Tired of eles complaining

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Why do eles complain so much? They can already spec in a way to have the highest sustained burst in the game (mostly seen in PvP), and they can also spec completely differently and be virtually unkillable (mostly seen in WvW).

So the question stands…. why do they complain so much?

in PvP

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Why do eles complain so much? They can already spec in a way to have the highest sustained burst in the game (mostly seen in PvP), and they can also spec completely differently and be virtually unkillable (mostly seen in WvW).

From where do you get this absurd information? Have you ever played an ele before yourself?

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

in PvP

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Go play an ele and make a video. Come back when you’re done.

Eles are by far the worst class in the game at the moment. They most certainly aren’t able to become “virtually unkillable”, even in WvW, and… Sustained burst? Really? Not only does that not qualify as burst, by definition, but that’s completely untrue anyways. You clearly have never played the class before.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in PvP

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I think the fact he put “sustained” and “burst” in the same sentence means he can be safely ignored.

in PvP

Posted by: LelouchViBritannia.3607

LelouchViBritannia.3607

There is no such thing as “sustained burst” which shows how much you must know about pvp mechanics.

I command you to be AWESOME.

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

The so-called highest burst is a one-trick pony that can be repeated once about every 40 seconds or so. Not only does it require lightning fingers to press more than 2 buttons or a macro to be executed properly, it also requires starts to align, i.e the target is either caught unaware with all defensive skills on CD, a noob, AFK or too stupid to care.

Ask yourself this, when was the last time you got bursted 100 to 0 by an ele?

If you meant, sustained damage, yeah zerker or valk eles have that. You deal decent to awesome damage as long as the target is standing still, a noob, AFK or too stupid to care.

As for the bunker spec, virtually unkillable maybe 5 or 7 months ago but with all the nerfs and trait reshuffling that has happened, it’s not the case anymore. You survive a wee bit longer, like 5 to 10 seconds longer but you still die due to gutted mobility and healing.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: entropy.9613

entropy.9613

The Rabbit Document.

in PvP

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Good ele is good, bad ele is useless.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in PvP

Posted by: Biomanz.9302

Biomanz.9302

… highest sustained burst in the game … virtually unkillable

BAHHAHAHA you have no friggin clue… About the unkillable part, any other class can be just as unkillable if you also account for escape-ability, including thieves.

Taera Locke – staff ele
Red circles heal you. Just relax.

in PvP

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Good ele is good… Good ele vs ok anything else equals dead ele.

No place in pvp what so ever for a long time. That’s why I retired my ele on pvp many months ago.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

Exceptional ele is good. Okay ele is bad.
Okay warrior is amazing. Bad warrior is still good.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Eles are by far the worst class in the game at the moment. They most certainly aren’t able to become “virtually unkillable”, even in WvW, and… Sustained burst? Really? Not only does that not qualify as burst, by definition, but that’s completely untrue anyways. You clearly have never played the class before.

No they are not that bad. People have been complaining about eles ever since they got nerfed awhile back. Playing ele at the time was godmode. Now that it is in a decent spot, most people can’t adapt.

If you’ve never played a defensive oriented ele in WvW, I don’t know what to say to you. I watched two GC thieves and one warrior chasing around an ele the other day. They couldn’t kill him. If that isn’t unkillable, I don’t think you have a clue.

Now tell me this.. Why can a GC ele do more damage to me on my bunker guardian than any other class?

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

No they are not that bad. People have been complaining about eles ever since they got nerfed awhile back. Playing ele at the time was godmode. Now that it is in a decent spot, most people can’t adapt.

If you’ve never played a defensive oriented ele in WvW, I don’t know what to say to you. I watched two GC thieves and one warrior chasing around an ele the other day. They couldn’t kill him. If that isn’t unkillable, I don’t think you have a clue.

Now tell me this.. Why can a GC ele do more damage to me on my bunker guardian than any other class?

because you’re not very good

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in PvP

Bsgapollo.5364

You keep talking about WvWvW, you do realize we’re in the pvp forums right?

in PvP

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

wats a gc ele? global cooldown insta gib?
if 2 thieves and a warrior can’t kill an ele, they need to uninstall for realz.

immobilize and chill = gg ded ele.
heck, even poison.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

(edited by katniss.6735)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.4739

Wolf.4739

Part of the problem with Ele is that they just get focussed more as easy kills.

Ele can do huge damage but they are hard to keep alive. I don’t think their defences compare with the invis and pet spam of thieves/mesmers.

Necros and Warriors can have good damage and defence at the same time and most games are dominated by these classes.

