Rank Point Inflation

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

PvP players have never had very much. Only recently have we started seeing any sort of real rewards that we can take to the rest of the game. With the weekend thing going on, where we’re all getting +500 rank points for wins, I’ve realized something: The reason why pvp players keep feeling like we lose is because rank points are inflating (increase the supply of rank points = inflation — similar to money inflation).

If my pvp play is supposed to be worth something, and rank points approximate my play time then my time played up to present day is worth way less than it is at this moment. I’ve heard bear is the new tiger for skilled player and this rank point inflation is why.

I’m not saying we should get a back pay in rank points … I don’t feel entitled to them. I just think everyone should know what’s happening.

Sober

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: Nary Why Irk.8150

Nary Why Irk.8150

We all know whats going on. Every pve player who joined the game and started pvpĀ“ing after us, is going to reach our same rank with x10 less time played.

There goes the GG

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

You dont want ppl to move from hotjoins into tPvP and reduce the ques times ?
But in the same time we want maps to move to HJ ?
Funny…
(so designing any new map we will a waste of time and money ?)

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: Hymnosi.5928

Hymnosi.5928

You are absolutely kittened if you’re playing for a ‘rank’.

Play the game to be good at the game, screw fair weathers.

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer
Commander of Phantom Core [CORE] on Borlis Pass

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: the sober ninja.6539

the sober ninja.6539

Rank finishers are a reward for PvP play, and a lot of people put a lot of time into the game to get that wolf or bear or whatever finisher.

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Hymnosi.5928

Then theoretically you should be that much furtherm correct?

And since you’re ‘that much better’ at the game, it should be easier to win more often, correct?

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

And since you’re ‘that much better’ at the game, it should be easier to win more often, correct?

No.
If you are better matchmaking puts you vs better teams. So you keep somewhere around a 50% win ratio only the top players got 60%

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Hymnosi.5928

No.
If you are better matchmaking puts you vs better teams. So you keep somewhere around a 50% win ratio only the top players got 60%

You win more often if you are better, or are you saying it doesn’t matter how good you are the matches are random?

Hymnosi – Lv80 Engineer

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP:

Wow, there will be people who complain about everything. Besides, why do you care so much about rank points. Ranks only mean that someone has either 1. played a lot or 2: abused the skyhammer exploit.

Like it or not, the leaderboards are the only way to determine how skillful someone is and they aren’t even that great at that.

Just enjoy the game

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: Tranassa.4968

Tranassa.4968

You win more often if you are better, or are you saying it doesn’t matter how good you are the matches are random?

If you are matched all the time vs the same teams, you will win more. BUT matchmaking will put you vs better teams if you rise in the ladder. Unless you are one of the best teams, there will allways be better teams than yours.

Meaning: You loose as much as before, just vs better opponents.

Hope this makes it clear

There is btw. an other aspect. If you watch the top teams fighting in ESL, you will notice, that their matches lasts longer than the matches in the 80% area. Which results in less wins/time.

So if you want to farm rank, it is actually better to be bad.

I’m playing on EU
Automated Tournaments!

(edited by Tranassa.4968)

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I don’t see anything wrong with giving out extra points to the winners. It’s not like the base has increased. Its just the winning team. So you still have to win, it’s not just here’s extra rank points this weekend!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Rank Point Inflation

in PvP

Posted by: Swagginator.3246

Swagginator.3246

big deal. GL getting to rank 80 still.