1-11-13 SoS vs JQ vs BG redux

in WvW

Posted by: transtemporal.2158

transtemporal.2158

Tier 1 has been a blast for HB so far. We knew we would get alot of heat for our video, and we are loving every second of it.

I gotta say, the video had me thinking you guys were all talk but you played ferociously in EB yesterday and you put your money where your mouth is, so respect.

in WvW

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

To the BG who was just in the attack on Hills in your borderlands, and who fell off the cliff on the south side and died from the fall:

When I laughed at you it wasn’t necessarily directed at you. There were several people in your group both north at the Trebs and then south when you guys got in who were doing /laugh and /beckon (especially when some of our attempts at taking out your trebs failed). It striked me as having a bad attitude, so I was simply returning the favor. If you were one of those people, it WAS meant for you (you really should’t beckon/laugh if in the end you wipe). But if it WASN"T you, then please ignore. It was intended for others.

In any case, great battle over the past couple hours around Hills in BGBL. It’s been fun. You guys have tried all sorts of things (Omega golem, trebs from south and north etc…) and we are barely surviving with our crew.

in WvW

transtemporal.2158

You do know how three way fights work right? It is always a 2v1.

There’s a difference between 1v1v1 and 2v1. If all three servers are constantly fighting on both fronts, then it’s a 1v1v1. If two servers are primarily focusing their efforts on one server, however, then it’s not quite the same (from their perspectives).

We know that. What FriendlyFire was saying still holds. It is always a 2v1.

And it’s not based on whose feelings were hurt by a video, or beating up the new kid. There is a logic to it.

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

To the [AoS] Warrior with Twilight at Blackgate Hills, you can keep running away and /laughing all you want, but nothing can erase the fact that it took 3 JQ to come down and save you from the 1v1 you initiated, lost, fled, then taunted. Stay classy!

with <3,s

The ranger

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

(edited by GekoHayate.2451)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

To the [AoS] Warrior with Twilight at Blackgate Hills, you can keep running away and /laughing all you want, but nothing can erase the fact that it took 3 JQ to come down and save you from the 1v1 you initiated, lost, fled, then taunted. Stay classy!

with <3,s

The ranger

Can’t really say stay classy if your taunting them on a forum lol.

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

Whoever said that 2&3 should be 2v1-ing against 1st place was absolutely correct. Take points from 1st place, or you’ll never move up in rating points. BG kinnnda seemed to learn this after a few days. At least, more than SBI in the final weeks, and well, look at where they are now. Ahem.

The fight on a whole is more interesting when all 3 servers are playing, and every server in the tier is gonna have the 2v1 focused on them at some point. The key is holding control over it, and directing it where you want it to go. I was worried for a while there that BG would just stop after the weekend was over, and they moved to 3rd, and I’m happy to see that didn’t happen. Walking into a fully upgraded keep and taking it with no resistance—which happened over the last 2 weeks we had SBI around— is fun for like 5 mins, but you’re really just thinking… seriously, are you not even going to try?

Overall, I think all 3 servers were thankful for the shakeup this week. Have to learn new tactics, deal with different opponents in different time zones, and yeah… it’s been great fun.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Posted by: Sunspots.9861

Sunspots.9861

BG shoud be fighting for second place. Any third place team that is new to a bracket that isn’t clawing and fighting for any success they can get would be foolish. If I played for BG I’d be squeezing the crap out of JQ at all hours because the best way to change the horizon of the T1 landscape is to first take JQ out of the picture. I have no horse in this race, but I do see things shaking up soon.

Auburn Skies – Retired- Ranger of [PiNK]
When wvw was still fun feat. [PiNK]

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

BG shoud be fighting for second place. Any third place team that is new to a bracket that isn’t clawing and fighting for any success they can get would be foolish. If I played for BG I’d be squeezing the crap out of JQ at all hours because the best way to change the horizon of the T1 landscape is to first take JQ out of the picture. I have no horse in this race, but I do see things shaking up soon.

You can take 2nd place by squeezing PPT out of the leader too, while tightening the score at the same time thus leeching off their rating if you don’t manage 2nd. Win win. Just because a server is in 2nd place doesn’t always make them a softer target.

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

You can take 2nd place by squeezing PPT out of the leader too, while tightening the score at the same time thus leeching off their rating if you don’t manage 2nd. Win win. Just because a server is in 2nd place doesn’t always make them a softer target.

Acording with some Jahn or whatever he was called, that kept posting how BG wasn’t going to go T1 because of the way we played in T2, Both #2 and #3 should attack the leader if they want to move up… And since the score is based on the gap between your server and the top server, that does really make sense… Narrowing that gap would make SoS lose points, JQ moving to #1 and BG to #2 (that’s if both servers leech enough rating from SoS). Attacking JQ would only give rating to SoS for widening the gap between #1 and #2…

I think it was somenthing like that… I don’t really bother understanding how that flawed system work.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

Bingo

A server finally figured out our secret. You dont stay in t1 by playing for second place.

Acording with some Jahn or whatever he was called, that kept posting how BG wasn’t going to go T1 because of the way we played in T2, Both #2 and #3 should attack the leader if they want to move up… And since the score is based on the gap between your server and the top server, that does really make sense… Narrowing that gap would make SoS lose points, JQ moving to #1 and BG to #2 (that’s if both servers leech enough rating from SoS). Attacking JQ would only give rating to SoS for widening the gap between #1 and #2…

I think it was somenthing like that… I don’t really bother understanding how that flawed system work.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: Mance.5640

Mance.5640

^
The scoring system treats each server as a separate match versus the other.

For example BG taking JQ’s points doesn’t help BG ratings, it helps SoS ratings as it makes the SoS vs JQ matchup more in favor of SoS and etc etc. This is done in an effort to PROMOTE 2v1 on the top server. This is WHY we have a WvWvW system of 3 realms.

So once BG settles into T1 and the novelty of fighting a new opponent wears off for JQ. Both servers should secure their home BL’s, and fight it out over SoS BL and EB. Thus ensuring future losses for SoS and ludicrous fights like we had yesterday in SoS BL garrison.

(Also did Jedah’s say he was humble a couple posts up? Speaking of ludicrous…lol)

Mance Malhavoc
Shadow Gypsies

Mance Khan – Shadow Gypsies – Jade Quarry
“a friend of death, a brother of luck, and a s.o.b.”
http://youtu.be/wpoQk2OnbJs [SG since ’99]

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I am so annoyed with BG! They defend every single supply camp they have and so I cannot ninja them anymore! ARGH! Let me ninja!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Posted by: GekoHayate.2451

GekoHayate.2451

I am so annoyed with BG! They defend every single supply camp they have and so I cannot ninja them anymore! ARGH! Let me ninja!

Do you hum your theme song when you ninja camps?

Havroun of Karp – Disciples of Magikarp [Karp]

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Ratings are trivial. BG is number 3 and can only go up by being number 2 or number 1. You make JQ softer by never removing your foot from their necks. You push them even when they are the harder target because when SoS sees JQ being pushed, they are forced to push too, truly making them the softer target. Next JQ wonders if they are the victims of the 2v1 when you ignore SoS’s growing point total to smash them harder. Then how does JQ react to losing their easy number 2 spot? That remains to be seen. Not many servers just casually accept being knocked from 2 to 3 and start to wonder if they aren’t really headed to number 4.

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

kittens about to get real on SoS tomorrow, you heard it here first t1

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Posted by: Nuked.2360

Nuked.2360

Ratings are trivial. BG is number 3 and can only go up by being number 2 or number 1. You make JQ softer by never removing your foot from their necks. You push them even when they are the harder target because when SoS sees JQ being pushed, they are forced to push too, truly making them the softer target. Next JQ wonders if they are the victims of the 2v1 when you ignore SoS’s growing point total to smash them harder. Then how does JQ react to losing their easy number 2 spot? That remains to be seen. Not many servers just casually accept being knocked from 2 to 3 and start to wonder if they aren’t really headed to number 4.

JQ has been 1st,2nd,3rd, 4th we don’t crumble because we fall a rank. We’ve fallen to third went to first went to second held second. It’s part of the Tier 1 life. I don’t really see the point of the post given you don’t know much of the JQ history but i’ll leave a link to our history @ Millenium

http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/29/#history

Destructive Nuked|ascending-redemption.enjin.com|AR Driver/Leader

in WvW

Liquid.9672

Oh you guys are finally having your bake sale? I’ve been waiting forever for that! I’m gonna stock up on some cookies and maybe a pie or two. Sweet.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

transtemporal.2158

You would be crazy to go after SoS for your PPT, we’re too strong in your timezone. Get them off JQ, yeah yeah.

in WvW

Mance.5640

Sunspots, you know all of this T1 play from playing on TC? Also you obviously don’t know anything about JQ.

BG and JQ have to work in tandem to bring down the current big dog. The math is simple. Neither one of us field the #‘s to do it alone. So we have to play smarter, and smash them. We saw this yesterday alot. And truthfully I don’t think SoS cares, they finally have some big equal # epic fights going on, and they don’t have to feel as zergy.

Also JQ isn’t into it’s prime time of the week yet, that starts tonight. You will see why SoS trys so hard to at least get a 20-30k lead on us by Wednesday. =)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Sunspots, you know all of this T1 play from playing on TC? Also you obviously don’t know anything about JQ.

Also, if that’s how TC play on T2, it’s no wonder SoR complained so much about being pushed by BG/TC and TC still on 3rd…

But that’s just my opinion…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Oh you guys are finally having your bake sale? I’ve been waiting forever for that! I’m gonna stock up on some cookies and maybe a pie or two. Sweet.

Wonder if they’ll have anything tasty like a dip to go with their badges? Got quite a few of them now and hopefully one day soon I’ll have a use for them!

Score check for those of us living the corporate dream of being stuck in the office.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Sunspots.9861

Untill free transfers are a thing of the past, server rankings will always be boosted by the pitfalls of confidence and fear. Jedahs knows quite well the virtue of playing a psychological game over simply a video game battle, and I can’t help but smirk at the smirk he must wear nightly. I spoke not as someone who cares what happens, but as someone generally surprised at the reaction to those who roll their eyes at playing for second. Third place is a lot harder spot to be in than second week after week.

Anyways, things will change greatly on the 28th, as we all know, and it remains to be seen how that will shuffle or stagnate the ebb and flow of server rankings. Will people pay to bandwagon? They might.

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

this match has been interesting with each server taking the PPT lead at their strongest time zone.

It’s going to be a close finish if things continue the way they are currently. Only if you managed to stop us (SoS) from gaining the early advantage things would be even closer, and more interesting.

in WvW

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

far out, is SoS going to win again?

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in WvW

Liquid.9672

far out, is SoS going to win again?

It’s not in the bag yet but pretty likely at this point. There’s still almost 48 hours left in the match though. I know BG will keep bringing it, and I’m sure JQ will as well.

[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Do you hum your theme song when you ninja camps?

You mean this one? O_O

“And if that mockingbird don’t sing and that ring don’t shine
I’mma break that birdies neck”

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in WvW

Thobek.1730

Hmmm looks like SoS needs to focus on JQ from now on. BG should do the same and close the margin.

in WvW

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

BG and JQ have to work in tandem to bring down the current big dog. The math is simple. Neither one of us field the #‘s to do it alone. So we have to play smarter, and smash them. We saw this yesterday alot. And truthfully I don’t think SoS cares, they finally have some big equal # epic fights going on, and they don’t have to feel as zergy.

Your prety much right. We’ve been enjoying some of the knock down drag out fights over the last few days even when takeing it from both of you guys togeather. Hell monday night JQ was downright tenatious and left me wondering where you got the numbers to hit us on so many fronts at once. While it can be prety frustrating geting ganged up on it beats the hell out of PvDoor. Those doors dont fight back too well.

in WvW

Posted by: Churchill.8714

Churchill.8714

You will see why SoS trys so hard to at least get a 20-30k lead on us by Wednesday. =)

This is because we like to kick back before reset.

in WvW

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

SoS has won a few matches now in Tier 1 but remember one match was by 3k.

Do not underestimate JQ. Many posters pretend only SoS can win tier 1 , they are very mistaken. JQ have experience, are very good at working the other sides and can muster the numbers when forced or desire peaks.

I have no doubt that BG will be working towards number 1 as well. All three teams have held PPT lead at various stages.

This week has seen some truly epic battles and win lose or draw it has been a lot of fun.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

in WvW

Mance.5640

I’m hoping that JQ and BG get alot of wvw’ers from the closing of free server transfers to address both their coverage issues vs SoS. Then we just have to add some jello to have continuous epic three ways!

in WvW

Posted by: zhonnika.1784

zhonnika.1784

One thing I love about JQ is that we really don’t give up, even when we’re losing hilariously. Take the past few nights. We keep getting rolled here and there, we had a few hours of fighting naked on purpose, we did crazy stuff. It was still a whole lot of fun. Keep everyone in a good mood, rally up the pugs, and goooo!

BG is definitely gonna work for #1, no doubt. I hope they do eventually get it, tbh. OH, btw, BG… WELL DONE on getting Hills back from us before SoS could get it. That was hilarious.

Kashmara – Elementalist | Reapermara – Necromancer
Jade Quarry
Onslaught [OnS]

in WvW

Thobek.1730

SoS has won a few matches now in Tier 1 but remember one match was by 3k.

yeah that is something of a concern. We tend to go full steam early in the week until we get a good lead then relax near the end when we feel comfortable. Its like the tortoise and the hare fable. 3k is too close for comfort.

in WvW

Posted by: JaredKincade.9761

JaredKincade.9761

zhonnika? That was me in command some of the most fun we’ve had in a long time. Thanks to all ICoa and BGBL pugs that kept the fight hard and followed me back and forth, and back and forth across the map all night tonight in BGBL.

We also had some very close calls at garrison as well. To the AGG Commander who double mesmer ported into our lords room, you owe me a new pair of pants.

Its funny, we started off with a bang at reset, with all 4 maps at full queue, and gained a lead. I just have no idea where the numbers have gone in our coverage, often we can’t fill 2 maps during primetimes.

I think our guilds are doing great, getting stronger, good commanders, at least the big ones are. Lots of medium sized guilds running strike teams, or defense/offense map sides. I just am not sure where our irregulars are after Saturday. Still Blackgate has a reputation of never quit, and the guilds are upholding that every day. Keep up the fight, we still gained rating this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Cinix.2135

Cinix.2135

Hey MERC you saw an ele from EF chasing a necro on JQ BL. The necro was from the guild EA you know what he was doing. Do us a favor and help report that stuff on your end.

in WvW

Posted by: vinLazy.7218

vinLazy.7218

I’m hoping that JQ and BG get alot of wvw’ers from the closing of free server transfers to address both their coverage issues vs SoS. Then we just have to add some jello to have continuous epic three ways!

jq: mance port us
mance: im a thief
haha

Attachments:

in WvW

Mance.5640

Omg, BG was chasing me around the lords room so much I could barely type or talk in TS, much less tell you all what you could go do to yourselves after accusing me of being a mezmer!

in WvW

JaredKincade.9761

You know what the most shocking part of that picture is?

A JQ commander at Greenbriar.

I KID I KID lol

in WvW

Mance.5640

Hehehehehe. You just don’t see us standing still there for long due to the massive SoS mobs. Wait a minute Jared?! You were 2v1ing us! Photo evidence!!! zomg!!

:p

Onto further news for JQ and BG: SoS is recruiting to fill “coverage gaps”…

in WvW

Thobek.1730

if you squeeze the leader then all you will get is retaliation from them, while 2nd place tries to create more of a distance between 2nd and 3rd. If BG were smart they would go after JQ while SoS tries to keep JQ from coming 1st. Then BG wouldn’t get doubled teamed and remain very close to 2nd place.

in WvW

Mance.5640

Roughly translated, if you play towards the #1 slot SoS will get really really really mad at you.

in WvW

Posted by: Barab.9016

Barab.9016

I’ve never seen a number one server so concerned about not getting attacked. Kinda weird and sad at the same time

if you squeeze the leader then all you will get is retaliation from them, while 2nd place tries to create more of a distance between 2nd and 3rd. If BG were smart they would go after JQ while SoS tries to keep JQ from coming 1st. Then BG wouldn’t get doubled teamed and remain very close to 2nd place.

Kurthos “When Jade Quarry awakens, they will ask themselves, when were we ever asleep?”

in WvW

Posted by: Synikal.9417

Synikal.9417

The vast majority of SoS folks that I have had the pleasure of working with are more then happy to have you folks 2 vs 1 us. It causes motivation and makes our population dig their heals in and fight harder.

So bring it on, and ignore the meek.

in WvW

Posted by: FriendlyFire.3604

FriendlyFire.3604

The whole ranking system is based upon how close Second and Third are to First and how consistent last weeks First place server was.

This is how it works.

in WvW

Posted by: Aieo.2815

Aieo.2815

Once again, go ahead and 2v1 us. It makes it more fun to outsmart y’all and recapture everything.

Sea of Sorrows > Jade Quarry > Sea of Sorrows
Effing rallybot

(edited by Aieo.2815)

in WvW

Posted by: hex.3218

hex.3218

Player A thinks about 2 v 1.

Player B logs in to fight.

Be player B.

Calm Little Buddy
JQQ

in WvW

Posted by: Ohai.8346

Ohai.8346

Welcome Never Die to SoS, finally we have asians!

[FoE] Fist of the Empire
www.FistoftheEmpire.org
10x Tier 1 Champions

in WvW

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

Been busy deleting my fraps files of sos vs jq, can’t have that sort of thing getting out.

I like how blackgate players just charge in and give no kittens, it’s refreshing

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in WvW

JaredKincade.9761

I think the reality is, the new breakout event has made it more undesirable for the bottom two teams to hit each others towers in the south. Why spend valuable time taking a t3 tower when they’ll just get 10 people to stand in one spot and get free supply and siege and take back that tower? Its forcing a 2v1 against yourself. So instead, each bottom team tends to go north, looking to double team the garrison.

Problem is, SoS does a great job keeping its borderlands undercontrol, so they don’t get 2v1 as much. And JQ hits back on BG first on its borderland because hey, BG doesn’t have the numbers to field 3 maps right now fully, there is usually only 15-20 at most on JQ BL, so BG gets kicked out of JQ BL first, and I don’t blame them.

So where does that leave BG? Trying to defend against JQ and SoS on our BL, being in the position that is set up for a 2v1 that other servers aren’t in because of the reasons I just said.

BG ends up doing most of its fighting on BGBL and EB, the 2v1 capital of the game (always has been).

If BG wants to pull out of this cycle, we have to get more forces on another map, use the structure of BL that encourages 2v1 against garrison team.

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

1v1, 2v1, 1v1v1…I just try to kill whoever is around me that’s not on my side.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]