It’s really annoying seeing other classes stand still while dishing out massive damage and seemingly take hardly any in return even from glassy ele builds.

in PvP

Posted by: DuranArgith.1354

DuranArgith.1354

Eles need and deserve the buffs. However there needs to be moderation in what Anet wil increase, because eles really have the tools and flexibility to go beyond control.

in PvP

Posted by: Inverted.7439

Inverted.7439

Ele’s used to be a top class and people cant seem to realize their class isn’t the same as it was, people used to be able to pickup bunker d/d ele and just kill everyone & everything. Now if you want good burst on ele you’re forced to run something with >14k hp which is pretty obsurd considering Dhuumfire on necromancer does around 4-5k dmg passively. I like my ele how it is but i can definitely see why people aren’t happy with what Anet’s done to the class.

in PvP

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

This reminds of something i said In gw1.

An average warrior is average.
An mediorce ele is mediocre.
An ok Monk is Ok.
An average mesmer is bad.

The same currently applies to ele. I have seen some that are way a head of the bell curve with how good they are and when they use their aura’s. I have seen more that were boardering on spamtastic button mashing and didn’t get very far. With 4 elementals/ 20 weapon skills/ variety of ulities/access to immunity, reflection, teleport, condition immunity, additional weapon skills and able to summon pets it would be a very tough statement to say they are below par and “lacking.” Te bigger problem is that they are 10 pounds stuffed into an 8 pound bag.

in PvP

Posted by: Amir.1570

Amir.1570

They have a right to complain now due to ANET just messing up balancing.

in PvP

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

ladies and gentlemen, i give you…BURST.
http://youtu.be/1gAif9qE4WY?t=36s

in PvP

Posted by: TheGreatA.4192

TheGreatA.4192

Ele can still hit like a truck while wielding Barbarian amulet which gives 20k hp. I hit 13k Fire Grab on a warri with Barbarian amulet on. With might stacking you can get around 2,5k power as well and 75% crit chance with fury, around 50% crit dmg with Arcane trait.

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

(edited by TheGreatA.4192)

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

It must be another mouthbreathing clicker playing full berser and questioning himself, “How did that ele burted me down, so OP!” Im betting you are a mesmer, just like the one I found in SoloQ, saying that he prefered to fight 3 warriors at the same time instead of a elementalist…
Play one get back to the foruns later, to the WVW because this one is the Spvp…

in PvP

Bsgapollo.5364

Ele can still hit like a truck while wielding Barbarian amulet which gives 20k hp. I hit 13k Fire Grab on a warri with Barbarian amulet on. With might stacking you can get around 2,5k power as well and 75% crit chance with fury, around 50% crit dmg with Arcane trait.

Please show me a screenshot where an ele can hit 13k fire grabs inside pvp.
Also make sure your opponent has no armor on and 25 stacks of vulnerability, that way you might actually reach it.

in PvP

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

in wvw they arent unkillable at all, but they are top of the line in the current GWEN meta. buuut in spvp which this thread is about, eles do need some love. ele is in a bad spot in spvp atm and deserves buffs. and i dont even play an ele anymore.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

ladies and gentlemen, i give you…BURST.
http://youtu.be/1gAif9qE4WY?t=36s

Wow he killed a ton of players on that video, eles are fine…

What is dodging, what is toughness, what is healing, stuns and dazes and conditions, notice that he wastes all his utilities on damage skills because dummys dont really hit back.

We are all blind elemantilists are the best! That why no one plays them!

Oh wait….

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

Stop lying?

in PvP

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

Eles need and deserve the buffs. However there needs to be moderation in what Anet wil increase, because eles really have the tools and flexibility to go beyond control.

I concur. I’d rather they tone down what’s obviously OP right now than going for the power creep route which is what they’re taking since the Dhuumfire patch for almost all classes except for ele/thieves.

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

in PvP

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

#ELEtism

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in PvP

Posted by: I Covered Wars.4380

I Covered Wars.4380

I concur. I’d rather they tone down what’s obviously OP right now than going for the power creep route which is what they’re taking since the Dhuumfire patch for almost all classes except for ele/thieves.

Guardians haven’t been getting anything useful at all.

in PvP

Ugruk.4069

Guardians haven’t been getting anything useful at all.

What? They are the best bunkers in the game and can make pretty good burst with a glass canon spec, they dont need anything o.O

in PvP

TheGreatA.4192

Also make sure your opponent has no armor on and 25 stacks of vulnerability, that way you might actually reach it.

As zerker:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/fa3b5t.jpg

This is without my bloodlust stacks which give 250 extra power. I can normally stack up to 15-20 might by myself.

I can get you screens of doing it on moving targets as well but it will increase the chance of my enemies having vulnerability/myself having might/banner buffs from others.

Target golem has 2180 armor which is more than many PvP players run.

This is with Barbarian ele & 25 bloodlust stacks:

http://oi44.tinypic.com/1w900.jpg

For fun here is zerker ele with buffs:

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2qansk1.jpg

Metsän Suojelija (guard)/Puun Halaaja (engi)/Pieni Musta Rotta (warrior)/Viher Rauha (necro)

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

As zerker:

This is without my bloodlust stacks which give 250 extra power. I can normally stack up to 15-20 might by myself.

I can get you screens of doing it on moving targets as well but it will increase the chance of my enemies having vulnerability/myself having might/banner buffs from others.

Neither of those hits are possible in an actualy match so your screenshots don’t proof anything.

in PvP

TheGreatA.4192

Neither of those hits are possible in an actualy match so your screenshots don’t proof anything.

It’s impossible to hit fire grab in an actual match? I don’t know what you’re talking about.

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

It’s impossible to hit fire grab in an actual match?

No, it’s impossible to get all the damage modifiers at the same time without dying in your glassy glass spec because glass eles are free kills for thieves and others.

in PvP

TheGreatA.4192

No, it’s impossible to get all the damage modifiers at the same time without dying in your glassy glass spec because glass eles are free kills for thieves and others.

I have over 19k hp how is that glassy? I know eles who use a similar spec and have done fine in competitive environment. I’m not saying it’s op or meta because it’s clearly not, but you are definitely not a free kill for a thief becaues you can 1 hit him while he will have to deal atleast a few hits to grind down your 19-20 k hp.

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I have over 19k hp how is that glassy? One of the eles I play with Rizadon uses a similar spec, he seems to be doing fine sitting at #1 in Solo Queue.

LOL hp don’t matter. Not having toughness makes you glassy. And any competent thief will do 19k damage in a few seconds to you.

in PvP

TheGreatA.4192

I have over 19k hp how is that glassy? One of the eles I play with Rizadon uses a similar spec, he seems to be doing fine sitting at #1 in Solo Queue.

LOL hp don’t matter. Not having toughness makes you glassy. And any competent thief will do 19k damage in a few seconds to you.

In earth I will have over 2,3k armor which isn’t bad. It is more than thief or mesmer. A competent thief might have the style advantage but if he makes a mistake he pays heavy for it.

in PvP

Bsgapollo.5364

As zerker:

For fun here is zerker ele with buffs:

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2lkzgj6.jpg

And what traits did you run to reach that ridiculous number ? 30/30/10/0/0 that dies with a breeze from any other class ?

You ran 7 in air already to get 10% extra crit damage. Barely anyone runs that in an actual match, pretty sure you waited for the light golem to be below 33% health so you’d get the 20% damage boost which is completely overrated by some people. Personally I don’t run it myself, and you had another 10% damage while attuned to fire. Every ele that is some what competetive almost never goes 10 in fire.

If not for those traits I would also have to guess you were running scholar which is absolute garbage in any actual situation.
It’s all fun and games to see these high numbers, but don’t misslead the people to think ele’s have absurds amount of damage and survivability at the same time.

in PvP

TheGreatA.4192

I use Ranger runes which are currently bugged and give 5% more damage always along with more precision and crit dmg.

For traits I use 30/30/10/0/0 while using Barbarian or 0/30/10/0/30 if using zerker.

I simply posted the pictures to show that it can be done, I’m not saying the spec I was running is the most viable in PvP but I feel fairly comfortable with 20k hp and the large amount of dmg I can put out.

Understand also that you don’t need to hit 13k’s to kill enemies in sPvP, you can safely go for a more defensive set-up with Barbarian amulet while still retaining big damage. and a decent healthpool.

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

I use Ranger runes which are currently bugged and give 5% more damage always along with more precision and crit dmg.

For traits I use 30/30/10/0/0 while using Barbarian or 0/30/10/0/30 if using zerker.

I simply posted the pictures to show that it can be done, I’m not saying the spec I was running is the most viable in PvP but I feel fairly comfortable with 20k hp and the large amount of dmg I can put out.

Understand also that you don’t need to hit 13k’s to kill enemies in sPvP, you can safely go for a more defensive set-up with Barbarian amulet while still retaining big damage. and a decent healthpool.

You’re lucky if you hit for 4k in an actual match. Showing “what can be done” proves nothing besides that you don’t know anything about actual pvp.

in PvP

Treborlavok.3504

honestly its people like you that actually think the class is ok, that causes the most dmg to the class. Ele’s are absolute garbage in pvp right now, point blank end of story.

None at pax, the update did nothing to help them, mobility still garbage, no build diversity and a horrible bunker spec with the longest utility cd’s in the game. /thread

#reroll

Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

in PvP

Posted by: Ferik.3127

Ferik.3127

I think eles are viable in sPvP but almost non-playable in Arena. Maybe it’s the 8v8 setting of hotjoins making ele suitable since the class’s staff skills are buffed to the degree that can trash zergs pretty well

In Arena, 5v5, you 2v2 or 1v1 a lot with your opponent team~

Casual player of all races, classes and genders
Champion Slayer | sPvP Rank 90
Dragonbrand

in PvP

Treborlavok.3504

I think eles are viable in sPvP but almost non-playable in Arena. Maybe it’s the 8v8 setting of hotjoins making ele suitable since the class’s staff skills are buffed to the degree that can trash zergs pretty well

In Arena, 5v5, you 2v2 or 1v1 a lot with your opponent team~

honestly a brain dead monkey can win with an GC ele in 8v8 zergfeast. With the influx of new players and the sheer stupidity of ppl just standing still… its mind bottling… lol.

take and form of the ele into tpvp, or even organized spvp 5v5… theyre a crutch the team has to deal with.

in PvP

TheGreatA.4192

honestly its people like you that actually think the class is ok, that causes the most dmg to the class. Ele’s are absolute garbage in pvp right now, point blank end of story.

None at pax, the update did nothing to help them, mobility still garbage, no build diversity and a horrible bunker spec with the longest utility cd’s in the game. /thread

#reroll

Instead of whining about it I actually try to invent some viable, sometimes non-viable builds. I’m not saying this stuff is op but I definitely feel powerful when I play it well.

in PvP

LelouchViBritannia.3607

#reroll

Instead of whining about it I actually try to invent some viable, sometimes non-viable builds. I’m not saying this stuff is op but I definitely feel powerful when I play it well.

Do you actually believe pvp players just try the 0/10/0/30/30 build of yore for half an hour and then say “kitten it, ele sucks in pvp”? We’ve been trying to find new viable builds since the great nerf wave of summer ’13. None have been found.

in PvP

TheGreatA.4192

#reroll

Do you actually believe pvp players just try the 0/10/0/30/30 build of yore for half an hour and then say “kitten it, ele sucks in pvp”? We’ve been trying to find new viable builds since the great nerf wave of summer ’13. None have been found.

I’ve played with a burst ele being a part of our tPvP team for the past several months and it has never felt out of place. In fact the person who most often scores the highest amount of kills and gets complimented the most is the elementalist.

It’s not part of the meta but it can work if people don’t go for the complete cheese.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

Here is how I see it. Hotjoins and ranked solo/team queue (please stop calling this arena, it’s such an obvious marketing ploy that it’s embarrassing) are so marginally different that you can virtually run any build you want. Solo queue is now the new hot join and team queue is now the new solo queue. The ONLY time where you are going to be able to truly test the viability of a build is against a coordinated team.

Coordinated teams queuing are so few that you don’t get an accurate portrayal of what you can and cannot run. I can run a pure burst 30/30/10/0/0 might stacking/zerker/ conjure build in both queues and yes it blows people up. These are the same people who stand in churning earth, face tank deep freeze/ice storm, and can’t bother to dodge flame leap/fire grab. Now, when you run against a coordinated team your “happy” time is over. One thief will ruin a glass ele.

The biggest problem with balance, in this game, is this. There are 5 members to a ranked team. A-net doesn’t balance for roles within that team. If they did, you would see that elementalists are not excelling more than any other profession in any one role. Now, the problem with elementalists are that even within each role they are not competitive enough to justify not taking someone else. Mobility was destroyed, sustain was destroyed, bunkering was destroyed, condition removal was destroyed, and the only thing you’re left with is ridiculous burst which can easily be targeted by a thief or Mesmer.

in PvP

TheGreatA.4192

I’m not saying we are the greatest team but we are all pretty much top 100 ranked players EU and if a thief wants to try killing our ele he gets introduced to a warrior’s hammer in his face and then a massive burst that will take him 100 to nothing in a matter of a split second. Teamwork can make this build work.

IMO nothing in this game has the kind of burst potential and delivery that ele so it still has its uses in the right hands.

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

There is no such thing as “sustained burst” which shows how much you must know about pvp mechanics.

Oh there totally is.
It doesn’t exist in GW2, but it does exist. I’ve seen it, and it is glorious.