1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: appledainty.8127

appledainty.8127

Wasn’t my guys dancing on you.

I told them to flash build siege and throw dead cows at you…don’t know if they did it or not but that was my advice to them.

That would have been more interesting at least
Shout out to FDIC. They have the highest number of kills on me for the night! four/five at least. I also have a good clip of HOPE picking up a firework from my dead body and setting it off on top of me.

Ellehnia – Mad Pirate Ranger
Team Dolyak [KH]

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Arcadio.6875

Arcadio.6875

Score update? 15char

Lord Arcadio
League Of Ascending Immortals [OATH]

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Evalana.5480

Evalana.5480

Here’s your Score update..

Attachments:

Indecisive Eva – Maguuma – [GS] Gun Squad
Looking for Guards, Warriors, & Mesmers!
Apply today at: http://tinyurl.com/gunsquad

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Here’s your Score update..

Thanks. Glad to see FA do well at this time. In the past, our population always vanished at 11pm EST. Last night didn’t give me much hope that our West Coast troubles would change, but this is relief. It’s really tough for us on the East Coast to take towers/keeps and start upgrading them only for the enemy to PvDoor them down the moment we go to bed. Then our Oceanics get on and have to take back everything.

Lord Arcadio

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Is it just me or did our zergs get even dumber than usual? I’ve seen them ignoring orders from commanders too many times today.

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Im Not Braxton.6283

Im Not Braxton.6283

Some great fights today.

Braxton The Ele – Elementalist
Blackgate – [GoF]

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Camo.7498

Camo.7498

New topic! Although it is hard to understand CD tactics at the moment.

FA honestly hasn’t surprised me. I expected them to out do CD with their new transfers and they have (up till now). It’s a great fight and there is no clear winner yet which is very exciting. I must say its hard to adjust from just rolling over everything to actually having resistance. I’ve had to dust off my tactics book a few times.

See you on the battlefield!

Commander Mighty Fig Newton – Sylvari Warrior
[UhOh] Procrastination Nation
Dragonbrand

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Take your time, everybody learns at different speeds.

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

FA honestly hasn’t surprised me. I expected them to out do CD with their new transfers and they have (up till now). It’s a great fight and there is no clear winner yet which is very exciting. I must say its hard to adjust from just rolling over everything to actually having resistance. I’ve had to dust off my tactics book a few times.

Yeah T3 and T4 are a world apart. We got into T3 by winning in a huge landslide against Darkhaven at their prime. This is our 10th week being stuck here and we are hoping to make this win our first victory, lol.

Lord Arcadio

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Camo.7498

Take your time, everybody learns at different speeds.

No I’ve learned what they are..just doesn’t make sense. After getting to inner SM and seeing CD had made It in earlier today. I basically told my guys, “ok leave the door, CD is going to come over here and attempted to wipe us.” And you did, TRY. In the middle of SM with FA attacking both of us from the inner wall. Granted our numbers were good enough we smacked the guys you sent and got back to work on the gate, but still.

Dragonbrand

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Volcanus.2756

Volcanus.2756

Yeah T3 and T4 are a world apart. We got into T3 by winning in a huge landslide against Darkhaven at their prime. This is our 10th week being stuck here and we are hoping to make this win our first victory, lol.

I remember that on DH, GoF was there. So was WE one of the guilds on DB now. It sucked seeing 50 something GODS outside a keep. Just glad we were able to get a little payback over the past 2 weeks. Whenever I see a GODS tag, its the first person I go after, all from that experience. Keep up the good work FA, ya’ll seem to have the guilds to back up your persistence now. But it’s just the weekend, the real challenge will lie in the weekdays. Now for CD, it seems we have more people coming out to play after last weeks win, and are spread out all over the place. Played about 3 hrs earlier today and saw soooo many new guild tags. I hate to lose, but if we do hopefully it will allow the real wvw guilds a chance to do there thing. And to DB welcome to the tier, hopefully this will also give maguuma and kaineng a taste of what its like when they make it here.

Burstz-Warrior
Damage Inc. [DI]
Isle of Janthir

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

appledainty.8127

Part two of Mr.Chaoticolin’s video of last week’s Yak Parade featuring the Spirit Yak. (which I believe can be achieved using a strawberry ghost, for anyone who would like to be a spirit yak in the next parade)

We now have some FA who are attending this coming Thursday’s parade. It would be great if some Dragon Brand joined the fray as well. Please feel free to mail me in game if you or your guild would like to attend. There will be a video of the parade followed by ending credits that feature my horrific yak deaths from tonight in FA BL, and instances of funny/confused sportsmanship between yak and invader/defenders.

Team Dolyak [KH]

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Furey.6734

Furey.6734

IRSyKo.5843

Stop crying about exploits and alliances,

It’s not happening

Uh huh. And if I say that to myself 3484 times, I might start believing it! =)

I doubt CD/FA has alliance but CD was being stupid on FA BL tonight. Instead of going for the east keep on their side they decided to stop our assault on the west keep. Therefore, we retaliated by taking their tower and their camp and left them with nothing also foiling their push on hills. Too bad it happened this way, we both could have had cozy keeps by now. Of course the real winner is FA on their BL tonight who ended up booting both of us off the map.

Or, you could ask whoever from your side who were sitting on Hills in our BL to help you go get some FoJ blood, claim T3 victory while you’re at it, and save the pointless rant.

Not sure what us having a keep in CD BL has to do with FA BL. I know FA had a keep there too. Either way, trying to kick us off an enemy borderland might not be as ingenious as you think. People still want to play WvW so guess where they went instead.

Commander Cristyn
Masters of Combat [Duel]
Dragonbrand

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Tarjaic.5269

Tarjaic.5269

Part two of Mr.Chaoticolin’s video of last week’s Yak Parade featuring the Spirit Yak. (which I believe can be achieved using a strawberry ghost, for anyone who would like to be a spirit yak in the next parade)

We now have some FA who are attending this coming Thursday’s parade. It would be great if some Dragon Brand joined the fray as well. Please feel free to mail me in game if you or your guild would like to attend. There will be a video of the parade followed by ending credits that feature my horrific yak deaths from tonight in FA BL, and instances of funny/confused sportsmanship between yak and invader/defenders.

I know some of my guild wants in so put us down for 20-30

Commander Edgar The Dyslexic
[EA] Elephant Ambush
DragonBrand

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

appledainty.8127

I know some of my guild wants in so put us down for 20-30

Awesome! I will send you a guild invite for the Team Dolyak miniguild It’s open invitation, so you can invite your guildies. If we see you wearing the DOLY tag or in animal form we’ll know you’re not hostile.

Also, if you’re in DOLY you can access our guildbank of free ruminant tonics, although I recommend buying some yourselves as well since that’s a lot of people! They are very inexpensive (10c last I checked)

Might need to send me your character name, though.

Team Dolyak [KH]

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

The Yak Parade sounds fun, I’ve always loved running around WvW as tonic animals

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

IRSyKo.5843

Stop crying about exploits and alliances,

It’s not happening

Uh huh. And if I say that to myself 3484 times, I might start believing it! =)

I doubt CD/FA has alliance but CD was being stupid on FA BL tonight. Instead of going for the east keep on their side they decided to stop our assault on the west keep. Therefore, we retaliated by taking their tower and their camp and left them with nothing also foiling their push on hills. Too bad it happened this way, we both could have had cozy keeps by now. Of course the real winner is FA on their BL tonight who ended up booting both of us off the map.

Or, you could ask whoever from your side who were sitting on Hills in our BL to help you go get some FoJ blood, claim T3 victory while you’re at it, and save the pointless rant.

Not sure what us having a keep in CD BL has to do with FA BL. I know FA had a keep there too. Either way, trying to kick us off an enemy borderland might not be as ingenious as you think. People still want to play WvW so guess where they went instead.

If I were to hazard a guess the group that did it likely did it out of retribution. I’m just saying, since in your post you clearly showed that points is your goal, you should reconcile that with the rest of your server. (That is, if you actually want it to happen.)

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

Hehe, hello GoF. Next time my thieves take down Phoenix don’t revive him. Every leader needs to die once in awhile.

Also, I appreciate the Siege Golem tombstone over my body.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

appledainty.8127

The Yak Parade sounds fun, I’ve always loved running around WvW as tonic animals

Feel free to mail me in game and I will invite you to the Team Dolyak miniguild Name is in my signature.

Team Dolyak [KH]

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Im Not Braxton.6283

Im Not Braxton.6283

Hehe, hello GoF. Next time my thieves take down Phoenix don’t revive him. Every leader needs to die once in awhile.

Also, I appreciate the Siege Golem tombstone over my body.

Haha nice seeing you guys again!

Braxton The Ele – Elementalist
Blackgate – [GoF]

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Sphinx.8091

Sphinx.8091

Can I get a score update pls?

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

Been a blast so far. Proud of Isle of Aspenwood doing work.

Score:
FA- 49089 +355
DB- 42843 +225
CD- 38098 +120

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

Score:
FA- 49089 +355
DB- 42843 +225
CD- 38098 +120

I like Fort Janthir better.

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Aytrix.4059

Aytrix.4059

Score:
FA- 49089 +355
DB- 42843 +225
CD- 38098 +120

I like Fort Janthir better.

Fort Janthir of Aspenwood Isle.

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

Jort Fapsenwood.

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Kagusaki.3176

Kagusaki.3176

Isort of Asanthwood sounds much cooler lol

Foreman Spur – Level 80 Charrior | Firefister – Level 80 Charrcromancer
The Legion of Charrs [TLC] – Fort Aspenwood’s Finest Charr Guild
You can’t spell Fur Affinity without FA! :3

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Murmanda.2894

Murmanda.2894

Perhaps

Asthir le Woodenjap?

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Camo.7498

Perhaps

Asthir le Woodenjap?

Lol I don’t think it matters. Honestly with all the transfers you guys got I’m kind of disappointed you are not further ahead.

On another note, big shout out to [BT] I believe it is? On FA. I know I seemed like your entire group was necro’s or mesmers and would insta-down my entire Zerg. Out of all the FA guilds I have to say you guys stand out as the most skilled to me.

Dragonbrand

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Gismor.8407

Gismor.8407

Dat yak parade. I didn’t know someone actually caught my voice in the video. Makes me self-conscious. >_<.

Not really, my voice is sexy.

[EK] Guild leader → Retired
Friend Gismor – 80 Revenant
“Always outnumbered, never outgunned.”

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Score and map update? I want to see how well everybody is doing. And I can’t remember, but…don’t we usually get taken to last on the weekend only to rush back up to 1st during the week?

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

Score and map update? I want to see how well everybody is doing. And I can’t remember, but…don’t we usually get taken to last on the weekend only to rush back up to 1st during the week?

Looking at the mos site, this doesn’t seem to be the case. I’ll look at our matches with IoJ.

Week 1: CD came out of the weekend in the lead. IoJ took the lead on Tuesday and kept it. CD came in third. Many players from CD have stated this week isn’t representative of their server since it was the holidays.

Week 2: CD started with the lead. IoJ took the lead mid-Sunday. CD took back the lead mid-Wednesday and kept it.

Week 3: CD started with a big lead, but the gap decreased and all three servers were very close from mid-Sunday to the end of Tuesday. IoJ and FA were fighting for second at that point allowing CD to gain.

Week 4: CD had a large lead the entire time. The gap between CD and FA decreased in the last day due to the transfers.

Based on the previous results, I don’t think we can predict how CD will perform throughout the week. We will just have to see.

Lord Arcadio

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Furey.6734

Furey.6734

If I were to hazard a guess the group that did it likely did it out of retribution. I’m just saying, since in your post you clearly showed that points is your goal, you should reconcile that with the rest of your server. (That is, if you actually want it to happen.)

I wasn’t commanding. I did suggest to retry the assault on the west keep, but people were kitten that CD came all the way to practically help defend FA from losing the keep so they wanted to do the same to you guys. Like I said the outcome turned bad for both servers. Hopefully something that was learned from it?

Commander Cristyn
Masters of Combat [Duel]
Dragonbrand

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Caliburn.1845

Caliburn.1845

The only real reason DB has a bit of a lead over CD so far, is because DB has held CD bl’s east keep since reset. Had that not occured it is very possible CD would be in second place right now.

Presumably CD will retake that keep at some point today(sunday), and stop or begin to close the gap in score.

Unfortunately for us on DB, that doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things, since beating CD does nothing for us(other than some pride I guess). DB has to beat FA to remain in tier 3.

If DB takes 2nd and FA takes 1st, we’re going to gain rating, but still drop a tier due to Maguuma’s metoric rise.

Caliburn.1845, Monsters Inc.
Darkhaven>Dragonbrand>Blackgate>Maguuma>Yaks Bend>Stormbluff Isle>Yaks Bend

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Araliun.5024

Araliun.5024

I wasn’t commanding. I did suggest to retry the assault on the west keep, but people were kitten that CD came all the way to practically help defend FA from losing the keep so they wanted to do the same to you guys. Like I said the outcome turned bad for both servers. Hopefully something that was learned from it?

I can assure you, and all of Dragonbrand, the following: 1) I’ve heard nothing but positive comments and feedback regarding DB’s performance so far in this matchup. We’ve seen sportsmanship and fair play. You have improved since our last match up, and it’s good to see that. We may be fighting for points to stay in the match right now but its a pleasure to have you in the Tier. 2) Crystal Desert has absolutely no love, no respect, no desire to assist or partner with FA. We hold total disrespect for FA. In time you may come to understand why, if not assuredly.

Leader – The IMPERIUM of LaZy NATION
lazyimperium.com

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Arcadio.6875

If DB takes 2nd and FA takes 1st, we’re going to gain rating, but still drop a tier due to Maguuma’s metoric rise.

You get the opportunity of stopping the Kaineng threat!

If you do drop, I will be cheering you on so we can have a rematch.

Crystal Desert has absolutely no love, no respect, no desire to assist or partner with FA. We hold total disrespect for FA. In time you may come to understand why, if not assuredly.

:)

Lord Arcadio

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I can assure you, and all of Dragonbrand, the following: 1) I’ve heard nothing but positive comments and feedback regarding DB’s performance so far in this matchup. We’ve seen sportsmanship and fair play. You have improved since our last match up, and it’s good to see that. We may be fighting for points to stay in the match right now but its a pleasure to have you in the Tier. 2) Crystal Desert has absolutely no love, no respect, no desire to assist or partner with FA. We hold total disrespect for FA. In time you may come to understand why, if not assuredly.

To add to this, we want DB to stay in this tier so you can help with Maguuma. Our server DESPISES Maguuma (for quite a few reasons that make them worse than FA in the majority’s eyes).

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Drae.3189

Drae.3189

This thread really should be called “1/18/13 CD/FA and IoJ/DB”. I know server transfers are kosher in-game and part of everything. But I have to express extreme dissapointment with all the large WvW guilds from IoJ that transferred to FA just before their server went down a bracket.
Hello [PRO], hello [OBEY]. Well hope you like FA cause your stuck for now and will need to pay to switch next time.
So if the name of the game this next week or so (till the 28th) is going to be about server transfers while they are still free…well…fine. We will play too.
The funniest part about this whole thing is that for the first few weeks of the last matchup, CD/FA/IoJ, their was much talk and rumors of FA and IoJ teaming up to attack CD’d map at exactly the same time every night. Rumors of friends/guilds actually splitting themselves over the two servers……and now the two servers have joined up…

I’m not saying anything you guys have done is wrong or against the rules or anything.
But when I go into WvW and see all the big IoJ guilds fighting along side FA now…glad your not on my server.

[GoF] Booty Kawl – Blackgate

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Diashame.6328

Diashame.6328

Drae didn’t your mum teach you that assumption only achieves making an kitten out of U and ME. Don’t go accusing IoJ guilds for hoping ship when you not have a clue why the guys left. If your interested in finding out pm me and I’ll take the time to explain.

Dia – [RET]
Fort Aspenwood – the PvP server

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Drae.3189

Drae didn’t your mum teach you that assumption only achieves making an kitten out of U and ME. Don’t go accusing IoJ guilds for hoping ship when you not have a clue why the guys left. If your interested in finding out pm me and I’ll take the time to explain.

Roflol, lol no thanks. And I didn’t make any assumtions. I talked about rumors and my opinion. And the FACT that many large IoJ guilds left for FA just before the reset… I have no interest in finding out what the “reasons” are. ANet allows it so go ahead. We can all play by these rules.

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.5024

Chris.5024

But I have to express extreme dissapointment with all the large WvW guilds from IoJ that transferred to FA just before their server went down a bracket.
Hello [PRO], hello [OBEY]. Well hope you like FA cause your stuck for now and will need to pay to switch next time.

I may have misunderstood what you meant, but PRO and OBEY have been on FA for months now.

