What has happened to this game?

in PvP

Posted by: Grim.4795

Grim.4795

Guys, its sad to say, but this condi meta is here to stay. Players are being rewarded for passive play in which all they do is spam all their condi skills and watch other players melt. As of now in SPvP 80% of all specs (that i have encountered this previous week of gameplay – it was actually 76.795 but i rounded up) that ive encountered were condition based because it they require little to no talent/skill to play well to get amazing results. On top of all that A-Net has now decided to nerf (even though its a small nerf) power based specs – the only specs in the game that require a skill cap to play well. Guys, in all honesty, what do you feel of this current meta? I personally feel that conditions need to be reduced before this game loses a large majority of its player base due to frustration.
(examples of this ridiculous meta are spirit rangers, PU mesmers, terrormancers, condi engi’s, condi warrior’s and ETC)

(edited by Grim.4795)

in PvP

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

Damage is damage. Zerker is just as viable as condi. However, gone forever are the days of packing 1 stun break and no condi clears.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

in PvP

Posted by: Obly.9243

Obly.9243

Majority of players left a long long time ago….

wtf…skyham….all is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Guys, its sad to say, but this condi meta is here to stay. Players are being rewarded for passive play in which all they do is spam all their condi skills and watch other players melt. As of now in SPvP 80% of all specs (that i have encountered this previous week of gameplay – it was actually 76.795 but i rounded up) that ive encountered were condition based because it they require little to no talent/skill to play well to get amazing results. On top of all that A-Net has now decided to nerf (even though its a small nerf) power based specs – the only specs in the game that require a skill cap to play well. Guys, in all honesty, what do you feel of this current meta? I personally feel that conditions need to be reduced before this game loses a large majority of its player base due to frustration.
(examples of this ridiculous meta are spirit rangers, PU mesmers, terrormancers, condi engi’s, condi warrior’s and ETC)

The fact that you mentioned several specs that arent used at all at the top of the ladder in teamqueues made me wonder…. What do you define as “the meta”?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

You hate condi meta? Then wear melandru runes. Then you can step over the bodies of those that spam bleed stacks on you.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Ugruk.4069

Ugruk.4069

You hate condi meta? Then wear melandru runes. Then you can step over the bodies of those that spam bleed stacks on you.

Yep, it is tottaly like that, you just put some runes and become a hard counter to other classes…. <.<

in PvP

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

You’d think ele would be making a come-back by just slapping on diamond skin and laughing, but nay. While it hard-counters condi-specs, its pretty bad otherwise. Also, most eles left have some amount of honor and play specs that challenge them.

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

The real reason we have a condi meta is due to client limitations. Condition damage calculation is very easy to calculate by the client because it does not have to take into consideration whether the condi tick was blocked or dodged or gained invulnerability from or avoided due to projectile speed vs. sideways movement. Furthermore, the client does not have to calculate whether it was a crit or a non-crit, and there is no RNG to the damage per tick. As a result of all this condi damage calculation is very reliable from the client’s end.

The condi meta was thought of from the game’s inception in order to counter the client’s limitations due to desync, lag and other issues.

in PvP

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Every nerd wants his “skill” to be recognized.
Are you playing for fun or playing for your ego?

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

in PvP

Locuz.2651

Lets look at the current meta shall we? What are considered the go to (meta) setups these days?

- bunker guardian
- thief (direct dmg)
- zerkers or soldiers amu warrior (direct dmg)
- spiritranger (condi dmg)
- Engi/another warrior/necro (either).

Here take a look at last weeks ESL finale. http://www.twitch.tv/blu42/c/3560840

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

The real reason we have a condi meta is due to client limitations. Condition damage calculation is very easy to calculate by the client because it does not have to take into consideration whether the condi tick was blocked or dodged or gained invulnerability from or avoided due to projectile speed vs. sideways movement. Furthermore, the client does not have to calculate whether it was a crit or a non-crit, and there is no RNG to the damage per tick. As a result of all this condi damage calculation is very reliable from the client’s end.

The condi meta was thought of from the game’s inception in order to counter the client’s limitations due to desync, lag and other issues.

what did I just read
you know there is cap on condi damage because of server stress, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

This thread is accurate and enlightening.

in PvP

Posted by: CachoDm.4639

CachoDm.4639

You’d think ele would be making a come-back by just slapping on diamond skin and laughing, but nay. While it hard-counters condi-specs, its pretty bad otherwise. Also, most eles left have some amount of honor and play specs that challenge them.

We don’t run it because its bad specially with our low hp engie pistol #2 can get us below 90% a ranget pet or necro in ds as well

R48 Nooßlêss Multiclass Looking for a best friend.

in PvP

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

You seem to have no idea how games and servers work.

On the other hand I still think that damage calculation is NOT a bottle neck for them but just a cheap excuse to ignore the community. That holds especially true for PvP, because there’s only max 20 people I guess and calculating damage 20 people in realtime…. Guild wars 1 did that without problems even for 24 people (Alliance battles) and there were more types of damage than two. So unless they did something horribly wrong with the servers software that is probably just a lie.

A 10 years old computer can calculate that stuff in realtime.

in PvP

Posted by: mini.6018

mini.6018

I am so bored of ppl posting and bringing balance argumenst of so called top tournaments.Newsflash leaderboards are a joke because low playerbase and conquest,competitions are a joke for the same reason.

They can never introduce other game modes because pure cheese zero risk/huge reward condi specs will be top and the meta in those modes.

The game(pvp) is not fun to play and frustrating to say the least except if you are a lamer.

In other words broken.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

The real problem is what DIDN’T happen to this game. We were soooo close…

Anet bought the best spot on the strip for a restaurant, hired the best chefs, sent out fliers and bought TV adds announcing the grand opening… Then, when it came time to order the food to cook, because they didn’t want to spend the extra money (or maybe didn’t have time for it to arrive) , they bought hot pockets and pizza rolls.

The people showed up in droves to enjoy a night of fine dining and instead were served hot pockets. People loved the atmosphere, the staff were fantastic, so they were willing to come back with a promise of, ’We’ve got some fantastic ingredients on order, we can’t tell you what they are, but we promise it’ll be the best food you’ve ever tasted". The people kept showing up, eating the hot pockets week-after-week. Eventually, the ingredients that were promised arrived, and nobody liked them because they apparently had been sitting out in the sun for months and became spoiled, but Anet didn’t thoroughly inspect them before serving it. Anet realized their mistake, and told everyone MORE INGREDIENTS ARE ON THE WAY AND IT’s EVEN BETTER THAN PREVIOUS INGREDIENTS, WE JUST CAN’T TELL YOU WHAT!. Well, we’re still waiting for them to arrive, but we’ve become ill…

We all now have high cholesterol and food poisoning.

Moral of the story? The PvP population didn’t leave the game, we all died of food poisoning and heart attacks from high cholesterol.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

(edited by felivear.1536)

in PvP

matjazmuhic.1649

Anet bought the best spot on the strip for a restaurant, hired the best chefs, sent out fliers and bought TV adds announcing the grand opening… Then, when it came time to order the food to cook, because they didn’t want to spend the extra money (or maybe didn’t have time for it to arrive) , they bought hot pockets and pizza rolls.

The people showed up in droves to enjoy a night of fine dining and instead were served hot pockets. People loved the atmosphere, the staff were fantastic, so they were willing to come back with a promise of, ’We’ve got some fantastic ingredients on order, we can’t tell you what they are, but we promise it’ll be the best food you’ve ever tasted". The people kept showing up, eating the hot pockets week-after-week. Eventually, the ingredients that were promised arrived, and nobody liked them because they apparently had been sitting out in the sun for months and became spoiled. Anet realized their mistake, and told everyone MORE INGREDIENTS ARE ON THE WAY AND IT’s EVEN BETTER THAN PREVIOUS INGREDIENTS, WE JUST CAN’T TELL YOU WHAT!. Well, we’re still waiting for them to arrive, but we’ve become ill…

Moral of the story? The PvP population didn’t leave the game, we all died of food poisoning and heart attacks from high cholesterol.

That’s the best analogy I’ve read so far. This is exactly what happened.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Cheer up!
We’ll really have to talk if I start seeing guardians running condition

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Locuz.2651

I am so bored of ppl posting and bringing balance argumenst of so called top tournaments.Newsflash leaderboards are a joke because low playerbase and conquest,competitions are a joke for the same reason.

They can never introduce other game modes because pure cheese zero risk/huge reward condi specs will be top and the meta in those modes.

The game(pvp) is not fun to play and frustrating to say the least except if you are a lamer.

In other words broken.

Im so bored of people bringing up arguements after a lost 1v1 in hotjoin pvp. Most likely vs a class they should struggle with (since its their counterclass) or while playing horribly.

Ive seen this happen for years. Ive seen the same thing on the wow forums aswell where people claim something is OP after losing a random duel vs a stranger. And losing cant be your own fault. It has to be related to poor gamebalance.

Hurt kitten -> cry on the forums.

The most dominant/important dps classes in conquest atm are warriors, thieves and spiritrangers. 2 of those are are power based. So i dont see this condi dominance. And i literally play everything in tournaments so i should know.

That doesnt mean there are no easy to play condi specs. But they arent more dominant than warriors or thieves atm.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Consider that everything you said (block, dodge, invuln, projectile speed, and crit check) is exactly the same for power-based attacks and for condition-based attacks. Then, after all those checks, the server does additional calculations for the damage-over-time component of conditions.

Please, please, please remember that you can dodge condition attacks. No, you can’t dodge a bleed tick. That would be like getting hit by eviscerate and then dodging and expecting the damage to be removed. If there are conditions on you, it’s because you already got hit.

The community is hanging on by a thread here fellas. We are inches away from becoming equally as inane and bitter as the WvW forum.

in PvP

mini.6018

In other words broken.

Im so bored of people bringing up arguements after a lost 1v1 in hotjoin pvp. Most likely vs a class they should struggle with (since its their counterclass) or while playing horribly.

Ive seen this happen for years. Ive seen the same thing on the wow forums aswell where people claim something is OP after losing a random duel vs a stranger. And losing cant be your own fault. It has to be related to poor gamebalance.

Hurt kitten -> cry on the forums.

The most dominant/important dps classes in conquest atm are warriors, thieves and spiritrangers. 2 of those are are power based. So i dont see this condi dominance. And i literally play everything in tournaments so i should know.

That doesnt mean there are no easy to play condi specs. But they arent more dominant than warriors or thieves atm.

Idk if you are being sarcastic or not but i can asure you that the best setup any class can make to maximize his chances to win a 1v1 is bringing condition.Rampager is by far a better choice already to my berserker warrior because it allows damage even when normally kiting.A full berserker character needs a great deal of uptime on the target while a condition one only needs to focus on kiting(aka defensive) and almost zero uptime.I’m not sure how you can even compare the two.

Also warriors are only viable because the introduction of hard counters such as berserker stance and insane condition removal.

That alone speaks volumes of how braindead and overpowered conditions are in pvp and more specifically small scale wich is the area most general pvp users are aiming too.WvW 100v100 blobbing is an abomination and not even worth as an argument in favour of power builds and top pvp is based on the same function based on heavy burst aoe stacking(aka mini blobbing) on wich the balance shoud absolutely not be based on.

Smaller scale and fun to play is where the game should aim for balance if they want the pvp in this game to live(or ressurect,a more appropriate term in the given circumstances).

Take only as example how many utilities that classes were given wich are based on pure power play wich are never used or even looked at by a player because of the overwhelming need of stacking condition removal.I would say 85% of the utilities in the game were rendered absolete by the condition bunkering meta wich should be a serious alarm to the developers that invested(wasted) so much time into creating them.

in PvP

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

What builds require a “skill cap” to play? I don’t think that phrase means what you think it does.

Ranger | Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Yep, it is tottaly like that, you just put some runes and become a hard counter to other classes…. <.<

So you don’t want to defeat OP meta? You rather have anet hold your hand for you?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

.Rampager is by far a better choice already to my berserker warrior because it allows damage even when normally kiting.

How does rampager amulet allow you to deal more damage while kiting?

in PvP

Geff.1930

On the other hand I still think that damage calculation is NOT a bottle neck for them but just a cheap excuse to ignore the community. That holds especially true for PvP, because there’s only max 20 people I guess and calculating damage 20 people in realtime…. Guild wars 1 did that without problems even for 24 people (Alliance battles) and there were more types of damage than two. So unless they did something horribly wrong with the servers software that is probably just a lie.

Excuse me idiot, it is you who has no idea how servers work. This is not a game like GW1. GW1 does not have to calculate position and range because a skill simply is unavailable if you are not in appropriate range of your target for a particular skill or if you dont have LoS. By contrast, in GW2 you can cast skills regardless of whether you are in range, the client has to then communicate with the server to calculate all of the following: was the target in range? was the target outside the projectile path by the time it reached him? was the target blocking or invulnerable or evading? Is the skill being used an unblockable skill or do you have an unblockable buff? Is the target behind blocking terrain by the time the skill finished casting? Was the skill interrupted before it finished casting? Is the target using a cheat or hack program? Is the caster using a cheat or hack program?

This is not a single player game where all these calculations can take place without sync considerations. Furthermore the age of your computer bears no significance in this matter.

what did I just read

The issue is not server load. The issue is desync and skills occasionally missing when they should not have or creating other anomalous results. Engineer’s magnet pull is a great example of desync. About 20~30% of the time magnet pull will go through all calculations and hit the target, but on the screen of the caster the target will appear to be where he was when he was hit by magnet, on the target’s screen the target will get pulled. For a brief time the position of the target represented on the caster’s screen is not the real position of the target, as a result any ground targetted abilities at the target’s location will miss. The moment the pulled target moves or takes some action he will reappear on the caster’s screen in his real position.

(edited by Geff.1930)

in PvP

mini.6018

.Rampager is by far a better choice already to my berserker warrior because it allows damage even when normally kiting.

We are not discussing l2p issues here.It simply does and by effectively over 50% increase in dps in my case while removing the need to stay on target by the same ammount.In translation more damage,less skill to pull off and better chances of survavibility in a duel.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

We are not discussing l2p issues here.

It wasn’t a l2p comment. I’ve just never seen anyone use rampager’s before, except for Teldo a long time ago. I was curious.

But seriously, what’s the connection between amulet choice and kiting?

Edit: sorry, just saw your edit. That’s interesting, I’m not sure I understand what you mean but if it works for you, go for it.

in PvP

mini.6018

It wasn’t a l2p comment. I’ve just never seen anyone use rampager’s before, except for Teldo a long time ago. I was curious.

Basicly it looks like this

power damage = chase the target and dps – in conclusion you get kited your dps is lowered because avoided etc

condi damage = run away from target and still apply dps – you are allowed to still apply presure even while you are playing defensively and wait for your cooldowns of your power skills to reset.

on the average power build in spvp if you chose rampager amulet over berserker your power dps decreases by aproximatively 20% while you gain more critical chance and your base condition damage is increased by 100%.

Weapon choices

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: albotelho.2931

albotelho.2931

So a zerker says there is no skill playing a condition build… and zerker needs lot of skill…

I play both builds and… you know what… I am not loosing my time here… see ya.

Turig Wolfsbane Norn Guardian
Rangrorn Charr Necromancer
Ultimate Legion [UL]

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

power damage = chase the target and dps – in conclusion you get kited your dps is lowered because avoided etc

condi damage = run away from target and still apply dps – you are allowed to still apply presure even while you are playing defensively and wait for your cooldowns of your power skills to reset.

Do you mean your condi attacks are ranged and your power attacks are melee?

If you mean that you can kite around while your conditions do damage, I think that’s no different from power attacks. If you land a 3k damage condition attack and then kite, that’s the same as landing a 3k power attack and then kiting.

in PvP

mini.6018

Do you mean your condi attacks are ranged and your power attacks are melee?

If you mean that you can kite around while your conditions do damage, I think that’s no different from power attacks. If you land a 3k damage condition attack and then kite, that’s the same as landing a 3k power attack and then kiting.

Most condition attacks in this game are ranged and spammable while power dps is mainly based on melee range and 130 point blank.Also conditions are not mitigated by weakness,armor,or protection,can be easily covered for not being removed and a few of them even counter direct use of skills or movement.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

on the average power build in spvp if you chose rampager amulet over berserker your power dps decreases by aproximatively 20% while you gain more critical chance and your base condition damage is increased by 100%.

Weapon choices

Just to give us the complete picture. You run rampager with what runes and weapons?

in PvP

mini.6018

Weapon choices

Just to give us the complete picture. You run rampager with what runes and weapons?

hello copy paste

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Most condition attacks in this game are ranged and spammable while power dps is mainly based on melee range and 130 point blank.Also conditions are not mitigated by weakness,armor,or protection,can be easily covered for not being removed and a few of them even counter direct use of skills or movement.

Okay I thought you were talking about a warrior build but that’s cool. I still don’t really understand what you mean.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

hello copy paste

Why would i copy paste what seems to be an inferior amulet/rune combo? Inferior to what im currently running on my own warrior and….inferior to what pretty much every cookie cutter warrior runs atm.

in PvP

Posted by: Leadfoot.9071

Leadfoot.9071

Okay I thought you were talking about a warrior build but that’s cool. I still don’t really understand what you mean.

My original interpretation of what he was saying was that if you are kiting your (already applied) conditions are still ticking doing damage as opposed to power attacks that only damage on application and therefore cannot do damage while just kiting… but now i’m not so sure…

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

We are in the age of the Warrior meta… condi meta was like 6 months ago, chief.

Should be interesting to see how the next patch shakes things up. Wish it were coming sooner, but oh well. Hoping it’s worth the wait!

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Locuz.2651

The only thing inferior is your capacity to create a better build.Idk why you asked for it then are you planning to make a presentation or something ? Makes no sense

The only reason why i asked it is because i wanted to have something to laugh about.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

The people showed up in droves to enjoy a night of fine dining and instead were served hot pockets. People loved the atmosphere, the staff were fantastic, so they were willing to come back with a promise of, ’We’ve got some fantastic ingredients on order, we can’t tell you what they are, but we promise it’ll be the best food you’ve ever tasted". The people kept showing up, eating the hot pockets week-after-week. Eventually, the ingredients that were promised arrived, and nobody liked them because they apparently had been sitting out in the sun for months and became spoiled, but Anet didn’t thoroughly inspect them before serving it. Anet realized their mistake, and told everyone MORE INGREDIENTS ARE ON THE WAY AND IT’s EVEN BETTER THAN PREVIOUS INGREDIENTS, WE JUST CAN’T TELL YOU WHAT!. Well, we’re still waiting for them to arrive, but we’ve become ill…

This is frighteningly precise..

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Locuz.2651

ok.But don’t be too sad ,the new copy paste builds for you to use are only coming after april.

Keep the insults coming. Oh how i wish i was a good as you at theorycrafting mister rampager warrior.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

matjazmuhic.1649

Excuse me idiot, it is you who has no idea how servers work. This is not a game like GW1. GW1 does not have to calculate position and range because a skill simply is unavailable if you are not in appropriate range of your target for a particular skill or if you dont have LoS. By contrast, in GW2 you can cast skills regardless of whether you are in range, the client has to then communicate with the server to calculate all of the following: was the target in range? was the target outside the projectile path by the time it reached him? was the target blocking or invulnerable or evading? Is the skill being used an unblockable skill or do you have an unblockable buff? Is the target behind blocking terrain by the time the skill finished casting? Was the skill interrupted before it finished casting? Is the target using a cheat or hack program? Is the caster using a cheat or hack program?

This is not a single player game where all these calculations can take place without sync considerations. Furthermore the age of your computer bears no significance in this matter.

what did I just read

The issue is not server load. The issue is desync and skills occasionally missing when they should not have or creating other anomalous results. Engineer’s magnet pull is a great example of desync. About 20~30% of the time magnet pull will go through all calculations and hit the target, but on the screen of the caster the target will appear to be where he was when he was hit by magnet, on the target’s screen the target will get pulled. For a brief time the position of the target represented on the caster’s screen is not the real position of the target, as a result any ground targetted abilities at the target’s location will miss. The moment the pulled target moves or takes some action he will reappear on the caster’s screen in his real position.

I guess your attitude reflects your age…

This is what Gw2 community has now become I guess. PEACE OUT! drops the mic

P.S.

You claimed that clients does calculations… Nuff said.

(edited by matjazmuhic.1649)

in PvP

Posted by: Blackjack.2083

Blackjack.2083

Agreed. In my opinion conditions are probably the biggest single problem with GW2. Is it the only “issue”? No, but I truly believe it is the biggest. An interesting example of this is when you take a closer look at the Warrior class and some of the more recent changes to them.

Not that long ago they were considered to be the bottom or very near the bottom of the barrel in PvP. Then Cleansing Ire and Dogged March were introduced as well as changes to Healing Signet and Beserkers Stance. All of these skills primarily are focused on condition mitigation in one way or another. Keep in mind that Warriors were also negatively effected by nerfs to various damage dealing traits with this revamp as well. Yet all anyone yells about is that Warriors are too powerful…..why?

Well if you ask me it’s pretty simple. People consider them OP at the end of the day because so many of these changes went toward countering conditions. As more and more people shifted their builds to conditions it made warriors ability to counter these builds more apparent…..and hence cries of OP Warriors. It was a somewhat sloppy way of addressing condition builds by Anet if you ask me.

Conditions simply offer great damage with so little effort that why wouldn’t anyone run them? It is so much easier to build for survivability and condition damage then it is to do the same with a power build. Not only is it easier to set your character up for this playstyle it also allows you to focus your maneuvering while playing with defense in mind and still do continuous damage. It is a much more passive approach toward gameplay…..lower risk and higher reward for most.

GW2 is trying to balance so many classes, weapons, builds, and on top of that two completely different damage types in conditions versus power builds that it’s no wonder they struggle. If conditions were more about debuffs it would be one thing but they often are both damage and debuffs. It’s just a mess. Builds across the board have become pigeonholed by the need to carry so many cleanses it also has lead to cookie cutter fotm builds to be effective.

It’s just not that fun to play anymore. Can it be fixed? At this point I’m not sure it can be….or if they even want to.

in PvP

Geff.1930

Oh man, you dropped the mic. U r cool dood

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Yes, lets jump on the boat that says condi damage should be mitigated by toughness. HAH.
What a joke. Condi and zerk are natural rivals, and counter each other like they are designed to do.
Get over it, memorize skill anims, cycle cd’s wisely, and dont spam. You will win most of the time.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

mini.6018

Yes, lets jump on the boat that says condi damage should be mitigated by toughness. HAH.
What a joke. Condi and zerk are natural rivals, and counter each other like they are designed to do.
Get over it, memorize skill anims, cycle cd’s wisely, and dont spam. You will win most of the time.

What you said is complete kitten.Memorize what spells ? You mean the ones with no or extremely fast animation,unblockable and instant landing with no traveling time?All the condi spam skills need a complete delete and rebuild from scratch along with the condi damage output being made into a 3 stat system exactly like zerker.

(edited by mini.6018)

in PvP

Posted by: TheDevice.2751

TheDevice.2751

TW2 (trollwars2): The War of the Spamming…

Oh silly guys. This game has completely left all balance in the trashcan. There is no stopping the imbalance now. It’s only just begun.

The thing about the skills and “balance” in this game is it is all based around “fun” skills. Like if my 11-year-old cousin would get all excited about his character doing a million damage with their super cool backstab and then go back into the shadows and never get hurt, this would be his game that he’d make.

Balance: “hey.. ummm.. you know thats kinda harsh. If you just spam 1 skill and have all this endless strength and invisibility and mobility.. don’t you think thats unfair?”

11-year old: “well fine. Balance it but I don’t want any of my invisibility to be touched, I still want to spam it as often as I want or shadow step whenever I want. And I want to be able to do insane amount of damage to my enemies even like 5 at a time. And then go away unharmed.. but yeah balance it.”

Balance: exits the room

in PvP

Posted by: Aereniel.7356

Aereniel.7356

This thread is accurate and enlightening.

Phanta brings the #sarcasm.

I must admit I’d be snappy as well if I mained ele for the past six or so months. Nothing more motivating than playing like a god and still losing to a spirit ranger who kills you with shortbow one spam. That’s skill right there. Or getting hit by one earthshaker and knowing that it’s GG unless the warrior is totally incompetent.

Meta-wise I’d seriously like to grow a pair, go man-mode and play a power engi. But every time I do, I die like a kitten and instantly remember why condi bomb-nade is infinitely better in every way. I’m pigeonholed into a build I don’t even particularly enjoy just to keep my nose above the water. And it sucks, I tell you!

Why am I rambling? I don’t even know. But good to see you back playing and streaming, Phanta.

Been here since launch
Legend S1-S3 with 100% solo queue 100% conquest
Filthy casual, 6k sPvP games

in PvP

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

The more I play sPvP, the more I get disillusioned. It’s just spam-classes like Necro/Engy/PUMesmer that run around in circles, spam condis and hope for the best, or it’s classes with so much regen/health/armour like Warrior that it allows them to make silly mistakes compared to other classes and still come out on top, or stealth abusers like PU Mesmers or Thieves that then spam 2.

I personally don’t think the meta has been as lame as it’s now… it’s just mindless spam-spam-spam with a few classes that just dominate the rest.

I know I’m asking for some “L2P” comments from noobs who think that they’re god, but I’d like to see them play some of the crappy classes. On some classes you have to play perfectly to win, yet more often than not get still beaten by a button-mashing amateur who just happens to play a favoured class. It does make you wonder why you even bother. Play, say, a lock-down Mesmer and then a Warrior and tell me there’s no difference in skill-gap.

Sure, I can turn my Mesmer into a GS PU one, or roll a Warrior, and enjoy the Meta and faceroll others but it’s just lame, skill-less and insanely boring.

I’m very close to throwing in the towel… the proposed changes that they recently announced clearly show that they have no idea. They want to shave, yet don’t shave enough from their golden child (the warrior), whilst they are happy to propose changes that they clearly don’t understand yet impact on a whole class (i.e. DE for Mesmer).

It’s soul destroying.

(edited by Marsares.2053)

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Waiting for a new game. My hopes are very low for this game to ever reach any state of competition, in both wvw (zergfaceroll) or spvp (condibunkerfaceroll).

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

Sure, I can turn my Mesmer into a GS PU one, or roll a Warrior, and enjoy the Meta and faceroll others but it’s just lame, skill-less and insanely boring.

There are still hard to play builds on warrior. But you have to go staff like full glass with no points in defense. It’s silly, but you deal a lot of damage and EVERYTHING becomes a threat. One backstab with 2100 armor and you are in trouble, for example.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself