We need more things to jump on

in PvP

Posted by: Betrayedchalice.5198

Betrayedchalice.5198

So yeah. During wintersday, i did PvP a lot. i REALLY enjoyed myself. Got me into serious PvP (well i have a more serious mindset because i understand it)

So what i want to ask is this.

Waiting on a match sometimes takes a while. I dont like Alt Tabbing because i dont want to miss a match.

How do we fix this? add more things to jump on! back in wintersday, all the presents were a blast to jump about. I think a small jumping puzzle, or even a small sky path with holes to jump over.. THAT WOLD BE AWESOME

Never Enough [TYME] – Ehmry Bay
Elementalist – Philip Podscale, Mesmer – Jessica Starkwind, Call me Shawn

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

Next

I’d definitely like to see more things to do in the lobby, and I love jumping puzzles.

What other sorts of things would you guys like to see?

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

Missing the entire point of the thread here…

but balance, bug fixes, stop screwing pvpers with non retroactive rewards and maybe your population will go up enough so q times aren’t 20 minutes.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

in PvP

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

No perplexity runes in sPvP would be a start.

in PvP

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

A Whack-a-Mole game, but instead called ‘Whack-an-OP’ class.

Instead of moles, they’d all be warriors.

Instead of a hammer, you get a razor.

But the razor doesn’t actually work – it just breaks in your hand instead. The more you try to whack it, the more you bleed until you die, or quit playing.

…actually, that doesn’t sound like a fun game at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

Random power ups, perhaps like those from the bazaar of the four winds release, I enjoyed that.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

We need a bouncy blow up castle in the big open area in front of the portal in that makes you jump really high inside of it. I’d sit in HotM just for that…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I’d definitely like to see more things to do in the lobby, and I love jumping puzzles.

A flexible, intuitive, non intrusive, fast Dueling system (OUTSIDE arenas and even the lobby).

Thank you for reading.

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

As for something fun to do in PvP waiting for Queue, some massively difficult jumping puzzle that encompasses the whole lobby and goes way up in the sky, where there is a ‘bouncy room’; sorta like the floor and walls are entirely made of the mushrooms in Super Adventure Box.

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

Jumping Puzzles, Dueling, Moa Races(gambling in general), Zephyr Style Races.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynic.4805

Cynic.4805

dueling system for sure

in PvP

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

So yeah. During wintersday, i did PvP a lot. i REALLY enjoyed myself. Got me into serious PvP (well i have a more serious mindset because i understand it)

So what i want to ask is this.

Waiting on a match sometimes takes a while. I dont like Alt Tabbing because i dont want to miss a match.

How do we fix this? add more things to jump on! back in wintersday, all the presents were a blast to jump about. I think a small jumping puzzle, or even a small sky path with holes to jump over.. THAT WOLD BE AWESOME

Why don’t you fill the time waiting with doing all the jumping puzzles?
I like to farm ressources, play the TP a little and do some jumping puzzles.
All nets you a bit of coin and shortens the time between matches rather well.
You don’t have to wait in the lobby…

in PvP

Posted by: Cush.4063

Cush.4063

All I’ve got to say is, right click someone’s name, click “request a duel”, and then wait for them to accept.

This would solve all boredom permanently.

in PvP

Posted by: Justin ODell.9517

Previous

Justin ODell.9517

PvP Server Programmer

snip.

I hear you. I think the things we’re doing to broaden the base will help with queue times. Won’t get into the specifics of balance though, not here anyways.

You had me until you said razors.

A flexible, intuitive, non intrusive, fast Dueling system (OUTSIDE arenas and even the lobby).

Definitely! I’d also like to see just some huge pit where it’s FFA.

I keep pushing for some gambling. I’d be up a lot of gold if we were betting during those bonus weekend matches. Never bet against the mesmer.

Server Programmer (sPvP)
Isle of Janthir: Flux, Latch, Aegir

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

If you put jump puzzles in sPvP I would quit the game. I hate jump puzzles. Like seriously, I really really hate them.

in PvP

Posted by: leungctm.1362

leungctm.1362

yes ! we hear u community ! but we dont give a kitten ! hurry up and buy things from gem store. ! we love money !!! we dont care about the game ! just buy gems ok ? !

Regards

Anet

Top 50 NA Tpvp Guardian (Rizzylard)
Best Mercenary Guardian you can find to fill your last slot.
Keep Calm and PVP Hard.

in PvP

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If you put jump puzzles in sPvP I would quit the game. I hate jump puzzles. Like seriously, I really really hate them.

If you hate them don’t do them, it’d be in the Lobby, not an actual map (granted every map has some hardcore parkour sections).

@ OP I’d love a FFA death pit, or even a jumping puzzle, even if it’s just like the one that was in the underwater dummies area in beta.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

snip.

I hear you. I think the things we’re doing to broaden the base will help with queue times. Won’t get into the specifics of balance though, not here anyways.

I keep pushing for some gambling. I’d be up a lot of gold if we were betting during those bonus weekend matches. Never bet against the mesmer.

FFA pit sounds like fun. It would be a bit like buying a new Agar when there’s a hole in your roof though (balance/gamemodes blah blah :p)

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

To improve Heart of the Mists:

Make it Zone-wide (EU-Wide, NA-Wide), not by Servers.

Add 2 FFA Pits where players can fight anyone there.

Add a queue-ready notification sound.

Improve the golems to GW1’s Master of Damage level: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Master_of_Damage

in PvP

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

maybe you should try to actually read what the OP is talking about before you start babbling nonsense.

i dont see how a completely optional JP to pass the time in the lobby could affect you in any way possible.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

OMG. I cant believe i never thought of a PvP jumping puzzle. This sounds like a great idea:

a)brings more poeple into mists
b) something to do during que , team-forming

If you make, please let it be over the rocks in the middle, so that you will see poeple failing and falling to their pancake death of shame.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Again, briliant idea. think how many poeple do some wvw just cz of the jumping puzzle.
And every minute a PvEer spends somewhere else, not farming cofp1, is good for economy of gold…. which is soon global currency… its a win-win situation

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

Why stop with just visual flair while we wait for the match? Imagine having graves that can be used to break LoS on Graveyard. Or how about actually being able to fight inside Windmill and Mansion and have them be destructible like Clock Tower. Right now most maps feel very samey outside of the map-specific mechanic. While the home points have to be functionally identical that doesn’t mean they all have to be tiny circles with nothing else to them.

Having more variety in capture point design would give each maps more character. Just…please not skyhammer levels of crazy. Having a hill you can be knocked off of and forces you to run back up can be cool…being instakilled by a long fall less so.

EDIT: It might actually be cool to see some sort of jumping puzzle in some of the maps. Alternate paths that get you there quicker but if you mess it up you’re going to show up late to the party.

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

(edited by BurrTheKing.8571)

in PvP

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

but balance, bug fixes, stop screwing pvpers with non retroactive rewards and maybe your population will go up enough so q times aren’t 20 minutes.

but making jumping things is ezier than doing balance/bug/fixes.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

in PvP

Posted by: monochrome.9841

monochrome.9841

Keg Brawl in the Mists plz

“Professionals… are predictable; the world is full
of dangerous amateurs.” Murphy’s Law
Mr Mooo → Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

The automatic trumpets in Divinitys Reach spawned for 2 minutes in HotM after flipping the switch at the end of the JP

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in PvP

Posted by: pza.8024

pza.8024

What about Polymock?
Automated Player Minipet fights you could bet on?
chesslike games like the one in front of rata sum?
Snowball fight?
A Rollercoaster?

oh and spectating other people’s matches while waiting is always fun. (i do not play pvp so i can only guess that you’ll get a notice once it’s your turn in the queue)

(edited by pza.8024)

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Dueling (right click name to request duel)
+
Jump puzzle that leads up into the sky into a floating free-for-all Island/pit/colloseum.

Slightly related: public test realm.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiborb.1453

Tiborb.1453

No one force you to do them.

[LOCK] The Closed Society – Seafarer’s Rest

in PvP

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

My queue times for tPvP have never gone over 5 minutes since the last PvP update, and I don’t play anywhere close to prime time.

in PvP

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

snip.

GAMBLINS! betting on self or team, or even just being able to have a winner take all pot, would add a little more excitement to the fights.

Duels would be pretty good

in PvP

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

New Zones/Maps! Explorable such with hearts, vistas, events, poi’s, maybe adungeon, wildlife, pets for rangers…….

I really keep my fingers x-ed for the new LS when it comes ti this.

Kima & Co

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

yes, please! a huge pit!

once people run inside the pit, they get assigned to a new team, so everyone inside the pit is in a different team, hence, free for all!

also put a waypoint nearby so people can respawn and go back in for some ffa madness.

in PvP

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

Dmg tester///// hit hard as u can in 20 seconds
Endure tester//// Hold as long u can against dmg u take
Doge tester /// doge as much things as u can

Everything what makes a player warm up for a match would be nice

tactic teacher a npc who teach basic tactics by showing it by using minis Quagans?

Gamble sure moa race is nice while u can get the result of the race even while already in the arena.

1v1 duels

a Fitness center just for fun some weights to lift. It could be a mini game where u actually can lift more so higher ur rating is.

Music instruments for try out
a full pvp band with drums maybe
a NPC who reminds strongly on the coach of Rocky 1 who tell us we are not good enough

even some LS in PVP why not make a 3 months rocky story in gw2 where we every week see some updated dialouges.

yes i like that movie

a Photographer who make photos of ur pvp team after u pay him some silver

some fans who cheer Doctors who take care of wounded

a Ring for hand to hand combat

in PvP

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

A 1v1 gladiator pit with the asuran announcer just like in the story mode quest where you have to poison a gladiator. (but instead ending up drinking that poison yourself because the effect is awesome ^^)

another idea: Doppelganger

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

(edited by Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046)

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Random power ups, perhaps like those from the bazaar of the four winds release, I enjoyed that.

That sound like an amazing idea!

Also, the underwater part with the practice golems can lead to a seperate area of the map with all these jumping things. No one uses that anyway.

You can already grt on op of the building near the assesory merchant. It would be cool if fron there you could jump on clouds or something.

Also, I loved jumping in the trees with dragon bash :O.

I try to jimp from locker to locker with swiftness… Its really difficult. Im a bit sad that the locker is going away now :/

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in PvP

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

edit: the free for all pit should have downed state, but with a twist :D

There are several random skills that randomly are assigned to your 4 slots when you get downed.

