Woo more Llamas

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

Following the Ready Up Livestream, I understand that ladder season rewards are as follows:

Top 250 will receive a mini Llama
Top 20 get 1 piece of Glorious Hero armor
Top 5 receive 2 pieces

Now I can’t speak for all other 249 players in Top 250 but I imagine many of us already have one or will get one from ToL, ToL2, ToG, December 2nd rewards and Giveaways.

Since no one can use more than one and they cannot be sold, I’d rather have no reward than being sent another Llama which I’d have to delete. As it stands, it is pretty much Top 20 or nothing.

Is it possible to put something else in as rewards? Maybe a piece of normal Glorious Armour or 1g? Alternatively, could there be a Mystic Forge recipe to recycle the Llamas into something useful?

Thanks.

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

They already added a recipe to recycle the Priest of Balthazar mini that you get from Lost Orrian Boxes, I see no reason why they shouldn’t make one for these as well. Also, for Queen Jennahs!

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Lupanic.6502

Lupanic.6502

I do not habe a llama and I do not want. I want a hat a big one

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

i already haz llama

people who are in the top 250 already haz llama most likely.

(edited by Simon.3794)

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

they should award the fluffy llamas they had on ready up stream instead of minis

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

What about a reward chest with 1 piece of the 3 currently unavailable sets of armor? Mini Llama could be a choice in that chest if you prefer it over an armor piece.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Yes more llamas!

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

The whole llama thing feels like ArenaNet is trying really hard to push some sort of in-joke and turn it into a meme within the community — except no one is falling for it or cares.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

They should just make the Mini Llamas tradable. :P

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

The whole llama thing feels like ArenaNet is trying really hard to push some sort of in-joke and turn it into a meme within the community — except no one is falling for it or cares.

Although, it’s actually more like they are too lazy to come up with a real reward.

Ranger//Necro

(edited by infantrydiv.1620)

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

Chungie.. Be grateful for your Llama!

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Although, it’s actually more like they are too lazy to come up with a real reward.

More like they save the good stuff for the gem store!

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

More like they save the good stuff for the gem store!

Mini Llama with a tophat?

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Oh we get a Llama? Yay presents! I don’t already have one and will be happy to accept – ALTHOUGH I’d rather a Mini Grentch <- I have wanted this since GW1 and they never released it, many hugs and blessings from Lyssa await the Dev and Designer who champion it’s inclusion in the game.

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

the llama thing is actually from china.
it’s been a joke for so long

it’s only funny, because llama’s chinese name sounds like F* Y* M* in chinese (and some other stuff involved)

i guess when they 1st planning to release gw2 in china, they also took the joke and made it as an marketing strategy.

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I think titles would be a lot cooler for “placement” rewards. If it has to be something less serious however a joke title would be fine.

IMO Llama is kind of meh and feels like a boring forced meme that is really only a subpar “in joke” to the community.

I’ve gotten multiple free mini llamas through different methods, and I’ve given them all away. >>

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Guard.6751

Guard.6751

I agree the mini llama reward comes across very lackluster. They’ve already been given away numerous other times. I’m sure Anet could run stats on who would receive these currently and whether they already have one. My guess is the majority already does and it doesn’t make this reward suitable. A different reward should be given. Titles would be cool but, if that can’t be done how about a finisher box or mini box?

IGNs: The Guardian, Guard – Main Profession: Ranger
Leaderboard Peak Rankings: #2 Solo Arena | #11 Team Arena

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Would nice if the llamas were atlest tradeable.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: zaxon.6819

zaxon.6819

What is the origin of the llama thing. I remember llama mounts in Ultima online 15 years ago. But i doubt that was the start.

?

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

“All is Vain” is a 10x funnier GW2 meme, it isn’t forced while being community driven. Most PvP players should know it but for anyone who doesn’t know it, not only is the explanation fun but your bound to get more laughs than a “purple monkey dishwasher lol so random” type joke.

On the note of lol so random minstrel finisher > Llama imo. (Not that I’d ever use either Cuz 8 bit nuke)

All 250 players should get “All is Vain” as a tittle that way it’s not super serious, still has prestige via inaccessibility, and surely we all know the feel of “1 v all” lol

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Salocin.2783

Salocin.2783

All is vain title .. it’s brilliant.

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

I do like the idea of titles.

And based on these posts… I am glad to see i’m not the only one dissatisfied with llamas.

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Just make the title: “Esports Llama” for top250 so devs, players and llamas all stay happy.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Heapheaus.5238

Heapheaus.5238

I do like the idea of titles.

And based on these posts… I am glad to see i’m not the only one dissatisfied with llamas.

They can give out the Arena titles again. EG: Soilder of the arena etc.

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: ToXic.2786

ToXic.2786

So I didn’t got a lama but im at the top 200, does anybody know why this could have happened?

Toxic Youth – Lvl 80 Guardian
Still undefeated in sPvP 1v1

Woo more Llamas

in PvP

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

So I didn’t got a lama but im at the top 200, does anybody know why this could have happened?

IIRC it’s only top 100 for the update on december 2nd, and top 20 get a piece of glorious heroes armor. if you were top 100 before the patch on december 2nd you still need to wait, as they need to generate the list manually before handing out rewards. i haven’t received my piece of armor or llama yet.

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia