Opinions & Concerns about upcoming PvP changes

in PvP

Posted by: Travee.8492

Travee.8492

Not sure why people are complaining, but I guess no matter what they do people will find something.
Anet wanted to try a lot of new things, and paid tickets + tournaments were one of these things. Yeah, they probably had them in for too long, but they made the right move by getting rid of them. Be happy for that.
They still need to work on telling us what they’re doing, and get some feedback, but this is a step in the right direction

+1

in PvP

Posted by: Snate.2961

Snate.2961

“Ebb and flow, one step forward/two steps back, Rome was not build in a day and so are the days of our lives…”

in PvP

Posted by: daydream.2938

daydream.2938

I dont understand the split between 3 round tournies and single round.
The only thing i can think of is that they havnt figured out how to make the map rotate so they want to offer variety.

Or maybe the single round tournies still require a premade. Basically exactly what its like now, just with no ticket cost.

in PvP

Posted by: Clostridius.2415

Clostridius.2415

So this is all we get? thats just sad and boring
at least u could have added a random map generator for the 3-Round Tourney. Is this so hard to create?? What people do work for you? Its not so difficult!
And this is the BIG PvP Patch? Just ridiculous…

in PvP

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

They pretty much removed the whole paid tournament system, something that took ages for them to implement. So we are back to normal tournaments. Luckily we also have single round fights now and ratings to make it actually work. If you think about it, that’s not really a big step since launch.

I’m happy but you gotta be realistic.

You have no idea how much a big deal an actual match makeing system is do you???

???

I do? Otherwise i wouldn’t say that ratings are needed to make PvP actually work. Here, i even bolded it for you. Calm down next time! ;D

Again, i’m still looking at it realistically. Rated matchmaking after 6 months (a half year!) is pretty minor in comparison. I’m glad that they learned from their mistakes and i know that they will implement the rest of the features. But it’s taking a lot of time and when we look at PvE. I see a totally new area, new fractal dungeons, guild missions, ascended items, holiday events, redesigned dungeons, living story…

Do i have to continou?

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: HPLT.7132

HPLT.7132

Everyone who says that 1 tournament ticket was a “barrier” to join Paids is a stupid liar. That statement was maybe true when we had the old Paid system with 5 tickets and a high skill cap but for now its just that they change one word: Paid —> Free
And actually sometimes I don’t want to be ranked and just hanging around with some pugs beside hot join.
They should do something like that:
1 Map based Tournament with random map selector and “stay” feature, so that the winning team can choose (by button click) if they want to stay with all the other winners or if they want to leave the queue. From these type just a ranked and a unranked (with solo queue) version and for me everything should be fine. After a certain amount of wins (3-5) in ranked tourney you are able to get a decent amount of gems – so that we finally got back a worthwhile reward in PVP.
This plus 5vs5 hot joins, single queue in unranked matches and a ladder should help alot in my opinion.

Ah btw. : Hi Morph

in PvP

Posted by: Mac Maritimus.8327

Mac Maritimus.8327

First off, good change with taking away the paid system. Its a change in the right direction.

Just a few thoughts, when you are r40+ you can buy hundreds of chests with rewards you already got or dont need.

Now we can get even more chests from the “old” pay tickets we sit on, honestly I dont need more chests with 1 dye each ten chests and armor I already got ..

Can we get more appealing chest content please! Or different awards, we need something to keep us motivated to get more glory. Not 20 glows of the same type ..

Suggestions:

- Ever lasting finisher, that never wears out to buy for like 50 000 glory
- More pvp skins, add at least all armors and weapons that we have in pve
- More pvp recipies for mystic forge
- Give gems with some chests or ability to buy gems for glory

Thx!

Mac
Polar Bears [Paw]
http://polarbears-guild.com

in PvP

Posted by: tiko.9206

tiko.9206

Are the reward chests adapted to the rating? Because if they are not, ppl who win a lower rated match get more than ppl who lose on a higher rating

I Am Elementalist – Ele for [CroW] – tPvP

in PvP

Posted by: CC Meinke.2749

CC Meinke.2749

Community Coordinator

Hello, because of the growing interest in this topic, we want to collect your feedback in this thread. Please use this thread to post your opinions and concerns about the upcoming PvP changes.

Thank you.

