10/19 Sanctum of Rall vs Crystal Desert vs Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Ghedoriah.4290

Ghedoriah.4290

SoS clearly showing that orbs are for losers there.

Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Pick it up Crystal Desert! :P

in WvW

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

Lol CD is fading because we have a huge pack of people too busy doing our Pink Day in LA

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Nals.3519

Nals.3519

whats the ques like on these 3 servas?!

in WvW

Posted by: Incompetence.4091

Incompetence.4091

Instant everywhere on CD at present.

in WvW

Posted by: Sisho.5431

Sisho.5431

Not our borderlands anymore lol, it has a queue now because all our Pink day guys came into WvW at once XD

Level 80 Elementalist/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer
Leader and founder of [BIO] on Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: Nals.3519

Nals.3519

ques on other two servers? sos / sor?

in WvW

Posted by: Archaeneoso.8461

Archaeneoso.8461

I’ve got to hand it to PRX in the EB. Their coOrdination and ability to respond to threats is very impressive.

(I’m SoR)

in WvW

Posted by: elivia.1365

elivia.1365

Sos have queues for EB and our BL. Im surprised since we usually have hardly anyone online during our midmorning times.

in WvW

Posted by: Elterzzz.4378

Elterzzz.4378

Score at this moment. Australian’s waking up

Attachments:

Dragon King of War; Death Divine X; Mesmereyezzz;
Founder of War Brigade [WAR] -[MERC][TF]
Sea of Sorrows. Crystal Desert.

in WvW

Posted by: FractalChaos.6539

FractalChaos.6539

SoR player here.

I’m seeing some very worrisome trends in this week’s matchup.

1- Too many commanders. I saw 6 in SoS’s BL tonight, none in CD’s and none in our own home BL.

2- Queue times have gone from non to average to high in just 2 weeks. Where we would wait not at all or maybe 5-10 minutes before, now I can wait 2-4 hours in North American prime time.

3- Complacency. SoR’s past successes were built on a foundation of “Take and hold” as much as possible. We fought tooth and nail to keep our keeps and towers unless we knew they were doomed from the start.

Now however…with all these new guilds coming in, it’s become “Ah we’ll just retake it”. Filled with expensive siege and costly upgrades? No problem. We’ll just retake it…

It’s a crappy way to play, and I feel it’s going to lose us this match.

People’s ignorance really pisses me off.
Stupidity is when you can’t help it;
Ignorance is when you choose not to understand.

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

Makes a change – usually it’s 6 commanders sitting in LA. >.>

Mind you, with the number of commanders on the world now, it’s no real surprise. There’s at least a couple of guilds with 5-6 on their own.

I do have to wonder where the “ignore and recap” mentality came from though. Seems like a hangover from the folks who’ve just been using WvW to event farm. Which is a really stupid thing to even consider when you’re talking about a seriously competitive match.

Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Ghedoriah.4290)

in WvW

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

“3- Complacency. SoR’s past successes were built on a foundation of “Take and hold” as much as possible. We fought tooth and nail to keep our keeps and towers unless we knew they were doomed from the start.

Now however…with all these new guilds coming in, it’s become “Ah we’ll just retake it”. Filled with expensive siege and costly upgrades? No problem. We’ll just retake it…"

I haven’t really seen this, but I havent been able to get into WvW with queues as much.
This sprung up last week during our fight with Yaks and GoM. I was also saying the same thing, but it wasn’t so much complacency as it was trying to provide people with something to do than just police the map. It was Impossible at that point for anyone to catch up at that point. This week, with the new servers I haven’t seen any of it yet. I could just be missing it however.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

(edited by tkalamba.2541)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

You don’t have to be a Commander to lead. Truth be told, I’d rather just follow someone else if I am not with my guild.

Also, it’s nearly impossible for us (SoR) to defend our home world with 10 bots at Skritt, 20 at Krait, and 10 people afk in citadel.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: George Welch.4019

George Welch.4019

@ Coldviper.

Actually I find the Community of SoR to be quite unified. There are easily three big guild alliances on SoR, each with roughly 7-15 guilds in it. To my knowledge each alliance has a huge voice chat for each, and are open to almost any guild…. As to a commander refusing to join a voice chat of your choice. Perhaps they have their own voice chat thats already up with multiple people in it.

Granted I can’t say that every guild is on the same voice chat and in the same alliance. But to be honest, I’d be seriously impressed if any server on any mmo could do that lol.

It’s to my full belief that their is alot of unification on each server and they do work together. Otherwise one team would have everything on the battlefield.

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Well SoR does have a server wide Team speak. Many members of the server, and many commanders do log into it, as well as their own VOIP programs.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

I’ve been getting my butt kicked in mini-golf by old people today. I would have much rather spent all day in WvW. Good to see the match-up is still fairly close. Can’t wait to see what the weekdays will hold!

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

in WvW

Mishi.7058

All I can say, is if there is already a unified alliance that uses a voice chat that is available to everyone including pugs, I’ve never seen the info posted in map chat. There’s only the one that we’ve tried to get people to use, but they just say no or that they think it’s useless or the “I don’t have TS3” and for whatever reason downloading it is too much work.

To be unified you need everyone, and that includes pugs, because they’re willing and can be a huge asset if you just get them in a voice chat to listen. They don’t have to talk. Just listen.

And even if these commanders have their own voice chat, that’s where I’m trying to get to. We need unity. And if you have a random commander taking half the zerg because he refuses to use a open voice chat and work with everyone. That’s a part of it, that’s a huge blow to what we could be accomplishing.

Most commanders who do not use the TS generally do not have a large following of people due to it. Some however do normally use TS but will run into an issue which prevents them from using it for a bit (like computer being stupid) yet they continue to communicate and such with all. As for people who are not in guilds, or are new, they can’t be forced to work together no matter how much people try to get them to do it. (You have to hope for the best to be honest.)

True a server who does work together to raise in unity/strength is good.
Though there will always be someone who wont work with another.
Those tend to be the first to leave on a loss of a match.

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: Dear Hunter.8365

Dear Hunter.8365

Thanks for the fun in Sea of Sorrows borderlands today. This borderland has been a crazy fight the entire time. It has been really enjoyable. Goodluck to everyone in WvWvW and have fun.

Thanks,

Dear Hunter The Colorful Charr Guardian
USA (United Sanctum Alliance)
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

Nobody in SOR can get into our borderlands. We fear it has been completely taken over by bots but we can’t be sure.

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

in WvW

Posted by: Binafus.8153

Binafus.8153

Been a great match so far, hope everyone is enjoying the battles.

SoS EB has pretty much had a que since start, low as five high as an hour.

Bl’s on SoS this morning we were outmaned a lot, and very short to no ques on Bl’s most of the time.

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

Nobody in SOR can get into our borderlands. We fear it has been completely taken over by bots but we can’t be sure.

no SoR is completely over run by noobs who let 10 (yes only 10) SoS invaders run into the garrison, destory the altar, and run out because they were trying to stop CD from breaking into the outer gate, but were asked multiple times by a commander to defend from the keep lord :/

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

I heard we have like 50 bots going in SoR bl. That’s pathetic if true.

in WvW

George Welch.4019

no SoR is completely over run by noobs who let 10 (yes only 10) SoS invaders run into the garrison, destory the altar, and run out because they were trying to stop CD from breaking into the outer gate, but were asked multiple times by a commander to defend from the keep lord :/

Please keep chat friendly. We all know that at times World vs World can be frustrating and bring out the bad in us

in WvW

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

SoR have a few bots, its ok for me. They farm the npc’s, I farm the bots.

unfortunately its not going to stop them farming. Unfortunately only Anet can do this and from what I hear they do it in waves so SoR are going to have a few bots denying real players entry into the BL’s. That’s a shame.

in WvW

Posted by: Mara.5372

Mara.5372

This matchup’s been amazing so far. Thanks CD and SoS for giving us such great fights. to SoR. Green borderlands is where its at right?

Leader Mara [EPIC]| Sanctum of Rall Commander

in WvW

Posted by: Teknobug.3782

Teknobug.3782

Well SoR’s WvWvW is full of bots.

No surprise there, I found a pack of them before yesterday’s reset and to my surprise there were actual SoR players guarding them and attempting to kill me while I try and kill the bots.

Yak’s Bend WvWvW’er [Mount Phoenix Imperials]
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 ram | Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB (14.2)
Win 8 Pro 64bit

in WvW

Posted by: vvp.8512

vvp.8512

Taking SM was rough. Hope it’s still there in the morning.

Plainview (80 Engineer) SoR

in WvW

This match is fun, but is also clearly highlights some of the major issues with WvW. A game so close, is actually won or lost due to the orbs, which means when SoS loses the orbs to someone hacking, things can go downhill fast. SoS are still in the lead, but taking orbs legitimately is very, very hard on this map, and the orb hackers are just not punished properly.

Also the mesmer portal bomb needs to addressed.

in WvW

Posted by: Kohai.2571

Kohai.2571

score update… queue time :l

Attachments:

[LUN]Lunáticos – Sanctum of Rall – Brazilian Guild
http://lunaticosgw2.enjin.com [PT-BR]

in WvW

Mishi.7058

Mesmer bomb is ok.

However mesmers being able to glitch through walls and doors needs fixed. It’s allowing attackers to take keeps and towers without even breaking 1 wall or gate down.

Commander Silvannas

in WvW

George Welch.4019

Mesmer portal bombs/ambushes are fair game

It’s a tactic that has devastating results.

Also If possible, try to report hackers/glitchers to Anet

in WvW

Kohai.2571

agreed with george.

mesmer portal is in the game to be used, we should be concerned about hackers.

in WvW

Mesmer portal bombs/ambushes are fair game

It’s a tactic that has devastating results.

Also If possible, try to report hackers/glitchers to Anet

Having a zillion INVISIBLE guys suddenly spawn on you is not fair at all. As for reporting the hackers…lol.

in WvW

Posted by: TimeToParty.4875

TimeToParty.4875

only reason SoR is gaining points is because our orb at Hill Keep was ninja’d (now they’re running around liek they’re something lol)

we dont even want the new transfers Tho some are cool it was just not wanted at all, we did much better without the 3 hour ques and short bus edition zerg.

in WvW

You were hit by 12114 damage by Sanctum of Ral defender using Backstab.

Good thing I am only wearing all toughness/power/vitally gear and have 16k hp as an elementalist, or that might have hurt…

in WvW

Posted by: Siliconhobbit.4361

Siliconhobbit.4361

Greetings Rallers, Sorrowites and Desertians! I am thoroughly enjoying this weeks match-up except for one small minor detail.

BOTS!

I cannot stand them, as I am sure the rest of you cannot. To that end…I propose a deal between our 3 servers.

I propose that Lake in each of the 3 Borderlands be OFF-LIMITS to all 3 servers for the week for the purposes of capturing the Power Nodes and the Quaggans for personal control. In doing so, we will declare WAR on the BOTS that infest each lake. We shall post here about the Bots on each server and give the other servers we are competing with free reign in the lake to destroy each and every one of them.

In addition to the Lakes, we shall post about the BOTS infesting each Skritt area in the Borderlands and allow our competition the courtesy of destroying them as well, unhindered by our own server’s interference.

What say yee?

in WvW

Kohai.2571

score update:

- great battles at stonemist today

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Sabastian.7126

Sabastian.7126

wp SoR at SoS borderlands! /salute to Indo and other commanders, the random pugs who helped

Sanctum of Rall
born Sept 20 – died Nov 11. reborn August 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfbwJLw04I

in WvW

Kohai.2571

and finally after so many battles we reached SoS o/

gj SoR

im tired…time to go to bed…

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Far as the issue with multiple leaders, less you a recent transfer you should know the respected SOR commanders/leaders by now.

I peruse the map and once I see these notable figures on map I proceed to follow their coat tails, haha.

in WvW

Posted by: SmokeyNYY.7841

SmokeyNYY.7841

SoR is doing work now. Where are all the SoS aussies?

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

4:31am PST

Attachments:

~Caedas~

in WvW

SoS got demoralised when hackers stole our orbs and broke our altars, so that it is now impossible for them to hold orbs.

in WvW

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

Freaking a, I go to bed and this happens. I see Owl in that last score update so I know HF is doing work. XD

Wrekks/Wrekts

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Good work SoR, wish I could be there this week.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrash.3684

Thrash.3684

Good job SoR in Crystal Desert BL tonight. You guys did well, keep it up.

Attachments:

Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

“and finally after so many battles we reached SoS o/
gj SoR
im tired…time to go to bed…
Attachments:”

That’s the same time I logged off as well (we were +480 I think). Nice job by the late night SoR crew. Special thanks to Thais and [FATE] for getting that treb at Hills built for me. I’m really impressed with the quality of play. SoS has knocked me out of being complacent in open field. CD you appear to not have the numbers, but I had some fun fights both at Hills and Cragtop last night.

Cheers to all.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in WvW

Posted by: Brynna Stormclaw.9621

Brynna Stormclaw.9621

Epic defense at Cliffside in SoR borderlands tonight, SoS. Was good times. Kudos to Daish for sticking it out.

Eris Ataxiar [HLX] – Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Ghedoriah.4290

If you’re having that much trouble with bots on SoR, whilst we can’t get them to log off entirely, if you want to let us know where they are, we can at least try killing them so they’re getting no benefit.

Sea of Sorrows