1-11-13 Maguuma vs. Borlis Pass/Devona's Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Oozo.7856

Oozo.7856

Also check out my ELITE -=:420:=- 360noscope [MLG] 1v1 video from this week’s matchup.

I tried to make a crit build necro once for SPVP… I failed miserably. I liked the video, makes me want to try my necro again.

Very nice video. The problem with power necro in sPvP is that the gear available kind of forces you to go full glass cannon. In WvW, you can customize your gear, use food and oil, etc to give you solid damage with some ability to take hits (using plague form can really help here as well).

Power necro can be really good in small scale fights, but the main weakness they have in larger fights is that they don’t do splash/cleave damage on autoattack (and many other attacks). Once the AoE CDs are down it’s all single target.

[Anonymous Defender] on Youtube
Solo & Roaming Group WvW Movies

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Thanks for the responses. I think Necro has a lot of potential as a solo class. It will be interesting to see how the rumored changes to DS affect that.

I don’t think I saw much noncrit hits in that video.

My crit is something like 61%, plus the 5% from my MH sigil and whatever I have from the OH perception sigil. I also have pretty decent access to fury, so getting >90% is definitely a possibility.

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

lol I just wanted to post that whoever thinks it is directed at them chances are it is.

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

Thanks for the responses. I think Necro has a lot of potential as a solo class. It will be interesting to see how the rumored changes to DS affect that.

I don’t think I saw much noncrit hits in that video.

My crit is something like 61%, plus the 5% from my MH sigil and whatever I have from the OH perception sigil. I also have pretty decent access to fury, so getting >90% is definitely a possibility.

Are you using the vampiric precisions trait and is it effective?

I run a power/tough/vit necro build and I’m a tank with good dps. I’m considering losing some vit for more precision and taking vampiric precision.

Ninein
-Maguuma

(edited by Ninein.4782)

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Really well played, but I’d get so frustrated trying to solo without being able to stomp. You kept downing people left and right, but no stability.

Necro can get 3 seconds of stability when they go into deathshroud and then stomp (or revive) as they enable DS to shroudstomp with stability. I haven’t played my necro in a while, so they may or may not done something to stop that.

in WvW

Ninein.4782

Necro has several fears that help stops people from reviving and gives you more time to stomp as well.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: JRemington.3780

JRemington.3780

Looking forward to the changes on server transfers – as an active WvWer on BP I have seen some of our more active WvW guilds transfer in whole to our opponents that week (KREW to DB or WAR to Mags). I think fee transfers will help stabilize rankings, because as it stands our current server population on BP that attends WvW isn’t anything close to what we were bringing to the table when we moved up. No one wants to fight one sided matches least of all us losers, but currently there is no way to rebalance after a server loses WvW player populations other than going through 2-4 weeks of brutal losses. Fees will hopefully stop the glory hunters from jumping about and make rankings more meaningful in the long term – right now its just a week to week thing based on whoever you can field atm.

P.s. – Kalkz I do so ever enjoy killing you because you’re the only commander I can easily pick out of the crowd with that shield

in WvW

Posted by: Nilgoow.1037

Nilgoow.1037

Are you using the vampiric precisions trait and is it effective?

I’ve used it a lot, but I’m on the fence as to whether it’s worth taking over the Greater Marks and Mark of Evasion traits. The individual lifesteal for each hit is fairly small but they really add up over a long fight. If I had lower crit or wanted to rely more on staff I don’t think I’d bother because giant marks are really powerful.

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Necro has several fears that help stops people from reviving and gives you more time to stomp as well.

The fears don’t help prevent the person who is on the ground interrupting you and are on lengthy cooldowns. The only decent options are to use stability and deathshroud to stomp or the blind field (which the movie author uses at least once iirc).

in WvW

Posted by: jvanhorsen.2063

jvanhorsen.2063

I don’t get why everyone is getting bent by this Jessy Cox, sucker. Sure he prematurely objected to how Goon was handling their junk. It’s not like what he spit out all over youtube was more than a mouthful anyhow. He laid it on a bit thick, I agree but im sure once he got it off his chest he knew he probably blew an opportunity to turn around and take it back. I say hands off, and let him shake it out on his own.

I have to admit I went rigid when I first heard his rants, proceeding to shake my fist and unload on everybody. However, after a few minutes I had a smoke and relaxed , falling limply into self assurance that everything will be ok. To be sure, it’s quite a mess, but I am sure Jessy will have no problem sucking it up, and making things right.

[SFD]Raps Callion – Thief :: Maguuma

in WvW

Oozo.7856

Why are the Maguuma [GOONS] getting so upset about this. He was clearly talking about the Devona’s Rest [GOONS]. cough

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

Why are the Maguuma [GOONS] getting so upset about this. He was clearly talking about the Devona’s Rest [GOONS]. cough

Am I the only person who, when they talk about “[GOONS]” starts thinking:

“HEY YOU GUYYYYYYYYS!!!!!” and Superman?

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Yes, because the former is The Goonies, not The Goons.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

I don’t really care for Stiffler. but I liked the movie Goon for some reason.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Xthnru.2079

Xthnru.2079

I see some of you are new to Goon gimmick-posting, and our rather oddball sense of humor.

in WvW

Posted by: Sumwun.3846

Sumwun.3846

I don’t get why everyone is getting bent by this Jessy Cox, sucker. Sure he prematurely objected to how Goon was handling their junk. It’s not like what he spit out all over youtube was more than a mouthful anyhow. He laid it on a bit thick, I agree but im sure once he got it off his chest he knew he probably blew an opportunity to turn around and take it back. I say hands off, and let him shake it out on his own.

I have to admit I went rigid when I first heard his rants, proceeding to shake my fist and unload on everybody. However, after a few minutes I had a smoke and relaxed , falling limply into self assurance that everything will be ok. To be sure, it’s quite a mess, but I am sure Jessy will have no problem sucking it up, and making things right.

It’s going to take a stiff upper lip, but I think you hit it right on the spot.

Yorgy/Rumblestrip
Yak’s Bend.

in WvW

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

A few OG ran with WäR the other night, we were tearing things up.

lol

in WvW

Posted by: jvanhorsen.2063

jvanhorsen.2063

I fear our paths are not meant to cross for long. I may never know. I will be somewhat upset that nobody ever saw all my ejactulatory comments nestled in this thread

I was surprised there was such little praise for such eloquent prose. I stood erect from the bush of lurking to salute you.

[SFD]Raps Callion – Thief :: Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Darwinism.8619

Darwinism.8619

Finally looks like there may be some server stability coming with transfers!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Firstly, we’ll be adding paid server transfers, with time limitations and WvW restrictions, and guestingability, which allows players to visit friends on other servers in every part of the game except for WvW. To encourage players to stick with a single server for WvW and fight for the pride of that server, server changes will incur a fee and have time limitations.

sigh
Here it comes… a final test of Server Loyalty… there is one thing for certain…
“When the ‘Kitten’… Hits the Fan… it will Not be Evenly Distributed…”

justsay’n

Technically… I’m a humble person, really… I’m actually much greater than I think I am…

Attachments:

Darwin Ism(HumanThief) Thin The Herd(HumanMezmer) Abuzz Kill(AsuranD/D Ele)
[PRO] World Defender

(edited by Darwinism.8619)

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

This was the assault on Borliss Pass garrison on friday, I challenge anyone to find more than one or two GOONs or a person hacking in this video, Mr Cox, before your go running your mouth about people cheating you might want to consider someone ALWAYS has fraps running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXCJzhNG9Zk

wait… what are you trying to show off in this video?

building a bunch of golems on a non-upgraded keep that is 100% empty of all supplies because the servers have just opened.. it it was the first thing you guys attacked?

nothing to new to see here.

Read the post…it kind of gives the entire reason for posting the video.

Indeed, if I had been able to cover the assault from the viewpoint of both groups, or been able to produce a quality, entertaining video like the guys from AD, WäR or SM this video would have been on the first page friday night. You are so kitten that you failed to defend your garrison that you’ve had a momentary lapse in reading comprehension. The whole point of the video was to challenge Jesse Cox’s half-kittened idea that GOONs hacked at the opening of the match. The video also clearly shows a terrible lack of defenders at your garrison, next time defend more, kitten less.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I’ll be fair, I didn’t really think about it, but that video is actually not really counter-evidence anyway. The dude made the accusations during the first match, not the second one. I requested evidence and someone even pointed him my way later that night but he never got it or intentionally ignored it. I don’t know why it didn’t surface until this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Vigrith.8136

Vigrith.8136

Gotta love this crap, just transfer already.

Attachments:

Vig of [dO]

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Ya because people across servers shouldn’t be allowed to be friends. What the heck is your problem with them? If you think they are spying it’s not like they need to be in the same spot to do it. We had a guy on our server in a primarily Ehmry guild for a long time with little problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Truearrow.3527

Truearrow.3527

I’ll be fair, I didn’t really think about it, but that video is actually not really counter-evidence anyway. The dude made the accusations during the first match, not the second one. I requested evidence and someone even pointed him my way later that night but he never got it or intentionally ignored it. I don’t know why it didn’t surface until this week.

Of that I was not aware, the guys in mumble where saying it was in reference to the Jan 11 reset.

Embrace the Evil [TIE][PYRO] Maguuma

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Of that I was not aware, the guys in mumble where saying it was in reference to the Jan 11 reset.

It was not. I am 100% sure of that.

in WvW

Posted by: Roughneck.2509

Roughneck.2509

I think it’s funny that he is incapable of spelling either his first or last name correctly.

in WvW

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Like I said in all chat, I was off for a few days and was going to do a few friendly duels with my guild mates before I transfered, since I had a fun time doing that the previous evening. Not sure what you are trying to point out in the screenshot other than that. If the matchup were even remotely close and it seemed like people were reacting to things in your chat, feel free to get suspicious.

But rest assured, I went ahead and transfered off, because far be it for people to be calm and relaxed in a video game. Lets all assume my full time job is lashing out at a server I had a good experience on.

in WvW

Posted by: JRemington.3780

JRemington.3780

I’m all good with people transferring – but the whole transfer to the server that plays you that week is kind of lame – two matches in a row now with DB and then Mags….

in WvW

Posted by: Pentzski.4620

Pentzski.4620

I gotta say, out of all the matchups, Maguuma is probably my favourite to fight. They run around naked beating people with sticks while capping. They do it with class and hilarity. Good show

Lilliàna – Mesmer
Leader of Nameless Accord [NA]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

I gotta say, out of all the matchups, Maguuma is probably my favourite to fight. They run around naked beating people with sticks while capping. They do it with class and hilarity. Good show

Sounds like I missed a round of Caveman capping, or Pro Magnon

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Don’t worry, I got the whole thing on video.

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Stop having fun without me, jerks.

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

It’s not so much ‘getting bent’ as it is flat out making fun of him for making up idiotic conspiracies about goonie hackers as an excuse for being clueless and terrible.

Yeah… he was pretty much 1000% wrong. I’ve never seen a GOON hack or even exploit, and even if I did, there’s like 10-15 active GOONs on nights other than reset.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Glad to see more people are starting to use videos now, makes thing so much more entertaining.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Ninein.4782

what do you guys use to record videos.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: sweetbutt.3721

sweetbutt.3721

Just cause Maguuma never has the outmanned buff. etc

Also to the 15 people it took to kill me at north supply on DRBL a couple minutes ago, sending in your thieves first is a bad move.. they don’t stand a chance.

Don’t ever take a screen shot with my rebreather on again, mister!

in WvW

Posted by: Fiction.6418

Fiction.6418

Just cause Maguuma never has the outmanned buff. etc

Also to the 15 people it took to kill me at north supply on DRBL a couple minutes ago, sending in your thieves first is a bad move.. they don’t stand a chance.

Don’t ever take a screen shot with my rebreather on again, mister!

Yes Ma’am!!

Evidence – 80Asura Thief | Skáldskap 80Human Guardian | Pirateking 80Human Mesmer
Pvp Inc. [PvP]
Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

what do you guys use to record videos.

fraps is what i use.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

We had fun too, glad you enjoyed it. We were trying to get the pubs not to attack so we could all have a party together. But you know, pubs will be pubs. I hope Rebel includes the part where we took Garrison and wiped who ever it was we were fighting in an open field with said naked people.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: Wizardauz.3761

Wizardauz.3761

If you want a free high quailty recording program. You can use Enjin Clients video recorder. Enjin is made for gamers… suprised more people havent heard about it.

Lets you adjust video quailty rates, fps, and all that good stuff. The recording tool even attaches itself in-game. so you dont need to Alt+Tab to start frapsing or any of that.

Did i mention free?

Ehmry Bay – Good Fights Guild Leader
Lvl 80 Sylvari Guardian – Tzenjin [GF]
Lvl 80 Human Elementalist – Tzenkai [GF]

in WvW

Ninein.4782

If you want a free high quailty recording program. You can use Enjin Clients video recorder. Enjin is made for gamers… suprised more people havent heard about it.

Lets you adjust video quailty rates, fps, and all that good stuff. The recording tool even attaches itself in-game. so you dont need to Alt+Tab to start frapsing or any of that.

Did i mention free?

Neat, free fits into my budget nicely!

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Fraeg.9837

Fraeg.9837

Also check out my ELITE -=:420:=- 360noscope [MLG] 1v1 video from this week’s matchup.

Really well played, but I’d get so frustrated trying to solo without being able to stomp. You kept downing people left and right, but no stability.

Can’t watch vid on my iPhone, but most solo power/ crit. Necros trait for 3 seconds of stability when we go into death shroud so that we can shadow stomp. Looking forward to watch this vid when I get home

edit looks like several folks already addressed the shroudstomp/stability

Great Vid, I am enjoying it. I am so attached to spectral walk, but the mobility of Signet of Locust is tempting. Saw some new tricks for me to tinker with. By chance where you out in EB last night 12am – 1am running solo? if so we might have spared a few times.

Anyways great video, you have some sweet Necro chops.

Wyverz – Asura – Mesmer
Xynobia – Asura – Necro
|Gnaw| |BB| |dO| |SOUL| – NSP

(edited by Fraeg.9837)

in WvW

Posted by: Mortalitas.9710

Mortalitas.9710

So tonight in DR borderlands it seems everyone from DR showed up. Guess you guys wanted your map back? Overall fun though, the fight that started the War outside of SW keep, was 8 of us against 20 of you.
That’s when we started calling in guild mates ( thanks all my guildies from RMNT ) it soon went from 20- 20 then outside West keep escalated to a full on War.
I’m pretty sure by time I left it was easily 50-50 fighting it out on the map.
Thanks to BlackThorne and my other guildie missed your name sorry was fun beating DR around at Garrison steps. Good fight DR was a highlight of the week in fun

E. BlackThorn Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Naomi.5372

Naomi.5372

I would just like to personally thank Klunk the Unworthy & Maguuma Mesmer Mafia [TriM] for all the help and lessons tonight. Truly a great personality and a wonderful leader. <3

Much love and respect to Maguuma, even tho you kicked our kitten for 2 weeks.

~ Xoxo

in WvW

Posted by: Kalkz.5297

Kalkz.5297

P.s. – Kalkz I do so ever enjoy killing you because you’re the only commander I can easily pick out of the crowd with that shield

i knew this shield will bring me troubles T______T

Borlis Pass Commander Kalkz [BS]
Original Former of Borlis Savers
Leader Of : http://youtube.com/kaotichq

in WvW

Posted by: tas.6310

tas.6310

So… popped SM open for everyone. Hope ya’ll enjoy feasting over it!

Guild Master of Waiting for Death [WFD]
Deltona/Varlen – Commander for Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Rhoto.8791

Rhoto.8791

Me and skeezy running an ele/thief duo. All the footage was recorded last week. For those that would like to watch, enjoy =)

Chipsu – Elementalist
Maguuma [SWäG]
Original [OG] (good times)

in WvW

Posted by: testpig.5018

testpig.5018

Rough times in EB tonight… we were able to flip SM, and take back a bunch of our lands.. then DR takes a bunch of our lands.

Then Mags troops show up in bulk. outmanned buff for the past 2 hours! Had a few nice open field fights, but the pug can only do so much against some of those zerg guilds.

getting hit in borlis and eb, our troops can only be spread so thin. We surrend EB to the zerg.

in WvW

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Doll finisher, be very afraid.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: KwayZee.5742

KwayZee.5742

You know at first I had respect for Maguuma, but seeing the amount of spies they is ridiculous.. I mean even after winning by so MUCH. You resort to spies to still make the game easy.. thats crazy…

KwayZeee -=[ 80 Asuran Thief ]=-
[PRO] Commander
DragonBrand