What do you hope for with the Dec. 14 patch?

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Be realistic and try your very best not to troll.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Some small nerfs and buffs to all classes. Note the word small.

I would mostly like to see a small nerf to DD ele tanks and to thief stealth.

Some buffs to Rangers seem to be forthcoming.

Looking forward to them adding spectator mode etc.

Warrior , Guardian, Mesmer, Necro all seem to need only the most minor changes.

Real bug fixes and not stealth nerfs.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

(edited by Relentliss.2170)

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Did they ever fix the rendering glitch yet?

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

Nothing to be honest.

I just expect to get my guild back in shape as we have new members and from developers i expect that they will do some small ballance changes but nothing to sPvP.

I have my hopes for January / February patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

It’s only the balance updates.. so I guess there will be nothing.
Besides 2 new maps in February there is nothing interesting coming up, but not sure if they’ll be used in tPvp anyway, but that format might even be dead before that time.

in PvP

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I hope they remover cloaking or 50% of thief dps or 30% of thief’s speed.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in PvP

TheGuy.3568

Did they ever fix the rendering glitch yet?

From what I heard there are still issues.

I did ask you be realistic.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in PvP

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

Well, maybe any small chance to bring up some Ranger balnce and hopefully get more rangers to sPvP teams?

but i dont think thats going to happend either.. because it would need to give some team utility or clear role = full change of some skills or some skills replacement that will probably not happend.

in PvP

Posted by: Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Kultas Sunstrider.9218

Nothing but some small changes and bug fixes… unfortunately this game in PvP is dying… (farming free and paid tourneys all day long, yay that’s so funny…)

Kultas / Thief / Desolation [EU]
“Don’t criticize what you can’t understand”

in PvP

Posted by: MaXi.3642

MaXi.3642

i would like to see changes on many things… the ones that are generally bad, the ones that are generally over the top, not just classes overall, but bad traits, bad weapons, op skills etc… to make everything usefull and more balanced, more build diversity to everyone

(edited by MaXi.3642)

in PvP

Posted by: Orangu.6257

Orangu.6257

Tournament Reward bug fix for cross region transfer players.

in PvP

Posted by: Ihales.3820

Ihales.3820

I hope there will be less new bugs than fixes. I would like to see some balance changes to make more builds viable but i guess it will be the opposite.
I know I am pessimist but after last patch I would prefer to have low expectations.

in PvP

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Be realistic and try your very best not to troll.

Sheesh.

I hope they’ll release at least some of the content they’ve said they had in the works.

in PvP

Posted by: Adwila.1392

Adwila.1392

The only thing to be expected is a huge lagfest lasting from 14th to the 20th because of Wintersday PvE crap.

Oh, and of course loading screen bug once again.

Guardianella – Guardian – Team Hyperactive [HYPE]

in PvP

TheGuy.3568

Some small nerfs and buffs to all classes. Note the word small.

I would mostly like to see a small nerf to DD ele tanks and to thief stealth.

Some buffs to Rangers seem to be forthcoming.

Looking forward to them adding spectator mode etc.

Warrior , Guardian, Mesmer, Necro all seem to need only the most minor changes.

Real bug fixes and not stealth nerfs.

I ma partial to D/D ele and I don’t see much to nerf there. Considering a lot of our healing was nerfed the last big pacth I dont think there is anything they can really touch that they haven’t already

To break it down

1. Boon duration nerf
2. Aura duration nerf
3. Healing nerf
4. EA nerf

Have actually all already happened so whats left? FOTM is ele right now due to the last batch of nerfs. They may nerf it again in spvp but honestly I really don’t see where.

Stealth nerf is unnecessary but I would like to culling fully fixed.

I have a small urge to see shatters brought in line but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

I do hope that they buff engi (bugs, kits scaling with weapons and sigils), ranger (pet ai general survivability), and some (relatively minor) aspects of warrior.

I don’t think there will be much of nerf bat considering the last pvp patch.

The only thing to be expected is a huge lagfest lasting from 14th to the 20th because of Wintersday PvE crap.

Oh, and of course loading screen bug once again.

Its a given isn’t it?

Edit:

Not about spvp but conditions stacking.

Kor The Cold Heart War

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

in PvP

Posted by: RaZaC.1963

RaZaC.1963

Either Custom games or the Ranking system. If none of these will be released, me and my guild members will be dissapointed.

in PvP

Posted by: Kylex.5962

Kylex.5962

Rez signet nerf
Healing nerf IF they nerf damage from mesmers-thiefs (nerf both at same time or leave both)

Wannabe Thief – Chieftain Ninjas

in PvP

Posted by: Thirsty.2875

Thirsty.2875

Either Custom games or the Ranking system. If none of these will be released, me and my guild members will be dissapointed.

Prepare to be disappointed they already said for sPvP this was going to just be a balance patch.

They did say it will be a big balance patch though (I think) so I am hoping for a lot more viable builds. I would love to see more diversity in bunker options and full support builds getting some love to open up more viable team compositions.

I would love to see shout healing warrior become a viable support.

Spill The Blood <- Join The sPvP Guild

in PvP

TheGuy.3568

Rez signet nerf
Healing nerf IF they nerf damage from mesmers-thiefs (nerf both at same time or leave both)

Which signet is that because I keep hearing about it being able to rez

if you mean this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Restoration then I kind of lol since I have dueled other ele using other heals and its all the same really.

As far as healing nerf goes like I said previously I don’t see them touching it again https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-November-15-2012/first#post808152

I dont see them touching thief dps either and the seemed just fine with what thy did in the Nov. 15 patch.

Mesmer maybe but doubt it. Since they touched confusion really they already did what you asked lol.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in PvP

Posted by: kagemitsu.3657

kagemitsu.3657

Realistic: I’m expecting a bunch of small, irrelevant nerfs/buffs. Like Thief stealth duration reduced by 0.0001 secs, some cooldowns switched from 30s to 31s and stuff like that.

But of course I’m always hoping they manage to positively surprise me.

(class stronger than mine) is OP. (my class) is underpowered. (classes I beat easily) are fine.

in PvP

Posted by: Lukin.4061

Lukin.4061

What will be, but I do not hope for is: lag in pvp because of another crappy pve event, loading bug back.

What probably wont be implemented, but I would hope/think that it should: FIX (not nerf, not buff, just fix) the hundred bugs for necromancer and other classes, that have 100+ of them.

To be completely unrealistic and just from pure fantasy: an addition of something else to pvp (either duels, or new modes, or something).

You don’t play a lot of tpvp, now do you…

in PvP

Posted by: Thirsty.2875

Thirsty.2875

Rez signet nerf

if you mean this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Restoration then I kind of lol since I have dueled other ele using other heals and its all the same really.

I think he is talking about the necro rez signet

Spill The Blood <- Join The sPvP Guild

(edited by Thirsty.2875)

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

fast hands fix.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Bug Fixes Bug Fixes Bug Fixes.

We all talk about the need for balance (and it’s there), but there’s a good number of both general bugs and class specific bugs. We’re nearing 4 months since release, the amount and severity of the bugs we’re dealing with is unacceptable.

It’s also affecting the meta. Who knows what new tactics/specs/weapon sets might be viable if only we could rely on ranged attacks to hit over open ground, and for traits and skills to work the way they’re written, 99.9% of the time? That’s not a sure thing, but I Imagine things working the way they’re supposed to will at least open up some new options across all the classes.

Once bugs are fixed, we can focus on the meta and balance issues.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in PvP

TheGuy.3568

Rez signet nerf

I think he is talking about the necro rez signet

kk got it but I have never seen it used.

Kor The Cold Heart War

in PvP

Posted by: Jarlaxe.4607

Jarlaxe.4607

I hope they import gw1 into gw2 graphics, balance all the skills and go from there. Im being as realistic as i can – that would be great christmas present.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Thief
- Backstab: dmg reduced by 20%
- Death Blossom: Doesn’t evade, but reduces DMG by 50%
- Signet of Shadows: Passive speed-buff reduced to 15% from 25%

Ele
- Ether Renewal: Channeling-Duration up to 4 seconds (in between what it was before the most recent buff and the old channeling-time). Or make that it has 1 or 2 less pulses in the 3 1/2 seconds channeling time.

Guardian
- Right-Hand-Strength: Reduces Crit-Chance down to 10% from 15% from 1-Hand Weapons
- Base-Armor should be decreased by about 50-100.

Ranger
- Increase projectile-Speed of Arrows by 20%

Mesmer
- Blurred Frenzy no longer Evades attacks, but gives a 50% reduction in received DMG

Necro
- Epidemic: Double recast from 15 to 30 Seconds
- Death Shroud: Increase cooldown to 15 seconds

Warrior
- Increase projectile-Speed of Arrows by 20%

Engi
Make Sigils work properly

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

1) Bug fixes
2) A look at AoE and res-signets
3) Erhh … whatever is left once 1) is done. Ranger/Warrior-buffs possibly?
4) A christmas-card …. with a small apology for the most annoying bug ever: The loading-screen-bug :‘(
5) A virtual dance with our devs (nono .. I didn’t say lap-dance).

in PvP

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Nerf Thief Backstab by 20%, Nerf Warrior Hundred Blades by 20%.

in PvP

Posted by: tOss.9024

tOss.9024

I’m honestly just hoping for bug fixes.

in PvP

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

I have heard they will include weapons stats to kits.
I HOPE THAT’S IT!

in PvP

Posted by: guza.6170

guza.6170

Yea biggest wish is they fix alot of bugs and exploits for spvp.

aka Subl

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

15 new skills per class.

