suggestion for gw3 or gw2 if u want

in PvP

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

Hi everyone, i have some suggestion for this game, but i dont think they will do it, so i’d like to give it for the next release…

1) make different traits between pve and spvp

i play both with guardian, ele, war and thief, also play necro, engi and ranger in spvp… is not hard for player learn to play more classes or different builds (and we have to with all those meta change), make differences between pve and spvp will make alot easier the class balance, and u can focus on other stuff, like game mode… its pretty embarrassing have the same game mode since release (2 years ago)

2) different skill

when i face (or play) necro mm, ranger spirit, turret engi, it’s no player vs player but player vs AI… in pve u cant use them cause mobs will shot every companion, in pvp it’s absourd have those AI, i wanna challenge players not AI, if i wanna play vs AI i will do pve

3) classes and roles

i like the idea everyone can do everything, but in pve everyone go for max dps, in pvp there is alot of confusion, cause this idea should allow ppl to do what they want with one classes, but looking the fact it isn’t, cause all depends on meta, so we have to learn to play alot of classes (this is funny but for the wrong reason), everyone can spam condition, cc, dps, and now also stealth… i think condition should be for necro only, other classes should have one or 2 condi max, maybe stronger then necro but not everyone, stealth for thief only, but really less stealth spam, maybe he should be stronger, or with more resistance, but is not possible to be perma stealthed, it ruin the game, like all those cc spam we have..
maybe have classes more specific for some roles is not good for your advertising, but will make a better game, i mean, u can do for example a guard bunker, dps or burning condi one with a big burning burst, same for other classes but not every condi to everyone, alot of cc for everyone and alot of stealth for everyone, this is also a problem for be an e-sport its hard to understood what it happen with all those spamming

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i dont think any PVPer would buy gw3^^

in PvP

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

It’s pretty clear this game’s focus is not PvP. I think we GW1’ers who bought the game with PvP in mind and challenging hard-elite areas are all too disapointed to give it another try for GW3.

in PvP

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

Sad, but true.

How about this suggestion:

Make a pvp focused GW3, but don’t let it be produced by ANet.

in PvP

Lian Olsam.9541

agree with u, but onestly i like this combact system and i’d like to see a better gw i dont wanna surrender, i’d like to make some positive noise for fix all those problem, so lets try to be costructive, maybe they will speak with us and reply to our perplexity… not cause they are angels but cause we are money… but we should “fight” for have a better game asap… alot of friends had already left the game i dont wanna follow him… i think devs should do something asap otherwise pvp will be (already are) just another pve mode…

in PvP

Posted by: Fourth.1567

Fourth.1567

Sad, but true.

This. Just have to show investors there is a market for it though.

in PvP

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Sad, but true.

NC Soft is to blame, not Anet.

PvP is considered a niche, Themeparks are a lot safer. Modern MMO’s are pushing 100-300 million dollar budget, developers have less control over what gets put into a game. Everything Anet comes up with probably has to be approved by NC Soft which looks at it from a monetary side, “Is this going to increase our market share / user base?”

Hardcore PvP/PvE elements decrease market share, and is why we probably dont see any in GW2. And why WoW is adding things like LFR. The future of MMO’s seems to be watered down crap that everyone can play/stomach, but no more games targeted at a certain group of people that they will really enjoy, while others steer clear.

It’s just taking the path of least resistance, and catering to the lowest common denominator. And is why you see a lot of big name devs jumping ship to do indie projects so they can actually make the game they want, and not be forced to make the one investors want.

in PvP

Posted by: julll.7024

julll.7024

Idk what dev teams and marketers have in mind… There’s a huge community fans on many forums that yell to see a game similar from GW1 : PvP, GvG, Arenas, TV, Lot of skills and theory crafting. Its 10 times less development consuming to make a pvp game than a pve game: MOBAs are the new thing and drive a HUGE community of fans, because its pvp only and very well done.

So why not make a RPG ARENA game like GW1 focusing only on PvP using the same formula? It’s crazy, theres NO game like this and people ask for it. If Anet don’t care anymore, I’d love to see anyone else make a kickstarter. I’m 30 now with a job, like old my budies from GW1 and we would easely pay 100 euros to see a game like this.

So the market is here, players are asking for it… This is the basis from any marketing lesson: give people what they want, get money from it.

Stop reinventing the wheel.

in PvP

julll.7024

I was just considering the KICKSTARTER project of a game like GW1 would be a really…good…idea… seriously….

in PvP

julll.7024

Got the name: “Guilds Arena”
Sounds kittening awesome.

in PvP

Zepidel.5349

I was just considering the KICKSTARTER project of a game like GW1 would be a really…good…idea… seriously….

http://camelotunchained.com

It’s DAoC, but a PvP focused MMORPG. It’s going to suck if it fails, will set a bad precedent for indie/crowd funded niche games.

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

Sad, but true.

PvP is considered a niche, Themeparks are a lot safer. Modern MMO’s are pushing 100-300 million dollar budget, developers have less control over what gets put into a game. Everything Anet comes up with probably has to be approved by NC Soft which looks at it from a monetary side, “Is this going to increase our market share / user base?”

Hardcore PvP/PvE elements decrease market share, and is why we probably dont see any in GW2. And why WoW is adding things like LFR. The future of MMO’s seems to be watered down crap that everyone can play/stomach, but no more games targeted at a certain group of people that they will really enjoy, while others steer clear.

It’s just taking the path of least resistance, and catering to the lowest common denominator. And is why you see a lot of big name devs jumping ship to do indie projects so they can actually make the game they want, and not be forced to make the one investors want.

I know that NCSoft decides how much money they spend into GW2 and for what this money has to be used.
However, it’s not just the lack of PvP content, it is also alot about the frequency & quality of bugfixes and balance updates.
In addition, I’m pretty sure that a lot of players purchased GW2, because of its PvP.
In “common” MMOs, PvP might be more some kind of niche, but what about LoL or Dota?
I don’t play those games, but as far as I know, they are pretty successfull. Or stuff like Battlefield, CS or CoD.
None of those is a “true” MMO, the first ones are MOBAs, the second ones are shooters, but both show, that there are a lot of ppl interested in PvP. You just have to create a good environment. Not to mention that due to “every one is equal in the mists” (R.I.P since April 15th.), GW2 doesn’t feature the MMO-PvP-typical Gear advantages.

in PvP

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Gw1 PvP was better than Gw2 on so many levels. If there weren’t so little players on it now I would never even have bought Gw2.

Anyways.. Gw2 is still somewhat enjoyable (at times).

in PvP

Zepidel.5349

Sad, but true.

I know that NCSoft decides how much money they spend into GW2 and for what this money has to be used.
However, it’s not just the lack of PvP content, it is also alot about the frequency & quality of bugfixes and balance updates.
In addition, I’m pretty sure that a lot of players purchased GW2, because of its PvP.
In “common” MMOs, PvP might be more some kind of niche, but what about LoL or Dota?
I don’t play those games, but as far as I know, they are pretty successfull. Or stuff like Battlefield, CS or CoD.
None of those is a “true” MMO, the first ones are MOBAs, the second ones are shooters, but both show, that there are a lot of ppl interested in PvP. You just have to create a good environment. Not to mention that due to “every one is equal in the mists” (R.I.P since April 15th.), GW2 doesn’t feature the MMO-PvP-typical Gear advantages.

LoL is dota with training wheels, its dumbed down to cater to casuals, however it was what really exploded the dota clone / moba scene. HoN was the 1st “true” successor to dota, but because it wasn’t dumbed down or F2P it didn’t take off anywhere near as much as LoL, same for games like demigod etc…

The reason why moba and shooters are so prevalent is because they are just pick up and play games, mobas you only have to dedicate 1hr at a time, shooters even less. There is no grinding involved (unless you play LoL) or attachment to a character. The time investment in an MMORPG is huge in comparison, so finding a market is a lot harder. You cant just pick up GW2 and play it for an hour or two and see even a fraction of whats going on, and the mechanics involved in hotbar combat with lots of branching trait/spec lines is much more harder to grasp than a gun loadout or managing 4 skills, and how you should interact with your team and knowing the other teams heroes and what they can do.

in PvP

Lian Olsam.9541

i dont understand why anet doesent focus on it, it’s pretty easy onestly…
microsoft had understood the start button is important and they will replace in the next update, so there is no blame for mistake, just give to the customer what they want…
1) you already make the death match and ctf arena you showed us in some streaming
2)you should split and remove all those ai from spvp
3)you should give us duel or 2v2

you can do all of this tomorrow… and make us happy… maybe the 3th point of my first post (classes and roles) its hard to do it faster, and i know you dont like it, but i think should be nice with the pve/pvp splitting

dont let pvp die, the “pro” players is ever the same guys, nothing is grown in those community, and alot of good players and team already left the game (ie team paradigm/curse) need a fast revisitation, something strong, not just a new game mode, we need an earthquake with our suggestions

in PvP

Posted by: likrant.7914

likrant.7914

yes, it would not hurt some new ways to match pvp: capture the flag, tower defense, duels or 2vs2. For the latter two, they would not even require any special mechanical, only one arena suits the purpose.

in PvP

EverythingEnds.4261

The reason why moba and shooters are so prevalent is because they are just pick up and play games, mobas you only have to dedicate 1hr at a time, shooters even less. There is no grinding involved (unless you play LoL) or attachment to a character. The time investment in an MMORPG is huge in comparison, so finding a market is a lot harder. You cant just pick up GW2 and play it for an hour or two and see even a fraction of whats going on, and the mechanics involved in hotbar combat with lots of branching trait/spec lines is much more harder to grasp than a gun loadout or managing 4 skills, and how you should interact with your team and knowing the other teams heroes and what they can do.

The first part might be true for an MMO, but it is different with the spvp part of GW2.
At least in the past you got complete access to every kind of weapons, stats and traits when you entered the mists.
The only problem might be the “big” amount of possible skill/weapon/stat/trait combos.
On the other hand, I once wanted to try out Dota, or Lol, but i got scared of the hundreads of heroes available.

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

in PvP

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

We already have that… It’s just not called Guild Wars
http://camelotunchained.com/

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain