Please Allow An Option To Remove Downstate

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sabre.1275

Sabre.1275

While this whole downstate idea was a novel concept, not everybody likes it. I personally hate it and there are a lot of people like me. It would be wonderful if this became a server option sometime in the future. With that being said, I would also like to see new types of pvp such as team death match, capture the flag, and arena style 1on1 to 3on3 style matches.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

+1

/36chars

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

I would just like to see rally removed from PvP. Downstate itself (minus rally) adds an interesting layer to PvP. Gives specific utilities / builds / classes more usefulness … like thief having the ability to shadow refuge heal + regeneration heal + revive heal a downed team mate.

I’ve said it before … in other downstate threads … that I think downstate would have a much better feel in PvP if you were actually forced to make a choice between reviving or continuing to fight. This would actually punish people in hotjoin for being noobs and not rezzing team mates, rather, just fighting the entire time without paying attention and profiting from rezzing a team mate on accident.

^ Is one reason of many why rally is just bad in PvP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

I find it near impossible to win a 2 v 1 or 3 vs 2 because of downed state no matter how bad they are or how i outplay them.
Even if i down one, I’ve still got him attacking me and the other one rezzing him faster than i can finish him.
It turns most fights into fights of who has the most people, not skill.

It is certainly good in pve though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

I don’t think it is viable for anything that wants to be competitive. It forgives dieing way too much on top of a whole lot of issues in pvp.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

I don’t think it is viable for anything that wants to be competitive. It forgives dieing way too much on top of a whole lot of issues in pvp.

There are very specific situations where going into downstate is actually beneficial but those are few and far in between. I don’t think very many people just think “its fine if I go into downstate no biggy”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

There are very specific situations where going into downstate is actually beneficial but those are few and far in between. I don’t think very many people just think “its fine if I go into downstate no biggy”

Never said they do, but when someone goes down and you have 3-4 people power rez him instantly, seems kind of forgiving.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I am taking the approach you mean for tPvP, since that is how most things are decided for pvp.

Well I am sure the downstate mechanic is here to state. Because for every one person that hates, there is one that likes it. It is a nice to dynamic mechanic to have for spectators. As for the players, like me and you, 2v1s should be solved by your team responding and coming to help you. A 3v1, you should be never fighting this in the first place.

The downed mechanic is very fun as it is frustrating. You can make sick plays trying to revive a teammate, or just stop a stomp.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erebos.6741

Erebos.6741

There are good points associated with down-state, but if skill isn’t the prominent factor than the meaning of competition is lost.

Down-state aims to counterbalance my mistakes; punishing those that outplayed me,
and snares my capability, in fairness of vantage…

Discuss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvP-Down-state-Evaluation/first

(edited by Erebos.6741)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Never said they do, but when someone goes down and you have 3-4 people power rez him instantly, seems kind of forgiving.

About 3 or 4 months ago this could be accurate but right now more than ever there is huge amounts of cleave going down on all downed bodies, really hard to get rezes off.

Good downstate management is definitely a skill, we’ve been improving ours since october as a team.

(edited by Phantaram.1265)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

Learn to play. No, seriously.

Downed state is ESSENTIAL FOR PVP. Since we have no healers, if you get spiked, you can get downed in a blink of an eye. With downed state, your teammates can pick you up, thus surviving the spike.

Without downed state, everyone would just faceroll all his skills as soon as possible, and the one dealing more damage in 3 seconds won.

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gandarel.5091

Gandarel.5091

And you can you burst down the whole enemy team at the same time if they do it this way. Not so forgiving

Captain Deutschland, Ozzy The Insane, Hanz Limbchewer – r40+ mes/nec/engi Desolation
Fear The Crazy [Huns]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Learn to play. No, seriously.

Downed state is ESSENTIAL FOR PVP. Since we have no healers, if you get spiked, you can get downed in a blink of an eye. With downed state, your teammates can pick you up, thus surviving the spike.

Without downed state, everyone would just faceroll all his skills as soon as possible, and the one dealing more damage in 3 seconds won.

Bring the burst/bunker potential down to reasonable levels. Problem solved.

Anet made the extremes on both sides so ridiculous, that you end up with someone going 100-0 in less than a second, or someone lasting against 3+ foes until backup arrives.

In essence, they intentionally created a balance problem with the gameplay, then implemented their mechanic to save the day. All under the guise of “deep strategy.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erebos.6741

Erebos.6741

Gandarel, are you asserting that it is too difficult (e.g. not well telegraphed) or beyond player capability to counter spike damage either or for sustained intervals?

Edit (to save you a reply):

If yes, than the core of the problem lies in the lack of player capability and/or failure in design to cater for human debility.

If no, than you got outplayed, which normally inflicts a penalty (death) to advantage the player towards winning the match, promote skillful play, and give meaning to/reward combat!

[rant]

Instead GW2 implemented down-state, which degrades the capability of the afflicted, which means the fight is biased; not appointing to skill! Or a corrupt loss due to unfair vantage set up by the downed player; also not pertaining to skill!

This demotes skillful play which in-turn degrades combat and befouls the fairness of competition.

[/rant]

Down-state aims to counterbalance my mistakes; punishing those that outplayed me,
and snares my capability, in fairness of vantage…

Discuss: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/PvP-Down-state-Evaluation/first

(edited by Erebos.6741)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

I’ve never really cared one way or another for downstate, for the most part. In PvE, I think it’s fantastic, if a mob barely manages to kill you, you still have a chance to kill them and rally. Once I hit WvW, though, it made huge portions of tactics aggravating. Our “thing” is to push into a zerg all the way, then turn around and blow AoE’s. “Don’t worry if you drop, you’ll rally off fallen enemies.” I hear it so much it’s rather annoying.

I’m not saying Rallying is bad. When you’re in a match where there’s a massive zergling server, Rally is quite helpful. I think the Rally mechanic itself should only apply to those with the outmanned “buff”, while those without the outmanned are completely defeated when they go down. This means you’ll have to actually play smart instead of just mass zerging, since you’re completely defeated when you have a bunch of people on one Borderland compared to another.

In SPvP, downed needs to stay. I’m sorry, but I honestly think removing the chance to fight back while down would make the glass cannon builds that actually work even more aggravating.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I find it near impossible to win a 2 v 1 or 3 vs 2 because of downed state no matter how bad they are or how i outplay them.
Even if i down one, I’ve still got him attacking me and the other one rezzing him faster than i can finish him.
It turns most fights into fights of who has the most people, not skill.

It is certainly good in pve though.

Here is the secret to winning 2v1 fights.

Secret 1:
Use stability, invulnerability, steatlh, or bknd to cover your stomp. Now it becomes a 1v1.

Secret 2:
After downing one player, Don’t stomp. keep the pressure on the second player. If you got stuns, knockback, pulls, use them.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant