10/26 - Sanctum of Rall / Tarnished Coast / Eredon Terrace

in WvW

Posted by: Kiamar.1820

Kiamar.1820

Yshyry is our guild Mesmer Commander and sets up our portal bombs.

Guild Leader of Vigilance [VIG]
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Shishi.6729

Shishi.6729

Kiamar.1820

Yshyry is our guild Mesmer Commander and sets up our portal bombs.

Reallly? That’s… beautiful

Falafelhu the Fabulous
80 Purple Norn Mesmer (Portal-on-a-Stick)
Peon of Caedas [CDS] — Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Lol I love commanding when outmanned as Tarnished Coast. You guys in the SoR Borderlands, funny stuff tonight.

in WvW

Posted by: Shishi.6729

Shishi.6729

Lol I love commanding when outmanned as Tarnished Coast. You guys in the SoR Borderlands, funny stuff tonight.

Just about to get off work, keep it up until I get there <3

Falafelhu the Fabulous
80 Purple Norn Mesmer (Portal-on-a-Stick)
Peon of Caedas [CDS] — Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Uthman.4873

Uthman.4873

The TC players that held Bluevale, in SoR borderlands, did an awesome job of keeping us out. That was a real good time thanks.

Also kudos’ to the TC group that broke out into EB, I know we didn’t make it easy for you at all.

Uthman – Norn Ranger
Grangy – Asura Guardian
Sanctum of Rall since soft start

in WvW

Posted by: Scorpio Shirica.1286

Scorpio Shirica.1286

Sorry, the Sinister Swarm chased me off. Maybe another commander can take up the guerrilla warfare mantle. >_<

in WvW

Posted by: laffingseals.5934

laffingseals.5934

Sanctum of Rall and friends:

I have captured our wvw prowess on video and posted it on my guild’s (SPQR) youtube. Many good tidings and blessings to all, enjoy the halloween wvw and festivities during this round of wvw combat!

www.youtube.com/user/trguild1

twitch.tv/manaspell
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeULWbbiVWCuIzt-6EMq1Iw
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Even though we’re not rly winning or getting anywhere atm, I’m kinda having fun. It’s nice not having the pressure on you to gain more points and it’s still fun randomly killing SoR! ^^

I have to say, aside from the politics in the thread, we’ve managed to keep it pretty friendly. Out of all the servers we’ve faced, I haven’t really raged yet lol. Sanctum of Rall are really friendly, from what I’ve seen. And you guys don’t boast or brag much either. Aside from that annoying elementalist of yours who keeps getting away from me… Grrrr… <3

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Posted by: Mysticforce.5096

Mysticforce.5096

Tonight in Eternal Battlegrounds showcased the Tarnished Coast spirit in its finest form.

I log in and see the following:

1) SoR owned everything, with many upgrades and completed siege weapons.
2) No commanders online.
3) TC zerg streaming in to bash heads against the keep’s door…with no siege.
4) No direction at all in /team, except a few complaints here and there.
5) Out manned buff.

Hopeless, right?

Not if you are on Tarnished Coast.

A few individuals organized groups to hit camps and sentries deep in SoR territory. I went West to hit frogs, Gol, and Rogue’s. At first I was alone, as no one replied to my call to form a group. I ran into a SoR ranger from Goo and had a few fun fights with him. After a while, I was joined by a most skilled rogue from TV. We hit camps, sentries, SoR stragglers, and ET (yes, they do exist) small groups.

Slowly, we were joined by other roamers, although our party never went beyond 5, and mostly hovered around 4. We roamed all over the map, sometimes hitting Speld immediately after Pang, just to throw SoR off. We intercepted teams sent to recap camps, wiped an all-rogue SoR recapping team, and tried to be as annoying as possible.

We briefly joined another roaming group of 10 or so, took a tower, and then parted ways. Continuing our gorilla tactics, at one point we held every supply camp on the map, and took Ogrewatch with 4 people.

While we were doing our thing up north, down south TC began to organize in /team chat. Admittedly I did not pay much attention to the specifics – I just saw enough to know they were organizing to retake lost territory. As our infiltration team kept SoR busy up north and out West, TC retook our keep and all surrounding towers.

At some point during all this our out manned buff disappeared. Complaints were no longer heard. Commands were given in /team. We had taken back every inch of our territory and began pushing into ET territory and set up siege for SM.

All of that accomplished in a few hours, starting from nothing, because TC truly does not give up no matter what the odds. You can take our lands, but you will never take our spirit~

There was, however, one thing that remained unchanged throughout the night. We never did have a blue icon on the map.

Looking forward to tomorrow night – full cap all you want…we WILL take back what is ours~

Tarnished Coast
Orisletum [TFH] – 80 Necromancer
Oriscalamitas [TFH] – 80 Engineer

in WvW

Posted by: MemphiZ.7615

MemphiZ.7615

Sorry, the Sinister Swarm chased me off. Maybe another commander can take up the guerrilla warfare mantle. >_<

We had fun tonight. We are going to continue defending SoR BL and we hope to see you out there again on the battlefields.

Pain Train Choo
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Prime.8792

Prime.8792

“We never did have a blue icon on the map.”

Stop being cheap and buy an icon book. I’m sure you can get donations if you ask.

in WvW

laffingseals.5934

Smile Tarnished Coast! You’re on youtube!

The Republic (SPQR) of Sanctum of Rall.

twitch.tv/manaspell
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: Mablung.3519

Mablung.3519

The TC players that held Bluevale, in SoR borderlands, did an awesome job of keeping us out. That was a real good time thanks.

Also kudos’ to the TC group that broke out into EB, I know we didn’t make it easy for you at all.

This was primarily TSL and TSP. Good fights. We had 30ish there and it looked like you guys had 50 at the gate and another 50 swarming over the hill. Of course I do not know the exact numbers but it was fun.

Mablung- Co-Guild leader of Mortis Umbra [MU]

in WvW

Posted by: Furienify.5738

Furienify.5738

I think the real issue is that TC has platue’d as the best PUG server ever. We don’t really have big guilds, save for maybe 3…. PiNK is the largest. We’ve got the best skirmishers for any other tier, but we can’t get more than 100 people into any VOIP and even when coordinated… it takes a little while to get moving.

This is probably the most accurate summary of the situation I’ve seen thus far.

TC can do really well against other semi-organized servers. But it doesn’t really want to be high-tier. Some of its members do, but the server as a whole is fairly amateur and, given our brief brushes with some high-tier servers, they don’t want to climb any higher if they can help it. It’s settling into a rhythm of “stomp or be stomped”, which is rather bittersweet.

in WvW

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Was having a blast on Eredon map. Big seesaw back and forth on the keeps.

You guys don’t give up even when losing.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in WvW

laffingseals.5934

It was a great fight several hours ago on tarnished coast borderlands. I can tell they were trying to get their groups together, in the spirit of good sportsmanship I wish them well.

twitch.tv/manaspell
twitter.com/manaspell0

in WvW

Posted by: Whisper TSP.8706

Whisper TSP.8706

Sure’n there were some wild and fun fights today. We had us a grand ‘ol time runnin ’round bein’ as annoying as we could possibly be, and givin’ you SoR lubbers someone to chase ‘round tha map while recappin’ our mischief.

Pay no attention to all the butthurt yammerin’ about fair and broken and blah blah blah. Other places fer that lip-wagglin’ tear-fest.

We had some hilarious and glorious fun t’day, and hope all ya SoR lubbers that were killin’ us an dyin by our hands had a good time as well.

That be the real treasure at the end ’o any given day, mates.

Seeya on the killin’ fields.

-W

Whisper Keelhauler
Commander in The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast – http://tcgw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Vagrant.1094

Vagrant.1094

While we were doing our thing up north, down south TC began to organize in /team chat. Admittedly I did not pay much attention to the specifics – I just saw enough to know they were organizing to retake lost territory. As our infiltration team kept SoR busy up north and out West, TC retook our keep and all surrounding towers.

At some point during all this our out manned buff disappeared. Complaints were no longer heard. Commands were given in /team. We had taken back every inch of our territory and began pushing into ET territory and set up siege for SM.

All of that accomplished in a few hours, starting from nothing, because TC truly does not give up no matter what the odds. You can take our lands, but you will never take our spirit~

There was, however, one thing that remained unchanged throughout the night. We never did have a blue icon on the map.

It’s now been over 6 hours since my team of 5 in EB retook Langor with a sneaky cat, while another team took Bravost. We then built trebs to retake our keep. Over the past 6 hours, we’ve held all three of those gains, while taking and losing my beloved Quentin Lake and Durios.

While we did have some folks with commander icons appear at around the three hour mark, we retook and held most of our 3rd because we worked together and paid attention. It’s really that simple.

I am, to all effects and purposes, a commander. I don’t lead zergs. I rarely leave our 3rd of the map. I don’t have an icon. I do predict movements. I do read the map. I do know how to defend a tower and deal with assaults. When you folks listen to me, we do okay. When I have someone leading around an offensive group to co-ordinate with, we do ‘great.’

So thank you to all those who came to EB tonight, including but not limited to Pamana, Karreck, Housin, Xander and Basil, all of whom contributed to our organisation and defense. I can’t do anything on my own, and I need other people I can rely on to relay information, hold points, defend yaks etc.

Thank you ‘everyone’ The Queen loves you all!

SoR, I hope we gave you some fun in EB tonight, if not the fight you wanted. I had fun

~Nyari Cil, Queen of Quentin Lake

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

update plz, the webside is down

in WvW

Posted by: Tierya.2904

Tierya.2904

Hello everyone – Commander Saiyrah here from PiNK TC – I am normally in charge of defending our homeland – TC BL.

I did not read the whole forum post here as there seems to be quite a bit of flaming.. I shall avoid that..

Either way I will continue to give it a go during the week – SoR has continued to outnumber us during the entire weekend and it is very difficult to even give it a try while one side owns 3 orbs. We all know this needs to change. And please don’t lie saying it doesn’t. TC has been on the winning side too very similar to yours and the other servers tend to give up.. making wvw very un-fun.

All I ask is.. don’t sit here and gloat about how awesome you are here -… its not going to make anyone play anymore. We all know that ET is non-existent in wvw and it is not an option for us this week to team up due to your orb buffs.

Most of all.. have fun – had a lot of fun on Friday night hopefully once Anet has done the balancing and fixing we can start having some great matches

Seeya in game – look for the giant female Norn

Commander Saiyrah – PiNK – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Tierya.2904)

in WvW

Posted by: Bunnehboo.6025

Bunnehboo.6025

update as of 12:37am PST

Attachments:

~Caedas~

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

TC can do really well against other semi-organized servers. But it doesn’t really want to be high-tier. Some of its members do, but the server as a whole is fairly amateur and, given our brief brushes with some high-tier servers, they don’t want to climb any higher if they can help it. It’s settling into a rhythm of “stomp or be stomped”, which is rather bittersweet.

Triple A to Major League really. Potentially competitive but not quite. Although I think people do sell our commanders and “lieutenants” a bit short. Basically, I think we like where we are at though. T1? Meh. We’ve had some pretty decent matches where we’re at and we never really throw in the towel so it’s always fun at the very least.

in WvW

Posted by: Ljiona.9142

Ljiona.9142

The crappy thing is, TC and ET will probably be paired in the same tier next week as the both drop. Most likely the third server will be a smaller one and it will be a two way fight between TC and the smaller server. In other words, another boring week.

in WvW

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

I prefer the term “gentleman amateurs” to describe The Coast. You don’t want to practice, or work up a sweat. That would be proletarian.

Mesmer Portals? Cheating. Siege equipment cluttering up the view? Why turn the landscape into a junkyard.

Of course, one must fight with style, or not fight at all.

And what better place to demonstrate style than in the fight against all odds? Thank you, Sanctum of Rall, for demonstrating our nobility.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

in WvW

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Great post, Thrumdi (even if you were being satirical/sarcastic).
I like to think of SoR in that way, too.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

in WvW

Posted by: Rhongomyniad.5081

Rhongomyniad.5081

It’s been great clashing with SoR this matchup despite the scores, as with the thrashing we experienced with BG, I feel I am still learning and humbled at the sheer level of coordination and strategy found on SoR.

Needless to say WvW obsessed folks like me on TC will be on the battlefield day in and day out!

Also, I came across this a few weeks ago but I thought it’d be nice to share: Fellow Toasties (and perhaps those on SoR/ET too), do you know the origin behind the name Sanctum of Rall? It is quite touching : http://www.sanctumofrall.com/about/

Never met or knew Roger “Oldroar” Rall but hopefully we can all strive to be similar gamers :-)

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Score update from 11:14 GMT

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Score update: no reason to play WvW this week.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: McGann.6138

McGann.6138

Our guild on ET only has around 6 members and I think we were the only people we saw playing for the last few day on any of the maps. All of the larger guild have switched servers and left ET. So we are just waiting to get adjusted to a tier level that is more at our current level. (Or waiting for some larger guilds to come back to even out the gameplay). Either way, until we stop the tranfers we are not going to have a true picture of what tier level anyone is actually at. So far we have gone through 2 rotations now and it has been a pretty much unplayable both times.

in WvW

Posted by: viperior.2461

viperior.2461

All of the TC players I have waved to in my Halloween costume waved back so far.

Blessings of the mother goddess upon you!

Also, I’m glad to see you guys continue fighting even with us owning most of the pie. I love persistent opponents. I will miss you guys if we move up in tier. Q.Q

Knight Of Flowers – Caedas Guild [CDS] – Sanctum of Rall – Healing Warrior Monk
~The kind of Norn who one-shots his coffee before it even cools down.~
http://caedas.enjin.com ~ http://youtube.com/viperior

in WvW

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Really. TC Logging in on Sunday morning and seeing this outside our spawn on EBG. Several people outside camping with a ballista, more that were back behind them but weren’t rendering until I went much closer. I know Sanctum owns most of the maps, but this is low.

Attachments:

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in WvW

Posted by: Jnaathra.6549

Jnaathra.6549

-quotes not working again-

“Really. TC Logging in on Sunday morning and seeing this outside our spawn on EBG. Several people outside camping with a ballista, more that were back behind them but weren’t rendering until I went much closer. I know Sanctum owns most of the maps, but this is low.”

I pushed out a few times against that same group. The thief went down and immediately logged out. I spent a few minutes running around the map. Nothing really notable is going on. I barely see any reason to come in here at all for the rest of the week.

The maps are just to bloody small when it all boils down. If one side has a crushing advantage and reasonable coordination, then it is over.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Really. TC Logging in on Sunday morning and seeing this outside our spawn on EBG. Several people outside camping with a ballista, more that were back behind them but weren’t rendering until I went much closer. I know Sanctum owns most of the maps, but this is low.

I also logged on this morning and went to TC BL to help retake a couple of camps. There were 4 commanders on the map I have never seen before, I laughed and just logged on an alt.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

I agree that it’s pretty lame to set up siege outside the spawn.. Bunch of ugly winners doing that. But what am I to expect from those with filthy common blood? Not everyone can be fortunate enough to be from our noble Coast.

I do enjoy using my trained Signet of Stone and high dps pets to kill them though. Please employ this strategy, fellow rangers. Just sit in the invulnerable area and kill their siege. Sure you’ll lose your pet multiple times, so use something like birds which are harder to notice, or a Jaguar you can stealth in. Every chip of damage to the siege is permanent. Eventually you’ll have cleared out the field. And that usually causes a push if you have enough allies around…

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

in WvW

Posted by: Sweetevil.9208

Sweetevil.9208

To my server SoR

Please don’t camp spawn area’s it’s so cheesy and unnecessary. We say we want them to form an alliance, we try to encourage them to keep fighting, we say it’s a boring week. Well don’t push them right out the door by camping spawns.
If we were on the receiving end we would be just as annoyed and ticked off.
Sorry to ET and TC for those people that are camping your spawn areas.
I may have said a lotof things in the forums but in no way shape or form do I agree with camping spawns at any point of the game. Especially when we have a such a lead and it serves no purpose what so ever.
Keep it fun, and at least give them a chance to get into the game and fight like we want them to.
Thanks.

SoR [RUN]

(edited by Sweetevil.9208)

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Can’t find a decent fight or skirmish anywhere. This is worst week of WvW since release.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: RiversOnFire.3607

RiversOnFire.3607

So, see you SoR guys next week?

I really feel like SoR and SoS are kind of on the same path, sadly have to kill each other next week

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

Cheer up, guys! ^^ Keep the thread positive. Everyone’s been pretty nice so far.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in WvW

Rhongomyniad.5081

Quote: Peetee.9406 "
I also logged on this morning and went to TC BL to help retake a couple of camps. There were 4 commanders on the map I have never seen before, I laughed and just logged on an alt."

I guess you were on SoR?

Cause on TC BL for TC the same thing was happening, we had 4 Commanders on (myself included) and we managed to get the whole map cept for the keeps (got Bay outer down) and Garrison and GL near SoR spawn for at least 2 ticks.

It was really great seeing all the guilds/squads/pugs on working together.

Our point tally didn’t last long but it was fun as hell while it lasted

in WvW

Posted by: rhonyn.6810

rhonyn.6810

TC had queus on maps last week….how are you getting outmanned buffs?

Based on last week I think TC has a population numbers advantage over the lower tier servers (most importantly off peak). This alone will keep pushing you up into this tier of play ….as the 4-8 hours of prime time, is less important then the 16+ hours of off-peak. I think if/when you are paired with a 3rd server that acutally has some numbers (seems ET needs to go down much further in tiers), the scores will be closer as it will turn into a 1v2, instead of a 1v1.2

in WvW

Posted by: Cat Amiss.9463

Cat Amiss.9463

“To my server SoR
Please don’t camp spawn area’s it’s so cheesy and unnecessary. We say we want them to form an alliance, we try to encourage them to keep fighting, we say it’s a boring week. Well don’t push them right out the door by camping spawns.
If we were on the receiving end we would be just as annoyed and ticked off.
Sorry to ET and TC for those people that are camping your spawn areas.
I may have said a lotof things in the forums but in no way shape or form do I agree with camping spawns at any point of the game. Especially when we have a such a lead and it serves no purpose what so ever.
Keep it fun, and at least give them a chance to get into the game and fight like we want them to.
Thanks.”

In all honesty though, we had this problem last week when PRX took everything in EB for instance overnight and started spawn camping but we still pushed back and didnt give up eventually getting some areas back

80 Elementalist – Sykotik Death
Leader of FEAR – Sanctum of Rall
www.feargw2.com

in WvW

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Score update: no reason to play WvW this week.

Always a reason to fight for the Coast.

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

RiversOnFire writes:
I really feel like SoR and SoS are kind of on the same path, sadly have to kill each other next week

Rivers! Bud!! You say that like it’s a bad thing!!!

I loved playing against you guys. I hope we would do just a bit better in the rematch, but either way I’d expect it to be fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Sins Vorkag.5218

Sins Vorkag.5218

Sure’n there were some wild and fun fights today. We had us a grand ‘ol time runnin ’round bein’ as annoying as we could possibly be, and givin’ you SoR lubbers someone to chase ‘round tha map while recappin’ our mischief.

Pay no attention to all the butthurt yammerin’ about fair and broken and blah blah blah. Other places fer that lip-wagglin’ tear-fest.

We had some hilarious and glorious fun t’day, and hope all ya SoR lubbers that were killin’ us an dyin by our hands had a good time as well.

That be the real treasure at the end ’o any given day, mates.

Seeya on the killin’ fields.

-W

Arrr blasted seas o’ tha dreaded Real Life took me afternoon o’ keelhaulin’ lubbers away. Glad ta see sum good fights be had!

TSP be 100% pirate if’n ye see sum lads slippin’ we shall have ’em flogged ’n thar rum confiscated

Dread Pirate Sins
The Shadow Legion (TSL) for WvW and
The Shipwrecked Pirates (TSP) on Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Kerri Knight.3168

Kerri Knight.3168

So I’m sitting in Lion’s Arch on an overflow server waiting for the event to start and witness a RUN player start harassing someone from the guild pink (Pink Animal Clan).

RUN 1: i (kittening) hate PINK!!!!
RUN 1: so glad we (kitten) slapping you guys in W3 atm
RUN 1: pink (kitten)
ME: I don’t think that’s the same pink.
RUN 1: its overflow
RUN 1: everyone is in overflow
RUN 1: SoR 4 LIFE
Me: If you mean the guild from TC, it is PiNK Principality of New Katulus
RUN 1: DEFIANCE 4 LIFE
Confused Player: We are the pink animal clan
Me: Trash talking the wrong people, classic.
RUN 1: PiNK is PINK
Confused Player: Figured it wasn’t us, we don’t traditionally get trashed talked, were lovely people lol
RUN 2: i love seeing pink in w3
Me: Another one who can’t read?
Confused Player: guys
Confused Player: i’m the PINK ANIMAL CLAN
Me: lol
Confused Player: one of the biggest guilds from gw1
Me: This is so awesome, I’m putting this in the W3 thread
RUN 2: so how come you guys own nothing in w3
Me: Learn to trash talk the right people
Confused Player: w3schools?
RUN 2: you guys own nothing wvwvwvw
Confused Player: Because we are a mostly PvE guild haha
RUN 1: carebears
Confused Player: and were on JQ
RUN 2: pve lol
Confused Player: I think im going to change my overflow, to a more mature overflow, what server u all from
Confused Player: so I make sure never to visit it

Made my day, too hilarious.

(edited by Kerri Knight.3168)

in WvW

Rhongomyniad.5081

Yeah on the bridge between the Bank and Trading Post right?

I got some trash talking and homophobia too from those RUN guys, like genuine hate and disgust .. not even the sort of trash talking that is in good fun .. poor immature fellas seemed really bored. Hope they stick around on SoR for the next matchup =D

in WvW

Posted by: sceptus.9415

sceptus.9415

SoR spawn camping with the best of them!

Attachments:

Hern | Sceptus | Vulkus | Colbane
[DIS] and [TTC]
Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: ghostchipz.2341

ghostchipz.2341

i would just like to say thank you to ET for giving me a giggle last night with your Naked ELE defending your Tower nice to see the fun has not gone out of this week Match up

in WvW

Posted by: Bailee.1427

Bailee.1427

This is for ourTarnished Coast Soldiers!!!!

Mesmerelda Bluu [MG]

People may forget what you teach them, but they never forget how you treat them.

in WvW

Posted by: monmon.7081

monmon.7081

@sceptus.9415, you do realize there are other avenues of exit right….

S A N C T U M O F R A L L
Warrior | Turge Battleborn
Mesmer | Lia Duskborn