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

i am so much confused..So are we allready have matchmaking system?And what are the criteria for matchmaking?Is there an invisible rating that everyone have??How can i know mine?Or rating will be added in the next patch?Will there be a separation between soloers and premades teams?will they get a different rating?So many questions and still i dont know what the heck is going on

(edited by Dardamaniac.1295)

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

Wait so that’s all we get in the patch is a system roll back? It would help if you provided, you know, details.

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

(edited by Sprawl.3891)

in PvP

Posted by: Verdelet Arconia.6987

Verdelet Arconia.6987

Hello, because of the growing interest in this topic, we want to collect your feedback in this thread. Please use this thread to post your opinions and concerns about the upcoming PvP changes.

Thank you.

my concern is for tournament no shows and ppl who afk in tournament

(edited by Moderator)

in PvP

Posted by: baerly.7204

baerly.7204

i am so much confused..So are we allready have matchmaking system?And what are the criteria for matchmaking?Is there an invisible rating that everyone have??How can i know mine?Or rating will be added in the next patch?Will there be a separation between soloers and premades teams?will they get a different rating?So many questions and still i dont know what the heck is going on

matchmaking is implemented for few weeks alrdy

your rating is a hidden value based on your wins/loses in paids

for next patch u will have a seperate rating for single round and the 3-round tournies

(edited by baerly.7204)

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Thank you.

my concern is for tournament no shows and ppl who afk in tournament

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Official-way-of-handling-Tournament-No-shows/first#post1508979

Its only a problem with long queue times in the 8 team tourny. It wont be an issue in the 2 team queues at all because the queues will pop instantly.

Nobody will ever play these 8 team tournys so I expect them to be removed next patch.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: Prelude.3817

Prelude.3817

Soooo, no more tickets, okay.
No more gem rewards either I guess? that’s a pity T.T

We’ll see what they implement for them to earn money from pvp players…
They need funding after all, one way or the other!

Custom Arenas Incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I think free tourneys should be single rounds like paids. Leave the multiple round thing to a weekly/ monthly tournament system. It just makes the most sense with the matchmaking system, I think. Hope the devs have it as a plan B.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

With the new tournament structure I presume you will be able to solo queue in both the 3 round (which will never ever ever pop I promise everyone) and the 1 round tournament.

In the 1 round tournament will I be able to queue solo?

If I do queue solo will the matchmaking system present me against a comparable team of other solo queuers? Or will it just add up our ratings and match us with a premade?

Will the system bias searching for other PUG solo queue teams for me to play against, before it searches for teams which entered as a premade?

ANyone know the answer to these?

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

According to devs, if I’m not wrong, should you join in a random team, the matchmaking will try to put you against another random team, but if none is available, it’ll search for a duo premade, then a 3-man premade, etc, all the way to full premade. So the possibility to exist solo vs premade is there, but will only happen occasionally.

in PvP

Posted by: Faeyd.5094

Faeyd.5094

yeah, spvp is back. thanks.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/big-changes-to-pvp-paid-tournaments-replaced-by-free-tournaments/

will 8v8 hotjoin be removed? please say it will.

I freaking love 8v8 hotjoin…. it’s utter pandemonium.

Tiger

in PvP

Posted by: Baldric.6781

Baldric.6781

It’s a really good idea.

I’m pretty sure we will see soon some cool equipment and weapon skins in the gem shop for pvp. They know already that tickets were a bad idea, and to make money you don’t need to reinvent the wheel, just do what works.
I think that most gw2 issues, here and in pve, come from reinventing the wheel in almost every aspect of the game. Sure it’s cool to not have tanks and healers, but how you balance classes and dungeons for pve then ?

in PvP

DiogoSilva.7089

Oh, I only noticed now that there was a new blog post.

So, devs have decided to “scrap” entirely the tournament tickets and the QPs? I think it’s a nice decision, considering the new changes. It’ll clean things up. QPs had a bad start, with a few “best” players farming them without any kind of matchmaking, while the community as a whole not being very interested in them.

Will you still get tournament tickets from dailies/ monthlies? It feels like devs want players to clean their inventory out of all tickets they have.

And will the Match Win Chest rewards be fixed? The problem with tourney chests, is that their rewards do not scale with player’s glory rank. But will the 3-round tourneys still have the old chests? Or will they have the paid tournament chests?

There’s a few questions that need to be answered, but overall, it feels like a nice change to me.

(edited by DiogoSilva.7089)

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

For me, there is still an important question open: Are you able to play without a full 5 man group in the new tournament system?

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Khyras.8021

Khyras.8021

One round tournaments are there because players wanted them and 3 round tournaments are there because Jonathan Sharp thinks they are “kinda cool” ( his words).
No separated solo queue, no ladder, no new game modes, tickets removed after “only” 6 months, no improved reward system, no duels. Just 2 types of tournaments with some elusive rating and matchmaking that will “try” ( LOL ) to match you against solo queue players if you queue as solo, how comforting.
Another disappointing PvE focused patch even tho they promised february is the big PvP patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Avexon.4931

Avexon.4931

One round tournaments are there because players wanted them and 3 round tournaments are there because Jonathan Sharp thinks they are “kinda cool” ( his words).
No separated solo queue, no ladder, no new game modes, tickets removed after “only” 6 months, no improved reward system, no duels. Just 2 types of tournaments with some elusive rating and matchmaking that will “try” ( LOL ) to match you against solo queue players if you queue as solo, how comforting.
Another disappointing PvE focused patch even tho they promised february is the big PvP patch.

With a lack of information other than those few changes, sadly almost everyone will draw a conclusion like this untill patch notes are released, lets hope it’s more than just this.

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I really hope the blog’s intent with the double queue (1 round vs 3 round) is to test waters.

The end result is that YOU SHOULD ONLY HAVE 1 QUEUE. Stop splitting the queues. It’s already hard enough just to get a game. Splitting queues = longer queues = less queuing = dead tPvP.

If 1 round tPvP is more popular, use that. If 3 round tPvP is more popular, use that.

(This means you’ll want to redesign your PvP Tournament UI and make it simpler: remove the multiple-selection choice of queues)

There is basically only 1 queue. Nobody will do the 8 team queue anymore.

in PvP

Posted by: Cescoxonta.8592

Cescoxonta.8592

I do not like the idea that every tournament match should be ranked. We do not have the possibility to test the team, nor to introduce new people to pvp, without the risk of losing position in the ladder. We need absolutely a form of unranked organized pvp to test team builds (not only the random pickup)

in PvP

Posted by: juginst.5018

juginst.5018

I still do not understand the point of the rating (moreover if it is hidden). Why not just make matchmaking based on random teams. It would greatly reduce queues and be more fun. Let people learn from better players, face various opponents (not like in hotjoin where I fight with the same people over and over) and of course face the real/objective consequence of playing with their skill. PvP is about competition after all (it is not a pillow fight).

(edited by juginst.5018)

in PvP

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

For me, there is still an important question open: Are you able to play without a full 5 man group in the new tournament system?

Yes, they have no reason to remove PuGing.

The more important question is when will they put PuGing and premades into two separate tPvP queues.

(I realize this is hypocritical to what I just mentioned about splitting queues, but this is different in that PuGs are nothing but fodder to premades and the two should never face each other)

When you split the queues, you can also spit the rating, which would be perfect. Then I can play solo / duo, and can earn a rating whenever not my whole guild is online.

If the rating will not be split, then whenever i’ll try to play solo, the rating, my team has acquired, will be active. Sure, I’ll play that way with people, with the same rating, but most of the time, you’ll have to play against full team, due to the fact, that you only got that high rating, through playing with your team (with the advantage of ts or skype communication and a team constellation)

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Magnus Pym.2356

Magnus Pym.2356

Since the devs are gonna be looking at this post:

We want true GvG!

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Suggestion: Remove hotjoin and then make either 3-round or 1-round tournaments solo queue, and have the other be like it is now.
Fix the rewards, we PvP people also need gold for PvE stuff you know, and legendaries are expensive. Again, GW1 had a good system with z-keys because they could be sold and people could get rich just by PvPing which was fair because they would invest even more time than PvE farmers.
Rank emotes are boring, GW1 had way better looking emotes. Get one person to fix those!

- matchmaking and rating is great and all that but the only way of making it work is if you have a decent activity and the only way to achieve that right now is to remove hotjoin.

EDIT: the update as it is now pretty much looks like: “renamed 1-round paid tournaments to 1-round free tournaments” .. that’s pretty much it, as MM system is already in place.

(edited by Rezz.8019)

in PvP

Posted by: Hugs.1856

Hugs.1856

Iteration at its finest, even in the live game. Definitely requires balls of steel to implement such a change (read such a reversal:p :p :p)

It’s a good thing though, the cost of entry for PvP was an absolute design aberration.

I’m slightly more confused as to why you’d still want to split the playerbase on a single game mode but I guess it’s part of that iterative thingy again:p

Let’s see if teams go for the 8 teams tournaments while pugs or solo go for the 1 round system.

To be honest, I still have my doubts on any form of barrier of entry (8 team requirement) but I think the idea of progressing throughout rounds is great.

Maybe it would have been best to keep it for actual tournament play though? To be fair, it shouldn’t hurt the everyday ladder play provided you have enough players and a decent matchmaking system.

In other words, can’t wait to test it:p

in PvP

Posted by: Daays.4317

Daays.4317

Step in the right direction.

Unfortunately we have to get the Ring to Mordor and we’re still in The Shire.

Call me when we reach Rohan. Or light the beacons. Whichever.

in PvP

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

Thank you.

- Make it so that whatever character you signed up for the tournament with is the character you have to use. No looking at the team composition and reacting accordingly. What you start with is us what you play with. Period.

-Fix it so that the leader of the queue doesn’t have to keep hitting the submit button every single time a player leaves the queue. It should re-submit automatically.

-If a person signs up then logs off of the game completely, remove that person from the queue!

-Do something about AFK’rs. Give the team an easy AFK Report Option. If all 4 members report the character for AFK’ing, suspend that persons tPvP privelages until the next Daiky Reset timer. Allow them to still play hotjoin sPvP during their suspension time.

-Randomize the Map Rotation! Lets try to keep it interesting. My PvP Tab states that The Forest if Nifhell is my Favorite Map. I promise you it’s not.

-Please for the love of all things good remove the Confirmation Input requirement when salvaging gear. It is the most frustrating thing to have to double click on the salvage kit, then click on the item we want to salvage, thn click “accept” when the window pops up. Then repeat for evey single item in our inventory. It makes me not want to open my tournament chests. Use the same requirement as salvaging white items in PvE.

-Allow us to throw into the Mystic Forge 4 Copper Tournament Chests for 1 Silver Chest. 4 Silver Chests for 1 Gold Tournament Chest. 4 Gold Tournament Chests for 1 Platinum Tournament Chest that contains???? Get creative. Make the Platinum Chest contain 1 single random Item that is not already in you PvP Locker. Trade in 4 Platinum Chests into the Forge for a single PvE Account Bound Exotic.

-I think the Skritt Burgler should make a surprise appearance in some matches or in the Heart of the Mists. Make him fast and worth 50 Points on last hit. When he shows up during a match make an on screen announcement. When in the Mista have him drop level 70~79 PvP Goodies.

(edited by Theplayboy.6417)

in PvP

Posted by: Rerroll.9083

Rerroll.9083

My suggestion:

· dont implement pvp content without asking the players opinion on forums. This way you won’t have to rollback things and work on something that is really needed.

Up Rerroll

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

It would be nice if we got a comprehensive list of pvp changes a couple of weeks prior to release. This way, you could actually benefit from our opinions and make changes accordingly OR you know a place where you could test changes would be nice (such a novel idea)

in PvP

Posted by: Chakuna.6325

Chakuna.6325

I might download the November patch when they incorporate a 3v3 dm/something other than conquest. brb

I’m trying to go back, but I’m still here.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

You still think this gonna happen ^^
Turn on “Don’t stop believing”

Sarcasm has crit HPLT for DEAD…

in PvP

Posted by: Prana.8690

Prana.8690

Some kind of rewards that are visible/usable in all game modes (read: PVE and PVP) would be nice. They don’t need to affect player stats, but something aesthetic.

I think someone mentioned capes… that’d be awesome if there were capes the indicated PVP “rank”.

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Lol “ppl left? It’s k, Lets just reset PvP!”

Kidding aside I’m rather neutral on this since I stopped doing paids around December. Though I do think it will be healthier for the game in the long run.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: kobi.5236

kobi.5236

GVG and Hall of Heroes coming SOON ?

in PvP

Posted by: WaffylesYay.9735

WaffylesYay.9735

This is a step in the right direction. I like this decision.

As others have stated, removal of the ticket system breaks down the barrier of entry for new players. Matchmaking is the appropriate logical step and both systems are not needed at the same time.

sPvP is being balanced for the game-mode “conquest” with modification variables to the maps (treb, relic running, NPC’s etc). With that in mind, Anet’s goal now appears to be to get as many new faces into sPvP as possible to establish a larger sPvP base.

There is always alot of noise with a post like this. Keep going Anet!

http://www.twitch.tv/waffylesyay/
Someone said this was GvG – Pug -
Rizen From The Ashes -Ra-

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

OK, this isn’t hard. Before trying to reinvent the wheel we need to make sure we’re rolling first.
Remove hotjoins. Remove 3 round tournament.
add: unranked solo que(new hotjoin)/team que, ranked solo que/team que.
add: daily tournament with nice reward.

add dueling so new players can learn their class and other classes, test new builds, aswell as build a pvp community and help players find teammates (i found all my teammates in every mmo from dueling)

with the current playerbase aanet really needs to start working on a 2vs2 or 3vs3 arena, even with WoWs huge playerbase 5vs5 is dead because its too hard to find 4 other players of same schedule/skill/timezone/goals/attitude, and once rankings come in players will not play in pugs anymore because of fear of losing rating.
Also with 5vs5, as a player you feel like you have very little impact on the result of the game, it is more a zergmode about not making mistakes rather than winning with clutch plays. this turns viewers off aswell. (it works with mobas because of huge playerbase and each lane has there 1 vs 1’s)

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

(edited by dimyzuka.7051)

in PvP

Posted by: lyfe.5683

lyfe.5683

I don’t want to uninstall the game, yet with no word from the devs on the patch and….no patch…

This is long past starting to sound like a joke they are playing on the community, have we been trolled by a few angry people working at a f2p game company?

Seriously

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

Yawn….is it still standing in circle wars? Oh the devs still think conquest is fun….

hahahhahahaha back to far cry 3

Constructive feedback I see. /s

It is constructive feedback, conquest just doesn’t work, and is the main reason why %90 of pvpers quit. players have been asking for deathmatch arena since beta.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I have concerns in two categories

1) mmr protection and community stratification
2) What if I just want to play casually (say off my main class)

1- So once people start to accrue the high rankings, groups will become very stingy. It could be taken as good or bad, but essentially low ranks will always play with low ranks and against low ranks at the same time always.

I noticed this with the background mmr and paid tourney system. Now all of a sudden most people have 3 digit QPs, because you are fighting yourself. To clarify, 1 QP in a 500-500mmr match is going to be worth less than a 1500-1500mmr match. But in both games, the teams get 1 QP. I fight the hardest match of my life or the easiest match and the reward physically (QP/chest/gems/etc) is the same.

Now I know the chess mmr system is complex and accounts for growth, but that is for an individual. Factoring in 5 players from each team is a nightmare. (I commend you guys on even releasing a system yet.)

2- Playing off main class or playing casually. So I have some in game friends who don’t log as many hours as I do and I enjoy doing tournament runs with them because they have fun. But if we lose, now will my higher rating suffer? We know it is harder to “carry” teams from certain positions. Do I tell them we can’t play together because our matchup may be beyond your enjoyment, or I do not want to lose rank?

Also, if I switch from my war to my ele for example, they may not be on the same level (competitively) but I imagine my rank is account and not character bound? This is more for clarity instead of an issue per say.

Thanks

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: mursie.3681

mursie.3681

I apologize if this has already been said but, I feel like everyone is really getting fleeced here.

First, the barrier to entry of “paids” was all but removed when paids became a single match 1 ticket option. Everyone has tickets…you get them for literally afking your daily in a hotjoin, so doing a “paid” no longer had a barrier. Second, the matchmaking in these new “paids” was already in place and working.

With that said, this BIG NEW PVP Patch is literally quite unbelievable from what I read on the front page of the site. Basically, to paraphrase, the patch is as follows:

“Hi all, we renamed the “paid” tournament to “free”. There is no 1 ticket cost either. Infact..we deleted tickets. Oh, and your QP’s too.

The free tournaments that existed still exist. We did not change them.

THIS IS HUGE!!!!!"

uh…deleting tickets and Qp’s and renaming the “paid” to “free” is huge? sigh

in PvP

Posted by: leashmaygoss.2140

leashmaygoss.2140

I apologize if this has already been said but, I feel like everyone is really getting fleeced here.

First, the barrier to entry of “paids” was all but removed when paids became a single match 1 ticket option. Everyone has tickets…you get them for literally afking your daily in a hotjoin, so doing a “paid” no longer had a barrier. Second, the matchmaking in these new “paids” was already in place and working.

With that said, this BIG NEW PVP Patch is literally quite unbelievable from what I read on the front page of the site. Basically, to paraphrase, the patch is as follows:

“Hi all, we renamed the “paid” tournament to “free”. There is no 1 ticket cost either. Infact..we deleted tickets. Oh, and your QP’s too.

The free tournaments that existed still exist. We did not change them.

THIS IS HUGE!!!!!"

uh…deleting tickets and Qp’s and renaming the “paid” to “free” is huge? sigh

qft, nothings new.

Hiba
Booty Bakery [yumy]
Engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Question!
What happends to daily/monthly prizes now that tickets are worthless?

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: Cerith.7592

Cerith.7592

Since Anet seems to be monitoring this thread, I’m going to take repost my thoughts from a previous thread about Visible MMR.

“Personally, I’m a big supporter Ratings of any kind being visable. I really think it gives newer and mid level players something clear to strive for. Emergently, benchmarks with in the rating systems form that serve to distinguish the overall skill level of players with in said rating range. For example let’s say that ratings of 1800-1999 is average and 2000-2199 are above average and 2200+ is considered top level. It provides a clear area and goal for a newer player to strive for and work towards, adding progression to the game that doesn’t have a negative affect on balance.
I’m sure there are those of you out there who have had a goal of reaching a certain rating or division and know the joy of finally breaking into it. Like finally getting into Masters League in SC2 or Finally breaking 2k in Arena, it’s been a prestige that’s loomed in front of you, that perhaps famous players of your respective game are a part of, that you’d like to be a part of too. This also would greatly help the streaming scene of this game, which is pretty dismal these days (don’t think I’ve ever seen a channel break over 300 viewers since the first month of release) If you can clearly display something like “2.2k rating Guardian streaming” Just as an example. It gives the viewer the ability to watch an objectively skilled player who can back up his skill level with proof without having to invest the time, as a viewer, watching him and just deciding if he’s good among the sea of other streamers out there.
More is on the line and the scene becomes more competitive as you can clearly see how you stack up against the rest. More importantly, you will be able to find people of similar skill levels to play with outside of the built in matchmaking system on any medium out there, so if you are part of a 1850 rating team looking for a 5th to play as your bunker, you can find someone.
These are just my thoughts, please feel free to disagree or agree, I just want there to be no illusions as to what the community wants for Anet. Thank you.”

in PvP

Lordrosicky.5813

I have concerns in two categories

1) mmr protection and community stratification
2) What if I just want to play casually (say off my main class)

1- So once people start to accrue the high rankings, groups will become very stingy. It could be taken as good or bad, but essentially low ranks will always play with low ranks and against low ranks at the same time always.

I noticed this with the background mmr and paid tourney system. Now all of a sudden most people have 3 digit QPs, because you are fighting yourself. To clarify, 1 QP in a 500-500mmr match is going to be worth less than a 1500-1500mmr match. But in both games, the teams get 1 QP. I fight the hardest match of my life or the easiest match and the reward physically (QP/chest/gems/etc) is the same.

Now I know the chess mmr system is complex and accounts for growth, but that is for an individual. Factoring in 5 players from each team is a nightmare. (I commend you guys on even releasing a system yet.)

2- Playing off main class or playing casually. So I have some in game friends who don’t log as many hours as I do and I enjoy doing tournament runs with them because they have fun. But if we lose, now will my higher rating suffer? We know it is harder to “carry” teams from certain positions. Do I tell them we can’t play together because our matchup may be beyond your enjoyment, or I do not want to lose rank?

Also, if I switch from my war to my ele for example, they may not be on the same level (competitively) but I imagine my rank is account and not character bound? This is more for clarity instead of an issue per say.

Thanks

Qps are removed because it was flawed which I think addresses concern number 1.

On to concern number 2…I would be almost certain its account bound and will stay this way. I would advise to just chill out and not care about your rating and have fun. Not playing with people due to not wanting the rating hurt is going to happen but personnally I wont be bothered and will play with anyone.

I will also solo queue and get matched with pugs. Sure my rating will never be good compared to the guy who plays on TS with his guild but the game is about fun so whatever

And yes again. An ele can carry a team to an extent which isnt possible for a support class like a necro or off point ranger. Thats again going to mean that eles (as well as being way OP) are more suited to carrying teams and therefore eles should be the only people at the top of any rating ladder and espicially if they released solo queue eles would be the top 25 players for sure. Thats just due to innate imbalance meaning ele is way way way OP at the higher levels and the fact that its just so versitile that it can fill any required team role which is very valuable in a pug where your team will play in an unstructured way