11/2/2012Dragonbrand Maguuma and Darkhaven

in WvW

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

It might be my limited play time has me logging in right at prime time, but I haven’t been in a group or squad yet this match that has had time to hang around and chat. This match up has a lot of fast moving groups and it’s always about keeping up with the action. I think the only time we got to slow down was tonight when we cheered on a valiant dolyak who lead the charge to liberate Quentin.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

So many Darkhaven catapults and trebuchets to try and take West Keep in Maguuma BL.

Poor siege, which was destroyed/rebuilt multiple times. So much wasted gold :*(

Ya, that sucked. Every time we would push, you would flex more people into the zone and then any organized force we had would leave after being pushed back out of the keep. I couldn’t get the PUGs to kill a single mortar on inner walls, so there was no point in dropping siege to take inner.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in WvW

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

Hey guys, I would just like to make a simple response to the idea of “Darkhaven being poor sports.”

I honestly believe that this idea is caused by just a couple of people. I know this match so far has honestly been one of the most fun I’ve played in since launch. Specifically because of how close the matches are happening. Every server out there is going to have hackers and the only one I have personally heard of during this match is the speed hack. That was one guy only and should not reflect the server. Therefore from my stand point the battles have been extremely fair on all accounts. GoF has had a great time in WvW this week and will continue to do so.

As for the post on Darkhaven trying to form an alliance with NSP against Maguuma in a previous match, Many of the large good Darkhaven WvW guilds out there did not participate in this. Fighting is going to happen and you are handed the card you are dealt with. To pair up with another server and focus one down is just not good sportsman like conduct and I feel like most of Darkhaven realizes this now. I do believe that you are accurate in saying that this was probably a small group but a very loud one. But know that most did not do this and the few that did I doubt will do it again.

Lastly I would just like to add that Darkhaven has received many compliments in the past of how we are a very fun server to fight against because we are always pushing back and are fair. I would like to extend that same compliment to Maguuma just because we’ve played with you before and know you guys. Now you have to keep in mind that when we were first in a battle with you guys it was the first time Darkhaven had come across many strategies that we had never seen before. So some naieve people might resort to claiming its a hack however 99% see it as an enjoyable challenge. And to Dragonbrand you guys gave us a tough time on your borderlands tonight and did a great job doing so!

I’ve looked forward to signing on and hopping into WvW every day this week and will continue to. Stay dignified Darkhaven and Keep Strong!

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

(edited by Asklepious.6014)

in WvW

Posted by: Anatax.3905

Anatax.3905

I turned on the Darkhaven Commander Icon for the first time tonight and had a blast. It was a great feeling taking camps, and towers with men following me on the field. I’m a Guild member of RE and we are doing our damndest to take points away from Meguuma by taking the fight to their Borderlands hard as we can. I loved when we took AB and I figured with our numbers we could take Garrison as well. Hell no we couldn’t we got to Garrison and got cannoned hard, then went to Dawn’s Eyrie and got pummelled by overwhelming numbers. I wondered hm where did my zerg go that just took AB? It’s difficult as a Commander when the number of forces you have suddenly dwindles and you are outnumbered by the enemy. Maguuma came on strong and took AB back. Then they took Redbriar, and began to treb and catapult our Redwater Tower. The battle at Redwater was epic and somehow we held them for a long time from taking our Tower and Supplycamp. They took the tower and set up at Stargrove and started using 3 trebs to take AH down. While they were trebbing us we took back our tower with a treb of our own. Maguuma took down our wall but never got in. We killed 5 of their trebs tonight and they killed 2 of our golems so good trade. Great fun, See you on the Battlefields, Exelsior!

CmdrThrennAirborne,Eraticks,Lsion,Anataxis
Guild member of Rethisis, proud server soldier of Darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

I turned on the Darkhaven Commander Icon for the first time tonight and had a blast. It was a great feeling taking camps, and towers with men following me on the field. I’m a Guild member of RE and we are doing our damndest to take points away from Meguuma by taking the fight to their Borderlands hard as we can. I loved when we took AB and I figured with our numbers we could take Garrison as well. Hell no we couldn’t we got to Garrison and got cannoned hard, then went to Dawn’s Eyrie and got pummelled by overwhelming numbers. I wondered hm where did my zerg go that just took AB? It’s difficult as a Commander when the number of forces you have suddenly dwindles and you are outnumbered by the enemy. Maguuma came on strong and took AB back. Then they took Redbriar, and began to treb and catapult our Redwater Tower. The battle at Redwater was epic and somehow we held them for a long time from taking our Tower and Supplycamp. They took the tower and set up at Stargrove and started using 3 trebs to take AH down. While they were trebbing us we took back our tower with a treb of our own. Maguuma took down our wall but never got in. We killed 5 of their trebs tonight and they killed 2 of our golems so good trade. Great fun, See you on the Battlefields, Exelsior!

Towards the end of the night neither of our teams had enough people to do any kind of major push. We knew you guys couldn’t really hold onto east and west keep. We also didn’t have enough people to break through the hole but we gave it a try.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonHandHiro.9574

CrimsonHandHiro.9574

jktracey, it’s been explained this isn’t the proper area for this repeatedly, if you have evidence and an account name email exploits@arena.net with the information.

All of Maguuma doesn’t exploit, so I’d rather not be painted by such a broad brush.

in WvW

Posted by: jktracey.3487

jktracey.3487

How am I suppose to know who’s doing it? And I hold all of them responsible. They used the portal that the cheater set up, so they are just as guilty.

in WvW

Posted by: KamikazKid.4872

KamikazKid.4872

It’s been a good fight so far, I’m a maguuma goon, and it seems like anywhere I go there’s at least 5-10 darkhaven, you guys are really taking the fight to us.

Anzor Anak – Guardian
Kwisatz Haderach – For the Toast!

in WvW

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

How am I suppose to know who’s doing it? And I hold all of them responsible. They used the portal that the cheater set up, so they are just as guilty.

You right click the person’s portrait and choose report. You’ll see their username. You can take a screenshot of it.

Frankly, wild accusations like this do nothing. I brought up a potential speedhacker earlier for Dragonbrand, but I made it clear I wasn’t able to get the evidence in time, nor did I hold all of Dragonbrand responsible, and they didn’t jump down my throat for it. In fact, I’m sure some of the more honorable players on DB would report it. Just like I’d report any DH hacker I saw.

If there’s one thing that Ask and I have made very clear is that we have a 0 tolerance in GoF for any hackers. If someone provided us proof that one of our guildies were hacking, not only would they be gkicked, I’d report them myself.

If you can’t provide proof of a hacker, then don’t stir up drama about it, be productive.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

@ Threnn & Ninein.4782 – Wow … bang on the button. What a night last night was in the BL. To summarize some highlights I thought worthy of sharing … that first Treb in front of AH, guarded by what felt like 40, had given us trouble. I know it wasn’t 40 – just felt like it, we tried with 5 initially when you only had a dozen or so … and fell way short. Then again with a dozen of our own, and again only grazed it. Eventually we got it down, but it was a battle. Then Redwater, oh wow, I spent the better portion of time on the edge of my chair, smashing my keyboard, swinging my camera – just massive. Then when you made the valiant sweep, and took Greenlaker tower ~ we really had some issues, we could hold it out for a while, but we knew we were low on bodies (too many are dog tired right now, personally I’ve only gotten 3 hours sleep each of the past 2 nights). When we were down to AH, there was the call … the last stand. Inside we all new to give it what we could till we couldn’t anymore. We spent a ton of time pushing, guarding and updgrading the hell out of that place, and were seriously concerned with the treb hitting the wall, and no one who could lay sight where we could hit it. We just couldn’t get eyes on that kitten thing. No mesmers, no thieves on at all – and to many roaming parties cut us off, and all were running on fumes. Eventually we were able to pull together I think 7 of us to get in there (seriously was about 50% of our pop at that point – we had a lot who had to catch up on shut eye – homework and have been on for hours on end and needed a break before they drop dead). Seriously – we are gassed, I’m sure you guys are too.

-EDIT- remembered one more notable to those who stayed up till they dropped. I forget the camp name – redvale? Where you guys laid ample seige that was bloody fun. It literally was. We both had little numbers left, and that made my night – like the icing on the cake. Not sure – but I believe it was maguuma’s. May be wrong though, because dragonbrand were getting online and there numbers were growing by the minute. From very little pop – to enough to take a keep in a very short amount of time (post 2am PST closer to 3am)

Threnn, congrats on losing your commander virginity last night, what a way to do it.

What a night, what a week. To all worlds, and guilds involved in this weeks match up, job well done! By far the most fun to date for me.

X – The Horny Norn War [RE] – see you on tonight

PS … your thief/mes? squad that was roaming out front of AH did well gooners.

Anyone have an update they can post – I’m tired but very curious … and if a screeny of the whole map is available – that would be nice as well. I am at work presently but … still thinking of last night and curious how things are this morning.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

^ Im sure it was hectic. I usually do 10-14 hours during the weekends but only about6-8 hours during work days. Im curious to see what AH looks like atm too.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

Posted by: RanchDressin.8210

RanchDressin.8210

Map and score update:

Attachments:

.~.~

in WvW

Hexin.5603

Thank you very much Ranch, (sadface) at the keep loss but kinda figured … seems the close match is still in play. Good job all.

in WvW

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

I don’t think Maguuma needs to win this matchup. The projected next matchup should be competitive and more badges to be had if we stayed second in this matchup.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Ricky.4706

Ricky.4706

it’s not about winning, it’s about enjoying the ride.

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

Last night we (DH) had a nice zerg going around capping this and that.

We came to a keep that Mag had and Dragon had the door down to about %25 so we killed them and took over and capped it.

I felt bad for Dragon, but after 1 min I was fine.

Was laughing for a while due to how messed up that was.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

i remember we broke into one tower – forgot which – and just as we finished trashing the guildlord – like 30 maguumas came out of nowhere and wiped us …i have to say..that was brilliant….it happened so fast I couldn’t even see how they did it lol

IBM PC XT 4.77mhz w/turbo oc@ 8mhz 640kb windows 3.1 hayes 56k seagate 20 meg HD mda@720x350 pixels

in WvW

Posted by: Scifi.9754

Scifi.9754

If it was the east tower on the Mag borderland I think we all just got lucky after a group wipe. I don’t remember even hearing the call to head to it just a slowly massing zerg formed.

in WvW

Ricky.4706

it was in the mag area in Eternal – but the timing was nothing less than spectacular and you guys seemed as if you suddenly became visible out of nowhere …I know it wasn’t a portal trick though because we were trashing everything and anything that moved lol – it was an insanely fast moving night, I haven’t seen that much action / intensity since beta. great stuff.

in WvW

Posted by: Actium.8765

Actium.8765

Any chance I can get a Point and Map update??

Character: Acium 80 Guard
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks, Commander
Guild: Legends and Myth [Myth]

in WvW

RanchDressin.8210

Fantasy football bs:

Attachments:

.~.~

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

It will be a close one for sure.
Not like that lopsided crap.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

in WvW

Posted by: Shajin.5492

Shajin.5492

Had great fights so far from both DH and DB, no orbs and no daily transfers does actually seem to help. I also think it settled down a bit with some going to the top tier servers because they want to win, and the true diehards staying on their own servers because they like to fight.

For me personally, winning is nice, and of course something to strive for, but the fighting is the fun part. We have had some great fights so lets keep it up!

I think a good number of new people are actually joining in WvW this week. When they see a more even three way split, they dont feel like they will be jumping into PvDoor or PvZerg. We’ve had to educate some newbies on how to do things in WvW, but thats ok, its been a fun learning experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Asklepious.6014

Asklepious.6014

I would still like to see the orbs brought back to bring more people to the borderlands (because they are dwindling) But have the orbs to have a different buff. Say give it the outmanned buff and maybe the addition of increased badges of honor drops for each orb (you could use to replenish you siege supply with this) you have and give the outmanned buff the previous orb buff.

At this point i just feel like there does need to be something to keep bringing people out to the borderlands and this could do that without favoring the already winning. Just a thought.

Donn Asklepious – Necromancer
Guild Leader: Get of Fenris [GoF] of Blackgate
http://www.getoffenris.com

in WvW

Posted by: zastari.1730

zastari.1730

I don’t know about DH, but Maguuma has seen a spike of more people playing without the orbs. It probably has to do with the matches being more fair since it’s harder for matches to devolve from close to stompfest without that bonus.

Tsarazi – 80 Asuran Mesmer [DERP]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

DH just flipped SM thanks to my precariously placed Trebuchet.

Oh, and 6 golems for the inner gate.

Also looks like DB decided to go someplace besides their own borderland for a change and are actually attacking Mag BL! I guess they’re not in cahoots with each other after all. Guess you guys just really lack a presence anywhere outside your BL.

