SoloQ is so stressful!!!

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

rank? ~20 rank vs ~40 rank players. great

i actually think this really is great. as far as you can get faster rankups through hotjoin (as stated many times by many people) and therefore rank means nothing but invested time… so i really dont get why complaining about different ranks queuing together.

the queue syncing otherwise is definitely an issue which needs to be addressed.

all in all i’m happy with soloQ
just think its really poor that they didnt catch enough time for a proper communication tool.

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Jomo kenyatta.7351

Jomo kenyatta.7351

The best thing that you guys can do as our more advanced players is to help coach and guide these raw recruits with some strategy tips in team chat. Have patience with them. I’ve been playing this morning and have seen some amazing players really step up and do this. Our community never ceases to impress me with how awesome you all can be.[/quote]

totally agree, noone will get better if we dont help them, instead of just raging at them try and pass on some knowledge, i realise its hard to micro manage people in a game when your not on team speak but lets not forget its solo que it isnt made for really experienced players its as they said a stepping stone from hotjoin to team arena be helpful or just go to team arena. Or we could even set up a forum posts with basic tactics to help people who dont know what to do on each map. They wont get better unless they get proper guidance.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

solo q can also be a place where scouts can look for promising prospects.

sure you there gotta be some references but sometimes you just pick grapes out of a tree because you just want to do it and yolo.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

We don’t mind to guide people. The problem is in team fight, we sometimes don’t have the luxury of time to be nice and think flower words to put them in chat. In fact, we only have time to tell them where to go next by short command. As human nature, no one like to be commanded, so in the end, they do what they want. Instead, we got some trash talk from very those newbie here we try to help. Only when they realise that we are all one, not 5 individuals, by then, there will be hope for us to step in and help.

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

The best thing that you guys can do as our more advanced players is to help coach and guide these raw recruits with some strategy tips in team chat. Have patience with them. I’ve been playing this morning and have seen some amazing players really step up and do this. Our community never ceases to impress me with how awesome you all can be.

totally agree, noone will get better if we dont help them, instead of just raging at them try and pass on some knowledge, i realise its hard to micro manage people in a game when your not on team speak but lets not forget its solo que it isnt made for really experienced players its as they said a stepping stone from hotjoin to team arena be helpful or just go to team arena. Or we could even set up a forum posts with basic tactics to help people who dont know what to do on each map. They wont get better unless they get proper guidance.[/quote]

the problem is, and i think as a newbie i would act the same, people seem to be awfully arrogant on advising others and most of the time it happens to be ‘flame’. every other game i find myself sending a report for verbal abuse (atm there is no better report) because someone says stuff like ‘f*** you guys/newbs/blabla. you just &%#~$ZRĀ§??’ and so on.

as i think, the basic tactics should be given in a sort of tutorial – which doesn’t exist in that form, especially not to teach tournament-play – and not from other players. and on second hand through queuing for standard matches (unranked) – also non existent (could be hotjoin if the system will get some overhaul like stopping 8v8 crap).

some communication tools would also help a lot

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Stealth.9324

Stealth.9324

Have you read my post, Kito? I guess it works both ways….

Kaane Moka – Champion Magus. Loola Illuma – Champion Genius.
Proud player of : team [uA] – team [TGI]. Australia base, now recruiting.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I played my first solo que.

My team had 3 players. There’s had the full 5.
I was the highest ranked player on team being rank 29. Their teams lowest ranked player was 36.
We Had an additional player join us bringing our number to 4. They left instantly.
The downstate took 15 seconds to respawn with a 20 second load screen.

My first match was my last. Why would I wanna play this?, in hopes that next time it maybe better? These problems have been known about for ages from Tpvp. It looks like their going to continue giving me fair reason to just not want to play.

None of you in the match probably had any solo queue rating yet, because you need to play matches to be ranked. The Rank 36 could be a zerg chaser, and your Rank 15 could be someone who actually cares about winning the objective-based game.

I bet you don’t stay in many games long if getting 1 mismatch out of the gate makes you quit.

Your absolutely correct. If a game pairs me 3 vs 5 and still starts anyways and doesn’t penalize leavers, you’re correct..I pretty much leave it straight away. Why would anyone not leave it?..like I said, in hopes that the next match is better?..especially considering for months Tpvp has complained about unfilled spots on their team and still having the match starting, that you cannot change your settings to ‘not ready’ and leavers don’t face any penalty. These issues aren’t new, they’re not unmentioned and they do have a heavily negative impact on players who just want a balanced game and not get this sort of stuff happening frequently. I still dont understand how I can be ranked pretty much dead last in the world without it being noted in 90% of matches lost I’ve had unfilled spots which has progressed into leavers because of rage quitting.

I have these things happen daily in gw2, in gw1 I had them maybe 3 times in 8 years of constant PvP across all modes from team arenas/random arenas/gvg/HoH. So to make a point, when the PvP is good..I tend to stay for years.

These are legit claims about what is really taking away from the PvP aspect of gw2.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Last time i was in a Solo match…

Guardian – I will roam
Thief – WTF!? YOU AN IDIOT?
Guardian – ???
Thief – Your a guardian ffs! Bunker on a point!
Gaurdian – I am built for damage
Thief – OMFG why do i always have to team with idiots!?!

We did win but was an intresting start.

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: nomatter.5198

nomatter.5198

Haven’t played tPvP for about two months, decided to check out solo arena.

First game I join – starts as 4v5 not in our favour, funnily enough we manage to keep score even enough till about 300 points when another player from our team decides to leave.

Clearly deserved lose for me I guess. eSports FTW.

Attachments:

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

I have tanked over 300 leaderboard spots in 3 days trying to carry minimum 1 far point spamming super pro 1v1 guy in every game. Every single one. It’s actually funny now. I’m getting better at those 3v4s at mid.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

SoloQ is so stressful!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Most of you guys have this dead on. It will take some time for ratings to settle and MMR to improve.

Many players from our community asked us to create SoloQ to give players from hot join a next step up into how competitive PvP plays. For many people who only know the less structured mode of hot join this will be a training ground to develop them into competitive team players.

The best thing that you guys can do as our more advanced players is to help coach and guide these raw recruits with some strategy tips in team chat. Have patience with them. I’ve been playing this morning and have seen some amazing players really step up and do this. Our community never ceases to impress me with how awesome you all can be.

agree 100% but please can you give soloQ a requirement to enter like lvl/rank 10+ at least get thier gladiator title, so that coaching them inside the game wont be a bunch of gibberish to them when i tell them to get far, go mid or help home. its either they are ignoring me or they have no clue what im saying. or worse they have no idea what they are doing even if someone is coaching them.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend