Spirit Rangers after patch? (fans and haters)

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

Q:

Do you think spirit rangers will still be viable after the balance patch? Why do you think they are currently OP and facerolling? Why do they need to get nerfed?

I’m not gonna be defensive. I just wanna get all the facts. Thank you.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

A:

Most of the problem with the ranger builds/class is the stigma that has been attached to it by the compounded dislike given to it by the community across all of the games content except open world PvE.

Where that stigma comes from is the lack of actions per minute and “skillshots” it takes to be effective on the ranger. Most of that problem is rooted directly in the weapon selection.

Shortbow is probably the biggest culprit, because none of its cooldown skills are designed around the need to be used for a DPS improvement. That makes the weapon almost like a guild wars 1 ranger throwback; you autoattack to do damage, and utilize your utilities as necessary.

Now, having put in a fair amount of time on my other classes (I started with a main ranger and now play everything but ele), I don’t honestly see where rangers can reach the damage potential that other classes can, which looks to me like the issue stems from the Storm Spirits ability to do burst damage without power investment, the lack of actions per minute it takes to play the class and how that effects it’s already innate survival focus.

What I mean is, again, with certain weapons, rangers only really have to worry about using their cooldowns as utility. Because there are no real rotations needed that are necessary to reach the desired DPS output, more of the players attention can be focused on using tactics to sustain themselves, like dodges or weapon evades, which compared to a class like an engineer who has to juggle kits and aim skills, or a necro who has to aim many of their skills, makes the class rather forgiving, because there is almost next to nothing to whiff on a rangers Shortbow, versus whiffing something on an engi/necro which could result in either taking the damage you were trying to avoid, or missing the skill you needed to land.

Now, most of the issues I’ve described are related directly to the ranger shortbow. Other weaponsets, like the Axe/Dagger Sword/Torch combination, never really received any complaints from anybody, because of how they play versus how the shortbow plays.

Also, people just don’t like playing against AI, and then they don’t like it when that AI does something (how pushing a button that summons something that gives benefits to teammates versus pushing a button that gives boons that passively help teammates are different concepts, I’ll never know) on top of just being there.

But I guess the main issues would be:

-Poor weapon design that doesn’t require many actions per minute to be effective and doesn’t require any skill rotations to be effective
-AI entities in a competitive atmosphere that are (perceived) to be carrying the player using them into a skill tier that they (possibly) wouldn’t be in without them

Ultimately though the stigma is the biggest issue. It’s one thing to point out the shortcomings of the particular design of the class, but to ostracize and haze players who are playing the class is over the line. Those players shouldn’t be punished for the state of development that the class is in, and they shouldn’t be punished for enjoying their play time on that class.

If you’re going to blame somebody, blame ANet. Most of the changes that the competitive community asks for to be done to the ranger class (the serious, in depth criticisms the offer changes to make the class more competitive) are the same ones that the devs have seemingly been avoiding at all costs in the ranger subforum (along with your casual stuff since it is an audience derived of all players).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Hater point of view: They must be nerfed into the ground
1) petting zoo
2) requires no skill to play
3) I just hate rangers in general

in PvP

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

They dont seem so OP to me, but maybe thats because all classes are the same to kill in the eyes of my warrior

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

It’s not op and doesn’t need nerfs.
It’s just annoying and uninteresting to play against and it’s frustrating to know that at the end of a fight, that spirit ranger had to put 1/2 of your effort into it. It needs, like s/d thieves, to be changed into something that requires you to actually use your brain and pay attention to the game.

in PvP

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

In no particular order:

-Currently Storm Spirit does way too much damage with its active, and the patch doesn’t even remotely address what’s ACTUALLY wrong with it (it doesn’t need a flat damage nerf, it needs to scale with power to get to that damage point, so bunker specs don’t get burst damage)

-Screen clutter is already a problem without the spirits being on the battlefield

-ranger weapons are boring and simple to use, especially the ever so common shortbow, which rewards players for just spamming the autoattack for DPS and using the other 4 skills purely for utility.

-Pet can be used as a fire and forget mechanism, and the pet will tag on to an opponent and DPS them without the ranger player having to do anything other than redbar/swap their pet.

Seeing as how the patch preview looks fairly extensive and their isn’t a high likelihood of many other extensive changes making it in, then yes, spirits are here to stay until probably next year. The builds may vary, you may still see the common 10/0/30/30/0 or 0/10/30/30/0, but more than likely, the build will change to a 0/0/30/30/10 for Mighty Swap.

However, if Natures Vengeance is deemed no longer necessary, then you could see some 10/0/30/20/10 or 0/10/30/20/10 builds, or even more bunker type builds like a 0/0/30/30/10 two spirit and Guard build with Nature’s Voice, or a 0/0/30/20/20 Spirit/BM hybrid.

Either way, all of the previous points mentioned still stand.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

It doesn’t really matter.
Spirit Rangers, like Minion necros, Spirit Weapon guardians or any other kind of petting zoo (except probably mesmer, which is unfortunately based on clones on every single build) needs to be unviable.
You can allow them to exist, but they can’t be competitive. Like many other things, they are annoying to watch and to play against and clearly unhealthy for the game.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

it sounds like you guys are all firm that spirit ranger take no skill to play. what makes your class better than spirit rangers?

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I already told you everything you are going to hear in this thread in another thread.

Spirit ranger is the easiest class to play and be extremely effective.

Why? High protection uptime, high burning uptime, amazing team support, self res+team res two times per 180 minutes. Massive healing for your whole team (400 per second equal to an extra healing signet). Evade spam. Burst damage from storm spirit. A great heal. condition transfer to pet (purely passive and amazingly good against condition classes).

Spirit rangers are an abomination. The common carrion build which uses shortbow+ sword/dagger can win 1v1s purely by spamming 1+ using evades whenever off cooldown. To win team fights with a spirit ranger all you have to do is show up and suddenly your whole team has 400 HPS, burning and protection.

It’s ridiculous

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

it sounds like you guys are all firm that spirit ranger take no skill to play. what makes your class better than spirit rangers?

Reactive play.

Risk vs Reward.

Both factors almost every other build/class has to deal with.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

I already told you everything you are going to hear in this thread in another thread.

Why? High protection uptime, high burning uptime, amazing team support, self res+team res two times per 180 minutes. Massive healing for your whole team (400 per second equal to an extra healing signet). Evade spam. Burst damage from storm spirit. A great heal. condition transfer to pet (purely passive and amazingly good against condition classes).

Spirit rangers are an abomination. The common carrion build which uses shortbow+ sword/dagger can win 1v1s purely by spamming 1+ using evades whenever off cooldown. To win team fights with a spirit ranger all you have to do is show up and suddenly your whole team has 400 HPS, burning and protection.

It’s ridiculous

I had such a hard time playing with a Longbow-Hammer Warrior, with a S/D thief, with a phantasm Mesmer, with a minion Necro, with a HGH grenade Engi etc etc….Also no spamfest at all these builds…Every skill matters..Huge CDS and active playstyle….I pressed F1 in a huge area and everyone got 3,5 k dmg and got stunned….Oh i got it again soon….Dat S/D thief tho, was a very tough task…So hard time pressing 33333333 and doing 4k dmg..kitten i must practice more…

So ye, you know…The whole game is spammy and easy…

in PvP

Valentin.2073

It’s ridiculous

you play a necro, right? do you think necros are more balanced? do you think dealing multiple conditions is ok? i really wanna know. thank you.

(edited by Valentin.2073)

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

It’s ridiculous

you play a necro, right? do you think necros are more balanced? do you think dealing multiple conditions is ok? i really wanna know. thank you.

Lol Necros are also part of the power creep problem. That being said it’s at least reactive albeit spammy.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

you play a necro, right? do you think necros are more balanced? do you think dealing multiple conditions are ok? i really wanna know. thank you.

Let’s see:

1. Necros are weak to power attacks/burst. They have no access to protection. They also cannot spam evades or disengage with swiftness. They also have no passive healing, making them the easiest target in any midfight to focus down.

2. A condition necro has no power burst damage. Frost spirit can hit 6-7k damage, pet can also deal substantial damage especially in 1v1s

3. Necro doesn’t have evade spam (sword 2,3, dagger 4, shortbow 3) /ridiculous traits like Natural vigor

4. Try spamming 1 on necro and see how many 1v1s you win.

5. Necro cannot self res, they also don’t bring massive team utility ( Sun Spirit is like Dhuumfire for your whole team).

6. Necro has an easily interrupted heal and it’s other condition transfers (dagger 4, staff 4) are ACTIVE. Not passive like spirit ranger removal to pet.

7. Check the number of necros on top teams vs the number of spirit rangers on top teams.

As a side note, ranger is my 3rd most played class after thief/necromancer. It’s what I started the game on and I’ve played ~150 tournaments on it. I don’t have anything against the class. I merely think that the carrion spirits build brings far too much to the table and is the worst offender of evade spam, passives, and AI abuse in the game currently.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Hambow warr is harder to play than petting zoo builds . And S\D thief 333333 spam? How do you get such a fast intil regen bro????

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

Hambow warr is harder to play than petting zoo builds . And S\D thief 333333 spam? How do you get such a fast intil regen bro????

Hambow longbow is at the very least a class that you can be actively outplayed/counterplayed. It requires basic positioning +combo chain knowledge, unlike spirit ranger.

Also, +1 to the s/d thief with 25 initiative.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Valentin.2073

you play a necro, right? do you think necros are more balanced? do you think dealing multiple conditions are ok? i really wanna know. thank you.

Let’s see:

1. Necros are weak to power attacks/burst. They have no access to protection. They also cannot spam evades or disengage with swiftness. They also have no passive healing, making them the easiest target in any midfight to focus down.

2. A condition necro has no power burst damage. Frost spirit can hit 6-7k damage, pet can also deal substantial damage especially in 1v1s

3. Necro doesn’t have evade spam (sword 2,3, dagger 4, shortbow 3) /ridiculous traits like Natural vigor

4. Try spamming 1 on necro and see how many 1v1s you win.

5. Necro cannot self res, they also don’t bring massive team utility ( Sun Spirit is like Dhuumfire for your whole team).

6. Necro has an easily interrupted heal and it’s other condition transfers (dagger 4, staff 4) are ACTIVE. Not passive like spirit ranger removal to pet.

7. Check the number of necros on top teams vs the number of spirit rangers on top teams.

As a side note, ranger is my 3rd most played class after thief/necromancer. It’s what I started the game on and I’ve played ~150 tournaments on it. I don’t have anything against the class. I merely think that the carrion spirits build brings far too much to the table and is the worst offender of evade spam, passives, and AI abuse in the game currently.

thanks for the response. now that you’ve mentioned that you also play spirit ranger, do you think spirit rangers are more effective than necros, let’s say 1v1?

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

Eternal facepalm these Spirit Ranger haters..its not like we like it as build, or we think it has high skill floor..Still we are objective and looking for the real problem(meta)

in PvP

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

I like the guy who said " Frost spirit can hit 6-7k damage," when that spirit has no damage. GJ bro talk more kitten about rangers when you don’t even know what your talking about.

Doesn’t our Elite do 320 heal per second and can be killed rather fast.

Just saying…..

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Hater point of view: They must be nerfed into the ground
1) petting zoo
2) requires no skill to play
3) I just hate rangers in general

I have come to hate all the pet classes in general. They are just too offensive for all their defense.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in PvP

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Spirit Rangers, like Minion necros, Spirit Weapon guardians or any other kind of petting zoo (except probably mesmer, which is unfortunately based on clones on every single build) needs to be unviable.
You can allow them to exist, but they can’t be competitive. Like many other things, they are annoying to watch and to play against and clearly unhealthy for the game.

Spirit weapon guardians? When was the last time you saw one of those? I actally did mess around with a set of them one time recently roaming in wvw. The guy who destroyed me told me he freaked out when he saw them cause he didn’t know what they were. Turned out they were harmless.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

I like the guy who said " Frost spirit can hit 6-7k damage," when that spirit has no damage. GJ bro talk more kitten about rangers when you don’t even know what your talking about.

Just saying…..

Er in a previous post I said storm spirit, frost spirit was a typo. No spirit rangers take frost spirit anymore because storm spirit does that much damage.

I like how the only comeback you have to all the logical arguments I included in my post is that I made a typo and that spirit heals for 80 less per second than what I said. So good. You should join a debate team.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

Spirit weapon guardians? When was the last time you saw one of those? I actally did mess around with a set of them one time recently roaming in wvw. The guy who destroyed me told me he freaked out when he saw them cause he didn’t know what they were. Turned out they were harmless.

It’s just an example that came to me mind, probably because I main a guardian :P
Yes, they’re quite useless now, and the best for the game would be them to remain that way.

It’s not bad at all to have builds that can use a single spirit, minion or spirit weapon, but full specs just add A LOT of clutter. If you get several of these buids in the same teamfight, the game turns really disgusting to play.

in PvP

Sol.4310

Just saying…..

Er in a previous post I said storm spirit, frost spirit was a typo. No spirit rangers take frost spirit anymore because storm spirit does that much damage.

I like how the only comeback you have to all the logical arguments I included in my post is that I made a typo and that spirit heals for 80 less per second than what I said. So good. You should join a debate team.

Doesn’t change the fact you stuffed up. So don’t tell someone to join a debate team when your one who kittened up here Mr Necro.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

Ranger elite is 480 hps. And the 50% nerf to sun spirit will defeat the viability of spirit builds. They will still be run of course, but they will be passed by BM.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

FYI there was a time when Empathetic bond was broken..Actually it was totally erasing any condition you had every 10 sec….Not transfering them to the pet, not only 3…All of em!Poof!Thin Air!
And noone cared enough to complain about it..Eventually someone figure it out and report it..Y it was OP but there was a power meta with thieves doing insane amount of dmg.Noone cared about condition removal…

ITS THE META THAT MAKES THINGS OP!

in PvP

Dardamaniac.1295

There are a lot of things that you ppl dont know about Rangers.Possible the most undiscovered class…
Did you know that a Ranger can do a 8sec aoe fear(Eura deserves the discovery)….
An 8 sec aoe fear is defently OP but noone complains about it cause ppl dont know it yet..
Come again in a few months to complain about it too in a different meta..

in PvP

Ryan.9387

There was also a time where you could run dual raven for 6k spikes twice every 14s for 12k total per 14s. Plus shortbow was long range, quickness stomps were used, and the class had less “ai.”

Then again people complain OP then get anet to buff spirits then complain about the PASSIVE ai that they made anet create.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Ryan.9387

And the “8s fear” is a 3s fear given from a boar f2 after you add runes and traits to buff the fear.

Rangers know our class, however many don’t want to play non viable builds.

1) Boar is low dmg.
2) Boar knockback functions poorly and always misses.
3) 25% chance on f2 for skull fear. (3s unbuffed)
4) 40s cd on f2
5) 30 in prec/critdmg line for relevant trait (50% stun)
6) Runes wastes buffing fear.

These builds aren’t run because they are a liability to their team. If they worked they would be meta, but they don’t so they aren’t. The few people I’ve seen run gimmicks have been free kills without exception to any meta build.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Valentin.2073

Hambow longbow is at the very least a class that you can be actively outplayed/counterplayed. It requires basic positioning +combo chain knowledge, unlike spirit ranger.

do you think a ranger flanking with his bows to deal bleed is not skilled? do you think activating the spirits at the right moment is braindead? i really wanna know truth. thank you.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

Just saying…..

Doesn’t change the fact you stuffed up. So don’t tell someone to join a debate team when your one who kittened up here Mr Necro.

LOL^

Also, just tested out elite spirit. It does indeed heal for 480 on a carrion spirits build. Look who stuffed up. Guess one of the ‘top’ spirit rangers in the game doesn’t even know what his abilities do. Go figure.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

do you think a ranger flanking with his bows to deal bleed is not skilled? do you think activating the spirits at the right moment is braindead? i really wanna know truth. thank you.

I’ve seen multiple times where so called ‘pro rangers’ literally run into a mid fight and activate all 3 spirit abilities simultaneously. So no, this isn’t skilled.

Flanking with your shortbow could take skill, but in all honesty with the burning from your pet and you while you have so many evades, it isn’t even necessary to win a 1v1.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Sol.4310

I’ve seen multiple times where so called ‘pro rangers’ literally run into a mid fight and activate all 3 spirit abilities simultaneously. So no, this isn’t skilled.

Flanking with your shortbow could take skill, but in all honesty with the burning from your pet and you while you have so many evades, it isn’t even necessary to win a 1v1.

All abored the Scrub Train, QqqqQQqqq. Next stop L2P.

Infraction incoming in 3.2.1

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

I like how you didn’t even respond to the fact that after all the tournaments you’ve played on spirit ranger you didn’t even know that spirit elite heals for 1.5x what it says on the tooltip. lol

*aboard

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Sol.4310

I like how you didn’t even respond to the fact that after all the tournaments you’ve played on spirit ranger you didn’t even know that spirit elite heals for 1.5x what it says on the tooltip. lol

*aboard

Fact is I don’t count you as a good player whom knows what he is talking about. I don’t see you playing in top tier of TPvP.

Fact is, if you think playing Spirit Ranger in Top Tier is easy then your bad player and your team is bad.

Warriors and Engineer’s are countering Spirit Ranger’s rather easy.

LB/H completely destroys every single ranger build. You have to play perfect vs a decent one or your dead. That mean’s timing when you use your Spirit’s Active skill, timing when you dodge as they apply weakness to you so spamming your dodge will only kill you in the long run, your Auto attack is uttly useless vs Warriors as there range is stronger then your’s and once they imob you they can almost 100-0 you if there berserker fit.

Engi’s with Nades/Bombs/Elixir gun destroy ranger’s 1v1 very rarely you will take one down only if you get lucky.

Team fight’s almost always have Engi or Warrior which destroy spirits extremely fast within first part of combat.

So tell me how is it easy to play Spirit Ranger when its getting countered so hard.

This is why I think your word is worthless, you don’t play top tier you never will.

Also pet management is big part that no other class has to worry about, we remove conditions to our pet, so vs the conditions in the meta you must micro manage your pet or you lose your conditions, timing of your F2 as its delayed. But to someone like you that must be easy.

Seem to also forget, every single team has epic amounts of condition remove. Bunker guardians alone can almost keep it clear, Engi’s are better at applying conditions same with necros.

Also do you even know how the SB work’s we have to do many Auto attacks to even = the Auto attack of most classes, E.g. Warrior Auto his for 1-2k, Necros Auto applys bleeding/poison as well as decent damage.

Also necros destroy rangers in team fights.

So please tell me how is it easy to play when GOOD players which your not don’t seem to have a problem.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

(edited by Sol.4310)

in PvP

Valentin.2073

so you think a necro dropping plague that can kill a foe in seconds is skilled and requires you to think before you use it? btw, you haven’t answered my question earlier.between necros and spirit rangers, who has better chances to win if they engage in a 1v1 battle against each other? i just wanna know the truth before i tell myself that i am indeed running an unbalanced and facerolling build.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

so you think a necro dropping plague that can kill a foe in seconds is skilled and requires you to think before you use it? btw, you haven’t answered my question earlier.between necros and spirit rangers, who has better chances to win if they engage in a 1v1 battle against each other? i just wanna know the truth before i tell myself that i am indeed running an unbalanced and facerolling build.

Are you talking about plague form? Nothing is making you stand in a necros plague. It’s extremely easy to kite. If a necro actually killed you while in plague form, there is nothing I can do for you, sorry.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Relentless.7023

Relentless.7023

Plague kills people in a few seconds? What game are we talking about?

in PvP

Valentin.2073

Are you talking about plague form? Nothing is making you stand in a necros plague. It’s extremely easy to kite. If a necro actually killed you while in plague form, there is nothing I can do for you, sorry.

how many conditions can you deal with that skill? in a team fight, fighting on a cap, how many can dodge that? since you played a spirit ranger, usually how many conditions can you deal? teach me. thank you.

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

Plague kills people in a few seconds? What game are we talking about?

They are impossible to reason with, man.

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Valentin.2073

i’m not defending the build, man. i just wanna know what makes a spirit ranger OP and very easy to play compared to other “meta-builds”.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

i’m not defending the build, man. i just wanna know what makes a spirit ranger OP and very easy to play compared to other “meta-builds”.

Screen clutter. Petting zoo.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

*aboard

Fact is I don’t count you as a good player whom knows what he is talking about. I don’t see you playing in top tier of TPvP.

i think you’re an awful player lol. Ranger is easy to play there’s no reason to deny it. I felt like mashing my face across my keyboard would have accomplished what I already did when I played it with shortbow, and to a lesser extent a/d s/t is ridiculously easy to play too. I still think BM is better than spirits anyways. If you’re getting destroyed with a shortbow by a necro in teamfights you’re doing it wrong.

@Dardamaniac – many people knew about the fear with the boar skull drop, nobody used it as boar sucks kitten pluw enemies could pick up the weapon drops and it’s rng.

Symbolic

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

The things spirit rangers convince themselves of…

in PvP

infantrydiv.1620

The things spirit rangers convince themselves of…

^ Yuppp

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

Playing Ranger for a long period of time will make you a worse player unless you’re doing Power Ranger. True story.

(edited by jmatb.6307)

in PvP

Sol.4310

*aboard

i think you’re an awful player lol. Ranger is easy to play there’s no reason to deny it. I felt like mashing my face across my keyboard would have accomplished what I already did when I played it with shortbow, and to a lesser extent a/d s/t is ridiculously easy to play too. I still think BM is better than spirits anyways. If you’re getting destroyed with a shortbow by a necro in teamfights you’re doing it wrong.

@Dardamaniac – many people knew about the fear with the boar skull drop, nobody used it as boar sucks kitten pluw enemies could pick up the weapon drops and it’s rng.

Coming from the guy who only been known for playing Spirit Ranger and the nub version at that is rather funny.

If you new anything about me you wouldn’t be saying what you just said. But you don’t your just like allot of Ranger’s played FOTM which isn’t hard, team got good not off your skill as FOTM Spirit Ranger is in every single team and they all do same thing.

Next time read I never said anything about necro’s beating me, also if you ever watched me play vs a necro you would see how I almost 100-0 most necros due to how easy it is to counter play there condition spike.

One last thing, BM is our worst build in SPvP if you tried playing other builds besides ones that are FOTM you would already know this and wouldn’t of said BM build is better.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Valentin.2073

I still think BM is better than spirits anyways.

So you think having the pet inflict most of the damage takes skill? I’m really curious. What makes BM more skillful than a spirit ranger?

in PvP

Sol.4310

I still think BM is better than spirits anyways.

So you think having the pet inflict most of the damage takes skill? I’m really curious. What makes BM more skillful than a spirit ranger?

Signet’s require allot of skill didn’t you know. He actively puts them on his skill bar, self pro-claimed pro’s who rise to fame off FOTM builds.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

*aboard

Coming from the guy who only been known for playing Spirit Ranger and the nub version at that is rather funny.

If you new anything about me you wouldn’t be saying what you just said. But you don’t your just like allot of Ranger’s played FOTM which isn’t hard, team got good not off your skill as FOTM Spirit Ranger is in every single team and they all do same thing.

Next time read I never said anything about necro’s beating me, also if you ever watched me play vs a necro you would see how I almost 100-0 most necros due to how easy it is to counter play there condition spike.

One last thing, BM is our worst build in SPvP if you tried playing other builds besides ones that are FOTM you would already know this and wouldn’t of said BM build is better.

I played backpoint, at the time ranger was the most efficient backpoint. If you want any reasoning as to why I played that version of spirit ranger feel free to ask and I’ll explain to you why it was strong it’s a pretty simple explanation.
Plus I watched your video for goodness sake and you’re kittening terrible mechanically(HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!) and there’s no denying it really. I didn’t actually start off by playing spirit ranger, I played BM ranger which was kinda fun. The build still actually is viable and strong in 1v1s, and no not that kittenty NA version where you run around with a shortbow.

Also necros destroy rangers in team fights.

Okayyyyyy…

And finally, I don’t think I’m an amazing player. I probably got carried by my team mates through most of the game I’m sure. But you’re somebody who actually thinks they’re amazing at the game when the majority of the competitive population quit/can’t be bothered to practice for it and you’re picking up the pieces. Plus you’re playing one of the most braindead specs in the game. Spewing random bullkitten about how you get destroyed by engineers, when guess what? I could consistently beat an amazing engineer player with a beastmaster spec in a 1v1 scenario. I’m sorry but having somebody in the community who advertises themselves as hot kitten when in reality they suck kitten is not goooooood. Bed time, nite xox.

Edit: ps i started playing ranger in april? still only got like 3-400 games i have like 5x more than that on necro lol.

Symbolic

(edited by Oblivion.8307)