Attachments:

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in WvW

Posted by: Anatax.3905

Anatax.3905

Well tonight’s report is a great one. We started in Dragonbrand and our Guild Leader Ethersin’s leadership enabled us to quickly take half of that map. We attempted Garrison and the two northern towers and were rebuffed. We then decided to leave the map and attack Eternal Battlegrounds. The score was so close and we knew that Maguuma was going to surpass us unless we controlled Stone Mist. We entered the map as Maguuma was pressing two fronts on our Darkhaven Keep and Aldon’s. Furious fights at both ends. Maguuma pushed hard at Darkhaven with 4-6 golems coming through in different portal waves, and tried to portal bomb our courtyard. A great battle was had, Darkhaven was victorious and we repelled the attackers. We mobilized quickly to take back our towers and supply camps. Maguuma Stonemist began to Treb Wildcreek, and Kloven mercilessly seconds after we took them. Massive 30+ zergs hit Rogues Quarry, and Golanta again and again. We rallied under our two commanders Ethersin and Arishock and fought Maguuma tooth and nail for a foothold and our territory. After three hours of hard fought struggle and our Wildcreek and Kloven changing hands several times. Maguuma slowed down, and probably went to sleep. Commander Paopao of the Icoa Guild contacted Arishock who was now leading the Rethisis forces. “I want to build a Golem army, how many Mesmers do you have on, can your RE guys pilot them, cause I know they know how to do it?” Arishock relayed the info over vent. I was stoked, so stoked I stopped playing my noob thief, got on my Commander Threnn Airborne and started rallying troops. We set up trebs in Wildcreek and Kloven and began attacking Stonemist to burn her supplies. We then attacked Southwest SM with catapults and all our forces. The battle for SM waged on for about three hours. The first time we got inside Maguuma only had about 15 guys inside. We outnumbered them 3 to 1. However, two of our Commanders got greedy and our diversion became a new primary attack drawing too many of our forces North and not enough to take SM. We breached SM and charged in slaying everything in our path, but not enough of us and in time we died. We continued pounding on her walls with Trebs, Cata, and Ballista. The Diversionary force in the North was repelled we breached SM a second time and surged in. It took lots of convincing to get our Pugs to the South gate but when we did we were quick to port in our Golems who waited patiently for over an hour inside Kloven for the attack to start. We tore down the walls and charged headlong forward. Maguuma had a very strong ball of men in the center of the field. I Aoe’d and died nearly instantly to them before I could see them render in. I watched as our Golems came spinning into them. I lay on the ground and told our guys to push in hard, flood around them and contain them from all sides. Then Rezzed and charged back. A great and bloody battle was had inside SM Maguuma fought hard to keep her. Darkhaven was victorious. Commanders of note Arishock of RE, Paopao and Original Joker and Hollywood fiend of Icoa. See you on the Battlefields, Exelsior.

CmdrThrennAirborne,Eraticks,Lsion,Anataxis
Guild member of Rethisis, proud server soldier of Darkhaven.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Grats at that after everyone logged off. We had 60% of the pie last night.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

zastari.1730

I guess I just have to pull more shifts through the wee hours of the morning when Maguuma sleeps to keep SM from flipping. Was that ICoa commander the same one that we portalbombed off the map about 10 times from danelon/quentin/langor the night before? Tell him Maguuma says thanks for the badges

I sure can’t wait to get off of work and flip everything back to blue!

Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Javy.1697

Javy.1697

I think the forums would explode if katniss and fellyn ever happened to post something positive about their WvW matchups, and so I thank the both for always being sourpusses of the first degree in basically every context.

in WvW

katniss.6735

Umm, thanks? I don’t play during the hours when we have our prime time. I comment about the times when I’m on. And I have fun in-game, despite how you perceive me on these forums.

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

Oh boy! the lead DH had is slowly getting smaller.
Maguuma went fishing and caught a large mouth Darkhaven and is now slowing reeling it in.

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

in WvW

katniss.6735

The positive thing I can say is that this matchup has been the closest to balanced we’ve ever had.

As you can see, there’s times during the day when darkhaven also loses numbers, and dragonbrand has their zerg:

Attachments:

twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Ahh well, at least it’ll be fun taking all that stuff back and building it up again but if my trading post strategy tanks I won’t have the money to do this for much longer.

Blew 3g on Maguuma BL yesterday and got nearly that much in donations (which all went into upgrades. All wiped out.

in WvW

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

If DH PUG’s would have enough discipline and focus to defend SM such as Maguuma PUG’s we wouldnt have this back in forth flipping going on in the first place. IDK How we loose fully upgraded and sieged EH, SM, AH; but we do. IDK why DH PUG’s seem to fight outside of a keep without checking to see if theres arrow carts or ballistas on the wall to use. IDK why it takes repeated times in chat to say “repair X wall/gate” its like they dont think about these things. And by the time DH PUG’s do react, well, thats the thing, being more reactive than proactive is bad, I wish more people could see that.

Sad that I was the only one putting seige in DB, GB, repairing Overlook, wouldnt have even been worth it to type it out anyway.

Crazy Leg

in WvW

zastari.1730

Maguuma PUGs are disciplined because we discipline them. We spam our Mumble info as much as possible and we litter team chat with tactics and strategy protips as well as current map comms to make sure the average player stay educated (I should get a counter for the number of uses of each AutoHotKey macro I have). You don’t get that stuff for free.

Edit: PS that’s a reason to change to Mag once we don’t get matched in the same bracket

Maguuma

(edited by zastari.1730)

in WvW

Posted by: ranciddy.8243

ranciddy.8243

Sad to hear that Mag lost SM, but seems like it was a great fight.

Paint it blue, boys.

in WvW

zastari.1730

Already did. Thanks for doing the hard work for us DH!

Maguuma

in WvW

Hexin.5603

If DH PUG’s would have enough discipline and focus to defend SM such as Maguuma PUG’s we wouldn’t have this back in forth flipping going on in the first place.

/signed.

It seems we are almost formalizing something along these lines, but some of the persistent issues that continue to happen which – communication can only help so much:

1. Take a keep – we set a few members to upgrade it and run supplies. Commander or members /map chat to pugs DO NOT TAKE SUPPLY FROM TOWER or said name of place, please get your supply from ‘x,y’
2. Buck up on upgrade 1 – and there is always a slow stream of peeps who just don’t ‘get it’. They *could freely run 50-100 feet in any direction to hit ‘said’ supply camp. But they don’t because they don’t care ~ and too worried they can’t keep up with which ever zerg they are trying to follow.

Then we have the good ol’ issue of … and this one is prevailent on all servers….

Yay we hit it, took it, gj all, lets go get more …. without any thought into retention. And on top, have the audacity to take blame with commanders for not running aimlessly and taking things down. There really is little thought … or intelligence to PUGs …

Structure and discipline is important in WvW … while many of us do understand that, and try to communicate it to random players to help the better of the world. There is absolutely no incentive for them to care. They want numbers, and monetary reward. You get 0 of that in defensive roles building up your backline towers.

I can tell you, this week … more than any ~ the above is a necessity. Communicating this nicely in game / in battle / chats / voice comms … really never resides within the PUGs realm of ‘care’

Educating them constantly is really not getting them anywhere. They want monetary rewards or its not worth their time.

I spent – I don’t know what was that 6 hours with a 2 guild mates and another member from QQ @ WC in Eternal last night building defense and helping retain some level of strength on the wall/doors while mags kept hammering them. While being available for the supply camp defense if/when needed.

So I’m open to any suggestions here how to train or education the above mentality into the average joe gamer? I’m open to suggestions from other servers here.

Mags~ I’m tired, we are all tired, and getting … ummm less rich by the day courtesy of this weeks match up.

Always open to inputs – this week has been really intense. I’d like to get some ideas or inputs to see if there are some steps we can/ or at least I can take to help in this department. Me whining to Anet to say – ‘gives me cookie for upgrading and watching keep’ is not a solution. Any ideas are welcome and appreciated.

Sry – I gotta edit 1 thing – Kita ~ treb <3

in WvW

kash.9213

It’s not so much about disciplining pugs or educating them, it’s about not putting yourself above them and just keep working with them until they begin working with you more. It’s also best to include players groups at a time and crank out some precise objectives with a bit of communication about basic game mechanics, in the form of explaining why you’re doing something rather then “do this now”. There’s no teaching a full zerg.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Hexin.5603

So what I’m reading their is there is a viable way of doing this through some form of assistance with each squad. I find in most situations commanders are already hemmed between the strategy and tactical approach, alongside keeping open lines of communication between eachother on progress. There’s alot on their plates multi-tasking as is. So while pre-planning and getting ready … and even through out execution … explain the goal, process and why we are doing what we are doing continually. hmmm interesting thought, first for me. I’m certain this is already in place within the commanders thoughts. I know they are very busy individuals, always. And any way to streamline and help grow our player base & overall server knowledge is a plus.

Thanks… mind is definately churning

in WvW

Actium.8765

As a commander I can honestly say that explaining why you are attacking a tower is the last thing your thinking about when your being hammerd. If you have time to do it then thats great but you don’t always have that luxory. It’s mostly react and do it quickly to gain points or keep your side from loosing points type of thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Grit.9061

Grit.9061

^

People are prone to listen to commanders for advice and information, but as you say.. they are often too busy to provide the proper “training” needed for newer players. Knowing this, it’s important that the Commander has a network of guild members or friends willing to take on that task. The commander can say “Hey, Hexin will be speaking for me much of tonight, so please listen to him for squad orders and information.”

You and the commander would ideally be communicating in voice chat. You would then reference the commander in most of your communications to the server (in team chat). For example:

“Hey folks, Grit is regrouping at Arah’s Hope to hit Dreaming Bay from the North. Please gather there for some action! And remember not to take supply from the garrison. We need that for upgrades.

Too often I see a commander taking on the role of communication all by his lonesome, which can be very difficult when you’re trying to lead a group. Especially with the short attention span of some players.. they won’t stand still for 5 seconds. Keeping the server organized is really a group effort – the commanders can’t do it alone.

[LION] Lion’s Arch Irregulars – Dragonbrand
lionsarch.org

in WvW

kash.9213

That’s kind of the idea Grit, I hadn’t mentioned commanders specifically, I mean anyone who takes on any form of leadership, or who even attempts to work as a group. Also, you don’t have to write a book to explain why you’re doing something, but if your leaders or go getters don’t have the time to even break down simple stuff quickly like “we’re taking this tower as a buffer” then the zerglings are pretty much dormant until a commander icon logs on the rest of the time.

Kash
NSP

in WvW

Actium.8765

^ Exactly right. Since I haven’t been able to play for the past couple weeks cause im out at sea running drills (pulling back into port today…but I have duty so i can’t play again till tomorrow) but I can say that when I have lead I have noticed the attention span. I tested it out by saying “Everyone rally at spawn point for a concentrated push.” waited for 5 minutes max. about 15 people showed up at the start then as time went by it dropped to about 6 people with me. lol After that initial test we went out and people started gathering around us without even saying anything in /team chat.

Im usually a morning commander so when I lead its generally in /say chat cause its easier for the people around me to see it and read it since most dont really use the chat pannel at the bottom left when playing. I also usually /whisper people with certain tasks i want done before we seige a keep or tower, or i’ll say someones name to single them out for a specific job. Making people feel like there needed also helps a ton when waging war.

IMO atleast.

in WvW

Actium.8765

Also…there any chance I can get a current score update?

in WvW

Posted by: Besetment.9187

Besetment.9187

Ehhh, don’t let some of the Maguuma guys fool you. I have to constantly tell people not to fight aimlessly on the ground in front of towers and keeps which we are trebbing. The wall is going to go down no matter what. Just wait till our treb spotter reports in before moving into position. Or better yet, report in on mumble and we can use the free bodies for another op with an expected time frame that is less than the time it takes for the wall to go down.

I have to constantly tell people not to fight on the stairs outside the southgate of East Keep. Every time we take East Keep I make sure to pre siege it with arrow carts in locations that cannot be aoed (and there are many on the south face).

Just have 3 or 4 people manning the arrow carts and the ballista and nobody is getting near that south gate. Theres no need to be fighting and wiping on the stairs directly outside the keep we built to be unassailable from the south.

Sometimes you just have to let people make these mistakes so they understand why it doesn’t work.

in WvW

Posted by: Seraphim.3475

Seraphim.3475

Wait a minute! I’m a PUG and must say something’s. I’m in a small guild with friends I’ve been gaming with for years (mostly FPS but a handful of us like MMO playing once in awhile) but I’m the only one who prefers PVP over PVE (if I’m gonna PVE ill finish Diablo3) Back on subject. I try to stick with helping a commander. Half the time we get slaughtered because they stretch us too deep into enemy territory wi too few troops, or,they hit a point then peel,off and not announce they are changing places and several of us don’t notice until we get slammed. I tried defending in Eternal yesterday and the small group couldn’t hold off the mag Zerg who kept pushing into our lowland then. I’m only a 40 (played from 15-40 in wv3 only) b I tried to help the team but feeling like cannon fodder all the time does get old especially when it doesn’t seem like the commanders are leading and are doing the very thing you claim the dumb Pugs do. 100g and I can get the blue arrow too, but it doesn’t mean I’m a good tactician.

in WvW

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I think the forums would explode if katniss and fellyn ever happened to post something positive about their WvW matchups, and so I thank the both for always being sourpusses of the first degree in basically every context.

Do I know you? Because you seem to think you know me for making such an informed post about me.

Besides that I haven’t really been able to do much wvw this week to say anything positive or negative about the match up.

in WvW

RanchDressin.8210

Have some colors and such:

Attachments:

.~.~