Poorly Designed skills?

Poorly Designed skills?

in PvP

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello,

First let me say that I want to have a discussion about this. Don’t be mean or flame. I’m going to say my side of this and I would love to hear what everyone thinks about the topic.

So something I’ve noticed since the start of this game is classes can do everything. Stuns, immobilzies, large amounts of damage, condi damage, etc. If this is a good or bad thing depends on perspective, but another problem I have with this game’s pvp arises from it.

There are way too many skills that are game changers (as in they can turn the tide of a battle) for every class and each one of these skills has a little to no CD/call animation or they have little to no cooldown.

For example i was in a 3v1. Now I was on point and I wanted to decap it, I knew chances of me winning were slim. I figured I’d try really hard to dodge their skills that could change the tide of the battle and survive/CC as long as possible. It was a spirit ranger, engineer with a rifle (no idea his build), and a mesmer. Within 15 seconds I have about 5 condis on me and 50% hp. I throw up my healing turret to get rid of some condis. The Minute i remove them they are back. Im trying to dodge their important attacks, especially the mesmers immobilize + shatter burst. But every time I use a dodge, I end up not dodging an attack from one of the other two, these attacks are huge too. Apply a bunch of condis, CC, immobilize, or burst damage. Each of these can wreck you in a fight. So not only am I trying to dodge and watch the animations of each of the players, I also have the 3 clones of the mesmer and the 4 spirits of the ranger on my screen. This plus the animations it became very confusing on what was going on. I finally say F it and just start spamming dodges as much as possible, doing random CC and blinds trying to hit as many as I can. I sadly only get the engineer to about 25% and go down from the endless stream of physical damage(mesmer burst too), condi spam, immobilizes, and CC. I ended up decapping it (somehow despite my spamming and no idea what was going on). I amazingly also capped it after I threw down the elixir R toolbelt, rezzed myself and capped it (they players aren’t too good on the otherside).

It really got me thinking though. This game has way too many low CD skills that can turn the tide of a battle easily through CC, condis, burst damage, or survivabliity (evades, blocks, etc). There aren’t a lot of classes that can win in a lot of outmanned situations because of this. Throw in the AI and you’ve got a lot of models, animations, and important skills going off at a constant rate. I find myself getting confused more often in large battles and just saying F it and spamming as much as I can to be effective.

Thoughts? Could we maybe see less spammable skills. Less spamming of everything (cc, condi, burst damage, etc). More cast times and noticeable animations? Less AI perhaps?

(edited by Deified.7520)

Poorly Designed skills?

in PvP

Posted by: The Boz.2038

The Boz.2038

I lost a 3v1, but I was clearly the best player of the four. Nerf them, please?

You can’t be serious with this post…

Poorly Designed skills?

in PvP

Deified.7520

I lost a 3v1, but I was clearly the best player of the four. Nerf them, please?

You can’t be serious with this post…I win 3v1 fights all the time. I honestly think it needs to be harder to do that

Well I’m glad that you think you’re good. I knew I wasn’t going to win. It just brought to my attention the amount of skills i was getting hit with and the cluster on the screen. I was successful in capping and decapping the point. I just wondered if it was ever thought on how easy it is to win in outmanned situations. With the abundent of CC, condis, and other skills that can turn a battle and are on low cooldowns with either no CPs or have low cast times.

Poorly Designed skills?

in PvP

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

This thread is now about Elixir R.

The great forum duppy.

Poorly Designed skills?

in PvP

Deified.7520

This thread is now about Elixir R.

To be fair, they 2 other left without downing me. The engineer stopped attacking too and went to stomp me. I believe they didn’t see the animation.

Is Elixir R a bit overpowered? Perhaps. I think that if they make all knockbacks knock bodies it would be more powerful, though not all classes have these. I think a lot of things need to be reworked in this game, not just Elixir R.

Poorly Designed skills?

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

I would love less AI. After all this is pvp not pve. You have necro minons. Mesmer clones, ranger spirits pet and rock dog, warrior and engineer rock dogs (and torrents from engies), Elementalist elementals, thieves guild and trap, guardian spirits (and rock dog), in anyone time there is more npc on the screen then there are players (and I’m talking about 1v1s here).

I know that a lot of this is class design and skills, but seriously? So much AI. At least let me target nearest player, and to kitten of those mesmers with delusions standing, ignore all pests including clones (to compensate give mesmers 1/2 second stealth on every clone summon).

Remove rock dog and attack bird.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Poorly Designed skills?

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

All this because you lost a 3v1, man i admit this game needs some adjustment, but your just qqing about getting owned 3v1 isnt possible to win dude doesnt matter how much you dodge.