10/12 Tarnished Coast/Fort Aspenwood/Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I think all shifts of the day in TC’s WvWvW would benefit from some guild consolidation. While having a couple buddies to harass enemies behind the lines, more unity definitely couldn’t hurt us.

in WvW

Posted by: Steadfast.5827

Steadfast.5827

I couldn’t help but lol at a lot of the threads that have posted here. A lot of our BG’s big wvwvw guilds are taking time doing dungeons and pve, various farming things and what have you. But I have to say, I enjoy logging into the NA prime time and going back and forth with the two scrapiest servers of TC and FA. You guys really do rock and it is my honest hope that TC continues to have this amazing mentality about having fun with wvwvw.
If by some odd chance BG does truely become “HoD” like and we start to break the other servers in wvwvw I am transferring all my members to TC, small group but I love your guy’s gaming conduct. For the most part TC and FA have been very sportsmanlike (as with any server the actions of a few should not reflect the many.) And I would like to apologize for anyone on BG corpse dancing and emoting. The general consensus amongst all the top guilds is just that of respect and admiration. We got stomped last week, but we fought as hard as we could at that time to try and stay away from this tier.
I must say this has been the best match for me, not due to winning, but due to the fact that our opponents really are a lot like a Blackgate when I started taking WvWvW seriously. Being scrappy, hitting supply camps to annoy the bigger target, not giving up. All foundations of what Blackgate is all about. I wish you all the best in future match-ups you deserve it.

Vincent Seyani – 80 Necromancer [HB] Beastgate
Torgrin Direwolf – 80 Warrior [HB] Beastgate

in WvW

Posted by: Badwrong.3596

Badwrong.3596

I’m always trying to spread the concept that the overall score has nothing to do with individual battles. The score just show which server has more people at more times to hold more objectives… at least in this situation. Free transfers have to stop before we can clearly say an “even match” occured.

Like last night on FA borderlands, we took back our garrison and then fortified Arah’s supply to the point it was a blackgate zerg meatgrinder.

At least for the period that my guild and I was on, we “won” for the evening on FA borderlands. I wish others would realize this sorta thing and stop no queueing just because of the total score. You can still go win battles and PVP… its that simple.

My only major complaint about WvW blance in general is the orb bonus. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone even hint that its an ok idea… why they dont just turn it off until they have a better solution just baffles me.

in WvW

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Well, being outnumbered 3 to 1 and having the ‘3’ side have a base 150 to all stat bonus and an extra 15% health on top of that is pretty significant.

Meanwhile, 33% extra karma for us, too bad we cannot capture anything.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in WvW

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

It does get frustrating going up against BG. When I get tired of them smashing our toys on TC, I ask people to start a small sniper group to run over into BG’s BL to smash their toys for a bit. With the server transfer, you guys are just out of our league and everyone knows it. For now I just play for camp tipping and yak slapping karma.

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

I say, give them 5 orbs! And when we bloody their noses with 5 and we none, they will know fear as soon as we have 1!

in WvW

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

After most of TC/FA went to bed, I ran around the BLs for a bit. Those towers are mostly unmanned and not upgraded at all by BG. If you oceanic guys can muster up a dozen guys, you can probably flip some of them for hit-and-run fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Ghita Blackwolf.3147

Ghita Blackwolf.3147

The score sure measures something. But that something just as sure is not ‘Fun’.

I’m having a lot of fun in WvW, no matter what that score says. I bet we all have our war stories to tell. Ranging from the simply hilarious to true ‘300’-like moments of defiance. Those experiences are the true rewards.

And I love the spirit and morale of Tarnished Coast! You may beat us, but you can’t break us.

:)

Cixi Blackwolf
Officer of Shadow Company (SC)
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Mysticforce.5096

Mysticforce.5096

While the overall score is what it is, I’m certainly still having fun fighting it out during prime time.

Last night I joined EB when TC had nothing and BG had set up siege by our spawn. We started by hitting supply camps in BG territory, then systematically took back every camp/tower in our territory and most of BG’s, presumably while BG was busy fighting FA and holding SM.

Then, while we were deep in BG territory, FA decided to hit us and took several towers and camps…so we decided to hit back. In under 30 minutes FA held nothing except their Overlook, with half their territory falling to TC and the other half to BG.

After TC refocused on BG, FA never seemed to recover as by the time I logged TC still held a tower in FA territory.

It was a lot of fun to scout around the map and engage in smaller skirmishes as well as pitched battles. Although we won’t make much of a dent to BG’s point lead, I am looking forward to logging on tonight and blow some stuff up~

Tarnished Coast
Orisletum [TFH] – 80 Necromancer
Oriscalamitas [TFH] – 80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Leiloni.7951

Leiloni.7951

I am disappointed in my server (FA) this week. It seems people only queue up when we’re winning (which we only did last week because SoS is Oceanic and doesn’t have a large enough night team). We can still make good progress, win battles, earn points, and have a boatload of fun regardless of what server’s we’re up against. It’s very sad to have instant queues in EB during primetime hours simply because we’re in 3rd place. When we get enough people on the map we can put up a good fight, where are all those people this week?? Even when I logged in last night, the small force we did have in EB couldn’t even agree on what to attack/defend so we were split up and not accomplishing much of anything.

Edit: This thread is making me want to transfer to TC lol… :P

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

in WvW

Posted by: Setima.8741

Setima.8741

Well I said it on another forum, but it’s the same thing here, there’s very little if any real reason to que up when we’re losing. The rewards are crap, the rewards you get from the badges is crap, and it’s not fun to get steamrolled in the middle of taking a camp and end up with a 3 silver repair bill. If you want money, karma and good loot, it’s much faster and easier to throw on a Karma Booster and go to Orr and run an event loop. In two days of doing this I’ve already bought all 6 pieces of the Exotic Rugged Set for my Thief. If I’d tried to save Karma by playing World vs World, I’d have to play it non stop for months on end to come close to even one piece of gear.

The problem beyond little incentive is the generation of players used to no challenge, no competition and the gimme gimme attitude from World of Warcraft. Blizzard hands everybody and their mother epics for pretty much logging in for the day at this point. If World vs World is going to survive outside of 2 or 3 decent servers, then you have to give the PvE generation a reason to want to que up and get gang banged by the zerg. I thought if you wanted people to get in there then make the rewards for taking those two or three centaur camps dramatically great. Like for example, taking a supply camp successfully (even knowing you’re going to lose it in the next 30 minutes anyway) would give you: 50,000 exp, 1 gold, 2000 Karma and 5 Badges of Honor. Once it’s under attack, if you defend it against the horde, you’d get a similar bonus. While it sounds extreme, these are the rewards PvE players expect if they’re going to beat their heads against a brick wall. They raid heroics over and over for weeks in World of Warcraft because they know at some point they can buy gear with Valor points, even if they can only kill two of ten bosses.

Increase the rewards for being out zergged and I bet you people will que, some will stay, and “maybe” some actual fun and attacks will be made with our own zergs. If they don’t want to do these things, then World vs World here will die the same way it’s died in every other MMO. The PvE players stop queing, the PvPers don’t have any battles to hold their interest, the fun ends, the maps die, then the servers die, and so on. I hope they figure out something, because at this rate, everybody is going to end up on Black Gate and Sea of Sorrows and that’s all there will be for good PvP servers left.

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

^Unfortunately they do have a feature for those that want/need “no challenge” in wvw…….free xfers :/ lol.

<—on FA and out virtually every night this week. World score doesn’t bother me, as long as I can find good fights and fun. Tip of the hat to some PRO folks who lead a small group of us around a BL late last night.

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

^Unfortunately they do have a feature for those that want/need “no challenge” in wvw…….free xfers :/ lol.

Yea well I hope those people enjoy the long queues for WvW when they hop on the bandwagon. They’ll find out soon, enough however. I started on Jade Quarry when the game first came out but switched to FA after about a week of queues and only getting in once. So glad I did! Actually getting to play every night is much better than getting in once a week to own face with the zerg, have no challenge, and then wait in queue’s for another week before you get in. Playing > not playing.

in WvW

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

Setima has a point in the rewards though. We do need cannon fodder in WvW to keep things interesting.

Hell I bet some “PvPers” who say that is all they do, are not even bothering to WvW due to lack of rewards because they are used to the WoW PvP grind for pts mentality to get gear/titles. Those guys instead are heading to sPvP which is balanced, has progression and offers rewards for said progression.

Not like they have to do much in WvW for rewards. Add ranks and a Glory type currency. Offer up chests with gear skins like they do in sPvP for capturing big objectives/defending or something etc… Hell they could make a Daily/Monthly Achievement section for just WvW that when completed gives you chests.

They do not need to increase monetary compensation or rain exotics down on us. Just some kinda progression is what some people want. I.e. a reason to queue up and play other then “it just fun”.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

Setima has a point in the rewards though. We do need cannon fodder in WvW to keep things interesting.

Hell I bet some “PvPers” who say that is all they do, are not even bothering to WvW due to lack of rewards because they are used to the WoW PvP grind for pts mentality to get gear/titles. Those guys instead are heading to sPvP which is balanced, has progression and offers rewards for said progression.

Not like they have to do much in WvW for rewards. Add ranks and a Glory type currency. Offer up chests with gear skins like they do in sPvP for capturing big objectives/defending or something etc… Hell they could make a Daily/Monthly Achievement section for just WvW that when completed gives you chests.

They do not need to increase monetary compensation or rain exotics down on us. Just some kinda progression is what some people want. I.e. a reason to queue up and play other then “it just fun”.

They definitely need to give us a Glory type currency or just change Badges of Honor to work in that way. Right now the Badges point system doesn’t work so well for a lot of classes/roles but the point system in sPvP works quite well. I agree with the rest of your suggestions as well – adding in achievements, chests, or especially titles would go a long way towards giving people those things to chase. That does mean though that people have to successfully be capturing or defending stuff, though which currently is sometimes a problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

The problem of people not logging in once one server gets a big lead is universal to all servers.

Sure, each sever has smaller dedicated groups of people who go out and have fun rolling the enemy no matter what the scoreboard says (and I feel FA has better than most).

But for the majority of players, if the scoreboard looks hopeless, they just don’t show up to wuvwuv. At all. This is true across all servers which is why ALL the matchups are ALWAYS so lopsided. The lead servers doubling the score of the second and third place servers is the new normal.

FA coming from behind to win over SoS last match was more the exception to the rule, and happened only because some dedicated guilds started getting up very early in the morning to undo the SoS nightcapping in time for us to accrue some points.

The scoreboard, no matter how lopsided, doesn’t tell you who is winning at the moment or how much fun you’ll have in pvp. In a way that information mostly really harms players.

Giving those big orb buffs to the winning side is, however, an incredibly stupid design decision and one I hope they revert. They should switch the orb and outmanned buffs.

They also need to introduce something like realm ranks so even if you spend the evening ‘losing’ you can feel you made some progress towards advancing your character.

Sure, sure, there is karma and gold, but you can get those anywhere (and usually more efficiently in pve). wuvwuv needs a specific pvp only path of char advancement. The badges are trying to do that, but the absurd decision to make them drop on the ground means it’s really hard for classes that have to stay mobile or die to rack up badges while people who can sit back and use ranged can get lots.

(edited by Vorpal.4683)

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

Aeden, during that last BG/DB/FA match, didn’t a significant handful of DB WvW guilds jump from DB to BG mid-match? Maybe it was a herculean effort to a degree, but if your primary opposition jumped to your server, allowing a surge in points based on the shift of opposition to your side of the fence, then that kinda paints a bit more of a picture.

Nope, we saw that the score was close most of the match, then the leaders started pulling away. I think they just rested on their laurels thinking they won, but we perceviered. We didn’t get any influx of people 2 weeks ago. That only started a bit last week.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

Quick comment regarding those talking about TC doesn’t try for Stonemist…

Back in the beginning of the match I suggested taking and holding SM (We had blown several holes in the outer walls already). When I asked why we don’t hold it, I got two answers.

1: It gets all the attention on us and we end up facing 2-on-1.
2: Stonemist changes hands so often it’s not really worth it.

Now admittedly SM is only 25 points, but still, if you can hold it for an amount of time it would certainly help. I find those to be silly reasons personally, but if a lot of people think that…

It all depends on our opponents. 2 Match-ups ago, we (TC) held SM the entire week. These last 2 weeks, it certainly would have proved a futile use of resources for us to attempt to hold SM for any amount of time. Though we did wrangle it away briefly Friday and Saturday nights.

Might have been said already, but SM is 35 points. It is also the key to EB once the waypoint is built. The problem is, you have to be able to hold it, build it, protect it, and build siege. It is the staging ground for the rest of the map. If you don’t have those resources to hold it, then there is no point, except to drain the enemies resources.

in WvW

Posted by: FrozeNuggz.7219

FrozeNuggz.7219

Brave and Noble Adversaries, Fort Aspenwood and Tarnished Coast.

@ FA I would like to say Thank You, you guys have heart. A little constructive criticism here that might be difficult to hear, but i mean it with good intentions: You guys need to believe in yourself a bit more. Many times yesterday your zerg had clear superiority of numbers but you acted to cautious. @ Speldan supply post, we had 12, you had aprox 30plus, yet you failed to charge us in the open field. You could of easily won by pushing. Yet we won because no push was led, and u let us grind u down over a 20 min awesome fight. This example was only one of several similar fights yesterday with one of your prime time zergs vs smaller BG numbers. We were talking about it during the fight, and after the fight, and wondered why no push ever came. Same thing @ the fight @ Anz that went on for quite a while. Still you guys have heart, and are a good server. Its also ok to make peace with TC and focus on BG, a very necessary tactic used last week against us that helped make us 3rd.

@ TC I would also like to Thank You for some wonderful fights. You guys have some master defenders who love Quentin. You guys spanked us there for hours. You also never left Golanta alone, a nice piece of work that hurt us in the long run. Thank for many glorious hours of combat.

Ty for listening to my opinion.

Shaniquia Johnson – Frozenuggz [KnT] Blackgate

in WvW

Spurnshadow.3678

A few thoughts.

I don’t know about all this dancing on corpses thing. I havn’t personally seen this myself. It’s unsportsmanlike if it does happen. One thing: do not confuse it with a tactic. Sometimes, a person will stay dead in an area in order to relay intel. A few of us will stand/sit on or near him to keep him from seeing what’s going on.

I’m on BG and have been from the start. A large part of the reason why we are tierd up with you guys is because we gave up early in the week last week. There were no que times for EB most of the time. The stupid thing is that we were only 10K behind 2nd place. Can’t remember who was 2nd, but they put up a hell of a fight. If we fought back with all our muster, we would have been 2nd easily. I know we could have done it. Hopefully, that won’t happen again.

TC has been a huge pain in the kitten They have implemented good tactics. Constant camp raiding with large numbers. Starving us of supply. I wasted so much silver upgrading a camp/tower only to have it taken shortly after. Unfortunately, most of the players on my server don’t believe in defence in certain circumstanses.

There’s been a lot of talk how we have a huge amount of more players. That might be true sometimes. But one thing i don’t understand is that there’s only a limited number of players allowed on a map at a time. I play mostly very late at night, usually until 7 AM EST. I can tell you that when i’m on that late, we have barely enough to do anything, except maybe defend or take an objective or two. Granted, we still probably have more than you, but there have been many times this week (I’m thinking specifically on FA boarderlands a couple nights ago) where the garrison walls were down for hours. It was a long, slow process of defending/pushing to take LV and Cliffside back in order to repair walls, hold it, and take the towers in order to have a buffer. We must have had about only 20-25 people on. Heck, I remember that we had the walls to Cliffside down for a while, but we didn’t even have enough people to capture it. Some of them were in the south defending against TC. We had to abandon that in order to get the 3 or 4 players down there just to capture cliffside.

On the flip side. I logged in to W3 again, late at night. EB was full. Looked at another map, saw that the waypoint for DB was contested on FA boarderlands, and got worried. Went there, saw crossed swords at the inner and outer keep. DB had the orb. Oh crap. I didn’t even waste a second more to find out what was going on. I went to the other boarderlands. Saw one with some commanders on it and reported the seituation to ask for help. Very quickly, within 5 minutes, we had the full force of everyone else in W3. We pushed back and wiped the map. The point is, fast response is essential. Now, did FA have everyone in W3 on that offensive? I don’t know. Did kitteno the other maps and say, get over here. We need help. We are getting pushed back and we’re about to capture an orb, but got no response? If so, that totally blows. I’m sorry.

I do agree that orb buffs are stupid. The reward should be limited to extra karma or something. Having extra health etc is totally unfair.

On a closing thought. Because I’ve been on BG from the beginning, I have some stupid pride in my server. It’s stupid because it’s a game and, in the end, meaningless. But it’s there none-the-less. It’s tht pride and fight that is going to make me want to keep at it in the face of overwhelming odds. Wanting to win. And having fun, much like many of the TC players have posted here. I personally don’t want people playing who are just in it to be on a winning server, because next week, we are going to need that fighting spirit/pride, and those players are probably not even going to log in if we start to get into 3rd place anyway and they will just hold up the que times for the players who actually care. Also, it takes time to develop a comradery with your fellow pvpers and commanders. Knowing who to follow and who not to. Some new commander transfers over here may not know what the hell he’s doing and take away attention from a commander who’s been here a while who does, who knows his troops, and who has a large guild to communicate with, but can’t because they can’t get in the que. Stick with your own server. Help build it. Take some pride in the name.

in WvW

Posted by: wacko.7543

wacko.7543

The whinin’ seems to be coming from those that don’t understand that a lot of other servers have been getting the good with the bad. Transfers in and out. Last time we faced FA we had three guilds transfer in that were night raiders, last week, they left. Last week we got rolled on. This week, we lobbied to get others to come here, and it’s working great for all of us. So, instead of the crying I see, get more people to transfer to your servers to take up the “slow” times and fix your defensive time hole.

Nori Senbei (Black Cloak) Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Ratnacage.1309

Ratnacage.1309

In order to fix “my” defensive time hole, I need to convince 25 people to switch servers and log into WvW at roughly the same time. That sounds worse than raiding in Warcraft. Pass.

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Fix three things. Server transfers, Orb Buff, and repair bills.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Garreth MacLeod.4158

Garreth MacLeod.4158

I’ve had my little Asura Ele out several nights now. I really do like the community on TC. We might be getting beat on but we keep trying and don’t give up.

To all you BG and FA folks, if you’ve encountered a “Elizabeth MacLeod” Asura Ele that just sort of ran right into you all and got trounced, that was me. I tend to forget i’m a squishy target.

Keep the good times rollin’ folks

Leader, Phantom Coven – GW1 & GW2
Garreth (Ra), Elizabeth (El), Fiona (Me), Morrigan (N)
Ceana (G), Briana (Th), Snowbourn (Eng), Onchu (W)

in WvW

Posted by: CaakEE.7109

CaakEE.7109

When you see it…

http://i.imgur.com/t00xW.jpg

in WvW

Posted by: Mysticforce.5096

Mysticforce.5096

Another action-filled night for TC, this time in BG’s backyard. As usual, the night began with TC holding nothing, and there were maybe 12 of us at the beginning. We started with taking camps, then as soon as we had the supply we took back our tower.

The rest of the night involved slow pushes and somewhat faster retreats as we tried to take our keep back from BG while severely undermanned. We’d batter down the walls…and then be at a loss because the defenders out numbered the besiegers >.>

Still, with siege set up at BV and treb at BB, we pressured the keep continuously and was able to repel every BG push. However, we were never able to take the keep. Of course, we also defended against encroaching FA from time to time, but after one major push they decided to focus on BG for the night as well. The rest of the skirmishes with FA involved trading the southern supply camp and never escalated.

From the map it seems we were doing much better on TC BL and EB, although we had an even smaller presence on FA BL compared to BG BL.

Looking forward to more excitement tomorrow night~

Tarnished Coast
Orisletum [TFH] – 80 Necromancer
Oriscalamitas [TFH] – 80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

@ TC I would also like to Thank You for some wonderful fights. You guys have some master defenders who love Quentin. You guys spanked us there for hours. You also never left Golanta alone, a nice piece of work that hurt us in the long run. Thank for many glorious hours of combat.

The Queen of Quentin Lake does not give up her Royal Residence so easily!

Those of us who have defended QL over the weekend have enjoyed holding BG out despite our persistent lack of walls, until such time as the night drags on and our numbers dwindle. It’s been great fun!

QL and the surrounding region is pretty fiercely protected whenever its crew of stalwart defenders are around

~Nyari Cil, Queen of Quentin Lake

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

Arg! You BG are like roaches. We kill huge zergs of you and another pops up just a minute later. Not the same guys – totally different. Wave after wave. We have maybe one zerg, but you folks are everywhere. Its a matter of attrition, no matter how good our forces are if you just keep sending in the bodies we will eventually wear down.

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

Loads of fun tonight/last night. Always fun to fight anyone roaming around this late at night. Hats off to the BG guild VCAR. You guys are hard to kill.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x349/bitcloud1/LadySayrah.jpg – We’re still coming for you~

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

in WvW

Posted by: Youniverse.4395

Youniverse.4395

When you see it…

http://i.imgur.com/t00xW.jpg

I don’t see it… care to explain?

Commander who is not lvl 80.

in WvW

Posted by: Vanity.2506

Vanity.2506

Hmm. I wasn’t aware we had a Commander in my guild that was not 80. We did recruit one recently, but I was under the impression they were Asura.

Vanity Lionheart
That which yields is not always weak.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoula.5139

Zoula.5139

Why would a Commander have to be level 80? They’re there for their skill in leading people, not 1 on 1 fighting.

Zoula Frostmane
<Bloodgale Vanguard>
www.vanguardgaming.com

in WvW

Posted by: Viktorgraves.1824

Viktorgraves.1824

Why would a Commander have to be level 80? They’re there for their skill in leading people, not 1 on 1 fighting.

Seriously. Commander Fel has been leading combat since at least Star Wars Galaxies and everyone who’s ever been in a GW2 BL with Bloodgale Vanguard can vouch for his tactical prowess.

He just hit 80 this week.

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Fel is a good leader, I approve of this message. He also, despite whatever level-gear he has is leading from the front. As a fellow commander in times of need, I thinks it is important to practice what we preach.

in WvW

Posted by: Fel.8195

Fel.8195

Seriously. Commander Fel has been leading combat since at least Star Wars Galaxies and everyone who’s ever been in a GW2 BL with Bloodgale Vanguard can vouch for his tactical prowess.

He just hit 80 this week.

Thanks Mordrok. Yes, I did hit 80 this week. I did 99% of my leveling in WvW… and when you’re playing defense and not continually pushing camps and towers, that leveling can go slow. That does not limit one from leading. Of course, a lower level commander may have a tougher time staying alive.

I don’t argue that the commander system could be improved… However, improvements that require 1000 MoH or something, won’t do anything. Just because a person can kill a lot of people or spend a lot of time in WvW, doesn’t mean they can actually lead.

Anyways, this week was the toughest week I’ve seen yet in WvW. Every day/night I logged into a map, we usually had one tower, or nothing. The positive is that we got to work on our guerrilla tactics, and constant offensives, which in turn led to us being able to cap the points closer to our spawn. It was a challenge… but the morale of TC was constantly positive. I love our server. We never gave up on this matchup.

Best of luck to Blackgate in the higher tiers. You certainly are a force. Aspenwood? I think we would have a good matchup. I’m sure we’ll be seeing you around in the near future.

EDIT: Floxxx, thank you. You and Madember of TSL are both top notch. Looking forward to working with you on the battlefield.

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

A few thoughts.

I don’t know about all this dancing on corpses thing. I havn’t personally seen this myself. It’s unsportsmanlike if it does happen. One thing: do not confuse it with a tactic. Sometimes, a person will stay dead in an area in order to relay intel. A few of us will stand/sit on or near him to keep him from seeing what’s going on.

The times I’ve seen it done is people /dance or some other dumb emote on my corpse the second I die or as I’m being finished in downed state. But I never stay on the ground for more than a second, I’m not sitting there relaying intel. I rez so fast that I don’t even notice the dancing until I see it in my chat log after I’ve rezzed. So a lot of people are just doing it because they’re immature.

in WvW

Posted by: sinister.9216

sinister.9216

Midweek Update from Blackgate’s side:

Pretty uneventful week thus far. FA and TC occasionally take something, but mostly, we’re desperate for something to do. Got bored on Sunday night and decided to let TC take a few bases just so we’d have something to take back. If only you guys could see our team/map chat sometimes. It gets somewhat depressing. Last night we had 2 commanders asking people to pull back and let TC and FA cap stuff.

Chat was like:
random dude- TC is hitting bluebriar, need more defenders.
commander 1- Meh
commander 2- just let em take it, we’ll get it back in a few minutes.

One thing I must mention is the complete lack of good sportsmanship from FA. Yes, I know you’re getting beat. Badly. But its really no excuse to spam emotes at people. Yesterday I saw a group from FA with about 8-10 people in it. They pushed back the 5 BG people who were camping their spawn point. But the thing is, when they’d kill 1 person, the whole group would spam emotes like /laugh and they’d all jump and sit on the dead player. I dont get it I guess. You 8v1’d someone and now think you’re kings of pvp? I retook the control point south of Astral and almost immediately upon getting credit for taking it, I get jumped by 3 FA players. I put 2 in the downed state while the 3rd killed me. They started the emote spam on me. I just had to laugh.

Keep the immaturity coming. We might not let you have a courtesy cap again later.

Tywin Onassis – 80 Necro Mez Yar – 40ish Mesmer
Uri Nightshade – 50ish Thief
Sarugaki Hiyori – 80 Warrior – Blackgate [FEAR]

in WvW

Posted by: Nevron.9413

Nevron.9413

I haven’t seen that, but I have seen emote spamming by BG players. I wouldn’t put so much weight behind it. Judging maturity and sportsmanship off of a few emotes by a small handful of players is a little bit of a stretch. And it’s ironic that you’re talking about sportsmanship pertaining to emotes against players that were spawn-camping.

As far as the courtesy cap thing goes, don’t act all tough and haughty just because your server is doing well in a bracket it doesn’t belong in.

Guild – Shadow of Apophis [SoA]

(edited by Nevron.9413)

in WvW

Badwrong.3596

Everybody can take some responsibility and call out un-sportsmanlike behavior.

From Blackgate I’ve seen it from “Knights of the Temple”, “Maven” and another who I forget the name but the tag is [invi]

And its always when they have 3 orb bonus, at least 5:1 people and steamroll a small group then /dance /laugh and what not on their corpse.

I realize its not 100% of a guild and maybe just one person from the ones I mentioned, but I know someone mention for people to point out guild names/tags if they remembered.

Also noticed from the [invi] one that some guardian they have loves to use the block glitch/exploit.

in WvW

Posted by: Bit.2519

Bit.2519

I’ve been emote spammed by BG dudes more then any realm I’ve faced thus far, usually Hundred Blades spamming warriors too.

Commander Lady Sayrah-Fort Aspenwood [PRO]
http://www.twitch.tv/bitcloud1 http://www.youtube.com/JetstormTV

in WvW

Posted by: anrisa.8560

anrisa.8560

I’ve been emote spammed by BG dudes more then any realm I’ve faced thus far, usually Hundred Blades spamming warriors too.

+1 And almost always while we have the outmanned buff as well.

in WvW

Posted by: DeadAirRT.1324

DeadAirRT.1324

LOL

The guy claiming that FA display poor sportsmanship when he starts off by saying that 5 people were camping the spawn. When he loses, it is only because FA suddenly had 8-10 people in a single group.

DeadAir – Fort Aspenwood – PRO

in WvW

Badwrong.3596

The fun part about one of the 100b warriors who did this… I caught him later in a 1v1 and just destroyed him. I’m a hammer + sword/shield warrior, which is a hard counter to that weak 100b build.

100b is ok in sPVP, but in WvW is absolute trash. Way to squishy and only effective in big groups where they have more numbers, otherwise they just die to easy. So it made sense that a bad pvper like that would /laugh /dance on bodies after he had a zerg backing him up and a 3 orb buff.

in WvW

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Part of this could also be…

1. More players on this server than many we’ve faced.

2. More bored players that have little else to do than emote.

3. Limited experience… I have often found guys on BG to be super competitive during the hours I play, dedicating entire guilds to defense of siege weaponry, I’m not talking the 10-15 that we TC sometimes get to defend an attacking siege line while our militia goes out to fight enemy militia… I’m talking 40-ish guys all just running around the siege, while they have another 30-40 engaging the militia, objective, etc. This isn’t simply due to limited numbers on our (TC’s) part, because we actually have 60+ out fighting their 30-40.

As much WvWvW as you may do, it’s hard to get a grasp on the thousands of players that play on a server. My experience might tell me that BG simply has better coordination, while I only played 60+ hours of WvWvW this week. You might have played the same 60+ hours and had a completely different experience based on the maps, guilds and general playerbase that you fought against.

Remember with populations the size of realms, no amount of people (save for maybe a few thousand), will really tell you the XYZ server is full of XYZ personality types. It’s more likely that they are more like you and our server, than not.—- Just because infinity is closer to infinity then to a set variable.

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Hey, Blackgate.

All your altars are belong to my quaggans.
Just accept the orb is ours now. Kinda funny watching you guys try to return to a broken altar over and over.. and over.. and over.

- Fort Aspenwood Borderlands

in WvW

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I encourage mocking emotes, they foster hatred and vengeance which creates community and great fights.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

I’m just happy we have an orb again, even it is just because of a bug.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Yeah, I never even really do the storm node things normally. One of the first times I do it and it breaks all altars except one – lol. xD

in WvW

Leiloni.7951

I encourage mocking emotes, they foster hatred and vengeance which creates community and great fights.

It creates a kitteny community that makes people want to leave the game. I’ve seen other games with lots of that sort of thing going on and it was not fun playing with or against those people (and I was on the winning faction 90% of the time but still hated the community). Lots of trolling, lots of childish emote spamming, lots of “your bad” comments, etc. I fail to see any upside to a community like that.

I think what we should be encouraging is the friendly, good-natured rivalry/friendship/respect that you see with some of the TC/BG posts. People always want to win and if you can foster a positive attitude within your own server, enough to get people out to fight even when you’re losing, then you’ll have plenty of awesome battles without any of that juvenile negativity.

(edited by Leiloni.7951)

in WvW

Posted by: Sunshine.3452

Sunshine.3452

If you are a commander and have people from the guild PiNK dancing on your body, please do not take it as an insult, it is how we praise or golem god.. okay BS RP aside.. it’s not meant as an insult or anything, it’s more of a we have way to much fun for our own good thing xD

Mesmer/Thief – PiNK – Garnished Toast Butterlands
T.O.A.S.T. The Organsiation Against Server Transfers