Thank you for removing 8v8 hotjoin

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

When I first started playing PvP I started with hotjoin, and thinking bigger is better I played a lot of 8v8. Over time I started reading on the forums and saw people saying how bad 8v8 was, how zergy it was, and with that I moved on to 5v5. I never turned back after seeing how much better 5v5 was, and today I’ve moved to pugging tPvP. Each step I’ve made has brought me closer to a true PvP experience, and if I’d known better I wouldn’t have played any 8v8, I’d have learned the ropes with 5v5. Thank you ANet for removing one of these intermediate steps and not letting people (especially noobs) get pulled into 8v8. I’m looking forward to practicing builds in 5v5 arenas and having more matches to choose from.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Some experienced players still liked it so…yeah. You could have tried 5v5 and tPvP even if there was 8v8.

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Its not removed, I had an 8v8 hotjoi.

I think they only removed 8v8 custom arena

in PvP

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Some experienced players still liked it so…yeah. You could have tried 5v5 and tPvP even if there was 8v8.

The unhappy thread is this way →

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Bring-back-8v8

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

One of the only good things about this update was the removal of 8v8 zergjoin, most of the rest of the patch is just… argh.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Yeah, I hate additional game modes. Please remove nooby PvE areas next so my WvW maps are more populated!

in PvP

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Yeah, I hate additional game modes. Please remove nooby PvE areas next so my WvW maps are more populated!

Additional game modes? Seriously? It was conquest with zergs instead of teams, hardly an additional game mode, lmao.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

When I first started playing PvP I started with hotjoin, and thinking bigger is better I played a lot of 8v8. Over time I started reading on the forums and saw people saying how bad 8v8 was, how zergy it was, and with that I moved on to 5v5. I never turned back after seeing how much better 5v5 was, and today I’ve moved to pugging tPvP. Each step I’ve made has brought me closer to a true PvP experience, and if I’d known better I wouldn’t have played any 8v8, I’d have learned the ropes with 5v5. Thank you ANet for removing one of these intermediate steps and not letting people (especially noobs) get pulled into 8v8. I’m looking forward to practicing builds in 5v5 arenas and having more matches to choose from.

I don’t see how 8v8 take anything away from 5v5 in this post. I don’t see how this change is an improvement. Can someone locate it for me?

It might be that there is no reason here at all.

OP’s post might be about how he is thankful that ANet is forcing players to like what OP like.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in PvP

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Translation: I don’t like something so take it away from other people.

Alternative Translation: I know what’s best for other people.

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Translation: I don’t like something so take it away from other people.

Alternative Translation: I know what’s best for other people.

This.

8v8 didn’t hurt anyone(!), nobody was forced to go there and there were plenty of 5v5 to join. Removing it seems pointless. Hooray for less options.