"endless loading screen" in spvp [MERGED]

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I didn’t play for few days, and today i was in two tourneys. DCed so many times. Few times because endless loading screen after death, and many times because gw2.exe problem. Happened to my teammates also…

pretty much. Odd thing is it seems to be only getting worse as time goes on. I had 3 players on my team and 2 players on the opposing team get load-screen’ed in a tournament today. its really frustrating, because it makes for terrible matches.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: UptheIronz.6732

UptheIronz.6732

come on fix it already , got it 2 times today in battle of kyhlo tpvp , it’s annoying when both teams are good , it just make u auto loose

in PvP

Posted by: niconori.7235

niconori.7235

i’m having this bug as well. i can’t play pvp at all

in PvP

Posted by: nldixon.8514

nldixon.8514

sPvP and tPvP are pretty much a losing proposition until this is fixed. Staring at a loading screen until the game finishes or until you time out or ALT-F4ing every time you die is pretty boring.

in PvP

Posted by: Project Shrine Maiden.9623

Project Shrine Maiden.9623

this perma loading screen thing just got me twice in like 20 minutes of playing…. getting kind of silly.

Team Shanghai Alice

in PvP

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

sPvP and tPvP are pretty much a losing proposition until this is fixed. Staring at a loading screen until the game finishes or until you time out or ALT-F4ing every time you die is pretty boring.

aside it being boring, and frustrating because it takes you out of the game, the first thing I think when it happens is:

dam, losing my points again… another total game worth of points wasted!

Points aren’t everything, but they are about the only incentive this game’s pvp has, fun factor aside (which is always THE incentive of a game).

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

in PvP

Posted by: Eduardo.4675

Eduardo.4675

Anet!! Wazzup!!
I have a few screens of me playing tourny from 10 minutes ago, however, as to serve as a disclaimer, i would like to warn ppl that are about to read this next few posts (apparently u can only load 1 attach per post) that the skills, field awareness and overall magificent control of the avatar displayed here, this gigantic prowesses, are within reach of any player willing to dedicate their lives to the mastering of the thief class…dont feel intimidated by this, u can do it!!
Procceding with the first screen:

Attachments:

Adapt or die. I never die.

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

Second screen: im adding just a few more words to make the minimum 15 letters per post…

Attachments:

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

Now,my third screen, this one is different, its another ingame situation altogheter:

Attachments:

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

Lets proceed to watch as some players go on a rampage (this ppl are guuud!!)

Attachments:

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

OOps, wrong pic,here it goes:

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: DavidOrtiz

Previous

DavidOrtiz

European Community Team Lead

Next

Hi everyone.

The team is aware of this issue and working to get it resolved. Thanks for your understanding.

Best

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

Thank you all for your reports regarding this issue. Our teams are currently working on this issue as a priority. We will update you on that matter as soon as possible.

In the meantime, we’d like to thank you all for your patience and understanding.

^-THIS. Do something else in the mean time, there is more to gw2 than pvp.

I’m guessing most replies to this got reported and removed, because I think they must have been nasty…

This game advertised as a major pvp game, and in the end provided rahter limited forms of pvp.
Of those forms, the biggest one is bugged like there is no tomorrow because of this.

The bug results in players losing the only reward they can get for pvp: glory and ranking points.

Yet you feel the need to defend the game beyond reason and simply state that the pvp’ers should go do something else… for days…

This game gives a lvl 1 FULL pvp acces, ever wondered why it does that?
Maybe because it considers pvp as one of it’s biggest trumps?

We all know there is more to GW2 than pvp, we’re not as stupid that we missed the option where that lvl1 can actually go level to 80. We know it’s there, but thanks for telling us…

If every second or third Dynamic Event would cause people to leave the game and lose all reward for it upon coming back, would you tell all the peopele in pve to go pvp and stop complaining?

in PvP

Posted by: Pyrial.2917

Pyrial.2917

Listen, all of us clowns who are complaining about this need to realize that A-Net doesn’t half a— it. They’re only going to release a fix for this “when it’s ready”…This means having someone go through lines and lines of code to make sure everything works as intended. Then it has to go through the localization process, oh wait…

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

even the forums are failing now…watever…

Attachments:

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

The best part in this match was when we (or was it they??) captured the henge,as you can see by the screen… it was a complete game changer, really…

Now more seriously, will we see an end to this? i only logged for ten minutes, my heart cannot withstand the rollercoaster of emotions that such intense game playing cause me…

Fix it now, your gameis going down the drain…

in PvP

Posted by: Project Shrine Maiden.9623

Project Shrine Maiden.9623

dev just posted man chill lol its been happenin constantly to a lot of people.

Team Shanghai Alice

in PvP

Posted by: Atlas.6901

Atlas.6901

I feel like this new feature should have been mentioned in the blog post. “We have no features planned, other than the features we said we would include in the game at release. However, as a bonus to our dedicated sPvP’ers, we have decided to remove certain features — like the ability to seemlessly play the game.” At this point, A-Net is obviously just trolling.

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

Listen, all of us clowns who are complaining about this need to realize that A-Net doesn’t half a— it. They’re only going to release a fix for this “when it’s ready”…This means having someone go through lines and lines of code to make sure everything works as intended. Then it has to go through the localization process, oh wait…

that’s what they claim indeed, and they did have that reputation.

Yet for GW2 I feel like I’m playing a pvp beta… I really do.

Not trying to be a smart kitten here, they didn’t live up to their good reputation for the pvp of this game. There’s lots of work to be done I fear.
Granted, they implemented some great stuff! But it’s not enough… mostly that: it lacks variety.

This terrible bug just adds to that general feeling.

Not sure how sarcastic you are being, but as it happens you do strike a good point there.

This bug can’t be easy to fix, but it is here at a terrible time for the game.
GW2’s reputation as a great pvp game can’t take much more blows I’m afraid. In the general opinion I mean, my own opinion isn’t that important in the end.

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in PvP

Posted by: Tantrasil.7634

Tantrasil.7634

Hi everyone.

The team is aware of this issue and working to get it resolved. Thanks for your understanding.

Best

I’m glad the Spanish Community Manager is letting us know. Can we actually get a Dev response and tell us when this will be fixed?

Don’t thank us for our understanding because we don’t understand why it isn’t fixed yet. We need a REAL response from someone working on the team trying to fix this, NOW.

Before people go and back Anet up over this, this is very much unacceptable to the players. This bug has been in the game since release and has only got the attention it deserves because it happened to more people.

Like someone else said before – If PvE events made you restart your game and you lost all rewards, would you tell everyone to go play PvP instead until it was fixed? Doubt it.

P.S. – Love the pictures Eduardo, made me laugh today.

in PvP

Eduardo.4675

dev just posted man chill lol its been happenin constantly to a lot of people.

If u are referring to me, know this: im chilled,better yet,im totally relaxed now,since i logged of after taking these screens; the amount of screens i took is huge, i would show more,with every player in that match going on rampage, whereas i, well i was on rage rather than rampage…
Not to mention what ive seen last night, a thief who would cast thives guild BACK TO BACK (thats right, back to back,total hack)and go invisible 5 timesin a row WITHOUT TOUCHING ME WITH CLOAK AND DAGGER, my combat log showed: LDB+LDB+heart seeker, no C&D to justify that… would you be calm after seeing this?? this game is not supposed to be call of duty… and there is the WwW reports of flying ppl, orb hacking (go to guru and read a thread about that too)and watnot… i bought this game on the 20th of April,its not like ive just enetred in this game last week… and i played gw1 religiously almost everyday for 5 years, i like gw, but this is beyond me,totally…
Now, im off to see Abraham Lincoln, vampire hunter, and it would be hilarious to see hacking vampires,that dont die when u trespass their hearts with a stick…

in PvP

Posted by: Greiger.7092

Greiger.7092

I’m usually pretty easygoing when it comes to devs working on bugs, but I thought patches were supposed to be tested for a week before implementation.
Nobody noticed the loading issue during the testing period? Really?

And what about the bug not being resolved yet. Is it fixed and you are just doing another week long testing period for the fix? Or is "It got worse after last patch" and "It happens often enough that a programmer can just play the game with their client in debug mode and hit it pretty easily" not enough to figure out what went wrong?

I like you guys, I really do, and I try to be reasonable with the decisions I don’t fully agree with. But you do realize this looks really really bad right? tPvP is unplayable, I don’t see why anyone would shell out a ticket for a game that won’t stay even past the 5 minute mark. SPvP is only playable if you don’t mind the 50-50 chance you can actually finish a match. Even if you are only doing it for fun instead of any kind of rewards, I don’t find it fun to be arbitrarily kicked out of a game halfway through. I don’t think others do either.

Please get it together guys, nice to see this is given priority. But it seems a bit odd that this is either a hard problem to track down, or built so deep into the code to be difficult to work out.

in PvP

Posted by: Meikun.4531

Meikun.4531

Just got this one again after my very first fight for the day. Got it regularly yesterday. The problem is growing into absolutely unacceptable territory. Especially since this is a well known problem, not only for sPvP.

As i said before, the developers policy to “bugfix” on such a large scale is bound to introduce more problems than actual solutions.

In this case, it should be an absolute priority for a fix and to tell the truth i’m more than disappointed that this hasn’t been fixed already. Like i said, infinite lloading screens have been around since beta and are well documented.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

It has reached the point where nothing constructive can be said. It is not playable anymore … all I can do is pve. Schedules, explanations etc … all the usual stuff given to customers … nothing. Yes, I am aware it needs solutions not empty talks, but that is the reality for every company in the private sector.
Seriously, after the last patch, there has been numerous glitches where I can only see a part of the player I am fighting .. something that was never there to begin with.

in PvP

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

We are losing games cause of this bug , and now ppl get dced and timed out and get endless loading screen. When will this be fixed already ?!!

play hard , go pro.

in PvP

Posted by: Merciless.5349

Merciless.5349

It feels like it only happens when a person dies by a Thief or Guardian. So… everybody shelf their Thief and Guardian, and see how much better this game becomes.

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

LOL Merciless :P
No reason to yell btw … seriously. Even if frustration is understandable, it does not give you the right to act in a way you would not like to be treated yourself.

in PvP

Posted by: Irascible.8210

Irascible.8210

This is kittening ridiculous. Anytime you die in the middle at Foefire you can expect to have to restart your client – OH and expect to lose the kittening match. It happens without fail everytime you die in the middle of Foefire. I’m having to restart 2-3 times a game. Then, if you happen to be in the middle of foefire when the match starts, guess what? You’re going to be restarting! I won’t threaten to quit or any BS like that but this is kittening ANNOYING.

in PvP

Posted by: shalmont.2539

shalmont.2539

ahhahaha, man i loved this… made my day

also… this is still happening……. jeebussssssss

in PvP

Posted by: korzal.5068

korzal.5068

please fix this….

seriously, dont send your programmers home or let them see their kids until this bug has been fixed.

in PvP

Posted by: shalmont.2539

shalmont.2539

please fix this….

seriously, dont send your programmers home or let them see their kids until this bug has been fixed.

Co-sign.

Cage them, this is something you fire someone over lol, make it happen cappain!

in PvP

Posted by: Ardelin.9543

Ardelin.9543

Yea I’m completely done with tpvp until this is fixed, no point whenever every match turns into a 3v5 or 4v5 for one team.

in PvP

Posted by: Wheeping Song.6423

Wheeping Song.6423

this issue seems to appear only when thieves stomp……

Regards
Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: STIMjim.7405

STIMjim.7405

Surprisingly, I only got it once while playing yesterday. But seriously guys, I dont think it gives the devs any motivation when you tell them they should be caged or “FIX IT NOW”. I raged quite a bit when this happened too and came to the fourms to inform the community, but it looks like the only reason the devs dont lock this up is so that people can vent their frustration and anger somewhere.
Now that being said, FIX IT NOAW!! Thanks in advance.

in PvP

Posted by: Yamato.2654

Yamato.2654

Happening here, too. :/ the one time I was in the mood for PvP and this happened, lol. I thought my computer was breaking! Hope it gets fixed soon, thanks guys.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarin Jast.7645

Rarin Jast.7645

happens once a match…

in PvP

Posted by: Quindim.3980

Quindim.3980

Strange, but i saw this same problem in a thread at another big mmo forum… could this be a windows direct x minor issue??

in PvP

Posted by: Beerzzz.7634

Beerzzz.7634

Same , only on foefire, tho!

in PvP

Posted by: Salvo.8290

Salvo.8290

Why they can’t roll back the patch that caused this bug destroying PvP (and WvW if you have seen the other threads) is beyond me. I also find that the team was unable to catch this before it was pushed is a bit silly. I would think that they would look at PvP and WvW. Instead of focusing on adding more features, it is really more important to fix the ones that are here-2/3 of the game is essentially broken. I am getting this 2-3 times a match. I agree that people should be working in shifts on this constantly until it is fixed. When it is ready can only be said so many times before it loses value. This isn’t a minor issue-it is a dealbreaker-for 3 full days now.

in PvP

Posted by: savov.3712

savov.3712

This is a known issue since the 10/8 build went live and its being of a top priority since then. That’s a whole work week and still we have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I don’t wanna know what’s the status on their low priority stuff… Same thing with the “invisible army” in WvW, which was an issue from the very first beta. Again top priority, and its just getting worse. Basically at the moment half of the game is just unplayble (or at least for me it’s not really fun to stare at the loading screen or fight vs invisible enemies). The other half still have bugged events and skill points, that even bugs at the very same point every f time.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m long time follower of GW (3000+ hours in GW1 and almost 500 in GW2 already, can give you screens, cuz I’m still playing GW1 from time to time) and for a very, very fist time I’m actually complaining about something in the franchise. And that will be the support as a whole. I just can’t get it why we have to wait a full week for every update, while in GW1 we could get few new builds a day (aka hot fixes) when such issues occur. Till now all we are getting are “thank you for you patience and undarstaing”.

Well, we were patient for the PvP servers to get online on headstart. We were (really) patient till the tournament rewards get fixed. We were (really, really) patient for the PvP blog post to get posted(or translated or w/). Now we are patient for this to get fixed, whenever that is. I do not wanna know what we will have to be patient and understating about next, but what I DO wanna know is till when we will have to be patient?!

I really, really wanna know the answer to this, because it’s getting ridiculous. It’s just not something that I had used to with Anet and GW1 for the past 7 years and it’s (at the very least) disappointing.

Let me end this qq/whine/vent post whit a quote from the blogpost itself:
“The way we see it, Guild Wars 2 sPvP may be shipped, but it’s far from finished.

in PvP

Posted by: derogs.6570

derogs.6570

Just lost from total noobs while my team did 2v5 in one moment.

High priority my kitten I mean 5 days to fix gamebreaking bug. Every single aspect of game is unplayable. WvW with invisible zergs, tpvp with loading screens.

What do you expect from player to do in game atm?
Keg brawl?

in PvP

Posted by: okaygo.5473

okaygo.5473

Its like an exploit from the sounds of it. Loading Screen Stomp, and they admit to knowing about it. Anet is trolling the pvpers.

in PvP

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Hi everyone.

Best

One of the most insulting lines of PR speak ever is “Thanks for your understanding.” It assumes understanding and supportiveness. It insults your clientele and assumes their motivation and behavior.

How about you stop doing that and start giving us some actual information? That would be super.

Unless we have to wait 4 weeks for it to be translated in a handful of languages.

in PvP

Posted by: Earana.2691

Earana.2691

I get this about 1/3 of the matches….

in PvP

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

2 matches in a row, lost finals thanks to this. GG

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in PvP

Posted by: KogarasuMaru.7036

KogarasuMaru.7036

Take a break from the game. Won’t kill ya if you miss a few days.

in PvP

Kimbald.2697

I’ll take a break when I want to, that’s what a BTP game is for.

Untill that time, I would like the product I paid for to be working as intended.

in PvP

Posted by: STIMjim.7405

STIMjim.7405

I want to smash my kittttennnn face into this big stupid KITTEN keyboard…

in PvP

Posted by: ColinJohanson.2394

Previous

ColinJohanson.2394

Game Director

Next

Hey folks,

We will be pushing a build shortly that should resolve this issue. Thanks very much for being patient, this one was more complicated to fix than normal, but it looks we’ve got a handle on it and will get it taken care of very soon.

in PvP

Posted by: Sve.4729

Sve.4729

Thank you ColinJohanson…

Just experienced this again and was hoping it would be fixed soon…