Warrior OP? Let's prove it.

in PvP

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

I will be recording tournament fights of each build posted. The purpose of this thread is to use the exact build people believe is OP so there can be no confusion or debate about utilities, traits, etc.. etc.. used.

If you believe Warriors are overpowered post the exact build you believe to be broken .(sPvP Amulet+Runes+Sigils+Weapon Set+Utilities+Traits) Explain why you believe it’s broken if it doesn’t fall into the following category.

Current arguments against Warrior:

• Conditions resistance is too strong.
  • Healing Signet is too strong. (Consequentially all other heals now unviable)
  • Warriors can “have it all” in one build. (Mobility, DPS, Condition removal, AoE, Sustain, Stunlock)
  • Warriors are easy to play and allow high levels of success at low skill levels.

Those tend to be the general arguments against the Warrior class. If a better Warrior than myself would like to take over and post videos of the builds suggested in action, feel free, but until such a time I’ll be doing this as it seems nobody else from either side is.

Also, if you have videos of Warriors being extremely overpowered and utterly destroying you or someone else please post them. Videos from both sides can only help the discussion.

So let’s see those builds people, post ’em if you got ’em.

(edited by Zanryu.3417)

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

they cant produce such video because it will just show how bad they are. lol

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Valentin.2073

You are a bad player. No one cares.

Also, please understand that when an experiment is conducted by someone with an obviously heavy bias toward one direction, it isn’t valid.

flamebait…

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Django.5923

Django.5923

Why would you even have to prove it. Everyone who seriously plays pvp knows that warriors are OP. If you think they aren’t OP you have no idea of pvp atm^^

warriors have no real counter. They have stability against cc, massive condition hate and can lineback with stuns (taking out dmg), while dealing massive dmg themselves.

They need to be nerfed again. And how that should happen has been stated many times in the forums. But they will never listen or change it.

Banner buff is coming probably

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

You are a bad player. No one cares.

Also, please understand that when an experiment is conducted by someone with an obviously heavy bias toward one direction, it isn’t valid.

I’m offering an unbiased video. One that includes entire fights, both 1v1 and team fights. I’m not offering stories of why I think builds x, y, and z are balanced. I’m offering to record the builds people complain about to show whether or not they’re truly imbalanced.

So as I said, let’s see those builds people.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

let’s just make some videos how a warrior can be countered 1v1. how about that?

stupid question: how can i film gw2? do i use a software?

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

let’s just make some videos how a warrior can be countered 1v1. how about that?

stupid question: how can i film gw2? do i use a software?

Fraps and Bandicam are solid options. To edit Windows Movie Maker works just fine for basic things, but if you’d like to get fancy I recommend Sony Vegas Pro. I’d use Vegas if it weren’t for it destroying my video’s ratio no matter what settings I choose.

in PvP

Valentin.2073

thank you. i will google those apps right now. :-)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Most game companies balance on internal data such as popularity/win percentages, not fan feedback. So I don’t think there’s any way to stop warrior nerfs, as they’re the most popular profession in solo queue by a massive margin, and in team queue by a small margin.

Threads like these are also obviously not swaying public opinion. I know it feels bad when your favorite profession is hated, but there’s nothing you can do about it. I’m sorry. If you want to defend warriors, I’d recommend lobbying for reasonable changes and small nerfs that will make warriors harder to learn without gutting them at the top level.

in PvP

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

• Conditions resistance is too strong.

I really want to see fix for warhorn/guardian shouts double conversion reverted, and more so, i would like to see such abilities given to all classes.
Condition builds are way too powerful now.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

You need to more strictly define Point 3 – your list of examples is fulfilled by Cleansing ire and Greatsword.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

You need to more strictly define Point 3 – your list of examples is fulfilled by Cleansing ire and Greatsword.

Mmkay edited. Was a bit busy when I posted this thread. Got a build to post?

For that matter, anyone got a build to post?

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

GS M/S still seems like it comes close to filling those requirements – enough CC (not as much as M/S H of course), and not much AoE, but it’s still there.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

GS M/S still seems like it comes close to filling those requirements – enough CC (not as much as M/S H of course), and not much AoE, but it’s still there.

Do you want to post the exact build so I can enter a queue with it and record the results?

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Do you want to post the exact build so I can enter a queue with it and record the results?

Not particularly. I was simply trying to be helpful as far as your list of test cases went.

I have no idea who you are, nor how good you are, so I don’t see how you testing things can prove anything to me – perhaps you’re an amazing player and you make the class look OP when it’s not – perhaps you’re a really poor player and you make the class look UP when its not.

Even if I knew for a fact you were the well qualified for testing, generating a bit of anecdotal evidence isn’t going to help much either way. It doesn’t matter whose point you “prove” with this, conclusions drawn from it will be wrong due to improper testing. Anet has access to the statistics, they’ll hopefully use that information when they determine if any changes need to be done.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

0\10\30\0\30 hambow
soldier gear+ runes of ogre and para sigil

Utilities: dolyak, balance stance , zerk stance

Why I believe it’s Op:
Immune to conditions dmg : cleansing ire+ zerk stance
Immune to CC: stability 8sec x2
Immune to sustained dmg : healing signet+ adrenalhealth
Massive damage and CC : earthshaker+ merciless hammer+ unspec foes
Massive burning damage with 0 condi dmg : longbow burning

Warrior has 1 weakness : heavy burst damage .
You need a pro thief to take down a passive warrior that use
ground target skills .

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

0\10\30\0\30 hambow
soldier gear+ runes of ogre and para sigil

Utilities: dolyak, balance stance , zerk stance

Why I believe it’s Op:
Immune to conditions dmg : cleansing ire+ zerk stance
Immune to CC: stability 8sec x2
Immune to sustained dmg : healing signet+ adrenalhealth
Massive damage and CC : earthshaker+ merciless hammer+ unspec foes
Massive burning damage with 0 condi dmg : longbow burning

Warrior has 1 weakness : heavy burst damage .
You need a pro thief to take down a passive warrior that use
ground target skills .

Alrighty, gonna start recording this build.

in PvP

Posted by: Jackal.8263

Jackal.8263

Not particularly. I was simply trying to be helpful as far as your list of test cases went.

I have no idea who you are, nor how good you are, so I don’t see how you testing things can prove anything to me – perhaps you’re an amazing player and you make the class look OP when it’s not – perhaps you’re a really poor player and you make the class look UP when its not.

Even if I knew for a fact you were the well qualified for testing, generating a bit of anecdotal evidence isn’t going to help much either way. It doesn’t matter whose point you “prove” with this, conclusions drawn from it will be wrong due to improper testing. Anet has access to the statistics, they’ll hopefully use that information when they determine if any changes need to be done.

Evil, I don’t know you, but I respect you. The way you think and then transfer that thinking to a forum post is top notch. You are one of the few who makes an effort not to allow personal bias or feeling to stain the point you’re trying to make. It is a talent I do not have. Best of luck.

(edited by Jackal.8263)

in PvP

evilapprentice.6379

Evil, I don’t know you, but I respect you. The way you think and then transfer that thinking to a forum post is top notch. You are one of the few who makes an effort not to allow personal bias are feeling to stain the point you’re trying to make. It is a talent I do not have. Best of luck.

Eh, I’m trying – you can certainly go back in my history and see where I’ve been a childish prick, but it hasn’t helped. Thank you.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Evil, I don’t know you, but I respect you. The way you think and then transfer that thinking to a forum post is top notch. You are one of the few who makes an effort not to allow personal bias are feeling to stain the point you’re trying to make. It is a talent I do not have. Best of luck.

It’s nice to see people can post without being disrespectful or insulting. It’s a welcome break from the attitude this topic generates for the most part.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

You should have to record fight with and against that build.

This because seeing a video of someone winning with a build doesn’t say anything about the OPness.

But something can be said about the effort needed to play a build vs the effort needed to fight it.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

At OP:

You are doing it wrong. You should ask people to put here the vídeos where a warrior beat them for being OP, then we can analise the vídeo and help them to improve.

I say this because even if you are a good player and you loose some fights, people will always going to say that you suck as a warrior and that wont count as a proof.

in PvP

a t s e.9614

Nope , let him post vids of the build I posted above . I’m using this build and havent lost any. 1v1 yet .

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Nope , let him post vids of the build I posted above . I’m using this build and havent lost any. 1v1 yet .

So.. what are you wanting.. 1v1? Or tPvP?

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I didn’t play my warrior for 3 months, i just played it in spvp now, guess what? I 3x in row had the highest rank points, and i won several 1 vs 2 it was hilarous, and i don’t master this class yet by a longshot, (enemy team had rank 40 and 61 players, so they can’t have been total noobs).

Counter as many times as you want warrior main owning players, but you are overpowered. Or maybe that’s the wrong thing to say, i think warrior are pretty ok atm. But Anet needs to seriously let go of their bounderies they set for other profession ‘sorry but ele is not about damage, they have more skills then other players so we give them less damage’, these awkward statements, must go away, and deleted forever, like you did with warrior (one class can’t be good in everything, after boost to condi counter, stun improvements, trait improvements, warrior so far is the only profession that’s good in everything, if builded for it). Time to let go of the bounderies on other professions now too Anet.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

At OP:

You are doing it wrong. You should ask people to put here the vídeos where a warrior beat them for being OP, then we can analise the vídeo and help them to improve.

I say this because even if you are a good player and you loose some fights, people will always going to say that you suck as a warrior and that wont count as a proof.

Edited OP to include this, thanks.

I didn’t play my warrior for 3 months, i just played it in spvp now, guess what? I 3x in row had the highest rank points, and i won several 1 vs 2 it was hilarous, and i don’t master this class yet by a longshot, (enemy team had rank 40 and 61 players, so they can’t have been total noobs).

Counter as many times as you want warrior main owning players, but you are overpowered. Or maybe that’s the wrong thing to say, i think warrior are pretty ok atm. But Anet needs to seriously let go of their bounderies they set for other profession ‘sorry but ele is not about damage, they have more skills then other players so we give them less damage’, these awkward statements, must go away, and deleted forever, like you did with warrior (one class can’t be good in everything, after boost to condi counter, stun improvements, trait improvements, warrior so far is the only profession that’s good in everything, if builded for it). Time to let go of the bounderies on other professions now too Anet.

What build did you use? What Traits and weapons? What Utilities? Who did you fight in 1v2s? Be more specific.

in PvP

a t s e.9614

1v1 of course , who cares about a warrior spammig skills in a laggy mess .

(edited by a t s e.9614)

in PvP

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

sword/sword + lb, condition build. very defensiv,e enough offensive, and crazy mobility (compared to most pvp builds), with sword 2 + signet of rage swiftness.

And this build ain’t even the strongest. hammer+lb even stronger.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in PvP

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

If you have an Nvidia card past the 600 series.. You now have access to Shadowplay in the new Nvidia Drivers, Basically your card has a built in recorder in it that’s not been used since now.

Shadowplay acts like Fraps, only its a 1000x better in that it doesn’t make you take a hit to your FPS (as someone who used fraps, ill be using shadowplay from now on)

It also gives you access to the Shadowplay feature, which is, while your playing the card is constantly saving upwards to 10 minutes in windows 7, and 20 in windows 8 of footage, if you get in an awesome fight, you can simply hit Alt-F10 and it’ll saved the last 10 minutes of whatever you was playing to video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in PvP

Rednik.3809

With zero mobility. If you manage to fail escape from hambow – you better go play some pve.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

Symbolic

in PvP

a t s e.9614

Zanryu , I’m still watiing the vid of my build against decent players.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Nerf HS…
Nerf anti-condition…
Nerf this weapon…
Nerf that weapon…
Nerf this skill…
Nerf that skill…

They just want Warriors free kill and unable to react their attacks, like was some months ago.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

If you have an Nvidia card past the 600 series.. You now have access to Shadowplay in the new Nvidia Drivers, Basically your card has a built in recorder in it that’s not been used since now.

Shadowplay acts like Fraps, only its a 1000x better in that it doesn’t make you take a hit to your FPS (as someone who used fraps, ill be using shadowplay from now on)

It also gives you access to the Shadowplay feature, which is, while your playing the card is constantly saving upwards to 10 minutes in windows 7, and 20 in windows 8 of footage, if you get in an awesome fight, you can simply hit Alt-F10 and it’ll saved the last 10 minutes of whatever you was playing to video.

That’s cool. Too bad I am still using a GTX 260. :P

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

With zero mobility. If you manage to fail escape from hambow – you better go play some pve.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pin_Down
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hammer_Shock
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Earthshaker

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I want increase the fact that this list not talk about life siphon/life steal, stolen skill, boon Regen, trait combos and combos.
Ex:
-> Water Field + Leap or/and Blast.
-> Dark Field + Projectile or/and Whirl.

And some classes don’t have access to many fields while some them have access to several.

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in PvP

Posted by: Oblivion.8307

Oblivion.8307

the reason I didn’t add regen is a) cause i’m lazy and b) you can get regeneration from outside sources.

You get the highest base heal/sec in the game with a ridiculous healing coefficient compared for doing.. Nothing? It also doesn’t take into account adrenal health either. I did do one for the engineers blast finisher. I guess I could add ranger leaping through healing spring twice per heal which would equate to what, 5280(.8)? This is just really to show how strong healing signet is, it’s permanent strongest healing/second in the game that can’t be interrupted and doesn’t have to be cast. Plus being poisoned doesn’t hurt it much in comparison to other heals (it maintains a strong hp/s). Then this is also assuming everybody’s spamming their heal on cd just to compare to the warrior’s heal.

Symbolic

(edited by Oblivion.8307)

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Zanryu , I’m still watiing the vid of my build against decent players.

I only managed to get a tPvP fight before going to town which is currently uploading to YouTube.

in PvP

Rednik.3809

25 charracters

in PvP

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

You know that if you’re in a position where you have to run from a Warrior, it’s somewhat likely he outplayed you. Pin Down, Earth Shaker, Staggering Blow, and Backbreaker can be dodged you silly goose. Basically if you dodge Pin Down you’re gonna be able to escape a Hambow build, simply because the Warrior has such a low amount of mobility outside of Earthshaker’s 600 range.

Thief has teleports, Mesmer has teleports and clones to distract, Rangers can retaliate with a knockdown of their own, Necromancers can knock down or immobilize as well, Guardians can cleanse the Immobilize, Engineers can pull, set up ‘nades, Immobilize, there’s quite a few options for escaping a Hambow Warrior. If the Warrior opts for mobility then it’s unlikely they’ll be able to keep you in place for prolonged periods of time anyway, given they’d sacrifice their bow or hammer, or another cc weapon in order to use GS, Sword, or possibly Warhorn. The point here is, that in order to have that mobility the Warrior will be sacrificing some form of cc or damage.

in PvP

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

That’s strange. Nobody mentioned the build I use, even if I thought that it would be the most common one. It’s really powerful, I can die only because of severe condition spamming, used at the right time in the right place.

Click

And YES, I use shouts, without stability. Even warriors with the build you described can’t win against me. Only a very good necromancer.

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

So this is my prove..
I know it’s solo Q
It’s the only video I had online..
It shows me playing warrior for like one of the first times ever in my whole guild wars 2 pvp history completely destroying a thief and an engineer even having my ultimate up after the 2 vs 1
I am annoyed because it was so easy and no matter how well I play my mesmer there would have been no way I could do this with it
I said the mesmer came in but i actually downed both before he even attacked one of them

Minute: 07:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHjBQkhgMlk

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

You know what I saw? Five members of a team playing the same class, but with builds that were different enough that they could still support each other as a team. Isn’t that how it should be? Shouldn’t every class be able to perform every role to at least some degree? Isn’t that a good model to base other class updates on? I wouldn’t call diversity broken. Sure, it makes it a bit difficult to be prepared for each build you could come across, but diversity is a good thing.

So this is my prove..
I know it’s solo Q
It’s the only video I had online..
It shows me playing warrior for like one of the first times ever in my whole guild wars 2 pvp history completely destroying a thief and an engineer even having my ultimate up after the 2 vs 1
I am annoyed because it was so easy and no matter how well I play my mesmer there would have been no way I could do this with it
I said the mesmer came in but i actually downed both before he even attacked one of them

Minute: 07:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHjBQkhgMlk

That 2v1 with the Engineer showed nothing. That short fight with a Thief didn’t show anything either. Neither did the fight that followed that, which ended up ending prematurely due to the Sky hammer being used. The 1v1 with the Thief at the Hammer was a matter of you outplaying the thief. They barely even attempted to dodge or lay down smoke fields, and if that’s because they were previously in a fight then you going in with nothing on cooldown and taking down someone who was on cooldown doesn’t show very much either.

No, wait. That Thief was absolutely horrible as seen in the second fight, they barely play to their class strengths. So far it seems to me as if the people you beat aren’t that great and are getting outplayed, regardless of class.

I’m sure people are going to latch onto this video and use it as irrefutable evidence that Warriors are overpowered monsters but I’m not entirely convinced.

in PvP

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

8:30
“Hur dur, poison counter warriors!”

in PvP

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

If all you’re going to do is ask people to post videos so you can debate what they did right or wrong you should probably change the title of the thread to “Warriors OP? Let’s Debate It.”

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

You know what I saw? Five members of a team playing the same class, but with builds that were different enough that they could still support each other as a team. Isn’t that how it should be? Shouldn’t every class be able to perform every role to at least some degree? Isn’t that a good model to base other class updates on? I wouldn’t call diversity broken. Sure, it makes it a bit difficult to be prepared for each build you could come across, but diversity is a good thing.

That’s a good spin but it would still be pretty dumb if in the final match of PAX, it was 5 warriors vs 5 warriors. You would not be able to bring in any new players at all, since it would be obvious that the PvP in the game is extremely broke.

All is vain.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

So far the few videos posted are underwhelming. lol

For future reference, we don’t care to see videos where you are outplaying someone who doesn’t have any of their utilities up. We want to see some videos where the person you are fighting played to the best of the classes ability and still got stomped. Also, the 5 warrior match doesn’t prove anything. The other team was obviously outplayed and THAT is working as intended imo.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

That’s a good spin but it would still be pretty dumb if in the final match of PAX, it was 5 warriors vs 5 warriors. You would not be able to bring in any new players at all, since it would be obvious that the PvP in the game is extremely broke.

Except, that is never going to happen, ever. Your point is invalid.