11/30 - BG vs SoR vs IoJ - Version 2.0

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

I have yet to understand why we always focus on IOJ in EB instead of BG. Blackgate has everything max upgraded with full supplies. Yet we try and take over SM while Yaks pour into SM from there side. Also as long as they have Klovan, if we do take SM, they easily get it back from the trebs there.
But no one listens to me. Then we wonder why IOJ hits us instead of BG. And last night they left us alone for the most part and were harassing BG taking Wildrun from them and the supply camp near it.

SoR has a serious lack of coverage in everything outside of NA prime time. Is there any recruitment effort from top SoR guilds to fill those void?

Yes there is.
As well as talks with EU/Oceanic guilds/alliances.

Issue is, SoR shows as a full server. Checked it today @8am EST and yesterday multiple times, shown as full each time. So even if WvW guilds find WvW players, there are to many PvE players causing the server to be full and us unable to get new members onto SoR. Though we have brought up an idea which utilizes 1 of 2 ways ANet gets the status on servers, to allow us to get new players for more coverage. Though It’s a very low chance it’d work. Mainly due to some PVE guilds not communicating or refusing to work with the WvW guilds.

Also it’s not only SoR which has the full status. All the tier 3 and higher servers have it, in addition with the other servers normally being listed as “Very high population”. Yesterday while checking all GW2 servers I only noticed 2 of them below “very high” and both were EU servers. In all honsty it feels more as if GW2 lowered the populations allowed on servers, or hasn’t done a clean up of accounts which were bought, played and haven’t logged in since August.

A good way Anet could fix it is if an account is not logged in and actively played for more then 30days, it becomes serverless. Allowing more active people to go to servers and new players to GW2 to have more of a choice as to which they can go. Along with allowing the returning player provided they return to GW2 to pick a server, or even add an option to allow them to return to their old server.

Dunno, I ramble to much…blame being sick. :x

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

in WvW

Posted by: yarz widowmaker.5893

yarz widowmaker.5893

I don’t how some of the commanders on SoR do it. I swear they must have caffeine drip IV’s. The only problem I see now is there are a bunch on newb commanders I have never seen before running around. Logging into the battleground and seeing 5 or so commander icons on could be confusing to people who don’t normally W3. Probably should cull some of them down.

Sleep is overrated anyway

SoR – Warrior – l Dark Phoenix I [RET]
Retribution – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: yarz widowmaker.5893

yarz widowmaker.5893

Also it’s not only SoR which has the full status. All the tier 3 and higher servers have it, in addition with the other servers normally being listed as “Very high population”. Yesterday while checking all GW2 servers I only noticed 2 of them below “very high” and both were EU servers. In all honsty it feels more as if GW2 lowered the populations allowed on servers, or hasn’t done a clean up of accounts which were bought, played and haven’t logged in since August.

A good way Anet could fix it is if an account is not logged in and actively played for more then 30days, it becomes serverless. Allowing more active people to go to servers and new players to GW2 to have more of a choice as to which they can go. Along with allowing the returning player provided they return to GW2 to pick a server, or even add an option to allow them to return to their old server.

Dunno, I ramble to much…blame being sick. :x

I think that this is a viable idea. It would split some people from their guilds if they had some reasons for extended absences, but that could possibly be fixed with a switch in options or something along those lines

SoR – Warrior – l Dark Phoenix I [RET]
Retribution – Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

The first rule of Fight Club is…well, I just broke it.

Killing time til resets with good ol’ SoR (and, for a very brief moment, IoJ). Who says we always have to have our knives to each others’ throats?

Attachments:

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I have yet to understand why we always focus on IOJ in EB instead of BG. Blackgate has everything max upgraded with full supplies. Yet we try and take over SM while Yaks pour into SM from there side. Also as long as they have Klovan, if we do take SM, they easily get it back from the trebs there.
But no one listens to me. Then we wonder why IOJ hits us instead of BG. And last night they left us alone for the most part and were harassing BG taking Wildrun from them and the supply camp near it.

There needs to be some perspective here.

SoR’s Oceanic/European crew is only about 40 strong and realistically against a strong guild such as IoJ’s ND we struggle to hold even in 1 BL.

On a given night, we have about 25 players defending our home world and 15 players trying to make advances into EB. But invariably ND and AVTR from IoJ stack into our home world with 50+ players meaning we can make no advances only attempting to hold. In EB, iCoa from BG stacks into our valley with 30+ players again meaning we can make no advances only attempting to hold what we can.

The issue here is that if IoJ were attempting to win the matchup, ND and AVTR would not be in SoR borderlands, they would be in BG borderlands or EB attempting to take ground from them. They prefer to attack us because they know we stand no chance against them meanwhile BG may in fact be able to give them a decent fight, it’s good strategy if they’re looking to stay in Tier 2 but not if they want to win.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Samiell.1259

Samiell.1259

SoR’s Oceanic/European crew is only about 40 strong and realistically against a strong guild such as IoJ’s ND we struggle to hold even in 1 BL.

On a given night, we have about 25 players defending our home world and 15 players trying to make advances into EB. But invariably ND and AVTR from IoJ stack into our home world with 50+ players meaning we can make no advances only attempting to hold. In EB, iCoa from BG stacks into our valley with 30+ players again meaning we can make no advances only attempting to hold what we can.

The issue here is that if IoJ were attempting to win the matchup, ND and AVTR would not be in SoR borderlands, they would be in BG borderlands or EB attempting to take ground from them. They prefer to attack us because they know we stand no chance against them meanwhile BG may in fact be able to give them a decent fight, it’s good strategy if they’re looking to stay in Tier 2 but not if they want to win.

IoJ has huge coverage gaps. At least one 8 hour gap and another 6 hour gap. We won’t be able to get first. The best we can do is bleed point off of the easier target. Eu coverage went down after VoTF bailed and NA coverage is Hero and 1 or 2 other small guilds.

Black Ops supply line disruptions.

in WvW

Posted by: Isredel.4302

Isredel.4302

I think most of SoR are straight up WvW addicts.

This is starting to be true.

Sadly, this addiction from a lot of SoR’s community has made elitism rampant among us. Drama-filled elitism. People who are only having fun so long as they’re winning. Players or other guilds that may not be as skilled as some others are regularly being told to get out of WvW or outright being called a waste of space.

It’s childish, disrespectful, and wrong. I not only disagree with it, I heavily condemn it.

Viktor Rageclaw: Seaimpin na Cu, (Officer)
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community http://www.gaiscioch.com/

in WvW

Peetee.9406

Sadly, this addiction from a lot of SoR’s community has made elitism rampant among us. Drama-filled elitism. People who are only having fun so long as they’re winning. Players or other guilds that may not be as skilled as some others are regularly being told to get out of WvW or outright being called a waste of space.

It’s childish, disrespectful, and wrong. I not only disagree with it, I heavily condemn it.

The anger towards your guild had nothing to do with an elitest attitude or being lesser skilled.

Your representatives at the server meeting requested an entire borderland for your guild as its so large, we accomidated this request by giving you green.

Your guild then preceded to come into red locking out members from the various other guilds that were assigned to red.

The outrage was more than justified.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Isredel.4302

Isredel.4302

The anger towards your guild had nothing to do with an elitest attitude or being lesser skilled.

Your representatives at the server meeting requested an entire borderland for your guild as its so large, we accomidated this request by giving you green.

Your guild then preceded to come into red locking out members from the various other guilds that were assigned to red.

I’m gonna tell you right now that you don’t decide how we play. The majority of GSCH was at Green, however, that does not mean that we tell our whole guild, “Okay. You can only play in Green now.” No. That’s unfair to us. Our leaders may not be leading in red, but that does not mean that there won’t be some GSCH squads in red/blue/EB either.

And if you’re talking about Friday, I’ll have you know that we were in Green until we were told by the alliance that, “We sucked to bad to be on Green Borderlands and we should go somewhere more suitable for us like Red Borderlands.” Well we went to Red Borderlands. What came out of it? More harassment and trolling from other allied guilds.

We’re not going to play by the rules of some elitists who want things only done their way or the highway. We’d choose the highway every time. The, “outrage” was not justified at all. People want to play the game. You have a problem with them playing? That’s on you. The other guilds on here will not impede on our fun.

GSCH isn’t leaving SoR. Period. So the other guilds who have a problem with GSCH can either suck it up or transfer off. Between GSCH and some other guilds in the Tuatha, we can completely lock down every BL. We choose not to because we don’t want to impede on other’s fun. It actually goes against our credo despite your efforts to harass our leadership and attack our family. You know who you are.

As of yesterday, the, “zerodrama group” which is so wrongfully named since I’ve seen more drama there than on MTV, has burned it’s bridge with GSCH leadership. Staying with you is tantamount to staying in an abusive relationship.

Feel free to tell me if I’m wrong on any of this.

Viktor Rageclaw: Seaimpin na Cu, (Officer)
Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community http://www.gaiscioch.com/

(edited by Isredel.4302)

in WvW

Posted by: Lensar.4920

Lensar.4920

Wow, you guys have queues?

I can’t remember the last time I had to wait in a queue on Blackgate for anything other than EBG.

