11/30 - Crystal v. Ehmry v. Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: exits.8075

exits.8075

Another week in paradise! How will this week be different? Will the CD Zerg be liberated from the shackles of the hive mind? Will EBay commanders solve their differences? Will Maguuma find new and wonderful ‘tactics’?

in WvW

Posted by: TheMightyChoob.4365

TheMightyChoob.4365

I’m just excited for some more awesome defense.

And grub.

Bad Maguuma player
Pyromancers [PYRO]

in WvW

Posted by: MrKnieves.4162

MrKnieves.4162

Why is this message not showing?!

Zheenn [Warrior] [Commander]| Alondra Del Mar [Thief] | Lorean Alisk [Elemental]
Rough Trade [RTGC]
Crystal Desert

(edited by MrKnieves.4162)

in WvW

Posted by: Cousland.2187

Cousland.2187

Will the CD Zerg be liberated from the shackles of the hive mind? Will EBay commanders solve their differences? Will Maguuma find new and wonderful ‘tactics’?

No, no and yes. So you can tell this week is going to be to unpredictably exciting! -.-

in WvW

Posted by: Nihilas.5374

Nihilas.5374

Hihi, Pls Chase me At CD Borderlands, i just want your yaks ^^

[WoT] – Maguuma
Thief -Ayranis, Guardian-SevenOfNines
“Even Pubbies Watch The Mini Map”

in WvW

Posted by: Hekatombaion.4320

Hekatombaion.4320

I wonder if halfway into the week we’re going to get more “you wouldn’t be winning if not for your 50 man Asian zerg” even though we’ve pushed everyone else out of CD border before 9pm server time.

Or maybe the other servers just aren’t trying since they realized the hard core turtle is a big part of why we’re in the same match up for this many weeks in a row?

Italucuc[KH] – 80 Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

DC again? Sigh…
I want to play with some other servers…

in WvW

Posted by: xxxzavulonxxx.8413

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

I wonder if halfway into the week we’re going to get more “you wouldn’t be winning if not for your 50 man Asian zerg” even though we’ve pushed everyone else out of CD border before 9pm server time.

Or maybe the other servers just aren’t trying since they realized the hard core turtle is a big part of why we’re in the same match up for this many weeks in a row?

You are a zerg server. You aren’t rolling Ebay and Maguuma because of tactics. Neither of these servers can handle another server that has the members you guys do. Not sure why CD is so ashamed of this.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: ryan.3915

ryan.3915

You are a zerg server. You aren’t rolling Ebay and Maguuma because of tactics. Neither of these servers can handle another server that has the members you guys do. Not sure why CD is so ashamed of this.

Please share the wonderful skill and strategy that makes the other two servers stand out. Always willing to learn.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.
I still love Crystal Dessert tho.

in WvW

Posted by: Gorefiend.9675

Gorefiend.9675

Please share the wonderful skill and strategy that makes the other two servers stand out. Always willing to learn.

Not trying to build a Siege Golem in front of the enemys door within range of their arrow carts for one.

D/D, Staff Elementalist

in WvW

ryan.3915

Not trying to build a Siege Golem in front of the enemys door within range of their arrow carts for one.

That’s a good point for the newbies. Sometimes they get all excited about trying out new toys.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

I Lol @ CD being anything other than a zerg server:

Higher population than both servers? Check.
Never upgrade anything, and spawn camp at any given chance? Check.
PvDoor because uber population? Check.
Numbers winning because skill can’t? Check.

Thanks for playing

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

We don’t get ourselves facerolled as much by inferior numbers? Where as CD is constantly getting wiped by smaller forces. And once you move up a tier you will end up back in this one because mass pvp =/= 50 man zergs lololwin when people have #s to counter it.

I am not honestly hating here. But you guys aren’t as tough as Ehmry. Ehmry players put up a helluva lot more fight when numbers arent skewed.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: Ambrosiaa.6054

Ambrosiaa.6054

We don’t get ourselves facerolled as much by inferior numbers? Where as CD is constantly getting wiped by smaller forces. And once you move up a tier you will end up back in this one because mass pvp =/= 50 man zergs lololwin when people have #s to counter it.

I am not honestly hating here. But you guys aren’t as tough as Ehmry. Ehmry players put up a helluva lot more fight when numbers arent skewed.

Nah, from what i’ve observed, mag players are the least organized and the easiest to wipe. That’s why you are always last.

in WvW

Archer.1658

Thanks for playing

I lol @ sore losers. Yes CD has a higher population that’s for sure. But from what i’m seeing from the other 2 servers, you would still get stomped if the numbers were equal. Just like how you guys just got stomped in NA prime time.

[Edit] you wipe every time when its equal numbers, don’t kid yourself. Lol

[Edited by CC: Provocation]

Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

It took 7 posts before the thread degenerated into name calling and mud-flinging. Really?

in WvW

Ambrosiaa.6054

Thanks for playing

I lol @ sore losers. Yes CD has a higher population that’s for sure. But from what i’m seeing from the other 2 servers, you would still get stomped if the numbers were equal. Just like how you guys just got stomped in NA prime time.

Yes really. I’m not even joking. You guys need to improve your organization and strategy if you even want to think of fighting on par with cd

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

I like where this thread is going.

in WvW

Archer.1658

Thanks for playing

[Edit]

Yes really. I’m not even joking. You guys need to improve your organization and strategy if you even want to think of fighting on par with cd

Strategy and organization? two things CD know nothing of. Your only strategy is zerg everything because higher numbers. Now i now why you guys are in tier 4, can’t compete with the tier 3 zergs. Lol

Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

xxxzavulonxxx.8413

Nah, from what i’ve observed, mag players are the least organized and the easiest to wipe. That’s why you are always last.

Except we cap SM with such small forces. And get accused of wallhacks because CD has no clue about game mechanics. Pro-organizational skills there.

[SU]

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

Thanks for playing

Obvious troll is obvious, you wipe every time when its equal numbers, don’t kid yourself. Lol

Strategy and organization? two things CD know nothing of. Your only strategy is zerg everything because higher numbers. Now i now why you guys are in tier 4, can’t compete with the tier 3 zergs. Lol

Doesn’t mean he’s not right, we don’t have the numbers.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Ambrosiaa.6054

Thanks for playing

Obvious troll is obvious, you wipe every time when its equal numbers, don’t kid yourself. Lol

Lol. I don’t even know what you guys are doing in tier 4. I hope next week you go back to t5 or 6 where you belong. Because this is starting to get really boring.

in WvW

ryan.3915

Hey, it’s the weekend and everyone has time to play. No PVDooring either since it’s full population everywhere.

Score update!
CD: 12,622 +395
EBay: 7,962 +155

Love playing with EBay because their reaction times are really fast.

Blaine Warbler, Thief
EDMW, Jade Quarry.

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

Lol. I don’t even know what you guys are doing in tier 4. I hope next week you go back to t5 or 6 where you belong. Because this is starting to get really boring.

Maguuma has only been T4 and T5 since the beginning of WvW. We’ve never been in another tier. Ever.

Unless that guy is EBay, than I dunno. Something or other.

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

Hey ambrosiaa come to EB bl and wipe us i dare you.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

CD 13,214 +375
EB 8,170 +145
M 7,932 +175

Since CD doesn’t actually know how to post score updates

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

CD 13,214 +375
EB 8,170 +145
M 7,932 +175

Since CD doesn’t actually know how to post score updates

I actually LOLed at this! Very funny.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: Adilor.8641

Adilor.8641

It took 7 posts before the thread degenerated into name calling and mud-flinging. Really?

Problem is, this is our third week of this. We’re all sick of each other by now. We know how the week is going to go.

That doesn’t excuse it, though. C’mon guys, can we just be civil, please? Don’t get the thread locked; it’ll make us all look bad.

Adilor Solthaer / Ky Loricandis
[House Angel]
Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Raincrow.1840

Raincrow.1840

I’m starting to see why Mag and Ebay can’t get along. To many of you making posts like this, and showing no respect for the people you’re going up against.

As a CD player I see larger zergs wipe against our smaller groups all the time. It happens on every server.

Mag is very good with the siege weapons in the lords room / inner keep and CD tend to be very single goal minds, often pounding on the same spot for hours. It’s one of our flaws, but also one of our strengths in that we don’t give up easily.

But to come in here and make claims that we’re an “unskilled zerg server” is just silly. If we’re so unskilled and easliy wiped by smaller groups…. why don’t you have more points on the board?

Crystal Desert; The Viking Server
When are people going to figure out there’s a war going on?

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

I’m starting to see why Mag and Ebay can’t get along. To many of you making posts like this, and showing no respect for the people you’re going up against.

I play during CD’s oceanic time and I understand the difference between that and their NA presence. People who don’t are just idiots and buttmad because we lose almost everything to the “mindless zerg” daily. The fact that the zerg is mindless just adds salt to the wound, because we’re not losing because the enemy is playing smart, it’s because they’re just overwhelming us with numbers. So people turn their hatred to the entirety of the server rather than realizing that’s just a certain group of people.

If we’re so unskilled and easliy wiped by smaller groups…. why don’t you have more points on the board?

Okay, I know the guy you were replying to is an idiot but don’t you go all hurrdurr on me too. When the zerg takes out everything, it leaves us vulnerable and forces to play defense (running supplies, protecting yaks, upgrading, scouting). Because of this, we don’t have much breathing room to be offensive and take other things (thus getting more points for us). Also, the five hour window that the zerg takes to cap things rack up a nice points per tick for them.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in WvW

Posted by: AjoraOaks.3659

AjoraOaks.3659

As a CD player I see larger zergs wipe against our smaller groups all the time. It happens on every server.

Mag is very good with the siege weapons in the lords room / inner keep and CD tend to be very single goal minds, often pounding on the same spot for hours. It’s one of our flaws, but also one of our strengths in that we don’t give up easily.

But to come in here and make claims that we’re an “unskilled zerg server” is just silly. If we’re so unskilled and easliy wiped by smaller groups…. why don’t you have more points on the board?

So if you pound on something for hours and call it a flaw that means its not unskilled or zerg-like, interesting… well anyways… anything else interesting going on?

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

I will tell you why we don’t have more points.

The people that often wipe the zergs have no interest in taking keeps/towers, they enjoy killing players and have no interest in attacking a door for 5 minutes.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

The fact that the zerg is mindless just adds salt to the wound, because we’re not losing because the enemy is playing smart, it’s because they’re just overwhelming us with numbers.

BUt the problem with this whole argument is that if the zerg is actually “mindless” they wouldn’t actually be gaining us anything. The fact that we’re winning, sort of proves that zerg itself is a smart tactic.

Does it work because of numbers? Yes, it does. But it still works. I don’t see how basically capping the entire map can be considered mindless at all.

Okay, I know the guy you were replying to is an idiot but don’t you go all hurrdurr on me too. When the zerg takes out everything, it leaves us vulnerable and forces to play defense (running supplies, protecting yaks, upgrading, scouting). Because of this, we don’t have much breathing room to be offensive and take other things (thus getting more points for us). Also, the five hour window that the zerg takes to cap things rack up a nice points per tick for them.

Sure I can see this, and I’m sure all three servers have very skilled players capable of taking on larger forces, and coming up with excellent strats to win. The problem comes about when people come to the forums talking bad about the server that’s winning, calling us mindless, and a “zerg server”, as if the fact that we’re winning each week has no meaning at all.

You (not you personally) can rant and rave about how “mindless” we are, but if the strategy is working, it can’t be too bad.

(edited by Raincrow.1840)

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

To be fair, the zerg works but it has the potential to work even better.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

So if you pound on something for hours and call it a flaw that means its not unskilled or zerg-like, interesting… well anyways… anything else interesting going on?

I called it a flaw, didn’t I?

Attempting to take a garrison or castle that is heavily defended is a daunting task, and while we sometimes spend too much effort on certain goals (in my opinion) that really doesn’t equate to a lack of “skill” as much as it’s just a willingness to keep pushing against difficult challenges.

I also find it very funny that you long time tier 4 guys call us “zerg-like”… try fighting TC some time.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

I will tell you why we don’t have more points.

The people that often wipe the zergs have no interest in taking keeps/towers, they enjoy killing players and have no interest in attacking a door for 5 minutes.

So it’s ok if your group is “mindless”, as long as it’s small? Was that your point?

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Problem is, this is our third week of this. We’re all sick of each other by now. We know how the week is going to go.

That doesn’t excuse it, though. C’mon guys, can we just be civil, please? Don’t get the thread locked; it’ll make us all look bad.

It’s the exact same thing in tier 3, with the exact same placements for the past 2 weeks. Most of us aren’t thrilled, but we haven’t exactly starting flinging crap at each other either.

Edit: It’s not that hard to understand why people get upset when they think they are losing to numbers alone. CD complained that TC were a mindless zerg when you guys were in T3, and now it’s your turn to dish it out. Nobody likes losing when they think they have a chance if the numbers were even. Well, nobody likes losing in general, but there’s an easy and obvious thing to blame if the numbers are lopsided, and people are going to jump on that.

To t4, CD is a zerg server. And that’s fine if you ask me >_>

(edited by ykyk.2740)

in WvW

Posted by: Deathdom.8250

Deathdom.8250

It’s the exact same thing in tier 3, with the exact same placements for the past 2 weeks. Most of us aren’t thrilled, but we haven’t exactly starting flinging crap at each other either.

Well, things might change next week. It may not be super accurate right now, but the millenium site shows a chance of CD swapping places with YB.

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

CD complained that TC were a mindless zerg when you guys were in T3, and now it’s your turn to dish it out.

Actually the accusation against TC’s zerg wasn’t that they were “mindless” it was that they were cowardly. Just to clerify

in WvW

ykyk.2740

Ah, of course. Different flavors of the zerg.

in WvW

Bones.5762

CD complained that TC were a mindless zerg when you guys were in T3, and now it’s your turn to dish it out.

Actually the accusation against TC’s zerg wasn’t that they were “mindless” it was that they were cowardly. Just to clerify

Idk, maybe they just know when to back off instead of being farmed for badges for hours.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

Idk, maybe they just know when to back off instead of being farmed for badges for hours.

When you play TC you can decide for yourself.

in WvW

Bones.5762

I’m just saying, i don’t think its cowardly to walk away from a fight you think you can’t win, in fact it just means tht commander leading you is smart. There were a couple scenarios we knew we couldn’t win and the commander literally said don’t get farmed for badges, back off. I really admire CD relentless attacks for hours, it’s actually the most fun, so if it changes the hour long fun only becomes minutes.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Raincrow.1840

I’m just saying, i don’t think its cowardly to walk away from a fight you think you can’t win, in fact it just means tht commander leading you is smart.

Sure. But, that wasn’t the accusation against TC. Some of our players accused them of only fighting against undefended points, even when they were in a huge zerg that likely could have won. They would simply run away, avoiding any opposition.

Personally, I don’t like to judge entire servers by the actions of a few… I’m just clarifying the difference so that it can’t be insinuated there is some type of hypocrisy going on.

in WvW

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

BUt the problem with this whole argument is that if the zerg is actually “mindless” they wouldn’t actually be gaining us anything. The fact that we’re winning, sort of proves that zerg itself is a smart tactic.

Does it work because of numbers? Yes, it does. But it still works. I don’t see how basically capping the entire map can be considered mindless at all.

You (not you personally) can rant and rave about how “mindless” we are, but if the strategy is working, it can’t be too bad.

People don’t normally see “throw bodies until you win” as an “honored” tactic, that’s why. I posted about this in the previous thread. Lots of times it doesn’t work, and instead of making a new plan, they continue throwing bodies (and failing) at what they’re doing. Sure, you can make the argument that it works, because most of the time it does. But it’s the most elementary of tactics, and reserved for people who cannot think outside of just steamrolling (this is not my personal opinion, but what I’ve noticed that other people believe).

Keep in mind that people are not just saying “mindless zerg” just because that zerg is winning. It’s how the zerg acts. Like I said before, the “mindless zerg” will continue failing at something until they get bored, tired, or finally decide to hit a different target. They will not come up with a new plan. This happens A LOT with the oceanic presence of CD.

It’s like saying: "Let’s just hack their keep, it works, we win. " Yea, it works (despite the obvious reasons for not doing it), but it’s not a respectful way to do it. Losing against sheer numbers isn’t an “honorable-sama” loss, so people get upset over that. It’s not that hard to amass numbers with a WvW population like that, so people don’t respect zerging as a tactic. Losing against anything other than Russian tactics is really fun to me. I want to see what the enemy is capable of, I want them to outsmart us, I want to know what tricks they have up their sleeves. Instead, I just get 20-30 people banging their faces on south gate of east keep (which is the worst gate btw. EsF, looking at you. Stop it or golem rush) , running away to lick their wounds, then coming back for more. It’s boring.

Sure I can see this, and I’m sure all three servers have very skilled players capable of taking on larger forces, and coming up with excellent strats to win. The problem comes about when people come to the forums talking bad about the server that’s winning, calling us mindless, and a “zerg server”, as if the fact that we’re winning each week has no meaning at all.

Like I said, those people are idiots. They fought a zerg, lost badly, and are upset. So they trash talk the server because of that.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in WvW

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

sick of CD and getting run over 10-1. Even numbers they run or die everytime.

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

CD can’t take anything unless they outnumber the enemy 10:1

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

I like having full map’s worth of enemies to go up against. Badges never get old. It’s 1980 badges for full accessories alone. Just got my 2nd invader’s weapon, and I’m working on the accessories now. Should be done this week.

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Ambrosiaa.6054

I’ve managed to rack up 6k kills from last week and today alone. I would like to thank the maguumans

in WvW

Posted by: fade.8603

fade.8603

The best “strategy” is a “winning” one, be it in tactics or in numbers.

And stop asking CD to stoop to a lower level by restricting our own numbers just to play your game. Why not complain about you guys not having the numbers and try to bring it up so that we have a level playing field?

For ppl who keep complaining about 10-1, go find another 9 from your server.

BlackGate

(edited by fade.8603)