1. Stomp – Warrior skill. Finish yourself with your own finisher, you are determined during the stomp.
  2. get rekt – take 123456789 damage
  3. fly away! – get launched 1000 units in the air
  4. Run away! – get revived with 1% hp, and the vengeqnce, and determined buff for 5 seconds. All skills are replaced with “Run away!” (Move 1% faster for 1 second.)
  5. Fight to survive! – throw a rock that heals your target, using your own health pool. (Instantly kills you, heals 1)
  6. Rage quit – turns your character red and get 60 seconds of burning. Also increase in size
  7. Supply drop – Engineer elite skill. Drop a crate on yourself, killing you, and dropping a few bandages only you can use.
  8. Bandage – call your allies for help. Oh wait, you’re on your own! Heal yourself for -20% hp per second.
  9. Cry – stand up and cry. Gain determined and 5 stacks of bodily fluid. Every second you lose 1, and when you hit 0, your character dehydrates, dies, and then turns to stone.
  10. Last breath – take a big last inhale, which inflates your character like a balloon, untill you pop, and a cartoon costume brawl “POW!” appears. (Maybe just grow your chatacter in size instead of an inflating animation)
  11. Press the red button – makes an explosion like the engineet #3 downed, but makes you dissapear in the explosion.
  12. Blink – Mesmer skill. Makes your character’s eyes blink, killing them due to intense physical excersise 5 seconds later.
  13. Vengeance! – get revived for 5 seconds with the vengeance buff, but all your skilld are teplaced with “You are back for vengeance!” Which makes you punch your target, doing 1 damage.
  14. Magic Trick – you dissapear, and doves fly away from your position (like giving up in costume brawl)
  15. Denied! – Heal yourself, but interrupt it with a launch, proccing Halting Strike, which kills you.
  16. Shadow heal – heal yourself for every shadow partner you have. Cause a black explosion that kills you if you have none.
  17. lick wounds – Ranger downed skill. Summon birds to revive you. (Like the ranger warhorn skill that makes birds eat you, and instantly kills you)
  18. Deception – Mesmer downed skill. Pretend to be dead by killing yourself. Also stealths you for 2 seconds and makes a clone of you appear that dies aftet 2 seconds.
  19. Summon thief guild – summons two thieves that attack you
  20. Give up – replace all your skills with “Do nothing”. Gain 25 bleeds, torments, poisons, and burns for 10 seconds.
  21. Do nothing – starts on a 60 second cooldown

You can only use one skill at a time, so the others go on cooldown when you use one.

Also, you bleed out alot faster. If you were to just afk, youd bleed out in 10 seconds or so.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

(edited by Alissah.9281)

in PvP

Posted by: draven.4796

draven.4796

I like the pit as well.

How about a winner stays on dome, with betting and meaningless money prize for the combatant. 1c for first win, 2c for 2nd, 4c for 3rd, 8c for 4th win etc

:)

Just trying to think of nightmare development

-Log fighting over acid
-barefist boxing (put both ppl in juggernaught)
-Uberdoctor (2 ppl try to heal npcs the quickest)

1st rule of neutral club is to listen to the other
rules and then take an overview.
[EU}Gandara

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

Can u plz plz plz put back that secret cave that used to be in Hotm? it was so cool and then it went away

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

You can play hide & seek in HotM. Several good places to hide. Otherwise you can explore.

I challenge you to find this place (and getting there)!
http://imgur.com/gIVZdem

in PvP

Posted by: CMstorm.8679

CMstorm.8679

You can play hide & seek in HotM. Several good places to hide. Otherwise you can explore.

Easy peezy lemon squeezey. :P I would if I could, but can’t unfortunately. If some people don’t know where or how to get to that spot, then they haven’t spent enough time in Hotm lol. All u do is go to the catapult firing range, jump up on the rock ledge and go to the back of it and climb up, leap forward across that little gap and you’re up there pretty much.

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

- Free for All pit

- Dueling (requested, not forced)

- Target Practice Challenges (requires you to hit targets with melee and ranged attacks without targeting it)

- Spectator Gambling (Which team gets first blood, first team over 100 points, first player to die, bets, etc.

- Jumping Puzzles (perhaps, similar to WvW, rewards spvp stuff)

- Hunger Games mini-game (it’s already coded! cmon!)

- Free costume brawl options located in certain areas.

- Master of ??? (the NPCs from GW1 Battle Isles)

And above all else…..a SOUND NOTIFICATION when a queue pops, that can also be heard while alt-tabbed.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

i would like some sort of challenges like in the Madden NFL games where you have a training camp option.

they would be individual challenges but maybe have a leaderboard for fastest times, high scores, etc.

They aren’t exactly PvP, but they are something to do while in queue, and some of them would teach very valuable skills for PvP such as dodging effectively, kiting, and support.

some ideas would be:

escalating boss fights – fight NPCs and when they are dead a new one instantly spawns but your health and CDs do not reset. each boss is tougher than the last. 10 or 20 total bosses. there is a time limit. it is extremely difficult to kill all of them. if you do kill all of them, the total time it took is your score. leaderboard for fastest times.

support challenge – 4 NPC allies defend a circle against waves of mobs. you have to heal and support them as long as you can. your score is how long until all of them are dead. mobs do not attack you they go for the NPCs. the NPCs go into downed state and can be rezzed but they have very low health when they enter downed state, and some mobs possibly are using poison AoEs.

kiting challenge – you are placed in a small round area with no escape. invulnerable mobs with decent DPS and some condis keep spawning. you have to stay alive as long as you can. your high score is how long you stayed alive.

dodge challenge – you start with 1 mob firing at you with ranged weapon. you have infinite endurance, but if you dodge and an attack is not dodged, you lose all endurance and it has to refill. energy sigils/vigor do not work and you have no weapon skills or utilities, only dodges. as it progresses, more mobs start firing, including some AoEs, and their shot animations become either shorter or less obvious. Once you take damage 3 times you’re done. Your high score is the total # of attacks dodged.

in PvP

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Jumping? Meh.

Bring something like the RC Golem tables from Metrica, turn-based to pass the time waiting relaxedly.

You could also give costume brawl tonics or belcher’s bluff kits as rewards sometimes.

And even put the polymock colliseum in the mists. You could make it like someone attacks Metrica but the players defend it much better than LA, so they only manage to blow up the Polymok coliseum, and they end up rebuilding it in the mists, so it’s accessible at any time from anywhere in PvP and WvW, not just from Metrica.

Maybe there could be training challenges too.
The current PvP tutorial is too simple. “This is how you you revive”, “this is how you finish”, “this is how you capture”.

Like a mix of GW1’s Masters in the Isle of the Nameless and GW2’s Queen’s Gauntlet, you could go to a part of the Heart to talk to several NPCs and enter their arenas.

They’ll be NPCs with slightly more powerful versions of skills used by players. Like having shorter recharges or longer effects.
Having trouble beating that bunker that keeps healing themselves? Fight the Master of Healing, and once you beat it you’ll know you build can outdamage their heal.
Annoying by people spamming CCs all the time? Fight the Master of Crowd Control, once you manage to avoid their CC spam and capture the point they are on, you’ll have an easier time against spammity-spam CCers in arenas.
Thieves kill you in two hits? Talk with the master of criticals to learn how to defend yourself from massive damage bursts.
Can’t handle conditions? Talk with the Master of Conditions to see there’s nothing you can do with your profession or any profession to survive their massive condition spam!

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Dueling would be nice add.

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Easy peezy lemon squeezey. :P I would if I could, but can’t unfortunately. If some people don’t know where or how to get to that spot, then they haven’t spent enough time in Hotm lol. All u do is go to the catapult firing range, jump up on the rock ledge and go to the back of it and climb up, leap forward across that little gap and you’re up there pretty much.

I challenge you both to get to this place : http://imgur.com/JxoImuL

Tip : you need a very bad internet connection.

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

I challenge you both to get to this place : http://imgur.com/JxoImuL

Tip : you need a very bad internet connection.

Is this real? If so, I envy you!

in PvP

Posted by: Uhtameit.2413

Uhtameit.2413

Yeah it definitely is real, since then I’ve changed my internet provider so I’m unable to go there again. I have a few more screens :

http://imgur.com/a/IZqRl#10

You will notice a lot of funny graphic issues, like the linear border with water (since no one was supposed to go there, I’m guessing they didn’t bother with it). There is also a weird symbol on the rocks at some point, I have no clue what it is.

(edited by Uhtameit.2413)

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Would like to see the activity NPC in the pvp lobby.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

-Dueling.

-Better placement of waypoints to allow for easier acess to the various training Golems and monsters.

-A way to create and fight a NPC of yourself as well specific builds you choose.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King