Lensar – [End] Rasnel – 80 Warrior
Ascalons Requiem – Blackgate
Public Blackgate WvW Forum: http://bit.ly/X3Bifl

in WvW

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

I can’t remember the last time I had to wait in a queue on Blackgate for anything other than EBG.

i know right!

i thought if blackgate didn’t have any queues that meant surely none of the others did.

works for me though!

-Desirz Matheon

in WvW

Peetee.9406

@Isredel

I would never tell you or your guild how to play. Whomever said to you that you suck and need to get out of Green borderlands was wrong, that person is flat out ignorant and a jerk. There is no place for that on Sanctum of Rall, I’d have reported him if I had seen it.

The issue that I have is that you came to the alliance and requested a borderland for your own, we agreed to it and because we agreed to it none of the other guilds went to Green the entire week. We had players sitting in Red/EB queues that could have gone to Green but did not because that is what you asked for and they were paying you courtesy. You did not repay the same courtesy, your overflow went into Red and effectively blocked 5 guilds from being able to play together.

There’s no reason that we can’t work together, if your stance is that you want to be able to freely move your guild between the 4 borderlands, that’s perfectly fine. We’ll split the guilds in the alliance evenly between the 4 worlds.

We’re willing to accommodate any request that you have just be clear with what you want and don’t go back on your own word.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Peetee.9406

When Rall says it’s NA prime heavy we’re not exaggerating. I would say that 99% of the server plays during NA prime and yes we are usually queued 3 of 4.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Smokee.1754

Smokee.1754

From a BG player pov you shouldnt leave GSCH alone on a map. What they have in numbers they lack in skill. And they do have alot of numbers

Thanks for a great week with lots of good fights you guys. TW Im going to look into a guild vs. guild fight vs. you guys, but our problem is as stated before that we are mostly an EU guild that only rescently started NA recruitment. Once we get some descent numbers, and I get our new guys trained, I´ll contact Indo for some fun.

[HB] Herfolge Boldklub – Competitive online gaming since 2001
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5l_0BX0TrarJeOLpDXAFTLtiCkygRtC
Nominated “Internet tough guy” 2013 by Tarkus

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.7069

Phoenix.7069

Of course because when ND capped the whole of BG’s BL and BG’s area of EB yesterday evening we were focusing on SoR. Attempting to win the matchup does not mean attacking who’s first. It means attacking everyone and those times that ND has capped the BL’s (which they have done multiple times though not at the same time) were to work up PPT and win, the problem is that we have massive gaps in our coverage. Some EU guilds/people would be great (We have cookies).

Avis – Sylvari Ranger
Ävia – Asura Thief
Overseer of Hired Assassins – Sanctum Of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Foghladha.2506

Foghladha.2506

I would really like to know who said we would have Green Borderlands all week. I posted that we would have Green Borderlands from 4:30 to 8PM on Friday. I never said we would be on GB all week. If “A Representative” said anything I’d really like to know who this Representative is so we can “talk”. This was never brought to my attention, no representative ever communicated to us that we were supposed to be their all week. If we commit to something we commit to something but whoever was representing us at that meeting was not by our authorization or even guidance. The should never have made ANY promise let alone commit us to a single battleground all week.

Historically, Gaiscioch goes to the battleground with the least number of commanders on it. We just around looking for the one without a queue and without a commander. We don’t like stepping on toes and we REALLY don’t like people telling us how to play or where to play.

This is a “GAME” it should be “FUN”. I personally would rather lose a thousand battles than lose the fun in an adventure. This should be fun, you should enjoy yourselves out there. I’m sorry if your so hell bent on being #1 that you lose sight of that. Gaiscioch will and always has been about making memories and making friends. It has never and never will be about being #1. If it happens great but not at the cost of a loss of enjoyment.

Benjamin “Foghladha.2506” Foley
Founder, Gaiscioch Community [GSCH] | Gaiscioch Magazine | Twitch | YouTube | Twitter
Proud Resident of Mercenary Server Sanctum of Rall | 6 Year Extra-Life Charity Event Participant

in WvW

Posted by: spartanx.1364

spartanx.1364

Despite the frustration that comes from reset night trying to get everyone into a Map before it is poplocked I think what ever was said to GSCH is extremely uncalled for and I hope no Choo members where participant in saying that. GSCH is a huge part of our server and deserves allot better treat ment from anyone on this server who wants that guild to be a part of the regular WvW community.

As far as a clarification on the server assignment goes I believe we assign BLs for the week but it is mostly for when we are doing organized events so we dont have the case of stepping on each others toes and overlapping our coverage. This can be crucial on reset night however and as a guild leader can be frustrating and things can get heated.

I have nothing but good things to say bout the GSCH that are in the BL we are in on a regular basis.

Tytos The Ascended – Tytos Hill – Dee Oh Tee
Paintrainchoo.com – Conductor – TC