These threads usually just boil down to frustrated people posting their opinions. Hate Fort Aspenwood or love us, our server has always fought hard in WvW. We’ve been outmanned some weeks and we’ve been over-populated some others but we’ve always given it 100%, the general morale on our server has always been high and the WvW community has always been helpful and friendly. Our server has never given up; when we lost a chunk of our WvW population we didn’t quit, we kept fighting to stay in Tier 3.

Being outmanned or in 3rd place in a 3 faction battle means you need to play off the stronger servers. In order to stay in the game you need to attack the stronger servers when they are weakest, ie. when they are being attacked. Complaining about this 2v1 stuff just shows how inexperienced you are with WvW. It balances out the scores and I’m pretty sure this was the #1 reason for 3 faction PvP.

Personally the IoJ transfers came as a shock to me, and from the general reactions on FA it was a shock to many others as well. I’m so proud of our server for the mature way we’ve welcomed the new IoJ guilds to our community. We’ve seen nothing but class and maturity a from the guilds that have transferred over as well and we are lucky to have them for their attitudes alone.

kitten happens. We’ve seen server transfers boost servers who were even with us one week to top of the tier the next. There is still a week left for free transfers so anything can happen. CD and DB are amazing servers that my guild and FA have had fun playing against and you may still get transfers due to your communities. Whatever happens, Fort Aspenwood is in it for the long haul and we’re not going anywhere. Dry the tears and enjoy WvW, you can’t always be in first.

Malose
Black Talons Gaming [BT]
Maguuma

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: IRSyKo.5843

IRSyKo.5843

To add to this, we want DB to stay in this tier so you can help with Maguuma. Our server DESPISES Maguuma (for quite a few reasons that make them worse than FA in the majority’s eyes).

That’s funny you say that, a good portion of FA has nothing but respect for those crazy maguumans

Well the old maguuma anyway. You guys have changed now…I thought we had something special

Through discipline, we prevail.
[BT]
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by IRSyKo.5843)

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Zoel.9154

Zoel.9154

PEOPLE OF [DOLY]

YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED.

You celebrate dolyaks as if they are graceful embodiments of nature, when in fact they are nothing more than symbols of bourgeois oppression. The wages of dolyaks are death. Even now dolyaks carry the weapons of war across tyria used to kill women, children, and innocents. How would there be war without dolyaks?

I say unto you my brethren, shall we allow this mindless celebration of murder to continue unpunished? Or shall we stand up, together, and end this madness?

Zoel – GM of [coVn]

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Drae.3189

But I have to express extreme dissapointment with all the large WvW guilds from IoJ that transferred to FA just before their server went down a bracket.

I may have misunderstood what you meant, but PRO and OBEY have been on FA for months now.

These threads usually just boil down to frustrated people posting their opinions. Hate Fort Aspenwood or love us, our server has always fought hard in WvW. We’ve been outmanned some weeks and we’ve been over-populated some others but we’ve always given it 100%, the general morale on our server has always been high and the WvW community has always been helpful and friendly. Our server has never given up; when we lost a chunk of our WvW population we didn’t quit, we kept fighting to stay in Tier 3.

Being outmanned or in 3rd place in a 3 faction battle means you need to play off the stronger servers. In order to stay in the game you need to attack the stronger servers when they are weakest, ie. when they are being attacked. Complaining about this 2v1 stuff just shows how inexperienced you are with WvW. It balances out the scores and I’m pretty sure this was the #1 reason for 3 faction PvP.

Personally the IoJ transfers came as a shock to me, and from the general reactions on FA it was a shock to many others as well. I’m so proud of our server for the mature way we’ve welcomed the new IoJ guilds to our community. We’ve seen nothing but class and maturity a from the guilds that have transferred over as well and we are lucky to have them for their attitudes alone.

kitten happens. We’ve seen server transfers boost servers who were even with us one week to top of the tier the next. There is still a week left for free transfers so anything can happen. CD and DB are amazing servers that my guild and FA have had fun playing against and you may still get transfers due to your communities. Whatever happens, Fort Aspenwood is in it for the long haul and we’re not going anywhere. Dry the tears and enjoy WvW, you can’t always be in first.

I may have “called out” the wrong guilds…and I apologize if I did…I could swear…but wtvr.
You cant deny you had a large WvW influx just before the reset from IoJ. Guess we were as shocked as you. You are certainly showing to be superior with your new combined force. And I applaud you for it. Enjoy it.

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

With free xfers ending it was inevitable that wvw guilds would be shifting around. In the end we will prolly end up with essentially 2 tiers…..servers with pop/coverage…..and those that don’t. If you enjoy WvW, you prolly don’t want to end up in the latter grouping, so likely want to be t4 or higher…..and then likely t3 or higher to give your self some cushion for additional shifts. Otherwise your server will always be exposed to population/coverage deltas that will dictate a match, and impact server morale/participation and long term population health.

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

Why do we despise Maguuma? I always thought they were funny, they camp the JP as much as we do and make Cartman-esque recruitment threads for their server. If Anet decided to delete the CD server, I would probably transfer there.

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Jimmybass.2159

Jimmybass.2159

If anyone here was on IoJ during the last few weeks, they’d know why many left. Our NA crew was comprised of a handful of guilds and only perhaps a hundred players spread across all maps. We did the best we could with what we had, but eventually internal problems started developing not only within the community but also within guilds like mine. We learned how to fight under adverse conditions and became quite tactical and tenacious, and because of that we were able to field the highest PPT many nights, despite having three outmanned maps.

What other competitive server can do that? Only one that I can think of, and that’s why we’re there now. Despite what’s been said here, Fort Aspenwood is still Fort Aspenwood. The playstyle hasn’t changed, only the numbers have. In the end, it gave everyone a fighting chance (to say the least) and it brought our spirit back into the game.

There are many people out there unhappy with where they are and trying their best to improve their situation, as we had been doing over the last two months. To those who are there for the sake of your server and not for the sake of the win, I applaud you. Week after week of server loss and guild departure after departure takes its toll. I’m sure we can all relate to that.

- J

:)

King Kong Bundy
Blood Work [RED]
Fort Aspenwood

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

This thread really should be called “1/18/13 CD/FA and IoJ/DB”. I know server transfers are kosher in-game and part of everything. But I have to express extreme dissapointment with all the large WvW guilds from IoJ that transferred to FA just before their server went down a bracket.
So if the name of the game this next week or so (till the 28th) is going to be about server transfers while they are still free…well…fine. We will play too.
The funniest part about this whole thing is that for the first few weeks of the last matchup, CD/FA/IoJ, their was much talk and rumors of FA and IoJ teaming up to attack CD’d map at exactly the same time every night. Rumors of friends/guilds actually splitting themselves over the two servers……and now the two servers have joined up…

I’m not saying anything you guys have done is wrong or against the rules or anything.
But when I go into WvW and see all the big IoJ guilds fighting along side FA now…glad your not on my server.

Umm.. [PRO] has been on Fort Aspenwood since day one.
(hint, that’s why we are called the Protectorate of Aspenwood)
[OBEY] has been a guild on FA for months.
Do you guys even know which IOJ guilds we have yet?
Most of the guilds that transferred over are very small but rather effective.
Our server TS has really not climbed in numbers significantly.

(edited by Maniac.5163)

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

PEOPLE OF [DOLY]

YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED.

You celebrate dolyaks as if they are graceful embodiments of nature, when in fact they are nothing more than symbols of bourgeois oppression. The wages of dolyaks are death. Even now dolyaks carry the weapons of war across tyria used to kill women, children, and innocents. How would there be war without dolyaks?

I say unto you my brethren, shall we allow this mindless celebration of murder to continue unpunished? Or shall we stand up, together, and end this madness?

LOL!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: StormWolf.7645

StormWolf.7645

PEOPLE OF [DOLY]

YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED.

Believers of the Great Lord Flame Ram should band together as one and build a wall of Flame Rams to crush the [DOLY]!!! Throw them back that they might know they shall not pass into the realm of the Holy Ram that is WvW!

1/18/13 CD/FA/DB

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

This is just conjecture but I think the BIG problem for CD right now is lack of communication between it’s big guilds. For instance, we don’t have a unified wvw comm that people can get on. I used to play Eve Online, and I was a part of the Minmatar militia and a pirate. If we could even come close to implementing the kind of ‘battle comms’ and lines of communication that we used in that game, we could dominate, even with less numbers.

For starters, all the major CD guilds could form a alliance, and get a unified comm channel. Guilds like Kome, Lazy, KA, KH, GoF, Ti and others I can’t think of off top of my head.