That’s the only reasonable thing that’ll draw me back to this game at this point.

tPvP is to simplistic.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Demon.7832

Demon.7832

Jon peters already announced 2 buffs for rangers

Signet of the Hunt speed boost increased from 10% to 25%
arrow velocity increase

other than those two I wouldnt mind a few more ranger buffs, ele downed state nerf, some sort of nerf to stealth, and general bug fixes

in PvP

Oxstar.7643

Velocity? I hope that doesn’t mean range because they certainly don’t need it. You mean speed? Maybe. That just means it will be easier for me to reflect a full Rapid Fire back in their faces.

Geee, another class with a free swiftness buff? I don’t see how we need it.

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

Velocity? I hope that doesn’t mean range because they certainly don’t need it. You mean speed? Maybe. That just means it will be easier for me to reflect a full Rapid Fire back in their faces.

Geee, another class with a free swiftness buff? I don’t see how we need it.

Ironically rapid fire is the only attack on ranger that uses a respectable projectile speed.
It’s near everything else on shortbow/longbow that is… lacking…

But yeah, there is too much projectile hate for how mediocre they are. I’d understand if projectiles were something strong enough to merit specific hard counters for… or if setting up and then shooting projectiles threw combo fields was really strong to compensate, not this bad chance at a bad proc on mediocre attacks. A 20% chance of combo’ing on spammable, with only 100% on some long CD single hit projectiles that serve an important situational purpose already, with the gain from setting up a combo field for the sake of firing that ‘could be used better’ long~ CD projectile threw the ‘could be positioned better’ field only being a 1s burn… it is just all around as close to useless as a perk can be…
Leaps and blasts are where its at but all the hate is for projectiles…

The permanent swiftness buff is nifty, ranger’s either need to be better at working with other players (right now they are terrible at it in TPvP) or notably better at moving around the battlefield, this is like a half a**ed attempt at making them better roamers (lets face it… the signets active buff is garbage, like an assassin’s signet that requires a tier 3 trait to work on a class without any high dmg single hit attacks to make use of it)

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Gintoki.6405

Gintoki.6405

makes me laugh when i still see things like “nerf backstab” have you ever played a non glass cannon thief and backstabbed someone.. it does about 1700 lol, or 2.5k or so if ur lucky to crit, its only because some people go proper stupid with 100% glass cannon instagib builds that unbalance the skills for everyone else who is playing other builds those skills become uselessly bad, problem is rarely the individual skill but how traits or builds affect them. i feel that some of the previous changes to thiefs reflect that, like the mad 50% dmg reduction on throwing dagger thingy without any initiative change.

i actually play a condition dmg thief (well actually carrion set sorta mixed dmg)
theres some small changes id like to see such as the pistol auto atk being made abit faster, or the shortbow auto with a small bleed but maybe reduced physical dmg slightly. just nothing gamebreaking so i have to roll a new class in pvp lik what happened too ele last time.

but anyways just my two cents.

Aurora glade [FURY] clan. Zetsu (zetsudai, zetsu mei, Zetsu Rounin)

in PvP

Posted by: Burrfish.6408

Burrfish.6408

Minor buffs/nerfs to all classes. (Engis and Rangers gonna be pleased)

But the big thing I’m hoping for across the board is increased build variety. Right now most classes have 2-3 build variants that are viable; I’d like to see this amount increased.

in PvP

Posted by: MrQuizzles.6823

MrQuizzles.6823

We’ve basically been told that eles will get a reduced fall damage trait and that the Frozen Mist and Cleansing Wave traits will be combined to make room for it. Perhaps some other ele traits will be revamped, such as Windborn Dagger, which would do essentially nothing even if it wasn’t bugged.

A lot of people seem to be wishing for bunker ele nerfs, but nobody’s mentioning buffs for the other sorts of eles. Wouldn’t you like to see ele builds other than just D/D bunkers? I think we all would.

in PvP

Oxstar.7643

makes me laugh when i still see things like “nerf backstab” have you ever played a non glass cannon thief and backstabbed someone.. it does about 1700 lol, or 2.5k or so if ur lucky to crit, its only because some people go proper stupid with 100% glass cannon instagib builds that unbalance the skills for everyone else who is playing other builds those skills become uselessly bad, problem is rarely the individual skill but how traits or builds affect them. i feel that some of the previous changes to thiefs reflect that, like the mad 50% dmg reduction on throwing dagger thingy without any initiative change.

i actually play a condition dmg thief (well actually carrion set sorta mixed dmg)
theres some small changes id like to see such as the pistol auto atk being made abit faster, or the shortbow auto with a small bleed but maybe reduced physical dmg slightly. just nothing gamebreaking so i have to roll a new class in pvp lik what happened too ele last time.

but anyways just my two cents.

How to counter glass cannons.
Dodge or block.
Once their burst is done, kill them.

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Mesmers nerfed

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

in PvP

garethh.3518

Dodge or block.

Tragically an upfront 1v1 is the last place glass cannons tend to be in S/TPvP…
When your in the middle of a fight with half or more of your CDs blown, that ‘ kitten your face off’ spike starts to look allot more intimidating…

Especially when the spike is impossible to dodge or it is relentless enough that the only answer is some 45+s CD utility skill.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: kimosabe.3452

kimosabe.3452

I have heard they will include weapons stats to kits.
I HOPE THAT’S IT!

This plus sigils triggering from weapon kits.

Also increase speed of rifle’s net shot and fix the obstruct bug
Oh and fix short fuse trait :\

King of Da Trill-Engineer-http://i48.tinypic.com/29z9d0z.jpg
how i feel about mesmers…http://i45.tinypic.com/260pv7r.jpg

in PvP

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

You don’t play a lot of tpvp, now do you…

You mean the game type where thiefs just continuously cloak and run away then come back then run away again? Oh right that’s what they always do.

1 thief can take stop a team of 5 people from killing him with cloak and heal on cloak and still output enough conditional damage to kill. Run away when health is low and nobody can catch him.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in PvP

Posted by: Authority.4386

Authority.4386

I hope they will separate tPvP solo queue and premades.
I dont care about anything else atm.

in PvP

Posted by: KansasFF.9410

KansasFF.9410

I hope they will separate tPvP solo queue and premades.
I dont care about anything else atm.

I just wish they’d get rid of paid/free and have one queue with rating… then add a single game ladder we can actually use.

in PvP

Oxstar.7643

Dodge or block.

Tragically an upfront 1v1 is the last place glass cannons tend to be in S/TPvP…
When your in the middle of a fight with half or more of your CDs blown, that kitten your face off’ spike starts to look allot more intimidating…

Especially when the spike is impossible to dodge or it is relentless enough that the only answer is some 45+s CD utility skill.

In ganking that happens all the time.

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

Dodge or block.

That’s how it should work, but it doesn’t with the two glass-cannon-classes widely considered IMBA; Thief and Mesmer.

There isn’t really an Option to give them any return-dmg, mostly because of invisibility.

Also, dodging is easier said than done, with Mesmer being able to stun and Immobolize you with skills that have a rather short CD.

With Thiefs, the Problem is, that they can just kill everything in an ongoing teamfight, where ppl have used up their defensive CD’s and maybe don’t have enough endurance to dodge. Besides, good thiefs tend to come out of nowhere, which makes it almost impossible to dodge the backstab, even with perfect map-awareness and reflexes.

in PvP

garethh.3518

In ganking that happens all the time.

Which means it is outright ridiculous in SPvP and extremely, extremely encouraged in TPvP.
Which makes rather unpopular? gameplay.

When there is no way to survive some of the most common setups short of having a CD up or, of course, being in a solid premade (not even positioning can save you >< ) a game tends to become rather lackluster.

Also, dodging is easier said than done, with Mesmer being able to stun and Immobolize you with skills that have a rather short CD.

And daze.
Mesmers are easily one of the most versatile classes because of their instant shattering…
I faught mesmer after mesmer laughing to myself as they never caught on to shattering well, and they were jokes to duel for the longest time… but now, that people are actually learning that shatters are instant so if an enemy walks near your illusions or you summon sword clones… its pretty much free dmg. You can even ‘mind wrack’ then and swap/imob pretty much consecutively fallowed by a daze shatter or started with a magic bullet leaving only ‘a stun break that gets out of an imob’ or eat kitten as the only answer… its brutal what they can manage with solid survivability to boot.

Portal and Time Warp alone were enough to ensure a class a spot in the meta for ages… the class being a solid spike dps to boot is just overkill.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I play a D/D Ele and have since early beta. I hope they don’t listen to the whining that’s starting to generate on the forums, as D/D Ele at least takes a degree of class skill and knowledge to play well.

I’d like to see a buff to rangers they really need it, slight buff to Engi’s, no nerf’s to thieves and bug fixes!!!

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro