Warriors are beyond broken - ridiculously op

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

My point stands, hambow didn’t work in tournies until healing signet buffs were in. That’s pretty bold to insinuate that players weren’t trying to make it work before that.

I’m not saying warriors weren’t overtuned, but I will argue they’re closer to the cliff of being useful than people realize.

Apologies. My point was that no one tried it after the buff for a couple months. I know people were trying desperately to make warriors work before the buffs, but they’re come a long, long way.

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Maybe not OP, but grossly over-tuned, don’t get caught up on semantics.

in PvP

Posted by: Abazigal.3679

Abazigal.3679

Warrior isn’t really OP in my point of view, but when you face 2 of them + 2 spirit rangers each match, then you get bored, start playing bad and these build look OP. I just had these case 3 times consecutive, and i didn’t even try on the last game..

Obviously, you cannot do much with eles and necros sometimes, but there’s too few originality upon builds played. It’s like 80% warriors are running one build, 80% rangers are spirit, etc…. Today, i noticed all warriors i faced ran swords suddenly, while they had hammers yesterday..

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

My point stands, hambow didn’t work in tournies until healing signet buffs were in. That’s pretty bold to insinuate that players weren’t trying to make it work before that.

I’m not saying warriors weren’t overtuned, but I will argue they’re closer to the cliff of being useful than people realize.

Apologies. My point was that no one tried it after the buff for a couple months. I know people were trying desperately to make warriors work before the buffs, but they’re come a long, long way.

Actually there were quite a few people that played “Hambow” before the heal buff, and after. There were also builds like M/Sh GS, M/Sh H, Sw/Sh LB, and M/Sh Sw/M. You can check my posts from 3-4 months ago if you would like to see discussions on builds I was working on at the time. You can also check Defektives warrior meta thread from before the heal buffs, he was using Sw/Sh LB. I was personally testing burst mastery builds mostly, my favorite sets were M/Sh GS and M/Sh H. I knew that I had to land my attacks for my condition removal but preferred not to play LB generally.

Here is a warrior nerf I could agree on. Combustive shot must hit someone to proc Cleansing Ire, but I am not sure other warriors would agree. Really, that would just be to get the forums whiners to stop, not that it is really THAT strong that it deserves a nerf.

Also, what a lot of you people don’t take into account is that during this buffing process warrior also received a lot of nerfs, some major.. such as moving two important DPS traits to tier 3.

in PvP

Posted by: LuRkEr.9462

LuRkEr.9462

The way warrior has been for so long makes me rage :/

The problem with warriors is a bad player can be good playing a warrior, a good player will be insanely OP on a warrior.

The current warrior meta allows for insane healing, good dmg, and CC. Whats not to love about that? They get everything and Anets baby never gets nerfed. Anet knee jerk nerfs the other classes when they get to strong, but slowly cuddles the warrior down..

If you don’t have poison against these “regen” warriors then just go to another point, you won’t kill him unless your lucky or he was bad.

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

you obviously never played a half good engineer. Run in circles spamming the ground, swap to pistol if they get too far, spam every condition there is, drop bombs for AoE knockback and have a 50% up time swiftness and and massive regen with reflect and block and more skills than any other player…yet some how you think warrior is O.P.

You mean a tournament level engineer like Ostrich Eggs?

http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/c/3063182

You should see the tittle of that video…

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

you obviously never played a half good engineer. Run in circles spamming the ground, swap to pistol if they get too far, spam every condition there is, drop bombs for AoE knockback and have a 50% up time swiftness and and massive regen with reflect and block and more skills than any other player…yet some how you think warrior is O.P.

I <3 Protection Injection.

However, warriors require now much less attention to play well.

IMHO warriors might not be too strong, but just too easy. And a class that is too easy to play is far less vulnerable.

Maybe making Healing Signet harder, or improving BOTH risk and reward connected, you might fix this.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: silentnight warrior.2714

silentnight warrior.2714

IMHO warriors might not be too strong, but just too easy. And a class that is too easy to play is far less vulnerable.

Maybe making Healing Signet harder, or improving BOTH risk and reward connected, you might fix this.

I can agree if they lower the HS if the player dont have any point in healing (traits included) but with traits and healing investment it should be a real strong heal.

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I can agree if they lower the HS if the player dont have any point in healing (traits included) but with traits and healing investment it should be a real strong heal.

IMHO it shouldn’t reward healing power.

It should reward smart gameplay (not necessarily reflexes, but a good strategy). So it shouldn’t be a passive regen, but something different.

Like a toggled skill which heals for a lot every second (800 hps… even more) and increases all damage received by 50% (or a different %… the idea is it should increase the damage dealt to you dramatically).

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

warriors are not OP. you just dont know how to deal with them. these qq threads about warriors are getting old and boring.

next please…

Warrior is a little OP.

“Ridiculously OP” is an exaggeration, but warrior clearly has some problems at the moment. They mostly stem from the interaction of Healing Signet, Adrenal health, and cleansing ire.

Once that anomaly has been acknowledged and addressed, we can re-examine other warrior “issues” (which may or may not be issues, once we’ve adressed HS+AH+CI).

Cleansing ire is really the last good condition removal trait you can get while still being able to do damage. Take away cleansing ire and the warrior has nothing. Warhorn was nerfed. shout heal builds are a joke in pvp thats leaves warriors with one option cleansing ire.

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

According to Anet, Warrior is the standard of what all classes should be. I would expect for your builds to get more simplified and streamlined in the future.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Needed nerfs:
Nerf HS (make it scale better with HP: 300 HP/s with 0 Healing Power and 400 HP/s with 1000 Healing Power sounds nice to me).
Make Warriors lose their adrenaline if they don’t hit with burst skills.

And make building Momentun and Cleansing Ire triggers even if don’t hit burst skill.

Borderline nerfs:
Reduce zerker stance to 5 seconds duration from 8 seconds.
Increase Pin Down cast time to 0.75 or 0.5 seconds from 0.25 seconds.

—> a balanced warrior

And increase Dual Shot damage in 200% or 100%.
:)

in PvP

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

2 professions ANET love so much they do not want to balance/nerf them at all : Warrior and Thief

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in PvP

Posted by: Mist Pivot.8452

Mist Pivot.8452

2 professions ANET love so much they do not want to balance/nerf them at all : Warrior and Thief

Thief is the most nerfed class in the game lol…

But yeah…that healing signet.

Engineering, brutality, and thievery.
Blackgate since day one.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Thief is the most nerfed class in the game lol…

But yeah…that healing signet.

Yes!

A class that hit several foes from stealth, and refill full hp with that skill can’t talk about healing signet.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Warriors don’t need healing signed to be effective. I’ve fought some awesome warriors who weren’t using it, and were doing fine. But nerfing its flat hp/sec isn’t a good way either. Make it connected with adrenaline, or anything, only not flat healing per second. Flat heal will be always either OP or UP, not to mention it is boring and hard to counter.

Cleansing ire has to be removed. Berserker stance is fine, just slighty reduce its duration.

Just get out of here seriously.Before cleansing ire you needed a warhorn traited in EVERY BUILD wich means only TWO BUILDS were viable for any warrior and both with either crappy dps and horrible sustain.Every noob pistol thief could kill wars and they were helpless against it, might aswell just alt f4 or /sit cuz there was no point in even trying to survive.
The condi meta is the worst thing that happened to gw2 since launch and there is only one counter to that atm even so not enough for the rate at wich 20k condi bursts can be spammed(ask any decent necro not baddie rerollers).

Let me guess you play a condi spam class and you just hate to see ppl not instantly dying without the slightest chance to remove your condition.
Cleansing ire is the only trait that puts the warriors in line with every class and everyone is only crying because of unsuspecting foe and they don’t even know it always wanying everything else nerfed from weapon sets to kitten looks.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

I’ve said it time and time again, the only problem with hammer warriors is that Unsuspecting Foe dramatically increases damage for ten throwaway trait points.

Reduce Unsuspecting Foe’s crit chance bonus, and that build falls in line with other highly defensive builds.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I’ve said it time and time again, the only problem with hammer warriors is that Unsuspecting Foe dramatically increases damage for ten throwaway trait points.

Reduce Unsuspecting Foe’s crit chance bonus, and that build falls in line with other highly defensive builds.

Reduce this trait and sword+axe/shield power build are destroyed.

in PvP

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Blind + Snare + Evasion = GG

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

Unsuspecting foe only works when a foe is disabled. It’s not like it gives warriors a permanent 50% crit chance. Use a stun break or dodge or blind or go into stealth.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

Finally a guy that sees the big picture.

Why would others say axe/shield build would be destroyed? Really ? That build? You can always spec for precision as should be if you wanna crit that nasty eviscerate.Sitting on toughness like a boss and still landing all these perfect earthshatters, evis or hundreed blades is the only cause of all the qq threads.
They should try and do some real dps on a squishy build and be rewarded for skill instead of easymode facetanking to the next cd opportunity.
Try healing signet while using zerker armor or use a tanky build without UF trait and see for yourselves how gamechanging it is.A 10 point adept trait to combine full dps with the ultimate armor into one .

(edited by mini.6018)