hose, and the easiest to kill afterwards as well. You got gibbed because you screwed up in a glass vs. glass scenario. If you have even 10% of your brain functioning in the future, you’ll be able to completely hose anyone using this build in the future simply by dodging Net Shot or Grenade Barrage, which is EXTREMELY easy to do. Once GB is on CD, the efficacy of that build falls through the floor. That build isn’t even in the same league as a Shatter burst build or a glassy Backstab Thief, and in some ways even a glass 100B Warrior would be more dangerous. The fact that you’re complaining this much about this is really indicative of you not being objective, or not very experienced. And to be honest, even if this build did get nerfed into the floor, it would make zero difference, because it only kills bad or ignorant players in niche scenarios, and not many people use it, or play Engineer anyhow, and it sure as hell isn’t competitive in tpvp.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Obsidus.1206

And before I go away and ignore this knee jerk QQ of a thread, think for a moment. What is hot join FULL of? Thieves and Mesmers, and to a lesser extent Warriors. Why? Because of the insanely easy and extremely deadly burst combos these classes can pull off, particularly Thief. That Engineer build is OLD news, at best a slight variation on old news, and yet I can count on one hand how many times I’ve seen it in nearly 1000 games in hotjoin, and there is a reason for that Mr. Mesmer.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Fellknight.4820

Fellknight.4820

Thief death macro kills all no matter how your built what you are etc etc and they find a terribad engineer build that has damage and nerf it lmfao.

Yea I’m sure it’s so much worse than stealth stacking 17 stacks of might with signet and shadow assassin and delivering over 21k dmg in under 1.5 secs by an invisble foe is totally acceptable. And all everyone says on the forums is learn to dodge lol to explain why this is fair.

Bascially one of anet designers thieves or mesmers got killed by an engineer once and they ran to the nerf bat and posted on fake player accounts(which they do ALL THE TIME) to explain why it made sense. Sorry not fooled guys, learn to pvp and balance the game.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

Thief death macro kills all no matter how your built what you are etc etc and they find a terribad engineer build that has damage and nerf it lmfao.

Yea I’m sure it’s so much worse than stealth stacking 17 stacks of might with signet and shadow assassin and delivering over 21k dmg in under 1.5 secs by an invisble foe is totally acceptable. And all everyone says on the forums is learn to dodge lol to explain why this is fair.

Bascially one of anet designers thieves or mesmers got killed by an engineer once and they ran to the nerf bat and posted on fake player accounts(which they do ALL THE TIME) to explain why it made sense. Sorry not fooled guys, learn to pvp and balance the game.

Anet: Alright I’m gonna stealth then kick this engineers kitten mwahahahaha
Engineer: gets lucky with a few skill placements
Anet: WTF NO WAY I GOT HURT!!!!!!!!!!! NERF, ENGINEER GRENADES NOW DO 350 DAMAGE PER NADE!!!

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

stunbreak, dodgeroll 2 engi, slap him with a stick, dead engi.

Its a burst build that in no way OP as they sacrifice everything to make this one trick work

wtf…skyham….all is vain

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Slan.5496

Slan.5496

“stunbreak, dodgeroll 2 engi, slap him with a glove, dead engi.”

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Kardiamond.6952

I used this build all evening yesterday to test it out. I had to train a bit to land it.

I agree that once you land it, you will do crazy damage.

But it’s so hard to land on a good player!

This combo require the ennemy to be immobilized if you want it to reliable, and you have to use jump shot to be sure to be “in” the ennemy.

If the ennemy had any kind of defensive cooldown, I would miss, because as soon as I would jump shot, they would use it. Elem mist form is a bane.

You have to do feint, set up your combo, try not to die (You have around 2k armor and 17k hp using this build, thief can insta jib you.) Once you miss your combo (if you use it a bit to the side, if the ennemy block it, if it doesn’t crit enought) your dps go down the roof. You are pretty dead for 20 seconde.

I don’t think this build can make it into the META of tPvP, I might be wrong, but it’s more a hotjoin troller.

But I agree with OP. It will get nerfed. Every time the engineer get a build that might make it into the meta, we got nerfed. We already got our Grenade Barrage nerfed, I’m pretty sure they can do it again.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Visionary.5681

I once saw an engineer in this spec, get one shot by a gust of wind.

True story.

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Raijinn.9065

Raijinn.9065

They nerfed builds like this back in nov 15 now they are only a fraction as effective

(edited by Raijinn.9065)

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Malvado.1460

Malvado.1460

close this topic -.-’

New Engi 100 Nades build

in PvP

Posted by: Ron.4920

Ron.4920

This is almost the exact same build I have been using for the last 5 months on my engineer. The only differences with my spec is I don’t use the tool kit, and I don’t have any points into regurgitating elixirs, that’s a stupid move if you really know the class. It can get you killed if you are not ready for it. Also that trait will not work if you are out of combat. So if you are brought under 20% hp before your client registers that you’re in combat, that trait will not work at all. Steal+ back-stab basically destroys that trait for me. Sure it saves you sometime, but Rocket boots are not only predictable, but they also come with an f2 skill that can be chained with the jump shot. And that option leaves you with 10 extra traits points to spend.